Orchard Avenue Events Reviews

Orchard Avenue Events 5
Orchard Avenue Events 6
Orchard Avenue Events 7

Samantha · Married on 09/08/2018

Brooke is a life saver! Both my fiancé and I have busy work lives and we could not have done this without Brooke. She helped to navigate the complex vendor landscape while helping us avoid unreliable and unresponsive vendors. From contacting different vendors until we liked the choices, to reminding us when payments are due and simply to remind us to eat on the day of the wedding-Brooke was on top of it all! She has more than a decade of experience doing events like weddings but also running Taste of Sonoma which has 200+ vendors every year! She told us she does weddings to keep her sane. She loves what she does and it shows in everything she does. She is organized, has such amazing attention to detail and definitely put out so many fires on the day of our wedding that we never even dealt with. If you want a stress free day, HIRE BROOKE! She is an excellent communicator. She was always a quick email or text away and you know you’d get a response VERY quickly! She has such a good eye for decor, I had no idea what our dessert table would look like (didn't know we needed boxes and high rises) and look below at what she put together! She even hand wrote some chalk boards for our wedding hashtag, assembled our picture frames, made paper cones, and really brought in so many good ideas that we would have never thought of. Honestly, Brooke without you there from the beginning we would have been hot messes, but with you there every step of the way we were able to enjoy our wedding day stress free. This may be rare in the wedding world but absolutely nothing went wrong! And that should be more than enough for anyone to hire Brooke!! Thank you again Brooke for all your hard work.

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Orchard Avenue Events 9
    Orchard Avenue Events 10
    Orchard Avenue Events 11

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Aww. Thank you for the kind words! You and Sam were such a pleasure to work and I’m so honored to be a part of your love story! I wish you all of the happiness in the world!!

Brent · Married on 08/05/2018

We are from Chicago so when it came time to look for a wedding planner in the Sonoma area, we relied on reviews and recommendations from sites such as these. We were recommended from our venue who suggested we meet with Brooke from Orchard Avenue Events. Having been an event planner myself, I had very high expectations of who we would work with. After meeting with Brooke, we knew it would be her! I cannot emphasize enough her extreme level of detail, responsiveness, and knowledge in wedding planning. From assisting us with event rentals such as chairs and linens, to running out to make sure our raw bar display was exactly how we imagined it, she took care of every detail imagineable. We truly were able to come to Sonoma and enjoy our wedding weekend with no worry- a real gift to us! You’ll come to realize very quickly that most vendors in Sonoma take a little while to respond- that’s just not the case with Brooke. She was incredibly quick to reply to our questions, made sure we felt comfortable every step along the way, and kept us on schedule amidst the craziness of wedding planning. Do yourself a favor, and don’t stress at your wedding- work with Orchard Avenue Events, they are absolutely the BEST!

Orchard Avenue Events 12
    Orchard Avenue Events 13
    Orchard Avenue Events 14
    Orchard Avenue Events 15
    Orchard Avenue Events 16
    Orchard Avenue Events 17
    Orchard Avenue Events 18

Jim · Married on 08/05/2018

Brooke did an amazing job as our wedding planner. We had many things in place when we contacted her, and she was able to jump right in and tie up all the loose ends. A destination wedding can be stressful, but this was not the case at all with Brooke. When we were in town she made sure to clear her whole day to work with us. She worked with all vendors to ensure that our event went well. We are so glad that we chose Orchard Avenue Events!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Thank you Jim! I had so much fun working with you and seeing your vision come to life!!

Kirstin · Married on 07/14/2018

Sara was the perfect fit for all of my unique needs! She listened attentively, held my hand through the process and had great solutions. Always a consummate professional, I never had to worry about any detail. She's great at planning and very creative, but equally as good at problem solving in-the-field! Most importantly, she's fun and such a delight to be around. I made a friend for life in Sara and will be hiring her again in the future for all of my party planning needs.

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

We are so glad that we decided to work with Brooke for our wedding! We don't know how we would have done it without her. She was so organized, calm, responsive, and made our wedding day just perfect! I couldn't have asked for anything more on our special day. Brooke executed it exactly the way we imagined it. Would highly recommend her for wedding planning!

Annie · Married on 04/28/2018

Brooke was amazing. My husband and I are both very busy professionals who travel most of the time. Having Brooke local and managing all the vendors as well as working around our schedules was great. She did a fantastic job of really understanding us and what we were looking for from the beginning, then gave us the right choices to help turn our vision into a beautiful, wonderfully executed reality. All of our guests are still raving about the wedding and most of them have commented it was the best wedding they had ever attended!

Orchard Avenue Events 19

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Brooke is an absolute gem. She went above and beyond at every step of the process and provided invaluable support and advice that allowed us to have a stress-free and beautiful day. My fiance (now husband) and I were so pleased with her work and would highly recommend her skills and expertise to anyone who wants help regardless of how "hands on" you think you might be. Not only is she highly professional but she brings an ease and optimism that sometimes you really need during the grueling process of wedding planning! From her expertise on the best vendors to layouts to specific logistics to decor ideas, Brooke has the knowledge to perfect every detail - even ones you haven't even thought of yet. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator or planner, DO NOT think twice about it and hire Brooke. You will NOT regret it! I couldn't have imagined working with anyone better than her.

Talia · Married on 10/07/2017

I found Brooke online and knew right away that she was the perfect planner to help plan my destination wedding. My (now) husband and I had visited wine country a few times, and fell in love with its beauty, food and wineries. We knew it was the perfect place to invite our family and friends to celebrate our wedding. Both my husband and I are extremely busy with work, and being that we live on the east coast, we knew hiring a planner was essential! Brooke was so easy to work with. She was extremely responsive and on top of all of our ideas and requests. Given we had been to wine country a few times, we had an idea of what we wanted, but Brooke also gave us a lot of amazing suggestions on hidden gems we never would have thought of on our own. We started the weekend off with a wine tour/welcome dinner. It was the perfect way to bring all of our guests together before the wedding. Then of course the wedding day was perfection. I didn’t have a ton of time to think through all of the wedding details, so I really trusted Brooke to take care of everything. I truly ended up with the best vendors and best wedding ever, all on budget which my husband truly appreciated. I couldn’t have asked for anything more! I would highly recommend Brooke to anyone planning a destination wedding. She was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process!

Karla · Married on 09/30/2017

I had an amazing experience working with Brooke from Orchard Avenue Events! She met with us months in advance to walk the venue and gave us great ideas with how we could set things up for the wedding. I loved the fact that she had also worked at my venue so many times and knew exactly how everything should go. She was very quick to respond to any questions I had and was extremely helpful. Her professionalism and experience is out of this world. The day of the rehearsal she wanted me to feel comfortable and was willing to go through everything as many times as I needed and the day of the wedding I wasn’t nearly as stressed as I thought I would be because of her. I knew she had everything under control. I cannot recommend her enough!!!

Julie · Married on 09/09/2017

Brooke was beyond amazing. If we could give her 10 stars we would. As a couple planning a wedding from Chicago, she made the entire experience completely stress free. She was extremely professional, friendly, trusting and always ten steps ahead of the planning process. She recommended the most beautiful venue and helped us work within our budget. Not only that when we faced health challenges before the wedding, she stepped in and went above and beyond to help us wrap up every detail. On our wedding day we were relaxed, happy and full of beautiful memories. She is simply the best.

Jamie · Married on 06/03/2017

Brooke was simply amazing!
    We really enjoyed having Brooke as our planner to make our dream wedding come true. She provided great insight and always proactive throughout the process.

Tania · Married on 10/14/2016

Brooke is absolutely AMAZING! She was extremely attentive to every single detail, incredibly responsive and has such a fantastic talent for putting together a beautiful event. Prior to the wedding she was unbelievably organized, kind and helpful in making us feel comfortable and excited for our big day. On the day of, she was on top of everything, even meeting us a few extra times at the venue for last minute touches. Her and her team made our wedding day extra special. We wouldn't have been able to pull off our dream day without her. We are forever grateful. We would absolutely recommend Brooke to anyone looking for the BEST of the best in Sonoma!!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Aww - thank you so much for your kind words! I absolutely loved working with you & Jarin and am so happy you had your dream wine country wedding! Wishing you much relaxation after the wedding!!

alyson · Married on 09/25/2016

I got married about 3 weeks ago and had an amazing experience with Brooke from Orchard Avenue Events. Like all brides, I feel like my wedding was magical, but more important I was able to enjoy the process because I brought Brooke into the picture. I'm a construction project manager so my work life is pretty insane with all the different projects that I work on. I knew that I needed help to plan my wedding so I wouldn't lose my job...or my mind for that matter. I did a lot of research and landed on Brooke. I think what really sold it for me was my discussions with her previous clients which all had glowing reviews. I went with the partial planning option and found my own vendors....but she sent me vendor contacts whenever I needed them.
    She was so helpful through out - I'm a no frills kind of girl, like to keep it simple but can sometimes over complicate things (as brides do with all the stress) and am very budget driven. Brooke was very honest with me and helped me save money in a lot of places. She understood my needs and requirements ahead of time and was super communicative throughout the entire process. As a PM myself, I loved that about her. She ironed out stuff in the background and usually had it figured out by the time it came to my attention. She had great advice, always kept me calm and did what she could on her end to negotiate with the vendors. She went above and beyond throughout the process to make sure both my husband and I were happy. I was so calm my wedding weekend because I knew she had it under control which is pretty unusual for me as i'm a high stress person. I knew the wedding was a complete success when my husband told me it was the best day of his life. He also loves Brooke and is so thankful we brought her on...now if only she had connections in commercial construction in the bay area, I would hire her in a second!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Thank you for trusting me with your big day!! I loved how detail oriented you were and loved seeing everything come together on the big day! You were a dream client and will miss planning with you. I hope you had the most wonderful honeymoon - you deserve it!! Xx

Brittany · Married on 09/24/2016

Words cannot express how helpful and invaluable Brooke was in planning and coordinating our wedding. Not only did she pull off a spectacularly beautiful wedding for us in Napa, but she was also such a pleasure to work with throughout the process and extremely responsive. I cannot say enough good things about Brooke and her planning abilities! We are so grateful to have had her plan our wedding!

Victoria · Married on 08/20/2016

Brooke is a gold star among wedding professionals. She is calm and collected even in the most stressful moments, and gives all she has to making your event fabulous. I was so lucky to have her on my team for my wedding. She suggested unique site setup ideas and gave me the reassurance that the layout I planned would work for my vendor team. She is open to new designs and traditions while troubleshooting any issues that might arise with logistics. Nothing is too complex or too small for her attention. Brooke's industry contacts are best in class and with her recommendations I was in great hands.
    Working together is fun. Brooke loves weddings and it shows! No matter how organized or experienced we were, I feel having Brooke as our planner was 100% necessary to us enjoying our wedding day. My groom even asked her to come a little early as with her around he felt so much more at ease with all of the last minute to-do's for our event!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Thanks Victoria! Your wedding will always hold a special place in my heart. I loved that you decided to host the affair in the stunning backyard of the home you grew up in. There is nothing more special than that! Thank you for allowing me to work with you on your wedding!! I am so honored!!

Kip · Married on 08/13/2016

When we first got engaged my fiancee and I felt that there was no way we would hire a wedding planner. We were more than capable of handling it on our own. But as we got into the process of planning a Sonoma wedding from Los Angeles, we realized that we needed help. And that's when the wedding coordinator at our venue recommended Brooke from Orchard Avenue Events and our lives got a lot easier.

Brooke was invaluable in helping us to figure out how to have a wedding that felt true to the outdoorsy-quirky-geeks that we are and still be classy and beautiful. She paid attention to all the things we said we wanted and then got back to us with lots of ideas that we never would have thought of on our own.

The vendors she recommended to us were all fantastic and she went the extra mile to make sure that they all gave us their best. On the day of the wedding she set up all the decorations and then packed them all up for us after the reception, which allowed us to stay focused on just enjoying the day and having a good time with our friends and family.

And through it all Brooke was always a delight to work with - even when she was giving us bad news. We could not have asked for a better organized, innovative, or more wonderful person to have as our wedding planner than Brooke.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing me! I loved that your design was completely different than your average, typical wedding. I loved that every detail truly reflected who you and Glenn are as a couple. I wish you two many, many years of love and happiness together! You two are the cutest couple ever! Much love, Brooke

Jenna · Married on 05/13/2016

As a perfectionist and control freak myself, finding someone to plan a wedding from afar seemed like a daunting task. I chose Brooke because she was the most responsive, enthusiastic and professional planner I had spoke with on the phone. After hiring her, I knew I made the right choice. Planning a very intimate wedding in Sonoma from SoCal (meaning I'd never visit the site, see the flowers, or do a test run of anything) required someone who understood my style, taste & ideas for the wedding. Brooke immediately understood the vision in my head and brought it to life. Her #1 priority throughout the process was making sure I wasn't stressed, and she succeeded. From visiting the rental company and staging multiple place settings with various chargers and tables, to sending me 10 different "deep berry" colored napkin swatches, to giving me multiple options for every vendor, to keeping me informed of my budget, to picking the appropriate wine glasses for each course/wine pairing, she is truly the best. Every vendor she picked was amazing and met my high standards! She knows all the right questions to ask and made sure all the details were taken care of prior to the wedding. She was available anytime I needed her and would go out of her way to make my life easier. I even sent a few things to her house so I wouldn't have to bring them with me and she took care of pressing my dress and my husband's suit the week of.

On the day of the wedding, Brooke let me enjoy being a bride. She worked with all the vendors to make sure they were set up and ready to go. She coordinated setting up our outdoor space, cocktail hour space, table settings and ceremony space. Her experience and attention to detail are worth their weight in gold. Zero stress, pure wedding bliss. :)

After the wedding, my first thought was "I wish I had another event for Brook to plan." I can't think of a better compliment to give.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

You are so sweet! Maybe we will need to do a vow renewal for your 5 year anniversary?!? I'd love nothing more than to work with you again too! I loved everything about your wedding. It was intimate, purposeful, and GORGEOUS! It will go down in the books as one of the prettiest weddings I've ever seen. Thank you for trusting me and my judgement throughout the planning process. I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your wedding thoroughly! Come back to Sonoma and visit soon!

Virginia · Married on 05/07/2016

I never thought about the logistics of having a wedding and how much work it entails...only imagined it as one of the happiest days of my life. Now that I've done it, I can say that there is a ton of work involved for months leading up to the big day and having the right people in place will make all the difference. Brooke was our wedding coordinator and she was outstanding. She was so helpful throughout the process and having someone with her experience to rely on was a huge relief. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing me! I loved working with you! You guys were so easy and calm and it made my job super easy. You had such a great team of vendors which made the day seemless. I wish you guys all the best with your new home!! Hugs, Brooke

I don't have the words to properly convey the impact that Brooke made in my pre-wedding life and day of. I tend to worry and lose sleep over events of this magnitude, and I simply expressed this to Brooke and she instantly put me at ease, letting me know that she was always there to guide me.

Her professionalism was outstanding, and her calming, thorough nature was a perfect compliment to even my most high-strung of moments. She was caring and personally invested, expressed genuine enthusiasm about my wedding, and helped me handle my slightly delicate family situation.

Brooke stood by my side, always within reach, and always had a pulse on my status. She calmly and inconspicuosly approached me during key moments and asked me if it felt good to me to proceed, she managed my guest list as far as who I'd like to see in the moments before the wedding and perhaps those I didn't ;) She is the reason that the day was carried out with grace.

I can't say enough about Brooke, all of those envolved in my wedding have marveled at how I was able to find someone so perfect, and all I can respond is that I got so very lucky.

Brooke will be the MOST valuable addition to your vendor list, and I will absolutely be seeking her assistance again for future family events.

Thank you for being so much more than expected!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Awww...thank you for the kind words! I truly had such a great time working with you and your new family. I couldn't be happier that you & Tito had such an amazing wedding day and feel honored to have been a part of it.

Kelly · Married on 09/19/2015

I have to say hiring Brooke Altman was the BEST decision I ever made for planning my wedding. With the SHORT time we had to plan everything and the TIGHT budget we had to work with, I couldn't have imagined a more PERFECT wedding! My wedding the "fairy tale" wedding people only DREAM of having! It was a DREAM come true! The vendors we spoke to at our wedding said they had been to about 1,000 weddings before but OURS was the best they had ever seen which was so cool to hear. My husband and I feel bad because whenever we talk about how perfect our wedding was, we feel like we're bragging too much! We chose Brooke Altman because of her attention to detail and her DESIGN ideas were things I would never been able to come up on my own. Not only did Brooke give us our DREAM wedding, her professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to making sure the "Bride" (me) 100% was happy with everything. She kept a very detailed, updated budget throughout the entire planning process and helped me stay competitive with costs without compromising quality. As for her professionalism... on our WEDDING day, she stayed the entire time, worked hard the entire night, cleaned up the spills & broken glasses as soon as it happened. I had COMPLETE trust in her and I'm so glad we hired her. I can't say enough about Brooke Altman. I recommend to all Brides to Be.. I recommend her to all my friends and family. If your wedding is anything like mine, you will want to brag about your wedding as much as we do! Words cannot express how thankful we are for everything she did for us on our "special day".

Sent on 10/08/2015

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Kelly~ I had such a wonderful time planning with you and seeing everything come together on the day! I am so honored that you trusted me with the biggest day of your life. I wish you and Chris a lifetime of happiness together!

Rebecca · Married on 08/08/2015

I can't say enough good things about Brooke Altman who owns Orchard Avenue Events. She is AMAZING and a miracle worker!!! We didn't have to worry about a single thing at our wedding because she had everything under control: we just had to show up and have fun! She is worth ten times her weight in gold. Yes, she's that good. And let me add that initially, I wasn't 100% sold on the idea of getting a planner. I love hosting parties and have coordinated a few large events in my day so I figured I could handle it. Wrong! After just the first ten minutes of speaking with her, my stress level was already significantly reduced. I didn't know how much I needed her. I work full time and quickly realized that without Brooke, there was no way I would have come out of this wedding with my sanity intact.

Why is she so good? First, she's experienced. She's planned large events for many years. She has great ideas, anticipates potential issues, and is a wealth of information/referrals, if needed. Second, she's unflappable. Nothing phases her. If the power goes out or the kitchen blows up, whatever - she's prepared and will fix it. Odds are, you'll never know there was ever a problem. Third, she plans. She is organized, asks all the right questions and gets the plan right in advance so the day-of, there's nothing to worry about. Fourth, she listens. You want a goofy theme, have a tight budget, or are planning the Event of the Century, she will understand and implement your vision. Fifth, she's fun! She clearly loves what she does and she works so hard to make everything go right. My husband and I are ready to adopt her, we love her so much :)

Sent on 09/13/2015

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Rebecca~ You are so cool, calm and collected - you made it all so easy! I had a great time planning with you and making sure that you & Shaun had your perfect wedding! Hope to see you again soon!! xx

Kristen · Married on 07/26/2014

I can't say enough good things about Brooke Altman. Being an event coordinator myself, I knew how important it was to have her by my side to keep my sanity intact. She is reliable, professional, detail-oriented, and most of all FUN to work with!
    She doesn't miss a single detail, always thinks of event logistics that would be so easy to overlook, and has an incredible eye for design.

She takes the stress out of navigating through the hundreds of choices you have as a bride! She has great insight and advice to offer but did not overpower any of my decisions and would always let me think through an idea before offering her personal insight. She was also incredibly responsive via email and phone which is something that was very important to me and my Type A personality! : )

I knew we were in good hands throughout the entire planning process and day of. I would highly recommend Brooke to anyone looking to make their event special, unique, and perfectly orchestrated.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Orchard Avenue Events's reply:

Love you two so much!! Thank you for being such an awesome bride! I loved seeing your wedding on Style Me Pretty! You deserve it!! It was gorgeous!! Xoxo

Gabriela · Married on 07/12/2014

Brooke Altman of Orchard Avenue Events was absolutely amazing. During the planning phase of our wedding, her organization and expertise put our minds at ease. As the bride, I felt like I had an advocate in her from our first meeting all the way through the end of our wedding night. She worked incredibly hard and was a pleasure to have as part of the team. Our vendors and family members all mentioned how much they enjoyed working with her as well. Our wedding exceeded all my hopes and expectations and it couldn't have happened without Brooke. I can't say enough about how much we appreciate her and Orchard Avenue Events!

Cortney · Married on 07/05/2013

Being a previous wedding planner myself, I knew I could trust Brooke Altman with my wedding planning needs. Brooke is approachable, creative, calm, professional and has a great eye for design and detail. She is quick thinking and has a solution to any hiccups that may occur throughout your wedding planning process. She helped to make our wedding day dreams become a reality! Brooke has years of experience in weddings and events and I would recommend Orchard Avenue Events to anyone looking for a planner. Plus, she is so much FUN to work with!