Our Daily Bread Bakery Reviews

32 Reviews for Our Daily Bread Bakery

• Laura

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

Delicious cake!!

I wanted a very simple, elegant cake that tasted GREAT, and ODB delivered! Our cake was everything that I wanted, and it tasted phenomenal. It was fresh and moist, and the french buttercream icing was perfect -- not too sweet! Yellow cake with chocolate buttercream, a classic combination, has always been my favorite and ODB delivered a great one on my Wedding day. The cake arrived on-time, albeit in sad condition from the bumpy ride to the venue, but that was no problem, as the delivery person knew exactly how to fix the decoration so that the cake looked perfect by the time for the reception!

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

Our Daily Bread provided a wonderful experience for our wedding cake. The flavors and fillings were rich and delicious, and the cake design was just what we were looking for. The entire staff was very helpful and responsive via email, and the price of their wedding cakes was unmatched. We are excited to take advantage of the complimentary 4" anniversary cake on our first anniversary - what a great concept! We didn't have to worry about saving any cake!

Shai · Married on 10/17/2015

They were so great about working with us on our vision for our cake and they were great to work with, arrived on time, super professional and tasty!!

Sent on 11/27/2015

Our Daily Bread Bakery's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! We hope you have a wonderful and beautiful marriage!

Kelly · Married on 07/04/2015

The wedding cake was, for whatever reason, the last item on our list for the wedding. We contacted Our Daily Bread very shortly before the wedding and they were able to accommodate our needs. We wanted a very simple and small cake, and we were able to easily choose the size, type, and flavors at a reasonable cost. The cake was delicious -- it exceeded my expectations and looked great in pictures.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Our Daily Bread Bakery's reply:

Thanks Kelly!

Neil · Married on 05/23/2015

My (now) wife and I had a wonderful experience with Our Daily Bread Bakery. We ordered a slightly odd Dr. Who themed wedding cake and when it arrived, it looked amazing! They were incredibly friendly and flexible enough to deal with our last-minute changes without batting an eye. Also, the cake was delicious! I've never seen a wedding cake devoured so quickly. I cannot recommend them enough!

Erin J · Married on 02/15/2015

I had a very pleasant experience with "Our Daily Bread"... I wanted a simple wedding cake for my very small elopement wedding. The people that I worked with were simply amazing, and the quality of the cake was just amazing. It was affordable, ready on time, and exactly what I wanted. I think they did a beautiful job with the decorations, and I was so happy with the way everything turned out! I would highly recommend this vendor. God Bless, Erin and Aaron Canterbury

Laura and Aurore were both excellent to work with. They were very helpful in their suggestions and accommodating to our special requests. The end result was almost too beautiful to eat.... but we did anyway and it was delicious. Our guests were raving about how good the wedding cake was. I would highly recommend them.

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

We ordered 3 cakes for our wedding - 2 sheet cakes and a small 8" round to be decorated. We had 2 different flavors because the cakes were so delicious we couldn't decide on just one flavor. ODBB was very helpful in recommending cake sizing and decorations. They were very responsive to emails and questions, and the cakes were amazing. We had so many guests commenting on how delicious the cakes were, even weeks after the wedding!

ODBB also provided the catering for our reception. Again, the food was great, and the staff were incredibly helpful. The guests were pleased, and so were we. We even had some remarks that this was the best reception food our guests had tasted at a wedding. I would highly recommend!

Alison · Married on 07/07/2012

One word...delicious!

If you're ever in Blacksburg, check out the amazing bakery items at Our Daily Bread. Their stuff is made fresh daily and tastes just as great as it looks.

The couple that own this bakery are from France and have brought their petit fours and other creations to southwest Virginia.

On the weekends, there is always so much going on. If you visit ODB for lunch, expect to hear live music and be surrounded by friendly people.

Jeannine worked with us to help make sure that my cake was perfect. She was in contact with us the whole time...and really put her heart into making sure that we were happy. And we definitely were...the cake was AMAZING and we got a lot of compliments on it...it was both delicious and beautiful.

Allison · Married on 05/26/2012

Very professional. Clare was so great to work with and made things so much easier. Great food. Couldn't ask for more. There food and cake were amazing. Their macarroons and craque en bouche were my favorite!

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2010

Our wedding cake was everything we wanted it to be: beautiful and delicious! They are incredibly professional and willing to work with couples to meet their expectations and to achieve their vision for their cake. We got tons of compliments!

Kendra · Married on 08/15/2010

The best wedding cake I've ever had. It tasted so good, looked fantastic, and the people at the bakery were very nice to deal with. I can't wait for another reason to get a cake from there.

Janna · Married on 05/03/2008

The cake designer knew exactly how to put what I wanted into a cake. She was amazingly attentive to my likes and dislikes, and she was very quick and to the point. Our cake was delightful, we had 3 layers with different flavors, beautiful flower petal icing, and it was beautifully decorated with flowers. It was a perfect experience, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Carrie · Married on 06/16/2007

They were great! Our cake was exactely what we'd designed with the help of an employee. She even had us bring in a paint/color sample to match the icing color to what we had in mind. The cake was amazing (we had a square, white layer cake with a raspberry swirl, cream cheese filling, and buttercream frosting) they gave us samples to make sure it was what we wanted, and everyone loved it. It was different while still being appropriate. The bakery even delivered our cake and set it up at the reception hall. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

• F

Fitzalan · Married on 05/26/2007

My cake was perfect!!! This was one aspect of the wedding planning that was honestly a breeze. We went in once to taste the cakes (yum!) and talked with the owner for a little while. We told her that we wanted to design our own cake and make it a little different. She gave great guidance and was so easy to work with. We mailed her paint samples because we live 4 hours away and when the cake was delivered, it was EXACTLY how we designed and tasted AMAZING.

I could not imagine getting a cake from any where else but Our Daily Bread. The service was perfect, the look was stunning and the taste was devine.

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2007

Our Wedding Cake was beautiful and exactly what we asked for. The staff at ODB is amazing and they went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect cake. All of our quests commented on how good the cake was and that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. I would HIGHLY recommend this bakery. The delivery and set up was exceptional. They are amazing people in Blacksburg!!!

Colleen · Married on 08/16/2014

We used Our Daily Bread for our wedding and they were wonderful! Laura was so easy to work with, the cake and cup cakes were not only pretty, but delicious. Love ODB!

ODBB did our wedding and grooms cake. They were very professional and helpful. Our cake tasting went smoothly and our cakes the day of were delicious. They have also done birthday party and retirement party cakes for my family. I would highly suggest using ODBB to any one wanting a great tasting cake, without any worry from the vendor.

Kristyn · Married on 06/26/2010

The staff was helpful and patient during our debate of cake flavors and design. We combined two cake designs to create our dream wedding cake and it looked fantastic, but tasted even better! Our Daily Bread also made our favors: cake-shaped sugar cookies with a personalized icing design. We just celebrated our 1 year with our complimentary anniversary cake from them. ODB is easy to work with, professional and they create some beautiful and delicious sweets!

Autumn · Married on 06/02/2007

Our Daily Bread created our wedding cake. They were very helpful in design and flavors. They created a 3 tier cake with each tier being a different flavor, which was amazing. The list of flavors to choose from was extensive. Also, they work with local florists to decorate with flowers, monograms, or anything else you want.

My cake was beautiful and they delivered it promptly. It was also ridiculously delicious. A little pricey, but it was perfect...so can I really complain?

Elena · Married on 05/27/2006

3.5

Beautiful Wedding Cake! I think I have the most beautiful wedding cake in the history of weddings. No joke! (can you tell I was superbly happy with my cake?) On top of it all, the cake tasted great. Everyone loved it. Everyone who's seen the cake or the photo of the cake is impressed by it. If you are having a wedding in the Blacksburg area do not go anywhere else for your cake. And definitely work with Karen to help her visualize exactly what you want and what is your style. Don't leave anything to chance, if you don't express effectively what you are looking for, no one can read your mind. I did a lot of research online, looked at a million photos of wedding cakes and emailed Karen photos of my favorite cakes and their piping patterns. If I could've dreamed the perfect cake, my wedding cake would be it. I only wished that my photographer took more photos of the wedding cake. P.S. We had a 4 layer cake, cake size 12" 10" 8" 6", with top layer being the anniversary cake. Our florist, Best Wishes, provided pink roses to go in between the layers. Karen at Our Daily Bread did an amazing job, and we love her for putting the icing on our perfect day =)

The cake tasted amazing. They worked with me throughout the entire process from cake tasting all the way to the final product.

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2009

3.0

The cake was amazing and beautiful! However the whole back of all 4 layers fell off before the ceremony even started :( I think maybe the temperature difference caused this... they were very apalogetic however.

lindsay · Married on 01/09/2009

4.2

The people at Our Daily Bread were wonderful- we had lots of questions and they had plenty of answers! They were very accommodating of all our requests (we wanted color on our cakes- they had us bring in swatches to match, we didn't originally have a cake topper- we changed our minds and they took care of it!) They made sure to get us what we wanted for a great price and the cake was absolutely beautiful! (and it didn't lean like the cakes a lot of our friends have had from other vendors) If you're looking in the area I highly recommend. We had a wedding with 130 guests and we have our anniversary cake as well- cost was around 350.