Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography Reviews

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 5
Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 6
Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 7

Tammy · Married on 08/14/2018

Sue and Matt are simply AMAZING! We "shopped" around for someone for our vow renewal and came across Artz Music and Photography. They were recommended by a few others on Outer Banks sites, we are so glad they were. They are so down to earth and so easy to talk to. They were very helpful with setting up our special day.

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 13
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 14
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 15

Heather · Married on 08/11/2018

We planned for a beach wedding but unfortunately we got rained out. Sue and Matt was very professional at accommodating us and still made our day feel very special! Also, Sue's violin skill are top notch! She rocked it.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Lance · Married on 06/27/2018

Matt and Sue were awesome. They helped us with planning the wedding and introduced us to an awesome florist and made cake recommendations. the photos were fantastic and efficient. We would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Rhiannon · Married on 05/20/2018

They are definitely our second family in OBX now... They helped us so much and we're so awesome! I wish we could have hung out with them more! Made our day with our three little ones so special!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Karen · Married on 05/12/2018

Matt and Sue were so great and easy to work with! They were both so chill and guided us through everything that needed done. Matt got all the shots we wanted and the photos turned out amazing! Sue's music during the ceremony was beautiful and DJing during the reception was perfect. She provided a timeline beforehand which took a lot of stress off me trying to figure all that out. Dealing with one person for three different services (photography, ceremony music and DJ) was also extremely convenient. We loved them and will definitely be calling them for family photos in years to come!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 04/24/2018

Sue and Matt we AMAZING! I was engaged for over a year and Sue helped me with everything and anything I needed from her. My husband and I live in Michigan, so a destination wedding we had. Things went smoothly and Sue reassured me things were going to be great! I could write a novel about the great service Matt and Sue gave us, but you will need to book them to find out for yourself! Wonderful couple and new friends!♡♡♡ The music, entertainment, and photos were on point. My mother in-law cried when she viewed the pictures. Needless to say, everytime i look at my album, its like my wedding all over again! And to top it off, it down poured on my wedding, Matt and Sue came back two days later to shoot a beach session with my husband and I!!! Happy Bride, Happy Life♡

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 16
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 17
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 18
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 19
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 20
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/18/2018

Sue did the ceremony music on violin for our wedding and she was fabulous. Such a perfect musical piece for our outdoor soundside wedding. She is a fantastic violinist and was very accommodating and easy to work with during the planning process. Highly recommend her violin services!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Hi Erin! I'm glad you had a beautiful day for your OBX Wedding and that you were happy with the music! You were definitely really easy to work with too;) Thanks again so much and hope you two enjoy your "Happily Ever After"!
    Sue

Jenna · Married on 10/07/2017

Sue and her husband are the nicest people I have ever met. She's violin skills are amazing along with the personalized Dj service the quality was more than I could have imagined

Sent on 10/24/2017

Sherry · Married on 09/03/2017

Sue did an outstanding job! She helped make my daughters wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for having me play your daughter's wedding!! It was a pleasure working with you all! Judging from their song selections, I know Sarah and Tyler will have a life-long, fun-filled and happy marriage!
    Best Wishes,
    Sue

Ned · Married on 06/24/2017

Sue and Matt were an absolute pleasure to work with. I asked them to capture my engagement and the surprise party right after and I couldn't be happier with the results. They are genuinely nice people that are easy to get along with and are very accommodating.

I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking to photograph an engagement or any other memorable event.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Ned! You two are such a cute couple and clearly head-over-heels in love, so that made our job easy;) We wish you the very best!!

Jaclyn · Married on 06/24/2017

Sue and her husband are SUCH a pleasure to work with; they'll make you feel cared for, special, and they are so organized that made us feel like we could rest easy about another stressful wedding task. Our photo's came out absolutely perfect and Sue played amazing at the wedding. Use them! They're a package deal and no one else at the OBX can provide packages like they do as far as music, wedding and Piece of Mind!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words about our work Jaclyn! It was a pleasure to work with you both and we hope to see you again some time in the future!

David · Married on 05/20/2017

Sue and Matt were excellent and fun to work with for our engagement photos. They were professional and very quick to respond to all of our questions. On the day of the photo shoot they helped direct us and create the perfect shots. We received our online album quickly and were very impressed with the quality of the photos. We highly recommend their services!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Tracey · Married on 05/19/2017

Holy Moly!! We couldn't be happier with the beautiful, no STUNNING pictures that you took at our perfect little ceremony at The Whalehead Club in Corolla. Also, I can't thank you enough for your flexibility and willingness to make sure I got every shot I wanted! If you're getting married/eloping in the OBX, do yourself a favor and call Sue and Matt Artz. You won't be disappointed!
    Scott & Tracey

Sent on 06/03/2017

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Hi Tracey! We're so happy you love your photos!! Thanks so much for choosing us to photograph your wedding! You two are a great couple and we know you'll have lots of fun together with (and without;) the kids for many years to come!! Hope to see you again sometime! Sue & Matt

Kim · Married on 05/08/2017

Sue and Matt were so amazing to work with. OBX was a destination wedding for us, so from the very beginning they were as helpful as could be. They invited us to their home to discuss exactly what we wanted, and from there we were able to communicate via e-mail and text. When the big day finally arrived, they were prompt and professional - and were everything photographers should be! Sue was a wonderful officiant, and could go with the flow when we were nervous and didn't know what we were doing since we did not have a rehearsal. They were so helpful with our planning process - giving us recommendations for everything! They were budget friendly. Now we have someone we can call every time we visit the OBX and need pictures taken! We could not have asked for a better turn out of our wedding pictures!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 26
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 27
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 28

Marley · Married on 04/24/2017

Matt & Sue were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day! They came prepared and took amazing shots of our special day. They included our entire family, got every picture we asked for, and came up with some great creative shots we hadn't thought of! Absolutely wonderful people, very easy to work with and was prompt in getting back to us every time. I highly recommend Artz Music and Photography for your OBX wedding!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for having us Marley! You guys are an awesome couple and we LOVED it when you ran into the ocean at the end of your ceremony right after you kissed!! That was a first for us in 17 years! We know you'll live happily ever after and hope to see you and the kids again someday!! Sue & Matt

Julia · Married on 04/15/2017

My husband and I had a great experience with Artz Music and Photography! This was our second marriage and wanted a small, cozy yet beautiful wedding. Sue and Matt were so accommodating and worked with us on our photography needs and Sue played the violin for music whic was absolutely beautiful. We highly recommend Sue and Matt for any wedding of all sizes and venues!

Sent on 10/05/2017
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 33
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 34
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 35

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us share your special Wedding Day with you! We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness together!
    Love,
    Sue and Matt❤❤

Crystal · Married on 03/10/2017

Sue was amazing!!! I’m not sure what I would’ve done without her on that day! Their so much more then photographers and musicians they became our friends and next we need photos and we’re in the obx you can bet we’ll call them!!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 36
    Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography 37

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Crystal! Hope you two have been enjoying life together as newlyweds! We wish you the best and hope to see you again on your future OBX Vacations!!

Alexandra · Married on 09/13/2016

We were fortunate enough to find Sue relatively last minute for our 9/13/2016 wedding. She did a wonderful job accommodating our needs and even helped me to surprise my (now) husband by learning his favorite song for me to walk down the aisle to. She helped us bring to life the perfect soundtrack for our beach ceremony!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Alex! It was a pleasure working with you and Joe on your Wedding Day. I know you two will live a long and very happy life together!
    All My Best,
    Sue Artz

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2016

Sue & Matt Artz made our day so special! It's like we had been old friends for years! They were so great with communication and answered every question we had along the way. We were planning our ceremony remotely from Chicago and everything came together beautifully. So glad we have these memories to look back on for years to come! Sue played violin as we walked out to the arch set up on the beach. It was just breathtaking & just as I imagined my wedding day to be! Thanks for everything Matt and Sue! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Shelley · Married on 06/10/2016

Sue and Matt were great to work with and they were a big help in directing our 10 yr vow renewal ceremony! The violin was a really nice touch to the ceremony and the pictures turned out great! I definitely recommend Artz Music & Photography!!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Dayna · Married on 06/09/2016

Absolutely amazing!!!! Couldn't have found anyone better!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Dayna! We're so glad you had a wonderful wedding day and we hope to see you all again sometime:)

Lynn · Married on 05/12/2016

Sue and Matt did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding on 5/12/16. Sue responded to all email correspondence rapidly and was extremely helpful in planning the music for both the ceremony and the reception. Sue's violin music for the ceremony was beautiful, and the fact that she can play a wide variety of songs allowed my daughter to choose songs that were special to her. At the reception, Sue and Matt kept everyone dancing from the first dance to the last, with music inviting for all ages. As was to be expected, there were some changes that needed to be made to the timeline during the reception, and Sue was very flexible and made everything flow smoothly. It was a huge benefit that Sue and Matt could take care of everything related to the music for the wedding. They are pro's and we could just relax and enjoy it!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words! We were honored to be a part of your daughter's wedding and know they will live happily ever after! Thanks again❤

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2016

Sue and Matt could not have helped us any more than they did to create and pull off the most perfect wedding day. When we reached out to them we were overwhelmed with all the decisions we had to make from several states away. Sue jumped right in with recommendations, guidance, and reassurances. It was wonderful having 4 vendors in one package. And her catering recommendation (Argyle's) was absolutely amazing! Both Sue and Matt kept everything on track the day of the wedding so all we had to worry about was getting dressed and walking down the aisle. From our first phone call, through emails, our pre-wedding sit down, all the way to the end of our wonderful day we could not have asked for anything more.

From the moment I heard Sue's violin music coming from the beach I was emotional. The beauty of the moment could not have been more perfect. Sue kept our wishes and our requests in mind throughout everything, even consulting with us when there was an unusual request from a guest, she just was making sure that everything was exactly what we wanted, I felt like she was my guardian angel helping keep everything the way I had envisioned. And wow did she keep the reception hopping, everyone loved the music, I don't think there was a moment when there weren't people dancing and just having an awesome time. She didn't even shy away from a rather crazy request from me for my Father/Daughter dance.

And the pictures, all I can say is Wow! Matt captured everything, from my Dad's face when he saw me in my dress for the first time, the moments I couldn't see because I was getting ready, all the way to our rooftop sunset pictures right before the reception was over. We told Matt we wanted candid shots mostly, we wanted to capture the day in beautiful moments with our family and friends, and that is exactly what he did. If you want everything to run smoothly and be captured beautifully, then Sue & Matt are who you need for your special day!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jen and Mike! We're so happy your Wedding Day was everything you hoped it would be!

Words cannot express how happy I am that we chose to go with Matt and Sue for our wedding. They were fantastic from day one. I had called around, and was just unsettled with my decision until I spoke with Sue. I expected a quick phone call, but instead I ended up talking with her for 45 minutes. She was incredibly helpful, and made me feel at rest about all of the decisions we had made that far in the planning process. I had decided that they were the best fit for us before I had even hung up the phone. From that point on, Sue was my go to for any questions or concerns that I had about the wedding. They helped us with decisions unrelated to the photography or music that allowed us to stay within our budget. When we made a planning trip down to Corolla, they set aside time within our short visit to meet with us. We left there feeling very confident with our choice. Reflecting back on how well the whole process went, I feel it is so important to emphasis how supportive they were of our budget and our ideas that may have been unique or questionable. They listened to our ideas and made us feel as if we were the best wedding planners they had ever seen. This was especially reassuring since we did not hire a wedding planner. Now onto the actual wedding day - they showed up early and got started right away. A wave of anxiety had washed over me right before they walked in, so I rushed through talking to them and just told them to do what they thought was best. Everything was on time and so smooth. I could not imagine the ceremony or reception going any better. I left that day feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude for them. To top that off, they had our pictures to us wayyy before I expected based on the turnover rate of other photographers I had talked to. My husband :) and I set up the slideshow and were able to relive all the emotions we experienced that day. The pictures were beyond amazing. Our wedding was everything I ever hoped for.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography's reply:

Thank you again for sharing your Wedding Day with us! We're so glad everything turned out wonderful!