Paramount's Meyer Ballroom Reviews

60 | Aurora, IL

60 Reviews for Paramount's Meyer Ballroom

Alison · Married on 08/12/2017

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Paramount's Grand Gallery! We had our 190 person wedding in August in the Grand Gallery. The venue is absolutely stunning! We were looking for a venue that was different than the standard banquet hall, when we found the Paramount Theater. We were blown away with how beautiful everything turned out. With how stunning the theater is, center pieces and other wedding day decor was a breeze because the venue is so gorgeous on its own. On top of it all, the staff was superb! We worked with Kelsey and she was amazing...organized, friendly, knowledgable and quick to jump in when we needed some support, especially the day of the wedding. (We needed some extra microphones for the ceremony musicians, and Kelsey jumped in to get them set up, without hesitation.) For how stressful wedding planning can be, there was no stress when it came to matters of our venue. We can't even begin to describe how wonderful the staff and venue are. The space comfortably held all of our guests. The dance floor was perfectly centered for everyone to see and get to, even from the second floor. Overall we couldn't have asked for anything better! The Paramount was PERFECT!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Oh was a sweet testimonial! Thank you for taking your time to leave our future brides to be detailed feedback on our process. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our staff.
    We wish you all the best in your married life!

Madeleine · Married on 08/12/2017

We recently had our wedding reception at the Meyer Ballroom. The venue was absolutely perfect in both location and the Meyer Ballroom staff that helped make our event such a success.

For location, the room has a great view of the Fox river that adds a nice aesthetic during the day and is magical at night when the street lights come on. Our photographer used this as a setting for some extra pictures of my husband and I on the patio overlooking the river—an added bonus. (On a sidenote, many guests at our wedding also took advantage of the beautiful view and I’ve already noticed several Facebook friends who have updated their profile pictures with a family picture on the same patio. It’s just such a nice view.) It is also connected to the casino and not a far walk from Ballydoyle, which gives your guests a good place to go if they want the party to continue after the reception.

For staff, you are assigned a wedding coordinator as part of the wedding package. We worked with Jordan, who was wonderfully responsive and accommodating. I was definitely not ready to tackle all of the details that go into planning a reception, but Jordan was on top of everything and helped keep us on track. On the day of the event, she was there the entire day making sure that everything went off without a hitch. In addition to her professionalism, she is also incredibly pleasant and easy to work with.

With everything that is included, the Meyer Ballroom offers a very competitive wedding package. This also made it a no brainer for my husband and I to pick the Meyer Ballroom as our reception venue. I would recommend to any bride to check out the Meyer Ballroom. With the convergence of wonderful staff, location, and a valuable wedding package, this was a dream location for us and an event that we and our family will remember fondly for years to come.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Amy · event on: 08/05/2017

The Aurora Public Library has hosted its Teen Talent Show and Competition at the Copley Theatre for seven years. The professional sound and lighting has made it the perfect place for our show. Our teen performers love the experience so much that many try out for the competition year after year until they are no longer teenagers. Everyone at the venue has been easy to work with through the years, especially Bill Pope, who gave us a tour and tips on how to have a successful show.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

It's a pleasure to work with you, Amy, every year! Our staff looks forward to seeing all of Aurora's young talent. We can't wait for 2018!

Bridget · Married on 07/29/2017

The staff at The Meyer Ballroom did a wonderful job with our wedding. Jordan, the coordinator was responsive, understanding, and very detailed-orientated. She covered all the details to make sure we were happy with our special day. This venue is beautiful, and the staff is nothing but kind and helpful. I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments, and for being such a pleasure to work with!
    We wish you both all the best!

Jordyn · Married on 07/15/2017

We held our art-deco themed wedding reception in the Paramount's Grand Gallery in July 2017, and we cannot thank Kelsey enough for her work on our special day. From set-up the day before to take-down after the reception ended, she was a machine. Her communication was clear, her processes were efficient, and we didn't have to worry about a thing from the second we arrived to the moment we left after the perfect night. Plus, the entire staff working our wedding was cheerful and polite. I'd recommend the Grand Gallery to anyone looking to have a unique, glamorous, memorable heck of a party.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much! I am so glad you did not have to worry about anything on your wedding day, since that is our ultimate goal!

April · Married on 07/07/2017

We were married at the Grand Gallery earlier this month (ceremony and reception). Everything was exactly how I dreamed it would be. From the venue tour back a 18 months ago to the clean up after The wedding, the staff was friendly and accommodating every step of the way. We appreciated the day of coordinator, Briana, ( who was a rockstar!) she helped so much with contacting vendors and making sure everything was in and on time for the day. We wanted a unique venue that our guests would never forget. We loved the ease of planning and the beauty and charm of the theatre itself. We have gotten so many compliments and are sure we will continue to get them years down the road!! Thank you!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much for the outstanding testimonial! We are so glad all our staff from start to finish, made your wedding everything you dreamed of.
    We wish you both all the best!

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I were recently married and had our reception in the Grand Gallery. Every details of the day was perfect and the staff were amazing. During the planning process every question I had was answered quickly which was a big relief since we were planning our wedding from 6 hours away. This venue is perfect for any couple looking for a venue that offers a class, romantic, and elegant feel.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I were married here this past June and had the most wonderful experience having our wedding and reception in the Grand Gallery. The setting was so perfect for us and the staff was so accommodating to everything we needed or asked for. They made this experience a very easy one and our guests are still talking about what an amazing time they had at our wedding.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Allison · Married on 05/20/2017

The Paramount Ballroom was a wonderful place to have my wedding! The staff was super helpful, and it was great place to plan from states away! 10/10 would recommend :)

Sent on 08/01/2017

Amy · event on: 05/01/2017

West Aurora High School used the space at the Paramount North Center for all of our Advanced Placement (AP) exam administration for the first two weeks in May. The staff was superb and our students had a wonderful, quiet testing experience. Thank you.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Kim · event on: 03/14/2017

Aurora Downtown, an organization of property and business owners, held our mayoral forum here for the 2017 election. Planning began before the primary, so we had 4 candidates schedules to work with - along with the Sweeney Todd shows to work around.

The Paramount staff was above and beyond accommodating from the signing of the contract to the day of event details, they even sat in on committee meetings to make sure they didn't miss a beat. From Bill Pope to Jenna Hahn, I can not say enough good things about their professionalism and flexibility in making our event a success. They were truly a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with them again.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Emily · Married on 10/29/2016

I'm a fellow vendor (wedding specialist from Howl2Go dueling pianos) and working with Kelsey and everyone at the Meyer Ballroom was wonderful. They were all so helpful before and after the event we did, and everyone has that team mentality which helps weddings go so smoothly! All of your vendors have the same goal to make sure your wedding goes off without a hitch, and to work with people committed to working together to make that happen is refreshing and successful. The wedding went great and left everybody happy! Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Lavern · Married on 07/08/2016

This was the best place you can have your wedding..very beautiful me and my wife loved it..and kelsey was our coordinator and was there for every aspect of the wedding..

Sent on 07/28/2016
  • User6683949 · event on: 04/23/2016

We love working with the Paramount! They understand and help with all questions we have. They are able to ask questions about our event that we haven't even thought of so that we have no hiccups the day of the event. Everything was set up beautifully and when we had an issue come up, they easily helped us out. Definitely went above and beyond the call of duty!

Sent on 05/09/2016

angela · Married on 11/14/2015

I had a last minute wedding due to my mother being very ill. The staff at Paramount Meyer Ballroom were simply amazing and made sure the wedding of my dreams came true. Thank you Bill, Jennifer, and Mandy.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Jenny · event on: 11/02/2015

We held 2 days worth of catered events at the Meyer Ballroom. Kelsey made everything seamless. She was patient, kind and had everything set. I felt confident and comfortable from the beginning, she had this. I would highly recommend having anything here. The view is beautiful, staff is incredible and the location is ideal.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Cort · event on: 10/30/2015

The Aurora Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has planned annual meeting and board of directors events at the Meyer Ballroom and have always received outstanding service and accommodations. The central location in the heart of downtown Aurora is perfect for regional meetings and events with great lodging options close by.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Cort! We love being part of such a close community and supporting the City of Aurora in any way we can!

Regina · event on: 08/28/2015

We held a corporate event at the Paramount Theatre in August. It was spacious, pretty, and large enough for 350 people to move around. We were able to have a nice catered lunch, team building events, and corporate presentations with ease. This is a great place to book for an event!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Cassie · Married on 07/18/2015

My husband and I had our reception there at the end of July. We got engaged in February so it was quick planning and the Paramount was amazing the entire way. The space itself was beautiful and a great value (we were not looking to spend a lot). It overlooks the river with a whole wall of windows and has pretty dark laminate/wood floors. Everyone we worked with was very responsive and professional. Kelsey was our coordinator and she was AMAZING! She was so helpful along the way and went over every detail with me, especially the ones I hadn't even though of. She was patient with my indecision because I really didn't have a specific way I wanted anything done, just wanted everyone to have a fun night! Also, parking the night of really wasn't an issue! They provide the bar package and you use an outside local caterer from a list they provide (we used Enticing Cuisine). If you are looking for a local venue with an affordable price, the Meyer Ballroom is the way to go!

Sent on 08/29/2015

I had the honor and privilege of officiating a wedding ceremony and asked to stay as a guest for dinner. The staff is fantastic, friendly and go out of their way to accommodate anything in their power. Cocktail hour began and this is when the staff kicked into high gear making last minute changes to seating requests and whatever else the couple needed before dinner. I was impressed by the food and amount of food served during cocktail hour. Dinner was buffet style and my table was the last called up to get in line for food. I thought it will be cold, soggy and blah (like many reception buffets). It was hot, fresh and FABULOUS! The photographer and I were both shocked at the top notch quality of the food. I do 60 weddings per year so it takes a lot to impress me and Meyers Ballroom did it. Hope to be a guest again in the near future. Many Blessings, Rev. Victoria Burnett

Sent on 10/01/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/06/2013

I did not expect to enjoy the actual day of my daughter's wedding as much as I did, I thought that as the mother of the bride that I would have to "manage" the event, but the whole day was a blast, due in large part to all of the pre-planning that was done with members of the Paramount staff prior to the big day. They were extremely thorough and helped us to plan out and realize our vision so that the day of the wedding went very smoothly and we could enjoy the day with our guests without any unexpected bumps. The venue is beautiful all by itself, but they allowed us to bring in a lot of personal touches with photography and floral, a unique table arrangement and a signature drink. We had cocktail hour in the original lobby, dinner in the Grand Gallery and dancing on the stage. All of the vendors and staff worked together to make it an extra special event and it was amazing! We even received thank you notes from some of the guests for inviting them to attend. It was an unforgettable day from start to finish.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Emily · Married on 08/06/2016

We used the Grand Gallery which is the venue across the street. We were so surprised that we could get our wedding date and it was the easiest choice we made. The vendors provided were amazing and we could do little things that made our wedding so personable without the high cost. Included is the best open bar choice you could ask for, a great event manager that actually listens to everything you ask for, and a HUGE venue space! We picked the best option, and our guests reactions and pictures show it!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Katherine Reinertson · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly Recommend

We had our ceremony and reception at the Meyer Ballroom and couldn't have been happier with the outcome! We were so lucky with the weather and the ceremony on the outdoor plaza turned out lovely. Kelsey (our coordinator) was such an amazing help when preparing for our big day! We highly recommend this venue for all future brides and grooms!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Katherine, we're so happy to hear all your wonderful remarks. It really was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding. All of the personal touches were heart warming and showcased your and Austin's relationship perfectly. Congratulations again!

Jill · event on: 12/04/2017

We have hosted a number of Events at the Copley theater and ballrooms and the staff is super helpful and accommodating. Kelsey is wonderful. They are easy to work with and the space is lovely. Would definitely recommend the venue

Sent on 12/06/2017

Ginny · event on: 08/30/2017

We held our author event with Senator Bernie Sanders at the Paramount Theater and had a wonderful experience! We will definitely be calling them again!

Sent on 11/08/2017