patrick mcnamara photography Reviews

162 | Cape Neddick, ME

162 Reviews for patrick mcnamara photography

Catherine · Married on 06/25/2011

I got married this past June and Patrick was the photographer. When we started to do the wedding planning in January my husband and I were living in Germany. After looking at his website and blog we were instantly drawn to his photos that seem to capture not only the event but also the emotion that is there. Patrick was so flexible and understanding about us being out of the country until shortly before the big day. He was so helpful with all the little details you can easily forget to do for your photos. Since we were wedding planning in another country things could get a little confusing but Patrick always made the photography side of things as easy and simple for us as possible.

On the wedding day you could truly see how much he enjoys his work. He was with us all day and ended up feeling like part of the family! Patrick came up with awesome ideas for all of the shots he took. He was able to get the shots as quickly as possible so we could get to the reception, which the bridal party really appreciated!

I was recently able to view some of the shots he took and I was blown away. THEY ARE AMAZING! He captured such special moments with his camera that we will be able to relive for years to come. The nicest thing about the photos is that he caught quiet moments between me and my bridesmaids or me and my husband. Moments that no one else would have thought to take a picture of. His attention to detail is extraordinary. The pictures bring us right back to our special day and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer or person to share the day with us.

I would recommend Patrick to everyone I know. I am so thankful we choose him as our wedding photographer. The pictures he took are truly amazing.

Sent on 07/08/2011

Laurie · Married on 05/21/2011

If you choose anyone other than Patrick for your wedding pictures you are making a huge mistake! He is absolutely fabulous! Patrick is flexible, humorous, calming, and an expert at what he does. He has an amazing ability to remedy any situation he is put in, whether it's a stressed out bride, a cranky groom, overwhelmed parents, you name it, he makes your event perfect! I would and HAVE recommended him to everyone!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Sharon · Married on 05/21/2011

We had Patrick do the photography at our daughter's wedding this May. He was so gracious and patient. We were a little disorganized as it got down to the wire, yet Patrick was easy going, went with the flow, and really just wonderful. Very unobtrusive. Somehow managed to take hundreds of marvelous photos, even with all the mayhem of the "getting ready " period.
    I would highly recommend Patrick to anyone. His photos were just great. He had so many wonderful , creative shots . The end result was so good that we had a real tough time deciding which to order, and ended up ordering hundreds !
    The wedding was just wonderful, and many thanks to Patrick for having it be all about the bride and groom, and not a staging area for the photogragher.

Sent on 06/25/2011

Cate · Married on 10/16/2010

Patrick did an outstanding job at our wedding. We were fortunate to have a beautiful fall day in Maine, and the backdrop we had to work with was stunning- ocean and folliage. The formal shots were painless due to his quick method of execution. That saved a lot of time for pictures with me and my husband in a few close by locations. We were willing to do whatever he wanted to get a great shot, and the outcome is everything I could have hoped for. He was a master at directing us. I was afraid we would come across as stiff, but Patrick put us at ease, and the photos reflect how comfortable we were with him. Friends and family have commented on how great the pictures look. He knew how to make us look our best while also highlighting the beautiful scenery.

Patrick did a fantastic job, was very professional yet fun, on time, and incredibly artistic. I would hire him again and recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2010

Patrick was so fun to work with and he shoots absolutely beautiful pictures - very artistic shots. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/08/2010

Juliet · Married on 10/09/2010

We were married on Columbus Day Weekend and could not have been more pleased with our decision to use Patrick as our wedding photographer. From the planning stages to the very last photo he took he was helpful, fun and professional. Patrick was able to help us plan where the best places were to shoot and took the time to offer back up plans due to the possilbe holiday weekend traffic and fickle New England weather. He was very attentive and listened to what was important to us to have captured on film and what was not. His photos are amazing in both quality and content. We could not be happier with our overall experience. Thank you Patrick!

Sent on 01/07/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/02/2010

Patrick was incredible to work with. I found Patrick at a wedding expo, and was instantly drawn to his work and portfolio. He displayed such beautiful work and I called him right away to book him for our wedding.

He was very professional and fun to work with; my bridal party, family and my husband were all extrememly impressed with Patrick and the entire day. We were so excited to see our photos after the wedding, especially since it flew by. Patrick captured all of the special moments, and helped us to re-live the day all over again.

I have already recommended Patrick to all of my friends getting married next year. Patrick is amazing and he truly understands how special this day is. Thank you!

Sent on 12/20/2010

Cara · Married on 09/25/2010

After a brief phone conversation with Patrick, my [now] husband and I were confident that he would be the perfect photographer for our wedding day. We gave him the ultimate challenge: a large number of candid photos with only a limited number of posed shots. And he delivered!

Patrick's photos captured the essence of fun, humor, joy, love, and ease that we strived for in each of our wedding day festivities. With beauty in every shot and an amazing, uncanny ability to make even the most spontaneous moments look perfectly-choreographed, Patrick provided us with a visually-stunning history of our wedding. Most outstanding was his ability to find and capture these moments without us even being aware of his presence.

A consummate professional, Patrick was also extremely flexible, funny, and able to work with ever-changing scenarios, multiple moving groups of wedding guests, and fast-moving kids!

The quality, richness, and depth of his photography is unmatched.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2010

Patrick was an absolute DELIGHT to work with! He is so personable and funny yet completely professional--our wedding party and guests are still talking about how great he was! His talent is obvious--we couldn't be happier with our wedding pictures and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Alicia · Married on 09/17/2010

I didn't meet Patrick until my wedding day, but I knew within the first few minutes of our initial phone conversation he was the right person for the job. He listened to what I had to say and followed up by sending examples that lined up with what I was thinking. His professional demeanor shined through over the phone, and was even more impressive in person.

I just received my pictures and would sum up Patrick's work in with a few simple words...absolutely stunning and amazing. He has an uncanny ability to capture the moments in such a way you can feel the emotion. His shots are so natural and effortless. His easy going personality puts you and your guests at ease and makes the whole process so much fun. Everyone I show my pictures to comment about how they are some of the best pictures they have ever seen. I agree because I can't stop looking at them. My husband and I are so happy we chose Patrick. He is truly an amazing photographer.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Jenny and Barry · Married on 09/12/2010

Patrick was amazing! He planned and executed the entire day flawlessly. Not only was he so nice, he took the time to really make sure that our day was unforgettable. I asked Patrick to take a picture of us that he had never done before, in a special place, that would give us chills every time we looked at it. Not only did he do a picture like that, there was quite a few like that. He was willing to climb all over rocks and risk falling into the water to get the shot we were looking for. Now every time I walk into my living room and look at that 24 X 36 picture on the wall, I lose my breath and remember what an amazing wedding day we had! Thank you Patrick!

Sent on 12/24/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/10/2010

When we first met Patrick I knew he was the photographer for us; the pictures in his studio were gorgeous and we really liked his organized demeanor and personality. We couldn't have been more right! Since the moment he first arrived till the very last dance he was nothing but professional. We received a multitude of compliments on him from our guests throughout the night about how he was everywhere and yet never intrusive, a real must with a wedding photographer! Needless to say the wedding pictures came out fantastic as well! We could not have made a better choice in choosing Patrick to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2010

Patrick was great! We planned our Maine wedding from the west coast, we didn't know how it was going to go and he was a big part of everything running smoothly! Our pictures are amazing, we can't stop looking at them... and they actually brought tears to my family members eyes! So beautiful, Thank you Patrick!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Tasha · Married on 08/22/2010

Capturing the moments of a wedding celebration by family and friends is one you will want to look back and cherish for years to come so the right photographer is an absolute must. Patrick McNamara was that person for us; he is truly a professional and everything we had hoped for in a photographer.

After interviewing 2 other photographers we knew Patrick was the best fit for us after we viewed his style of “artistic” photography and his commitment to us that he was self directed. This was such an important day for all of us that we needed to know we had someone who could "hit it out of the park", Patrick did just that. Our pictures tell a story of that day from the jitters of getting ready, to the ceremony, to the reception, to the good-byes and everything in between. It is exactly what we were looking for. His sense of calmness, assurance and sense of humor helped make it all a perfect day.

Our pictures have been shared around the country and everyone is in awe of the shots that were taken. He is truly an artist who helps create lasting memories.

Sent on 10/06/2010

S · Married on 08/11/2010

Patrick did an amazing job. Our photos are stunning.

Sent on 12/16/2010

S · Married on 08/07/2010

Our photos from Patrick are simply gorgeous. He really captured the moment and the emotion in so many shots. He was also completely subtle, unobtrusive, and professional, which was one of the key attributes I looked for. The lighting and colors were lovely- soft and yet vibrant, deeply-saturated. We were very happy with the quality of the photos.

Sent on 12/15/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2010

Patrick is a great person to work with and to entrust such an important task to. He not only has a great personality to work with and knows so much about his area of expertise, but he also is extremely helpful with pulling together other vendors/aspects that go into a wedding. Since my fiancee and I are not from Maine he was very helpful with recommending (but not pushing) different vendors for flowers, cakes, and even JPs that he had worked with in the past in the Maine region. He knew the venue like the back of his hand which helped with getting the best shots possible with the best lighting.

As for the guests, we had numerous comments about how professional he was yet, extremely personable and engaging throughout the day. He does not interfere with any activities throughout the day yet is able to capture such candid shots. Hardly, anything was staged or posed except for the actual "formals".

Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/01/2010

My husband and I got married 8/1/2010 at Castle In The Clouds, NH. It was a great spot and working with Patrick Mcnamara Photography was amazing. He got lots of candid shots, which we love.. and did anything to get the perfect shot. He jumped over rocks to get us by the waterfall and climbed to the top of the castle to get the whole view and ceremony!! I could not ask for better.. Patrick also has an amazing humor and energy that really made the day fun for me and the guests.. especially when this day is so special, but also can be stressful.. Lastly, I never saw his camera.. he hid so well and was never in people's faces..

Sent on 12/15/2010

Shelly · Married on 07/25/2010

It's always a good sign when everyone (brides and vendors) who has worked with your photographer has only the highest praise. Patrick did not disappoint. He was always professional but also warm and friendly. On the day of the wedding we ran a bit behind at the hairdresser and also had some spotty rain. He was flexible and accommodating and we got everything done in plenty of time.

Patrick portraits are stunning but he also did a great job capturing the energy of the reception. He was enthusiastic about working through all of my ideas and allowed me to drag him up and down the Kennebunkport coast taking pictures out on the rocks. As an added bonus, he took so many great snapshots of couples that I have a feeling his pictures will be gracing the walls and desks of many of my wedding guest.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/10/2010

Patrick is amazing. Absolutely, completely, utterly amazing. We interviewed 3 area photographers, and it was clear after 5 minutes with Patrick that he was our guy. His studio is wonderful. It’s filled with his work - portraits, weddings, families, children, and commercial art. His range is impressive; this is not someone who thought taking pictures would be "cool" – he is a talented artist who brings a wealth of technical experience, education and his artistic gift to the table.

Two things set him apart from others: his personality and his capability. Patrick is a guy that you want to hang around with. He’s calming, relaxing, funny. We did an engagement shoot with him, and just when we started to get stiff and unsure, Patrick started quoting Zoolander to us – this guy knows how to get you to do what he wants without making you feel pressured. This is what I wanted for our wedding day. I knew that he would be with us all day long; he would see me in my bathrobe getting ready, he would be seeing us before the ceremony when my nerves would be on edge, he would be responsible for capturing that day forever on film. I wanted someone I could feel comfortable with, someone who could be there without me stressing out about it. He was all that and more; Patrick was calm, professional, always with a smile or a funny word. He was reassuring, and yet it felt like he wasn't there, he was under my radar. In fact, if I didn’t have such great pictures, I might doubt that he was there at all – he just slipped into the crowd and became absolutely invisible. Some photographers pop up in your face with a bright flash and start posing you. Patrick just managed to get great pictures while being in the background.

As for capability, Patrick truly knows the art of photography and has an amazing gift for what will look fantastic in print. Our engagement pictures are so beautiful – we look like superstar versions of ourselves. Our wedding pictures are stunning. There’s a beautiful mix of posed portraits, candids, and background shots. Our photo album reads like a beautiful story. You can feel the elegance, the humor, everything that happened that night, just by looking at the pictures. His style isn’t photojournalism or strictly portrait. It’s whatever the situation calls for.

We were so impressed with Patrick that we hired him for our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding. Instead of a small formal dinner, we invited all of our guests to a Welcome Barbeque, and Patrick was there to document it all. We have beautiful pictures of the tent, the yard, the flowers, the food… they’re gorgeous still moments from a meaningful day. We also have the most fantastic pictures of our friends and family, enjoying themselves at a relaxed event. I will treasure these pictures as much as our wedding photos - these are great pictures of our families having the time of their lives.

Knowing that we owned the rights to the pictures really made a difference for us. Professional photography is expensive, but knowing that these are now OUR pictures gives them so much more value. We usually print all of our own pictures at home, and this has let us print up great pictures for friends and relatives. Paying to have pictures taken, then paying again every time you want a copy of one is even more expensive, not to mention time consuming. I think this is an awesome feature, and it was the final deciding factor in choosing Patrick. Now we can facebook them, we made them into Christmas cards, and I've sent great pictures to family members as a special surprise. No way would I have paid per print to do this... it ultimately would double the cost of the photography for the wedding.

Patrick is well respected within the wedding community. He was highly recommended by our reception site, the Wentworth by the Sea, and everyone that we worked with or talked to spoke very highly of him. I can’t say enough about Patrick or his skills, and I give him my highest recommendation. We’ve moved away from the seacoast, but have made the decision to return to Patrick on a regular basis for family pictures - we plan on coming back yearly for a portrait of our family as it grows. We will be customers for life, he’s that good.

This is the photographer you want. You will be thrilled with him. End of story.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Heather · Married on 07/06/2010

After using Patrick for our wedding photos (which turned out amazing), we decided to use him again for our family photos. It could have been quite a challenge with an 8 month old, but Patrick handled the situation great. He kept our daughter's attention and made her laugh throughout the session. The photos captured her laughing and smiling naturally. We are, once again, thrilled with the photos and will continue to use Patrick for future shots. We would recommend him for any of your special moments!

Sent on 03/06/2011

Allyson · Married on 06/19/2010

Patrick was everything we hope for - He was professional, right on time and had everyone enjoying the pictures, even taking formals. We both knew the pictures were very important to us - they came out even better than we could have imagined. We now have a wonderful mix of beauty shots and moments with friends and family to last forever. We loved our day and now we can look back on it with just amazing pictures. Patrick has great attention to detail and listened to what was most important to us. Couldn't thank him enough for an excellent job!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Jenna · Married on 06/05/2010

Patrick is hands down the best photographer! From the first time we met with him we knew within the first 10 minutes that he was the photographer that we wanted to capture our big day! Patrick was very professional, organized, trustworthy, and funny! When planning a wedding of course you worry and have anxiety about every aspect of your big day. I did not have a single fear when it came trusting Patrick with the photography details. I would recommend Patrick to any and everyone who is looking for a photographer. We cannot express how happy we were with the photos that he captured of our wedding day.

Sent on 06/26/2010
  • O

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2010

Patrick was amazing to work with from start to finish! My husband and I got such wonderful pictures of our wedding. He captured a lot of candid moments that truly allowed us to relive our day.

We are from New York and had our wedding in Maine which was at times hard to plan because of the distance; however, Patrick always made time for us and answered many of the questions we had and made some great recommendations. Patrick is truly talented and we are very grateful to have found him to capture our special day!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Sarah · Married on 03/28/2009

The most important component of our wedding was getting our families together and we knew we needed an exceptional photographer to capture every little detail...so the search was one! We found Patrick McNamara's Web site and were drawn to the bright colors, natural emotions and the creativity that was apparent in each photo. We were already blown away and hadn't even met him yet!

We planned our East Coast wedding from California so we didn't meet Patrick until the day of the wedding. All of our correspondence was done over the phone or by email, but we were certain he understood what we wanted. He did not disappoint!

Patrick's quick wit and kind personality brought out the natural emotions were we hoping for. Our guests were impressed and are still talking about that "amazing photographer" that captured who we are on such a memorable day.

We've already planned to fly across the country to have pictures taken with Patrick when we start our family! www.mcnamaraphoto.com

Sent on 07/25/2009