Paramount's Meyer Ballroom Reviews

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom 2
Paramount's Meyer Ballroom 3
  • Christina

Christina Hoblin-Lamorena · Married on 06/22/2019

A beautiful venue with incredible staff!

Working with the Paramount for our ceremony and reception was incredible. They helped us keep track of everything and made planning a breeze. They provide a coordinator to assist in the planning process- Kelsey was amazing! She helped answer every question we had, sent friendly reminders, and was there the entire day to help with each and every detail- pinning corsages, making sure our guests were comfortable, keeping us hydrated, everything. She always asked us our thoughts and preferences on how we pictured our wedding, and went above and beyond in all ways possible. We can't thank her enough!

The venue itself is beautifully maintained and has been recently renovated, has an awesome and fresh "bridal" suite with private bathroom, along with a separate room for the other bride/groom, and plenty of space for guests to move around, both in and outdoors. The river walk creates a great atmosphere, and the windows let in so much natural light. Tons of photo ops to boot!

We could not recommend this venue more! Thank you to everyone at Paramount for making our day simply perfect!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Nicole Collins · Married on 04/26/2019

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom

My husband and I just recently got married here about a week and a half ago and I couldn't be more pleased with everything! My coordinator, Briana, was so helpful and responded quickly to all of my questions. The venue itself is already beautiful so we only had to decorate a little bit. They recently just remodeled everything and it is amazing. I couldn't have chosen a better place to have the best day of my life. A big thank you to the staff that made my special day possible!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Liz Havenga · Married on 12/01/2018

Lovely and Kind

The most kind and understanding staff. Very accomodatiing but open and honest about what is possible.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Chris · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful venue and AMAZING coordinator!

This venue was absolutely amazing for our wedding! We were able to have our ceremony in the Copley Theater which was the perfect place for us and our Movie Night theme. Kelsey, as our coordinator, was AWESOME! She was on top of everything from the vendors, to the staff, to our families and the bridal party. Meyer Ballroom was the perfect place for us to have our wedding and it exceeded all of our expectations!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2018

down the aisle to become a dial

Our night at Meyer Ballroom was amazing, Briana was very helpful and quickly responsive through the whole planning process. I was shocked to see at the end of my wedding Briana was still there making sure everything ran smoothly until the very last minute.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Nicole! I loved being part of your big day! I'm so glad your night went smoothly and hope you are enjoying married life!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful!

The Meyer Ballroom was an incredible venue for my wedding! Kelsey Swindle (my coordinator) was so, so helpful and supported my husband and I with any questions we had! The day of, she helped make everything run incredibly smooth, even when there were last minute twists that she wasn't (and we weren't) aware of. Overall, I would highly recommend The Paramount!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Kelsey your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! From your amazing dress to the delicious Culver's Custard Cart, it was absolutely perfect! We wish nothing but the best to you and Sergio!

NIcole · Married on 08/31/2018

We are so glad that we chose the Meyer Ballroom for our wedding ceremony and reception. From day 1, they were willing to work with us to make sure we they met our needs. Also, they gave all of our guests a ticket to see one of the shows at the Paramount Theater as a favor. Compared to other venues we looked at, we felt that the Meyer Ballroom was the best value. They offered a few bar packages to choose from and also let you choose your own caterer. We also loved the location. Being in downtown Aurora on the river walk, there were a lot of different spots within walking distance that we were able to use for our wedding photos. We also loved the the Meyer Ballroom had so many windows with a nice view of the river. I'd highly recommend this venue for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 08/18/2018

Couldn't be more perfect

When we were looking at wedding venues my heart ached to get married at the Meyer ballroom in the evening. We were not quite sure how we were gonna do it but we took the plunge! And I must say it was one of the greatest decisions we have made. The staff at the Paramount events made wedding planning a breeze and answered all my questions without any hesitation. They're amazing list of vendors were so helpful. The venue is so beautiful that we didn't feel like we needed to over decorate. Downtown Aurora gave us the slight feel of a Chicago wedding without all the craziness. We couldn't have picked a better place to say I do. We are so thankful for the amazing staff that held our hands throughout the process!

Kenny and Gabbie

Sent on 11/16/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Kenny and Gabbie, your wedding was simply elegant and so full of sweet sentiments. We are so grateful to have played a small part in your big day! Congratulations again!

Akshada · Married on 08/10/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at the Paramount's Grand Gallery and it was GRAND. Kelsey was our event coordinator and she was awesome to work with. My husband and I planned most of the wedding as our bridal party was out of town and had a lot of last minute things to take care of. Kelsey was an angel in disguise as she helped us handle all the last minute things. Kelsey was very accommodating of what we wanted and suggested a few things we could do differently. We gave her the USB for our pictures to display at the day of rehearsal which was very last minute and she made it happen. As a bride I was not sure about a lot of the details like if I have enough breath mints or to-go cake boxes and Kelsey ensured I had just the right amount. Our guests were in awe of the venue. The custom marquee sign and red carpet added extra bling and made both us and our guests feel like celebrities. We LOVED the dance floor setting and the entire setup. The staff was very attentive to all the guests and ensured all the glasses were filled and the guests were taken care of. Both the guests and the bride and groom had a wonderful experience. Thank you Paramount for not only making our dream wedding come true, but also making it a PERFECT day!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Elaina · Married on 06/02/2018

Book with Meyer Ballroom, you won't regret it! We absolutely loved every moment of our wedding here and we couldn't have pulled off our dream day without the knowledge and fun staff at Meyer!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Elaina, Thank you for your review. It was an honor to work with you on making your wedding dream come to life! I loved all of your natural decor with pops of purple throughout! It was truly a beautiful evening. -Jordan

Allison · Married on 04/27/2018

The Meyer Ballroom is a gorgeous place to have a wedding. We picked the location because of the wall of all windows facing the river. There is a really nice patio as well. The staff at the Meyer Ballroom are great. They are very flexible on meeting times and working with your schedule. They are great at helping to guide you through the wedding planning process.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Genna · Married on 11/04/2017

When searching for a venue everyone here was so friendly and helpful. I'm so happy we decided to get married here! The venue was beautiful and their wedding coordinator Jordan was SO helpful, she answered every email immediately even over the weekend.. she helped set everything up and take everything down, I can't say enough good things about her and everyone involved. It was the best day ever AND my guests LOVED their free tickets to see a show at the paramount :)

Sent on 11/12/2017
  • W

Will · Married on 10/14/2017

The venue is absolutely beautiful! The staff we worked with (and I think over the course of our time with the Meyer Ballroom, we met everyone) all were helpful and responsive to our needs. I strongly encourage anyone to consider hosting their reception at the Meyer Ballroom.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

Where do I begin? Bill Pope & Kelsey Swindle were absolutely amazing. We have 0 complaints. From the moment Bill showed us the spaces and gave us a tour, we both felt strongly we had found our wedding venue home. Bill was Everything, I really want to emphasize that. Very thorough, very friendly, and after the rest of our tours that day of different venues, BILL sold us on paramount. The beautiful spaces helped a bit too, I suppose ;)

Bill also handled my many emails and was extremely attention to detail in helping me understand the contract. And I had a lot of questions. Bill was an absolute dream to work with. I attempted to ask him to come to the wedding very early on!

And Kelsey was a serious walking angel on Earth. She also handled my many emails with fantastic response time and handled our vendors by calling them to set up deliveries the day of. I have tears in my eyes writing this because we are SO THRILLED with the level of service Bill & Kelsey provided. Unmatched by anyone else. And we have 4 other venue tours to prove it! :)
    We used the Copley theater for our ceremony, the atrium for cocktail hour, and the Meyer ballroom for reception. The Copley was really fun and the stagehand Craig helped make the ceremony whimsical with his sound, lighting, and curtain know-how. There's even a backstage area to take fun photos in or get ready in. The atrium sells itself and we were able to print large movie posters to pop into their frames to showcase (we loved this unique addition). The ballroom also sells itself. The long glass windows show the fox river. The wood floors can input a dance floor anywhere in the room that you want.

Well done, Kelsey and Bill! It was you two who made our day what it was. The spaces only helped make our photos beautiful. THANK YOU a million times over.

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Paramount's Meyer Ballroom 4

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Katie, thank you for the wonderful comments! You and Kyle were a blast to work with. Not only were you organized, you were laid back and so much fun. From the Jurassic Park music to all the balloons, your wedding was perfectly unique to you! Congratulations again; we wish you both every happiness.

Valerie · Married on 09/29/2017

We had our wedding ceremony at the Copley Theatre and our reception at the Meyer Ballroom last weekend. It was by far one of the best choices that we made! Everyone on their staff is very helpful and made our day so special. The entire venue is very beautiful and we highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Marina · Married on 09/16/2017

We really enjoyed working with Briana. She was incredibly helpful, responsive and attentive. She worked hard to ensure our day went exactly how we wanted it without allowing external opinions to over rule. Our guests had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the scenery that came along with the venue.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Alison · Married on 08/12/2017

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Paramount's Grand Gallery! We had our 190 person wedding in August in the Grand Gallery. The venue is absolutely stunning! We were looking for a venue that was different than the standard banquet hall, when we found the Paramount Theater. We were blown away with how beautiful everything turned out. With how stunning the theater is, center pieces and other wedding day decor was a breeze because the venue is so gorgeous on its own. On top of it all, the staff was superb! We worked with Kelsey and she was amazing...organized, friendly, knowledgable and quick to jump in when we needed some support, especially the day of the wedding. (We needed some extra microphones for the ceremony musicians, and Kelsey jumped in to get them set up, without hesitation.) For how stressful wedding planning can be, there was no stress when it came to matters of our venue. We can't even begin to describe how wonderful the staff and venue are. The space comfortably held all of our guests. The dance floor was perfectly centered for everyone to see and get to, even from the second floor. Overall we couldn't have asked for anything better! The Paramount was PERFECT!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Oh was a sweet testimonial! Thank you for taking your time to leave our future brides to be detailed feedback on our process. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our staff.
    We wish you all the best in your married life!

Madeleine · Married on 08/12/2017

We recently had our wedding reception at the Meyer Ballroom. The venue was absolutely perfect in both location and the Meyer Ballroom staff that helped make our event such a success.

For location, the room has a great view of the Fox river that adds a nice aesthetic during the day and is magical at night when the street lights come on. Our photographer used this as a setting for some extra pictures of my husband and I on the patio overlooking the river—an added bonus. (On a sidenote, many guests at our wedding also took advantage of the beautiful view and I’ve already noticed several Facebook friends who have updated their profile pictures with a family picture on the same patio. It’s just such a nice view.) It is also connected to the casino and not a far walk from Ballydoyle, which gives your guests a good place to go if they want the party to continue after the reception.

For staff, you are assigned a wedding coordinator as part of the wedding package. We worked with Jordan, who was wonderfully responsive and accommodating. I was definitely not ready to tackle all of the details that go into planning a reception, but Jordan was on top of everything and helped keep us on track. On the day of the event, she was there the entire day making sure that everything went off without a hitch. In addition to her professionalism, she is also incredibly pleasant and easy to work with.

With everything that is included, the Meyer Ballroom offers a very competitive wedding package. This also made it a no brainer for my husband and I to pick the Meyer Ballroom as our reception venue. I would recommend to any bride to check out the Meyer Ballroom. With the convergence of wonderful staff, location, and a valuable wedding package, this was a dream location for us and an event that we and our family will remember fondly for years to come.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Amy · event on 08/05/2017

The Aurora Public Library has hosted its Teen Talent Show and Competition at the Copley Theatre for seven years. The professional sound and lighting has made it the perfect place for our show. Our teen performers love the experience so much that many try out for the competition year after year until they are no longer teenagers. Everyone at the venue has been easy to work with through the years, especially Bill Pope, who gave us a tour and tips on how to have a successful show.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

It's a pleasure to work with you, Amy, every year! Our staff looks forward to seeing all of Aurora's young talent. We can't wait for 2018!

Bridget · Married on 07/29/2017

The staff at The Meyer Ballroom did a wonderful job with our wedding. Jordan, the coordinator was responsive, understanding, and very detailed-orientated. She covered all the details to make sure we were happy with our special day. This venue is beautiful, and the staff is nothing but kind and helpful. I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments, and for being such a pleasure to work with!
    We wish you both all the best!

Jordyn · Married on 07/15/2017

We held our art-deco themed wedding reception in the Paramount's Grand Gallery in July 2017, and we cannot thank Kelsey enough for her work on our special day. From set-up the day before to take-down after the reception ended, she was a machine. Her communication was clear, her processes were efficient, and we didn't have to worry about a thing from the second we arrived to the moment we left after the perfect night. Plus, the entire staff working our wedding was cheerful and polite. I'd recommend the Grand Gallery to anyone looking to have a unique, glamorous, memorable heck of a party.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thanks so much! I am so glad you did not have to worry about anything on your wedding day, since that is our ultimate goal!

April · Married on 07/07/2017

We were married at the Grand Gallery earlier this month (ceremony and reception). Everything was exactly how I dreamed it would be. From the venue tour back a 18 months ago to the clean up after The wedding, the staff was friendly and accommodating every step of the way. We appreciated the day of coordinator, Briana, ( who was a rockstar!) she helped so much with contacting vendors and making sure everything was in and on time for the day. We wanted a unique venue that our guests would never forget. We loved the ease of planning and the beauty and charm of the theatre itself. We have gotten so many compliments and are sure we will continue to get them years down the road!! Thank you!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much for the outstanding testimonial! We are so glad all our staff from start to finish, made your wedding everything you dreamed of.
    We wish you both all the best!

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I were recently married and had our reception in the Grand Gallery. Every details of the day was perfect and the staff were amazing. During the planning process every question I had was answered quickly which was a big relief since we were planning our wedding from 6 hours away. This venue is perfect for any couple looking for a venue that offers a class, romantic, and elegant feel.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I were married here this past June and had the most wonderful experience having our wedding and reception in the Grand Gallery. The setting was so perfect for us and the staff was so accommodating to everything we needed or asked for. They made this experience a very easy one and our guests are still talking about what an amazing time they had at our wedding.

Sent on 02/20/2018