Paper Heart Photography Reviews

Paper Heart Photography 5
Paper Heart Photography 6
Paper Heart Photography 7

Melisa · Married on 07/09/2016

Kate was incredibly kind and had a smile on her face every moment of our interactions together, from our first meeting over breakfast to our wedding day when she flitted around tirelessly catching every shot we'd talked about and many more. She was incredibly professional as well, answering correspondence in a timely manner and making sure every detail was taken care of and planned out before our big day. She was hands down THE MOST AFFORDABLE wedding photographer we could find that provided the quality we were looking for in our photos. And the photos! Oh my goodness, they are perfect and beautiful in every way, extremely high quality with gorgeous editing work, and we got SO MANY for the price! Kate made my husband and I feel completely comfortable in front of the camera and made us look our best, and the results are breathtaking. Perhaps one of the best things about Paper Heart Photography is that we have the rights to every single photo taken and were provided with free unlimited digital downloads in multiple formats, and there was also the option to order prints as well. I cannot rave enough about Paper Heart Photography and Kate Marcus; if you choose Paper Heart for any of your photography needs, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Kristina · Married on 07/02/2016

Where to begin!? Kate is simply amazing! From the first phone call to our wedding day, she was nothing but professional, fun and awesome! We were super nervous about our engagement photos and being photographed, but Kate was super relaxed and made us feel so comfortable. Not to mention, she was able to get our crazy hyper dog to sit still for some photos! On our wedding day, Kate was much more than a photographer. When my veil would not stay in my hair, Kate came to the rescue and bobby pinned it in and it stayed the entire ceremony! Props to Kate! She kept us smiling all night and from the sneak-peeks we have seen already from our special day, I am so in love with her work! If you're looking for a relaxed, professional, affordable and simply awesome photographer, Kate's your girl!

Sent on 07/09/2016

emily · Married on 06/11/2016

Kate was AMAZING. I was honestly a crappy bride and not responsive and she showed up and captured so many great shots. She also kept my insane family under control and made them move when i wanted them to! Loved her.

Sent on 09/26/2016

I knew as soon as my husband and I got engaged that I wanted Paper Heart to do our photography. I’ve been a fan of Kate’s photography for a while, and was so excited to book her! My husband and I had a church ceremony and a tented garden reception—I just knew that Kate would put that slightly vintage, dreamy touch on our wedding pictures and that’s exactly what I was looking for. Kate was a pleasure to work with from the moment I first reached out to her. She’s warm, professional, and very organized—exactly the person you want to have around on your wedding day when things are starting to get a little busy/chaotic! She kept everything organized and running on time, and I couldn’t be more grateful. We are beyond thrilled with our gorgeous pictures, and so happy with our experience as well. Thanks Kate!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/07/2016

I would absolutely recommend Paper Heart Photography! Kate is amazingly easy to work with and is one of the nicest people I've met. From our first meeting to chat about what we wanted, I knew sh'ed be the perfect fit. She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot when we had no idea what we were doing. And she was so organized and got all the requested shots during our wedding day. We have so many fun and beautiful photos now, its incredibly hard to choose favorites! Pricing is very fair for the product you receive and I would tell anyone looking for a photographer in Charlotte about Paper Heart!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/17/2015

I used Paper Heart Photography for engagement pictures, bridal portraits, and the wedding day. I cannot say enough about Kate. All of my pictures turned out to be so much more than I could have ever imagined! I used an engagement pictures that Kate took on our Save The Dates and received countless compliments on how beautiful the picture was! I would recommend Kate and her company to any of my friends and family! I cannot wait to get the rest of my wedding day pictures from her. Kate is very professional and made my husband and I feel very comfortable at our sessions! :) I will use Paper Heart Photography again definitely! :)

Sent on 11/05/2015

Jenn · Married on 10/10/2015

I would definitely recommend Paper Heart Photography! Kate is amazing at what she does. She is very professional and organized, which is helpful to any bride who has a lot to figure out for her big day. Kate takes time to get to know the bride and groom, and their personality, which helps her take such wonderful and meaningful photos. If you know what kind of photos you are looking for, Kate will make them look amazing, and if you don’t really know what kind of shots you want, you will love the ideas that she comes up with. Her work speaks for itself. Just take a look at what she has done for previous couples and you will love what you see.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Amy · Married on 09/26/2015

Kate was absolutely wonderful to work with from day one. Her professionalism and thoughtfulness were top notch. She kept me at ease leading up to my wedding and made our photo sessions carefree and fun. My photos turned out absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier with the results. She also did a photo session for my husband, stepson, and I that was so much fun. The photos were very personalized and she really captured our goofy personalities well. I'd absolutely recommend Kate and Paper Heart Photography!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Kimberly · Married on 09/13/2015

Kate is amazing! She took beautiful pictures and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Everyone has asked us who our photographer was and complimented our pictures. I used to work in wedding photography and I knew that the pictures from the day would be the MOST important thing to me, so I was worried we could find someone we loved in our budget, but then we found Kate. She was so professional and had great, creative ideas for posing. It actually ended up raining during our engagement shoot and I was worried we'd have to cancel, but she brought an umbrella and we ended up doing some really lovely shots that are very unique. When she found out we like Wes Anderson movies, we took some Wes Anderson inspired shots.

Everyone in my family is really scatter brained and she and her husband did such a good job of corralling the crazy on the wedding day. Also the biggest plus to me is that she took amazing low light photos, which is hard to find and so necessary for an evening or indoor wedding. She's the best and we're going back for maternity, newborn and family photos someday!

Book her and you wont regret it!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/15/2015

Kate with Paper Heart Photography helped make my wedding day dreams come true. She was outstanding and even better than I ever hoped for. Kate is very professional! She is a book of suggestions while allowing you to be in control of your photos. My husband and I are not the most photogenic people but she made miracles. I honestly cannot pick favorites from our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, or our wedding day photos. They all were amazing! Kate was able to capture some very precious moments. She know exactly what she is doing. The thing I loved the most is how friendly and down to earth she is. Not once was it awkward having a stranger take your picture for hours at a time. I will have Kate capture all of our special moments in life! I have no regrets going with Paper Heart Photography. You won't either!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Kate at Paper Heart Photography is wonderful! She goes above and beyond to make the bride and groom feel comfortable and at ease. She listened to what myself and my husband wanted and did not want regarding wedding photos. Throughout the engagement photos and wedding weekend she was patient, kind, helpful, and made taking wedding pictures EASY for me and my bridal party. I would recommend her to any of my friends as a wedding photographer--incredibly pleased with my experience with Paper Heart Photography. Keep it up Kate! :)

Sent on 10/08/2015

Kate · Married on 06/26/2015

I was not going to hire a photographer for our wedding in order to cut some costs. My cousin, who is a wedding coordinator, found Kate and asked me to take a look at her work online. She was reasonably priced, her philosophy of simplicity matched ours, and our initial meeting went well. We did not have an engagement session, but still felt very comfortable with Kate the day of the wedding. She was very patient with my huge family and my bossiness! Our wedding timeline changed several times due to factors out of our control, and Kate just went with the flow and was able to capture everything we asked her to. She worked well with my coordinator (cousin). Her editing was fast, and the website she used to “deliver” the photos to us was easy to use. I am SO glad we spent the money for Kate to photograph our wedding! It was well worth it!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Rose · Married on 04/25/2015

Kate was great to work with. Leading up to the wedding, she responded to all of my crazy emails promptly and without making me feel crazy. During the wedding, she was very discreet. After the wedding, we had a great time while she and her husband captured amazing photos. I've had several friends and coworkers remark that our photos belong in a magazine. We are very pleased. BONUS: she delivered our files in TWO WEEKS.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Kristin · Married on 04/18/2015

Kate is perfect and you should book her IMMEDIATELY. That's pretty much all you need to know but of course I will continue!

Kate has been with us since the very beginning, we met at a Starbucks to discuss engagement pictures and we knew right away from the time we sat down and exchanged our first pleasantries that this was the lady for us! Our engagement pictures were fantastic, which surprised us since my husband and I have no idea how to pose in front of a camera at all. Kate helped us through everything until we could let loose and have some fun with it.

Fast forward to wedding day - I probably emailed Kate 15 times asking what I'm sure are stupid questions but she answered everything for me quickly and reassured me of everything. Then it was the big day, she and her second shooter Michelle came in and right away fit in with all of the chaos going on. They took the divide and conquer method to get the most fabulous detail shots as well as all our getting ready pictures. From getting ready pictures, to ceremony pictures, to reception pictures I can't stop looking at.

Kate is an amazing photographer as well as one of the most easy, fun, joyful, people you will ever work with. I can't wait to work with her in the future for other sessions!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Andrew · Married on 03/28/2015

As I did my own wedding research, I found myself a little skeptical of 5 star ratings. No one is perfect, right? But hear me when I say this: Kate deserves every one of them. Every single star. She is a dream to work with - incredibly talented, very professional, and just a joy to be around. My husband and I are so glad we hired Kate and her husband Joe. They did an amazing job shooting our wedding in March! All the pictures turned out great. From every little detail. Kate is a pleasure and so easy to work with. She has a great personality and fits right in. She also responds right away when you contact her. Oh and she was also willing to travel all the way from SC for our wedding, and go back the next day to shoot someone else's wedding. Kate made sure she got all the important shots, and talked to us throughout the whole day to make sure we weren't missing any shots. On our wedding day it was about 35 degrees in Williamsport, PA. All of us were freezing for our outside pictures, but she did a great job of snapping the pictures quick and keeping us moving to get inside quicker; and amazingly, we don't look frozen. Kate also recommended going on the roof top of our reception building (Genetti). So when we got up there my husband and I were both surprised with how "rustic" it looked. When we saw the pictures she took up there, they were instantly some of our favorites. Kate has such a great eye and attention to detail. The pictures were sooo pretty and perfect.
    I'm so happy we went with PHP. Make sure you contact her ASAP, she books so fast!

Sent on 04/26/2015
  • User4562089 · 2+ years ago

Paper Heart Photography is awesome! Kate Marcus is a top class photographer that developed photos from our wedding that will amaze everyone. Her professionalism and gift at using natural light to accentuate serene scenes clearly make her a great catch!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Jocelyn · event on 10/02/2014

Kate is a wonderful photography. She has taken my family pictures/holiday pictures for over 3 years now and has been fantastic. The quality of her photos are excellent. She is great with working with children as well, my daughter has cried and thrown fits and still we have awesome photos from our sessions. She is creative with her locations & props and just an overall wonderful photography. I would recommend her 100%!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Dana · Married on 09/06/2014

How do you begin to describe someone who was more than just your photographer at your wedding? I cannot tell you how many different ways Kate and her associate helped make our wedding a success! She was there in the morning and it was like she was in my bridal party... She just added one more sweet and bubbly personality in the room! I knew going into this that she was amazing after I saw her work from my friend Abby's wedding...but having experienced her at my own wedding now... She's so much more! From the beginning before the wedding... She made sure down to the last minor detail that every shot, every moment I wanted to remember was captured in her unique and STUNNING style! Aside from her perfect professionalism... Her style of photography is simply amazing! She has a softness and a quality that cannot be explained... It's simply breathtaking. There are no words for how emotional and beautiful her pictures are. She is worth every penny and then some! Not only did she pay attention to my every moment of the day,.. My reception experienced a power outage towards the end of the night and we didn't have music for a while... She even ran out to get a music device to try and supplement it until they could get the DJ back up!!! There is no possible way to thank her enough for being so thoughtful and going above and beyond just being our photographer!! If you are looking for a wedding photographer... Look no further. I promise you that it will be the best and easiest one you'll make!! I love you to pieces, Kate! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Samantha · Married on 08/31/2014

Kate was a pleasure to work with. She was always readily available, and responds quickly. After our engagement portraits I knew we made the right decision by choosing her to capture our wedding also. She put so much time, effort, and creativity into making our pictures perfect. On our wedding day she brought calmness with her. She made sure we stayed on schedule and got all of the shots I wanted, while making it fun. We received the images in a timely manner, and they are amazing! I would highly recommend Kate!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Loved working with these two! The day went perfect and smooth and getting the photos I wanted was easy with how efficient these two worked!!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Grace · Married on 07/19/2014

Kate Marcus with Paper Heart Photography was outstanding! First, she took the time to have a phone conversation with me when I was curious about the photography packages. Most of the other photographers just sent me a brief email listing their package info. Secondly, she was always extremely quick to respond anytime I had questions about photography. Lastly, on the day of my wedding Kate made the hustle and bustle of making sure you get all the right pictures A BREEZE! One of my biggest concerns was that with a large wedding party (10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen) and with choosing not to do the "first look" that the picture time after the ceremony would take a very long time and that would leave much less time for the reception. Kate and her husband did a great job of quickly organizing everyone but the quality of the pictures still remained fantastic! Also, there were a few picture ideas that I had found on Pinterest that I loved. Kate made sure that we got those pictures completed and I can honestly say that a few of those look better than the Pinterest photos (I may be a bit biased though!). Kate has such a knack for great photography and is an astounding artist. If you are looking for a photographer that is capable of capturing those uniquely gorgeous wedding pictures Paper Heart Photography is the photographer I would recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Adrienne · Married on 07/12/2014

What will people remember the most about your wedding day? Well it depends, but the only true way to remember would be to sort through all the beautiful wedding photos taken that day. Early on photos are perhaps posted to social media and passed around to close family and friends. Later in life hopefully they're shared among children and grandchildren. Paper Heart Photography could not have captured more precious memories that we will enjoy throughout our lifetime. Not to mention working with Kate was such a blessing. She made our job easy. Prior to the big day she asked about our style and story in order to capture the essence of 'us.' Paper Heart Photography was both professional and real in that we felt we could be ourselves despite being followed by cameras throughout the day. She has such vision for lighting and scenery while remaining organized, calm, and on time. Imagine how stressful it would be to capture such important details in one's wedding without having a do over? Well Paper Heart Photography did it all. There were numerous shots at a very reasonable cost. Plus photos were edited in a timely manner. We highly recommend Paper Heart Photography!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Tiffany · Married on 05/17/2014

If I could give Paper Heart Photography more than five stars, I seriously would. My husband and I eloped in Asheville, NC this May and we asked Paper Heart Photography to shoot an elopement session for us. Kate really took the time to get to know us before the session—something we appreciated beyond words.

The day of our session, my husband and I were running late (*sigh*) and Kate kindly agreed to push the session back an hour. Once we arrived at the site, we got straight to work (and felt comfortable with Kate and Joe immediately). The two of them are energetic, friendly, very professional, and—quite obviously—incredibly passionate about their art. Kate was extremely eager to actualize our vision; she even MADE unique props for our session!

Kate promised edited photographs within two weeks, and she totally delivered; everyone to whom we've showed our photographs has been absolutely blown away. And, need I say it? We LOVE them!

For anyone who wants gorgeous photographs taken by creative, enthusiastic, and adorably quirky individuals: Paper Heart is for you.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Katharine · Married on 03/01/2014

Kate did an amazing job with my bridal portraits and wedding pictures. When we first booked Kate she was focused on detail and wanted to make sure she could capture all of the details of my wedding. She made sure she knew about all of my decorations, colors, traditions etc. She introduced me to the idea of first look. This was the best advice I received throughout the entire wedding planning. The first look pictures are my favorite from that day!! She captured everything I hand created, all the decorations, the wedding party was captured exactly how I wanted them to be. Everything was captured!!! After the wedding I realized she captured all pictures without getting in the way of the actual ceremony, she did everything without any issues. When I received the pictures back I was overjoyed with how great the pictures look! Kate took pictures of all the major events, all details perfectly. I have received so many complements on my pictures!! I loved working with Kate she brought a smile into the room and now I have wonderful pictures of my wedding!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Kate is an amazing photographer! I loved all of the photos she gave me from my wedding!

Sent on 10/24/2014