Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 6
Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 7

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

Arguelles Wedding 9/21/19

Our wedding at the BnB was an absolute DREAM! The owners, Mieke & Wim are the most welcoming, warm, patient, and thoughtful hosts. They are with you ever step of the way and were extremely responsive to my millions of questions. They take pride in what they do and it shows. The grounds are pristine and the view and breeze off the river is the perfect back drop. I could go on and on about the countless appreciations and admirations I have for both the location and it's hosts. Do not hesitate taking a tour of this gorgeous venue. It was the best decision we ever made!

Oh and don't get me started about the breakfast... YUMM!!

Thank you Mieke and Wim for the perfect day! :)

Sent on 09/30/2019

Dear Rachel and Gmo!
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write such nice comments about your experience at the BnB. We loved working for you since over a year, we as well have great memories and look very forward to seeing you as our BnB guests or dinner guests at the Bed and Breakfast in the next months to come. All the best in everything you do!!! Warm regards from Mieke and Wim
  • Clinton

Clinton · Married on 04/22/2019

Incredible Experience

Wim and Mieke have set up an incredible venue and also go the extra mile to make sure that everything is perfect. We signed up for the package allowing us to stay Friday evening and wake up ready to go on Saturday. They prepared breakfast for us both days and also stayed in constant contact with us and our coordinator to make sure everything was good to go.

The venue itself is beautiful - the breeze coming off the river negates the Florida heat and the views are amazing

Sent on 05/06/2019

Dear Mr and Mrs Sorrel,
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments in regards to your stay with us while hosting your Wedding at the BnB. So thankful to have had the opportunity to work for you in the last months. We are hopeful to seeing and welcoming you as a return BnB guest in the near future. All the best in your careers and future, we know it will be great. Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim

Shauna · Married on 03/23/2019

Wim and Mieke's B&B was perfect!

My husband and I were married in late March at Palmetto Riverside. After over six months of deliberating over wedding venues, we were thrilled to book with Wim & Mieke over a year ago. Throughout the entire planning process they answered any and every question and accommodated each request. The day prior they helped us unload boxes of decor of which I was incredibly thankful, and they were so patient when traffic held up 75% of our wedding party for the rehearsal dinner. On our wedding day they were present all day long and helped put together our ceremony and reception area with our coordinators. They made our day so special AND delivered a gorgeous breakfast the next morning! We have no regrets, our guests could not stop complimenting the venue, even local guests were blown away by this little oasis in Palmetto. We hope to return one day to celebrate our future anniversaries and, if we're lucky, other family and friend's weddings. If you're looking for a venue with top-notch facilities, fantastic communication and owners who will treat you and your loved ones like extended family, you've found it here.

Sent on 04/13/2019

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to host your big day here at our b&b. We really really hope you will make it down here again so we can toast on many more years. Congratulations & all the best.
  • Curtiss

Curtiss Homan · Married on 03/10/2019

Astounding Hidden Gem!!!

Mieke & Wim Lippens B & B was the perfect venue for our wedding. The layout flows perfectly, the scenery, ambiance, and decor are surreal. Day or night it is a wonderful location. The lippens are wonderful people very accommodating and made sure our night was to remember. As for the rooms they were beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable. I really don’t think you can go wrong with this venue and the price was more than fair.

Sent on 03/30/2019
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 17
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 18

Sammie · Married on 03/02/2019

Wedding Weekend

I always dreamed of having my wedding at the Bed & Breakfast since they opened it when I was in high school....they totally exceeded all of our expectations! Wim & Mieke are the most amazing hosts and made us feel at home all weekend (and every time we visited the venue before our big day). They are so welcoming and go above and beyond to helpmake our day/weekend perfect! I would recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding weekend or even just for a romantic get away! Their hospitality is second to none and the breakfast is quite literally the best we’ve ever had! They worked so well with our team of vendors to make everything happen the way we dreamed of - we love them and will definitely be back for a stay again! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 19

Dear Sammie and Dan,

We are so thrilled and thankful for your lovely words. YOU made it very easy for us, to work for you and your families. YOU are the best!!!
    It was an honor to getting to know you and we truly hope to see you many times in the future. Always welcome back!!!
    Hugs to you both.
    Mieke and Wim
  • Karina

Karina Concepcion · Married on 02/09/2019

A Slice of Heaven on the Manatee River

Words cannot express how PERFECT the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast is and how wonderful the owners Wim and Mieke are. When I started my initial search for venues, I currently live in Tampa, FL I knew I wanted it to be by the water, I wanted it to have a different "feel" to it and most importantly I had to be able to bring my own Wine since I've been in the Wine Industry for 15+ years :) I stumbled upon Palmetto BNB through a featured blog and fell in love. My husband Kyle and I wanted our parents, who live out of state, to come see the venue with us. We booked a site visit for the Friday after Thanksgiving in 2017 and brought them along. It just so happened to be parents anniversary and Wim and Mieke allowed us to arrange a special toast with their very own Champagne they make!! How wonderful is that! From our very first meeting, Wim and Mieke were so welcoming, accommodating and it truly felt like they were opening their home to us. We knew instantly this was the feeling we wanted all of our guests to experience during our wedding weekend. We decided to book two nights for our wedding weekend, and it was my husbands idea to have our immediate family stay with us. It was truly special to share the weekend and wake up with our parents and siblings under the same roof.

Leading up and throughout the weekend, it was all the "details" that made our wedding incredibly personal and our guest are still talking about! Fresh flowers in every room, Champagne and Wine for all our guest, allowing our families to truly relax and feel at home. I felt like I was seeing a movie production taking place as I got my hair and makeup done with my closest friends in the "bridal suit" and watched all the vendors bring the wedding space to life! The weather was perfect, it even rained a little and we are calling it "sprinkles of love". Every one of our guest, we had 125 people from out of state, were amazed at the beautiful setting and really appreciated the warm FL weather in February since they were leaving colder weather behind.

We can not recommend this venue enough, you truly will experience top notch attention and are not "just a number" like most other venues. We look forward to staying at the Inn as husband and wife and enjoying one of the Palmetto Bed and Breakfast Wine Dinners they now host!

Thank you Wim and Mieke for a wonderful wedding weekend!

Karina and Kyle

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 24
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 25
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 26

Dear Karina and Kyle,
    Waw...!!! We are thrilled and so content to receiving such kind words from you both. Almost speechless...
    Meeting you and your families was so lovely and then, during the months of planning, we were able to get to know your family a little better as well. We had champagne together, your Mom brewed delicious coffee one afternoon, etc.... in short.... it was perfect! Also for us. Having your family here, staying with us the entire weekend was a blast. Thank you also for including some wonderful pictures in your review. We had a bottle of your red wine last weekend and had a "cheers" to you and your families while enjoying it, thank you again.
    Always welcome and indeed, we hope to being able to having you as our guests at Dining@PalmettoRiverside as well.
    To long lasting friends!!! Mieke and Wim
  • Austi

Austi Garrison · Married on 02/02/2019

Beautiful Venue

I fell in love with the venue as soon as I found it online. When my now husband and I saw it in person for the first time, we were certain and looked no where else. The venue itself is beautiful and Wim and Mieke are the cherry on top of the cake. We had the pleasure of staying at the BnB for 2 nights and it was nothing short of delightful. They were so nice and accommodating to both us and our guests. In addition, we received countless compliments on how beautiful the location and decor of the BnB is from our guests, and they all wondered how we found such a wonderful place. We will be back to visit for a vacation sometime in the near future for sure!

Sent on 02/10/2019
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 27
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 28
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 29
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 30

Dear Austi and Garren,
    We herewith would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to write about your Wedding Experience at the Bed and Breakfast. You and your lovely family were wonderful to work for during the last year. We hope for you, life will bring you great things. All the best and again, ALWAYS welcome back!!! Mieke and Wim
  • Elyse

Elyse · Married on 01/20/2019

Best wedding venue and owners!

From the moment we went to tour the venue, we knew from the start that the blend of European flair, gorgeous landscape and refined hospitality would make our wedding day experience incredible. Wim and his wife ensured that every aspect of our wedding weekend was impeccable and that all of our needs were met. We happened to have a very off season weather forecast and unfortunately had to make a last minute decision to tent our ceremony space. Even though we had to tent it, it still looked fantastic and Wim and his wife were incredibly helpful with their flexibility to continue making the day of perfect. Their experience in coordinating with vendors and responsiveness to any questions (such as our panic about tenting last minute!) truly helped us feel at ease that our day would go smoothly. I would highly recommend them and staying the night before the wedding to get the full experience, especially their beautiful brunch!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Dear Elyse and Michael,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful and kind words. Planning a wedding for a lovely couple from NY has been an honor and pleasure for Mieke and myself. Thank you very much for your trust in what we do. We hope to seeing you here at the BnB as a return BnB guest in the near future, maybe also we can cook dinner for you? Anyway, always welcome back and our kindest regards to your entire families.
    Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim

Scott Williamson · Married on 12/15/2018

Our Dream Wedding !!!

On December 15, 2018, we had our dream wedding at this beautiful bed and breakfast!! The architecture of the house( bed and breakfast) was vintage and classic, the grounds were perfectly maintained and beautiful, and the ceremony back drop had a large old oak tree with the river in the background. All of this however did not make this our dream wedding alone. What really made it for us was the SUPERIOR service provided by the owners of the bed and breakfast, Mieke and Wim. They were always available to meet with us throughout the process and were a wealth of knowledge on setup, vendors, decorating, etc. We met with them several times and they truly listened to what we wanted and remembered every detail. Communication was always timely when we had a question with them responding always the same day. The days leading up to the wedding and day of we were a little worried about the weather, but Wim and Mieke were confident that it was going to be fine which help to keep us calm and they were right ! The weather cleared a few hours before the ceremony and it was perfect !! It did rain a little during setting up, but guess what? Wim and Mieke had a back up plan ready and were able to cover all table with tarps with the help of others. My main point here is.... If you want a perfect, seamless , almost stress-free wedding pick this Venue!!

Scott & Tricia

Sent on 01/19/2019

Dear Scott and Tricia,
    Thank you very much first of all for your wonderful review. We are very grateful that you have taken the time to sit down and write about your experience after having hosted your Wedding at the BnB. We met several times indeed, you came for dinner at the BnB prior to your Wedding (which is very special to us and appreciate a lot), we enjoyed a glass of wine together on several occaisions, etc.... in short... by the time your Wedding weekend came up, we knew exactly how you wanted to have your Wedding. This of course was very helpful to us and we are very honored with your comments. We hope to see you again real soon and wish you all the best in the future, we know it will be GREAT!!! Congratulations again. Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim
  • Jennifer Lucy

Jennifer Lucy · Married on 12/08/2018

Perfect for us!

I had searched 10 other venues before visiting the B&B. The moment I saw it I knew there was no where else that would compare. Everything just seemed to flow with planning my wedding here. All of my vendors that had worked here in the past were VERY happy to work here again, and other vendors who had not worked here said they absolutely enjoyed their experience and would want to work there again too! My guests are still talking about how everything was so beautiful and how they liked the exclusivity of our venue. Our immediate family stayed with us in the B & B from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. This allowed us to get some family bonding time during such an important part of our lives. We cannot wait to join Mieka and Whim in the future at their restaurant and as guests of the B&B on special occasions and romantic getaway! Our whole wedding experience with them was like a fairy tale. They roll out the red carpet but at the same time make you feel like family.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Dear Jennifer and Ryan,
    We like to express our gratitude for receiving this wonderful review from you. All of this came together not only because of us helping you, no... it was really you who was so well organized that made it easier for us to fulfill your ideas and plans. Thank YOU! Also of course, the nights you stayed with us prior to your Wedding gave us great memories that we cherish. (only then you informed us what a Champion you were in different horse disciplines). We have a lot of respect for this.
    We hope to see you again in the near future and send you our best for the future. Warm regards from Mieke and Wim
  • Josie

Josie · Married on 11/17/2018

Josie Grant

Mieke and Wim (the owners) were an absolute dream to work with! The venue is stunning and such a perfect setting for an amazing wedding. We had guests coming up to us all night telling us they had never been to a more beautiful wedding. We are so thankful we were able to be married here this past weekend.
    The venue has an old world, beautiful European charm mixed with the beauty of the river and sailboats anchored in front.
    We really cannot recommend this place enough, or say enough about the helpfulness and kindness of Mieke and Wim. We loved our time here!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you Josie & DJ for sending us this wonderful review our way. We really appreciate it. Hope you swing by again one day. We really would love some pictures too of your beautiful wedding.
  • Meredith

Meredith L Bell · Married on 11/03/2018

The most perfect venue!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin. This venue is INCREDIBLE. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding venue. The owners are the SWEETEST and make it so easy every step of the way. The BnB is stunning, the rooms are pristine, the breakfast that they provide is delicious and the ceremony and reception space are beyond gorgeous. They made our dreams come true. RUN do not walk to visit this venue!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review already. Your wedding was just perfect in every way. We can't wait to see some pictures. All the best to you both and hopefully you will visit us again soon.

Kimberly · Married on 10/20/2018

Fairytale wedding venue

My husband and I searched all over the Tampa Bay area for weeks. When we found the Palmetto Riverside B&B, we knew that was it! The location is perfect, right on the water at a gorgeous house right across the water from hotels, great restaurants, and bars. We loved the cozy warm feeling of the house that made it feel as if we were throwing a wedding at a home with our family. What really makes this venue special is the owners Mieke and Wim. They are seriously the cutest, most amazing hosts. Their efforts go above and beyond, making you and your guests feel so special and welcome both before and during the big day. For instance, my husband and I are not from the area, but each time our parents or close friends visited, they graciously opened their doors and gave a full tour so that our family could see the venue. Even when we moved out of state, they were very communicative and easy to work with. Our guests were all blown away by the beautiful location and hospitality of Mieke and Wim. To top it off, the breakfast is divine! It was a perfect morning after treat to share with our newly joined family. We will be going back to visit, for sure! Thanks, Mieke and Wim for a perfect, special day.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Dear Kim and Keaton,

We are humbled with your lovely review. The best line for us on your comments is.... we will be back to visit. That is why we do this, to see our satisfied friends back for more visits. Thank you again for giving us the chance to working for you and we wish you both all the best in your professor careers!!!! We love you both! Mieke and Wim
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin McNally · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely beautiful - and easy to coordinate with from abroad!

We had the most wonderful wedding at the beautiful Palmetto Riverside BnB, and everything exceeded our expectations! We live in Switzerland and faced the challenge of organizing a wedding from abroad. Mieke and Wim made it easy in every way possible:
    1. They were so friendly, responsive and accommodating that we never had to worry or run around looking for answers to any questions or requests.
    2. They have worked with most of the vendors in the area and coordination between them all was simple and straightforward.
    3. The venue itself is so beautiful and well-equipped (tables, chairs, props, lights), any additional decoration was simply a matter of personalization and they were enthusiastic and flexible regarding our wishes.
    4. As Europeans who've lived in the US for many years, Mieke and Wim were open to our non-standard American wedding ideas.
    The whole experience of planning and hosting our wedding at the Palmetto Riverside BnB was so beautiful and so warm, we look forward to revisiting Mieke and Wim in the future (particularly for one of their fantastic dinners!).

Sent on 11/25/2018

Dear Kaitlin and Mark,
    First of all, we would like to thank you for being able to having worked for you and your lovely families. It has been an honor and great pleasure to have an American family meet a European family while hosting a Wedding. Fantastic experience, also for us, your hosts. Thank you also for the detailed thoughts which can certainly help for our future couples who are interested in using our services and venue. Looking very forward to having you join us again for our dinners. Best regards to you and your families. Mieke and Wim

Kayla · Married on 05/19/2018

This venue is an absolute dream, and the owners make it your reality. Wim and Mieke were absolutely AMAZING in handling our wedding. We felt like we were the only wedding they had all year, when in fact they have weddings every weekend. They were always available for a phone call and were ready to answer any questions my husband and I had, no matter when we called. They made us feel so special and helped take care of all the little details the day of. I didn't have any worries on my wedding day due to their generosity in handling so much. I can't give a high enough recommendation for this place.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Dear Kayla,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful feed back to our services as to hosting your Wedding. This is exactly what we like to achieve, hosting a Wedding just as it would be for our own. Thank you for your appreciations, truly, all we did for you was with a LOT of pleasure. Success in what the future will bring to you both. Very warm regards and hope to see you and your family, really soon. Hugs from Mieke and Wim
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 04/14/2018

On our quest to finding the perfect venue not once did we image it would only be 15 minutes away from our house. Palmetto Bed and Breakfast is a hidden Jem. The owner's hospitality, professionalism, and quality of service goes beyond what anyone could imagine. After our first visit 2 years ago we immediately knew this was it. There was no need to look any further.
    Anything and everything that could go wrong went wrong on my wedding day. My father in law was involved in a hit and run hours before the ceremony and Tropical Storm Alberto was determined to make his appearance. Wem and Mieka went beyond and made sure nothing would rain on our parade. Wem helped my husband pick up his father from the scene of the accident and Mieka did whatever she could to make sure I had the wedding of my dreams. Overall everything went well and we did not have to revert to plan b.
    Thank you Wem and Mieka for taking care of us! It will forever be engraved in our hearts. We can not wait to dine at your restaurant and possibly have our baby shower there soon.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Dear Tiffany and Kevin,
    We are humbled with your lovely review and comments. It really was "easy" to do all the work for such warm and kind people like you. Again, we are sorry and hope that your parents will be OK after the car accident they were in due to a crazy driver. Pass our best regards to them. We indeed planned the Wedding starting a long time ago, but when the actual weekend date came, you could FULLY enjoy. Congratulations again and indeed, we would LOVE to host another party for you in the near future. Many hugs and kisses to you both from Mieke and Wim

Elizaveta · Married on 04/07/2018

When it comes to Mieke and Wim (the owners of the B&B who are beyond passionate about their business), I don't know how to describe the level of hospitality my husband and I, our family and guests received during our stay. They went above and beyond to help us make our event absolutely perfect - we live in New York and fell in love with the venue from the first glance. Needless to say, planning the event from far away was going to be hard (or so we thought) but Mieke and Wim took so much stress off our shoulders. From vendor recommendations to receiving our packages and answering our endless questions, they were with us every step of the way.

Their patience and hospitality didn't go unnoticed with our family and guests - we received endless compliments about both, the venue and the owners!

We are all extremely grateful for their hard work which made our Big Day worry-free and would recommend Palmetto B&B to any couple looking for a beautiful, charming and elegant wedding venue while also wanting to create a sense of home by having your family spend the night and waking up in the room next door.

Sent on 04/21/2018

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

First of all we would like to thank you for the extremely nice compliments we received in your review. Not only you celebrated your big day but we enjoyed so much every minute of your wedding. Your first dance was one of the best we ever had at the b&b. Hope you will come see us on your next visit to sunny Florida.

Kayla · Married on 03/24/2018

I cannot say enough about how WONDERFUL this venue is! My husband, Griffin and I got married on March 24th, 2018 and it was the most incredible weekend of our lives. Mieke and Wim made the experience exceptional and we are forever grateful for their kind and warm hospitality! They went above and beyond as they welcomed our families and guests with such warmth and made our entire wedding weekend feel so special. Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful, charming and romantic our venue was! We highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for the most perfect, elegant, and romantic wedding! We will cherish the memories we made here forever and we cannot wait to come back and visit! Thank you so much Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast!

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 36
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 37
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 38

Dear Kayla and Griffin,
    Thank you so much for your lovely words of support AND including the very useful pictures as well.
    We love you both and are excited to see you and both your parents as well, in the very near future.
    Keep in touch and all the best to you both in whatever adventure you will participate.
    Fondly,
    Mieke and Wim

Gillian · Married on 03/17/2018

There are not enough stars to list how amazing this place is. We just had our wedding here on June 2, 2018. The owners, Wim and Mieke, are unbelievably kind, generous, and genuine. They literally make you feel like their family and worked perfectly and professionally with all of our vendors. I can't tell you how many compliments I got just on them alone. They worked with us for over a year to plan our day and at this point we plan to go back to stay with them as soon as, and as many times as we can! To go into more detail of the day: We had our rehearsal at the B&B on Friday; the bridal party, mothers, and I stayed the night at the B&B that night (let me describe the rooms- large beds, walk-in showers, classic/historic, but modern feel; full, large kitchen; indoor porch with beautiful china for brunch, catering room, indoor space for cake and food/buffet, TV with Skype to chat with people who may not be able to attend your event, HUGE bridal suite with gorgeous views, right on the water; in the back/reception area one of my favorite things is that they have painted the overhang ceilings blue and installed little lights that look like stars, I could probably go on forever). In the morning, we woke up at our own leisure to an amazing homemade breakfast of smoothies, fresh fruit, custard, yogurt parfaits, assorted bakery items, and Belgian waffles with orange juice, coffee, and champagne. The entire morning went flawlessly, I didn't have to lift a finger to set up anything and best part of all, make any day-of decisions; needless to say, I was absolutely relaxed and stress-free. Wim and Mieke begin to feel like a old friends and by the end of everything, I was sad just to leave them. They sent us off with a bottle of champagne the day after our wedding. I can not stress enough how amazing this place is (because it is purely gorgeous), but it wouldn't be the same without the amazing owners. Thank you again Wim and Mieke!!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Dear Gillian and Brendan,
    We do not know how we can thank you for your very kind comments. It has just been a pleasure for us from day 1. We met many times here on site to go over all the details and I think it indeed paid off. We, together with all your vendors who we know, were able and lucky to work for you. We are humbled and thankful. ALWAYS welcome to the BnB, don't wait too long!!! Sincerely yours, Mieke and Wim

Bobbi · Married on 02/17/2018

I would give this venue 10 stars if it was an option! From the minute we walked in to “look” the owners Wim & Mieke have done nothing but go ABOVE AND BEYOND! If you want hospitality, kindness, efficiency, laughs, quality and an AMAZING experience then book at this bed and breakfast! I cannot Thank Wim and Mieke enough for my dream wedding. It was truly a fairy tale come true for us! On top of the amazing fairy tale wedding, we were able to wake up and have a 5 star breakfast with a breath taking view! I could go on and on about how amazing this experience was and how perfect my wedding was! Thank you Palmetto Riverside! You make dreams come true! Thank you for everything you’ve done for us!

Sent on 02/19/2018
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 46
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 47
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 48

Dear Bobbi and Brandon,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on the services we have provided to you while hosting your Wedding last weekend. After having met several times to go over all the logistics in regards to your Wedding, we know exactly what and how you wanted your Wedding to look and feel like, we worked together with you and are so grateful that your wedding surpassed your expectations. We are honored and look forward to seeing you again soon. All the best in your future!!! The Lippens family

Laurie · Married on 01/27/2018

Words cannot express how much I love this venue and this host family! Very honestly, from my heart, if you want a joyful wedding experience, and an absolutely stunning venue... Book the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast! My husband and I got married in January, and we cannot stop talking about how truly blessed we were to find this venue, but more importantly Wim and Mieke! They are the kindest people, and they make your entire wedding experience absolutely wonderful, from when you first tour their beautiful bed and breakfast to when you walk down the aisle.

I could go on and on about the Wim and Mieke and their beautiful venue, but all I can say is PLEASE go visit and book this venue!! :)

Sent on 07/29/2018

Dear Laurie,
    So good to hear from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a beautiful review. Isn't it hard to believe that your wedding was back in January? We really hope you both are doing great and enjoying this hot rainy summer. Always welcome my friends!!!!

Brittany · Married on 01/20/2018

Bottom Line Up Front: Book this venue if you want to guarantee that your wedding is beautiful, super well organized, and run by two of the world's sweetest and most accommodating people.

I found this venue by happenstance. It was my first day of visits and I was feeling defeated and anxious. My fiance was deployed and I was hunting for a place with my mom. My mom suggested we drive around the historic part of Palmetto before trekking home. As we rounded the corner onto Riverside Drive, I saw that the lawn had been set with gorgeous white chairs in preparation for a wedding. My eyes filled with tears because it was everything I'd ever envisioned for my wedding. We took a tour (came back the following day because Wim and Mieke do not allow couples to tour while they are preparing for a wedding; and to give the bride and groom that courtesy was the start of a million ways that these two are the best venue owners you will meet).

Wim walked us through the entire property and explained everything. I asked a million questions and each time I asked if my request would be extra; and each time, he looked at me quizzically and said "No, of course not." Wim and Mieke help with literally every single thing that you would ever need or want for your wedding day.

The B&B has the perfect location: hotels about one mile away, with the historic part of Bradenton within walking distance of all of the accommodations -- perfect for out-of-towners looking to enjoy a little holiday in Florida. Beaches are within half an hour! The B&B also has the perfect mix of rustic, Florida charm and modern amentities.

Wim and Mieke have thought of every little detail when it comes to ensuring you and your guests have a wonderful experience.

After my wedding, my family and friends asked me if there was ANYTHING I would change or do differently and I can say with 100% certainty: "no!" If you choose this venue for your wedding you will be blown away and so will your guests.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Dear Brittany and Sam,
    Waw... you did not wait long at all to sit down and write us this wonderful review. Thank you so much! Although we did not meet too often while helping with your Wedding planning due to distance, the moment you walked in last Friday while celebrating your Wedding Weekend with us, it felt like we had known each other for a long time..... You felt "at home" immediately and that is what it is all about. We had a great time together with you and your family/friends, all wonderful people. Thank YOU for hosting one of the most memorable days in your lives at our BnB. We hope to see you soon again and wish you all the best! See you soon. The Lippens family

Vanessa · Married on 12/09/2017

Our weekend at the Palmetto Riverside Bnb was magical. I cannot tell you enough how wonderful Wim and Mieke were during our wedding weekend. Their hospitality is unmatched by any place or event I have ever been to.Their kindness and warmth made me feel right at ease when we first met them. They made the planning process so easy, always so quick and ready to respond to emails or phone calls. We were worried about rain on the day of our wedding, but Wim and Mieke already had back up plans. They made sure that you as a guest were always taken care of! I had no worries whatsoever because I knew they would find a way to make our day perfect. Which they did!! Their attention to detail is amazing! I had family, friends and wedding party guests all comment on just how beautiful the venue and hosts were!

The venue itself is a perfect location right on the Manatee River overlooking the water. There is a stunning tree in the front of the BnB that has moss hanging down and it just looks so romantic. The Bnb is kept in pristine condition! The location is close in proximity to the Bradenton historic area--great bars and hotels for wedding guests.

The Riverside suite we stayed in was wonderful, gorgeous windows with natural sunlight looking in--we could see the water and beautiful tree from there. Gorgeous room!
    We highly recommend the Riverside Palmetto BnB, I can guarantee it will be PERFECT!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Dear Vanessa and Ashley,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay with us while hosting your Wedding at our Bed and Breakfast. There is always "some magic" hanging in the air while hosting a European-American Wedding.... so much fun!!! We truly hope that you will be visiting us again soon so we can look back at the fabulous weekend we had with you and your families. All the best to you for the future! We know it will be GREAT!!! Best regards to you, from The Lippens family

Melanie · Married on 12/02/2017

If you want to have an amazing wedding that you, your families & guests will always remember- you have found the right place!! Upon our first visit to the B&B, we immediately fell in love and knew that we had to get married here. I am so glad that we did!

There are no words to describe how grateful we are for our amazing wedding experience, Wim & Mieke! The venue itself is beautiful and everything we had hoped for, but your service, flexibility, and attention to detail is what truly made our wedding so very special to us. We felt at home from the very beginning of our planning process all the way through our wedding weekend. We will definitely be returning in the future and look forward to it.

-Mel & Lee

Sent on 02/06/2018

Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Dear Melanie and Lee, Thank you so much for your lovely review. Yes, you are indeed correct.... when you walk in to our BnB you should feel immediately at HOME.... Reading from you that THAT is what you felt, makes our day. Thank you for being able to have worked for you, it has been our outmost pleasure. We look Very forward to seeing you both soon again as you come and join us for Dinner at the BnB. Cheers to you both, kisses from Mieke and Wim

Kim · Married on 11/11/2017

Wim and Mieke and their staff are the absolutely best hosts anyone could ever ask for on their wedding weekend! We were made to feel comfortable from the very first planning visit, sharing travel stories and Belgian beer! As the Mother and Father of the Bride, we felt like we had friends to help us through all of the small things that make a wedding incredibly special and memorable. This historic B&B is breathtaking, both outside and inside - with a gorgeous old tree in the front yard, and a view that never disappoints, a patio that was perfect for our outdoor, destination Florida wedding. The rooms were beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable and private for each of our family guests, and the breakfasts were amazing - with a European flare for cheeses and meats, Belgian waffles, quiche, croissants, fresh fruits, coffee and specialty drinks to die for!!! Thank you so much for making our wedding weekend picture perfect, memorable, and for joining our family in our very special celebration! You are incredibly gracious hosts and we love you for it!!! Sincerely, Kim & Mike

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 49
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 50
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 51
    Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast 52

Dear family,
    We are truly humbled and honored with your lovely comments on the experience you had at our BnB while celebrating the Wedding of your Daughter and Son-in-Law. We as well, had a great time having you for several days as our guests. It was also special for us being able to "serve" you, Bride AND Groom, after all the years of you "serving" the USA as fighter pilots in the AirForce. You are both incredible people and we respect you very much! All the best in your future and we hope to see you again soon. Best to you, Mieke and Wim