Ostertag Vistas Reviews

68 Reviews for Ostertag Vistas

• Misty

Misty · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing and memorable

Donna our coordinator was perfect! The venue perfect

Sent on 09/15/2019

Anne Corless · Married on 09/01/2019

Stunning Venue

Ostertag Vistas was a stunningly beautiful venue which had all our guests in awe. The outdoor ceremony with rolling hills in every direction framed every shot. Then we had cocktails and hors d’oeuvres on the large patio followed by a full meal and dancing in the barn. The barn had sparkling lights everywhere!!! It was so beautiful!

We also used Donna and Kim at Ostertag as wedding planners and and they were fantastic!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

Ostertag Vistas was the only venue my husband and I toured because as soon as we went on the tour, we just knew it was the one. It is an absolutely breathtaking venue and only hosts one event a day so you have the place all to yourself. The barn itself is so picturesque and beautifully decorated. The grounds are well kept and everyone who works at Ostertag are just wonderful.

Donna was our day of coordinator and she is an absolute rockstar. I had some last minute changes and lots of big requests and she helped me whenever and wherever needed. On the big day, she kept everyone on schedule and helped guests from the ceremony site, to happy hour, to dinner and then dancing. She was a pleasure to work with and our day would not have been as perfect as it was without her.

Our wedding was absolutely stunning. It was everything I had ever dreamed of. All of our guests loved the venue and kept saying how much fun they were having. Ostertag Vistas was simply stunning!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Janelle · Married on 11/11/2017

We had an amazing November wedding at Ostertag Vistas. We had visited several other venues prior to finding Ostertag. We were thrilled with the value, the views, and the barn atmosphere that Ostertag offered. And, important to us, we could choose our caterer. Donna was great to work with and was very flexible with and accommodating to our plans. We were able to choose our own ceremony site, to have a horse and carriage, and to have a live band in the barn! Ostertag, along with Donna, provided the perfect venue for the best day ever!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Ostertag Vistas's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure working with both of you and we are thrilled that you enjoyed such a great day! Your talents creating such amazing props and incorporating such wonderful creativity made your wedding so extra special! We hope to see you soon and please stop to say 'hi'!

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2017

I grew up down the road from ostertage for 13 years. I love the place and the fact that my dream came true of getting married there was a dream come true. I loved the idea of getting married in the back field. And being the first at that. It was worth it. Donnna easterday is the best person so work with and I loved it. The views, decor, and above all the place is and will always be beatiful.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Ostertag Vistas's reply:

Jessica, it was such an honor to be a part of such a special day for both you! It was absolutely gorgeous and wonderful to have both of you 'pioneer' what is such a beautiful setting for a ceremony. When your bridal party and then you proceeded from the stone house, I just cried thinking 'it can't get more beautiful...' Congratulations and I hope you and you family stop by to see us!

Louise · Married on 10/13/2017

As soon as I visited Ostertag Vistas for the first time, I fell in love. Our ceremony was in the woods - like a fairytale dream I've had since I was a kid - and the reception was in their gorgeous rustic barn. The reception area barely needed any decorating since it is already so beautiful! Donna was wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process as our wedding coordinator, and very accommodating to our wishes. Our wedding day went so smoothly, and she was a huge part of that. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Ostertag Vistas's reply:

Thank you Louise! It was an absolute honor to be a part of such an amazing day for both both you and your guests! The van, the perfect Fernwood ceremony....all of the elements that made your day so unique to both of you was amazing! Please stop by to visit with us soon!

Tiffany · Married on 08/19/2017

This place was amazing. We hired Donna as our coordinator and it couldn't have gone smoother. Everyone loved the decor and scenery, and she made sure that our needs were attended to and that we had a stress free day. I would absolutely get married here again, and would highly recommend Donna as the day of coordinator for those who do. After all the stress of planning it was so nice to just go and enjoy ourselves. Overall a perfect day/experience.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2017

Ostertag was great! They are very organized and very responsive. And most reasonably priced barn venue in the area. They were wonderful the day of as well. The barn is stunning and is already decorated, so extra decorations are barely needed. They have a beautiful indoor option for the ceremony, if it rains, which we ended up using. Their day-of coordinator (Kim) was absolutely wonderful and helped my personal coordinator out so much as well. I would definitely recommend them to everyone that I know and can't wait to hopefully visit them again for another wedding in the future!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Rachel · Married on 11/04/2016

I HIGHLY recommend Ostertag Vistas. We were married in November, and I am STILL reeling. Donna was incredible - she was very professional, and always responsive to my (many) inquiries. At the wedding, everyone had an incredible time, and the venue is absolutely stunning. The guests were all in praise of every location, from the ceremony on the patio with an amazing backdrop, to the stable for cocktail hour (which provided much-welcome warmth and a cozy setting), to the INCREDIBLE reception in the main barn. I would do it all over again if I could and would not change a thing! It was a perfect day, and I am so glad we chose Ostertag for our venue.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Lisa · Married on 10/22/2016

We were very happy with our daughter's wedding at Ostertag Vistas! Donna Easterday is a true professional and was so easy to work with. The venue was clean and beautiful and everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Christina · Married on 09/10/2016

I was just married here on 09/10/16 and it was a wonderful experience! My father, a very detailed man, was extremely satisfied with the coordination and thoughtfulness of the Ostertag team. Their recommendations for vendors were superb. We booked the horse carriage that they offer and the guests were amazed and the experience of riding down with my father was made more memorable. The barn is absolutely gorgeous at night with the lights glimmering. Donna and our coordinator Terri were amazing and made the entire evening run smoothly. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a romantic and rustic wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Sharon · Married on 06/18/2016

Ostertag Vistas was the perfect setting for my daughter's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. We looked at MANY venues before settling on Ostertag and I don't regret it for a minute. Donna was extremely helpful with the many questions I had throughout the many months of planning!! She always got right back to me and was very reassuring. She took so much stress off of me as the mother of the bride. I would highly recommend paying the little extra for the "Day of Coordinator" as it is worth every cent. I would highly recommend Ostertag Vistas for not only the beauty of the venue, but for the professional and accommodating staff.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Ostertag is simply wonderful. The venue itself is beautiful. The staff is very helpful and kept our wedding day flowing smoothly without any stress. They are very good and responding to calls and emails quickly. HIGHLY recommend this venue!! Its Pinterest perfect.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Terry · Married on 10/17/2015

Donna and Wanda could not have been more helpful from our first request for information on their venue, to the minute we said good night after the reception clean up. They are professional, yet you feel like you are working with a friend. They made wonderful suggestions, shared their expertise to guide us through the process and yet they were never pushy or overbearing. Leading up to the day of our event, they answered every email promptly and were anxious to accommodate our every wish. During our set up the day before our event, Donna was on the grounds, but left us alone to enjoy our decorating. She was doing some odd jobs herself and would pop in every so often to see if we needed anything. It made for a very relaxed atmosphere, yet we knew she would assist us if any problems would arrive- they didn't! On the day of our event, Donna was present again, and assisted with getting the guests from the patio and stable room downstairs where we had our cocktail hour, to the barn upstairs for the rest of the reception. The barn and surrounding grounds were immaculate, and every detail that we requested was carried out perfectly. The majority of the guests had never been to Ostertag Vista before and they couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful venue it was. The weather turned out to be clear but chilly, so Donna had the heat on when we arrived at 2pm (ceremony started at 4pm) and the fireplaces glowing. It made for a very cozy day and evening. I can't thank them enough for their hard work and gentle guidance that made my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception perfectly magical! I would highly recommend this venue to everyone that is looking for a rustic barn venue. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Alicia · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to get married at Ostertag Vistas. It is a beautiful location and has so many ceremony locations for you to choose from as well as plenty of space for all your guests. Donna and Wanda were helpful from the beginning, answering any questions I had because I booked the venue before I even saw it in person because I did not want to loose my date. Donna was always quick to respond to any emails I sent over the year that led up to our wedding. I also had help from Terri when I went to do my walk through the month before the wedding, she was very knowledgeable about how the day would flow and if I needed any help or suggestions to figure out how I wanted anything to be she had a few answers so that I could decide what would work best for what I wanted on our special day. Fonda was our day of coordinator, and she was also amazing! I hardly even knew she was there and then she would somehow magically appear if we needed something, it was like she just knew! We were unable to have the outdoor ceremony we had hoped for on the patio because it was rainy, cold and windy, but lucky for us Ostertag has a plan B in the beautiful stable which has pretty lighting and they were so nice to let me bring the outside in with all of my pumpkins, hay bales and cornstalks so that I could still have the decorations I wanted for the ceremony. We were also lucky enough that there was a pause in the rain after the ceremony and we were able to get gorgeous pictures around the property. The reception was also beautiful, the barn is decorated so nicely with all the twinkling lights. We loved getting married at Ostertag and had an absolutely amazing day!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Beautiful venue. Reasonably priced and lots of options for a ceremony and reception. They're always very helpful and attentive! Can't wait for our big day here!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Raven · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding was on 6/14/14, i worked with Donna to help plan the event. She was excellent and very patient with me. I had alot of different ideas i wanted to do and she definatly rose to the occasion. she worked very closely with me and very promply responded to all of my questions and emails. Our wedding was originally going to be by the creek in fern valley but because it rained for a week straight prior we had to change our ceremony location. When we showed up for the rehersal she met us and had a few alternative locations in mind and escorted us to each one and discussed the pros and cons of each one. She was professional and very willing to do whatever i wanted. During the wedding she was around and working hard, and she was always easy to find if i needed her and really helped keep everything running smoothly. the Venue was georgous and the weather was perfect. I could not have asked or imagined a more beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2014
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 06/07/2014

Last weekend, I had my wedding at Ostertag Vistas. I am so happy that I was lucky enough to find this gem in the backyard of Maryland. It is in a beautiful setting and I was so fortunate to be able to enjoy the landscape with great weather.

Donna, one of the owners set expectations right up front. The venue is not a coordinator and they require you to provide the caterer, DJ, etc. and make sure they are working together. She recommended using a caterer that has worked in the venue before and that is what we did. Everything went smoothly. Fonda was our coordinator and she was absolutely wonderful. The ceremony ended up starting late because of traffic issues and she was very accomodating. It turned out to be a bit buggy by the pond and last minute she put citronella torches up at the ceremony site.

My guests are still talking about how beautiful the grounds and barn is. Although the drive was a little long from Baltimore, when you arrive it feels like you stepped into another world and instantly you are relaxed. Thank you Donna and Fonda for making my day the best it could be! I can't wait to come back and visit.

Sent on 06/14/2014
  • Mindy

Mindy · Married on 08/03/2013

We wanted a barn for our wedding venue. We loved Ostertag. The owners were great and very accomodating. It ended up raining and they had a beautiful backup for having our ceremony outside. Donna would respond quickly to any and all emails i sent her. Overall great experience!

Sent on 08/20/2013

JoAnne · Married on 06/29/2013

Ostertag Vistas is an amazingly beautiful, quiet, and private location - perfect for a wedding! The staff was very cordial and competent and there were options available for a ceremony location in the event of inclement weather which was very nice. There is no limit to where a ceremony can take place and Ostertag Vistas sets up and removes all chairs and tables and chairs for both the ceremony and reception. It could not have been more perfect of a venue for a wedding and everyone commented on they have never been to a more perfect wedding in their lives.... PERFECT!

We couldn't believe our eyes when we arrived at Ostertag Vistas! It was absolutely beautiful. From the time the parking attendant guided us to our parking spot through the time we left, we and other guests were in awe. It was heaven on earth! They even have a people mover which is used to transport guests to and from a ceremony which was nice in our situation since not everyone was as mobile as others. I understand that Ostertag Vistas meets with the bride about 30 days prior to each event which was helpful in our case since they really took pressure off of the bride to help organize her event. They set up all tables and chairs for the reception and even set up and remove chairs for the ceremony. It was just perfect through and through!

Sent on 10/08/2013
  • O

olivia · Married on 06/01/2013

Perfect place for an outdoor wedding. We got SO many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and it truly was just stunning. Very friendly and helpful staff

Sent on 07/11/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2013

Beautiful venue! This was one of the last stops on our list of venues to look at. It was not even my favorite, initially. When the wedding day came, I was SO happy that we went with Ostertag. It was just gorgeous. The scenery, inside the barn, everything came together brilliantly. I could not imagine a different venue.

Donna and her family were kind, generous, supportive and extremely helpful. The meetings were beneficial and informative. They provide paperwork that helps throughout the process and even can provide some rentals. On site, they have several places that can serve as a ceremony location and have back up plans in case of bad weather. They can help you choose other vendors that have worked well with them in the past and provide exceptional service. I highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for a unique, rustic, vintage-y feeling!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Beautiful venue. I got married here may 2013 and it was everything i could have wanted. The staff was amazing and helped in every way possible.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Kate · Married on 04/13/2013

Wonderful. Start to end just wonderful. Ostertag was the first and only venue we looked at and we booked it during our initial tour. The location is beautiful, all our guests commented on how perfect it was, our photographer (who has photographed hundreds of weddings) was even in awe of the location. All of our pictures were perfect in large part because the farm is so beautiful. We loved that they only have one event a day so we had lots of flexibility about where we wanted to have our ceremony and reception. Donna was EXTREMELY helpful, she made sure we had all the information we needed during the pre-meeting, got back to us quickly whenever we asked questions and made sure our wedding day went off without a hitch. We absolutely loved the DJ she recommended (Shewsical Entertainment), her recommendation of how to secure the alcohol saved us a lot of money/confusion/wasted liquor, and all her advice regarding how the day might flow was spot on. We also REALLY appreciated that we could use any licensed cater we wanted—with other venues requiring you use their preferred (and very expensive) caterers, this saved us a lot of money and allowed us to have the kind of food and atmosphere we wanted.
    Some of the other reviewers commented about the rules—there are rules, any venue of any quality is going to have rules, it ensures that their future events get to enjoy the same beautiful (undamaged) venue. The rules were reasonable (no open flames, etc) and consistent. We received a packet with all the information about the venue (including the rules) on our first visit and they stayed the same through our wedding day. We would highly recommend that anyone looking to have a beautiful country wedding contact Ostertag Vistas, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 06/22/2013

I looked at a number of venues before choosing Ostertag and I couldn't have been happier. My guests really enjoyed the wedding, as they had never been to a wedding in a place as unique. It is more than 4 walls and a door - it's acres of land, streams, and historic houses that my guests had access to. It is almost like an open air reception site. The help there was incredible - my mom and the groomsmen kept them hopping - somebody had to keep the guys in line and focused, as I was to busy and my soon-to husband was spending his time hanging out with his buddies. My mom was a nervous wreak (even though I was the one standing up!) and the event coordinator calmed her and the owner kept making her laugh. The ceremony and dinner were on time as scheduled and I owe it all to the staff. We moved the ceremony site on the day of the event without a hitch. Two in our wedding party are considering this location for their wedding/reception.

Sent on 07/07/2012