Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography Reviews

157 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

157 Reviews for Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2012

Sue is amazing! Our ceremony music was beautiful, and the reception was great. Sue sent us a timeline to help keep us on schedule, and a list of popular songs. She had all of the songs we requested on our timeline. Plus, towards the end of the night, she played "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" on her violin, and she absolutely rocked!! I'm so glad we found her for our wedding. She helped make our big day even more special!!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Kelley · Married on 06/16/2012

If I had to pick one favorite vendor from my wedding, hands down, it would be Sue Artz! From the very start she was always very prompt in replying to my emails. She was very easy to work with, always making suggestions instead of giving orders. She put up with my flaky, indecisive self. When needed, she casually and politely prodded me to get things done on time.

She worked extremely well with my ceremony/reception venue, which was a huge relief to me because we live 200 miles away from the venue. She did a wonderful job finalizing the day-of timeline and hit the ground with both feet running as soon as she arrived the day of. When you meet her in person, you feel like she is instantly one of your best gal pals. She has such a friendly and warm personality that made it wonderful to work with her! I had some unique family dynamics to work with and she was very courteous in dealing with my Mother-of-the-Bride-zilla! When a very small "issue" came up, she came straight to me and asked how I would like to handle it and she went above and beyond to solve it!!!

When it came to music, we had a totally non traditional song set for our ceremony! Again she was extremely helpful in making the choices and setting up the play list. During the reception she had us dancing until the very end! Everyone had such a wonderful time and commented on how much they loved Sue as well!

We HIGHLY recommend Sue for all your OBX wedding music needs! We also just as highly recommend her husband Matt Artz for any photography needs you may have!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Carolyn · Married on 06/14/2012

Sue did an amazing job! She was incredibly professional and friendly, and the music was beautiful!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Susan · Married on 06/06/2012

They were amazing. Thank you so much for making our day the best day ever. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The BEST!!! Thanks to both of you for making our day so Perfect!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Aaron · Married on 05/25/2012

Sue played violin at our wedding cermony. She played the exact music that we requested, even though it wasn't on her standard list.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Sue and Matt were awesome!!!!! Highly recommened them to everyone.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Durt · Married on 05/21/2012

Sue and Matt were so helpful with details since we live out of state

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/10/2012

They are simply the best! They are a great value, a great team, have great energy, and made our wedding a memorable one. We really enjoyed working with them from day one. They were so helpful while we planned our destination wedding.
    We also had beach family photos done the next day. We'll do that again every year with them. they were amazing!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Tara · Married on 04/27/2012

Love, love love Sue & Matt! They were completely on the same page with us the entire process. Sue helped us find a caterer and florist as well. She even helped us find a NEW florist when our first one backed out. Everyone loved the violin music during our ceremony, and she played everything perfectly. We also loved when she played "the Devil Went Down to Georgia" during our reception. As for the DJ duties...I think she played every single song I requested beforehand and did NOT play anything on our banned list! Matt was a great photographer...laid back and easy to work with. Whatever we wanted, he would accomodate. They were great about keeping us on time and making sure we were where we needed to be. If I had to do it all over again, I'd chose them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Kelly · Married on 04/21/2012

I had my heart set on a beach wedding at the outer banks since i was a little girl, after many changes and stressing out if i was going to be able to find the perfect vendors to make sure that our wedding day was a memorable event. We found Sue and Matt and took advantage of the package deal with Matts photography skills and Sues skills to get everyone pumped up, and relieving my stress level. It was very smooth working with both of them, they captured every moment and Sue was great at keeping the guest involved and engaged. Every time we are out with friends and family, our wedding is one of the main topics - we receive many compliment about our wedding everyday just about! The day was flawless and we couldnt have done it with out the help from both Matt and Sue - their expertise is exceptional and I would recommend them to anyone who was looking for a photographer and DJ for their special day or event.

Sent on 07/12/2012
  • Q

Erica · Married on 10/13/2011

I just wanted to take a moment to toss some MAJOR kudos to Sue and Matt Artz of Artz Music and Photography. Together they provided us with ceremony music and a DJ for the evening. Let me say, these folks are PHENOMENAL!! Our reception was a Halloween party, so they had a pretty significant challenge providing music that fit the theme. We submitted a preliminary playlist of Halloween music and, being huge Halloween people themselves, added their own flavor to it, creating the perfect, mood-fitting music. The ceremony music, with Sue on violin, was absolutely perfect - not an easy task since I asked Sue to learn TWO new pieces for the ceremony. She was more than happy to do it and, with its flawless execution, definitely created a ceremony that was perfectly tailored to us. As an added bonus, they were absolutely delightful to work with!! I had so much fun corresponding with Sue over the year leading up to the wedding...she was SO nice and accommodating. The two of them were so awesome to work with. If you want a musical dynamic duo that is awesome to work with and will bend over backwards to create an experience unique to you, hire Sue and Matt!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Kimberly · Married on 10/01/2011

My husband and I could not have been happier with the services that Matt and Sue Artz provided for us. Sue was extremely helpful to me while I was planning our wedding. She always got back to me in a timely manner and always had an answer to my questions. I even asked her opinion on catering and make-up applications and used the people she recommended. I was more than pleased with their price quote at the beginning also. It was nice having three vendors all in one. Sue played the violin for the ceremony and deejayed for the reception. She is amazing! She plays an AWESOME "The Devil Went Down To Georgia." And Matt is so funny and personable. His photographs are the best! I can't say enough about them. They helped to make our wedding day exactly as we wanted. I would recommend them to anyone! Thanks Matt and Sue!

Sent on 12/18/2011

Colleen · Married on 09/20/2011

Matt and Sue Artz are fantastic! They are very professional and very personable. They had shown flexibility when the weather didn't cooperate, and during the reception when the caterer needed a change in the schedule. The pictures are gorgeous, and we have received many compliments. Sue was very helpful to me when I had a payment issue, and she was very quick to respond and help me in resolving that issue. Sue was great with the DJ music! She is a master. I had only a handful of people left in their seats. Everyone was out on the dance floor. She is very good at feeling out the crowd and just going with the vibe. I would recommend Matt and Sue very highly to anyone who needs their services from the DJ, ceremony music(which was beautiful), and the photography. They are great people, and are great at what they do!

Sent on 12/05/2011

Christy · Married on 09/17/2011

From day 1, Sue was helpful beyond all belief. She sent us a timeline for the day to give us some direction, including a full timeline for the reception. We got married in record setting rainfall in Nags Head. The pictures Matt took were outstanding, even with the crazy weather. He gathered everyone together for the few minutes of non-rain to get a few pictures on the beach. Sue incorporated all of my must-play list and added some great dance songs. The dancing at the reception was definitely the highlight of the party. Everyone was chanting 'one more song' at the end of the night. And she played two! Matt and Sue are great to work with, have great prices and are very fun to work with! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Alice · Married on 09/10/2011

I'm still recovering from the whirlwind of getting married..Hurricane Irene ruined our plans to get married at The Love Boat on Hatteras Island on 9/10/11... but we changed our wedding location last minute to Corolla... and we had an incredible wedding day.

Sue was awesome to work with.. She was our first vendor to be completely straight forward with us about moving our wedding location after Hurricane Irene hit. Sue told us to seriously consider changing the location or rescheduling our wedding ASAP. We planned for a year and a half to get married on 9-10-11.. So changing the wedding date wasn't an option!!! With that advice, we moved quickly to find a new event home and changed locations with less than two weeks to go!!

What an incredibly talented woman!!!! Sue played the violin for our ceremony and then DJ-ed the reception. She was in constant communication with me throughout the night and the planning process. She even encouraged me to move my cake cutting location in order to keep everyone dancing... and keep everyone dancing she did!!! **You have to ask her to play her version of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia** She brought down the house!!! In fact, no one wanted to stop dancing... so last minute we asked her to stay an extra hour.. and she agreed!

Throughout the entire planning process Sue was quick to respond and offered great suggestions. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Troy · Married on 09/03/2011

Sue Artz was great to work with and very flexible too. Hurricane Irene ruined our plans to get married on Hatteras a week before our wedding date. We scrambled to move the ceremony to the beach in Nags Head and Sue was more than willing to accomodate. Her music set was also outstanding and she sounded amazing. Her pricing was very reasonable for the service she provided. She kept in constant contact with us during all of the planning and also sent us numerous updates about the hurricane and the damage it had produced. Sue is definitely an asset if you are planning a wedding in the OBX.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Meghann · Married on 07/29/2011

It was a joy working with Sue and Matt. They were promptly on time and were willing to help organize and suggest a time frame for our wedding day. They were very professional and made us feel special. Matt took beautiful pictures and I loved how he gave us a variety of pics to choose from. Sue played the violin beautifully and made our beach wedding extra elegant and special. We also had them DJ the reception which the guests had a blast. They played an assortment of music in which are guests enjoyed all evening. We would definitely have Sue and Matt Artz assist us with any entertaining function in the future.

Sincerely,
    Meghann and Eddie Wynne

Sent on 11/13/2011

Robin · Married on 07/13/2011

Matt and Sue were wonderful to work with. They were professional, creative, artistic, friendly and accommodating with our four children. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Myra · Married on 07/02/2011

Everyone loved Sue's ceremony and cocktail music on the violin. Her DJ services were also exceptional and had everyone out on the dance floor. Thank Sue for such a wonderful time!

Sent on 07/09/2011

Jaclyn · Married on 06/29/2011

I can not say enough about the duo of Matt and Sue Artz!! They are fantastic!! Having a destination wedding on a budget is NOT an easy thing to do! We initially chose Matt and Sue because of the price of their photo/music packages. And we couldn't be happier! Sue really helped along the way with so many things! She helped us pick the best possible ceremony time based on the tide and sunset and her time table for the reception really helped with the planning with the caterers as well. Not to mention that she was great at helping to decrease the stress level on any given day!! She always responded to my emails very quickly, even if they were about silly little things that only the bride worries about! =) The week of the wedding, we met Matt and Sue in person for the first time since we had initially met them at the Outer Banks Wedding Expo, and they were fabulous. They took all of our suggestions/requests and made suggestions to help make the day run smoother. The day of the wedding, I was an absolute wreck as Tropical Storm Arlene had decided to visit Hatteras Island. Sue kept in constant contact with me all day assuring me that everything would work out. The ceremony music was beautiful, and I was REALLY happy when my not so common requests got the OK from Sue. And she kept the party going at the reception! Matt took several hundred photots and I actually just received them this week and they are beautiful! I just keep looking at them over and over again! He captured so many of the "little" moments throughout our day and I will cherish the photots! I would recommend Matt and Sue Artz to anyone planning a wedding in the Outer Banks!!!

Sent on 08/01/2011
  • O

Penny · Married on 06/25/2011

Showed up early and went to work right away! Took plenty of pictures and had great ideas for many different shots and welcomed our input as well. Great to work with and would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/12/2011

Artz Music was great! We had a very small ceremony and Sue was great to work with. Stacey came to play the violin and she was wonderful! I heard many compliments from our guests about the prelude music and the processional and recessional was great! My husband and I wanted more non-contemporary music and they were all very willing to work with us and let us know what would sound good and what wouldn't. Definitely highly recommended for ceremony music!

Sent on 06/25/2011

Michael A. · Married on 06/11/2011

The photos are AMAZING. The violin ceremony music was perfect!! Our families enjoyed the reception DJ. You guys were wonderful and I thank you so much for capturing our special moments. Now we can view our Fairy tale wedding everyday!! You guys have our vote....#1 Music and Photography of the east coast!!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Stephanie · Married on 06/06/2011

Artz Music & Photography were excellent. They really helped to make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 07/15/2011

Vanessa · Married on 06/04/2011

Sue and Matt provided the ceremony music, DJ and photography for our wedding a few weeks ago in Buxton, NC. They were WONDERFUL and so easy to work with. They were our favorite vendors to work with as they were so organized, would always respond quickly to any questions we had, and you could tell they both really love what they do and really cared about our wedding. Sue is a wonderful musician and DJ-everyone said how great the music was and everyone had a great time dancing! Matt was a great photographer and got amazing shots of everything! We have gotten so many compliments on our beautiful wedding photos. The wedding album he made is really gorgeous. I highly recommend Sue and Matt for all of the services they provide. It was also a big plus that they provided the package with all 3 services, it made planning the wedding less stressful! They really played a huge part in making our wedding such a special day :)

Sent on 07/07/2011