Outer Banks Productions Reviews

Outer Banks Productions 4
  • Demi

Demi Swagger · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding Photographer

Douglas and Michele were an amazing team!! They were prompt, friendly and professional!! They listened to what I wanted and followed my visions on my wedding day even with the delay in the timeline!! The entire wedding was raving about them and how they didn’t seem to miss any shots!! We will def be using them for family beach photos from now on and any other special beach occasion!!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Demi and Sam, your comments are amazing! Michelle and I had such a wonderful time at your wedding! It was one of the best for 2019. Your family and guests were so kind and respectful and it was so refreshing!!!!

Please know that there are 30-40 clients in front of you and we work all day, every day to get everyone's images done in order and as fast as possible. We promise that we will contact y'all the moment everything is edited and we know you will love the photos.

I know that we were able to capture awesome getting ready and ceremony shots. The ceremony lighting was incredible, so those are going to wonderful! We also shot a lot of really amazing action shots of the children during the nice reception. I have not seen Michelle's photos but she is really the star of the show, so I know they will be amazing! We even got shots of your amazing food! Thanks so much for feeding us. It was wonderful and we greatly appreciate it!

Again, thank you for your kind words and comments, it means the world to us. We shoot every wedding as if it's our own family and do everything we can to capture everything and all the stuff you may have not seen! We love y'all and you get 10% for life on any photography and future family portraits. We are so glad you chose Outer Banks Productions! Great match!!!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Vendor Ever!!

Definitely recommend this vendor!! Michelle and Doug did a fabulous job with our wedding and engagement shoot. Well worth every penny!!!! They both have huge experience and were very helpful in the planning of the shoots and planning of the wedding photo list. They are always very responsive. The best part is they care about each of their clients. They will do anything they can to make sure you have a great experience. I have never had a photographer take pictures that take my breath away and almost every picture they took did that. I will definitely use them again for future family portraits.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Outer Banks Productions 5
    Outer Banks Productions 6

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Love them!

Doug and Michelle are absolutely wonderful! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was great. They are the nicest people and were a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thank you Meghan! Shelly and I felt the same and couldn't think of a better couple to work with for our last 2018 wedding! We really had a blast. Don't forget, your friends and family can get 10% just for mentioning your wedding. We'll contact the moment your images are ready to view on-line! Thank you again for your kind words and great wedding day!
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 08/30/2018

OBX Productions

Doug and Michelle were great to work with offering alot of advice aside from just Photograpy. We loved our pictures and day of service was amazing. Michelle even helped me get into my dress when my Mom was having trouble! Not expected, but much appreciated. Super sweet, the only issue we had was waiting for our images but they were worth it in the end.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Jaclyn, thank you so much for your kind words and great review! We are always available to help any of our couples with non photography issues. We've joked about also becoming wedding planners, since we have so much experience. You two were wonderful to work with and it was our pleasure. Sorry about the delay on the photos. The Fall is any photographers worst time for getting images edited because we have so many weddings to shoot and all the summer family portraits to finish also. Those 2 hurricanes in the Fall cost us around 2 weeks of solid editing time. We really worked as fast as possible to catch up and your patience was beyond belief! I'm really glad you like the photos! I'm also going to email you a free family portrait session that you can use for any date that we are open and it never expires! So keep an eye out for that. Again, thank you for your business and your wonderful review! We hope to work with you both, again!

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2018

Doug and Michelle photographed my getting ready, first look photos, church wedding and reception. I'm so happy I hired them. They made sure to capture all the photos I wanted and even ones I didnt know I would want. Plus they were fun to work with! Can't wait to see how all the photos turned out.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thank you Sarah for the kind words! It was a wonderful event and we were very happy to work so hard to get full coverage. Your kind words mean the world to us. We will contact you the moment that everything is edited. Michelle's editing is the best on the beach and she works very hard for perfection! Thanks again for your business!!!

Marissa · Married on 07/29/2018

It’s hard to find the right words to describe how incredible Michelle and Doug are. To say that they go above and beyond for their clients is an understatement. On the day of our wedding in Frisco, NC, the island flooded nearly two feet deep. They found someone to lend them a truck so that they could drive through the flooding to capture our special day. Michelle was so kind and laid back, making sure that she captured every moment without being overbearing. She gave us the opportunity to tell her which poses we wanted to do, but offered ideas when we asked. We could not have asked for a better person to capture our big day!

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Outer Banks Productions 7
    Outer Banks Productions 8

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Marissa, thank you so much for the kind words and the great review! I'm so glad it worked out!!! It was our pleasure!

Vanessa · Married on 04/29/2018

Spring for the videography. It is my biggest regret. Shelley is a sweetheart! The day of our wedding was complete chaos, she gave me the gentle push to get through it. Without someone as professional as her I can't imagine the outcome. I can not wait to see the fun memories she captured! Also, this is a Christian, family business, their prayers for my family were right on time! Thank you Doug and Michelle Haber of Outer Banks Productions!!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jenni · Married on 06/10/2017

Absolutely love these people. Great job! So easy to work with.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

We were so excited to work with Michelle and Doug from the get-go. Finding a photographer that was affordable, yet produced great quality was not an easy task. We were able to book Outer Banks Productions for our photographer and videographer for our wedding on September 24th, as well as for our engagement photos, which turned out AMAZING! They are the absolute sweetest couple and so very easy to work with. They are quick to respond to emails and any questions at all you may have (I had a lot!), which was so helpful considering we were two and a half hours away from where we were getting married. On the day of, they kept us on our timeline and really helped us make this day the most memorable day of our life. They didn't miss a beat!

Do not hesitate to book Outer Banks Productions for your photographer and videographer, you will NOT be disappointed! We are so excited to see the memories of our wonderful day!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Erin · Married on 09/21/2016

I am so happy we went with Michelle and Doug! They were amazing from the beginning and always available if we had questions. They really went out of their way to work with us, which I appreciated due to us living out of state. On the wedding day, they both were incredible in capturing all of the photos we wanted, as well as amazing candids. Once we got to see the photos, we were so blown away...I still can't stop looking at them! You only get one chance to capture your wedding, and Outer Banks Productions nailed it. Go with them!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Doug and Michelle are a great team!!! They did such an awesome job at our wedding! Everything we wanted and more in a photographer. They were so fun and easy to work with! Super quick turnaround on the preview pictures! Everyone should work with them! Great photographers!!

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! This means the world to us!

Simon · Married on 11/28/2015

Very good communications and price quote. Really friendly, professional and flexible photography and attention on the day. Waiting to see the final product but have every confidence will be amazing.

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words and your business Simon! We will contact you as soon as the images are ready!

Doug & Michelle were a joy to work with - you can tell they really enjoy what they do. Michelle and I spoke about my wants/needs 2 weeks prior to my wedding and was very caring and sincere about what specific shots I wanted. She had a family portrait list she was following on the day of our wedding - a very windy Outer Banks day at that - and got the job done. I have only seen my sneek preview - and not the entire portfolio - but based on the quality of our photographs from the sneek preview, we can't wait! They are also very responsive to e-mails which I always think is important for a positive client relationship. Prices are very reasonable in comparison to other local area photographers.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Doug and Michelle were the perfect team to work with. They helped capture our best day in the most beautiful way. The pictures were amazing and she gave us a sneak peak the next day! So nice and professional. They helped us throughout the planning with all sorts of tips and techniques to make our day more magical. Everyone should work with them!! Awesome photos and so fun!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for all of the kind words! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review us! Please make sure to come see us for family portraits in the future.

Lais · Married on 07/28/2015

Doug and Michelle were absolutely fantastic to work with. They helped us created a perfect day and the photos came out perfect! I would definitely recommend them!!!
    Can't wait to go back and work with them on family portraits!!

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Lais, thank you for the kind words. We had a wonderful time working with the both of you!

Melanie · Married on 06/22/2015

Doug and Michelle were so great to work with! They were so professional and I am so pleased they were a part of our wedding day. They kept us on schedule and made sure we got all of the shots we wanted. They also did our photo booth at our wedding and it was a huge hit. My friends and family haven't stopped talking about all the fun props! I highly recommend Doug and Michelle!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Melanie & Craig, thank you so much for the kind words and great rating! It was great working with you. It was a great night and the crowd was awesome! Again, thank you!

Amanda · Married on 04/25/2015

I contacted Doug last minute for our photo booth and he was able to help us out. The photo booth was one of the best parts of the wedding. Very professional and tons of props!! Thank you for helping make our day special!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Amanda! It was a pleasure working with you and Dwight and you had a wonderful crowd. Congratulations and please see us for family portraits in the future. All your friends also get 10% off if they mention your wedding.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/09/2014

When my husband and I made the decision to elope, it was with little over a week before the 3 year anniversary of our first date, which of course was at the waterfront in Manteo. I was very skeptical that the Habers would have the free time to do this for us, so we thought that a weeknight wedding may make things run more smoothly for planning. We were pleasantly surprised to hear that they were free and very happy to help us out! Michelle seemed just as excited as us in this big secret we were sharing with them!

I’ve always wanted to get married at sunset, it being my favorite time of the day. So Michelle helped us begin to plan the where and when for the small ceremony to try to make the most of the light. My husband met with the Habers that afternoon and they all decided that the Lighthouse would make for the best setup, and then we would stroll around downtown Manteo snapping pictures as we went, and hoping against hope to catch one of our local famous sunset skies.

Believe me when I tell you, seeing how our pictures turned out brought tears to my eyes. I was expecting something great, given I’d been researching their work online for the past few months, I knew they would turn out well. But what we got was something beyond words. They were better than I could have ever imagined. There were shots I hadn’t thought of, and they turned out to be some of my favorites! My wonderful husband picked out my bouquet, and they actually matched our sunset perfectly! I have received so many compliments from friends and family.

I recommend Outer Banks Productions, due to their imagination, free & easy personalities, humor and above all else their professionalism. Something you don’t always get from local businesses in this area.

Thank you Michelle and Doug for sharing with us, and helping to capture our very special day! We look forward to our ‘Trash the Dress’ session this winter/spring!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Andrea · Married on 07/09/2014

Michelle and Doug were incredible! So sweet and knowledgable. Made the big day super easy! The pictures so far have been beautiful.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2014

Heather and Doug, owners of OBP, were a delight to work with - they provided exceptional photography services for a very affordable rate! What I appreciated most was their ability to get shots without being obtrusive.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Thanks Stephanie! Michelle and I had a great time working with you. Your comments are very appreciated!

Allison · Married on 04/11/2014

Michelle and Doug Haber are the sweetest most considerate couple. They are energetic and passionate about being photographers, and it shows in their work. They photographed our wedding and did an amazing job. They made everyone at the event feel very comfortable. Guests were coming up to us towards the end of the event commenting on how the photographers did such a great job. The pictures are beautiful!!! They captured everything about our wedding perfectly. Their prices are amazing, in an industry where cost can be overwhelming. I would go to them for family photographs in the future. It was a great pleasure to have them apart of our special day!!!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Outer Banks Productions's reply:

Allison, this is so nice! Thanks you! We had a great time!

susan · Married on 10/13/2013

very easy to work with; haven't seen the photos, but they knew what they were doing, and did some amazing posed and spontaneous shots!!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Alicia · Married on 03/19/2013

Michelle and Doug are two very polite, professional and talented individuals! As husband and wife they are a great team, which made everything flow nicely! I couldn't have been more pleased with my photos. Michelle is great with positioning you and has some really cute poses. I am eager to see my video!!! I am sure it is excellent as well. Doug filmed the ceremony and us taking off and in a helicopter. He went beyond the contract and filmed us returning in the helicopter as well. The photos were posted online in less then two weeks and all of the cds were shipped to me in just over two weeks. I highly recommend Outer Banks Productions!!! Thank-you Doug and Michelle!!!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Tylara · Married on 08/18/2012

We hired Outer Banks Productions for our wedding in 2012. They were extremely accomodating to our location and budget. Michelle Haber was a wonderful photographer and we were very pleased with the photograph quality. If we could do our wedding over again, we would definitely hire Outer Banks Productions again. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Andrea · Married on 03/19/2011

In a time when customer service is lacking, Outer Banks Productions is NOT! Michelle and Doug are absolutely amazing! They photographed my March wedding at the Hilton pier and reception at the pier house. We could not have been happier with our pictures (all 2300 of them!)! We got nothing but glowing remarks about how wonderful all the pictures were from our friends and family members. Doug and Michelle were nothing short of superb. They were so helpful as I was having such a hard time planning a wedding from across the country! We could tell that they were generally happy for us on our day. The turn around time for us to both see our pictures on their website and to get our discs in the mail was so quick! I was amazed at their timeliness, not to mention their professionalism. For the quality of everything we received and for their amazing service, we should have paid at least twice as much as we did. They were just wonderful and I would recommend them over and over again! If I had to do it over again, I would absolutely choose Doug and Michelle again. Michelle had some amazing ideas and they were both so calming on my big day. I couldn't have asked for more from them. Thanks guys!

Sent on 05/16/2011