Perfectly Planned by Shari Reviews

74 | Pittsburgh, PA

74 Reviews for Perfectly Planned by Shari

Marion · Getting married on 04/10/2021

Best decision of the wedding planning

Shari was an amazing wedding planner. She has excellent ideas & suggestions. My daughter had a vision for her smaller COVID wedding & Shari & her team helped plan & execute it perfectly. As MOB, I had zero stress on the wedding day. What I really appreciated was the way Shari communicated with the vendors for us. That saved a lot of time and stress for the bride and me.

Shari is very personable and easy to get along with. On the wedding day, they got everything done but were invisible. They were everywhere getting all the details accomplished but you didn’t really notice them; they are that good. Best wishes to all future brides and grooms during this crazy time. My advice is to hire an excellent wedding planner like Shari Zatman to make your life easier and end up with a perfectly planned and executed gorgeous wedding & reception

Sent on 10/19/2020

Annie H. · Married on 10/16/2020

Shari made our COVID wedding a success!

Shari helped us first with our original 250+ person New Years bash plan, and then create an entirely new vision for a 30 person COVID wedding instead. She was flexible and understanding, pivoting to adapt to the last minute changes and requests that are inherent with a COVID wedding. I was so grateful to have her guidance and support through the worst time for a bride to plan a wedding.

Shari was organized and made sure all of the boxes were checked. She managed multiple inputs from different people in order to ensure the best outcome for the wedding, and for what the bride and groom wanted. I was the type of person that wanted to participate in and be in the loop on all activities and communications during the planning, and Shari completely accommodated that. But she also took over decision-making, ensuring everything went well the week of the wedding when I started feeling decision-making/wedding exhaustion! She is wonderful at accommodating the needs of the couple. I trusted her completely with it, and the day turned out beautifully. Personally, she was a pleasure to spend time with during the planning activities. Her teammates joined us for the wedding weekend and were wonderful to have with us as well.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Annie M. · Married on 08/08/2020

Simply the BEST!

My mom and I worked closely with Shari for two years planning a 150-person wedding at a country club, then decided 30 days before our date to move it to my parents’ home during the pandemic and have 40 people. This meant that Shari essentially planned two weddings for us and we benefited from her many, MANY skill sets.

One of the greatest parts about working with Shari is witnessing her ability to handle timing, scheduling, and logistics. Over the course of two years, she introduced us to vendors at the right time – when we were able to start making decisions and with enough time to book. She introduced us to some of the very best vendors, including Joey Kennedy and Studio E Band, both of which book out very far in advance. She handles most/all of the communication with all of the vendors, tells you when payments are due, and schedules calls with them to discuss details. As a bride, mother, etc., all you need to do is attend meetings to select items that you want for your wedding, communicate taste/style, and make the payments when reminded. You never have to follow up on a missed communication or confirm a vendor is available for a meeting or even the week of the wedding. Shari handles every last detail. She understands flow and timing so well, and this comes across when it is time to create the schedule for the wedding itself. Shari put together an excellent schedule and confirmed the timing and availability of every single vendor. Because the wedding ended up being at my parents’ home, there was a fair amount of set up with tents, lighting, and tables outdoors. Shari attended every meeting with the vendors at my parents’ home and oversaw the installation of each element. Her experience and expertise in setting up the outdoor components was immensely helpful – especially the tents. We felt at ease that Shari would take care of every detail and she did that and more. On the day of the wedding, everything was so seamless. I never even looked at a schedule – everything just worked like clockwork, and that was because Shari was working her magic behind the scenes – making sure the photographer kept family photos on track, communicating with the caterers, and staying on top of a million other details I am sure I never even knew about. The day was so perfectly run it didn’t even feel like we were on a schedule. It felt like everything happened naturally – and that is never the case when trying to manage 40 guests and many different vendors working together.

Shari is excellent at managing people. She is willing to have as many phone calls as you want to talk about anything. When we had trouble deciphering the tent proposal, she went through it line by line with us. We also changed our minds about stationery, flowers, and linens over the course of a few months. Then, we had to plan in 30 days for the wedding itself. Shari was never impatient and never even seemed annoyed about changes. She was understanding and empathetic. She attended every meeting and was only an email or quick phone call away.

Shari is extremely responsive and her attention to detail is unparalleled. Over the course of two years, she responded to every email within the day. She returned phone calls within a couple of hours. She follows up on every single detail that we mentioned, even in passing. A week before the wedding, we didn’t even know that Shari was on vacation because she still responded to every message and phone call. She never dropped the ball on communication or details once.

Finally, in addition to these qualities that make Shari extremely professional and easy to work with, Shari is a great person. She is kindhearted and wants the best for your event. She listens carefully and asks follow up questions. She’s genuinely interested in your life outside of event planning and we are fortunate to have her as a friend in our lives. Shari is someone you can depend on for anything.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Jamie M. · Married on 08/08/2020

Exceptional!

It is extremely impressive that Shari Zatman can make everything happen and happen on time on the wedding day! Our relationship with Shari developed over our daughter's long engagement and Shari ultimately orchestrated her wedding during the challenging times of Covid in 2020 on August 8th. Shari is a master of the organizational details. She helped us put on a spectacular event! She works really hard! We first heard of Shari from a happy mother of the bride. She said something like, "Shari did everything! We didn't have to worry about anything! We really were able to enjoy our wedding because of Shari!" This was said with the most compelling sense of calm, relief and happiness and we wanted that peace of mind!
    Shari is able to do all the big picture stuff and all the little details. She makes sure all the elements come together. She presents style options through in-person meetings, on-site meetings (floral shops, linen shop, stationary stores, bakery shop) and phone meetings over a period of time. She makes sure that nothing important has been overlooked. Shari recommends, hires, deals with and confirms vendors. She keeps track of deposit due dates and nudges you when it's time to pay up. She helps with getting the legal documents in order. She times the flow. Shari is instrumental in booking hotel rooms and arranging transportation and getting all the printed stationary done on time. Shari has built a relationship with vendors that is very impressive. She introduced us to our extremely talented photographer and our extremely talented band and our very talented church musicians. She also introduced us to the very capable makeup-hair stylist team and videographer and stationary company. A month before the wedding when a decision was made to move the reception from our country club to our home she just said, "Think about it over the weekend," and on that Monday when we told her that we had decided to host the wedding at our home she stayed in high gear and started over redesigning the reception with numbers of guests changing from 150 people to 40 people. It was then that all the planning over almost 1 1/2 years was condensed into a month and we yet again saw her orchestrate new talent with a very talented exterior lighting crew and tent crew. When our home became a venue she was able to assess and to anticipate conditions and situations and to think about how spaces were to be functioning. She made multiple visits to our home to meet with all of the new and prior vendors and to work out details of the club that was doing the food. She kept us informed about who was doing what and when they would be doing it. She worked well with this winning wedding team! She assisted with the church rehearsal. On the wedding day Shari arrived with a crew that brought the wedding day schedule to life. She brought years of experience to the wedding day that helped to make things run smoothly.
    We will never forget Shari Zatman. Shari Zatman is a gifted organizer, diplomat, time management expert and new friend. She planned a wonderful wedding weekend for us and we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Everything was thought out and executed to perfection. We couldn't be happier!!! We are still reveling in the enjoyment of our daughter's wonderful wedding weekend and as our daughter wrote, "Beyond special, quite possibly magical, and the most fun wedding day I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams!" Thank you Shari!!!

Sent on 08/20/2020

Pat S. · Married on 09/28/2019

From Wedding Planner to Part of our Family

Shari has been our wedding planner for my daughters wedding in 2017 and my sons wedding in September 2019 and I don’t know what we would have done without her. Her planning vision and attention to detail kept us all from losing our minds. Shari and her whole team are professional and take care of every detail for you so you can enjoy your wedding day.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2019

Well worth everything !

We loved Shari she made us feel like a guest at our own wedding and I can say my husband and I were able to enjoy each and every moment of our day without worrying about everything else! Shari is worth everything she won’t let you down ! She has vision and made my vision a reality !

Sent on 10/01/2019

Stephen · Married on 07/20/2019

Stephen A.

Amazing people and service!! Made our day special and worked with us to ensure our desires were met! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Ellie

Ellie · Married on 07/20/2019

Shari is absolutely amazing!

Shari did a phenomenal job helping me plan my wedding. I started off originally without a wedding planner and had gotten my vendors on my own, but became too overwhelmed with the little details needed and didn’t know how I really wanted the aesthetic/style of my wedding to look. Shari jumped right in, got all the information together and started being a tremendous help from the first meeting on. Shari helped me through every issue and always gave me great advice when I needed it. She was always on time and available whenever I needed her. My wedding turned out more amazing than I ever could have imagined. 100 percent would recommend Perfectly planned by Shari for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Amy P. · Married on 06/09/2019

Perfectly Planned by Shari

Shari and her team were unbelievable from the start to finish.
    Shari helped us plan our daughters perfect wedding. Her and her team were very helpful the day of so we able to just enjoy.
    The year of planning went smoothly with Shari's help.

Sent on 06/09/2019

John · Married on 06/01/2019

Patient and Detailed Focused

Shari and her team were fantastic and I am not just saying that. My wife and I had 4 wedding dates over 2.5 years of planning (Baby and COVID derailed our plans) and Shari was calm and focused the entire time. We didn't get to plan our original vision with Shari due to COVID, but as we had to make last minute venue and occupancy changes, Shari was there every step of the way. She always made herself available and was always thinking 2 steps ahead.

Additionally Shari only works with the best vendors in the business. The details of our wedding were top notch, from the flowers, to invitations, to desserts. All were done by true professionals in which Shari made the introductions. Looking back on it that made a huge difference in the overall experience.

In closing, I highly recommend Shari and her team to plan any wedding/event. We will certainly use her again in the future.

John Ward

Sent on 09/01/2020

Hannah · Married on 05/26/2019

Shari is fantastic!

Shari is an outstanding wedding planner and a very kind and enjoyable person! We absolutely could not have planned our wedding without her. She was with us from start to finish and the execution was perfection. She connected us with excellent vendors and we were so pleased with our wedding day team. The wedding day was exactly as we had envisioned and more. I highly recommend working with Shari and her team, our guests were raving about how organized and professional the event had been. There were so many details we never would have considered on our own and we were so happy to have Shari guide us through the process. She also communicated with all of our vendors and kept us organized throughout the process. Hiring Shari was the smartest thing we did!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Stephen · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing Resource and Wedding Guide!

Shari was extremely professional and a valuable resource throughout our wedding planning process. When we first started planning, we were living outside of Pittsburgh and Shari helped us navigate all of the vendor options to pick the right fits. Once we moved to Pittsburgh a few months out from the wedding, Shari expertly helped us refine our vision (we would have been clueless without her!) and create what ultimately ended up as a perfect ceremony and a stunning reception. And on the day of the wedding, Shari and her team executed perfectly and were always nearby if anything was needed. If there were any hiccups that night, we didn't see or know about them, which is exactly how it should be. Shari was one step ahead throughout the whole process and helped create a special night. Many of our family and friends were from out of town and were absolutely blown away by the evening - it was unforgettable!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2018

perfectly planned indeed!

Shari is a take charge person, wastes no time in execution, keeps you on schedule, offers guidance and direction, when appropriate, all while fulfilling your vision. Shari has great vendor connections that are as highly functioning as she is. This was my third wedding as mother of the bride and was the lowest stress of them all. The best compliment I could give is that I was able to enjoy the day carefree.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Samantha E. · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful experience!

Shari was attentive, professional and really listened to our input and preferences! We were an out of town couple so scheduling things was difficult for us, but Shari made every accommodation possible to work with our availability and meet when it was good for us. She made our wedding day so stress-free with her attention to detail and professionalism. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Mallory · Married on 07/28/2018

Linda was absolutely fabulous! My wedding day went very smoothly and everything was perfect. Not only was Linda extremely responsive to e-mails, she was also very good at managing my vendors and making sure everything was in order. I would highly recommend her to anyone! Also, Shari was so kind to attend one of my floral appointments and gave plentiful advice with regards to my venue. Overall, I could not be happier using Perfectly Planned for my wedding. Thank you Shari and Linda!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Cathy · Married on 07/28/2018

This was one of the best wedding decisions we made. First of all, even though we hired Linda, Shari offered to come to our floral consultation, which was very helpful and appreciated. Linda is very professional, calm, efficient, solutions oriented and a pleasure to be around. She did a wonderful job! I trusted her to do her job and she made my day, as the Mother of the Bride, so much more relaxed and enjoyable. I highly recommend Shari and LInda! Linda's intern was helpful also- we asked her to run some mundain errands, like getting a snack for the groom and forgotten items in the suites and she did so with a smile and quickly!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the absolute pleasure and honor working with Shari for our wedding this past weekend. Shari is not an ordinary wedding planner, she is exceptional. She made our dream wedding become a reality, and even better than we could have ever imagined. From our first conversation, I knew her professionalism and attention to detail was exactly what we needed to handle planning a wedding from a different city. She was always available and responsive anytime we needed her, and plans every detail of the wedding with you. She has an incredible team that supports her in the planning process and the weekend of your wedding to coordinate every detail. Going into our wedding weekend, I was confident every part of our planning was perfectly executed and was able to just arrive and enjoy every minute of the wedding with my friends and family. Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and it was only made possible by Shari and her excellent quality of work. I recommend working with her and her team if you want a full scale planned and exceptionally stunning wedding that stands above the rest. Thank you Shari! Our wedding day was flawless because of you!!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/23/2018

As the groom of the wedding I really valued Shari’s organization, professionalism, experience and ability to relieve the stresses that can come in planning a wedding. Shari was constantly involved in our wedding planning from day one making sure everything would be in line and ready for a truly unforgettable wedding weekend. After listening and understanding our visions for the event, she offered insights and suggestions based on her experiences. We trusted in her suggestions through the planning process and to say the least she made our vision turn in to reality. She was invaluable through the planning process but most importantly her and her staff made the day of the wedding so easy and go without a hitch. My wife and I are extremely happy and thankful to Shari, and her staff, for everything they did for us.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Teddi · Married on 05/27/2018

Perfectly Planned was professional from the beginning. It was a pleasure working with the owner, Shari, as well as our assigned coordinator, Linda. Linda was on top of every detail and managed to navigate the many cooks that were in the kitchen beautifully. I recommend them highly and would never do another wedding without them.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Patty · Married on 04/07/2018

Shari was the wedding planner for my daughter. She was there every step of the way and very detailed oriented. Wonderful to work with. Shari allowed my daughter to express her vision and then worked her magic! She came up with ideas that we wouldn't have thought of. I would strongly suggest Shari as an event planner..........just a gem!!

Sent on 04/11/2018

David · Married on 04/07/2018

Shari was professional from beginning to end. More importantly however, she was caring and considerate of our needs and also our worries and concerns. We left many small decisions to her and she delivered wonderfully. It was a huge relief to have her with us on our wedding journey and we could not have reached the level of beauty and organization that we showed to our family and friends at the ceremony and reception. The compliments from wedding guests keep coming in even two weeks after. Thanks Shari.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Natalie · Married on 04/07/2018

Shari Zatman is the ultimate wedding planner. She is detail oriented, keeps you on track and on budget, and never steers you wrong. She planned my intimate celebration to perfection. I wasn't a typical bride, and she made me feel completely confident in my out-of-the-box choices, all while elevating my taste level and bringing glamour and elegance to the event. Every details was carefully thought out and planned, and when the big day arrived, all I had to do was be the bride and let Shari do her thing. It was masterful and because of her, my friends and family had the time of their lives and I had the wedding of my dreams. Thank you, Shari, you are truly one of a kind and a wonderful planner!

Sent on 04/29/2018
  • Z

Zahra · Married on 03/31/2018

Shari was wonderful. We met with two other wedding planners prior to Shari, but upon meeting her we just clicked. We also considered not having a wedding planner, but 100% could not have had the perfect day we had without her. We are actually sad the wedding is over because we won't get to see her! Her work speaks for itself, and with her design background she is extremely helpful when it comes to branding and themes and ensuring all elements look and go well together. It was not a necessarily easy wedding to plan as she was bringing two different families/cultures together, but Shari helped make sure that everyone was not only satisfied but happy. She considered our priorities and budget when recommending vendors, and all of the vendors she recommended (whether we went with them or not) were outstanding. She had worked with all of vendors before (whether she had or had not recommended them) and all had great things to say about working with her. It really does put you at ease knowing that she has everything covered! The last 2 weeks of the wedding, with all of the small remaining details - she not only anticipated these details but handled them without us mentioning anything. She was there the entirety of the pre-planning, planning and actual event and simply put was a joy to work with. She is also a lovely person which is a great bonus! If you're looking for a comprehensive planner with great taste who will alleviate any wedding day concerns/stressors, Shari is perfection.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Lubna · Married on 03/31/2018

Our best decision in this wedding was selecting Shari Zatman as our wedding planner. She took care of all the details and we were able to enjoy the wedding of our daughter. Best part of her is that she is very organized. We found her very understanding and responsive to any questions that we had within minutes. Thanks Shari for being a part of this wedding and making it beautiful and memorable. We will miss you!!

Sent on 04/10/2018