PEJ Events Reviews

PEJ Events 4
PEJ Events 5
PEJ Events 6

Judy Kostura · Getting married on 06/04/2020

Great food; service exceeded expectations

Pok-E-Jo's Events exceeded our expectations in every way. The brisket and pork were delicious, the sides were far better than the typical pre-fab potato salad and drenched in mayo slaw from other BBQ places, and vegetarian options were provided. Guests loved the food. But my gratitude springs from their outstanding service. On time, reliable, courteous... I expect those things. But they went over and above with extra touches. We had tasked relatives with cutting the wedding cakes, but PEJ whisked the cakes away and returned with trays laden with plates, enabling family to enjoy themselves and not get covered with frosting. PEJ brought extra supplies, even for items they were not responsible for (cake and appetizers) just in case we ran out. They handled the bar professionally and responsibly. PEJ made life easier for the clean up crew (um, mom and dad and the church custodian) by packing the table centerpieces, consolidating the flowers, and boxing up the wine and beer in addition to the clean-up tasks on their contract. PEJ allowed us to simply concentrate on family, friends, the ceremony, the reception... and for that, I am grateful.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Rachel Forsyth · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Very accommodating and flexible

Working with PEJ was great! All staff were very polite and professional from the beginning. The tasting was easily scheduled and delicious, and my (many) requests to make changes to the contract were promptly addressed even up to 5 days before the wedding when we decided at the last minutes to add bar service. Staff also were very gracious to lend us extra plates for the cake even though it was not provided by them, and they even boxed it up for us afterwards! Lovely working with them all, especially coordinator Lori Simon.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith Theriot Gaskins · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Flawless Night!

Our dinner and cocktail hour with PEJ was flawless. They answered my countless questions leading up to our event, and created the perfect menu for our event. I didn't want BBQ for my wedding, and they had multiple options for a delicious menu within my husband and I's budget. We received so many compliments on the food, and ate our bride and groom plates right when we got home.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Nettie

Nettie · Getting married on 07/05/2019

So easy to work with!

PEJ is so flexible and working with Jason has been a breeze! The tasting was so easy to schedule and everything we tasted was amazing. Their flexibility with linens, glasses and dishes is great too!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Sara Griffith Dawson · Married on 04/13/2019

This BBQ is insanely good!

The food at PEJ Events (Pok-e-Jos) was SO GOOD. I had friends texting me weeks after telling me how much they loved the food (and wanted more ribs and corn casserole!). The servers were so friendly and made us and our guests feel immensely taken care of. I highly recommend using them for your wedding!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Allison

Allison Scott · Married on 03/30/2019

So easy to work with, such good food!

PEJ Events did such a fantastic job catering our wedding! So many of our guests complimented the food, and the presentation and attentiveness of the staff was so impressive.

We loved working with PEJ- they made it so easy for us and our guests to enjoy our big day!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Ann Hering · Married on 03/02/2019

Mother-of-the-bride

PEJ out did itself! 😁

Delicious fajitas and fixings and drinks and fabulous service!

Thank you so much for all that you and PEJ did for us to make our daughters wedding fabulous!

We will be recommending your fantastic catering to everybody!

Thanks again for a superb job done! 😋

Ann and Edward Hering

P.S. Lots of people bragged to us about the awesome fajitas! Well done, PEJ!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 02/17/2019

Fantastic Food and Communication

PEJ Events catered our wedding a few weeks ago and everything was perfect. We went with a simple BBQ buffet for 150 guests and EVERYONE commented on how amazing it was. They even prepared a to go box for the two of us which we realized was life saving by the time we made it back to our hotel at the end of the night.

They were flexible with an option for vegetarians and these folks got to select their meal ahead of time. The staff was professional and very flexible with our requests specifically Lori who helped us through a number of last minute issues.

You can even rent your linens through them as well which were priced well and completely hassle free.

Would absolutely 100% recommend and would use again!!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • Brandon

Brandon Shabazz · Married on 12/16/2018

Best catering team in town

As a wedding DJ I have an opportunity to eat and interact with some of the areas best caterers. The best experience I have in terms of quality of food, speed of service and professionalism is hands down PEJ.

This is an unsolicited review and I rarely write reviews for other vendors. My role as the DJ during dinner is to faciliate dinner service with the catering team. Last night I did a wedding at Ivory Oak with 200 plus guests and I was blown away by how quickly they facilitated dinner for that amount of people.

We were a little behind on the timeline and I fully expected dinner to further put us behind. PEJ's prompt service actually put us ahead of schedule.

I can't tell you how many times I've eaten their food and seen them in action. They consistently provide a fantastic experience for all wedding guests. No need to read or contemplate anymore. Book PEJ now!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Laura · Married on 12/02/2018

So happy with our choice!

We love BBQ and loved having PEJ Events cater our wedding! Our guests raved about how delicious the food was - we loved the appetizers, and most of our guests went back through the dinner buffet for seconds and thirds! The catering staff was very friendly and came up to my husband and me several times throughout the night to make sure we didn't need anything. They also cut and served our wedding cake. It was so nice being able to trust them to take care of all of those details. I am so glad we chose PEJ Events for our wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 11/16/2018

Not Just Super Budget Friendly But Delicious AND Elegant

I was really adverse to having BBQ be served at my wedding since I grew up in the hill country and BBQ is a regular dining option here. However after trying out a few other caterers no one could top how delicious and so inexpensive PEJ's was. What's more their presentation of the plates and buffet don't look one bit like a cheap bbq service. The food presentation really did look very elegant! We worked with Lori and she was by far the kindest caterer of all those we had communicated with.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Nguyen Bui · Married on 10/25/2018

Wedding caterer look no more!! Pokejoes is the one!

Pokejoes was truly a diamond in the rough among wedding caterers. Not only was the food delicious, but the catering staff provided excellent service. Their buffet style service went smoothly and the staff even helped clean up during the event. Overall we would have them cater every event if our only diet was bbq! Thank you for everything pokejoes!! Sincerely Nguyen and Mackenzie.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Unbeatable food & service!

We had PEJ Events cater and bartend our wedding this past weekend and we are so happy we did!! The fajita buffet was amazing, literally everyone was raving about how delicious it was, throughout the night and days after! All the way from start of contract to finish was top notch and totally professional, and we recommend them to anyone in the Austin area looking for a full service catering company to work their event! (: Thanks again for the awesome service!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Danielle Moccia · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!

Cannot recommend Mona and PEJ Events enough. Mona was a delight to work with and always quick to respond to our many questions and do little extra things to make our experience/wedding day that much more memorable. She gets shit done and will take good care of you at the same time. Our guests raved about the food and we were super pleased with the presentation, service and the cost! If you're looking for a quality catering company without paying the cost of a down payment on a house, I seriously recommend PEJ.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Shelby · Married on 09/22/2018

Best decision!

PEJ Events was a dream to work with! Even from the initial contact we knew we had a winner. They were straightforward and transparent with their pricing and inclusions- not very common with wedding caterers as I learned. Their food was delicious, and they were flexible in letting us choose which menu items to serve. My main point of contact was Alexis and she was extremely responsive to my emails and questions. She kept us in the loop with everything from rentals to timeline, which made our planning process so much easier. Any time I needed to contact PEJ, someone was ready to help. Our other vendors were thrilled to know Pok-E-Jo’s (PEJ) was our caterer. That should speak to how good they are and the reputation they have earned in this business. They had everything handled during our wedding day. The staff was so kind to my husband and I making sure we had everything we needed. The food was fantastic! Our guests still mention how good the food was at our wedding. Their staff was quick to clean up and help clear everything at the end of the night. They even boxed up some food for my husband and I to enjoy after the night was over. We were so pleased with our experience with PEJ Events. They are professional, delicious, affordable, and trustworthy. Hands down one of the best vendors we worked with!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    PEJ Events 7
    PEJ Events 8

Angela · Married on 09/14/2018

We used Pok-E-Joes catering for my son's rehearsal dinner. I was really surprised by the extensive catering menu. The food was delicious, the portions were ample and the cost was competitive. We will definitely use them again for any catering needs.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Cherie · Married on 09/08/2018

Mona and her team were the best!

Sent on 09/28/2018
    PEJ Events 9
    PEJ Events 10

nana · Married on 09/07/2018

From day one Lori and her team were so helpful - making suggestions, accurately describing the foods & even flavors (yes descriptions were spot on). Guests complimented, raved about how delicious & fresh the food tasted. The wedding rehearsal lake party was a huge hit. Hands down one can not go wrong with Pok-e-Jo's!! Thank you all very much so making the party a success:)

Sent on 09/13/2018

Emily · Married on 08/25/2018

We had a pretty horrible experience finding a caterer UNTIL we found PEJ. They were an absolute dream to work with. Mona, our contact, was extremely professional, well-informed, and quickly responsive to our inquiries. On our wedding day, the PEJ team got to work quickly and professionally, they served food very efficiently, packed up leftovers for the couple... plus we got GREAT feedback from our guests. Everyone loved the food! PEJ was worth every single penny for their customer service, the quality of food, and the peace of mind we had about having them as our caterer. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Madison · Married on 08/18/2018

Mona with PEJ was the epitome of what a great vendor is. She was so kind, giving, patient, wonderful, and all things great! Our cocktail hour and reception were fantastic, SO many people came up to me and our parents and were raving about the food and how tasty it was. We did stations (elote/corn, street tacos, quesadillas, and tapas) and I am so glad we did. We had great food but in a relaxed environment. Mona made sure we were well fed and taken care of, including a big bag of goodies waiting for us in our getaway car!

Sent on 09/10/2018

PEJ Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind note, Madison! I'm so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed everything and it was truly a pleasure to work with and get to know you throughout the planning process. Best wishes on your journey together!

Carly · Married on 08/11/2018

Mona and the PEJ team were so great! We had endless compliments regarding the food, service, and presentation. We did stations at our reception, and were so impressed by the smooth flow and little back up in lines. From the passed apps and Texas Tapas bar, to the macaroni and cheese bar, to the finale cobbler station - everything was delicious. PEJ catering is such a great choice!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Amy · Married on 06/10/2018

Pok-e-Jo's was an amazing caterer. We actually did a brunch wedding with them and it was amazing food. They make everything from scratch, even jams and spreads and are really receptive to issues with allergies and also just listening to what you want. We had biscuits, jams, meats, quiches, salad, an amazing whipped cream and fruit selection and they also did the bar service. They provided had many different kinds of mimosas with fruit garnishes as well as other alcohol and non-alcoholic lemonades, teas and coffees. The team were absolute professionals and we couldn't be happier with their service overall. I would absolutely use their services again given the opportunity.

Sent on 06/29/2018
    PEJ Events 11
    PEJ Events 12

PEJ Events's reply:

Thanks for the review Amy! We had a lot of fun helping create your vision for the brunch themed menu, including a mimosa bar. I'm so happy to hear that our professionalism & overall service stood out :). Congratulations on your marriage & best wishes to you and Kevin! - Alexis & PEJ Events Team

Mary · Married on 06/02/2018

Lori at PEJ was super helpful and answered every question we had very quickly. Our guests loved the food, and the staff was great. Our day couldn't have gone more smoothly. If you want a caterer that you know will have great food and service, then go with PEJ.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Jerad · Married on 05/12/2018

We loved working with Mona from start to finish. She was thorough and quick to respond to all correspondance. The night of our wedding the staff from PEJ Events were attentive and professional and the food/service was top notch! I'd recommend PEJ Events to anyone looking for a catering company for any event they've got planned.

Sent on 05/31/2018