Ortega'z Grill Reviews

27 | Manteo, NC

27 Reviews for Ortega'z Grill

Ana · Married on 05/13/2017

Lisa and Marcelo are amazing at what they do. They are flexible, accommodating, and knowledgeable. They are willing to take on any new culinary challenge - and do it well! If you are looking for a caterer that is willing to create a completely customized menu, look no further! Almost every person at our wedding has commented about how great the food was. The entire process from beginning to finish was amazing and we are so happy that we could book Ortegaz to cater our reception, thanks Lisa and Marcelo!

Jamie · Married on 07/13/2016

Phenomenal food and service. They were extremely professional and very easy to work with.
    Highly recommended their services to everyone, they will not disappoint.

Michelle · Married on 04/09/2016

Lisa and Marcelo! Thank you again for everything you did in making our day fantastic. From the moment we stepped inside Ortega'z for a tasting to when I hugged Lisa at the end of our wedding night, there was not a piece of the puzzle that was missed. Our food and drinks were of course out of this world phenomenal, which is expected with a caterer that has been on Food Network!

From the sangria bar to the fajita stations everything was fresh and received well deserved compliments.

We also really appreciate that they offered to let us "borrow" a few of their patio tables so that our "sweetheart" table would actually be one since our venue neglected to tell us that they only had one size table.... (whoops) but Lisa and Marcelo to the rescue. Thanks again for going above and beyond. Can't wait to stop by in the summer!

Rebecca · Married on 10/04/2015

I honestly cannot say enough about Marcello and Lisa and all the staff at Ortega'z. If you can imagine the craziness a hurricane can bring, imagine trying to do a wedding during one! They made my reception simply the best. Not only does their food rock...but I honestly feel like they are family now. They helped us early on before Joaquin decided to show up and they helped us quickly modify our reception plans to create a beautiful, romantic and intimate setting that was simply incredible.

Michael · Married on 05/08/2015

I couldn't if I wanted to write enough good things about Lisa and Marcello at Ortegaz. They catered our wedding this past weekend and everything was just amazing. Not only was the food perfectly cooked, and perfectly served, they went above and beyond in every aspect of the event to ensure we had a good time. They went as far as to come over the night before and help us decorate and arrange tables. They're personal service and above and beyond attention to detail really made our wedding. Throughout the whole wedding guests kept stopping me to tell me how amazing the food was. If you're having a wedding in the Outer Banks area, you simply cannot do better than having Ortegaz cater your event.

Abby · Married on 05/17/2014

Lisa and Marcelo were awesome to work with! We were guests at a wedding they catered one year before our wedding, and couldn't wait to hire them for ours. They were laid back and flexible, yet professional and responsive. The food was amazing, and our guests are still talking about the dinner. Highly recommend Ortegaz!

Allison · Married on 04/11/2014

Ortega'z food was amazing!! The only complaint that we had was that the food was so good and everyone loved it so much we had very little to take home. We had a citrus themed wedding and Lisa and Marcelo planned a meal around our theme. The attention to detail in the food was beyond compare. We can't wait to go back for a visit and eat at their restaurant!!

We decided to not do a wedding cake and Ortega'z made mini desserts for us instead. It was so special and unique. Not everyone likes cake and you have to try to pick a flavor everyone will like, not us. We had five different types of desserts so there was something for everyone.

Julie · Married on 10/26/2013

Ortegaz was a compete pleasure to work with for our wedding! Their enthusiasm, creativity, and attention to detail made our event so much more unique and special. They were flexible with our crazy menu schemes, and our guests had nothing but rave reviews for the food at our event. Their pricing was very reasonable for the quality of ingredients and preparation, which can be hard to find in the Outer Banks. Of all the vendors we worked with for our wedding, Ortegaz was the best, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. This husband and wife duo won't disappoint!!

Lisa and Marcelo Ortega were phenomenal to work with! Not only will they cater to whatever you want, their product and creativity is amazing! They also have a great little restaurant downtown Manteo, NC where the atmosphere and dining is just perfect for a small rehearsal dinner.

Lisa does a great job of responding to emails quickly and answered any questions that came up along the way. Marcelo prepared a stuffed-mushroom pasta dish with sauteed red peppers, artichokes and garlic that was divine!

They're the real deal!

Anna · Married on 10/04/2013

We are so happy that we chose Ortegaz as the caterer for our wedding reception! The food was incredible (especially the beef medallions that melted in your mouth), the wait staff was professional, and Lisa Ortega was great and easy to work with!

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/26/2013

Ortega'z has some amazing food!! Our guests are still talking about how good the food was at our wedding & so are we!! Lisa and Marcelo were awesome to work with. We gave them ideas of what we wanted to serve and they came up with a great menu. They were very flexible with us and we were ale to customize many things. We loved how Lisa and Marcelo were at our reception too! We had appetizers, a buffet for dinner and a "late night snack." we were intially worried that food on a buffet gets cold but their food was hot and refreshed often. The food we ate at the reception was just as amazing as what we had tasted at the restaurant. The wait staff and bartenders they brought to the wedding were very professional. We would highly recommend them to anyone and love going to their restaurant when we visit the outer banks!

Sara · Married on 03/30/2013

I wish I could put Lisa and Marcello in my pocket and carry them around with me, I absolutely love them and their food and their restaurant and their catering!! They are the dream team - whether you just want a great dinner in a cute restaurant while in OBX or you need AMAZING food for your special event, these are your people. Thank goodness we go to the OBX all the time - we will be visiting them at Ortega'z as often as possible :-)

Best caterer in the outer banks! Such a great deal for very delicious food. Every aspect of your food will be perfect with this couple behind it. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any person with ANY budget. They just make things work and everyone is going to LOVE your food. Our friends come from out of town and specifically ask to go to their restaurant - everytime.

Candace · Married on 10/26/2012

We had Ortega'z do the catering for our wedding and could not be happier. The food was absolutely incredible!!!!! Every single thing they made for us was to die for. We were getting comments left and right from our friends and family about how amazing the food was and how they've never been to a wedding where the food was so delicious. We were looking forward to having some left overs to enjoy afterwards, but there wasn't a single bite left to take. We had it buffet style and the presentation was fantastic. Service was great, their staff was wonderful. I would highly recommend them to anyone not only for a wedding reception, but for any event you want to have great food at!

Ali · Married on 09/15/2012

Lisa and Marcelo are AMAZING. We not only had them as our wedding caterer, but they hosted our rehearsal dinner and designed/created our cake as well. The cake was simple, yet perfect for what we wanted at the beach. Lisa and Marcelo are so personable, and make the most delicious food with unexpected flavor combinations. We will forever be visiting Ortega'z in Manteo whether it's simply to say hello, or to eat their delectable food. We, honestly, could go on and on about the positives of booking Ortega'z but you can't go wrong with them so do yourself a favor and book them and trust them! They know what they're doing and their passion and love for food is so apparent. Thanks for everything, L and M! We hope to visit soon!

Wow, the catering service at Ortega'z is excellent!! The menu we selected for our daughter's wedding reception was so good!! The owners, Lisa and Marcelo were very helpful in all our planning and were always available to answer any questions we had before the wedding. I would definitely recommend using their catering service to my friends!! What a great job they did for us!!!

Melinda · Married on 08/28/2010

I used Ortegaz to cater my small destination wedding in August of 2010 and could not have been more pleased with the food and service. When Lisa Ortega (owner) arrived at the house we had rented for the event, I could tell they took a special pride in their product. The food was absolutely phenomenal and our guests are still talking about it. Not to mention the amount of food that was there was a terrific deal! I would absolutely recommend Ortegaz for everything from a date night to your wedding caterer.

Kate · Married on 08/06/2010

My new husband and I are considering moving to Manteo just so we can continue to eat their excellent food!! After our catering consultation, I dreamt about eating their food for months leading up to our wedding. Lisa and Marcelo are super down-to-earth and very flexible. I think they will do anything you want and they really understand food and the people who consume it. Lisa messed up which day we were coming for our initial consultation and despite the error was forthcoming and very accomodating. They shared their plan and fed us lunch and we reconvened two days later for our tasting. They made an excellent vegetarian-friendly menu that was completely gobbled up by our 75 wedding guests. Lisa is full of great ideas to make sure guests are satisfied!

• User5206411 · 2+ years ago

Beyond thrilled with the food and service we received from Ortega'z at our wedding reception! The food was amazing - our guests loved everything! We opted for family style and there was enough food for everyone to enjoy each option and then some! The bartenders and waiters were very quick and very pleasant. Would recommend to anyone! Thank you!

Meredith · Married on 10/20/2013

Lisa and Marcelo Ortega are truly one of a kind! Their food is delicious, colorful, beautifully presented (but not pretentious), and you can tell that they love what they do. Their creative ideas and unique takes on traditional foods made them an easy choice for our wedding and their passion and excitement was infectious! The catering and bartending staff were professional and friendly. They made our day so special, and even accommodated us with a lunch platter at the last minute. They go above and beyond what any other caterer in the area could manage, all while running a wonderful and successful restaurant in the heart of Manteo. Ortega'z and the entire team are second to none!

• User2719836 · 2+ years ago

Lisa and Marcelo were awesome to work with. They gladly prepared family recipes and were pretty much up for anything. They had wonderful suggestions on how to incorporate both cultures and make everyone happy. All of my guest commented on how great the food was. Overall, just awesome!!!!

Kristiana · Married on 06/21/2014

Ortega'z definitely surprised us when we went to do a tasting. They are known for having a variety of Tex Mex and we wanted something different, which they knocked out of the park. We did a Carolina BBQ dinner with loaded mashed potatoes and green beans and shrimp and grits. The appetizers were crab cakes, bruschetta, and these Brie wontons that had smoked bacon and a mango sauce. The wontons are TO DIE FOR. I asked for a box of wontons to go! They were also flexible with certain guests who had special needs which was nice. They made it easy to plan and coordinate. Lisa and Marcel were awesome to work with, however i had thought that Lisa mentioned that she would be at my wedding to help with the catering, but she had someone else from her staff in charge which kind of became frustrating because I had worked so hard with Lisa to plan our event and she knew everything so I spent time explaining things to the new person before the wedding. For example we had planned to have the cupcakes passed after the cake cutting, and they weren't. Guests were supposed to grab them themselves which I didn't want so I had to run in and tell the catering crew to pass them as planned. They also threw our anniversary cake in an old liquor bottle box, not in a food box so when it was being transported it shifted around and got messed up and my mother in law had to repackage it which is disappointing. They were nice about it and did everything I had asked, but it was a little frustrating to work with someone so close who was supposed to be at an event only to have them at another wedding. I'd recommend getting clarification as to who will exactly be at the event so you can plan accordingly.

Aside from that, the food was wonderful and my guests raved about it. Lisa communicated with us promptly and met with us several times to chat about the wedding which was nice. I do recommend them, but I also recommend getting that clarification about who will be in charge at the event.

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2012

3.5

Ortega'z was absolutely wonderful as our caterer! The food was beyond delicious, and all our guests LOVED the food! Their only complaints was that there was not enough. Although we gave a guest list number, some guests felt like food ran out too quickly. That might have been due to the fact that the food was too delicious! We do know people were going back for seconds. The owners were amazing to work with. They had a menu all planned out immediately and made changes as soon as you requested changes. They both are so flexible to your needs too. We had vegans and vegetarians at our wedding, but everything was made to accommodate all. The owners are so passionate about food too. We knew the food would be great because the owners weren't there just to cater, but to make the most delicious meal for our wedding day. Our one complaint is that dishes and drink glasses were taken too quickly by the servers. If you put your full glass of wine down for more than 2 minutes, it would be gone. We saw servers taking away plates full of cake too. Some people said they never even tasted the cake. So the service could have been better, but the food was amazing. We do not regret using them at all! You hear of stories about bland and boring food at weddings. You don't hear this when you use Ortega'z! We heard people saying it was the best wedding they had eaten at!

Jenna · Married on 09/15/2014

3.0

AMAZING!! Use Ortega'z if you want creative, delicious and unique food for your wedding. I was blown away by how incredible everything was and I'm still getting emails and messages from our guests raving about the food. We chose "classy comfort food" with a pig roast, Mac n cheese bar, ravioli, green beans, rosemary potatoes and jalapeño cornbread. The cocktail hour items were awesome too. Lisa and Marcelo truly have a passion for food and helped us create a wonderful menu that was so far from a boring wedding spread. I can't say enough about how awesome it was. Their staff went out of their way to help us setup a few things, give us recommendations and help clean up. Their prices are also very good. I looked at a few other places and no one came close...it was an incredible value. The only negative thing I have to mention is the communication was slow during the planning process but the end result was so incredible it doesn't matter. Thank you Ortega'z!!!

3.0

Ortegaz Grill was a pleasure to work with, although hard to get in touch with at times. They were very accommodating to my specific requests for my wedding catering and the service was incredible. I got many compliments on the crab ball and chicken and waffles appetizers they supplied. They were also very convenient and familiar to my reception venue across the street which made planning easier. I would recommend them for catering.