PEJ Events Reviews

216 Reviews for PEJ Events

• Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn K. · Getting married on 06/01/2023

We loved pej!

PEJ was the perfect choice for our wedding. Mona was so knowledgeable, responsive and easy to work with throughout the entire process. We had to make some fairly significant changes to our guest count and Mona made sure that we received top tier service and made the most of our money. On wedding day the presentation was exactly what we wanted/expected and our guest couldn't stop raving about how tasty the Texas BBQ was! PEJ really elevates what they serve and they truly make the clients a top priority. If we had to do it all over again we'd select PEJ time and time again!

Sent on 02/27/2021
  • Maria

Maria D. · Getting married on 12/03/2021

Incredible Expereince

The food was so good, people wanted to get seconds immediately! But with the awesome portions, they didn't need to! It was fabulous and easy working with the crew and literally everything was taken care of. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/23/2021

Paul C. · Getting married on 12/02/2021

Our wedding experience

Gave good suggestions on how to improve our wedding experience and then executed flawlessly. Staff was positive and worked long and hard

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Brenda

Brenda · Getting married on 10/15/2021

Perfect tasting experience

This review is based off of the tasting only. We live in Houston and traveled to Roundrock for our tasting. They made sure that everything was prepared when we arrived and they reserved our own section to taste. It was as easy as it could be. The store manager was super helpful! Everything was delicious! Definitely recommending! We booked them for our wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda W. · Getting married on 10/02/2021

amazing food and service!

PEJ was incredible! I would recommend them over and over again. From the start, we had a wonderful experience. Anna!!! Holy cow, that girl needs a raise - she was AMAZING! She was so quick in our responses and met all of our needs without question. When it came to the food, my guests raved about how delicious everything was. My uncle, who is a brisket connoisseur commented that it was one of the best briskets he's ever had. We had an attendant the whole night who did anything we asked. He was so nice and I couldn't have had a better experience with PEJ. If we need any catering in the future, hands down, we will be going through them.

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • BNT20

Bnt20 · Married on 06/10/2021

Just fantastic

They were fantastic! Not only did they have a wonderful package deal with our venue, they were super responsive and helpful getting our tasting setup and all the other details leading up to the wedding. We went with the ribs, brisket, jalapeno cornbread, broccoli salad and baked potato casserole… let me tell you, everything was GREAT!!! All of our guests kept complimenting the food and asked about it all weekend. Some of our out-of-town guests even went to eat at a local Pokejo’s one more time before they left. They were PERFECT. Simply delicious. We had a huge wedding but they got everyone served quickly and efficiently. Just an excellent vendor. We are so grateful. Thank you Lori for all of your help and patience!!!

Sent on 06/16/2021
  • T J

Troy · Married on 06/05/2021

Our June Wedding

The food was Great! We had the BBQ with brisket barbacoa tostadas and mac & cheese shooters as appetizers. It did not disappoint. Compliments all around from our guest. They worked well with our venue at Old Glory Ranch and their staff was very professional and friendly. I will recommend them to anyone seeking a caterer.

Sent on 07/13/2021

Makenna C. · Married on 06/03/2021

I will recommend PEJ to EVERYONE until the day I leave the earth. If you spend more $ than PEJ charges then light your $ on fire

I seriously have no idea where to begin so I’ll start with the cliffnotes summary – I will recommend PEJ to EVERYONE until the literal day I leave this earth. I’ll repeat this at the end but hear me now, regardless of if you’re a foodie or a practical/conservative/basic bride, you can’t go wrong with PEJ. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say if you spend more money on food than PEJ charges then you might as well light those extra funds on fire.

A little about me, I’m your very middle-of-the-road type of human/bride, in the fact I wanted a nice wedding but didn’t want to offer up my first-born to pay for it. I toured a thousand venues (five) and when it came to their catering suggestions this was my speech – “I don’t want to pay for a 5-star dinner for everyone but I also don’t want everyone to leave and gripe about the food for the next five years (and we have some picky people attending the wedding and in the family)” – and EVERY single venue suggested PEJ. Another important fact about me is that I like good food but I’m not going to classify myself as a “foodie” by any means, so honestly I had a bit of insecurity regarding my food/catering choices because I secretly asked myself “will this be sufficient for the food snobs and the guests who I know genuinely judge weddings based on the quality of food”.
    Also, now that I’m actually married I can admit this on this on the internet, but I straight up refused to do a tasting. I live 6 hours from Austin and was starving myself for the wedding, so naturally I’m not going to waste 12 hours of a round-trip drive to eat food. Instead, I just read their reviews and found a lot of comfort with my decision, especially given the fact that some “Karen” hadn’t blasted PEJ for anything.

So, I called PEJ (late, like 5:45 or 6pm) one afternoon, after receiving a lecture on how I needed to quit putting off the catering call, and the most incredible human being on planet earth, Jason King, happened to answer the phone on his way out the door (after hours – and we should all appreciate how special this is because I personally am not going to answer a work call after hours). To make this long story short, Jason basically became my best friend, pseudo wedding planner until my wedding planner took over everything (I bought a 6-week package and wish I would have just paid to have her full time because she’s an angel on earth in disguise as a wedding planner - Amanda Blue Events), and helped me navigate the very stressful, upsetting, and confusing waters of planning a large wedding in Austin – ALL without making me feel dumb, simple, or classless when I genuinely expressed my thoughts/wishes. (I legitimately consider Jason a close friend of mine now – regardless of if he considers me a bff or a weirdo (lol) and it’s because he’s one of the best people on planet earth – so because of that I’m convinced PEJ is the company it is because of him and the staff he has around him).

All of this being said, one of the BIGGEST compliments I got about my very large and (I’m going to be honest here) lavish, “done-right”, over-the-top floral, open-bar, 22 person-deep bridal party, ridiculous volume of guest favors, over-the-top dessert bar (complete with macaroons, several custom popcorn flavors, bonbons, cake-pops, basically the works), and detailed wedding, was how amazing the food was. I was like, are y’all joking that’s what you noticed????!!! The food/catering was the LEAST stressful freaking thing I did and what I had prided myself on not “splurging” on. Even my closest friends were in shock because they knew I wasn’t trying to blow the budget on food, yet everyone was literally BLOWN AWAY with how amazing the food was. I’ve heard a million funny stories about how people were hoarding cocktail hour appetizers because of how good they are (another reason to hire Amanda Blue Events is that she snagged us appetizers and drinks during family pictures), how a million people got seconds, and overall just how impressive the food was. The food was so good that we literally barely had enough leftovers for the planner to send HALF of a plate with my husband and I. But honestly, the best part of the whole freaking PEJ/Catering/Food Compliment situation, was that I gained a friend for life out of Jason. They say weddings are awful and stressful (and to a very large degree that’s not inaccurate), but one of the LEAST stressful parts of my whole wedding was the ENTIRE catering experience, which made the ridiculous compliments we’ve gotten weeks after the wedding on the quality of food/service almost comical since it was the most seamless process.

P.S. Jason King straight up came to my final walkthrough with my planner at Canyonwood Ridge and helped design the entire wedding day to make things perfect. I even said, “hey y’all I have family that only drinks Diet Doctor Pepper and I don’t want them waiting in line at the bar for these drinks” so Jason and Amanda (Amanda Blue Events) literally rearranged the entire layout of the water/appetizer stations, bars, and buffets so my family could be accommodated.

Moral of the story is this, regardless of if you’re a foodie/boujee bride or a practical/conservative/basic bride, you can’t go wrong with PEJ. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say if you spend more money on food than PEJ charges then you might as well light those extra funds on fire. If you need extra convincing then know this, some of the people who attended my wedding, were in my wedding, and in my own family are super freaking picky and go to the “Wedding Capital of Texas” on the reg for high-end weddings, and they still went OUT OF THEIR WAY to compliment the food. So, I owe a large part of the BEST day of my entire life to PEJ and I would literally get on a phone call with anyone who is struggling with a catering decision, just to share more of my experience! (My name is Makenna Carson (new last name Rockafellow) look me up if you have questions)

In conclusion, hire PEJ and you won’t regret it.

Makenna

Sent on 03/20/2021

Tim S. · Married on 03/09/2021

Amazing service!

PEF was awesome for our wedding! I could not be happier with them. Their service was absolutely stunning, they treated it like it was the most important wedding they had ever done. I was so impressed with their professionalism. Also, we had several guests come tell us how fantastic the food was. In particular, the Wagyu Sirloin was ridiculously good and commented on several times. The cost compared to other caterer is a great value! I will HIGHLY be recommending PEJ to anyone holding events they want top notch service for a great price too. Thank you PEJ for our beautiful day and all your hard work!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Aly

Aly M. · Married on 03/02/2021

Best food and service ever

There are 3 things that people will remember from a wedding:
    1. How happy the bride and groom looked
    2. The music
    3. THE FOOD

PEJ Events DID NOT DISAPPOINT! We chose to do Texas BBQ with mac n cheese and veggies served Family Style! We got soooo many compliments on how amazing the food and staff were! Choosing family style serving was perfect for us too. Not a lot of catering companies offer this style and it did not cost much more to upgrade to it from buffet. The food came out super quickly and people were able to eat so much faster than they would have with a buffet style!

Anna was our PEJ event rep and she was amazing! She was super quick to reply to emails and always on top of everything! We ordered our linens through the catering and they set it all up perfectly!

THANK YOU PEJ EVENTS!

Sent on 04/01/2020
  • Reid

Reid M. · Married on 02/27/2021

Grade-A Texas BBQ for ANY Wedding

PEJ catering was a hit at our wedding! Excellent food, excellent service, and they went above and beyond to make sure everything was COVID friendly for our guests who were able to make it during such a weird time. If you're looking for a caterer to blend the beautiful taste of Texas BBQ while matching the elegance of any wedding, PEJ is the vendor for you.

Sent on 03/17/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica W. · Married on 02/20/2021

Amazing! We loved PEJ!

PEJ thought of everything! We didn't have to worry about anything. All of our guests LOVED the food. We got rave reviews. Would absolutely use PEJ again!

Sent on 04/12/2021

Alex E. · Married on 02/11/2021

Excellent Food and Service!

Lori and team with PEJ Events were outstanding for our wedding. The service was absolutely spot on, the bartending was excellent, and everyone was so kind and courteous to all of our guests. For our wedding we had the brisket, sausage, and chicken with side salads, Mac and Cheese, and the unbelievably good cornbread casserole (Would HIGHLY recommend). Super pleased with everything, and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/21/2020

Positive Experience

Amazing food, and amazing service! When it came to choosing food for our wedding, we definitely knew bbq was the right choice for us. PEJ was so professional to work with, and on the day of our wedding they went above and beyond to make sure us and our guests had an amazing experience. The lead on our wedding day came up to us as soon as we sat down to get our plates ready, they knew my dietary restrictions and ensured I could eat everything on my plate. Additionally, all of our guests were served in a timely manor. Everyone had food prior to us finishing our meals. And everyone was raving about how good the food was the next day!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Blair O. · Married on 11/07/2020

Great experience !

Everything was excellent. Good was good, friendly staff. Buffet ran smoothly, no issues.

Sent on 11/16/2020

Nelly · Married on 10/25/2020

Best catering

The best food to serve at a wedding!! People are still talking about it and telling us how much they loved the food. Lori was who helped us out through the entire process. She was very responsive and made everything easy to book.

Sent on 11/10/2020

Brittany R. · Married on 10/17/2020

Wonderful!

PEJs catered my wedding and they were awesome. Everyone said the food was amazing and their staff was absolutely fantastic.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Brittany G. · Married on 10/09/2020

A wedding meal so delicious we ate it twice!

We had such a fabulous team that made our wedding perfect, and PEJ was such a huge part of that! Anna at PEJ worked with us from the beginning, and was incredibly responsive and flexible in helping us craft our wedding menu. And the food was beyond delicious - still dreaming of the turkey, brisket, and jalapeno cornbread casserole ! I can’t even tell you how many compliments we got on the food from our friends and family, they were blown away! The service and attention to detail made us feel special, and made our guests relaxed and happy too. We ate the leftovers that PEJ packed for us with my parents a couple days after the wedding, and it was such a treat to enjoy our super tasty wedding meal twice!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Eva T

Yvonne · Married on 10/04/2020

Delicious food!

We are so impressed with the PEJ staff especially during this pandemic. They are absolutely professional, organized, masked, gloves and efficient. They are prompt on time throughout the whole wedding, set up our spaced beautifully according to plan and serving food and clean up were done extremely fast. Everyone was kind and we really enjoyed their customer service even with a reschedule wedding date. On top of it all, the food was AMAZING!!! Who doesn't love Texas BBQ?! AND we ordered their peach and cherry cobbler with Amy's Mexican vanilla ice cream. WOW!!! Absolutely delicious. Thank you PEJ for the wonderful food!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Brittany W. · Married on 09/13/2020

Great package for price and helpful

Great package for price and helpful

Sent on 01/05/2020

Judy K. · Married on 06/04/2020

Great food; service exceeded expectations

Pok-E-Jo's Events exceeded our expectations in every way. The brisket and pork were delicious, the sides were far better than the typical pre-fab potato salad and drenched in mayo slaw from other BBQ places, and vegetarian options were provided. Guests loved the food. But my gratitude springs from their outstanding service. On time, reliable, courteous... I expect those things. But they went over and above with extra touches. We had tasked relatives with cutting the wedding cakes, but PEJ whisked the cakes away and returned with trays laden with plates, enabling family to enjoy themselves and not get covered with frosting. PEJ brought extra supplies, even for items they were not responsible for (cake and appetizers) just in case we ran out. They handled the bar professionally and responsibly. PEJ made life easier for the clean up crew (um, mom and dad and the church custodian) by packing the table centerpieces, consolidating the flowers, and boxing up the wine and beer in addition to the clean-up tasks on their contract. PEJ allowed us to simply concentrate on family, friends, the ceremony, the reception... and for that, I am grateful.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Kami

Kami L. · Married on 04/19/2020

Catering for Our Wedding!

PEJ was so flexible with us when we had to reschedule our wedding twice due to the pandemic. During the wedding, they were not only delicious but their staff was so professional. We had a dedicated server who came up to us while we were taking pictures outside in the hot sun and gave us refreshments. We felt cared for and know our guests did too. They also threw in a free cake cutting service for us so that was a bonus! They were a preferred vendor at our venue so they were able to help us break down tables at the end of the evening, which they did so quickly! They are awesome and worth it!

Sent on 04/15/2021

Ali S. · Married on 04/11/2020

PEJ's if by far the best!

Wow! They exceeded every expectation we had.
    Extremely professional, on time, organized, on point....the staff was sharp and refined. Dressed very professional, attentive to all guests,
    and the food was undoubtedly, absolutely delicious. PEJ is the best!
    They went above and beyond and made a classy reception come to life. Thank you PEJ's! You are amazing!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Katie

Katie D. · Married on 02/14/2020

Pej is the best!

We used PEJ for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner this past weekend. They came early, completely organized, set up the appetizers and bar and were ready to serve before the designated time. In fact, the rehearsal was faster than anticipated and they were flexible enough to start serving early. They communicated with me the whole evening - professional, personableand attentive! The food was great (BBQ turkey and brisket) and when our speaches went long, they somehow kept Amy's ice cream cold and the cobblers hot!
    We had one guest that was Gluten Free and Randy went out of his way to tell her exactly what she could and couldn't eat. He even brought food to her! We appreciate the attention to detail and highly recommend them. Talk to Lori to reserve them. She was the reason we booked. She kept in contact, yet didn't pressure.

Sent on 02/19/2020
  • Kate

Kate G. · Married on 02/10/2020

Best Wedding Food!

Pok-e-Jos did a fantastic job catering our wedding. The staff was super friendly and professional. The food was pre-plated and the presentation looked amazing. To this day our guests are still talking about how much they loved the BBQ. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 02/26/2021