Our Daily Bread Bakery Reviews

1 User photo

Our Daily Bread Bakery 1
  • Camille

Camille · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding cake!

Our Daily Bread created a delicious and intricately designed cake for our wedding. Jen was fantastic to work with - she had wonderful suggestions, answered all of our questions, and we had a very pleasant cake tasting experience with her. The prices are very reasonable and there are many flavors to choose from. The wedding cake was moist, flavorful, and decorated exactly as we requested it. We would absolutely recommend their services.

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Our Daily Bread Bakery 2

Tracy Watson · Married on 05/25/2019

Thank you!

Jen at Our Daily Bread helped us select the best cake for our wedding day. She was very helpful and responsive to all the silly questions I could send her way. Most importantly, the cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. I would recommend!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

Delicious cake!!

I wanted a very simple, elegant cake that tasted GREAT, and ODB delivered! Our cake was everything that I wanted, and it tasted phenomenal. It was fresh and moist, and the french buttercream icing was perfect -- not too sweet! Yellow cake with chocolate buttercream, a classic combination, has always been my favorite and ODB delivered a great one on my Wedding day. The cake arrived on-time, albeit in sad condition from the bumpy ride to the venue, but that was no problem, as the delivery person knew exactly how to fix the decoration so that the cake looked perfect by the time for the reception!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

Our Daily Bread provided a wonderful experience for our wedding cake. The flavors and fillings were rich and delicious, and the cake design was just what we were looking for. The entire staff was very helpful and responsive via email, and the price of their wedding cakes was unmatched. We are excited to take advantage of the complimentary 4" anniversary cake on our first anniversary - what a great concept! We didn't have to worry about saving any cake!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Shai · Married on 10/17/2015

They were so great about working with us on our vision for our cake and they were great to work with, arrived on time, super professional and tasty!!

Sent on 11/27/2015

Our Daily Bread Bakery's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! We hope you have a wonderful and beautiful marriage!

Kelly · Married on 07/04/2015

The wedding cake was, for whatever reason, the last item on our list for the wedding. We contacted Our Daily Bread very shortly before the wedding and they were able to accommodate our needs. We wanted a very simple and small cake, and we were able to easily choose the size, type, and flavors at a reasonable cost. The cake was delicious -- it exceeded my expectations and looked great in pictures.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Our Daily Bread Bakery's reply:

Thanks Kelly!

Neil · Married on 05/23/2015

My (now) wife and I had a wonderful experience with Our Daily Bread Bakery. We ordered a slightly odd Dr. Who themed wedding cake and when it arrived, it looked amazing! They were incredibly friendly and flexible enough to deal with our last-minute changes without batting an eye. Also, the cake was delicious! I've never seen a wedding cake devoured so quickly. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Erin J · Married on 02/15/2015

I had a very pleasant experience with "Our Daily Bread"... I wanted a simple wedding cake for my very small elopement wedding. The people that I worked with were simply amazing, and the quality of the cake was just amazing. It was affordable, ready on time, and exactly what I wanted. I think they did a beautiful job with the decorations, and I was so happy with the way everything turned out! I would highly recommend this vendor. God Bless, Erin and Aaron Canterbury

Sent on 02/19/2015

Laura and Aurore were both excellent to work with. They were very helpful in their suggestions and accommodating to our special requests. The end result was almost too beautiful to eat.... but we did anyway and it was delicious. Our guests were raving about how good the wedding cake was. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

We ordered 3 cakes for our wedding - 2 sheet cakes and a small 8" round to be decorated. We had 2 different flavors because the cakes were so delicious we couldn't decide on just one flavor. ODBB was very helpful in recommending cake sizing and decorations. They were very responsive to emails and questions, and the cakes were amazing. We had so many guests commenting on how delicious the cakes were, even weeks after the wedding!

ODBB also provided the catering for our reception. Again, the food was great, and the staff were incredibly helpful. The guests were pleased, and so were we. We even had some remarks that this was the best reception food our guests had tasted at a wedding. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Alison · Married on 07/07/2012

One word...delicious!

If you're ever in Blacksburg, check out the amazing bakery items at Our Daily Bread. Their stuff is made fresh daily and tastes just as great as it looks.

The couple that own this bakery are from France and have brought their petit fours and other creations to southwest Virginia.

On the weekends, there is always so much going on. If you visit ODB for lunch, expect to hear live music and be surrounded by friendly people.

Jeannine worked with us to help make sure that my cake was perfect. She was in contact with us the whole time...and really put her heart into making sure that we were happy. And we definitely were...the cake was AMAZING and we got a lot of compliments on it...it was both delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Allison · Married on 05/26/2012

Very professional. Clare was so great to work with and made things so much easier. Great food. Couldn't ask for more. There food and cake were amazing. Their macarroons and craque en bouche were my favorite!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2010

Our wedding cake was everything we wanted it to be: beautiful and delicious! They are incredibly professional and willing to work with couples to meet their expectations and to achieve their vision for their cake. We got tons of compliments!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Kendra · Married on 08/15/2010

The best wedding cake I've ever had. It tasted so good, looked fantastic, and the people at the bakery were very nice to deal with. I can't wait for another reason to get a cake from there.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Janna · Married on 05/03/2008

The cake designer knew exactly how to put what I wanted into a cake. She was amazingly attentive to my likes and dislikes, and she was very quick and to the point. Our cake was delightful, we had 3 layers with different flavors, beautiful flower petal icing, and it was beautifully decorated with flowers. It was a perfect experience, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Carrie · Married on 06/16/2007

They were great! Our cake was exactely what we'd designed with the help of an employee. She even had us bring in a paint/color sample to match the icing color to what we had in mind. The cake was amazing (we had a square, white layer cake with a raspberry swirl, cream cheese filling, and buttercream frosting) they gave us samples to make sure it was what we wanted, and everyone loved it. It was different while still being appropriate. The bakery even delivered our cake and set it up at the reception hall. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 04/25/2008
  • F

Fitzalan · Married on 05/26/2007

My cake was perfect!!! This was one aspect of the wedding planning that was honestly a breeze. We went in once to taste the cakes (yum!) and talked with the owner for a little while. We told her that we wanted to design our own cake and make it a little different. She gave great guidance and was so easy to work with. We mailed her paint samples because we live 4 hours away and when the cake was delivered, it was EXACTLY how we designed and tasted AMAZING.

I could not imagine getting a cake from any where else but Our Daily Bread. The service was perfect, the look was stunning and the taste was devine.

Sent on 11/05/2007

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2007

Our Wedding Cake was beautiful and exactly what we asked for. The staff at ODB is amazing and they went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect cake. All of our quests commented on how good the cake was and that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. I would HIGHLY recommend this bakery. The delivery and set up was exceptional. They are amazing people in Blacksburg!!!

Sent on 07/09/2007

Colleen · Married on 08/16/2014

We used Our Daily Bread for our wedding and they were wonderful! Laura was so easy to work with, the cake and cup cakes were not only pretty, but delicious. Love ODB!

Sent on 09/17/2015

ODBB did our wedding and grooms cake. They were very professional and helpful. Our cake tasting went smoothly and our cakes the day of were delicious. They have also done birthday party and retirement party cakes for my family. I would highly suggest using ODBB to any one wanting a great tasting cake, without any worry from the vendor.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Kristyn · Married on 06/26/2010

The staff was helpful and patient during our debate of cake flavors and design. We combined two cake designs to create our dream wedding cake and it looked fantastic, but tasted even better! Our Daily Bread also made our favors: cake-shaped sugar cookies with a personalized icing design. We just celebrated our 1 year with our complimentary anniversary cake from them. ODB is easy to work with, professional and they create some beautiful and delicious sweets!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Autumn · Married on 06/02/2007

Our Daily Bread created our wedding cake. They were very helpful in design and flavors. They created a 3 tier cake with each tier being a different flavor, which was amazing. The list of flavors to choose from was extensive. Also, they work with local florists to decorate with flowers, monograms, or anything else you want.

Sent on 10/25/2007

My cake was beautiful and they delivered it promptly. It was also ridiculously delicious. A little pricey, but it was perfect...so can I really complain?

Sent on 06/19/2015

Elena · Married on 05/27/2006

3.5

Beautiful Wedding Cake! I think I have the most beautiful wedding cake in the history of weddings. No joke! (can you tell I was superbly happy with my cake?) On top of it all, the cake tasted great. Everyone loved it. Everyone who's seen the cake or the photo of the cake is impressed by it. If you are having a wedding in the Blacksburg area do not go anywhere else for your cake. And definitely work with Karen to help her visualize exactly what you want and what is your style. Don't leave anything to chance, if you don't express effectively what you are looking for, no one can read your mind. I did a lot of research online, looked at a million photos of wedding cakes and emailed Karen photos of my favorite cakes and their piping patterns. If I could've dreamed the perfect cake, my wedding cake would be it. I only wished that my photographer took more photos of the wedding cake. P.S. We had a 4 layer cake, cake size 12" 10" 8" 6", with top layer being the anniversary cake. Our florist, Best Wishes, provided pink roses to go in between the layers. Karen at Our Daily Bread did an amazing job, and we love her for putting the icing on our perfect day =)

Sent on 01/25/2007

The cake tasted amazing. They worked with me throughout the entire process from cake tasting all the way to the final product.

Sent on 07/26/2014