Paramount's Meyer Ballroom Reviews

60 | Aurora, IL

60 Reviews for Paramount's Meyer Ballroom

• Lauren

Lauren Daunheimer · Getting married on 11/27/2020

A magical experience I'll never forget!

Ballroom was the first and only place we looked at for our wedding ceremony and reception. We are SO glad we did. Kelsey, Breanne and Sam were the most amazing women to work with! While Kelsey started with us she soon was promoted to a new position and Breanne took over and she didn't miss a beat. She knew all our details and what we wanted and was an excellent communicator. The setting is beautiful, the atmosphere is everything I could've ever wanted. If you are looking for a place to have both ceremony and reception then look no further. If I could do it over again I would choose Meyer Ballroom every time. It does not disappoint and the photos from the downtown Aurora area are exquisite. Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/12/2020

Scott Fryzel · Married on 08/15/2020

Perfect Setting

The Meyer Ballroom is the perfect setting for a wedding. It is located next to the river in the heart of downtown Aurora and we could not have asked for a better venue. Breanne and her staff were professional and had everything under control. Without a doubt, I highly recommend the Meyer Ballroom.

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole Gutzwiller · Married on 04/11/2020

Beautiful Venue and Excellent Staff for an Effortless Day

This is a beautiful venue for both ceremony and reception! Especially the atrium after the remodel, it is simply gorgeous. Not only did the venue and location work great for us, but the staff really is what got us to choose the Meyer Ballroom as our venue. From our first interaction at a wedding expo to the first and second visits, throughout the whole process of getting to our big day everyone has been spectacular and quick to respond to emails, specifically Kelsey and Breanne. Breanne was our coordinator for the day (which is a huge plus since you don't get that everywhere). She is so kind and accommodating and always checking in and helping making sure everything is running smoothly. She made the day feel effortless. We truly recommend this to anyone looking for the place to say, "I do!"

Sent on 01/16/2020

Bethanne · Married on 12/21/2019

Perfect from Start to Finish

John and I were so impressed with the ballroom
    And the quality of service we received from
    Kelsey and Briana. They made our wedding day and reception perfect. Everything went as planned and we thank you all for that.

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Abbey

Abbey Hertel · Married on 10/26/2019

Our wedding at Paramount’s Meyer Ballroom was a dream

We just got married at Paramount’s Meyer Ballroom on October 26, 2019. Everything was so perfect and exactly what I wanted. They have multiple options for where you want your ceremony to be. We chose the staircase of the atrium and it looked so beautiful. They also provide a list of preferred vendors which helps with the craziness of choosing between places! Breanne was our day of coordinator and it was extremely helpful to have her around (and deliver champagne to the bridal suite every 5 minutes)! She made sure everything went smoothly from set up to take down. Overall, Paramount’s Meyer Ballroom is nothing less than amazing. We had so many compliments all night about the beautiful venue and friendly staff. I highly recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better place to get married

From the first email through the wedding day Paramount provided the best customer service I've ever experienced. We worked with Kelsey and she was amazing. No matter what problem I had, late rsvp changes or forgetting to plan a vendor dinner table, she had a solution. She was there for us again on the big day making sure everything went smoothly and helping us with set it. She helped make it so I could actually relax and enjoy my day. The beautiful, recently renovated, atrium was the perfect atmosphere for our ceremony and the view of the fox river from the ballroom was breathtaking. To top it all off they have a large bridal suite equipped with it's own private bathroom so I didn't have to worry about someone seeing me before it was time. I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married. When you book with Paramount, you're not just booking you're venue, they are so much more!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Venue

From our first visit to our wedding day the event coordinator staff (especially Kelsey) were phenomenal. They did everything they could to help us in every step throughout the planning process and make our day special. Kelsey’s professionalism, ability to work with us to stay in our budget, easy and prompt communication, and vendor and picture location recommendations were just a few reasons why the Meyer Ballroom was perfect for us. The valet and ticket vouchers were perfect added touches to make our planning easier. Our wedding day was perfect and we owe most of that to Kelsey and the Meyer Ballroom.

Sent on 11/03/2019

breanna · Married on 08/10/2019

Blissfully happy

Briann was so helpful with putting together this event. She was kind a gracious to all my family and friends throughout the set up. She made me feel comfortable with all the decisions and helped us with a few additional requests that we wanted apart of our wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Christina

Christina Hoblin-Lamorena · Married on 06/22/2019

A beautiful venue with incredible staff!

Working with the Paramount for our ceremony and reception was incredible. They helped us keep track of everything and made planning a breeze. They provide a coordinator to assist in the planning process- Kelsey was amazing! She helped answer every question we had, sent friendly reminders, and was there the entire day to help with each and every detail- pinning corsages, making sure our guests were comfortable, keeping us hydrated, everything. She always asked us our thoughts and preferences on how we pictured our wedding, and went above and beyond in all ways possible. We can't thank her enough!

The venue itself is beautifully maintained and has been recently renovated, has an awesome and fresh "bridal" suite with private bathroom, along with a separate room for the other bride/groom, and plenty of space for guests to move around, both in and outdoors. The river walk creates a great atmosphere, and the windows let in so much natural light. Tons of photo ops to boot!

We could not recommend this venue more! Thank you to everyone at Paramount for making our day simply perfect!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah · Married on 05/25/2019

Couldn't be more pleased. Great value, over-the-top service.

In the midst of a season full of stress, working with the Paramount Theater/Meyer Ballroom team was bliss, and I truly mean that. I'm so grateful that we chose our venue first, because the Meyer Ballroom team was such a help with the rest of our wedding planning, and they handled so many of the details for us. From the very first venue visit to the follow-up emails after our event, I knew I could trust this venue with my wedding vision, my guests, and my budget. Kind, honest, thorough, and prompt communication from all staff members. Expert help from professional event coordinators. Wonderfully thoughtful extra touches (ask about the favors they provide for each of your wedding guests!). And absolutely gorgeous surroundings. We had an absolute blast at our Meyer Ballroom wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Nicole Collins · Married on 04/26/2019

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom

My husband and I just recently got married here about a week and a half ago and I couldn't be more pleased with everything! My coordinator, Briana, was so helpful and responded quickly to all of my questions. The venue itself is already beautiful so we only had to decorate a little bit. They recently just remodeled everything and it is amazing. I couldn't have chosen a better place to have the best day of my life. A big thank you to the staff that made my special day possible!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Liz Havenga · Married on 12/01/2018

Lovely and Kind

The most kind and understanding staff. Very accomodatiing but open and honest about what is possible.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Chris · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful venue and AMAZING coordinator!

This venue was absolutely amazing for our wedding! We were able to have our ceremony in the Copley Theater which was the perfect place for us and our Movie Night theme. Kelsey, as our coordinator, was AWESOME! She was on top of everything from the vendors, to the staff, to our families and the bridal party. Meyer Ballroom was the perfect place for us to have our wedding and it exceeded all of our expectations!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2018

down the aisle to become a dial

Our night at Meyer Ballroom was amazing, Briana was very helpful and quickly responsive through the whole planning process. I was shocked to see at the end of my wedding Briana was still there making sure everything ran smoothly until the very last minute.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Nicole! I loved being part of your big day! I'm so glad your night went smoothly and hope you are enjoying married life!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful!

The Meyer Ballroom was an incredible venue for my wedding! Kelsey Swindle (my coordinator) was so, so helpful and supported my husband and I with any questions we had! The day of, she helped make everything run incredibly smooth, even when there were last minute twists that she wasn't (and we weren't) aware of. Overall, I would highly recommend The Paramount!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Kelsey your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! From your amazing dress to the delicious Culver's Custard Cart, it was absolutely perfect! We wish nothing but the best to you and Sergio!

NIcole · Married on 08/31/2018

We are so glad that we chose the Meyer Ballroom for our wedding ceremony and reception. From day 1, they were willing to work with us to make sure we they met our needs. Also, they gave all of our guests a ticket to see one of the shows at the Paramount Theater as a favor. Compared to other venues we looked at, we felt that the Meyer Ballroom was the best value. They offered a few bar packages to choose from and also let you choose your own caterer. We also loved the location. Being in downtown Aurora on the river walk, there were a lot of different spots within walking distance that we were able to use for our wedding photos. We also loved the the Meyer Ballroom had so many windows with a nice view of the river. I'd highly recommend this venue for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 08/18/2018

Couldn't be more perfect

When we were looking at wedding venues my heart ached to get married at the Meyer ballroom in the evening. We were not quite sure how we were gonna do it but we took the plunge! And I must say it was one of the greatest decisions we have made. The staff at the Paramount events made wedding planning a breeze and answered all my questions without any hesitation. They're amazing list of vendors were so helpful. The venue is so beautiful that we didn't feel like we needed to over decorate. Downtown Aurora gave us the slight feel of a Chicago wedding without all the craziness. We couldn't have picked a better place to say I do. We are so thankful for the amazing staff that held our hands throughout the process!

Kenny and Gabbie

Sent on 11/16/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Kenny and Gabbie, your wedding was simply elegant and so full of sweet sentiments. We are so grateful to have played a small part in your big day! Congratulations again!

Akshada · Married on 08/10/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at the Paramount's Grand Gallery and it was GRAND. Kelsey was our event coordinator and she was awesome to work with. My husband and I planned most of the wedding as our bridal party was out of town and had a lot of last minute things to take care of. Kelsey was an angel in disguise as she helped us handle all the last minute things. Kelsey was very accommodating of what we wanted and suggested a few things we could do differently. We gave her the USB for our pictures to display at the day of rehearsal which was very last minute and she made it happen. As a bride I was not sure about a lot of the details like if I have enough breath mints or to-go cake boxes and Kelsey ensured I had just the right amount. Our guests were in awe of the venue. The custom marquee sign and red carpet added extra bling and made both us and our guests feel like celebrities. We LOVED the dance floor setting and the entire setup. The staff was very attentive to all the guests and ensured all the glasses were filled and the guests were taken care of. Both the guests and the bride and groom had a wonderful experience. Thank you Paramount for not only making our dream wedding come true, but also making it a PERFECT day!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Elaina · Married on 06/02/2018

Book with Meyer Ballroom, you won't regret it! We absolutely loved every moment of our wedding here and we couldn't have pulled off our dream day without the knowledge and fun staff at Meyer!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Elaina, Thank you for your review. It was an honor to work with you on making your wedding dream come to life! I loved all of your natural decor with pops of purple throughout! It was truly a beautiful evening. -Jordan

Allison · Married on 04/27/2018

The Meyer Ballroom is a gorgeous place to have a wedding. We picked the location because of the wall of all windows facing the river. There is a really nice patio as well. The staff at the Meyer Ballroom are great. They are very flexible on meeting times and working with your schedule. They are great at helping to guide you through the wedding planning process.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Genna · Married on 11/04/2017

When searching for a venue everyone here was so friendly and helpful. I'm so happy we decided to get married here! The venue was beautiful and their wedding coordinator Jordan was SO helpful, she answered every email immediately even over the weekend.. she helped set everything up and take everything down, I can't say enough good things about her and everyone involved. It was the best day ever AND my guests LOVED their free tickets to see a show at the paramount :)

Sent on 11/12/2017
  • W

Will · Married on 10/14/2017

The venue is absolutely beautiful! The staff we worked with (and I think over the course of our time with the Meyer Ballroom, we met everyone) all were helpful and responsive to our needs. I strongly encourage anyone to consider hosting their reception at the Meyer Ballroom.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

Where do I begin? Bill Pope & Kelsey Swindle were absolutely amazing. We have 0 complaints. From the moment Bill showed us the spaces and gave us a tour, we both felt strongly we had found our wedding venue home. Bill was Everything, I really want to emphasize that. Very thorough, very friendly, and after the rest of our tours that day of different venues, BILL sold us on paramount. The beautiful spaces helped a bit too, I suppose ;)

Bill also handled my many emails and was extremely attention to detail in helping me understand the contract. And I had a lot of questions. Bill was an absolute dream to work with. I attempted to ask him to come to the wedding very early on!

And Kelsey was a serious walking angel on Earth. She also handled my many emails with fantastic response time and handled our vendors by calling them to set up deliveries the day of. I have tears in my eyes writing this because we are SO THRILLED with the level of service Bill & Kelsey provided. Unmatched by anyone else. And we have 4 other venue tours to prove it! :)
    We used the Copley theater for our ceremony, the atrium for cocktail hour, and the Meyer ballroom for reception. The Copley was really fun and the stagehand Craig helped make the ceremony whimsical with his sound, lighting, and curtain know-how. There's even a backstage area to take fun photos in or get ready in. The atrium sells itself and we were able to print large movie posters to pop into their frames to showcase (we loved this unique addition). The ballroom also sells itself. The long glass windows show the fox river. The wood floors can input a dance floor anywhere in the room that you want.

Well done, Kelsey and Bill! It was you two who made our day what it was. The spaces only helped make our photos beautiful. THANK YOU a million times over.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Katie, thank you for the wonderful comments! You and Kyle were a blast to work with. Not only were you organized, you were laid back and so much fun. From the Jurassic Park music to all the balloons, your wedding was perfectly unique to you! Congratulations again; we wish you both every happiness.

Valerie · Married on 09/29/2017

We had our wedding ceremony at the Copley Theatre and our reception at the Meyer Ballroom last weekend. It was by far one of the best choices that we made! Everyone on their staff is very helpful and made our day so special. The entire venue is very beautiful and we highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Marina · Married on 09/16/2017

We really enjoyed working with Briana. She was incredibly helpful, responsive and attentive. She worked hard to ensure our day went exactly how we wanted it without allowing external opinions to over rule. Our guests had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the scenery that came along with the venue.

Sent on 08/06/2018