Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast Reviews

122 | Palmetto, FL

122 Reviews for Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast

• Lindsey

Lindsey Ruggiero · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Most incredible venue & people to work with. Would recommend to anyone looking for a gorgeous setting & unmatched service & attention to detail!

We had our wedding at Palmetto B&B in January 2020 and we cannot say enough about this venue, and the owners Wim and Mieke. The venue speaks for itself as it is absolutely gorgeous and charming providing a view you and your guests will never forget. The owners, Wim and Mieke were truly the most genuine, professional, and caring people you could ever work with while planning all of the moving parts of your wedding. Throughout the entire process they were extremely responsive, helpful, and willing to assist in any way by offering their professional advice or recommendations to ensure your experience was the best. We had so many of our guests and family comment on how amazing the entire ceremony, reception and venue was. We are so thrilled we chose this spot and will recommend to anyone looking for a venue!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Dear Lindsey and Duncan,
    We are honored with your lovely review we received. It was great to meeting you and getting to know you and your lovely families in the last months prior to hosting your Beautiful Wedding at the BnB. Now that all this has passed, we truly hope to staying in contact not only via email but also to welcome you back for a glass of wine or bubbles at the BnB. YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME !!!! Best to you both, fondly...Mieke and Wim
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 01/09/2020

Wedding event _ 01082020

Dear Wim and Mieke
    We can't thank you enough for the wonderful memories you have given us.You really did a fantastic job. Every thing was so detailed and so prefect! It's an absolute dream wedding to me and to us . What an amazing day.
    To whom is reading this review, there is a reason they are rated 5 stars. Believe me you will very happy with the decision you make. Fortunately we had a small party and had the ceremony and the reception with them as well . The food was amazing . Every single guest asked me where and how I found this place ... I was so happy for the my decision.

Thank you again Wim and Mieke .

Sherry and Martin

Sent on 01/12/2020

Dear Sherry and Martin,
    Thank you very much for leaving us this wonderful review about your experience at the BnB while hosting your Wedding. Every time you visited us for our meetings, we looked forward to it. Also meeting your parents from Europe and Asia, was wonderful. Enjoy fully your honeymoon on the other side of the globe! All the best and we hope to see you again.
    Fondly, Mieke and Wim
  • Mariah

Mariah Slack · Married on 01/05/2020

Wim and Mika exceeded our expectations!

We couldn't have been more pleased to have had the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast for our daughters wedding venue this weekend. Many venues look better in photos than in real life. Not so at this amazing location. The waterfront views were an incredible backdrop for our ceremony. And the reception area has such an elegant and inviting ambiance.From the first phone call to saying goodbye Wim and Mika were warm, professional and so accomadating! Truly the nicest wedding venue in the Sarasota area!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Dear Mrs Slack & family,
    Thank you very much to take the time & sit down to write us a review about your experience at the b&b. We loved working for you & your families. We are going to miss your visits that's for sure. We really hope you will stop by next time you are in our area so we can have a glass of wine together. All the best!

Morgan · Married on 01/04/2020

Excellent Wedding Venue

Where do I even begin? Wim and Meike were nothing short of amazing through our wedding planning! We were thrown a curve ball with the weather on Saturday, but they jumped right in and helped work everything out! They were quick to respond to any messages, quick to jump in and help and we never had to worry about anything. They were very hospitable to us and to our guests! We couldn’t have asked for any better! There’s no where else we would have wanted to get married!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Dear Morgan and Chase,
    So lovely to receive this wonderful review from you. We know that planning a Wedding from another State is not easy but we appreciate your trust in us. So happy you had a great and very memorable weekend with us. Always welcome back, any time.
    Cheers to you both. Mieke and Wim
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 11/30/2019

I'd give Palmetto Riverside 10 stars if I could

This is a perfect venue, in a perfect location, managed by the perfect couple. The venue is magical. My daughter made up her mind as soon as she walked through the door. Without one flower or other decoration, it would be a beautiful place to marry and celebrate. Inside and out Palmetto Riverside is beautiful, timeless, and tasteful. It is exquisite.

But, the house and grounds are only the beginning. Wim and Mieke are the most gracious people and hosts you will ever meet. I know they do this every weekend, but they make you feel like your wedding is the only one. They think of every minute detail to ensure that you and your guests are cared for--and "cared for" is the correct phrase--from beginning to end. They are genuinely nice people with an attention to detail and professionalism that is difficult for me to adequately describe. Throughout the planning, they were flexible. During the preparations they were always there to answer a question or smooth over a wrinkle with a vendor, and during the festivities they were never intrusive but always there to meet a need you never knew existed. My husband, daughter and I stayed the night before the wedding and that meant the pampering began early. (It's worth a trip to the BnB just for one of their breakfasts). Family joined the newlyweds overnight after the wedding and enjoyed a quiet snack and drink that evening and a beautiful breakfast the next morning. Throughout all of this, you felt like you were in your own beautiful home with gracious friends seeing to your every need. We had wonderful vendors all around--but the wedding wouldn't have been described as "perfect" or "the best we've ever attended" if it had been held any place else.

The only problem with Palmetto Riverside BnB is that you have to force yourself to leave! The good news is that we know we can come back during the week for dinner and a night away and we've already promised the newlyweds a trip back on their first anniversary. Thank you Thank you Thank you Wim and Mieke--you made our daughter's dream come true and we will be forever grateful.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • User4533520 · Recently married

It has been one year today since our wedding day and still we have friends and family that speak with such fondness of the memories created there that night and the beauty of the venue along with the thoughtfulness and care that the professional staff there put in to make our wedding go off without a hitch. I cannot speak highly enough about how professional, accommodating, and thoroughly pleasant it was to work with Wim and his family. The food was spectacular and service impeccable. Having a non traditional wedding (without a bride) we struggled in finding a venue with such a welcoming and open door policy however Wim and his family treated us with such care and respect as they do with all of their clientele that we could not imagine having spent that special day anywhere else.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

We were very impressed receiving your lovely review after one year of marriage. Hope all is well with both of you and look forward to seeing you again at the BnB soon. Mieke and Wim Lippens
  • Racquel

Racquel · Married on 11/16/2019

Beuatiful venue with great customer service

Words could not explain how amazing our experience was. So very communicative about everything. Helped me feel at ease on our wedding day. I could not give enough thanks for everything. Could not have done it without Mieke and Wim on our side. beautiful venue and great customer service. Could not have gone smoother.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for leaving us these kind words. All was done with a lot of pleasure from our side. We really hope we can welcome you again at the b&b for your Anniversary or even earlier for a glass of wine on our front porch. Always welcome please remember.
  • Dylan

Dylan Germack · Married on 11/09/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue!

My husband and I had the pleasure of getting married at the beautiful Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast last month! We have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Bed and Breakfast and its owners, Mieke and Wim. First off, the B+B and its grounds are gorgeous! The oak tree where the ceremonies take place is breathtaking and the river in the background is the icing on top of the cake! Mieke and Wim take such great care of the property. The reception area is so romantic at night. I loved being able to dance the night away outside under the stars! Mieke and Wim always responded to my emails or phone calls very quickly. We did have a wedding coordinator, but Mieke and Wim are so attentive and on top of things that you definitely don’t need a wedding planner at this venue! So many of our wedding guests complimented us on our venue. It truly is a hidden gem!! My husband and I highly recommend you check out this wedding venue!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy to read you were satisfied with everything leading up to your wedding. Everything was done with a lot of pleasure from our side. We would be more happier if one day you would come back to celebrate your anniversary at the b&b. Wishing you lots of love, happiness but first of all a Merry Christmas.
  • Pauline

Pauline · Married on 10/26/2019

Palmetto riverside bnb best wedding ever!

I knew from the start when I was doing my venue researching this would be the place that we would get married. The charm of an historic BnB, the beauty and serenity on the Manatee River, the hospitality of Wim and Mieke times a million made for a perfect wedding weekend. I will forever have this place in my heart. Wim and Mieke made the weekend so smooth for us making sure every detail was attended to. I'm so grateful that they were part of our wedding. The breakfast in the morning prepared by Wim and Mieke was so good. I would highly suggest having any wedding here and for that matter just staying at the BnB.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Dear Pauline and Matt,
    Thank you for your very kind words in regards to your experience while hosting your Wedding at the BnB. Very happy we were able to work for you and your families. We hope to see you again in the near future, with the bikes of course!!! Love, Mieke and Wim
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful Venue with Spectacular Hospitality!

My husband and I got married at the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast on October 19, 2019. Believe me when I say Wim and Mieke are the most kind, genuine and accommodating people we've ever met. Their attention to every little detail is impeccable and they go out of their way to make your wedding day perfect. Even though they host many weddings every year, they make you feel like you are the only one during each and every interaction.

The venue is breathtakingly beautiful, allowing its charm alone to speak for itself. I fell in love with the beautiful oak tree overlooking the Manatee River and the quaint environment of the B&B.

I highly recommend staying at the B&B the night before and/or the night of the wedding. We chose to stay the night of our wedding. The next morning we had their European style breakfast and it was outstanding!

Unfortunately, we had a tropical storm headed our way for our wedding and were expecting rain. My bridesmaids and I arrived to the venue at 8AM for hair and make-up. Wim was outside setting up all the chairs in the wind and the rain and using a leaf blower to remove all of the leaves from the sidewalk. Seeing those gestures made me appreciate them even more. They really go above and beyond. Luckily we had no rain for the ceremony and had the most perfect wedding. My husband and I look forward to many more dinners at their outstanding restaurant, Chateau 13 and staying at the B&B!

Thank you again Wim and Mieke, you both are truly amazing!!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

In return we would like to thank you for the wonderful words you left us & the time to sit down to write this review including some pictures as well. As you know every single wedding is different but we try hard to make it memorable for the couple over & over again.
    From the first time we met you while hosting another party for your family until today, we LOVED being able to work for you. Furthermore, we hope to STILL keep working for you and your lovely family for any event you like to host at the BnB or the restaurant. Always a pleasure!!
    Thank you again for the wonderful words, we are very humbled by this.
    All the best.
    Mieke and Wim

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

Arguelles Wedding 9/21/19

Our wedding at the BnB was an absolute DREAM! The owners, Mieke & Wim are the most welcoming, warm, patient, and thoughtful hosts. They are with you ever step of the way and were extremely responsive to my millions of questions. They take pride in what they do and it shows. The grounds are pristine and the view and breeze off the river is the perfect back drop. I could go on and on about the countless appreciations and admirations I have for both the location and it's hosts. Do not hesitate taking a tour of this gorgeous venue. It was the best decision we ever made!

Oh and don't get me started about the breakfast... YUMM!!

Thank you Mieke and Wim for the perfect day! :)

Sent on 09/30/2019

Dear Rachel and Gmo!
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write such nice comments about your experience at the BnB. We loved working for you since over a year, we as well have great memories and look very forward to seeing you as our BnB guests or dinner guests at the Bed and Breakfast in the next months to come. All the best in everything you do!!! Warm regards from Mieke and Wim
  • Clinton

Clinton · Married on 04/22/2019

Incredible Experience

Wim and Mieke have set up an incredible venue and also go the extra mile to make sure that everything is perfect. We signed up for the package allowing us to stay Friday evening and wake up ready to go on Saturday. They prepared breakfast for us both days and also stayed in constant contact with us and our coordinator to make sure everything was good to go.

The venue itself is beautiful - the breeze coming off the river negates the Florida heat and the views are amazing

Sent on 05/06/2019

Dear Mr and Mrs Sorrel,
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments in regards to your stay with us while hosting your Wedding at the BnB. So thankful to have had the opportunity to work for you in the last months. We are hopeful to seeing and welcoming you as a return BnB guest in the near future. All the best in your careers and future, we know it will be great. Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim

Shauna · Married on 03/23/2019

Wim and Mieke's B&B was perfect!

My husband and I were married in late March at Palmetto Riverside. After over six months of deliberating over wedding venues, we were thrilled to book with Wim & Mieke over a year ago. Throughout the entire planning process they answered any and every question and accommodated each request. The day prior they helped us unload boxes of decor of which I was incredibly thankful, and they were so patient when traffic held up 75% of our wedding party for the rehearsal dinner. On our wedding day they were present all day long and helped put together our ceremony and reception area with our coordinators. They made our day so special AND delivered a gorgeous breakfast the next morning! We have no regrets, our guests could not stop complimenting the venue, even local guests were blown away by this little oasis in Palmetto. We hope to return one day to celebrate our future anniversaries and, if we're lucky, other family and friend's weddings. If you're looking for a venue with top-notch facilities, fantastic communication and owners who will treat you and your loved ones like extended family, you've found it here.

Sent on 04/13/2019

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to host your big day here at our b&b. We really really hope you will make it down here again so we can toast on many more years. Congratulations & all the best.
  • Curtiss

Curtiss Homan · Married on 03/10/2019

Astounding Hidden Gem!!!

Mieke & Wim Lippens B & B was the perfect venue for our wedding. The layout flows perfectly, the scenery, ambiance, and decor are surreal. Day or night it is a wonderful location. The lippens are wonderful people very accommodating and made sure our night was to remember. As for the rooms they were beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable. I really don’t think you can go wrong with this venue and the price was more than fair.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Sammie · Married on 03/02/2019

Wedding Weekend

I always dreamed of having my wedding at the Bed & Breakfast since they opened it when I was in high school....they totally exceeded all of our expectations! Wim & Mieke are the most amazing hosts and made us feel at home all weekend (and every time we visited the venue before our big day). They are so welcoming and go above and beyond to helpmake our day/weekend perfect! I would recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding weekend or even just for a romantic get away! Their hospitality is second to none and the breakfast is quite literally the best we’ve ever had! They worked so well with our team of vendors to make everything happen the way we dreamed of - we love them and will definitely be back for a stay again! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Dear Sammie and Dan,

We are so thrilled and thankful for your lovely words. YOU made it very easy for us, to work for you and your families. YOU are the best!!!
    It was an honor to getting to know you and we truly hope to see you many times in the future. Always welcome back!!!
    Hugs to you both.
    Mieke and Wim
  • Karina

Karina Concepcion · Married on 02/09/2019

A Slice of Heaven on the Manatee River

Words cannot express how PERFECT the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast is and how wonderful the owners Wim and Mieke are. When I started my initial search for venues, I currently live in Tampa, FL I knew I wanted it to be by the water, I wanted it to have a different "feel" to it and most importantly I had to be able to bring my own Wine since I've been in the Wine Industry for 15+ years :) I stumbled upon Palmetto BNB through a featured blog and fell in love. My husband Kyle and I wanted our parents, who live out of state, to come see the venue with us. We booked a site visit for the Friday after Thanksgiving in 2017 and brought them along. It just so happened to be parents anniversary and Wim and Mieke allowed us to arrange a special toast with their very own Champagne they make!! How wonderful is that! From our very first meeting, Wim and Mieke were so welcoming, accommodating and it truly felt like they were opening their home to us. We knew instantly this was the feeling we wanted all of our guests to experience during our wedding weekend. We decided to book two nights for our wedding weekend, and it was my husbands idea to have our immediate family stay with us. It was truly special to share the weekend and wake up with our parents and siblings under the same roof.

Leading up and throughout the weekend, it was all the "details" that made our wedding incredibly personal and our guest are still talking about! Fresh flowers in every room, Champagne and Wine for all our guest, allowing our families to truly relax and feel at home. I felt like I was seeing a movie production taking place as I got my hair and makeup done with my closest friends in the "bridal suit" and watched all the vendors bring the wedding space to life! The weather was perfect, it even rained a little and we are calling it "sprinkles of love". Every one of our guest, we had 125 people from out of state, were amazed at the beautiful setting and really appreciated the warm FL weather in February since they were leaving colder weather behind.

We can not recommend this venue enough, you truly will experience top notch attention and are not "just a number" like most other venues. We look forward to staying at the Inn as husband and wife and enjoying one of the Palmetto Bed and Breakfast Wine Dinners they now host!

Thank you Wim and Mieke for a wonderful wedding weekend!

Karina and Kyle

Sent on 03/05/2019

Dear Karina and Kyle,
    Waw...!!! We are thrilled and so content to receiving such kind words from you both. Almost speechless...
    Meeting you and your families was so lovely and then, during the months of planning, we were able to get to know your family a little better as well. We had champagne together, your Mom brewed delicious coffee one afternoon, etc.... in short.... it was perfect! Also for us. Having your family here, staying with us the entire weekend was a blast. Thank you also for including some wonderful pictures in your review. We had a bottle of your red wine last weekend and had a "cheers" to you and your families while enjoying it, thank you again.
    Always welcome and indeed, we hope to being able to having you as our guests at Dining@PalmettoRiverside as well.
    To long lasting friends!!! Mieke and Wim
  • Austi

Austi Garrison · Married on 02/02/2019

Beautiful Venue

I fell in love with the venue as soon as I found it online. When my now husband and I saw it in person for the first time, we were certain and looked no where else. The venue itself is beautiful and Wim and Mieke are the cherry on top of the cake. We had the pleasure of staying at the BnB for 2 nights and it was nothing short of delightful. They were so nice and accommodating to both us and our guests. In addition, we received countless compliments on how beautiful the location and decor of the BnB is from our guests, and they all wondered how we found such a wonderful place. We will be back to visit for a vacation sometime in the near future for sure!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Dear Austi and Garren,
    We herewith would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to write about your Wedding Experience at the Bed and Breakfast. You and your lovely family were wonderful to work for during the last year. We hope for you, life will bring you great things. All the best and again, ALWAYS welcome back!!! Mieke and Wim
  • Elyse

Elyse · Married on 01/20/2019

Best wedding venue and owners!

From the moment we went to tour the venue, we knew from the start that the blend of European flair, gorgeous landscape and refined hospitality would make our wedding day experience incredible. Wim and his wife ensured that every aspect of our wedding weekend was impeccable and that all of our needs were met. We happened to have a very off season weather forecast and unfortunately had to make a last minute decision to tent our ceremony space. Even though we had to tent it, it still looked fantastic and Wim and his wife were incredibly helpful with their flexibility to continue making the day of perfect. Their experience in coordinating with vendors and responsiveness to any questions (such as our panic about tenting last minute!) truly helped us feel at ease that our day would go smoothly. I would highly recommend them and staying the night before the wedding to get the full experience, especially their beautiful brunch!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Dear Elyse and Michael,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful and kind words. Planning a wedding for a lovely couple from NY has been an honor and pleasure for Mieke and myself. Thank you very much for your trust in what we do. We hope to seeing you here at the BnB as a return BnB guest in the near future, maybe also we can cook dinner for you? Anyway, always welcome back and our kindest regards to your entire families.
    Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim

Scott Williamson · Married on 12/15/2018

Our Dream Wedding !!!

On December 15, 2018, we had our dream wedding at this beautiful bed and breakfast!! The architecture of the house( bed and breakfast) was vintage and classic, the grounds were perfectly maintained and beautiful, and the ceremony back drop had a large old oak tree with the river in the background. All of this however did not make this our dream wedding alone. What really made it for us was the SUPERIOR service provided by the owners of the bed and breakfast, Mieke and Wim. They were always available to meet with us throughout the process and were a wealth of knowledge on setup, vendors, decorating, etc. We met with them several times and they truly listened to what we wanted and remembered every detail. Communication was always timely when we had a question with them responding always the same day. The days leading up to the wedding and day of we were a little worried about the weather, but Wim and Mieke were confident that it was going to be fine which help to keep us calm and they were right ! The weather cleared a few hours before the ceremony and it was perfect !! It did rain a little during setting up, but guess what? Wim and Mieke had a back up plan ready and were able to cover all table with tarps with the help of others. My main point here is.... If you want a perfect, seamless , almost stress-free wedding pick this Venue!!

Scott & Tricia

Sent on 01/19/2019

Dear Scott and Tricia,
    Thank you very much first of all for your wonderful review. We are very grateful that you have taken the time to sit down and write about your experience after having hosted your Wedding at the BnB. We met several times indeed, you came for dinner at the BnB prior to your Wedding (which is very special to us and appreciate a lot), we enjoyed a glass of wine together on several occaisions, etc.... in short... by the time your Wedding weekend came up, we knew exactly how you wanted to have your Wedding. This of course was very helpful to us and we are very honored with your comments. We hope to see you again real soon and wish you all the best in the future, we know it will be GREAT!!! Congratulations again. Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim
  • Jennifer Lucy

Jennifer Lucy · Married on 12/08/2018

Perfect for us!

I had searched 10 other venues before visiting the B&B. The moment I saw it I knew there was no where else that would compare. Everything just seemed to flow with planning my wedding here. All of my vendors that had worked here in the past were VERY happy to work here again, and other vendors who had not worked here said they absolutely enjoyed their experience and would want to work there again too! My guests are still talking about how everything was so beautiful and how they liked the exclusivity of our venue. Our immediate family stayed with us in the B & B from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. This allowed us to get some family bonding time during such an important part of our lives. We cannot wait to join Mieka and Whim in the future at their restaurant and as guests of the B&B on special occasions and romantic getaway! Our whole wedding experience with them was like a fairy tale. They roll out the red carpet but at the same time make you feel like family.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Dear Jennifer and Ryan,
    We like to express our gratitude for receiving this wonderful review from you. All of this came together not only because of us helping you, no... it was really you who was so well organized that made it easier for us to fulfill your ideas and plans. Thank YOU! Also of course, the nights you stayed with us prior to your Wedding gave us great memories that we cherish. (only then you informed us what a Champion you were in different horse disciplines). We have a lot of respect for this.
    We hope to see you again in the near future and send you our best for the future. Warm regards from Mieke and Wim
  • Josie

Josie · Married on 11/17/2018

Josie Grant

Mieke and Wim (the owners) were an absolute dream to work with! The venue is stunning and such a perfect setting for an amazing wedding. We had guests coming up to us all night telling us they had never been to a more beautiful wedding. We are so thankful we were able to be married here this past weekend.
    The venue has an old world, beautiful European charm mixed with the beauty of the river and sailboats anchored in front.
    We really cannot recommend this place enough, or say enough about the helpfulness and kindness of Mieke and Wim. We loved our time here!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you Josie & DJ for sending us this wonderful review our way. We really appreciate it. Hope you swing by again one day. We really would love some pictures too of your beautiful wedding.
  • Meredith

Meredith L Bell · Married on 11/03/2018

The most perfect venue!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin. This venue is INCREDIBLE. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding venue. The owners are the SWEETEST and make it so easy every step of the way. The BnB is stunning, the rooms are pristine, the breakfast that they provide is delicious and the ceremony and reception space are beyond gorgeous. They made our dreams come true. RUN do not walk to visit this venue!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review already. Your wedding was just perfect in every way. We can't wait to see some pictures. All the best to you both and hopefully you will visit us again soon.

Kimberly · Married on 10/20/2018

Fairytale wedding venue

My husband and I searched all over the Tampa Bay area for weeks. When we found the Palmetto Riverside B&B, we knew that was it! The location is perfect, right on the water at a gorgeous house right across the water from hotels, great restaurants, and bars. We loved the cozy warm feeling of the house that made it feel as if we were throwing a wedding at a home with our family. What really makes this venue special is the owners Mieke and Wim. They are seriously the cutest, most amazing hosts. Their efforts go above and beyond, making you and your guests feel so special and welcome both before and during the big day. For instance, my husband and I are not from the area, but each time our parents or close friends visited, they graciously opened their doors and gave a full tour so that our family could see the venue. Even when we moved out of state, they were very communicative and easy to work with. Our guests were all blown away by the beautiful location and hospitality of Mieke and Wim. To top it off, the breakfast is divine! It was a perfect morning after treat to share with our newly joined family. We will be going back to visit, for sure! Thanks, Mieke and Wim for a perfect, special day.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Dear Kim and Keaton,

We are humbled with your lovely review. The best line for us on your comments is.... we will be back to visit. That is why we do this, to see our satisfied friends back for more visits. Thank you again for giving us the chance to working for you and we wish you both all the best in your professor careers!!!! We love you both! Mieke and Wim
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin McNally · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely beautiful - and easy to coordinate with from abroad!

We had the most wonderful wedding at the beautiful Palmetto Riverside BnB, and everything exceeded our expectations! We live in Switzerland and faced the challenge of organizing a wedding from abroad. Mieke and Wim made it easy in every way possible:
    1. They were so friendly, responsive and accommodating that we never had to worry or run around looking for answers to any questions or requests.
    2. They have worked with most of the vendors in the area and coordination between them all was simple and straightforward.
    3. The venue itself is so beautiful and well-equipped (tables, chairs, props, lights), any additional decoration was simply a matter of personalization and they were enthusiastic and flexible regarding our wishes.
    4. As Europeans who've lived in the US for many years, Mieke and Wim were open to our non-standard American wedding ideas.
    The whole experience of planning and hosting our wedding at the Palmetto Riverside BnB was so beautiful and so warm, we look forward to revisiting Mieke and Wim in the future (particularly for one of their fantastic dinners!).

Sent on 11/25/2018

Dear Kaitlin and Mark,
    First of all, we would like to thank you for being able to having worked for you and your lovely families. It has been an honor and great pleasure to have an American family meet a European family while hosting a Wedding. Fantastic experience, also for us, your hosts. Thank you also for the detailed thoughts which can certainly help for our future couples who are interested in using our services and venue. Looking very forward to having you join us again for our dinners. Best regards to you and your families. Mieke and Wim

Kayla · Married on 05/19/2018

This venue is an absolute dream, and the owners make it your reality. Wim and Mieke were absolutely AMAZING in handling our wedding. We felt like we were the only wedding they had all year, when in fact they have weddings every weekend. They were always available for a phone call and were ready to answer any questions my husband and I had, no matter when we called. They made us feel so special and helped take care of all the little details the day of. I didn't have any worries on my wedding day due to their generosity in handling so much. I can't give a high enough recommendation for this place.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Dear Kayla,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful feed back to our services as to hosting your Wedding. This is exactly what we like to achieve, hosting a Wedding just as it would be for our own. Thank you for your appreciations, truly, all we did for you was with a LOT of pleasure. Success in what the future will bring to you both. Very warm regards and hope to see you and your family, really soon. Hugs from Mieke and Wim