Pacific Brides Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Chelsea
    Chelsea P. Married on 08/19/2021

Pure Magic

I cannot emphasize enough how incredible Sheilynne is. She made me look like a million bucks but still somehow like myself and I have NO idea what kind of magic she used to make that happen. She's super easy to work with, so responsive and flexible. When you meet her you'll understand why - she's the actual coolest human ever. She made us comfortable immediately, I remember laughing with her through the entirety of our session and our day. The makeup was perfect - so natural looking, it felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all AND it lasted all day even through a sweaty sunrise hike. I was nervous without a trail run that I wouldn't 100% love my hair but she absolutely killed it - it was gorgeous but still looked and felt like me. I purchased the where you go I go package and I cannot recommend that enough! Not having to ever worry if you look your best through all of the sweating and wind blowing is priceless. She helped us out so much when getting ready on the mountain and staged for pictures too! The amount of effort she puts into maintaining cleanliness was excellent and she made sure to mask/follow covid precautions 100% of the time. She also offered to drive us up to our hike in her jeep - we wouldn't have been able to even do this hike if it wasn't for her driving us! If you're on the fence about booking her just DO IT! You will NOT regret it!!
    Melissa Married on 06/19/2021

Pacific Brides is the best in the business

Shyn, owner of Pacific Brides, is the best in the business when it comes to hair and makeup. As a wedding professional myself, I've had the chance to work with Shyn professionally prior to having her do hair and makeup for my own wedding. Every time our paths cross, Shyn has exuded professionalism and kindness while still being relatable and down-to-earth.

I generally had nerves about my wedding day makeup and hair, namely because I wasn't able to do a trial run ahead of time (due to distance). Alaskans, myself included, aren't known for getting super done up and my everyday makeup routine is very minimal. I really wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. Shyn took the inspiration I gathered and translated it perfectly -- better than I could have imagined. I felt like a goddess (seriously, my brows have never looked better!), my hair and makeup held up all day and into the night, and our mothers and maids were over the moon about their makeup services too.

On top of all this, Shyn's communication leading up to our wedding was thorough, patient, and kind, even amidst some last minute changes with our wedding party lineup. Her big mama energy helped make my "getting ready process" a time for me to focus and orient myself to the day, while also filling our time together with laughter and humor. Finally, I really appreciated the care and caution Pacific Brides took with regards to COVID protocols. I felt beyond safe as someone who is immunocompromised.

I'll be singing Shyn's praises to my own clients and highly recommend Pacific Brides to anyone seeking out flawless makeup and hair!
    Sarah Married on 06/06/2021

The best there is

It was rained all day during my elopement, which was outside along the Oregon Coast - something I was hoping wouldn’t happen because my hair is curly and frizzes. Never had to worry about that or my makeup looking horrible because of the wet weather because I hired Sheilynne. If you’re out of state, don’t be worried about not doing a trial run - she has a process that you need to trust to look how you envision. Just book her and book her early, it will be the best decision you make - besides deciding who you marry.
  • Sarah
    Sarah S. Married on 05/29/2021

10 stars!

Let’s just start off with Pacific Brides is an incredible business and Shyn (owner) is an amazing woman to work with!!! Immediately she made me laugh and feel comfortable from the moment we met at my trial! She takes incredible pride in her work, takes time to get to know her client, and what they’re really looking for for their special day! She is INCREDIBLY organized. She had my timeline completely done within hours after my trial, and was very flexible with moving family members around in the timeline (adding makeup services etc. up until the 90 days prior which I was very thankful for!)

I have to say that one of my favorite parts of her bridal service is the facial before makeup is applied. First of all, who doesn’t want to be absolutely pampered in their wedding day, but it also makes your skin feel so clean and free. Her application process truly feels like you have no makeup on AT ALL! Both my hair and makeup lasted THE ENTIRE DAY! I can not recommend Pacific Brides enough!!! Having professional hair and makeup really was the cherry on top of the most perfect day!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle W. Married on 04/10/2021

Look no further!

I booked Shyn and Ryann for hair and make-up for my April 2021 wedding. I don't wear much make-up and didn't know what I wanted - all I knew was that I still wanted to look like "me" on my wedding day. Shyn was so easy to work with, and was able to recreate the look I had in my head. You would've never thought we had a 5:00 AM start time with how relaxed and fun Shyn and Ryann were hanging with my mom, MIL, and two friends who also got their hair and make-up done. I've never felt more beautiful, and my hair and make-up looked flawless for 14+ hours (ceremony, brunch, after party that night)! I highly recommend Shyn and her team!
    Megan S. Married on 08/01/2020

She's amazing!!!

Holy freaking cow, I don't even know where to start. Shyn and her team were absolutely incredible. They helped us over every COVID hurdle and kept the smiles and humor going the whole time. My hair and makeup were gorgeous (way better than I ever expected). It felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all and my hair refused to budge. They both lasted the entire day of our mini wedding and the entire day after during a hike near Mount Rainier. Hire Shyn--just do it.
  • Marissa
    Marissa A. Married on 01/08/2020

Shyn is phenomenal!

Shyn was an absolute joy on my wedding day. She not only is a very talented artist and amazing at what she does, but she made everything so EASY. From the moment I reached out to her she made the entire process stress free. The morning of my wedding was so chill and relaxing, even with everything going on during COVID. She is so attentive to detail and her sterilization/ COVID protocol was on point. Both my mother and sister were so happy with their hair and makeup, as well as I. But seriously, she is amazing and made me look incredible. Hire her, you won't regret it!
  • Rio
    Rio Married on 09/21/2019

Hire this woman

I could write a novel on how amazing Shyn is not only at her art but also being a stellar human being. She created a look for me that I could have only dreamed of for my wedding and she also made all my bridesmaids and my mother and mother-in-law feel beautiful on the day. My mom still brings up her hair from the wedding because she loves it so much. I think she may be hiring Shyn as a personal stylist soon! I highly recommend Pacific Brides - you absolutely will not regret the decision to book them.
    Nichole S. Married on 09/14/2019

She is amazing!!!!

I had the best experience ever with shyn. It was the most smooth and organized morning before a wedding that I've ever had. I've been in a lot of wedding that have been crazy and chaotic while we were all getting ready. Shyn and her gal made our morning so much fun and they kept on time for everything. We all laughed, drank champagne and had a wonderful perfectly scheduled morning. And everyone looked amazing all day!
  • Tessa
    Tessa L. Married on 08/17/2019

The best there is

Shyn is amazing! She listened to what I wanted, provided her own recommendations and I couldn’t have been happier with the results. She is a badass and I highly recommend her. I felt like the most elevated version of myself and it’s all because of her. ♥️
  • Amanda
    Amanda H. Married on 07/20/2019

I love shyn

Shyn and her team of ladies made the morning of our wedding so fun and relaxing. Shyn is not only completely hilarious but also amazing at what she does. My bridesmaids and family all raved about the services they received and everyone looked AMAZING. I was confident going into that morning because she absolutely rocked my hair and make up trial. My hair and make up stayed in place all night long and even through the next day - and I'm a stomach sleeper so that's saying a lot. I even went back to Shyn a few days after the wedding to get my hair cut short for our honeymoon and she rocked that as well!
  • Briana
    Briana Married on 07/08/2019

A++ for Gender Non-conforming Brides

As a cis woman who didn't know whether to wear a dress or a suit to my wedding, finding a stylist who wouldn't give me odd looks or push me towards more traditionally feminine hairstyles and make-up was a major source of anxiety. After reaching out to Shyn, I knew from her enthusiastic and passionate response that I'd found my perfect stylist!

With the incredible power of her make-up magic (not even gonna pretend I know anything about this), Shyn made my ruddy complexion look perfectly natural for the big day. Her suggestions were always on point, and I never felt pressured to try anything that made me uncomfortable. My hairstyle was perfect, as well, surviving an hour-long boat ride before the ceremony without a single lock falling out of place!

Even more than her aesthetic expertise, however, Shyn turned a nerve-wracking morning into a light-hearted, relaxed one. She's a joy to be around with off-beat humor that always had me laughing. I couldn't recommend her highly enough!
    Heather Married on 06/29/2019

Holy 👏🏼 Incredible 👏🏼 Goddess👏🏼

First off, I like to preface this with I am a high stress worry-wort who typically HATES her hair. Ok, moving on. Shyn is so beyond talented. From day one she calmed my worries, listened to my crazy, and all the emails that came after, and still made me feel like I’ve never felt in my own skin. I didn’t look over done, I didn’t look out of place, she took my natural beauty and truly elevated it appropriately and elegantly. She took my vision and ran with it and in the process I almost ran away with her 👀 She made the morning of my wedding relaxing and fun and for someone who worries about things is much as I do on a daily basis is impressive. From questions to lip color changes she rolled with the punches and brought her true talents out and rocked it. If you had any doubt in your mind about not only hiring a professional but more importantly, Shyn, throw that doubt out the window. It’s more than just making you look beautiful with her, it’s highlighting the beauty that’s already there and enjoy every step along the way!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 06/25/2019

Shyn is the bomb.com

My entire experience with Shyn from start to finish was awesome! I didn't get to meet with her before our session due to this being a destination wedding, but her communication through email was seamless, exchanged pictures of what I wanted and she took it from there. My hair and makeup looked flawless (until I drenched myself with champagne...yeaaaah that happened) but luckily she was there to touch up. Oh yeah, she got to experience my crazy non-formal / formal version of a wedding and seriously went above and beyond. She gives you tips and advice and keeps it real. Can't say enough good things! She's hilarious, too... lots of great stories! I would definitely recommend her to anyone in her area.
  • Haley
    Haley B. Married on 06/24/2019

Amazing!

Shyn, was absolutely amazing! From her communication, to execution of hair and makeup, I could have not asked for a better day and experience! I choose her "Where you go I go" adventure elopement package, and I was not disappointed. I provided her with hair Inspo and makeup, showed her my hair accessories and she created absolute magic. Not only was Shyn professional; but she was so much fun to work with and really lightened up the mood.

I highly recommend her for your elopement needs , especially coming from out of state. Great overall experience and so glad I was able to book with her.

Pacific Brides's reply:

I wish i could review my brides and couples... I give you 5 stars! so fun and accommodating and let me make fun of where you're from all day
  • Emily
    Emily V. Married on 06/12/2019

A truly wonderful experience!!!

There is so much I could say about Shyn and the wonderful work that she does. She has so much passion and knowledge in what she does and from the start, I felt fully confident in her ability! Shyn is very down-to-earth and her personality and presence relaxes the whole room! It was so fun talking with her and getting to know her story, listening to all the crazy experiences and adventures she has had through her life journey.
    The equipment and products she uses are top notch in quality; nothing you would see on the shelves in convenience stores. She invests so much into her business and passion to give brides and their families the best experience possible!
    Also, definitely follow Shyn’s blog!!! There is so much that I have learned from her about make-up/skin care and small business ownership. Always hire a professional for one of the best days of your life!!! Shyn is that lady!!!
    Love you Shyn!!!
  • Kari
    Kari D. Married on 06/01/2019

Hair and makup that lasts all day

Oh goodness where do I even begin?? Shyn is incredible at what she does. I knew we were off to a good start when she responded to my inquiry of "I want to look like a slightly more pulled together version of myself" with "WELP that's my jam!!"

I had a trial beforehand, and Shyn redid my hair at least 3 times until I was happy with the style and she was happy with how it was holding and how all the pieces were fitting together. I think my trial went an extra hour or something past the allotted timeframe, but she took the time to get everything right.

On the day-of, she had us running ahead of schedule (by like an hour; I was very impressed) and made everyone look and feel beautiful. I got nonstop compliments on my hair throughout the night, and both my hair and makeup stayed put all day.
    Janet S. Married on 05/25/2019

100% Will book for all of my marriages ;)

I cannot say enough about Shyn, and how amazing and stress-free she made my wedding day. I wear pretty minimal makeup daily, so I wanted an artist who could take me up several notches but not get lost in heavy contouring and cake makeup. I wanted to look like myself but better!

I live in Alabama, so I was just scrolling through Shyn's Instagram, bummed that I'd never be able to book anyone in the PNW. A fateful comment led to a booking - she travels the globe for her work! It was totally affordable, and well worth it.

Alabama also = oppressive heat. We got married on a day that set a 102-year record (eww) and I worried that my hair and makeup couldn't survive. It totally did - and we didn't even need to reapply. My hair was solid for 3 days after, even! The makeup was natural, beautiful and lightweight. I didn't give her much guidance other than wanting to look like me - and she nailed it. Her aesthetic is clean and elegant - nothing looks fake or overdone. She knows her product lines!

On top of that, she was an awesome support and friend. She shuttled my sweating self in an out of A/C for photos, carried my shoes, fluffed my dress for photos, hung out the entire day and reception - and we got to be friends over her extra time in the South. An otherwise potentially stressful day was perfect and chill.

I'd book her anytime, and you should, too!
  • Hannah
    Hannah C. Married on 04/01/2019

Seriously, book pacific brides!

I absolutely loved getting my hair & makeup styled by Shyn on my wedding day! She worked brilliantly well with me in the weeks leading up to the wedding as I pinpointed my look and felt overwhelmed by my options. She was able to key in with precision on the look I was envisioning, and was not only professional but a blast to be with! I literally can’t even begin to describe how much more relaxed of a bride I was due to knowing Shyn was going to make me look flawless on the morning of my wedding and OH MY GOD she did, she did, she did! I have never gotten my hair or makeup done by anyone ever (in my 29 and a half years of existence) and liked it UNTIL Shyn. She spent much of the getting ready time making my skin feel smooth as butter and ensuring that my skin care was on pointe in effort to insure long-lasting makeup application. I danced my ass off my wedding night and yet my hair and makeup stayed gorgeous and intact. I’ll save you hours or research, emailing and head-aching with any other artist out there. So many bail and asking a friend is rarely, if ever, a smart option. It just isn’t! So I highly recommend you treat yourself and book Shyn. Immediately. Trust me, you’ll be doing yourself a HUGE BRIDAL FAVOR!
  • Holly
    Holly A. Married on 03/23/2019

Incredibly Talented and Your Very Own Sherpa

Shyn was a dream to have along for my husband and I’s elopement photoshoot this last weekend. She provides a level of hilarity which made us laugh all day long and truly added to the magic of our day. I felt absolutely beautiful. Shyn was there for all the magic of the day. She even carried around a tiny curling iron and customized makeup kit for quick touch ups. She was one hundred percent prepared for whatever challenge the beach terrain gave us. This included “sherpa-ing” us over giant cliffs for life altering dream style photos. She’s hilarious, talented, and ready for adventurous wedding elopements Shyn’s the best hands down.
    Sydney A. Married on 01/26/2019

The best in the Northwest!

Shyn is a gem of a human. She just gets you when you speak and runs with your vision. I have a VERY diverse group of friends and her ability to work on my pale face and baby hair then my friends olive skin and Persian hair was seamless. I was super nervous I wouldn't feel like myself since I never wear makeup but Shyn just made me feel like the best version of myself which was perfect! Much love to Shyn!
  • Lauren
    Lauren F. Married on 12/20/2018

Hire pacific brides if you want to look like a babe.

Shyn is absolutely incredible and I'd hire her a thousand more times if I had the opportunity! With a long engagement made even longer with a pandemic postponement, Shyn was patience, kind, and so accommodating. She is FANTASTIC at what she does -- and so is her associate, Ryann. My bridal party felt gorgeous after this dream team got done with them, and I received so many compliments on both my hair and makeup. And honestly, you just want to be Shyn's best friend after about three seconds into meeting her. Plus, the woman gives the bride a gosh-darn hot towel treatment before she even gets started. I mean, come on, what a freaking angel. Love love LOVE you, Pacific Brides! THANK YOU.
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 10/27/2018

Stellar Professional Shyn

Booking Shyn was one of my best designs during wedding planning! I’ll start with she’s a complete professional at her craft, she’s fine tuned her process and timelines to be able to handle any wedding party and also be on time. I could easily tell Shyn had her shit together, and I had been exactly looking for some one who had several years experience in the wedding industry since practice does make perfect in many cases. She was able to pick up exactly the style I was looking for to feel my most confident as a bride on my wedding day. She also did the make up for my boudoir shoot!! I couldn’t have been happier that I came into contact with Shyn through a fellow bride from elementary school. Booking with her was such a seamless, convenient process online and it was apparent how explicitly Shyn understood the importance of being present for the job she is committing to, for one of the biggest and stressful day in a bride’s life. I knew I could count on her to be there, and if anything did happen ... she’d have a back up arranged. Shyn was exactly the person myself, maid of honor, and mother’s needed that morning ... we all had so much fun together talking and laughing! Then to top it off, I ended up feeling like a bombshell on my wedding!!! I will forever be extremely pleased with how I was styled by Shyn! Our photos are something I regularly look back on already, with a smile on my face because she made me feel so confident for that awesome day!
    Sara R. Married on 10/13/2018

Shyn is the best!

I'm so grateful to have worked with Shyn for our wedding. Hair and make-up was way outside of my personal comfort zone, and I appreciated that Shyn always knew what I needed and what would look best - even when I did not! She helped me feel like the most beautiful version of myself, and she was AMAZING helping my mom (who was very nervous) and two friends. Shyn is fun to be around, easy to talk with, and patient with questions. PLUS, my hair and make-up looked great and lasted all evening! 10/10, I would recommend Shyn to anyone :)
    Kristin Married on 10/08/2018
    If you are considering Shyn for your wedding look needs I will tell you right now - JUST DO IT. She is AMAZING - she was prompt in reaching out and answering my questions and was flexible in helping me get a trial scheduled (even on short notice since I was traveling into town for my wedding). She managed to help me sort through my mess of ideas on Pinterest to come up with a look that was still me, it just enhanced what was already there.

We had a great time and the day-of she was gracious enough to let me add on another service for my maid of honor with no trace of panic. She was my rock through this whole wedding process and her services are worth every penny. Invest in Shyn because she truly cares about making you feel beautiful and like the best possible version of yourself.