Personal Touch Dining Reviews

Personal Touch Dining 5
Personal Touch Dining 6
Personal Touch Dining 7

Norma Kinnunen · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Love personal touch dining!

My daughter Rachel and new son-in-law Andrew choose Personal Touch Dining from their 'one and only' tasting as they loved the food and delivery. My daughter has discriminating taste and has since she was a child. We also had 2 Executive Chefs as guests and they concurred!! I volunteered to write this review due to my satisfaction as a parent. I was not involved with the selections, but borrowed the menu for printing. We used the menu from the tasting to make our own for the guests which included appetizers through the desserts. It was a nice touch to the dinner table. Instead of cake, the newlyweds did desserts. The chocolate and white cake pops were divine and the churro stand a hit! They also chose a full bar which was beyond affordable. Brittany was their go-to for catering. The staff we so professional and took care of everything! Because it was flawless all that was required of me was to have a good time and that I did. Norma K, Mother-of-the-Bride

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Personal Touch Dining 8
    Personal Touch Dining 9
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 07/19/2019

Personal Touch Dining

Personal Touch Dining did a wonderful job with our wedding catering from start to finish. We requested proposals from 3-5 companies during our initial search and Personal Touch first impressed us with their affordability which was very important to us. Sometimes affordability can translate into lower quality for service/taste/etc. but such is NOT the case with PTD. From my initial email their sales representative was extremely responsive, curteous, and helpful. She tweaked our proposal multiple times so I could get a feel for the costs and what to expect before our tasting which I really appreciated. Our tasting went beautifully and everything tasted great! As we got closer to our day we worked with another staff member named Brittany and she was an absolute joy. So sweet, very responsive as well, and had great energy when we met in person. Everything tasted and looked great on the day of our wedding. At the end of the night we were ready to leave and one of their staff asked if we'd like to go boxes of the dinner food. I responded that we were leaving on our Honeymoon, but to give it to my parents, which they did. However, the server then asked about us taking some dessert back with us and we didn't even realize that we never got to eat our own desserts due to being so busy the whole night! I emphatically replied YES and really appreciated that person going above and beyond to make sure we got what we needed, and things we didn't even think about. My husband and I were able to enjoy the delicious cookies and chocolate covered strawberries provided by PTD in our wedding night suite along with our cake which they boxed up for us as well. Really really appreciated that extra effort to track us down and ask.
    There were a couple minor things we addressed after the fact when asked about our experience and Lauren was very quick to remedy these details which was also very impressive to me. Highly recommend this company.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Cortney

Cortney · Married on 06/08/2019

Outstanding food!

Personal touch is exactly who you should hire for next event/wedding! Our tasting with them for our wedding was so nice- they made us feel so important. When our actual wedding day got here at Orfila Winery all of our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was. The cornbread chicken is to die for. We wouldn't change a thing! They provided passed wine after our ceremony, champagne pour for our speeches and the buffet was piping hot. We highly suggest!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Hi Cortney,

It was an absolute pleasure to be part of your event!
    We're thrilled your special day was everything you dreamed of.

Wishing you all the best,
    Lauren at Personal Touch Dining
  • DANIELLE

DANIELLE · Married on 05/11/2019

Not your typical catering food

Personal Touch Dining was amazing! From the beginning the staff was wonderful to work with and answered all of our questions regarding their menu and service. They had so many options to choose from and when it came down to the delicious food our mouths just exploded from the yummy goodness. Our menu tasting was professional and presented to us just as it would be presented to our guests. They were even accommodating to me and a few guests who had food allergies. They made sure we had the proper table set up for our guests & our venue and even helped make a few changes when our guest count changed. It was amazing having a caterer who also provided tables, chairs and linens as that was one less thing I had to do and worry about. It was a one stop shop and every bride can appreciate that. For our food we had a sit down dinner and our horderves were crab cakes, bbq pizza, and beef wellington. For our dinner we had roasted beet & mandarin salad and then filet mignon or white sea bass pan seared with mediterranean spices. All of the food was very fresh and delicious. It didn’t taste like your typical catering food. During our wedding the staff was very attentive to our guests and making sure everyone had everything they needed. There was a little mishap during our toasts and not having champagne flutes on the table but that was so minor no one even noticed. Overall we are so happy that we choose PTD they are professional and most importantly their food is phenomenal.

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Personal Touch Dining 10
    Personal Touch Dining 11
    Personal Touch Dining 12
  • Daniel

Daniel Schmeichel · Married on 05/04/2019

Great from first email to wedding day

From my first email to Personal Touch to the day of my wedding, Personal Touch was attentive, professional, and prompt. I have been to numerous weddings where I was served rubbery chicken or tough steak. Personal Touch has completely changed my perception as to what wedding food could and should be. I cannot thank them enough for all of their hard work. They made my wedding day a memorable one.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Matt

Matt Hanson · Married on 12/23/2018

Great value; great to work with

Personal Touch Dining operates Mt Woodson Castle, Leo Carillo Ranch, and several other wedding venues near San Diego. My wife and I originally called them to inquire about Leo Carillo Ranch; the ranch was not available on our wedding date, but Mt Woodson Castle was and so we went to check it out. It took all of a few minutes for us to realize that it was the venue for us, and shortly thereafter we entered into business with Personal Touch Dining.

The package that Personal Touch Dining provided includes access to the venue, catering, and coordination (pre-wedding and day-of.)

Many of our guests described Mt Woodson Castle as "magical;" many of our guests told us that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding; my wife and I feel the same way. I'm not really sure what else needs to be said on these fronts.

We loved the inclusion of wedding coordination with our package. Iman was the coordinator who handled most of our pre-event planning. I loved her communication style: she laid out all of the decisions that we needed to make and talked us through everything that we had questions about. Iman actually left the company a week before our wedding, but she transitioned everything to her coworker Leah and our event went off without a hitch.

Our day-of coordinator, Rian, was a pleasure to work with. He helped put my wife and I at ease during the rehearsal by staying late with us and ironing out details. On the day of the wedding, he was in constant communication with our vendors and with us. Our pre-ceremony events and our speeches went longer than expected, but Rian kept us on track and made up time wherever he could. Out guests were very impressed with the flow and with the transitions.

The event staff did a fantastic job of setup, teardown, and serving our guests throughout the day. It was such a whirlwind that my wife and I barely noticed that the staff was there. But looking around, it was abundantly clear that they had been working hard and keeping the event running smoothly. We thank them profoundly.

Personal Touch Dining included pre-event and day-of coordination with their base wedding package. With this taken into account, their pricing was far lower than comparable venues. My wife and I found Personal Touch Dining / Mt Woodson Castle to be an excellent value, considering how expensive weddings can be.

We would both happily work with Personal Touch Dining in the future, but neither of us plans on getting married again so it would have to be in a different capacity.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Personal Touch Dining's reply:

Hi Matt! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We appreciate all of your kind words. - Lauren

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

We used Personal Touch Dining to cater our wedding at The Garty Pavilion. They were absolutely fabulous! From our first tasting all the way up to the final details, they were awesome to work with! Not only is the food BOMB.COM, but they know what they are doing when it comes to catering an event! You can feel at ease knowing they have things under control.

I had the pleasure of working mainly with Annalisa for the past year. I cannot say enough good things about her! She truly loves what she does and it shows. She was so helpful throughout the entire year and always responded quickly to my emails. She was very organized and I was shocked at our final meeting that she had been keeping track of every detail (decided or undecided) I had mentioned to her via email.

Day of the wedding, the entire staff looked and acted extremely professional. The buffet & bar all looked so well put together and everything ran smoothly. My husband and I especially appreciated the lead staff member (sorry I can't remember her name!) introducing herself to us and delivering appetizers and dinner to our table. The entire day was perfect!

THANK YOU PERSONAL TOUCH DINING!:)

Sent on 09/28/2018

Personal Touch Dining's reply:

Hi Sarah! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day! We had such an amazing time working with you! - Lauren

Ali · Married on 08/25/2018

Personal Touch Dining handled our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and we couldn't be happier. We got so many compliments on the food and we were so happy because everything ran so smoothly. The staff is very kind, professional, and helpful. So grateful to Personal Touch!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Savannah · Married on 03/24/2018

Personal touch did an incredible job at our march wedding. They were extremely helpful and got back to you quickly. They remembered all the little details such that we didn't have to. The food, service, and presentation were awesome. They were really flexible when I needed to make changes and were quick to answer questions. I initially liked them because they seemed to be more affordable than most in the area but soon realized they also had a more expansive menu and great service to top it off. My foodie family was really impressed with the food which is saying something. Weddings are really stressful to plan but Personal Touch made at least the catering truly easy to do. I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Megan · Married on 01/25/2018

Personal Touch Dining was amazing! They catered my wedding at Mt. Woodson Castle.
    The staff was friendly and Iman our coordinator was perfect. They offered a tasting menu to make final decisions and all of the the food was fantastic. At cocktail hour they passed 3 trays of different hor d vors that we chose and our guests were loving it. We love Mexican food and chose the Mexican buffet! The taco bar and enchilada bake was a hit and the 'moderate' open bar was the right variety of alcohol and it was perfect. It was a great night! Would definitely recommend Personal Touch dining for your catering needs :)

Sent on 02/04/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/17/2017

Lauren and Personal Touch Dining were amazing! They met our every request and need, and provided us with amazing food and wonderful service. Our guests raved about the food, and I was truly impressed by how accommodating the staff was. The attention to detail was really impressive, and nothing was overlooked. Thank you Lauren and Personal Touch!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

Personal Touch catered my wedding at the La Jolla Woman's club. Everything was amazing. There were a couple minor mishaps that Personal Touch quickly remedied in a very professional manner. The evening could not have been better! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/26/2017

Personal touch dinning did a great job catering our wedding. They even accommodated some of my vegan guests pretty easily. The food was great. Everyone seemed happy. Leah also did a fantastic job as the day of wedding coordinator. The whole wedding process went by without a hitch because of their hard work. Highly recommend their service.

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Personal Touch Dining 13
    Personal Touch Dining 14
    Personal Touch Dining 15
    Personal Touch Dining 16
    Personal Touch Dining 17

Emily · Married on 07/06/2017

They were excellent to work with. I have food allergies and they easily adjusted the menu to accommodate them. The food was hot, tasty and presented beautifully. You will certainly receive great value beyond the price tag.

Sent on 08/18/2009
  • F

Frederick · Married on 06/10/2017

PTD was amazing for our wedding. From the tasting, to the coordination (thank you Annalisa), to the big day itself; they were a breeze to work with and most importantly, the final product was superb! They accommodated our desires, guided our uncertainties, and even welcomed our unique cultural request -- lechon, lumpia, fried rice (cauliflower fried rice at that!). Of course, they nailed it! The little bit of leftovers that we had were handed to us after the party, and boy were they munched on, late night status. Bravo PTD...bravo!

Sent on 04/08/2018
    Personal Touch Dining 18

Chelsea · Married on 12/30/2016

I could not be more thrilled with Personal Touch's service for my December 30th, 2016 wedding! Personal Touch was extremely accommodating during the planning process- they squeezed my then-fiance and I in for a last minute tasting and worked with us to find a time that would work since work schedules and being from out of town made finding a time difficult. Annalisa and Lauren were both very prompt and helpful when it came to email responses and providing updated invoices. The entire process was extremely organized and very thorough!

We had some last minute planning changes due to rain and Personal Touch went above and beyond to ensure that everything looked gorgeous despite the changes. The wait staff was amazing! They were even offering me snacks as I passed by them before the ceremony :)

Most importantly, the food was AMAZING!! We did 5 hors d' Oeuvres (crab cakes, chicken and waffle bites, shrimp and andouille sausage skewers, mac and cheese bites, and mini sliders) which were all fabulous. The wait staff ensured that my husband and I had a full tray of hors d' Oeuvres at our sweetheart table and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. For dinner we opted for the chic buffet with the field greens salad, tri-tip carving station, monterey chicken, and whipped potatoes. Everyone was raving about the food!! As we were visiting tables we even had guests asking for the name of our caterer so that they could recommend to others in the area.

At the end of the night it was pouring rain but Personal Touch not only packed up the leftovers, but also helped pack up other items and loaded them all into my parents' car. We truly could not have been happier with our service and would highly recommend Personal Touch to anyone planning a wedding or event in the San Diego area!!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Tania · Married on 11/26/2016

Ivan and I got married on November 26, 2016. For our special day, we decided to hire personal touch dining. Needless to say, they were over the top! Prior to the wedding, there was great communication and help from both Analisa and Lauren. The day of the wedding the staff was great!. Usually, the food for weddings is not the best, however; our food was over the top. None of our guest complained of the food, instead, they complimented of how great it was! We recommend personal touch dining to anyone wanting to have great food and having a responsible team behind it!. Thank you personal touch dining for making our wedding great!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2016

Personal Touch catered our wedding at Mt Woodson Castle. Everything was delicious.

Appetizers we had:
    Tomato basil bisque shooters with grilled asiago cheese point
    Brie and fig jam crostinis
    Coconut shrimp with mango purée

Salad:
    Field greens

Main:
    Tri tip (the best)
    Chicken caprese

Sides:
    Trio of pastas (great option for vegetarians. they set out both marinara and cream sauce. my dad claims it's the best marinara sauce he's had in his entire life)
    Garlic and chive whipped Yukon gold potatoes

We opted for the buffet style. Everything was delicious, warm, and people loved going back for seconds. If there were any issues, I never knew about it because everything went smoothly. Strongly recommend them for your future event catering needs!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Marvin · Married on 10/15/2016

Personal Touch Dining was our caterer of choice at our wedding on 10/15/16 @ The New Children's Museum. Their service and food was incredible. We opted for 3 food stations: Short Ribs, Chicken and Waffles, and Shrimp & Grits & even got a sundae bar and our guests really enjoyed the food. We got tons of compliments throughout the night. They were also able to easily accommodate 2 vegetarians meals and 1 allergen-free meal without a hassle. PTD even made sure we had food at our sweetheart table and packed up the leftovers to take with us! I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Alisa · Married on 08/27/2016

We had such an amazing experience with Personal Touch Dining for our wedding on 8/27/16. We used them for our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and could not be happier. We worked with Leah and she was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Nikka was also there to coordinate day of and was amazing! The packages they offer are super affordable and such a great value, it takes so much of the wedding stress off by being able to have them cover rentals/catering/coordinating/decorating. The food is also SO good and we had guests raving about it (we did a Mexican buffet). The bar package is also a killer deal and the bartenders we had at our wedding were great. We are so happy that Personal Touch Dining manages Leo Carrillo ranch, and we are incredibly happy to have had them make our wedding so awesome!

Sent on 09/20/2016

James · Married on 08/06/2016

Personal Touch Dining was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club. They were very responsive from the beginning and continued to blow us away as time passed. They set up a wonderful tasting, which felt very much like a private dinner. They had a lot for us to choose from both for food options and rentals and they provided great insight. The food was incredible, both at the tasting and the wedding itself. We even went with the ice cream sundae bar which our guests loved! The staff at our wedding were outstanding, they were very welcoming and attentive to us and our guests all night long.

Personal Touch Dining was wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were very prompt in their responses and were very well organized. It was so nice to know that on our wedding day everything was taken care of and we had nothing to worry about.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Katy · Married on 07/16/2016

I knew the minute that I walked through the door of Personal Touch Dining by the warm welcome that I was going to like this company. The staff was very helpful and the food was great. It's also a one stop shop. Personal Touch dining can help with more that just catering. Always very helpful when answering email questions and phone calls. We had Personal Touch Dining for my son's wedding this summer (2016) They took care of everything. Very professional and efficient. I would highly recommend this company for any of your catering needs. I was very happy with everything about Personal Touch Dining.

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2016

Food was amazing!! Guests at our wedding were texting us the following day that the brisket was the best they had ever had.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Sara · Married on 03/25/2016

The food served at my wedding was amazing. Everyone raved about it. It was so good we had almost no leftovers packed up and sent home with us. We ordered the salmon and tri-tip as our entrees, strawberry salad as our salad, parmesan-roasted vegetables as our side dish, and mini fish tacos, black bean and quinoa sliders and baked brie as our hors d' oeuvres.

Our tasting was also amazing and conducted very professionally. We were offered wine and beverages of our choice, served large portions of everything, and even given chocolate chip cookies to take home.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Personal Touch did an amazing job catering our wedding! Lauren and Danai were extremely friendly and responsive to our emails and requests leading up to our wedding event. The guests loved the appetizers and the buffet-style dinner entrees. Some of my friends told me they had even gone up for seconds! The staff was also fantastic, nice, and accommodating.

We highly recommend Personal Touch Dining for affordable and delicious catering!

Sent on 09/09/2015