Pelican Grand Beach Resort Reviews

Pelican Grand Beach Resort 4
Pelican Grand Beach Resort 5

Janelle · Married on 05/19/2019

Exactly Right !!

Amazing place for my best day !!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • 2 Nights

2 Nights · Married on 04/06/2019

destination wedding

fabulous from beginning to end. Victor is the best and made me feel like our wedding was his only priority for that day. I would follow Victor wherever he goes!!! The pelican was gorgeous

Sent on 04/10/2019

Katy Anderson · Married on 02/22/2019

Great experience

The Pelican was very accommodating to our small group. Provided chairs and did the set up for us and had a back up space in case it rained.

Pelican Grand Beach Resort 6
    Sent on 03/12/2019

Louann · Married on 10/20/2018

Our Daughter's Wedding

Beautiful venue. Our out of town guests stayed at the hotel for the weekend and raved about how nice the hotel is. Excellent service. Melanie is an upmost professional who made us feel like royalty during our event. They were very flexible in creating the perfect menu. Many of our guests commented on the quality of the food. Compliments to the chef. The service was excellent and friendly in the restaurant and bar as well.

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

Like any wedding there's stress and chaos, but never in my life did I think I would have to change my wedding venue within 5 days of the big day! I truly wish I found this place wayyy before I put deposits down on our original venue. Melanie is a dream! She took us in and gave us such a beautiful wedding. Way more visually spectacular than the other venue. Melanie was so accommodating and really went above and beyond to make sure that my husband to be, myself, and our guests were completely satisfied! I highly recommend this venue to everyone! The location is gorgeous, they have so many spots to choose from all with stunning views! The food was fantastic & the drinks kept coming! I wish I could do it all over again! Thank you so much!!!

Pelican Grand Beach Resort 7
    Pelican Grand Beach Resort 8
    Pelican Grand Beach Resort 9
    Pelican Grand Beach Resort 10
    Pelican Grand Beach Resort 11
    Sent on 09/27/2018

Arlett · Married on 12/22/2016

I would advice you to visit Pelican Grand to see why it's on the top list of Vendors in Ft. Lauderdale. When I first walked into the doors at the Pelican Grand, I knew this was the place for us to renew our vows. After contacting Janet and discussing with her our visions it was confirmed that we will be using the Pelican Grand. We stayed at the Pelican Grand a day before our event and after and we didn't want to go home. Each morning was amazing as we awoke to the rising of the sun as the rays beamed into our room off the balcony. The day of our event was spectacular. Our guest was speechless and continued to inquire about visiting the Pelican Grand. Our dinning in the Ocean 2000 restaurant was out of this world. The food was excellent from the appetizer to the desert. The staff treated us as we were king and queens and reassured us they had everything covered. Everything was just as we wanted it to be. This is a resort you will return to for many other celebrations. Thank you Janet, Derek, and all your staffs!

Sent on 02/09/2017
  • MrsAO

Arielle · Married on 11/05/2016

The top two things we were looking for in a venue when we started planning were bar and food. Well, the Pelican Grand delivered all of that and MUCH more. First, the hotel and rooms are BEAUTIFUL. When I went for the venue tour I almost cried it was so gorgeous. Second, you don't need a planner at all. The staff there made sure every moment was PERFECT. Third, our guests LOVED the food so much! We are complete foodies and every course was phenomenal! Cooked and seasoned perfectly. I wish we could relive the day over and over again, it was so amazing. Thank you so much Janeth and Chaz, we loved every second!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Pelican Grand Beach Resort's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! It was our pleasure to make this an amazing day for you and your family!
    Janeth Alvarez

chris · Married on 08/06/2016

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to the team at the Pelican Grand. First off, the setting is unbeatable. The oceanview ballroom on the 11th floor has the most spectacular views of the ocean probably in all of Fort Lauderdale beach. Floor to ceiling ocean view! The staff couldn't be nicer, more flexible and more professional -- and it was like that from the first communication months before the wedding and all throughout the wedding day. For every little minor detail the answer was "no problem!" with a smile and they took care of it. We couldn't have been happier with the venue, and our guests felt the same way.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kat · Married on 12/26/2015

Janeth & Chaz are great!! Our wedding was beautiful & elegant. Our guests can't stop talking about it. The pelican is a gorgeous resort, awesome place for pictures & peace. Thank you so much for an awesome day & thank you for our beautiful gifts!! Will definitely recommend. Love them.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Holly · Married on 10/24/2015

the Pelican Grand is a gorgeous place for a wedding! They have many different venues you can choose from at their location. The place is very well maintained and their staff knows what they are doing. It is one of the few hotels in Fort Lauderdale that is actually on the water and not across the street which is nice. The food was delicious. Janeth was our contact at the Pelican and she was GREAT. Always on top of things, very responsive, and catered to all our unusual needs.

Sent on 11/02/2015

We had the very best wedding day at the Pelican Grand! Janeth was so great to work with throughout the whole process, very responsive and helpful from the first time we looked at the venue up until our actual wedding. The venue and views of the ocean are absolutely beautiful and the food and service can't be beat! There is not one thing I would change about the experience and highly recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the Ft. Lauderdale area!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/03/2014

This venue is hands down the most beautiful venue in Fort Lauderdale. It's no wonder why they do numerous weddings per year. The staff is exceptional, professional, and easy to work with. and I would recommend this venue to all.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Kristi · Married on 03/15/2014

Janeth is an all star! She made our planning very easy. She's very responsive and easy to work with. We couldn't have pictured our wedding any better and would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an intimate beach wedding. Excellent food, service and vibe that we couldn't find anywhere else. Chris & Kristi

Sent on 04/30/2014

Abbe · Married on 03/01/2014

Amazing venue! On ft. lauderdale beach there are not any hotels that compare with the Pelican for those that want a beautiful and intimate wedding along the beach of ft. lauderdale. We did our wedding on the South Rooftop and had our cocktail hour on the Verandah and Reception in the Atlantic Pavilion. The pictures from our wedding are BEAUTIFUL - views from the rooftop cannot be beat. Our guests loved the hotel because it feels like a secluded resort but is still close to downtown and beach place if your guests want to go into town. Janeth was an awesome wedding coordinator and the entire wedding staff was very helpful and on-point. Janeth was great with communicating and getting back to me throughout the entire wedding planning process - she was also very honest about recommendations on local vendors which was hugely helpful and saved my wedding day! thank you!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/25/2013

The Pelican is a true slice of heaven in every way. I am from Pittsburgh, PA and never stepped foot at the Pelican until the week of my wedding. After researching many venues, i came across the Pelican then spoke with Janeth. Besides the beauty of the resort, Janeth pretty much sold me. She is THE BEST coordinator a bride could ever want or ask for. She is so helpful, and quick to respond to the questions i had prior to the wedding.

The Pelican itself is magical. Words cannot describe the beauty of it, and staff became our friends. They were all so friendly and just awesome. Our whole group of 30 had such a wonderful time. We will be back over and over again. It is Perfect in every single way possible.

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • ilana

ilana · Married on 04/22/2012

I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue. Janeth, the coordinator, was ABSOLUTELY fantastic and made sure that the entire day was a total breeze. We met with Janeth many times prior to our wedding, as well as emailed a gazillion times, with a side of numerous phone calls. She was extremely pleasant every single time. She also helped with tips and ideas for some things we had no idea on. My mother and I didn’t hire a wedding coordinator and we did it all ourselves, and Janeth actually thought we were the planners at first! Janeth was there on the Sunday of the wedding, all the way until Chaz took over at the reception. Chaz was outstanding and made sure everything was smooth and perfect for the reception. He even forced me and my husband to eat! Which is a very good thing bc brides and grooms never wind up eating and oh boy were we starving! Not a single thing went wrong during the entire day at the Pelican Grand, well actually, the ENTIRE weekend was perfect! We had a total of 35 rooms at the hotel, and not one guest had an issue. The entire hotel staff was so friendly and pleasant.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Laura · Married on 10/24/2009

Beautiful venue for my intimate wedding with a guest list of under 20 people! We had the wedding and the reception in the same cozy A-frame house that overlooked the beach. The best selling point: the feeling of being at the beach, but with the luxury of air conditioning!

Sent on 11/13/2009

KATHLEEN · Married on 07/10/2009

First, Christy who is in charge is 100% the most nicest person to work with. She helped me from start to end that people are still talking about the food, resort, everything. I was even told that people who attending my wedding will plan on having there children go there. I loved EVERYTHING!!!! Would do it all again!!!! Great person to work with. Love ya Christy!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2009

Audra · Married on 05/09/2009

First of all, this place is GORGEOUS! I got so many compliments about how picturesque everything was. My friends called it a "Corona Commercial" because of how stunning the views, ocean, and hotel itself was. I can't imagine how this place could have been better. As a true testament to how perfect of a venue this was for a destination wedding, our guests didn't leave the hotel ALL weekend. There was that much to do. Ah, it was perfect!

Our coordinator, Christy, was 100% with me every step of the way. She was so great about working with me all the way form Ohio. I kept changing my mind about things I wanted or didn't want, and she was always so patient with me. We customized many aspects of our wedding and reception, and they assisted with every single step. Christy kept me calm and even sent us a heartfelt congratulations letter that she left in our honeymoon suite.

The food was fantastic! I ate a little of everything but not too much of anything because I was too excited! The serving staff went above and beyond to make sure my guests were happy. Honestly, I’ve never heard so many compliments about a location before. Everything went perfect. I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue for anyone with a wedding of less than 75 people. One word to sum it up: PERFECT.

Sent on 06/11/2009

solenia · Married on 11/09/2008

Beautiful venue. Is small but beautiful. Perfect for 40 ppl but you can accomodate more if you need to. All my pics have the sky or the ocean as a background. Is a gorgeous venue.

They give you the venue from 8am to midnight.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Sheri · Married on 02/01/2008

My husband and I have been married for a year and half now and we are still complimented on our wedding. It was a night of little girls' dreams come true...a perfect wedding. From the food, to the decor, to the ambiance, to the service, and the scenery, everything was magical. Simple elegance and unparallel quality describes our experience with the Pelican. And the person who made all of this happen is Christy, the event coordinator. She helped bring everything to life with ease, joy, and a sense of calming reassurance. I will forever be grateful to Christy and the entire Pelican crew for making our wedding night the greatest night of our lives.

Sent on 06/29/2009

Lisa · Married on 07/15/2006

This place was Great in every way!!

Sent on 12/04/2009

Diane · Married on 12/08/2008

Incredible venue, the setting was just beautiful. I felt like a queen getting married atop her castle! Jessica coordinated the entire event from start to finish and was there on the wedding day to personally coordinate everything. Such a pleasant person to deal with on every aspect, prompt phone calls and emails. Everything was just perfect!

Sent on 01/09/2009

Gina · Married on 03/01/2013

Janeth was wonderful to work with. Since this was a destination wedding, and we were not able to visit the venue prior to the wedding, we had a lot of questions. Janeth always got back to us quickly and was very helpful. On the days leading up to the wedding she really brought everything together and was flexible with some last minute changes.

The entire staff at The Pelican was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We especially loved our bartender!

The only disappointment was the quality of the rooms. For the price, we were expecting the rooms to be nicer. They are a little outdated. However, our view was amazing!

Sent on 03/30/2013

Marianne · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I are so happy that we chose the Pelican Grand Beach Resort for our wedding by the beach!! We decided to have both, our ceremony and reception, at the hotel and we were not disappointed. The view from the patio, where our ceremony and cocktail hour took place, was breathtaking. We had the perfect view of the ocean without having to walk through the sand. The Atlantic ballroom on the bottom floor had a row of windows, giving us the perfect view of the ocean all afternoon. The food was absolutely amazing! Our guests are still raving about how tasty the food had been. The rooms we rented the night before our wedding were gorgeous and so clean. It gave us the opportunity to get dressed the morning of our wedding and to prepare for the big day. Thank you so much to everyone at the Pelican Grand for making our wedding so special!! -Marianne and Mike

Sent on 04/21/2018