93 Reviews for PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST

Covered Outdoor (5)
Wheelchair Access (5)
Liability Insurance (1)
93 PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST Reviews

I would give this venue 10 stars if it was an option! From the minute we walked in to “look” the owners Wim & Mieke have done nothing but go ABOVE AND BEYOND! If you want hospitality, kindness, efficiency, laughs, quality and an AMAZING experience then book at this bed and breakfast! I cannot Thank Wim and Mieke enough for my dream wedding. It was truly a fairy tale come true for us! On top of the amazing fairy tale wedding, we were able to wake up and have a 5 star breakfast with a breath taking view! I could go on and on about how amazing this experience was and how perfect my wedding was! Thank you Palmetto Riverside! You make dreams come true! Thank you for everything you’ve done for us!

Photos
Profile Picture Bobbi, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Bottom Line Up Front: Book this venue if you want to guarantee that your wedding is beautiful, super well organized, and run by two of the world's sweetest and most accommodating people.

I found this venue by happenstance. It was my first day of visits and I was feeling defeated and anxious. My fiance was deployed and I was hunting for a place with my mom. My mom suggested we drive around the historic part of Palmetto before trekking home. As we rounded the corner onto Riverside Drive, I saw that the lawn had been set with gorgeous white chairs in preparation for a wedding. My eyes filled with tears because it was everything I'd ever envisioned for my wedding. We took a tour (came back the following day because Wim and Mieke do not allow couples to tour while they are preparing for a wedding; and to give the bride and groom that courtesy was the start of a million ways that these two are the best venue owners you will meet).

Wim walked us through the entire property and explained everything. I asked a million questions and each time I asked if my request would be extra; and each time, he looked at me quizzically and said "No, of course not." Wim and Mieke help with literally every single thing that you would ever need or want for your wedding day.

The B&B has the perfect location: hotels about one mile away, with the historic part of Bradenton within walking distance of all of the accommodations -- perfect for out-of-towners looking to enjoy a little holiday in Florida. Beaches are within half an hour! The B&B also has the perfect mix of rustic, Florida charm and modern amentities.

Wim and Mieke have thought of every little detail when it comes to ensuring you and your guests have a wonderful experience.

After my wedding, my family and friends asked me if there was ANYTHING I would change or do differently and I can say with 100% certainty: "no!" If you choose this venue for your wedding you will be blown away and so will your guests.

Profile Picture Brittany, 1/20/18, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Our weekend at the Palmetto Riverside Bnb was magical. I cannot tell you enough how wonderful Wim and Mieke were during our wedding weekend. Their hospitality is unmatched by any place or event I have ever been to.Their kindness and warmth made me feel right at ease when we first met them. They made the planning process so easy, always so quick and ready to respond to emails or phone calls. We were worried about rain on the day of our wedding, but Wim and Mieke already had back up plans. They made sure that you as a guest were always taken care of! I had no worries whatsoever because I knew they would find a way to make our day perfect. Which they did!! Their attention to detail is amazing! I had family, friends and wedding party guests all comment on just how beautiful the venue and hosts were!

The venue itself is a perfect location right on the Manatee River overlooking the water. There is a stunning tree in the front of the BnB that has moss hanging down and it just looks so romantic. The Bnb is kept in pristine condition! The location is close in proximity to the Bradenton historic area--great bars and hotels for wedding guests.

The Riverside suite we stayed in was wonderful, gorgeous windows with natural sunlight looking in--we could see the water and beautiful tree from there. Gorgeous room!
We highly recommend the Riverside Palmetto BnB, I can guarantee it will be PERFECT!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor

If you want to have an amazing wedding that you, your families & guests will always remember- you have found the right place!! Upon our first visit to the B&B, we immediately fell in love and knew that we had to get married here. I am so glad that we did!

There are no words to describe how grateful we are for our amazing wedding experience, Wim & Mieke! The venue itself is beautiful and everything we had hoped for, but your service, flexibility, and attention to detail is what truly made our wedding so very special to us. We felt at home from the very beginning of our planning process all the way through our wedding weekend. We will definitely be returning in the future and look forward to it.

-Mel & Lee

Profile Picture Melanie, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Wim and Mieke and their staff are the absolutely best hosts anyone could ever ask for on their wedding weekend! We were made to feel comfortable from the very first planning visit, sharing travel stories and Belgian beer! As the Mother and Father of the Bride, we felt like we had friends to help us through all of the small things that make a wedding incredibly special and memorable. This historic B&B is breathtaking, both outside and inside - with a gorgeous old tree in the front yard, and a view that never disappoints, a patio that was perfect for our outdoor, destination Florida wedding. The rooms were beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable and private for each of our family guests, and the breakfasts were amazing - with a European flare for cheeses and meats, Belgian waffles, quiche, croissants, fresh fruits, coffee and specialty drinks to die for!!! Thank you so much for making our wedding weekend picture perfect, memorable, and for joining our family in our very special celebration! You are incredibly gracious hosts and we love you for it!!! Sincerely, Kim & Mike

Profile Picture Kim, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast last weekend, and it was the best weekend of our life’s. From the first time we walked in to look at the venue Whim and Mieke made us feel like family. Palmetto was the first and last venue I looked at, I was so impressed. Our whole entire experience was amazing and we wish we could relive it over and over again. Thank you Whim and Mieke for making us feel so special and for helping to put together the best day!

Profile Picture Brianna, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't typically give anyone a review of 5 out of 5, but if I could, I would give Wim and Mieke a 6 out of 5. Our wedding weekend was beyond our expectations, in every way. Our vendors were wonderful and the setting was absolutely beautiful, but Wim and Mieke made our day magical. Their hospitality is like no other I have ever experienced. Their family will do everything in their power to make your day so special and everything you ever imagined. We will not only refer this fantastic bed and breakfast for anyone looking for the most wonderful wedding venue in the Sarasota/Tampa Bay area, but as well as a romantic getaway for our friends and family. My husband and I will be back to visit with our new friends and to celebrate anniversaries to come. Thank you for everything, Lippens family.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words can't express how wonderful Mieke and Wim are. What a wonderful venue and we will
Never forget how great you both are and your wonderful hospitality. Thank you for making our special day a success. -Jimmy and Jennifer 6/24/17

Profile Picture Jennifer , 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Absolutely the best wedding experience--more than we we could have hoped for! Meike and Wim were amazing and ensured that everything went well for our special day. We definitely recommend this venue to anyone who wants a truly memorable experience!

Profile Picture Robert, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

There is literally nothing you need to know before booking this venue! Let Wim and Mieke walk you through the process. They are an amazing out of this world (ok - well at least out of this country!) couple who will never cease to amaze you. The only thing you need to know is that your wedding will unfold as it should - extraordinarily! From the bed (rooms are charming beyond reproach) to the breakfast (Belgian waffles - what else would you expect from a family from Belgium?), the inn itself was described by my daughter as Downton Abbey-esque. No words could ring truer. From the gourmet breakfast feast prepared by Mieke and Wim to the inn's own champagne imbibed in the evening in the sitting area, the amenities will leave you breathless. Aside from the fairy-tale like lodgings, the ceremony and reception areas resonate with such class and splendor that you want to pinch yourself. Watching Wim drape the fabric over the majestic oak-tree as it framed the chandelier I couldn't help but hold back tears until I actually saw the same view as I walked down the aisle and then, the floodgates opened. Beautiful. Just beautiful. And the courtyard with the twinkling lights was the perfect backdrop for our enchanted evening. Achieving our dream wedding was something I approached tentatively - after all, things go wrong, right? Not in this case. Every detail was thought of and executed flawlessly. I could go on ad infinitum, but suffice it to say that you will simply have to experience the process yourselves in order to fully appreciate what the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast has to offer. We couldn't have chosen a better venue had the angels peeked out of heaven and beckoned us to join them. We loved this place and were woefully sad to leave. Until we return for our anniversary (which I'm hoping will be our "month" and not our "year" anniversary!), we will cherish every moment we spent at the inn with great fondness and lots and lots of love. The Fetzers

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

From our very first visit to the Palmetto Riverside B&B to our goodbye hugs with Mieke and Wim on the day after our wedding, the entire wedding journey was an absolute delight. We initially chose the B&B because of family ties to the area, but found that we had stumbled on an absolute gem of venues that is unlikely to be matched anywhere.

The charming historic home, the private dock, the Spanish Moss draped Oak tree overlooking the Manatee River and the reception area strung with sparking lights make for the most lovely wedding location, but the hospitality and experience created by the proprietors is unprecedented. Mieke and Wim are the most gracious family devoted to making your experience the very best. If you are looking for your wedding weekend to be beautiful, this is your place. If you are looking to create memories that will last a lifetime with your friends and family there cannot be a better place. Feeling a little jealous of all the lucky brides and grooms and families who have a PRBB wedding in front of them but also counting down the days till our anniversary so we can book a trip back to see our friends Mieke and Wim (see y'all soon!)!

With love and thankfulness,
The Fiduras

Profile Picture Nellie, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely beautiful! The best thing about it is Wim & Mieke own it. They are the most easy going people. From the first time we met to the day after our wedding, both of them made us feel so welcome, comfortable and special. Our guests were very impressed by the venue and how Wim & Mieke truly provided the highest customer service.
Thank you for everything! It really was our best day ever.
Xo Natalia & Matthew George

Profile Picture Natalia, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I don't have enough praise to sing about this beautiful venue and the amazing owners.
My husband and I knew we wanted a waterfront wedding in Florida without the beach. Not as easy as it sounds. I was stunned at the beauty and serenity that the venue offered- outside and in. The front yard (and wedding locale) is lush, green, and spotted with perfectly manicured flowerbeds. It overlooks the Manatee River for a perfect water-view without the sand. The existing arch is under a gorgeous tree with Spanish moss. The back patio is host to the reception site. We had 12 tables and one large head table and still had plenty of room for our guests to bust a move. They recently added a movable bar to the venue, as well! Hanging lights decorate the area to add to the ambiance. Inside is a large reception area that we used for a buffet. The inside of the Bed and Breakfast is tastefully decorated and is the perfect setting for getting-ready photos offering lots of natural light!

As beautiful as the venue is, however, Meike and Wim really sealed the deal. Simply put- they are fantastic. They were always available for the endless questions I had while planning, and very accommodating when I needed to come look at something/take photos etc. They offered insight, suggestions, and an extensive list of preferred vendors (although, you can choose your own vendors- something we loved as well.) Day-of they even assisted in setup and breakdown. This couple made us feel at home every time we stepped through the door.

Honestly, Mieke and Wim- Thank you! I truthfully could not have imagined a better experience. We had the wedding of our dreams and can not wait to return to relive that amazing day over and over!

Profile Picture Jess, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

We can't say enough about Mieke and Wim and their beautiful B&B!!! They are both so friendly and we felt so at ease planning our wedding at Palmetto Riverside. We knew right away that is was the perfect location for our wedding. The B&B and grounds are meticulously maintained with every detail in mind. The B&B has a gorgeous interior with a large bridal suite that me and 8 other women were able to get hair and makeup done in and relax all day before he wedding began. The trees, plants, and tropical greenery create such an inviting and picturesque setting. We were married beneath a large oak tree covered in Spanish moss with the water view behind us. It couldn't have been more perfect. Our flower girls and ring bearer played on the swing they have (we had the ropes covered in greenery and flowers for photos). Our reception was held on their large patio- look it up to see photos. Simply beautiful and we have received so many compliments. Mieke and Wim were available to answer any of our questions and were so inviting and warm. I can't forget to mention the breakfast!!! It was amazing and you have to visit to try it. Smoothies, homemade yogurt and granola, fresh squeezed OJ, waffles, quiche, fruits, meats and cheeses, breads and croissants...we were spoiled! I can't recommend this location enough. We can't wait to be back there visiting! It was a dream! Thank you Mieke and Wim!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/27/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast was by far the best decision we made planning our big day. My fiancé and I visited multiple venues and within the first 5 minutes of visiting the Palmetto B&B and meeting with the owners, Wim and Mieke, we knew this was the perfect venue for us. Wim and Mieke truly make you feel like family and want to make your wedding as perfect as possible and help bring your vision to life. The grounds speak for themselves with their natural beauty set along the river with so many great backdrops for photos and you can tell the detail Wim and Mieke put into keeping the property in pristine condition. They were both always so quick to respond to every email and recommended an A-list group of local vendors, which was extremely helpful in narrowing down our search. Just a few examples of what you can expect on your wedding weekend, Wim and Mieke had wine and beer waiting for our wedding party when we arrived for our rehearsal, helped prepare a bridal brunch and a beer cooler for the groomsmen while getting ready, and most importantly, went above and beyond to quickly rearrange the venue when we got some unexpected rain and ensured everything went off as planned without skipping a beat. We woke up the day after our wedding to the most amazing breakfast and feeling so thankful we choose the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast to host our wedding. If you're looking for the best venue in the Tampa/Sarasota area, look no further than the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast. Thank you Wim and Mieke for the best day of our lives that we will never forget! - The Capito's

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast is unlike any venue that I have ever seen! From the moment we first met Wim and Mieke, we knew that we had to get married at the B&B. Not only is the property full of character on the inside and out, but it is the owners, kindness, willingness to help, attention to detail, and pure love for what they do that makes this venue the most magical place ever to get married. Every single one of our wedding guests commented on the beauty of the B&B. However, as mentioned if you are looking for people who actually care that the most important day of your life is everything you've ever wanted and more, then you must give Wim and Mieke a call. They are the BEST in the business!!!

Profile Picture kaitlin, 3/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot express the sincere gratitude My husband and I have for Wim and Mieke, they made our dream wedding possible. This venue was the most beautiful location we could have ever picked, and they far exceeded our expectations with all of the help. If you want to have the best wedding/or even just a stay at the BnB..this should be the top choice on your list!

Profile Picture Lauren , 2/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you’re considering this venue, DO IT!! They take the best care of you and basically everything else! It felt like I was working with family!

Profile Picture Lacee, 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the perfect venue! I grew up in Sarasota, FL and wanted to get married in there . I looked all over and so many places are crazy expensive. You have to use their vendors, plus you feel like a number to the owners (don't even actually get to meet them, just who ever is running it that day). Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast is like a retreat. The moment I got there I felt at home. Wim & Mieke (the Owners) are unbelievably lovely. They greet you with wine or beer and are just so polite. There is so much history with the house and the house next door. The historic house sits on the water with a view of a hundred sail boats on your left and beautiful open waters on your right. The beautiful tree, lights, and style of the house is just perfect. Not to mention you are free to use whatever vendors you want. They have a list if you are from out of state and need help (or even in state) but still you can choose. I visited the B&B maybe twenty times over the course of the year and each time Wim & Mieke were so welcoming. Even now that the wedding is over they said I and my husband are welcomed any time. The other unique thing is that they only have one wedding a weekend. So you have the flexibility to get ready/set up the day before and pick up the day after. Unlike other Venues where you have to set up that day and take it down that night. If you realize you are missing something in the set up you now have time to go and get what is needed. You have options to have the Venue to stay for one night (inluding two suites), or to rent more rooms (6 total since it is a Bed & Breakfast) for one night, or two nights, etc. They cook a BEAUTIFUL breakfast for you the next day or when you decide. I could go on...however, I will come to an end. The experience you get with choosing this Venue is wonderful. I am so thankful for it. Good luck with looking for your Venue, if you can please check out this one! You won't be sorry! Thank you so much again Wim & Mieke for everything!

Profile Picture Julianna, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely amazing. The owners go above and beyond to make everything perfect. They make you feel at home while staying at the bed and breakfast. I would highly recommend Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast.

Profile Picture User6565884, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Wim and Mieke treat every couple and their families like their own family. Even though they host a wedding every weekend, you would think that yours was the only wedding on their mind! They go above and beyond to help in any way possible from setting up decor to making sure that your bridal party has everything they need. The B&B is absolutely the most romantic place in the area to host a wedding! The house, the grounds, the reception venue are all A+++. Thanks, for the best wedding imaginable! Courtney and Andrew, their families and friends

Profile Picture User7492954, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Seriously choosing the Palmetto Riverside BnB was the best decision we could of made for our wedding! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, perfect weather and a perfect setting. The venue is so beautiful and the owners Wim and Mieke are amazing, so helpful and kind. We love them, they truly made our experience special! If you want a venue that will knock the socks of you and your guest, the Palmetto Riverside BnB is the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect venue for what I was looking for. I wanted something that would seem small and intimate even with 90+ guests. Wim and Mieke went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Even when it started raining 30 minutes before the ceremony (with everything set up outside), they ensured everything was covered and dried every chair off for the ceremony. They were amazing hosts, as me and my bridesmaids all stayed at the BnB the night before the wedding. They make an amazing breakfast and were so accommodating to any of our requests. Their wedding planner Jenn was also terrific in helping to work out all the details and handle the final plans. The venue is a gorgeous old Florida style and everything you could possibly dream of. If you want a perfect wedding experience, they can help make that happen.

We can't wait to come back to stay!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Uncovered Outdoor

Wim and Mieke are the most amazing couple to work with. They are so personal with the couples they work with and truly go above and beyond to make your wedding day the most amazing day. We are so very thankful to have met them.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews