Ostertag Vistas Reviews

68 | Myersville, MD

68 Reviews for Ostertag Vistas

Katie · Married on 06/23/2012

This was the most perfect venue ever to have my wedding. The day was completely perfect. The staff at Ostertag Vistas was great, especially Donna Easterday. She was pleasant to work with, encouraging, positive, and always responded to emails/phone calls in a timely manor. The venue grounds are beautiful, and I could not have had it any other way!! I heard numerous reviews from my guests saying it was the most perfect wedding, and how much they loved Ostertag!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

My experience with Ostertag was nothing but pleasant. First off, the area is absolutely beautiful!!! When first visiting the property, we met with Mr. Easterday, who was very professional, kind, and clearly loved his property and was eager to share it with us.

As the wedding day approached, I was mostly in contact with Donna, who was our coordinator. She was responsive and helpful with any questions I had. She let me know to make note of anything in particular I wanted and to bring it up at the 30-day-prior meeting, which I did. Donna was very kind, and helpful, especially the month leading up to the wedding. She was also able to offer suggestions when I was unsure of something regarding the set-up. As a side note, the Easterdays are upfront with you about their rules (and every venue is going to have rules) and about the no A/C in the barn (we knew about this before signing the contract of course, and even though our wedding was in the beginning of June it seems to be a bit cooler in that area of Maryland, which definitely helped), and I never had any problems with rules changing like a previous reviewer stated. The Easterdays were always flexible and accommodating during the planning process.

I got so many comments from guests about how beautiful the venue was and what a wonderful time they had! I never once had a complaint with the way the ceremony or reception was handled by the venue...things went very smoothly and everyone was very polite and helpful. Thank you so much for making Matt & I's day absolutely wonderful, we could not have found a more lovely and memorable place to have our wedding!!! :)

Sent on 07/02/2012

Joe · Married on 05/20/2012

Donna and family ere very accomodating and professional in every aspect of the planning of our wedding. the fact that they are personable and willing to help in any way possible made the planning of our special day that much easier. I fully recommend that if you are seeking a secluded elegant, historical place to hold your wedding ceremony.... I would highly suggest you check out Ostertag Vistas. By far the best place to have your special event.

Thank you Donna and family for a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 06/09/2012

Ryan · Married on 05/19/2012

When we visited Ostertag Vistas for a tour we knew that it was the venue for us. The property and the barn provide a magical atmosphere that we couldn't find anywhere else. Donna and the other staff we're very professional and diligent in making our day unfold just the way we had imagined. As a bonus, they offer a horse and carriage option which we highly recommend. You will not be disappointed with Ostertag Vistas!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Terri · Married on 05/12/2012

I had the wedding of my dreams at Ostertag Vistas. The staff was very friendly and available pre-wedding when I had questions or concerns. One of the reasons I chose this venue is that I was able to shop around for vendors which helped me stick to my budget!! Thank you so much to the venue and staff for helping to make my day unforgettable!!

Sent on 06/02/2014

G · Married on 08/06/2011

We found Ostertag Vistas to be very reasonable in comparison to other venues plus they provided all tables, chairs, the set up and removal, a parking attendant and consulting support! Our experience was absolutely amazing and they helped us throughout the planning process all the way through the rehearal and finally the event. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting and wonderful people to work with.... It was just perfect and we can't wait to return for Museums by Candlelight in December.

Sent on 08/15/2011

G · Married on 08/07/2010

My husband and I were married at Ostertag Vistas and it was absolutely perfect! The staff handled every detail for us and were wonderful to work with. We had a chic/rustic wedding starting with the ceremony next to the willow tree, then to the patio for a bar and refreshments and then to the reception in the barn. We loved every minute of it and our guests said it was the most breathtaking property for a wedding. They loved it so much that my sister will be married there next year!

Sent on 12/31/2010

I looked at a lot of outdoors venues during my wedding planning/search. What I found attractive about Ostertag Vista was the barn and outdoor landscape. My future and I quickly settled on Ostertag and couldn’t have been happier with our wedding and experience. The staff were extremely helpful prior to our wedding and very efficient on the day of the event. What we liked most about this venue is that we can bring whatever vendors we want - they don’t require you to use their caterer or D.J. Although this meant we had to coordinate with our vendors, it was more cost effective in the end. They also offered the most time for our event than any of the other venues we met with. Some of the venues informed us that they have two weddings per day and we would only have part of the day. All in all, the weather was great for the time of year. My guests were very happy with my venue selection and the accommodating nature of the venue staff – my future was busy with his buddies most of the time before the wedding and my mother was really nervous. Kudos to the staff for reducing our stress. I’ve recently found out that two of my guests are planning to get married there as well. In summary, I would definitely recommend Ostertag Vista have no regrets with our decision.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Stacey · Married on 09/03/2011

Absolutely breath-taking, perfect place for a wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Claire · Married on 06/21/2019

Truly wonderful

Ostertag vistas was reccomend to us by a couple that had previously gotten married there, when we went to visit we knew we didnt want to see any where else, it is truly breathtakingly picturesque from the historic barn to the cottages to fern woods we loved it all. The day of our wedding june 21st went so well, everything fell into place. Jennifer was our coordinator an she did an absolutely amazing job she was very professional and kept everything flowing so flawlessly. Family and friends commented on how perfect the venue was and how beautiful, everything about the venue, the music and the food described my husband and I to a T. We couldnt thank Donna enough for all her help an we would most definitely reccomend Ostertag vistas to anyone looking to get married. Beautiful venue.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/06/2015

This is a beautiful venue!! It was the only place that my husband and I looked at in person. The day of our wedding, the coordinator, Colleen, was absolutely amazing! They even included something off their inventory that had been taken away so that it would match our favors!! It was a wonderful day and I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Katy · Married on 10/11/2014

I fell in love with Ostertag when I attended a wedding there years ago and knew that was going to be where I got married! The land is incredible, the barn is beautiful in the evenings all lit up. There is an available groom's and bridal suite as well as many options to get married outside. They were super flexible with the weather-it had been raining that week a little and that morning so we were able to have the ceremony on the patio. Reasonable price as well for what you're getting with the venue. They only have one wedding per day so that's reassuring to know they aren't worried about anyone else. Donna was always great with responding to emails, always professional, called when I needed her to, and really cared about the land and the history behind the venue. She was also there during the ceremony and most of the reception to guide the guests and vendors around, as well as made sure the ceremony went as planned.

Problems-not many just a few minor things.
    I guess I was just always under the impression venues would help with at least some of the set up. I think they set our linens but that was about it.
    When you book a day, you're only limited to a few hours. They only opened the barn up to us at 1:00 p.m. when the wedding was at 4:00. We had tons to set up and my bridal party was running around and doing the set up because we were so limited on time that day. I almost wish we had the ability to get in earlier, say 9:00 to set up first and then take advantage of the nice bridal suite they had. We were so rushed at that point it looked like a tornado went off in there! You also can't leave anything there that night after the wedding to pick up in the am-which was fine but we had to be out by 10:30 and it took us a little while to get all our stuff! All in all we loved it and I can't wait to see how our pics turned out!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Colleen · Married on 09/15/2013

The venue itself was beautiful and affordable! Luckily we had a perfect day for a wedding (ie clear skies no rain)..I would recommend opting for the horse drawn carriage..even though it was pricey..it was well worth it..i def felt like a princess on my day..the staff was nice however it was a little chaotic on the day of the wedding..I felt like I was rushed to be on a time limit during pictures and would have wanted more pictures of my husband and I..also I was very annoyed that we had to change our rehearsal from the night before the wedding to the night before because they booked another event/bride the day of our rehearsal and so we had to change everyone's schedules to the friday rehearsal instead of a saturday night rehearsal..at the rehearsal we didnt go over any music because even though we brought it they never let us practice it and on the wedding day my processional didn't go the way I wanted..To future brides I would recommend doing catering through Zesty Gourmet..they were amazing and sooo friendly! Also if you need a dj book Shawn Johns from Spinning the Tunes..He is very efficient and will play the type of music you want and is probably the best dj around and he's also affordable! Ostertag doesn't provide caterer or dj or bartender so it can get rather pricey having to pay for those things..overall however, my wedding was perfect, the venue was amazing, and the staff was friendly and accomodating

Sent on 09/28/2013
  • Noelle

Noelle · Married on 10/01/2017

We had such a great day at Ostertag! I was planning remotely and Donna went above and beyond to help me out during the planning sessions. The venue is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see my photos!

Sent on 10/09/2017
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/17/2017

It was beautiful! guests really enjoyed the view and barn. All set up was done perfectly and the place was beautiful.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Allyson · Married on 05/27/2016

As other reviewers have stated, this venue is absolutely gorgeous! As soon as I toured the site I knew it would be perfect for my wedding. I got married at the end of May on what turned out to be a scorching hot day, and even though the main area of the barn doesn't have air conditioning, having the big barn doors open created a nice cross breeze and we soon forgot about the heat.
    Our ceremony took place at the fernwood location which I would also highly recommend. We got some of the most beautiful pictures there! Ostertag was also very accommodating because we wanted our chairs set up a little differently than the norm. It was also very nice that we had two back-up plans in case of rain- and they were all gorgeous. We even had a question for the landscaper about the grooming of our ceremony site, and we were able to speak to him directly about it. He was super helpful and extremely friendly, and he put us at ease about our concerns.
    It is true that there are a lot of rules (no candles, no sparklers, etc.), but they are laid out for you before you book so you can know if any of the rules will be deal breakers for you.
    The one problem I had was that my ceremony began about 15 minutes late because of a problem with the people mover (the venue provides a golf cart to transport people to the ceremony). The wedding party and I were on time, but Ostertag caused the delay. They did apologize, but it caused my cocktail hour to be shortened so that the reception could be on time. I assume this isn't the norm though.
    Overall, I would absolutely recommend this venue, especially if you're looking to have your ceremony outdoors because the farm is beautiful. All of the staff we came in contact with were a pleasure to work with, and Donna was always quick to respond when we had questions for her. This venue provides so many options for how you want things to be set up both with your ceremony and reception, and we (plus our guests!) had a night we will never forget.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Jocelyn · Married on 09/15/2017

3.0

Ostertag Vistas was a gorgeous venue and all of the staff were very nice. The day of our wedding everyone was helpful and the day went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/23/2016

The Venue is beautiful with many options for a ceremony. All of the paperwork was very informative so that you knew exactly what you were getting as well as what else you could add on for an additional cost. The value for what you are getting is pretty much unmatched and made mine and my husbands day, absolutely everything that we had hoped for. If you are looking for a rustic venue with gorgeous outdoor options, please look into Ostertag.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Heather · Married on 04/30/2016

We snagged a late April Saturday & it really is the best time to book if you want the weekend exclusively to yourself - weather is a gamble but there's usually no Friday or Sunday events during that time so we were able to rehearse and set up the day before. Beautiful grounds and rustic cottages for amazing photos even in the rain!

We are so thankful for Donna's help and professionalism through the entire planning process and day-of. We hired her as our planner and our wedding would not have been possible without her. She's seen just about every type of event at this venue, knows the flow and makes sure everything goes smoothly and has a backup plan.

Just like any venue you pick there are going to be rules and extras - You have to gather all your decor at the end of the night so it was worth it for us to pay a small fee for an additional hour. Ostertag is an original historic barn so sparklers are not an option but they have an outside fire pit for rent and electric fireplaces inside. Only around 120 guests can fit in the main barn but they can certainly accommodate more. Some of our guests ate downstairs in the stable then the crew moved tables upstairs, brought in extra chairs and created a great dance floor space for our 160 guests. Everyone was raving about the venue and the ceremony was beautiful!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Wouldn't of changed anything! Our day was perfect!!

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • U

Olivia · Married on 06/30/2007

3.0

Absolutely gorgeous setting, very helpful with timing, table arrangements, and most vendors. Did not care for their on-site wedding co-ordinator. Could have been better communication but that might have been my fault. All around a perfect selection. P.S. They only handle one wedding a day and have about 4-6 sites for indoor/outdoor ceremonies! WOnderful couple to work with.

Sent on 04/26/2008

Katie · Married on 10/25/2014

3.5

I almost booked another barn venue but I kept thinking of Ostertag and finally decided to go take a look. I'm so glad I did! With my parents and fiance (now husband!) at my side, we booked a date on the spot because we all knew we had found the perfect venue for us. Donna was a pleasure to work with, always available to answer questions and accommodate our crazy schedule as much as possible. We were well taken care of and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting for our big day. Terri was assigned to us as our day-of coordinator and was a life-saver! When my flowers wilted the morning of the wedding, my groom ran to a grocery store to get me some more and Terri worked quickly to put them together into beautiful bouquets. No one even knew they were from Weis Market! She also worked tirelessly to help arrange centerpieces, keep me on schedule, and make sure I looked my best before walking down the aisle. All in all, we had as near a perfect day as could be imagined. Our guests are still raving about Ostertag and we've been told by a dozen or more people that they've never seen a more beautiful, enchanting place to have a wedding.

Donna and family, thank you for sharing your home with us on our big day. You provided a truly magical setting for my dream day and I can't thank you enough for that!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2007

3.0

This place is absolutely beautiful!!! I wouldn't dream of having had my wedding anywhere else. The owners are very sweet people, but very possessive of their property and will keep a very obvious and scrutinizing watchful eye over your reception while it is going on

Sent on 06/24/2008

Tracey · Married on 09/03/2017

Ostertag is a beautiful venue! Everything turned out exactly as we'd imagined and ostertag helped make that happen. I was planning from across the country which has it's own set of challenges, but overall I was able to get everything I needed from ostertag and had a beautiful event at their beautiful farm!

Sent on 09/30/2017
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/28/2014

Ostertag Vistas is a truly beautiful venue with endless options for ceremony and photography locations. I booked the venue in March 2013 for my June 2014 event and worked mainly with Donna throughout this time period. Donna was always extremely responsive to my questions and concerns and is a very nice lady. For the 30 day meeting, Donna answered all our questions and concerns and was very patient with our decisions. On the wedding day, I had a wedding day coordinator that was not a part of Ostertag. She worked with Donna on the day of the wedding to carry everything out. Donna was helpful, attentive and friendly on the day of and everything was set up and ready as discussed prior to the event.

A few things to note: The venue says they provide sound equipment and keyboard for the ceremony. After much inquiry regarding this we ended up just paying our DJ extra to bring in professional sound equipment. We heard bad things about the quality of the equipment and we had a hard time obtaining information from the venue regarding it. We also rented our linens and a few other things from the venue. Although this worked out well I was a little bothered that the prices we were given when we booked in 2013 had gone up by the time we had our event in 2014. Although we were notified, I was disappointed that booking didn't lock in the advertised prices we had seen originally. Note that when you book, the in house rental prices may go up by the time you have your event. Lastly, although the venue does provide coordination don't expect it to be the same service you would receive if you hired a wedding coordinator. They are very responsive and helpful with things regarding the venue specifically but won't necessarily coordinate or help you with other vendors or problems. If you want full service day of coordination you should consider hiring someone separately.

Overall this is a beautiful place to have a wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2014