55 Reviews for Paper Heart Photography

Liability Insurance (3)
Destination / Travel (2)
Wedding Portraits (2)
52 Paper Heart Photography Reviews

Kate is seriously the best!!! I would highly recommend Kate to anyone who is looking for a talented photographer! I wanted engagement pictures here in the Fort Mill area and moving from Ohio a year ago, I was nervous about finding someone that would also fit my style. Kate was the perfect fit! She has such a bubbly personality and made our engagement shoot so fun! She had great ideas for where to shoot our pictures to make them unique. One thing that really stood out to me about Kate and it showed her pictures was her technique with the lighting/sun. Those were some of my favorite pictures! Also, her timing on getting sneak peaks and all edited photos back is impeccible! We got 30 sneak peaks back the NEXT day and all edited photos back in ONE week. I was so amazed!!! I really appreciate Kate capturing my favorite moments with my fiance! Thank you, Kate!!!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kate Marcus is the absolute best photographer and we are so honored that she chose to work with us! My husband and I loved our very first interaction with her. We looked at one another after our initial meeting and said "She is our photographer". She is the most bubbly, outgoing, charismatic, and caring person. I felt as though she had been a girlfriend of mine for many years. Prior to our wedding, Kate took our engagement photos, in October of 2017, in a beautiful orchard field in Fort Mill. She rocked out beautiful photos in 30 minutes. We were and are still amazed! The photos are still being enjoyed today.

For our wedding, Kate managed to deliver the most beautiful photos that we have every laid our eyes on while being 8 months pregnant, in the Summer's heat. My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Noah's Event Venue in Charlotte. She made every ounce of the venue seem like a museum. Her eye for love and art is amazing! Her timeliness of the delivery of our wedding photos was also amazing. She edited 909 photos in a little over 2 weeks. We are forever thankful for the lifelong relationship we have created with Kate Marcus. We are looking forward to the memories that will be captured in the future!

Profile Picture Iesha, 7/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kate was wonderful and perfect for my wedding! She was very responsive throughout the planning process and the end result was exactly what we had wanted for our wedding pics. She is definitely a talented photographer! Kate was very patient, kind, and fun throughout the day. We have already received so many compliments on our pictures. I fully recommend Kate for any wedding or event!

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Kate was amazing to work with. We loved how comfortable she made us feel and how she took time to find the interesting and creative shots. Her editing turnaround time was quick and all of my friends and family have been raving about the quality of the photos. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Hannah, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

We (speaking for us both!) cannot recommend Kate highly enough. She was prompt, thorough, and most importantly took absolutely amazing pictures of our wedding. Kate was also very accommodating for the additional family/friends pictures we asked for and did a great job of making the entire operation very efficient so we could enjoy as much time as possible on our wedding day. Even better, Kate had terrific suggestions for other cute pictures we ended up taking that will now be among the absolute most memorable ones we'll have. During our initial meeting also she made very helpful suggestions for our actual wedding timeline since we didn't have a planner which turned out to be invaluable. A+!

Profile Picture Jen, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely LOVE our wedding photos from Paper Heart Photography! Kate is amazing and is so great to work with! She answered every question we had and made us feel so comfortable during our engagement and wedding photo sessions. We cannot wait to use Paper Heart Photography for any photos we need taken in the future!

Profile Picture User3744874, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Digital Files

Kate was so amazing to work with! She was helpful beyond her role, flexible, calm, professional, and accommodating. Most importantly, her photos are absolutely stunning. It was so hard to chose a photographer for our wedding- it was the most important vendor to me, but once we saw Kate's website we knew that she was the right person to work with. I'm so glad that we went with her. I loved the attention to detail- she captured every little thing that I put so much time and effort into, without my asking or specifically pointing anything out. She was incredibly accommodating when I wanted to pose for photos on our "wedding couch". She went above and beyond to make our day flow smoothly, keep everyone calm and on track, and to capture so many memories. We are in love with the photos we have received and cannot wait to have more pictures taken by her in the future.

Profile Picture Anna, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I remember seeing Kate's photography for the first time and falling in love with her style. When we received our engagement and wedding sneak-peak photos back, I felt that excitement all over again! I was in disbelief of how beautiful our photos were! Kate made our budget wedding look like it was straight out of a wedding inspiration blog! Kate has her own unique style that sets her apart from others, and it is so fun to see her expertise in action during a photo shoot.

In addition to the quality work she delivers, Kate is also a dream to work with. She is kind, responsive, and highly professional. The experience of working with Kate was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kate is beyond talented & was SO fabulous to work with! She is genuine & fun; from the start of our engagement session we felt a lot less awkward in front of the camera than we anticipated. While shooting she gave helpful prompts & direction, but not too much...so our pictures looked natural & candid. Also, we love the mix of both black-white & color pictures! Additionally, she is timely & organized- which can definitely cut down on stress during the busyness of wedding planning. Her gentle manner put everyone at ease on wedding day, while her excitement for lighting, angles & detailed shots show her true passion for photography! We are delighted with our huge selection of wedding pictures & could not be more pleased with Paper Heart Photography!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I highly recommend Paper Heart Photography for your wedding day! Kate is a pleasure to work with and has a great eye for detail and lighting. We loved the variety of shots she was able to give us! She has a calming presence and gave us direction when we needed it but also captured candid moments. She made us feel comfortable both during our engagement session and on our wedding day. Kate and her second photographer, Michelle, perfectly captured the happiness we felt during the wedding day and at the reception. She was very efficient and helped us stay on schedule all day. We greatly appreciated her promptness in getting our photos back to us as well. We can't look through them enough! Thanks Kate!

Profile Picture Allyson, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our experience with Kate has been fantastic from our first meeting over coffee, to our engagement photo shoot, wedding day and even after as we work through the album and prints. She is always proactive in communication and was extremely responsive when we had any questions. As for the photos - we could not be happier. We would highly recommend Kate for any photography needs!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Paper Heart Photography truly went above and beyond my expectations for wedding photography. Kate and her husband captured every special moment and have allowed my husband and I to re-live our magical day through pictures. Thanks to them, our pictures are truly captivating. Kate and her husband are both very professional and made us feel at ease during such a chaotic day. They were able to capture our personality and captured special moments that I hadn't even thought of. This was by far the best decision we could have made.

Paper Heart Photography does not only capture memories through photos, but because of Kate's blog I was able to incorporate her ideas from previous experience from her blog (songs, wedding line up, decoration ideas, etc). Kate is genuine, humble, and full of knowledge/experience. Paper Heart Photography is a great investment!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough wonderful things about Paper Heart Photography! Kate was amazing and so helpful from the very beginning. She made this process so easy and fun - From the engagement session, to the bridal portraits and the entire wedding day, Kate went above and beyond the call of duty. Not to mention, we loved every single photo she took. She was able to truly capture the special moments of the day. Each photo was beautiful and unique in its own way.

If you're reading this review - the search is over! I wouldn't trust my wedding photos to anyone else. You will be so happy you choose Paper Heart Photos to capture your special day.

Profile Picture Maggie, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

Yes Yes Yes! Go with Kate! Choosing a photographer for our wedding was the hardest decision to make. My husband is a photographer himself so you can imagine how picky we were. Ha! We saw so many other great reviews for Paper Heart Photography and my coworker also used Kate and had nothing but great things to say about her. We met with Kate and we thought she was so sweet and she would be great to work with. First impressions mean a lot to us. We then had our engagement photos and had so much fun. When we got our photos back we were even more excited for her to shoot our wedding photos! On the day of the wedding Kate showed up on time and ready to shoot. She brought her husband as her second shooter...they make an awesome team! Our wedding was December 10th, 2016 and she had all of our wedding photos back to us that next Friday while we were on our honeymoon. It was so special being on our honeymoon and being able to view those photos while we were still celebrating that special time. The photos are absolutely perfect and it captured every special piece of our wedding day, almost like they didn't miss a beat. I have no complaints at all. She was sweet, responsive, accommodating, and made sure everything was perfect on that day. We highly recommend Paper Heart Photography to capture your special day too!!!!!! :)

Profile Picture Stephen, 12/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Even before we saw the photos, we were amazed by Kate's professionalism, fast responses and detailed explanations of everything. We had no stress and no worries regarding photos on our wedding day.....and then, we saw the photos. WOW! They are absolutely stunning. Everybody has been talking about how amazing her work is. She truly did an amazing job capturing this special day. Without a doubt, I will recommend her to all my friends and family.

Profile Picture Anna, 11/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kate was simply amazing! After perusing photographers in the area, I just fell in love with Kate’s style and portfolio, and was so ecstatic she was free to cover our wedding! Kate is so sweet and was very responsive to all my questions from first phone call to wedding day. We were living out of state and weren’t able to do an engagement session, so the wedding day was our first time really working with Kate - but you would have never known! She is so easy to work with and really makes it fun for you. Kate had never shot at our venue before, but she worked her way around the place with no problem and was able to get in a ton of shots in the short window of daylight we had. She is also CRAZY fast. She posted quite a few of our pictures just a week later! We were still on our honeymoon and I just could not stop looking at them! She did just an absolutely incredible job. My friends and family couldn’t stop commenting on them. Later, when I looked through the full gallery, I was shocked there were so many amazing moments captured that I hadn’t even realized she was there for! I really cannot recommend Kate enough. She’s a joy to work with, her price is right, and she does beautiful work.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing photographer is one of the most important decisions you will make in the process of planning your wedding. They are responsible for capturing the images you and your family will look back on for years and generations to come of one of the most important days of your life. I am SO glad that we entrusted Kate with this responsibility. From day one she was there to answer any question I had, pretty much minutes after I would send her an email or a text. Her pricing is great...I looked at lots of photographers who cost a LOT more and their quality was nowhere near the level of Paper Heart Photography. My now-husband and I are certainly not naturals in front of the camera. Kate was able to get images of us that perfectly captured who we are as a couple. We had so much fun during the engagement session. Leading up to the wedding, Kate was great about checking to make sure we were all on the same page in terms of a timeline and shots that we wanted for the big day. She enlisted her hubby, Joe, as her second shooter and they definitely make a great team. She took charge as soon as she got there...and the whole photo-taking process went so smoothly. It was definitely one of my favorite parts of my wedding day. She and Joe captured so many moments...but were so unobtrusive, you almost forgot they were there taking photos. I got my photos back quickly...in less than 2 weeks. When I clicked the link I was beyond blown away. The photos were all stunning. The only problem now is that I have SO many favorites to choose from, I am thinking that my wedding album is going to have to have numerous volumes! Seriously, if you are reading this and in the middle of trying to choose a photographer...look no further. Go with Kate and Paper Heart Photography. I PROMISE you, you will be so, so happy that you did. She is a gem and I am so grateful to her!

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

I cant say enough good things about Kate! She was recommended by my venue and was the only photographer I met with, that's how good her work is. My husband and I are not very photogenic but she was patient with us and our pictures turned out AMAZING. She also had a very quick turn around! We got a preview of a dozen or so pictures on our way to our honeymoon Monday afternoon after our wedding on Saturday! If you need a photographer look no further than Kate and Paper Heart Photography, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Book Kate today! She is so incredibly sweet and SO GOOD at her job. She will make you instantly feel comfortable and she helps direct you to tell you what to do...so if you don't feel comfortable in front of a camera, she will make it easy for you! Not only that, but we got our wedding pictures back SO FAST after the wedding...everyone was commenting about how it was "unheard of" to get them back so fast or that she must be a super hero. The truth is, yes she is! She is also willing to help you along the way with any to-do's and was even going to help us take stuff over to the venue before the ceremony. We ended up not needing to, but it was so nice she offered and was willing! You will love working with Kate and you will love your pictures. Book her immediately because she fills up fast!!

Profile Picture Bess, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Kate was absolutely amazing. She met with us at Starbucks to discuss what we were looking for in our wedding pictures - she was so kind, and able to talk with us about the differences in packages and how to get the most bang out of our budget. She kept in touch in the 10+ months between us booking her and our big day. I was blown away with her (and her husband as our second shooter) on the big day. It seemed like they were everywhere and nowhere. I honestly did not even notice them at the ceremony and reception but OMG they got pictures of everything! For the bridal party shots, we did not have a set place we wanted to take pictures... Kate walked us all over and found the most amazing places to photograph. I am blown away by the pictures she got of us and our wedding guests. I even told her before the ceremony about a special family member who was sick but still at the wedding - she made sure to get pictures of this guest every time they interacted with myself or any other family members. We will cherish the pictures for years to come.

Profile Picture Ali, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

I am SO happy we chose Kate to be our photographer. I am obsessed with or pictures. Not only are they great shots, Kate captured all of the emotion of our wedding day. The pictures truly tell the story of our entire day. They also tell the story of our love and the support of our friends and family. Kate is so easy to work with. She takes your ideas and puts her own creative touch on them.

Profile Picture Zoe, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Kate is an absolutely outstanding photographer! We booked her for our wedding in Pennsylvania and she was so helpful with all the questions we had for her. She is very budget friendly and can help you come up with a unique package that best serves you and your budget! Our wedding photos came out perfect! Kate is very professional and flexible and will definitely give you the best photography experience that money can buy! Don't hesitate to book her!

Profile Picture Mark & Elizabeth, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kate was incredibly kind and had a smile on her face every moment of our interactions together, from our first meeting over breakfast to our wedding day when she flitted around tirelessly catching every shot we'd talked about and many more. She was incredibly professional as well, answering correspondence in a timely manner and making sure every detail was taken care of and planned out before our big day. She was hands down THE MOST AFFORDABLE wedding photographer we could find that provided the quality we were looking for in our photos. And the photos! Oh my goodness, they are perfect and beautiful in every way, extremely high quality with gorgeous editing work, and we got SO MANY for the price! Kate made my husband and I feel completely comfortable in front of the camera and made us look our best, and the results are breathtaking. Perhaps one of the best things about Paper Heart Photography is that we have the rights to every single photo taken and were provided with free unlimited digital downloads in multiple formats, and there was also the option to order prints as well. I cannot rave enough about Paper Heart Photography and Kate Marcus; if you choose Paper Heart for any of your photography needs, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture Melisa, 7/9/16, 1 Review