114 Reviews for Our Wedding Officiant NYC

Catholic (1)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
114 Our Wedding Officiant NYC Reviews

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant! Peter was a great speaker, and pulled together our mixed background ceremony seamlessly. We are a non-religious couple, but wanted to honor our families Catholic and Jewish backgrounds, and he found the perfect words to honor this in his speech. We appreciated that he quickly shared his full speech with us early on, which helped put us at ease (one less thing to worry about during stressful wedding planning!). And he elegantly found a way to add in a tribute to my dad who had passed last year. During the wedding, our venue's microphone failed, however everybody could still hear Peter super clearly - we had comments from our guests on what a great job he did, I don't even think they noticed! Not to mention, Peter's quick thinking probably saved my dress from being caught on fire - I later found out he blew out candles that were previously lit by our venue coordinator to be right by my wedding dress on the floor! Good call on that! I would highly recommend Peter to anybody having a wedding. Thank you again for helping to make our rainy wedding day amazing ! :-D

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Catholic, Jewish

Peter Boruchowitz was our officiant and we can't recommend him highly enough! He spent time before the event getting to know us and out story and incorporated key details into the ceremony. His delivery was great (friendly, just the right speed) and we had many complements afterwards from guests saying how impressive he was. You should definitely consider Peter for your officiant!

Profile Picture Brian, 7/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter wrote a beautiful service for us. He made us feel comfortable and relaxed and made our day very personal and special. We highly recommend using his services!

Profile Picture Suzie, 6/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were absolutely thrilled with our officiant, Peter Boruchowitz. He was very professional, friendly, and accommodating. He is an excellent orator, which really helped with our outdoor setting. There were some small issues that came up with our ceremony, but Peter was very flexible and accommodating to the point my wife and I had no clue of the issues.

Thank you Peter for helping to make our wedding day everything we hoped it would be!

Profile Picture Christopher, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter was absolutely fabulous for our wedding ceremony! My husband and I are from out of state and he helped us with directions on obtaining our Marriage License to make the process as easy as possible. From start to finish he was professional yet welcoming and personable. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was, which Peter prepared. I cannot thank you enough for your services!

Profile Picture Casey, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter- Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding you preformed for our son on Nov. 1, 2017. It was one of the most loving, personal and sincere weddings I’ve ever attended. Your speech was elegant and heartfelt and our guest remarked how in touch you were with the couple. You are absolutely phenomenal. From the initial email to the completion of the wedding, you made planning this wedding from across the county fun, easy, and personal (we are from California). We hope that anyone who is thinking of getting married in New York finds you to perform it. The wedding would not have been the same without you. Thank you so much

Deanna

Profile Picture Deanna, 11/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter was just wonderful. We had a last minute wedding change and he was there in a pinch. He sent us several options for our vows so we could tailor it to who we are as a couple. He was always responsive and made me (a frantic bride) feel at ease. And every one of our guests raved about his ceremony. Although we had just met him in person that day, his warmth and kindness made it feel like we knew him for a long time. We were so lucky to find Peter!

Profile Picture Nn, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter was exceptional from start to finish. Every step of the way was pleasant, transparent and fluid. He allowed us to personalize our ceremony as we went through several drafts. Peter accommodated all of our wishes and requests with ease and also shared some excellent recommendations as well. The ceremony itself was just perfect. Peter’s voice is perfectly suited for an officiant. His positivity and his words resonated throughout the room and it was apparent that everyone was engaged. All of the attendees had the most positive feedback and commentary on Peter’s performance and exclaimed that it was the ‘best’ ceremony they had ever witnessed! We thank you for making our special day that much more special!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Being the first in both of our families to get married outside of a church our parents were a little concerned and skeptical about us being married by an officiant at the venue. Peter's Ceremony was incredible. He added the right amount of Religion (for our families), but kept it personal and light (for us). Our families have not stop raving about our beautiful the ceremony was - one guest told us it was the nicest "service" they've every been to. I would recommend him to ANYONE needing an Officiant!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter was absolutely fantastic for our wedding ceremony! My husband and I decided to have an intimate wedding less than two months than the date of, and Peter couldn't have been more accommodating. He met with us right away, and even though we were short on time, worked with us quickly to still make our ceremony personal, special, and unique.

We got married at one of the more busy parts of Central Park. Peter was the best for this type of environment. Not only does he have a strong presence where his voice and message carried across the crowd, but he has a strong personality that could help navigate the busy NYC location.

I'm so glad we worked with Peter on our special day!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter exceeded our expectations with his beautiful ceremony. We received SO MANY compliments with how amazing he was. He truly made our ceremony guests feel our love which is exactly what we wanted. He has a gift and it shows! Thank you Peter a MILLION times over!

Profile Picture Amber, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter was absolutely amazing. From our first meeting where he got to know us and asked about how we met and our lives together, to the last review of the Ceremony, he was a pleasure to work with. His Ceremony was incredible. He added the right amount of Religion (for our Mothers), but kept it contemporary (for us). I would recommend him to ANYONE needing an Officiant!

Profile Picture Patrick, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Don't waste anymore time searching - book Peter to officiate your wedding! My husband and I traveled from the UK to New York with our family to get married in Central Park. As soon as we came across Peters website we both knew Peter would be perfect to officiate our wedding. He was very responsive to our emails and remained in regular contact with us up to our wedding day. Peter even gave us ideas for an alternative wedding venue when the forecast took a turn for the worse. What stuck out to my husband and I the most was Peters warmth, it felt like we had known him years and we could see Peter took great pride in his work which put us both at ease with planning our wedding from 5000 miles away! We predominantly used face time to speak to Peter and he took the time to get to know us as a couple and from this developed an amazing script for our ceremony.
On our wedding day, Peter met us in Central Park welcoming us a big hug. Our wedding ceremony was better than either of us could ever of imagined. All of our guests commented how wonderful Peter was, he really was the perfect choice for us. During the ceremony Peter spoke with great presence and sincerity, it was evident that he loves what he does and being a part of peoples special day. We can't thank Peter enough. If you are looking for an Officiant, look no further, there is no better than Peter.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were married at the Boathouse in Prospect Park at the end of summer and Peter couldn't have been a more wonderful wedding officiant!! When we initially reached out we met in a quaint coffee shop to get to know each other. Peter was warm, friendly and genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple. Little did we know that he was already planning our ceremony!!! Peter personalized our ceremony and was incredibly flexible with our suggestions, but at the same time helped guide us through the process to ensure we had selected readings and vows that fit us as a couple. Our dream New York City ceremony couldn't have been more perfect- THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Jacinta, 9/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

my advice is to book peter dont even hesitate. im from ireland and we flew to new york especially for our wedding, Peter was so professional and friendly and it wasnt just us that fell in love with him everybody at our ceremony could just sense what a nice man and true professional he is! Just book him now!!! x

Profile Picture serena, 8/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter was professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. He gave us a sense of confidence that all would go well, and it did.

Profile Picture Sherryanne, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We would not hesitate in recommending Peter to perform your wedding ceremony - he is excellent at what he does! We had the most wonderful wedding in Central Park in July & Peter was a huge part of why it was so good! We first contacted Peter after reading very favourable reviews online & we found our experience to be the exact same. In all communication prior to the wedding Peter was always very helpful, professional & quick to reply. He also gave us tips about NY & suggested the most beautiful location in Central Park to get married at. He consulted us at every step of the way & produced a wonderful wedding ceremony that was so personal & really reflected us as people. Around 30 of us travelled from Scotland to NY & many of our guests commented on how great Peter was, how personal he made it & of course his wonderful New York accent! Couldn't have asked for a better officiant - thank you Peter!

Profile Picture Eilidh, 7/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cannot say enough good things about Peter. He was prompt in all communications (phone, email, and Skype) and very dependable. He officiated our fusion ceremony (Christian & Hindu) and was very knowledgeable about both faiths. In fact was more knowledgeable than most Hindu priests!! We come from different religious backgrounds and have children from prior relationships. He helped us script a beautiful ceremony that combined both of our faiths and our families, combining us into one unified family. And his fee was more than reasonable. We could not have chosen a more perfect officiant. We have NO reservations about recommending him for any wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Nandish, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Peter was exactly the officiant we wanted for our Wedding!!! My husband and I met with Peter and he immediately made us feel comfortable. He was obviously well experienced and provided us with so many insights and information that we left feeling so much better informed than when we got there. Peter was incredibly responsive and professional. He answered all of our questions and e-mails quickly. He sent us a draft of our ceremony right away after we confirmed booking him for our Wedding. His words were perfect. It was obvious he really paid attention when getting to know us the first meeting and he told our story as though he knew us for years. His personality is wonderful. He has an incredible presence that is strong and projects well, but also is warm and romantic anddid not out shine us. His voice and words were so perfect for our Wedding. Everyone, including some of the biggest critics in our families, LOVED HIM.

Profile Picture Rosanna, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious, No Denomination

This is long overdue. We got married on our 6 year anniversary on June 10, 2017. I hired Peter November of 2016 without even a second thought! Our journey with Peter with was perfect! He was always professional, detailed, prompt, detailed, a pleasure to work with. We went back and forth a few times editing our vows and he was always very responsive to our edits and quickly made the edits for us without a fuss. As I said before...a pleasure! FF to our wedding date, he was prompt and waiting for us patiently. We, hubby and I) as well as all of our guests were blown away with his speech. It was heartfelt, sincere, strong, warm and full of presence! Peter set the tone on our wedding day! I will forever be grateful that he did! There is nothing else to think about, Peter is your officiant!! CHEERS!!

Profile Picture Sylvia, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter is wonderful! We knew as soon as we met him, over a year before our wedding, that he was the perfect choice for our wedding! He was very warm, and gave a great idea to include during our ceremony (a wine unity, similar to a sand ceremony but with wine). He was very responsive, professional, and arrived early to the ceremony site. Our ceremony was beautiful and our guests complimented how nice it was! We loved the wine unity, and all the nice words Peter said! Very memorable!

Profile Picture lauren, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Civil Union, Non-religious, Licensed

Peter was absolutely phenomenal. We chose him as our officiant for our wedding and couldn't be happier. We had a unique American/Filipino/Chinese wedding, that incorporated a small combination of the 3 for our ceremony. Peter was very knowledgeable about all 3 backgrounds and was able provide a perfect ceremony for us. He was truly helpful every step of the way and we highly, highly recommend his services. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Ben, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter Boruchowitz was a fantastic wedding officiant. We found him via The Knot and from day 1 we knew he would be the perfect person to marry us. He was calm, detailed and friendly in his approach and honestly he couldn't have done a better job! He even mentioned our pets back home which was a lovely touch. We had to communicate via video link as we came to NYC from the UK. Peter made us feel at ease and we were right to have no anxiety about the day as he had it all figured out. Thanks again Peter! Lillie and Sam

Profile Picture Lillie, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Peter was absolutely fabulous. My now wife and I needed a legal ceremony before moving abroad. We were referred to Peter through a friend and after speaking with him only briefly, he put together the perfect ceremony. Not only was the way in which he spoke captivating, but the words he chose were so beautiful in describing marriage and the commitment we were making to one another. Almost every single member of our family and friends came up to us after the ceremony to say how wonderful Peter was, the readings he chose and everything. We were so thrilled, he will be officiating our bigger celebration to renew our vows!

Profile Picture User7855819, 1+ year ago, 1 Review