PEJ Events Reviews

PEJ Events 5
PEJ Events 6
PEJ Events 7

Judy Kostura · Getting married on 06/04/2020

Great food; service exceeded expectations

Pok-E-Jo's Events exceeded our expectations in every way. The brisket and pork were delicious, the sides were far better than the typical pre-fab potato salad and drenched in mayo slaw from other BBQ places, and vegetarian options were provided. Guests loved the food. But my gratitude springs from their outstanding service. On time, reliable, courteous... I expect those things. But they went over and above with extra touches. We had tasked relatives with cutting the wedding cakes, but PEJ whisked the cakes away and returned with trays laden with plates, enabling family to enjoy themselves and not get covered with frosting. PEJ brought extra supplies, even for items they were not responsible for (cake and appetizers) just in case we ran out. They handled the bar professionally and responsibly. PEJ made life easier for the clean up crew (um, mom and dad and the church custodian) by packing the table centerpieces, consolidating the flowers, and boxing up the wine and beer in addition to the clean-up tasks on their contract. PEJ allowed us to simply concentrate on family, friends, the ceremony, the reception... and for that, I am grateful.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith Theriot Gaskins · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Flawless Night!

Our dinner and cocktail hour with PEJ was flawless. They answered my countless questions leading up to our event, and created the perfect menu for our event. I didn't want BBQ for my wedding, and they had multiple options for a delicious menu within my husband and I's budget. We received so many compliments on the food, and ate our bride and groom plates right when we got home.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Una

Una Gilbert · Married on 08/24/2019

Great service and food

We chose PeJ as our caterer and bartenders. We were scheduled promptly for a tasting and everything was delicious. The jalapeno cornbread casserole is must! Lori was professional and able to answer our questions quickly. They were able to add a couple of last minute meals the week of the wedding. We highly recommend!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Nicki

nicki Williams · Married on 08/24/2019

PEJ Events: Wedding Catering Experts

What can I possibly say but WOW! PEJ Events catered our wedding and it was spectacular! Lori Simon was absolutely essential to all communication, tastings, questions, and answers. Her patience with brides, weddings, and all the craziness in between should be acknowledged as Sainthood. She truly is a gift to PEJ! From day #1 of the planning process, Lori was helpful, kind, and understanding. She took time to get to know ME as a person and not just a bride. Her investment in helping allow PEJ Events to cater your wedding is in YOU first. She is happy to help with suggestions, linen needs, staffing numbers, and all things in between. Lori and her team brought my wedding to the next level! The on-site staff team was top-notch, helpful, kind, and overall FUN!!! They interacted with my family, friends, and my now husband, with kindness, excitement, and an abundance of love. The food was AHHH-MAZING! They offer everything for your big day to make each belly happy, full, and wanting more because it was sooo good! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/19/2019
    PEJ Events 8
    PEJ Events 9
    PEJ Events 10

Gporter · Married on 08/11/2019

PEJ Events was totally AMAZING

Our experience with PEJ events was absolutely phenomenal! SO HELPFUL, SO COOPERATIVE, and SO ATTENTIVE to all the Guests needs, they made my Son's wedding event something we won't ever forget.
    To Team Lead Yubiel, to the bartenders and servers - Derick, Bobby, Randy, Cole, Alexander and Nagely, I say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

And I haven't even mentioned the food!!! WE had the Texas BBQ package and the food was simply amazing! A lot of comments by Guests raving about the quality of all the dishes served.

BRAVO, PEJ events! Take a Bow!!!!!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Nettie

Nettie · Married on 07/05/2019

So easy to work with!

PEJ is so flexible and working with Jason has been a breeze! The tasting was so easy to schedule and everything we tasted was amazing. Their flexibility with linens, glasses and dishes is great too!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Kaytee

Kaytee · Married on 06/09/2019

Easy Coordination, Budget Friendly, DELICIOUS

WOW! I could not recommend PEJ Events more! Mona (PEJ’s coordinator) was an absolute dream to work with. She helped us serve our guests while sticking to our budget. And the quality of food WOW! Above any of our other vendors, our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was. When my now husband wanted a BBQ buffet for our wedding, I was worried it would have a “backyard barbeque” feel, but that was not the case. The food was incredible, the setup was elegant, and the staff had unparalleled service. I cannot recommend PEJ more, and we will certainly use them again at any future event we have!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Brooke Duree · Married on 06/08/2019

1 word… Delicious!!!

1 word… Delicious!!! We chose PEJ Events after a recommendation from someone and we were so happy that we did. The food was beyond amazing. From the moment we sat down for our tasting we knew we were in for a treat. We loved the idea of having different food stations and the Mac & Cheese bar was a giant hit. Plus, who could go wrong with a cobbler bar at the end of the night. PEJ has a wonderful staff that went above and beyond. From their servers to the fabulous bar tenders the night could not have gone better. Thank you PEJ for a fabulous night.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Courtney Mcgonegle · Married on 06/08/2019

Great food, great service!

My husband and I found PEJ through our venue's preferred vendor list. We did a destination wedding in ATX and knew our out-of-town guest would be excited about BBQ. We were quickly impressed with PEJ and their personalized, punctual service. Lori, one of PEJ's wedding specialists, was always timely in responding to emails and answering all my questions and flexible when making adjustments. Overall, the company was wonderful to work with. We highly recommend them for your future event!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Sara Griffith Dawson · Married on 04/13/2019

This BBQ is insanely good!

The food at PEJ Events (Pok-e-Jos) was SO GOOD. I had friends texting me weeks after telling me how much they loved the food (and wanted more ribs and corn casserole!). The servers were so friendly and made us and our guests feel immensely taken care of. I highly recommend using them for your wedding!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Allison

Allison Scott · Married on 03/30/2019

So easy to work with, such good food!

PEJ Events did such a fantastic job catering our wedding! So many of our guests complimented the food, and the presentation and attentiveness of the staff was so impressive.

We loved working with PEJ- they made it so easy for us and our guests to enjoy our big day!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Ann Hering · Married on 03/02/2019

Mother-of-the-bride

PEJ out did itself! 😁

Delicious fajitas and fixings and drinks and fabulous service!

Thank you so much for all that you and PEJ did for us to make our daughters wedding fabulous!

We will be recommending your fantastic catering to everybody!

Thanks again for a superb job done! 😋

Ann and Edward Hering

P.S. Lots of people bragged to us about the awesome fajitas! Well done, PEJ!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Anderson · Married on 03/02/2019

PEJ made the food service out our wedding seamless!

We used PEJ events for the catering at our March 2019 wedding, and our contact was Lori. They did a great job! The dinner part of the reception was seamless, and the food was tasty and the staff did a great job. We went with the fajitas option and it was a big hit, as were the appetizers for the cocktail hour. They made all of the food service after the ceremony until the cleanup at the end of the night so seamless and professional, and really took a lot of the worry off of us so that we could enjoy the reception. So glad we found them!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 02/17/2019

Fantastic Food and Communication

PEJ Events catered our wedding a few weeks ago and everything was perfect. We went with a simple BBQ buffet for 150 guests and EVERYONE commented on how amazing it was. They even prepared a to go box for the two of us which we realized was life saving by the time we made it back to our hotel at the end of the night.

They were flexible with an option for vegetarians and these folks got to select their meal ahead of time. The staff was professional and very flexible with our requests specifically Lori who helped us through a number of last minute issues.

You can even rent your linens through them as well which were priced well and completely hassle free.

Would absolutely 100% recommend and would use again!!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Brian · Married on 01/06/2019

Great Service, Better Food!

Lori was the absolute best! She helped my fiancé and I put together an amazing and unique menu that fell well within our budget. She worked with us on all the tricky details of the day and helped us think through a perfect setup for our guests. The staff that came out did a wonderful job as full-service caterers. Our guests were blown away by the mojito bites and smoked fajitas. The servers and bartenders were very courteous and all made an effort to congratulate both my husband and I after we tied the knot. PEJ catered my brother's wedding a few years prior and I'll be shocked if my wedding is the last time I get to experience PEJ at a wedding - all our engaged friends were asking who made the delicious food!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Brandon

Brandon Shabazz · Married on 12/16/2018

Best catering team in town

As a wedding DJ I have an opportunity to eat and interact with some of the areas best caterers. The best experience I have in terms of quality of food, speed of service and professionalism is hands down PEJ.

This is an unsolicited review and I rarely write reviews for other vendors. My role as the DJ during dinner is to faciliate dinner service with the catering team. Last night I did a wedding at Ivory Oak with 200 plus guests and I was blown away by how quickly they facilitated dinner for that amount of people.

We were a little behind on the timeline and I fully expected dinner to further put us behind. PEJ's prompt service actually put us ahead of schedule.

I can't tell you how many times I've eaten their food and seen them in action. They consistently provide a fantastic experience for all wedding guests. No need to read or contemplate anymore. Book PEJ now!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Laura · Married on 12/02/2018

So happy with our choice!

We love BBQ and loved having PEJ Events cater our wedding! Our guests raved about how delicious the food was - we loved the appetizers, and most of our guests went back through the dinner buffet for seconds and thirds! The catering staff was very friendly and came up to my husband and me several times throughout the night to make sure we didn't need anything. They also cut and served our wedding cake. It was so nice being able to trust them to take care of all of those details. I am so glad we chose PEJ Events for our wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 11/16/2018

Not Just Super Budget Friendly But Delicious AND Elegant

I was really adverse to having BBQ be served at my wedding since I grew up in the hill country and BBQ is a regular dining option here. However after trying out a few other caterers no one could top how delicious and so inexpensive PEJ's was. What's more their presentation of the plates and buffet don't look one bit like a cheap bbq service. The food presentation really did look very elegant! We worked with Lori and she was by far the kindest caterer of all those we had communicated with.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Nguyen Bui · Married on 10/25/2018

Wedding caterer look no more!! Pokejoes is the one!

Pokejoes was truly a diamond in the rough among wedding caterers. Not only was the food delicious, but the catering staff provided excellent service. Their buffet style service went smoothly and the staff even helped clean up during the event. Overall we would have them cater every event if our only diet was bbq! Thank you for everything pokejoes!! Sincerely Nguyen and Mackenzie.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Unbeatable food & service!

We had PEJ Events cater and bartend our wedding this past weekend and we are so happy we did!! The fajita buffet was amazing, literally everyone was raving about how delicious it was, throughout the night and days after! All the way from start of contract to finish was top notch and totally professional, and we recommend them to anyone in the Austin area looking for a full service catering company to work their event! (: Thanks again for the awesome service!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Danielle Moccia · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!

Cannot recommend Mona and PEJ Events enough. Mona was a delight to work with and always quick to respond to our many questions and do little extra things to make our experience/wedding day that much more memorable. She gets shit done and will take good care of you at the same time. Our guests raved about the food and we were super pleased with the presentation, service and the cost! If you're looking for a quality catering company without paying the cost of a down payment on a house, I seriously recommend PEJ.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Shelby · Married on 09/22/2018

Best decision!

PEJ Events was a dream to work with! Even from the initial contact we knew we had a winner. They were straightforward and transparent with their pricing and inclusions- not very common with wedding caterers as I learned. Their food was delicious, and they were flexible in letting us choose which menu items to serve. My main point of contact was Alexis and she was extremely responsive to my emails and questions. She kept us in the loop with everything from rentals to timeline, which made our planning process so much easier. Any time I needed to contact PEJ, someone was ready to help. Our other vendors were thrilled to know Pok-E-Jo’s (PEJ) was our caterer. That should speak to how good they are and the reputation they have earned in this business. They had everything handled during our wedding day. The staff was so kind to my husband and I making sure we had everything we needed. The food was fantastic! Our guests still mention how good the food was at our wedding. Their staff was quick to clean up and help clear everything at the end of the night. They even boxed up some food for my husband and I to enjoy after the night was over. We were so pleased with our experience with PEJ Events. They are professional, delicious, affordable, and trustworthy. Hands down one of the best vendors we worked with!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    PEJ Events 11
    PEJ Events 12

Angela · Married on 09/14/2018

We used Pok-E-Joes catering for my son's rehearsal dinner. I was really surprised by the extensive catering menu. The food was delicious, the portions were ample and the cost was competitive. We will definitely use them again for any catering needs.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Cherie · Married on 09/08/2018

Mona and her team were the best!

Sent on 09/28/2018