Our Italian Fairytale Reviews

9 Reviews for Our Italian Fairytale

• Kristen

Kristen Gullo · Married on 07/08/2019

A dream come true!

Words cannot express our gratitude for Silvia and Our Italian Fairytale. We really had the most incredible day of our lives. She made what I thought of as only a dream, a reality. It was the perfect wedding and it was all because of Silvia and the amazing people around her. She took the little direction I gave her (I am not a planner and did not have much of a vision) and created the most beautiful 3 day event, from the lemon tour and rehearsal dinner on the bay of Naples, to the wedding day/reception and lastly the farewell breakfast. During the planning phase, she was always very flexible, gave amazing suggestions, was extremely organized and responded almost immediately, even, at times, with the 6 hour time difference. She has the kindest heart and talks to you in way that makes you feel like you’ve known her for years. We always had the feeling we were in the best hands. The vendors Silvia works with are top notch, from the owners and employees of the villa, to the food, the music, the photographers and the hair and makeup artist; we couldn’t have worked with better professionals of their trade. All of our guests were simply amazed. Silvia became like family and I will always be extremely grateful for everything she did for us. She went above and beyond what we expected and I am incredibly thankful to have had her as my wedding planner and truly believe it would not have been as wonderful of a day without her.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Sue Keenan · Married on 06/04/2019

Silvia with Silvia with Our Italian Fairy Tale exceeded our expectaions!

Silvia with Our Italian Fairy Tale Wedding was excellent! Every detail was perfect. From the day at Capri, to the rehearsal dinner, the wedding and the reception, it truly was a fairy tale wedding! The venue for the wedding could not have been more spectacular. Silvia was lovely to work with and she was with us the entire time to make sure everything went smoothly. Thank you Silvia!!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Our Italian Fairytale's reply:

Grazie Sue for your sweet words. I am glad you had a great time during your Italian trip and the wedding day. I really enjoyed planning H&J's Italian fairytale and sharing with you and all your guests a taste of the Italian culture and lifestyle. Grazie mille again for taking the time to write a review. Silvia
  • Haleigh

Haleigh Foster · Married on 06/04/2019

Seamless and exquisite

I hardly have words that are fitting to describe how wonderful Silvia was as my wedding planner. Her calm and approachable demeanor, punctuality, vision and tender heart made my wedding experience phenomenal. She knows how to bring a vision to life and offers the best of the best! She planned a day trip to Capri, our rehearsal dinner and every detail for the wedding. Her attention to detail is unparalleled and even though we only met days before my wedding, I feel like we had been friends for years! If you are looking for an Italian wedding for your friends and family to remember, Silvia is the planner for you!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Our Italian Fairytale's reply:

Ciao Haleigh, I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to plan your fantastic wedding and to work with you and your sweet mom! Meeting you and your mom has been a moment I have been waiting for months and when it happened it has been simply touching! As you said, it was like if we had always been friends. I was so excited to finally meet Jack and all the guests we have been talking about for months (they were part of my everyday life) in person. Thank you deeply for your kind words. I will miss you all! I hope we can see each other soon! Grazie mille di tutto, Silvia
  • Christie

Christie Foster · Married on 06/04/2019

A Genuine Fairytale

We just returned from Sorrento where we celebrated my daughter Haleigh's wedding. Thanks to Silvia La Perla, it was indeed a genuine Italian Fairytale.

Silvia was proficient, professional and a delight to work with from our first conversation to our teary goodbye in Tasso Square. Her ideas were creative and reflective of our vision, her organizational skills kept us on schedule and on budget and her enthusiasm demonstrated that she was truly invested in our event.

She had the contacts and experience to know what would be successful for Haleigh's wedding festivities. From coordinating an all day excursion to Capri for our thirty guests, to identifying appropriate venues for both the rehearsal dinner and nuptials, to arranging shuttle transfers between all events, to suggesting vendors for music, flowers, photography, hair/make-up and, most appreciated, encouraging a nervous and weepy MOB to relax and let her handle the details, Silvia was worth her weight in gold.

I already miss our daily emails.

We cannot recommend Silvia and her company enough. I only wish I had another daughter in hopes of working with Silvia again.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Our Italian Fairytale's reply:

My sweet Christie, you know how grateful I am for this fantastic opportunity. I remember our first video chat and every single email or call we've exchanged throughout the past year. As Gampie said, we've reached the record for daily emails :-) I miss them so much as well! The planning months have been enjoyable, but the wedding day has been even more fun! Your family and friends are spectacular and all the vendors had an amazing time while working at H&J's wedding!!! Please, let's keep in touch! Grazie mille, come sempre! Silvia
  • Anthony

Anthony Dispenziere · Married on 04/29/2019

Mind-blowing Experience with an Exceptionally Talented Wedding Planner

We decided to put our blind faith in an exceptionally talented wedding planner, Silvia La Perla, and we had the time of our lives. Without exaggeration, she attended to every possible detail, and our wedding was more exceptional and perfectly executed than we could have possibly imagined. I know this sounds like hyperbole or like I'm on her payroll. It's not the case. Her services were extremely affordable, and literally every aspect of our wedding was immensely enjoyable. My wife and I are from a completely different part of the country than Silvia. We had never met her before, and we actually didn't meet her until we arrived in Italy (apart from a Skype conversation). My wife initially liked a lot of her Pinterest material, so she reached out to Silvia to get information on her services. Things went quickly from there. She's a former attorney, so she was well organized and meticulous about details. She speaks both Italian and English very well. She helped us to pick a great venue where most of our guests could stay in the villa where we got married. The vendors she selected were simply incredible. The flowers were perfect and exactly as we wanted. The food...OMG THE FOOD...as good as the rest of the food was in Italy, it was really hard to beat the wedding food. INCREDIBLE. We spent 3 weeks in Italy, and we were still raving about our wedding food at the end of it. The pizza truck guy she hired for the day after brunch...I don't think we had better pizza anywhere else in Italy. I still dream of that pizza. Our rehearsal...just an incredible experience at a wonderful winery next to one of the most charming small towns in Italy. I know that you have to take what strangers on the internet say with more than a grain of salt, but in this instance...Silvia deserves all the credit in the world. You won't find someone anywhere near the price that will give you even close to as magnificent an experience as we had with Silvia. If I had any criticism at all, the only thing I'd say is that we should have given our photographers a bit more direction on exactly what sort of wedding photos we wanted. They free-styled quite a bit, and while they were very fun and talented, I think we would have asked for specific photos with certain family members and groups that we didn't ultimately get. That was on us more than her in that we didn't tell her about that in advance. Just something to keep in mind. Otherwise, as stated previously, we had the time of our lives and Silvia was a huge part of the reason. We'd give her a 10 out of 10 every day. She deserves it.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Our Italian Fairytale's reply:

Dear Anthony, I can't thank you enough for your wonderful words. I am so happy and honored you had a wonderful time for your wedding celebrations and you were satisfied with the services and vendors we provide you with. This is absolutely rewarding and motivating. GRAZIE! I really enjoyed planning and coordinating your wedding as well as meeting your families. Everyone has been lovely to work with! Thank you so much for the heads-up regarding the pictures. I will definitely keep it in mind.
    I really hope we can meet again soon.
    I wish you all the best!
    Grazie, Silvia

Stefanie · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly an Italian "Fairytale"

Silvia was a dream to work with! We were unsure if we could pull off a destination wedding in Italy, but after our first communication with Silvia we knew she was the perfect wedding planner to make our dream wedding a reality. She was so responsive and professional every step of the way. It was beyond valuable to have someone based locally but able to communicate with the Italian vendors, negotiate our contracts, and bring our vision to life. She gave creative input and made recommendations based on Italian traditions while understanding exactly what we wanted for our special day. I trusted her completely throughout the entire process and she could not have made us happier or more confident that our wedding would be seamless. We can't recommend or praise Silvia enough, and we are so grateful for the Our Italian Fairytale team!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Our Italian Fairytale's reply:

Dear Stefanie, it has been my pleasure to have the opportunity to contribute to your Italian Fairytale. From the first time we met in NY, I knew you were an amazing couple and that your wedding would have been simply magical. Thank you for your blind trust, your sweet words and for giving us the chance to plan your fabulous wedding. I wish you and Richard all the best life has to offer. I can't wait to meet you again.
    Ciao, Silvia

Julia · Married on 06/30/2017

We wish there were 10 Stars!!! Our wedding in Positano has been a dream thanks to Silvia a her fantastic team!!! My family is originally from Italy, I speak Italian too, but my biggest concern was being able to plan everything from the US, since we didn't have time to fly to Italy before our wedding. We didn't want just someone who suggested us a venue, but it was important to find someone who took care of the whole planning, someone to rely on, to regularly meat and with experience in planning weddings in Italy. Claire, a friend of mine, recommended Silvia La Perla saying she is the best person to plan destination weddings in Italy. She was absolutely right!!!! We've spent a day in a bridal salon in Chicago and we had the chance to know each other deeper. Since then, I put all of my trust in her and I knew I was making the best choice. She did a fantastic job! Since the very beginning we had the feeling she knew exactly what to do and how to move. We both loved her willingness and hear sweet but professional approach, also during our wedding day. Having Silvia there in Positano made me feel very relaxed, since I knew her and I completely trusted her. Thank you so much for everything you have done and for your kindness.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Hi Julia,
    we all loved your wedding too and I personally enjoyed working with both of you. You are right, we had the chance to get to know each other better and this has been extremely important for me too. When you know someone deeply, giving shape to their dreams becomes easier and almost automatic.
    I am so happy you had the wedding you have always been dreaming of and that my presence and coordination helped you enjoy your Big Day!!!
    I really appreciate your generous words.
    Have a sweet and happy life together!
    Grazie, Silvia La Perla

Connie · Married on 08/20/2016

I feel so fortunate, actually so blessed to have had the pleasure of working with Silvia La Perla of Our Italian Fairytale. After attending a wedding in Italy I knew this is what I wanted my daughter to experience for her big day but I was not sure how I could coordinate everything and there was a bit of a language barrier with the other wedding planners I found. Luckily, Silvia is from Italy but lives here in the states. She knows the language and the traditions over there in Italy so every single detail was handled with ease. There were contracts and other things I was just not prepared for, but she took care of it all.

She is polite, sweet, patient, caring and we could tell that she genuinely loves helping people have the most beautiful wedding possible. Aside from that, her taste and style made the reception unforgettable!

I would highly suggest meeting with her if you are planning a destination wedding in Italy, she's definitely top-knotch. We started with Skype. We were pleasantly surprised by her prices and the amount of time she took to create a masterpiece of a wedding and reception for us. She shared a lot about the local traditions and then planned some activities for our wedding party. We visited the Amalfi Coast and went to Capri. Silvia arranged it all. She told us about a very nice club that is inside of a cave in Positano. This is something we as Americans would not have found out about on our own.

Our family has truly been touched by an angel because of having this experience, the wedding of a lifetime!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Ciao Connie,
    your daughter's wedding has been magical. She is really like a Princess and they deserved the most beutiful wedding they could imagine. It has been a pleasure giving shape to their dreams. Our Italian Fairytale and I thank you so much for your sweet words. I personally hope we will have the chance to meet again, maybe in Positano :-) Grazie mille e ciao, Silvia La Perla

Marcela · Married on 07/27/2016

I could not think anyone else to share my process with. Silvia is more than welcoming and attentive to what I wanted. She listened very carefully and guided me to what I wanted and needed. She even suggested new things and ideas that I didn't knew I was able to do. I'm very happy and full of gratitude that I ended up choosing Our Italian Fairytale.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Ciao Marcela,

it has been such a pleasure reading your words.
    We are glad we have been able to make your Italian dream come true, together with making your wedding planning easier and fun. Your satisfaction and happiness is our priority.
    Thank you so much to put your trust in Our Italian Fairytale and especially in me, and to gave us the opportunity to be by your side throughout the most important time of your life. It has been a pleasure for me meeting such a lovely couple and working with and for you.
    I wish you all the best.
    Ciao,