Palos Country Club Reviews

25 | Orland Park, IL

25 Reviews for Palos Country Club

kaitlyn · Married on 07/08/2017

Pat helped me plan and do everything. She has so much experience - knows what linens look good, good photographers, florists, and DJs. She's your day of wedding coordinator and made everything go smoothly. Service was phenomenal, and many of my guests raved about the food, especially the broccoli. The venue recently replaced their chandeliers and they are beautiful! Gorgeous pictures during the day and beautiful lighting at night. Everyone I talked to said it was the best wedding that they'd ever been to.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Lisa · Married on 01/07/2017

Palos did such an amazing job with our wedding Pat and Jamie go above and beyond to make sure your day is beautiful and as stress free as possible! The food was amazing we got so many compliments about it and the staff was awesome. They truly made sure our day was wonderful.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Molly · Married on 06/10/2016

My fiance and I met with Pat at the Palos Country Club in the hopes of having our reception there. Upon entering the building, I was beyond pleased to see how well kept the club is. It looked gorgeous which would make for beautiful pictures of my fiance and I as well as guests entering the building. She then took us to the room that we had preferred to have our reception held in. It was perfect! The size allowed for the amount of quests we anticipate as well as plenty of room to dance the night away. Plus, we would have view of their beautiful golf course. Again, I was sold. Thankfully, they had our date available and we immediately booked the hall. I cannot express to you how wonderful Pat is to work with as well as how gorgeous the hall is. I am beyond excited to have my reception there and would recommend the Palos Country Club to anyone who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Katie · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I were married at Palos Country Club on 09/05/15 and could not have been happier with our experience there. Pat, who runs the weddings there, is very straightforward and sweet. She helped us organize everything while working with us on certain things that we wanted. Specifically, we wanted a large farm table and cupcakes versus the cake they provided. Pat provided us different options for both, helping to ensure that we were satisfied. The staff set up the room beautifully and did a great job all night. We received great feedback on the food and had a large enough dance floor to accommodate all 250 of our guests. It was an amazing day to start off our lives together and we can't thank Pat and the Palos staff enough being so easy to work with!

Sent on 09/28/2015

The staff at Palos Country Club did everything to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. They were all friendly and very easy to work with helping us make sure we were able to get everything we wanted and also offering their own ideas to help make it happen. Overall, we were very satisfied with our venue and would recommend them for your future event.

Sent on 08/21/2014

I'm so lucky to have found Palos Country Club, signing that contract was the best thing I could have done for my Sept '13 wedding!! I worked with Pat and she was my saving grace through my year of planning. She is one tough lady and I knew from the very first day that she would fight to get everything we wanted done for us and make our day perfect (which it was and then some)! She'll give it to you straight, no bs, which I really appreciated. The day of, when our wedding cake wasn't being delivered on time the Palos crew made it all work out, contacting the cake vendor and fighting to get our cake in (which they did just minutes before we made our grand entrance). The Grand Ballroom & grounds are absolutely stunning, everything is kept in the best shape possible. Clean & beautiful, 100%.
    Other venues just cannot compete with their prices. I searched EVERYWHERE and you will NOT find a better deal in a better setting than Palos CC. Do yourself a favor & CHECK THEM OUT!
    Everyone was raving about the food!! SO DELICIOUS!! We had the Tenderloin of Beef served Chateaubriand style with Bearnaise sauce which was accompanied by Chicken Vesuvio. Best of both worlds- chicken & filet! The tenderloin was replenished at every table to ensure that everyone got the temperature they preferred and nobody left hungry. We even had a great time at the tasting! They allowed both parents to come and served us all the options as full plates with drinks! Much more enjoyable than meeting with a huge crowd buffet style.
    The bar service was awesome.. they had everything and the bartenders knew how to make all the drinks. Even with 225 people there was never a line at the bar, and everyone always had a drink in hand which made for great times on their huge dance floor!
    There is not enough characters left on this review to express how pleased I was with Palos CC. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!! THANKS PALOS CC CREW & PAT for the PERFECT night!!!! I just wish it could have lasted longer!! <3

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kimberly · Married on 07/27/2013

When we visited many venues for our reception, we were looking for plenty of space, an elegant room, and reasonable prices. Palos Country Club was our choice and we could not be happier with it. Pat and the rest of the event staff were flexible with our needs, customized the package to our liking, and even offered suggestions that made our day that much better. On the day of, the room looked exactly how we had hoped. The food was wonderful- piping hot and generous portions. The bartenders were efficient and friendly and the servers made sure we were well taken care of. Everyone at PCC made our day absolutely perfect. We are so grateful!!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Julie · Married on 10/13/2012

We enjoyed the Club room at this facitlity and loved the view of the golf course. They were very accomidating, the food was great. We really enjoyed our time here and would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • Tamara and Ivan

Tamara · Married on 08/15/2010

Miranda is the coordinator for Palos, she is the best. Miranda walk you through the day and make sure your day runs smoothly, the way you always imagine it. I would recommend her and the location. I gotten married on the golf course it was beautiful words can't express how beautiful my wedding turn out.

Sent on 09/02/2010
  • Shelly104

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2008

They were awesome!! Their rooms there are very nice, the food was amazeing, and the staff was very friendly!! We used their outdoor gazebo, and it was beautiful!! Any special request we had they were able to help us with!

Sent on 09/02/2008

My wedding went very smoothly with no niches. My only complaint was the second the reception was scheduled to be over, staff was in there turning lights on and collecting centerpieces. Otherwise, things were perfect!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Gina · Married on 07/13/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at Palos Country Club. The day of the wedding was great. Everything came together beautifully. The foyer was beautiful, the gazebo and grounds looked great, the grand ballroom was gorgeous, and the food was phenomenal. Palos recently made a lot of changes and renovations and it paid off! The place is beautiful. The price was also really reasonable compared to other country clubs in the area.

Pat, the coordinator, gets things done and was very helpful. Do not be intimidated by her straight-forward attitude. She knows what she is doing. The reason I nixed them a bit for professionalism is because of the other woman who works there, Karen. She was not helpful we had a very poor experience with her not giving us any direction and misinformation about the gazebo seating at the rehearsal. However, Pat made things right and put our minds at ease before the wedding. My recommendation is to just deal with Pat for all your planning needs.

Palos was a little weary of our request of an all vegetarian menu (we are vegetarians and did not want to spend money to support the meat industry on the biggest day of our lives) but the chef was accommodating and talked to us at the tasting about the food he prepared and any changes we would like to see. He had great suggestions and we LOVED all the food. I still think about the wonderful penne with pesto alfredo that he prepared. No one missed the meat and people raved about the food. One of our meat-loving groomsmen even said that it was the best food he has ever had at a wedding.

I am a very nervous person and had some worries about EVERYTHING along the way but things at Palos ended up really wonderful and I would recommend them.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2012

Food and location were perfect!!! They were in our budget and very very flexible!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Angela · Married on 09/05/2009

My ceremony was outside in the gazebo and it was wonderful!!! The reception was really nice. I didn't hear any negative responses from my guest regarding the food or waitstaff so my guess it everything was good to them. From our perspective, the staff did a great job!! Miranda at PCC was great to work with!!! She was very accommodating to me and my fiance and she worked well with my wedding coordinator.

Sent on 09/08/2009

Diana · Married on 08/11/2007

I could not have picked a better venue, the staff was incredible and did everything possible to make my wedding day amazing!! The food was really good and the hall was beautiful as was the golf course we got married on. Through out my planning they kept in touch with me to make sure i had everything on track and got everything i needed turned in on time!!

Sent on 12/05/2007

We had our wedding there recently and had a wonderful experience. Everyone raved about the food and beauty of the venue. The room size was perfect. The entrance of the place a was beautiful and there was enough on site parking. I liked that we were able to use their gazebo for pictures. The wait staff was very attentive. Great deal, not horribly expensive. It is by far the best in the area (we checked out EVERY reception hall in that area) Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/10/2013
  • CandiM

Candice · Married on 06/11/2011

Overall, they were great. The venue is beautiful. The food was good, the room was awesome. There were a few small problems, but again overall, everything was wonderful.

Sent on 06/12/2011

Angela · Married on 08/15/1978

We had a wonderful wedding here. The food was amazing. We worked with Miranda for most of our day to day items and loved her.

We had a Saturday afternoon wedding. I wish we could have stayed all night. We were all enjoying ourselves and the wonderful food. We had TENDERLOIN OF BEEF Chateaubriand Style, chicken with Champagne sauce, Green Beans Almandine and a potato. We loved it all.

We wanted a very open feeling to our wedding and wanted to be married outside. The gazebo was perfect for that and while we originally viewed one room as soon as we stepped into the Grand Ballroom we knew this was it. And I do not regret my decision in any way. It had beautiful natural light coming in the large windows and we reserved the room next door where the photo booth was kept throughout the reception.

The bridal suite to get ready was very roomy and nice we had plenty of counter space to lay out all of our accessories and makeup that the makeup artist brought.

The staff was all very friendly and helpful every step of the way. I would recommend it to anyone. And we still receive compliments on the food from our wedding.

Sent on 10/19/2010
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 03/02/2019

Perfect Day!

We had the most amazing wedding day thanks to Pat and the team at PCC. They really made sure all of our questions were answered and went above and beyond to ensure our day was special. The food is great, the decor is amazing! Can not say enough good things about them!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Sarah · Married on 01/29/2012

3.0

We selected Palos Country Club for the location and because they had a beautiful room with a stage we could use for our ceremony. Overall we were pleased with our interactions leading up to the wedding, although there was some back and forth on our requests when the employee we had been working with left and we were paired up with someone new. As far as the actual day went, though, everything was perfect. I especially cannot say enough about the food - our guests were raving about it - it was much, much better than any other wedding food I've ever tasted. I would definitely recommend using Palos Country Club for your wedding (we got married in the winter too so got an awesome deal on the price)...just make sure you have everything written down that they've agreed to as you are planning.

Sent on 04/15/2012

Dana · Married on 10/13/2007

The room and grounds are beautiful, the linen lady was great- overall a great choice

Sent on 02/23/2008
  • sweetums

Abby · Married on 07/11/2009

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding at Palos in July 09. They were very helpful leading up to the wedding. We met with them several times and had changes and they were very accomodating. Every staff member we met with was pleasant to work with. The day of the room looked beautiful! The Palos coordinator for the day of was great. She made sure we were pleased and happy at all times. The food was SO good! The only thing was we felt like the appetizers were a little sparse. The dance floor rocked! We loved Palos and would recommend it to any couple getting married!

Sent on 08/06/2009

Chelsey · Married on 07/30/2010

3.6
      2.0

I loved working with Miranda and overall our experience was incredible. However, there was a point where they forgot to charge us taxes and 3 days before the wedding, their accountant called and very rudely demanded we pay almost $1,000 more before the rehearsal dinner. It made for a very stressful week!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Matt · Married on 04/26/2008

2.8
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0

We were very happy with Palos Country Club. We had our ceremony at the gazebo behind the main building and it was a beautiful setting. The grand ballroom was also a great place for our reception. There was plenty of room and it did not feel cramped. The only thing we had any issues with was the staff did not always seem the most attentive, which in the last week was a bit disheartening. But overall, a great place. A little pricier than other venues, but the food is fantastic.

Sent on 10/07/2008

Scott · Married on 03/18/2017

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT EVER GO HERE!! WORST MANAGEMENT AND STAFF!!!!!!!

My Mother had a tab at the cash bar for coffee, teas and soda for non-drinkers. The staff refused to serve any of it. Which means my 90 year old grandmother, aunts, uncles and other guests that don't drink did not have anything to drink for 2 hours til they sat down @ 7pm. They wouldn't even serve water to them.

We met with Pat (horrible manager) who guaranteed the beer/liquor list we requested was stocked and it wasn't. So the beer and liquor I specifically paid for was not there.

During cocktail hour I watched one of the servers make fun of multiple guests on multiple occasions regarding baldness, weight, etc.

They opened the ballroom and closed down the cocktail bar 30 minutes before they were supposed to.

Pat (the manager) said she would be there the whole time and of course was nowhere to be found before dinner was even served.

Bar was supposed to open at 8pm after dinner and they refused to re-open bar til 8:30 pm.

My friend (in his 30s and doesn't really drink) had his elbow against the bar saying hello to my mother when he was physically shoved by a bartender and told to "get off their bar"

at 10:25pm I was dancing with my wife and a few of my guests let me know that they just packed up all of the bar and shut it down. I went over there and the manager was extremely disrespectful and had every excuse in the book why she was closing down my reception. All of which were complete lies that I caught her in. At this point the male bartender started a fight with me and wanted to turn into an actual physical altercation in the hallway of the ballroom. Our contract stated that the reception was supposed to end at 11:30 and the bar was completely shut down by 10:25pm

We paid for 4.5 hours of premium open bar in our contract and barely received half of that

Learn from us and DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!!

Sent on 03/30/2017