Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography Reviews

157 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

157 Reviews for Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography

Nichole · Married on 09/01/2013

Sue and Matt were simply amazing! We were planning a destination wedding from Indiana and Sue was amazing with helping me plan my music for the ceremony/reception. She was prompt with her emails, and was very helpful if I had any questions. Sue and Matt showed up the day of and got everything ready and set up in a timely fashion, and even helped us with a few things when we were dealing with the rainy forecast. Even though the evening ended up being clear, it was nice to have someone that knew the venue and could help us out. We received ceremony music via the violin and DJ service, and we couldn't be happier with our decision! Purchasing the ceremony/DJ package was the best choice! Thanks again Sue and Matt!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Very great to work with! They were our DJ and did our ceremony music. Sue was very friendly and always on top of everything that we needed to do. I loved how she gave us an outline for our wedding day and that really helped us out a lot. I didnt have a wedding planner so she really did an awesome job and I would def. recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2013

Sue and Matt were a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to any bride looking for help in their wedding planning, music, and photography. I was out of town (over 800miles away) and Sue was so quick to respond to my emails and phone calls - which is incredibly important when I couldn't be there until the actual wedding. Not to mention, she was able to give me suggestions on other vendors, places to get flowers, etc... Upon meeting both Sue and Matt - I knew immediately that we had made the right choice, they are so nice and easy to be around. Sue played amazing ceremony music and Matt did a fantastic job on our photography. I couldn't have asked for better people work with - I would recommend them to anyone that is looking to have a wedding in OBX.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Sandra · Married on 07/06/2013

Sue and Matt are an amazing professional couple. I felt very close to Sue, she was always there to reply to any type of questions and give me advices for my wedding. The music at the ceremony was unforgettable and the party was fun!
    Matt was next to us the entire wedding so he caught every single moments, ceremony, reception etc.
    We highly recommend them, they both are very nice people to work with.

Thank you Matt and Sue for making our day so special!!!!

Sandra and Patrick

Sent on 07/28/2013

Brianna · Married on 07/02/2013

Artz Music and Photography did a wonderful job at our wedding and leading up to our wedding. They were very quick to respond to emails and help plan and keep the flow of our wedding. All our guests love the violin at the ceremony. The photos captured every moment of our wedding beautifully!! We are thrilled with their work!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Christy · Married on 06/30/2013

Matt and Sue are both very professional and great team to have at your wedding. Don't think twice about hiring them for your special day.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Jen · Married on 06/29/2013

Sue and Matt were amazing! My original music backed out on me 4 days before my wedding and Sue took care of everything with no problems. Our ceremony and reception music were awesome and loved all our photographs. They both were wonderful to work with and had great personalities! I completely recommend them.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2013

Sue and Matt Artz were one of the best parts of our wedding. From day one of finding them on-line, Sue made us feel totally comfortable and at ease in hiring them. They really helped make the planning process that much less stressful and it was so wonderful to have all of the services in one. They were very organized with their contract and timing and payment plan very fair. The music was perfect both the violin music for the ceremony and the DJing and the entire 80 people were on their feet the whole night. Sue also learned a Catholic hymn to play just for our wedding since it was an inter-religious ceremony. The pictures arrived about 7 weeks after the wedding (1 week before stated in the contract) and in the meantime she kept sending us "teasers" which were pictures preparing us for what was to come. Out of the 800 pictures, at least 3/4 of them were awesome which was more than expected since we both hate being in front of the camera. Overall, I would strongly recommend Artz Music and Photography and there is no doubt that when we come back for our anniversary photos and party, Sue and Matt will be the ones we call! Thanks so much to Artz Music and Photography for everything, the experience would never have been as great as it was without you!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Connie · Married on 06/15/2013

Matt and Sue were phenomenal! They worked with us every step of the way and made our wedding and reception fantastic. If you are looking for a very professional team that is so much fun...look no further.

Sent on 09/17/2013
  • SARA

Sara · Married on 06/15/2013

The Best!!

Everything I was asking for and more! Fantastic photographs! Beautiful ceremony! Exceeded my expectations! From Sue's exceptional violinist to Matt's exceptional photography. All our photos were fabulous! The lighting, color and angles!! Sue was also our officiant and wonderfully orchestrated our ceremony. We will use them every year for family photos when we come back! We felt so very lucky to have found them on the wedding wire. All our family and friends love the photos, especially our treasured photos captured of our grandsons!!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure working with you both and we wish you a long and happy life together that's filled with laughter and love!!

Dennis · Married on 06/08/2013

Sue and Matt both were fantastic to work with. They provided the highest level of service for a very reasonable rate.

Sue provided beautiful music for the service and played what was requested for the reception. Matt was great and captured the wedding and reception in it's true form.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Rachelle · Married on 06/04/2013

Sue and Matt Artz are so sweet and a great team! They shot over 500 photos in the two hours we requested for our wedding. The pictures turned out amazing! They really caught our most special moments and could tell they enjoyed themselves. It was truly a pleasure having them part of our special day.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Heather · Married on 05/26/2013

They were amazing to work with, super responsive and very flexible. The violin during the ceremony made an amazing day even more epic.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Maura · Married on 05/18/2013

We used Artz Music & Photography for our ceremony music & DJ for our reception! Sue & Matt were amazing to work with. I mostly emailed back and forth with Sue and she was GREAT. She was super responsive, offered lots of tips and advice. She helped me set up a timeline as I had no idea how to do a wedding timeline. Planning our wedding from far away was hard enough, but working with Sue made it easier and calmed my nerves. Her and Matt were great on our big day. Their prices are extremely reasonable for a bride on a budget, as well.

I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Erica · Married on 05/02/2013

Sue and Matt make a good team and do everything possible to make your special day as smooth as possible! Love them:)

Sent on 08/12/2013

Christina · Married on 04/09/2013

Matt and Sue were absolutely fantastic. Very resonable in price and after seeing my proofs of wedding photos wonderful job on my photos. Everyone that has seen them has said they just don't know how I am going to pick the ones I like most becuase they are all fantastic! My photos were the most important thing to me. We had a small ceremony and Sue played the ceremony music. These two are a great team and if I would have had a reception I would have choose them to be the DJ also. Can't say enough great about these two!

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Marti

Marti · Married on 11/03/2012

Sue and Matt Artz handled the wedding music, reception DJ, and photography. They arranged for us to have a videographer as well. I loved working with them. They are professional and talented, but easy to work with - they're "regular people" who are easy to work with and feel like friends right off the bat. The quality of their work is wonderful. Sue played the violin for the ceremony and it was beautiful.
    Matt's photographs are amazing, I like his style. They're affordable too!!
    Thank you Sue and Matt!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2012

Sue and Matt with Artz Music & Photography were by far the best value and best quality wedding vendor that we booked. As a bride planning from another state, I so appreciated Sue's vendor suggestions, timeline sample, and relevant questions for us to consider during the planning stages. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to text her with any questions, and I sure did. She always answered right away and put every single concern I had to rest throughout the process. Sue also played the violin at our Catholic ceremony and during our cocktail hour. My father, a liturgical pianist whose dream was always to play at my wedding, was extremely impressed at Sue's talent during the ceremony and cocktail hour. He played the piano during the remainder of the ceremony, and was so happy that Sue was flexible in working with us to make that go smoothly. Sue also DJed the reception, and played almost every song on our very long "must play" list, ensured the timeline we wanted went off flawlessly by working with the catering manager, and helped collect guests for the sparkler send off. Matt was our photographer, and from the teasers we've seen, he did a fantastic job with our wedding. I can also speak to the quality of the photos he took for our engagement session and for a family portrait session we scheduled in between the engagement and our wedding. Matt is an unobtrusive and incredibly fast photographer. Our pictures on the wedding day were done way ahead of schedule, and he even encouraged the wedding party to brave the drizzle and wind and get to the beach for some awesome shots with 10 foot pre-Hurricane Sandy waves. Sue and Matt Artz are by far the best value vendors on the OBX, and my new husband and I are planning to maintain a lifelong relationship with them, especially during our annual beach vacations on the OBX. They became family in our 9 months of planning. Thank you Sue and Matt!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Planning a wedding is stressful to begin with but planning a destination wedding adds so much more difficulties. Working with Sue and Matt Artz made the planning process so much easier. Their ease of access and communication was execptional. My husband and I never had to worry about what we needed and a time frame because Sue stayed on top of things and if we had questions she was able to provide the best service in a quick time frame. The DJ was able to get the reception going and kept the party going ALL night long. The Photography is beautiful and each part of the day was capture with beauty! We received our photos in a timely fashion and when a disc didn't work they were able to correct the problem and send us new discs in no time. Thank you again

Sent on 01/06/2013

Misty · Married on 09/29/2012

One thing any bride will tell you is that she always wants to feel special and be number one in the whole wedding planning process. Sue did a great job in making me feel very special from our very fisrt phone conversation. Sue was so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and got back to me immediately with answeres to any questions I had. Artz Misuc & Photography are really affordable as well. We chose violin cermony music, DJ and photography package. Matt (Sue's husband) did the photography and what a great guy to work with, He made all those family photos so much fun. Everyone boasted during and after the wedding about how much fun they had because of the DJ. This husband -wife team made my wedding day the most beautiful and fun day of our lives. Thanks so much ARTZ MUSIC & PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2012

When I first meet Sue I knew our experience was going to be amazing. She is so reassuring and does a play by play of everything. It was amazing, I was not worried about a thing! Matt and I meet shortly after and they both made me feel super comfortable and layed back. I wish I could put into words how amazing all the services were, but I could never. Our family, friends and of course US had the most amazing time of our lives. Im writing this review without seeing our actual photographs yet but I have complete trust in Matt that they will be beautiful.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2012

Sue was amazing!! She played the violin beautifully during our ceremony. She was also our DJ and, months after our wedding we are still hearing how great she was. Instead of going on vacation for her birthday weekend she came to entertain our wedding guests. We were having so much fun that my husband asked her to stay an extra hour and she did!!! I can't give her enough compliments! She is so accommodating, helpful and makes you feel so comfortable from beginning to end. THANK YOU SUE!!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 08/07/2012

Absolutely wonderful experience from the start .. We were a destination wedding and Sue & Matt helped from the start..Very personable & professional! Sue is so talented & the music was just beautiful, exactly what we had wanted..Our beach ceremony was rained out but they worked with us; so flexible, caring, and considerate. They graciously accommodated us a few days later with a gorgeous beach photo shoot. We are thrilled with the photos and words are really not enough to describe how pleased we are .. Thank you Sue & Matt

~Liz&Nate Perry

Sent on 09/30/2012

Amy · Married on 08/06/2012

We really enjoyed having Artz Music to do our ceremony music as well as reception music. The violin music was beautiful at the ceremony and really made it feel special. I was extremely happy with how well Sue announced the bridal party into the reception as well as announcing different things such as anniversaries. The playlist was right-on with what we wanted. We would recommend Artz Music & Photography to everyone getting married on or near the Outer Banks!! They did a fantastic job.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Catrina · Married on 06/23/2012

Sue and Matt were great!! They kept the party going all night!! My husband and I got high praises all night on on how well Sue played the violin during the wedding (through the sprinkles on the beach) and how the music "ROCKED"!!! Best Reception Ever!!!!!

Sent on 07/15/2012