Personal Touch Dining Reviews

Personal Touch Dining 5
Personal Touch Dining 6
  • Matt

Matt Hanson · Married on 12/23/2018

Great value; great to work with

Personal Touch Dining operates Mt Woodson Castle, Leo Carillo Ranch, and several other wedding venues near San Diego. My wife and I originally called them to inquire about Leo Carillo Ranch; the ranch was not available on our wedding date, but Mt Woodson Castle was and so we went to check it out. It took all of a few minutes for us to realize that it was the venue for us, and shortly thereafter we entered into business with Personal Touch Dining.

The package that Personal Touch Dining provided includes access to the venue, catering, and coordination (pre-wedding and day-of.)

Many of our guests described Mt Woodson Castle as "magical;" many of our guests told us that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding; my wife and I feel the same way. I'm not really sure what else needs to be said on these fronts.

We loved the inclusion of wedding coordination with our package. Iman was the coordinator who handled most of our pre-event planning. I loved her communication style: she laid out all of the decisions that we needed to make and talked us through everything that we had questions about. Iman actually left the company a week before our wedding, but she transitioned everything to her coworker Leah and our event went off without a hitch.

Our day-of coordinator, Rian, was a pleasure to work with. He helped put my wife and I at ease during the rehearsal by staying late with us and ironing out details. On the day of the wedding, he was in constant communication with our vendors and with us. Our pre-ceremony events and our speeches went longer than expected, but Rian kept us on track and made up time wherever he could. Out guests were very impressed with the flow and with the transitions.

The event staff did a fantastic job of setup, teardown, and serving our guests throughout the day. It was such a whirlwind that my wife and I barely noticed that the staff was there. But looking around, it was abundantly clear that they had been working hard and keeping the event running smoothly. We thank them profoundly.

Personal Touch Dining included pre-event and day-of coordination with their base wedding package. With this taken into account, their pricing was far lower than comparable venues. My wife and I found Personal Touch Dining / Mt Woodson Castle to be an excellent value, considering how expensive weddings can be.

We would both happily work with Personal Touch Dining in the future, but neither of us plans on getting married again so it would have to be in a different capacity.

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

We used Personal Touch Dining to cater our wedding at The Garty Pavilion. They were absolutely fabulous! From our first tasting all the way up to the final details, they were awesome to work with! Not only is the food BOMB.COM, but they know what they are doing when it comes to catering an event! You can feel at ease knowing they have things under control.

I had the pleasure of working mainly with Annalisa for the past year. I cannot say enough good things about her! She truly loves what she does and it shows. She was so helpful throughout the entire year and always responded quickly to my emails. She was very organized and I was shocked at our final meeting that she had been keeping track of every detail (decided or undecided) I had mentioned to her via email.

Day of the wedding, the entire staff looked and acted extremely professional. The buffet & bar all looked so well put together and everything ran smoothly. My husband and I especially appreciated the lead staff member (sorry I can't remember her name!) introducing herself to us and delivering appetizers and dinner to our table. The entire day was perfect!

THANK YOU PERSONAL TOUCH DINING!:)

Ali · Married on 08/25/2018

Personal Touch Dining handled our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and we couldn't be happier. We got so many compliments on the food and we were so happy because everything ran so smoothly. The staff is very kind, professional, and helpful. So grateful to Personal Touch!

Savannah · Married on 03/24/2018

Personal touch did an incredible job at our march wedding. They were extremely helpful and got back to you quickly. They remembered all the little details such that we didn't have to. The food, service, and presentation were awesome. They were really flexible when I needed to make changes and were quick to answer questions. I initially liked them because they seemed to be more affordable than most in the area but soon realized they also had a more expansive menu and great service to top it off. My foodie family was really impressed with the food which is saying something. Weddings are really stressful to plan but Personal Touch made at least the catering truly easy to do. I HIGHLY recommend.

Megan · Married on 01/25/2018

Personal Touch Dining was amazing! They catered my wedding at Mt. Woodson Castle.
    The staff was friendly and Iman our coordinator was perfect. They offered a tasting menu to make final decisions and all of the the food was fantastic. At cocktail hour they passed 3 trays of different hor d vors that we chose and our guests were loving it. We love Mexican food and chose the Mexican buffet! The taco bar and enchilada bake was a hit and the 'moderate' open bar was the right variety of alcohol and it was perfect. It was a great night! Would definitely recommend Personal Touch dining for your catering needs :)

Jessica · Married on 12/17/2017

Lauren and Personal Touch Dining were amazing! They met our every request and need, and provided us with amazing food and wonderful service. Our guests raved about the food, and I was truly impressed by how accommodating the staff was. The attention to detail was really impressive, and nothing was overlooked. Thank you Lauren and Personal Touch!

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

Personal Touch catered my wedding at the La Jolla Woman's club. Everything was amazing. There were a couple minor mishaps that Personal Touch quickly remedied in a very professional manner. The evening could not have been better! Highly recommend!!

Kelly · Married on 08/26/2017

Personal touch dinning did a great job catering our wedding. They even accommodated some of my vegan guests pretty easily. The food was great. Everyone seemed happy. Leah also did a fantastic job as the day of wedding coordinator. The whole wedding process went by without a hitch because of their hard work. Highly recommend their service.

Personal Touch Dining 7
    Personal Touch Dining 8
    Personal Touch Dining 9
    Personal Touch Dining 10
    Personal Touch Dining 11

Emily · Married on 07/06/2017

They were excellent to work with. I have food allergies and they easily adjusted the menu to accommodate them. The food was hot, tasty and presented beautifully. You will certainly receive great value beyond the price tag.

• F

Frederick · Married on 06/10/2017

PTD was amazing for our wedding. From the tasting, to the coordination (thank you Annalisa), to the big day itself; they were a breeze to work with and most importantly, the final product was superb! They accommodated our desires, guided our uncertainties, and even welcomed our unique cultural request -- lechon, lumpia, fried rice (cauliflower fried rice at that!). Of course, they nailed it! The little bit of leftovers that we had were handed to us after the party, and boy were they munched on, late night status. Bravo PTD...bravo!

Personal Touch Dining 12

Chelsea · Married on 12/30/2016

I could not be more thrilled with Personal Touch's service for my December 30th, 2016 wedding! Personal Touch was extremely accommodating during the planning process- they squeezed my then-fiance and I in for a last minute tasting and worked with us to find a time that would work since work schedules and being from out of town made finding a time difficult. Annalisa and Lauren were both very prompt and helpful when it came to email responses and providing updated invoices. The entire process was extremely organized and very thorough!

We had some last minute planning changes due to rain and Personal Touch went above and beyond to ensure that everything looked gorgeous despite the changes. The wait staff was amazing! They were even offering me snacks as I passed by them before the ceremony :)

Most importantly, the food was AMAZING!! We did 5 hors d' Oeuvres (crab cakes, chicken and waffle bites, shrimp and andouille sausage skewers, mac and cheese bites, and mini sliders) which were all fabulous. The wait staff ensured that my husband and I had a full tray of hors d' Oeuvres at our sweetheart table and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. For dinner we opted for the chic buffet with the field greens salad, tri-tip carving station, monterey chicken, and whipped potatoes. Everyone was raving about the food!! As we were visiting tables we even had guests asking for the name of our caterer so that they could recommend to others in the area.

At the end of the night it was pouring rain but Personal Touch not only packed up the leftovers, but also helped pack up other items and loaded them all into my parents' car. We truly could not have been happier with our service and would highly recommend Personal Touch to anyone planning a wedding or event in the San Diego area!!

Tania · Married on 11/26/2016

Ivan and I got married on November 26, 2016. For our special day, we decided to hire personal touch dining. Needless to say, they were over the top! Prior to the wedding, there was great communication and help from both Analisa and Lauren. The day of the wedding the staff was great!. Usually, the food for weddings is not the best, however; our food was over the top. None of our guest complained of the food, instead, they complimented of how great it was! We recommend personal touch dining to anyone wanting to have great food and having a responsible team behind it!. Thank you personal touch dining for making our wedding great!

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2016

Personal Touch catered our wedding at Mt Woodson Castle. Everything was delicious.

Appetizers we had:
    Tomato basil bisque shooters with grilled asiago cheese point
    Brie and fig jam crostinis
    Coconut shrimp with mango purée

Salad:
    Field greens

Main:
    Tri tip (the best)
    Chicken caprese

Sides:
    Trio of pastas (great option for vegetarians. they set out both marinara and cream sauce. my dad claims it's the best marinara sauce he's had in his entire life)
    Garlic and chive whipped Yukon gold potatoes

We opted for the buffet style. Everything was delicious, warm, and people loved going back for seconds. If there were any issues, I never knew about it because everything went smoothly. Strongly recommend them for your future event catering needs!

Marvin · Married on 10/15/2016

Personal Touch Dining was our caterer of choice at our wedding on 10/15/16 @ The New Children's Museum. Their service and food was incredible. We opted for 3 food stations: Short Ribs, Chicken and Waffles, and Shrimp & Grits & even got a sundae bar and our guests really enjoyed the food. We got tons of compliments throughout the night. They were also able to easily accommodate 2 vegetarians meals and 1 allergen-free meal without a hassle. PTD even made sure we had food at our sweetheart table and packed up the leftovers to take with us! I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!

Alisa · Married on 08/27/2016

We had such an amazing experience with Personal Touch Dining for our wedding on 8/27/16. We used them for our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and could not be happier. We worked with Leah and she was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Nikka was also there to coordinate day of and was amazing! The packages they offer are super affordable and such a great value, it takes so much of the wedding stress off by being able to have them cover rentals/catering/coordinating/decorating. The food is also SO good and we had guests raving about it (we did a Mexican buffet). The bar package is also a killer deal and the bartenders we had at our wedding were great. We are so happy that Personal Touch Dining manages Leo Carrillo ranch, and we are incredibly happy to have had them make our wedding so awesome!

James · Married on 08/06/2016

Personal Touch Dining was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club. They were very responsive from the beginning and continued to blow us away as time passed. They set up a wonderful tasting, which felt very much like a private dinner. They had a lot for us to choose from both for food options and rentals and they provided great insight. The food was incredible, both at the tasting and the wedding itself. We even went with the ice cream sundae bar which our guests loved! The staff at our wedding were outstanding, they were very welcoming and attentive to us and our guests all night long.

Personal Touch Dining was wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were very prompt in their responses and were very well organized. It was so nice to know that on our wedding day everything was taken care of and we had nothing to worry about.

Katy · Married on 07/16/2016

I knew the minute that I walked through the door of Personal Touch Dining by the warm welcome that I was going to like this company. The staff was very helpful and the food was great. It's also a one stop shop. Personal Touch dining can help with more that just catering. Always very helpful when answering email questions and phone calls. We had Personal Touch Dining for my son's wedding this summer (2016) They took care of everything. Very professional and efficient. I would highly recommend this company for any of your catering needs. I was very happy with everything about Personal Touch Dining.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2016

Food was amazing!! Guests at our wedding were texting us the following day that the brisket was the best they had ever had.

Sara · Married on 03/25/2016

The food served at my wedding was amazing. Everyone raved about it. It was so good we had almost no leftovers packed up and sent home with us. We ordered the salmon and tri-tip as our entrees, strawberry salad as our salad, parmesan-roasted vegetables as our side dish, and mini fish tacos, black bean and quinoa sliders and baked brie as our hors d' oeuvres.

Our tasting was also amazing and conducted very professionally. We were offered wine and beverages of our choice, served large portions of everything, and even given chocolate chip cookies to take home.

Personal Touch did an amazing job catering our wedding! Lauren and Danai were extremely friendly and responsive to our emails and requests leading up to our wedding event. The guests loved the appetizers and the buffet-style dinner entrees. Some of my friends told me they had even gone up for seconds! The staff was also fantastic, nice, and accommodating.

We highly recommend Personal Touch Dining for affordable and delicious catering!

Cindy · Married on 05/30/2015

PTD is the best caterer we have ever dealt with. Lauren, the manager is sweet, engaging, warm and quick to respond to any questions, comments or concerns.
    When we went for our tasting and were thoroughly impressed with everything, from the selection of colors, to the china and glassware. It was beautiful, they set it up just as it would be for our day. And then came the food....Sheer amazement. The flavors, the seasoning the, tenderness of the meat, all of it was perfect! I can't wait to experience the food again on our wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2015

Personal Touch Dining went above and beyond our expectations. Definitely the most delightful food at a wedding we and many others had ever experienced. Bride and Groom were able to sample the meals prior to our big day, which was so fun and absolutely scrumptious. It was seriously some of the most delicious food we've had the pleasure of eating. Our guests ranted and raved about how tasteful the meals were and wished they could have experienced the skillful quality & flavor in their own day to day lives. The best part for bride & groom is that even though you may be caught up in the guests, no need to worry... left overs go to you before the honeymoon. Yummy yummy yummy! Thank you again to all the lovely staff and helping hands; you really are amazing at what you do :) Having PTD a part of your day is absolutely recommended and you won't be disappointed!!!

Joshua · Married on 04/25/2015

Lauren, Samantha, Iman & the rest of the staff at Personal Touch Dining were absolutely wonderful in catering our wedding at the Ultimate Skybox in April 2015!!

They had incredible attention to detail and were more than happy to make changes to our catering and rentals throughout the entire process. The food was beyond our wildest expectations and guests could not stop raving about it (even after the wedding had ended)! We even had a vegan guest and she was thrilled with the vegan creation.

The serving/bartending staff at the event were all professional and courteous. Most impressively, every single table had multiple check-backs (to ensure guests were satisfied and didn't need any modifications to their meals).

We had a wedding for 75 people and met their food/beverage & labor minimums with no problem.

While Personal Touch may not be the cheapest caterer in San Diego, their VALUE (excellent service, attention to detail, and delicious food) simply cannot be beat.

Nate · Married on 01/10/2015

PTD was extremely professional, courteous and organized for our wedding. They did a phenomenal job. Our food was beyond perfect and their flexibility to perform what was needed at our venue made for a great day. The price paid for what was performed was excellent! I would not hesitate to ever use them or recommend PTD to anyone. Bethany did an exceptional job as well, I would have responses to emails or updated pricing and quotes always before the end of the day. Super organized and helpful.