Parkway Banquets Reviews

Parkway Banquets 4
Parkway Banquets 5
Parkway Banquets 6

Doris Callos · Married on 10/28/2018

Fairytale reception because they really care

Jerry and his staff are the epitome of professionalism! We worried about nothing because they made sure we had no cause to. Everything from the ceremony through to the sweets table was outstanding. It was truly fairytale like with the beautifully decorated to the views of the serene lake.
    We used them 13 years ago for our anniversary party and knew we could trust and rely on Parkway to make it perfect and they did!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Doris, your words here mean so much to the entire staff at Parkway. THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kind words here! What we do is never about us. It's about capturing the dream you have for the perfect wedding day. We look forward to having you back again for another event! Here's to a million happily ever afters!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding of my dreams

There aren't enough words in the world to explain how awesome Parkway Banquets is. We met Jerry after seeing a handful of halls and feeling stressed. It is hard now a days to find a hall for a decent price with everything you need included without feel ripped off. We loved his honesty and realness he brought to the table. He had the bells and whistle without charging a fortune. He made the process of finding a banquet all very calming. He works very hard to making sure you get what you want and really makes you feel like you matter.
    I am a very OCD gal and Jerry did his best to make me calm throughout the whole process. He gave us the opportunity to get updates on how the construction was coming along and after months of waiting it turned out to be beautiful. The Salon is the perfect place for a big wedding.
    On the day of our wedding, Jerry and his team were outstanding. Stephanie and Sondra were my life savers and helped me with the last minute things I needed done. They made sure that everything I wanted and needed were taken care of. The decorations were amazing, the ceremony was beautiful, the food was delicious, and reception was so much more. If you are looking for an amazing hall that doesn't charge you a fee for cake cutting, champagne toast, with amazing food and the best time of your life you have found your place. Parkway Banquets is the best place for a wedding!

Kimberly · Married on 09/02/2018

All our guests enjoyed the venue and continually mentioned how good the food and service was. Very accommodating to food allergies. Most of all us the bride and groom loved every minute and didn't have to worry about anything except having fun!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Thank you Kimberly! We are so glad we exceeded your expectations! We truly do love what we do, and we're so glad it shows. We hope you will come back for another event soon! Our entire staff wishes you a lifetime of happily ever afters.

Perla · Married on 09/01/2018

The new Salon venue is so beautiful! Jerry was very helpful and really made everything as stress free as possible! Stephanie was also very helpful with making sure the tables and centerpieces were exactly how we wanted them! Thank you Parkway Banquets for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Parkway Banquets 7
    Parkway Banquets 8
    Parkway Banquets 9
    Parkway Banquets 10
    Parkway Banquets 11

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much, Perla! The pleasure was all ours We are so glad that we helped to make your day special! Our entire Parkway Banquets Salon staff wishes you many happy years together!

Erika · Married on 08/17/2018

It's every bride's dream to have her wedding day go by perfectly. Well, Jerry, Cathy, Michelle and the entire staff at Parkway made this possible for me and my now husband, Brian. Jerry is totally experienced to deal with everything that came our way from helping our officiant find his place, to making sure everyone knew their place at the rehearsal and ceremony. We're SO glad we chose Parkway. This was my perfect wedding, with such a beautiful venue on the lake. Plus, it wasn't stupid expensive. There's a package for every budget and we found out that worked with ours, with no hidden fees or surprises. We are recommending this venue to all our newly engaged friends. Love this place, you cannot go wrong with Parkway.

Sent on 08/25/2018
    Parkway Banquets 12

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Awww, Erika, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for Parkway. It means so much to us! What we do is never about us. It is about first understanding, and then, embracing each couple's vision for their perfect wedding day. We are so happy to know that we achieved that for both of you. Our entire Parkway staff wishes you both a lifetime of happily ever after. And THANK YOU for sending this beautiful photo taken on Parkway's lakefront!

Laura · Married on 06/15/2018

All in all this is the best venue in our area! We were married on 6/15/18. Their packages really allow for a smooth and easy wedding planning process. They make the research and meetings a breeze! Jerry is definitely a very busy guy, but always makes the time to speak with you, get things done, and questions answered. Cathy and the bartender (Michelle I think is her name, and also way more than just a bartender) were amazing to work with! They all help put your nerves/thoughts/concerns at ease. Overall a HUGE thumbs up and my husband and I highly recommend Parkway!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Thank you Laura! There is nothing that makes us happier than when we make you both happy! Send us some photos when you get them back! We'd love to see them. We hope you'll have an occasion to come back and party with us again soon! Parkway Banquets wishes you both a lifetime of happily ever afters!!!

Emily · Married on 06/08/2018

Jerry and his team did an incredible job helping us plan the wedding of our dreams. His team helped answer all of our questions and were very nice and accommodating. Not only was service and setup great, the food was outstanding. Every part of my wedding was perfect thanks to Jerry, his team and vendors!!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Emily! Thank you SO MUCH! The pleasure was truly all ours. We hope you will have an occasion to come back and see us! Send us pics when you get them! We wish you a lifetime of happily ever afters.

Angela · Married on 04/14/2018

Jerry, Michelle, Cathy and Parkway are the epitome of what customer service is truly supposed to be! They made myself, my groom, our families and friends feel like an extension of their family from the beginning of the process until the end of a fun celebration! My husband and I were married there on April 14th and we have already received several text msgs, calls, etc from our guests saying how impressed they were with the Parkway family. We would HIGHLY recommend Parkway!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Angela, gosh thank you SO MUCH! What matters most to all of us is that we made you both happy. We're so glad we did that! Please come back when you get your photos and share them with us. We'd love to see them! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness, and hope you'll have an occasion to come back and see us again soon :)

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2017

We recently had an event at Parkway and I have to say in this day and age it is sometimes hard to find people that just do the right thing for no other reason than because they know it is the right thing to do. Jerry the owner is just that guy! I am talking about the things that you wouldn't negotiate in a contract or think to ask about....that is the stuff that he makes sure is right for you and your special day. It's the feeling that you matter and that he just wants you to be happy...Stand up classy guy!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer, for your kind words here. We're so glad we made you happy! When you book an event with us, we work very hard to treat you the same way we would treat our own family. We're so glad we conveyed that to you. We're so appreciative that you taking the time to review us here. Thank you again!

Heather · Married on 11/26/2017

It was a pleasure working with Parkway for our event. Everything was perfect! They even order an extra special sunset for our day!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Awww, Heather! THANK YOU!!!! We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We had a GREAT time with your group! The entire staff at Parkway looks forward to having you all back again!

Katie · Married on 11/18/2017

My (now) husband and I had our wedding at Parkway on 11/18! We had the best time! Everything was taken care of for us! We did not have to worry about a thing! The food was beyond amazing (apps, dinner, sweet table, and late night snack) and the decorations were beautiful! Jerry and Kathy were BEYOND helpful and I knew I could count on them!

They also have a list of preferred vendors...and that is the way to go!

We had a day that we will always remember! I highly recommend Parkway by the Lake Banquet Hall!

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2017

We held our event at Parkway Banquets on October 7, 2017. The banquet hall is on a lake. The room and the view were so beautiful! The meal was delicious and Jerry Ming and the servers were so amazingly helpful and accommodating. Everything was perfect!!! I’m still getting compliments on it!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your kind words here! The entire staff at Parkway by the Lake, AKA Parkway Banquets, is so glad you're happy with the service we provided! We hope you'll have an occasion to come back again! We appreciate you :)

Andrea · Married on 08/30/2017

Jerry and his team took care of every single detail and helped me through the process for my sister in laws memorial. They are outstanding and I will use them for every event I have!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Hi Andrea, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Wedding Wire. We are so appreciative that you took the time to share your experience. We see our guests at some of the happiest, and sometimes, the most difficult times in their lives. You are never just another event to us - you matter. We're glad we conveyed that to you. Thanks again :)

Tammy · Married on 08/06/2017

Jerry catered our church homecoming - the food was awesome , on time and piping hot!
    Thanks Jerry you are the best

Sent on 10/30/2017

Parkway Banquets's reply:

Thank you, Tammy! We so appreciate you taking the time to to share your experience! And YES - Parkway Banquets can cater YOUR event, too, right to your door! Our catering prices are very inexpensive, and we can make just about anything you like!

Thank you so much for catering and helping us to make our wedding day the happiest day of our lives. When our original caterer closed shop 2 months before our wedding leaving us without, you jumped right in and repeatedly told us " Don't worry about anything, all that matters is you have the wedding of your dreams" and that's exactly what you provided. We are so happy we met you and will always count you as one of our lifetime friends from that day on. You are one of the most genuine and caring people in the world. A God given gift you truly have been blessed with and you use it to brighten the lives of everyone you come in contact with. Our menu "Amazing" your staff was on top of everything all night. We will recommend Parkway Banquets to everyone we know. We will never forget your service and how much it meant to our perfect day.
    Many Blessings,

Larry · Married on 08/05/2016

Great service and advice on what to expect.

Scott · Married on 08/14/2015

Upon beginning our search for a reception venue, my Wife and I wanted a place that was scenic, welcoming, spacious, and affordable. Luckily for us, we went for a visit to "Parkway by the Lake" in Ingleside, Illinois.

We met with Jerry, who's the owner of the establishment. Right off the bat, he made us feel welcome and special. He worked with us and made sure we were 100% happy and comfortable with each decision we had to make.

From the first few minutes of being there, it was clear that this WAS the place my Wife and I wanted our reception at.

Our choice was a no-brainer, really.

Jerry and his staff put in 110% effort on our wedding/reception night this past August, and helped make our special day that much more fun and memorable.

If anyone reading this is ever thinking about using "Parkway by the Lake" for anything, especially a wedding reception, I say STOP thinking and go with this fine place. You won't regret it.

Jerry and his staff are top notch, professional, fun, and nice people.

I'll forever be thankful to "Parkway" and to Jerry for all he did for my Wife and I.

It was truly the "Party by the Lake."

- Mr. and Mrs. Keena

LeAnne · Married on 07/24/2015

Check out Parkway Banquets before going anywhere else. They are a full service facility and will make your wedding day exactly how you dreamed it would be. They do everything from start to finish and eliminate the possible stress a wedding can cause.

Christy · Married on 07/17/2015

I do not have enough GOOD things to say about Jerry and Parkway Banquets! He made the whole experience of planning our wedding so easy and with such little stress. My husband and I are very busy and had just 7 months to plan our wedding. Jerry provided excellent Bridal shows with all aspects of the wedding needs at our disposal to review and decide upon. The packages that he provided were cost effective and full of options and choices. He was ALWAYS available to answer our questions and provide any kind of insight we needed to make our decision making smooth and right and well, perfect! Simply one of the BEST days of our lives and so pleased that we got to spend it with Jerry and his crew! If we had to do it again we would definitely use Parkway!
    Sincerely,
    Mark and Christy Dodge
    Married 7/17/15

Erica · Married on 06/21/2015

We hosted our wedding at Parkway in 06/2015. It was absolutely perfect. Every step of the way, Jerry held our hand, pushed us to get what we wanted, and walked us through our day of flawlessly.
    From the first time meeting Jerry and taking a tour of Parkway, we were in love. We loved the view of the lake, the outdoor option, and that the venue literally includes EVERYTHING you need. It was by far the most reasonably priced venue for our budget.
    When we chose to sign a contract with Jerry, he was surprisingly open to negotiating terms, and getting us the best bang for our buck, and all the amenities that we needed. He is thorough, detail oriented, and focused on helping couples get what they want. he was complimentary and nice the whole process. Even when we came up for his bridal show (obviously he was VERY busy) he took the time out to talk to my now husband and I and our parents about the big day! You cannot get better customer service than that.
    I communicated with Jerry about the final details of the week before the wedding. It was in his hands, and I fully trusted him and his staff to create my dream venue. When I walked into the venue the day before the wedding for the rehearsal, I cried (I am teary eyed thinking of it!). His staff did an amazing job setting the tables, making the arch for our ceremony, the centerpieces and chair set up was perfect.
    The day of could not have gone better. Jerry was an amazing coordinator throughout the entire day. He was making sure we stayed on schedule, that his staff was prepared for any/all mishaps, and he spoke some of the kindest words to our guests. Despite a mishap with our DJ (which was completely our DJ's fault), Jerry and his staff made our day truly special. We hadn't even seen the surrounding area with foliage until the day of the wedding, and it was beautiful!
    I cannot say it enough, this place was organized, wonderful, efficient, communicative, detail

Kathy · Married on 05/24/2015

Our wedding will never be forgotten by friends or family because of Parkway Banquets. Besides the fact that they made every step of planning extremely easy and convenient, all of our guests raved about the food! My husband and I lived an hour from the venue, but Jerry always made communication open and simple. I still can not believe all the amazing things we had/did at our wedding for such a great cost! I now recommend Parkway to all of my friends who are recently engaged.

Excellent vendor very helpful!!

Bryan · Married on 02/28/2015

Jerry and the staff at Parkway Banquets were a blessing to us for our big day!! We looked at many venues and were very frustrated, when we came across Parkway's information on The Knot. It seemed like a good fit, and very much in line with what we were seeking-a one-stop location for the ceremony and reception, catering and decorations included, plus some scenic places for photos. After meeting with Jerry, we had no doubt this was the place! He gave us many options for the room set up, menus, decorations, etc. He was straightforward without being pushy, made suggestions without detracting us from our vision of our wedding day. The organization and support of Jerry, Michelle, Cathy and the staff were invaluable to us. They were supportive, encouraging, helpful and overall wonderful. I would absolutely go to Parkway first for an important event. Many thanks to the staff for everything!!

Marjorie · Married on 11/18/2014

We can't say enough positive things about our experience with Parkway Banquets. It is a very stressful time when you are planning a wedding and the Parkway made everything wonderful for all of us. Jerry handled every detail with such proffesionalism and care. We were able to enjoy yhe wedding to the fullest extent and had no worries what so ever. All the guests raved about the food and the service they recieved. There was no waiting for drinks, food or dancing. If you want a wedding planner, go to the Parkway, they do it all...in style!!