Palm Wedding Films Reviews

24 | St Thomas, VI

24 Reviews for Palm Wedding Films

Brianne Neuburger · Married on 11/02/2018

Beautifully Captured Our Wedding Day

Tim is an incredible videographer who captures our wedding day in such an incredible way! He made us a teaser video, highlights video and full length video - all were so creative and beautiful. Everything we could have asked for! He has a great eye!

Alex · Married on 06/11/2018

To say that Tim went above and beyond wouldn't even begin to cover it. I am so grateful that we hired him to film our wedding ceremony, reception, and after-party. From the first time we spoke on the phone (calling all the way from Boston), he made us feel so comfortable and excited about our big day. After the hurricanes this past year, we were worried that we may not be able to continue planning our St. John wedding. With Tim's help, we were not only able to keep the wedding on, but make it even better! On the wedding day itself he was so enthusiastic, professional, and fun-all of our guests loved him! He worked so well with our other vendors, especially Alain Brin of Blueglass Photography, to coordinate filming around everything we had planned and capturing all of our special moments. He even brought a drone to steal some aerial shots! He got GORGEOUS images of everyone getting ready, and the clips of the ceremony and my husband and I alone are breath-taking. The highlight reel he put together (link below) is incredible and PERFECTLY captures the essence of the day-pure happiness. I will cherish these videos FOREVER and wouldn't trade them for the world-worth every penny and FAR BEYOND. Thank you so much Tim, you are THE GREATEST!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2016

Tim did an amazing job not only with our video, but the whole wedding day and leading up to it. He was very communicative during the planning process, and provided recommendations for timing of his arrival, etc. On the day of, he was the first to arrive in my bridal suite, and he was amazing. He worked alongside our photographer and knew exactly what moments to capture and highlight, and he helped keep the flow going when my day-of coordinator fell short. The full length and mini videos that he created were both unique and beautiful! Everyone loved them, and they were perfect to show people who couldn't make it to our destination wedding. Tim is an incredibly talented photographer and videographer and anyone is in good hands with him!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Thanks Sarah!
    You two and your whole group was so fun, laid back and a real pleasure to shoot.
    Let me know when you want to do a vow renewal!

Marq · Married on 07/24/2016

Phenomenal professional

Fantastic overall services, easy to work with, and gets the job done. These are just a few good words I can say for the awesome service provided. Thank you for making our special day forever memorable!!! Even after we lost our ever so precious video, you were able to come thru and help us get it back. We are forever grateful for you. Can never thank you enough!!!! Greatness is what people will get with service!!! You are appreciated!!!! Job well done!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/24/2016

My husband and I eloped in St. Thomas back in may. We wanted to ensure we had the best photographer and videographer on the island in attendance so we can have our precious memories of our special day documented to cherish forever. I did a lot of research, and discovered Tim Root from Palm Wedding Films. I reached out to him via email, and he promptly responded. He was very professional, and very accommodating while we emailed and made phone calls back and forth prior to our wedding date. He sent several links to other videos he has created so that we could envision exactly what we were going to get with his services. The day of the wedding we all met at our location on time and everyone was so happy aND laidback. We began filming and he made sure to get the very best shots! He made sure that there was no one visible in our video except for my husband and I and our officiant. He did an amazing job! We recently got our video back fully edited with the songs we chose to include, and it is beyond PERFECT! The video flows so well, and the quality is extremelying impressive. I am so happy we found Tim, and I would highly recommend his services to everyone! Thanks for making our vision become a reality, Tim!

• Liz

Liz · Married on 05/08/2016

Tim is beyond perfection! He took control of our wedding day to make sure he captured all the right moments! And he sure did! I am in love with our video! Before booking videography, I knew it was too important to skip out on (I know it's expensive!), but it is completely worth every penny when you can relive those precious moments again...and again. Thank you so much Tim for doing this for us.. even through a bit of rain! We truly appreciate it and love our wedding video!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Palm Wedding Films's reply:

Liz!!! Thank you so much! I had a great time with you guys. You were such a pleasure to work with. Please come back and renew your vows every year!

Kim · Married on 03/27/2016

Tim Root is an amazing videographer and was such a pleasure to work with! He is so talented and does such incredible work! He exceeded all my expectations and I couldn't be happier with the final outcome! I was blown away by his attention to detail and the way he made everything fit together so perfectly. I can't thank him enough for my wonderful wedding video! I highly recommend him!

Tim was beyond amazing! I asked for something a little different and unusual but Tim delivered. Our video was beyond what we dreamed. Besides the fact that he's great at his job he was also so helpful the day of the wedding. I even joked that he was an extra wedding coordinator! He was so helpful and informative, from his work to his personality, Tim was amazing!

Monica · Married on 12/11/2015

Tim is great!!! it was a pleasure to work with him, he is very detail oriented. I was married in St Thomas in December 2015 I received my wedding video and he did an Awesome job. When working with him it is hard to get his vision but it all shows in his work. He is definitely some one you would want to work with on your wedding day. Before heading to the ceremony he mention that guess should not use cell phones during the ceremony, it was kinda of awkward but when you see the finish product it worth it. I highly recommend palm wedding films you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Palm Wedding Films's reply:

Thanks Monica! It was a beautiful wedding and I was happy to be a part of your day. I'm glad you agree that asking guests to refrain from using their cell phones during the ceremony was a good choice in the end.

Carol · Married on 10/10/2015

Tim was amazing from the start of our communications, the wedding itself, to the final product! Extremely flexible and fun to work with- knew more than my wedding planner and helped with the flow of toasts, dances, etc! You will enjoy working with him and getting timely responses to your questions!

I had an excellent experience with Palm Wedding Films from start to finish. My wedding video is thoughtful, gorgeous and a perfect blend of all of the day's elements! I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/09/2015

The second I met Tim, I knew I wanted not only to be a client, but to also be his friend. His energetic and charismatic personality draws you in and leaves you wanting more. And the talent...well, you can just feel the creativeness oozing out of him. He had every angle covered, yet you never saw him or his cameras setup. He was fast and furious and did whatever he needed to get the shot and when he found the perfect moment, he made sure he captured it...the big ones that people remembered and the little ones that no one ever saw. The final product was beyond words...magical!! I watched it on repeat...for hours. It was more than we ever expected. The music, the transitions...the moments...

On a small island, it's often hard to find a true professional, but Tim is that and more. He never hesitated to pick up the phone or send an email if he had a question or just wanted to chat about ideas he had and he always responded quickly when I reached out to him. He went above and beyond to make sure he got the footage to make our wedding a memory that lasted a lifetime. I'm thrilled that I found Tim and that he was able to be a part of our day.

Leah · Married on 04/15/2015

Tim was awesome to work with & very comfortable to be around... We can't wait to see the final video!

daisy · Married on 03/10/2015

Tim and his team were great. He came up with lots of good ideas for the video shoot. Tim and his team were very professional, they came with all the correct equipment. They were ready to make the perfect video for you on your big day. Even though we over ran the event, he was super accommodating and insist he would do whatever it takes to complete the video. Tim and his team had to stay extra long to film our video...and we felt it was so special to us. It really made our day a lot easier with his flexibility.

Michael · Married on 06/13/2014

We had a destination wedding in St. Thomas on June 13, 2014. We decided on videography so we could share our day with friends and family that were not able to attend. My wife contacted, reviewed and spoke with several vendors and decided on Palm Wedding Films after speaking with Tim and seeing his beautiful work online. We are so happy with our decision. Tim was prompt and very professional. He has a great eye for what to capture and how it will appear on video. We have an at home reception this weekend and wanted the video completed in order to show it. Tim delivered a first cut to us, made revisions and had us the final cut in plenty of time. We are so pleased with his work and cannot wait to share. Beautilful!

Abby · Married on 05/08/2014

Tim did a FANTASTIC job with our wedding video! He had several video cameras set up to capture every angle possible(though I was only able to spot one : P ), and microphones in all the necessary places. Not to mention it was a very rainy day. It slowed to a drizzle just before the ceremony started, so we were still able to hold it on the beach. The rain didn't slow Tim down at all, he was still able to capture excellent video. Even with our group of 54 guests, with a wedding party of 13. After the ceremony, Tim was sprinting down the beach in order to get a great shot, and even ran to get a towel to wipe off the chairs we wanted to use for the video. That's 5-Star service!
    We didn't meet him until our wedding day, but he arranged for a chance to talk on the phone and get an idea what we were looking for. On our wedding day it felt like we were old friends, such a pleasure to work with!
    He allowed us to select our own song for the video if we wanted to, but had lots of suggestions as well. He offered several chances for us to tweak the video to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. Not to mention, we had a reception back in Michigan 3 weeks later that we wanted to show the video at. He had it to us in plenty of time, and everyone LOVED it!!! We get to relive our wedding day every time we watch it. Let's just say I watch it a lot.... I love it more and more each time!
    I could go on for days about how pleased we are with Tim's service, professionalism, and the overall product! We are forever grateful!!!

Daniel · Married on 05/05/2014

Tim had a very quick turnaround time and customized the video the way I wanted it. He was great!

Shanna · Married on 03/29/2014

It was so nice to work with Tim! We are very pleased with his time management on getting our video back to us for
    Our reception! I love love love the video he did!!! I would definitely recommend Tim with palm wedding films, you won't be disappointed!!!

valerie · Married on 12/15/2013

Tim from Palm Wedding Films was a dream to work with. Tim was very quick to respond with email before the wedding. On the day of, He was very nice and very professional during the entire wedding. He made sure to find out exactly what I wanted and man did he deliver! Our wedding video was delivered to us lightning fast and it is amazing! All our friends and family absolutely loved it. There was just the right amount of special moments as well as genuine emotion captured during this 3 minute video. I will treasure this video forever and I thank you Tim for all your hard work.

Puja · Married on 12/14/2013

We had our destination wedding in St. Thomas in December 2013. We are both from New York and had very high standards for all of our vendors. Tim delivered an excellent product. He got to know us before the wedding and paid attention to everything we wanted. During the actual event, he was easy going and made sure to capture all of the special moments. After we returned to New York, we received a video within 8 weeks. We were very happy with the final product and Tim was always willing to change anything to make sure it was perfect for us. He made any changes very timely and has been a pleasure to work with!! The quality of the video was spectacular and even better then I could have imagined. He was creative with the way he portrayed our wedding day and was really able to present a perfect story.

scott · Married on 09/14/2013

My daughter's wedding was last month, and like most, there were a lot of moving parts-- feasting, guzzling, toasting, roasting, laughing, spinning tales, tripping the light fantastic and then, boom... it was over.

As we were riding back to town, I was trying to store as much as I could in my mental hard drive, which I knew would be supplemented in a few weeks by the footage from the photographers. I also knew that memories fade and photos are static... a diminishing return, trying to remember what I would forget.

But then I recalled a man in a fedora, black rimmed glasses and a video camera... unobtrusively capturing the action, so I had a glimmer of hope that the footage would be decent.

Two weeks later, I saw it and was blown away. Actually he posted it on Facebook and hundreds were blown away.

HIs technique and timing were masterful... capturing the key moments we saw, and nuances we didn't... beautifully shot, edited and driven by an outstanding audio mix.

If you want a wedding Video with a Flair Root, hire Tim Root.

cara · Married on 09/14/2013

Tim did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding video. He was great to work with; responsive, flexible, professional. He also finished editing the video sooner than we had expected, which was a pleasant surprise :) Aditionally, once the video was finished we were given the opportunity to make any changes to it or cut out any scenes we didn't like, which was great. Overall, my husband and I were 100% satisfied with the service provided and would absolutely recommend him.

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/10/2015

Because I went through a wedding planner I never actually spoke with Tim until after our wedding. He was not the one who filmed it, but it stilled turned out great. We didn't know what we wanted as our music for the edited cut, but Tim picked the perfect music. It was wonderful being able to live our day all over again. The only thing that bothered me was that the price seemed like a lot for a 10 minute video. I didn't know until 4 days before our wedding that the entire video would not be given to us. I expressed my concern to Tim (I had an ill grandmother who would have like to have seen the whole unedited wedding) and he was great and more than willing to get us the entire hour of uncut video. However, we still had to purchase an external hard drive (wasn't included in the price of their services). Overall the video turned out great, Tim was very responsive and flexible with getting the whole hour of video, and was creative in the cut and music. Would definitely recommend.

Mary · Married on 12/01/2014

We were extremely satisfied with the wedding video created for us! We were married on a beach, and there was a complete downpour almost immediately following the ceremony. Tim did a great job of ensuring we were still able to get good footage and celebrate our day despite the rain. Then when we received the final product, we were extremely impressed with the way that Tim highlighted the key moments and captured the day perfectly.