Onyx + Redwood Reviews

1 User photo

Onyx + Redwood 1
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 11/24/2018

Jessica is the best! Very organized and detailed!

We were so glad to hire Jessica as our Month-of-Coordinator. I can honestly say that everything about our wedding went so perfect and a huge part of that is with Jessica's help! She not only helped with the logistical aspect of our day but also suggested great ideas that made our wedding even more beautiful. We used her unique and beautiful dinner plates it made such a big difference on the final look. Jessica is great at getting things done and always went above and beyond to make everything about your wedding special. No matter how many emails, or texts leading up to the big day, Jessica was happy to help! She is very well organized and used a great online program, Aisle Planner that helped me as the bride to keep track of payments, seating charts, RSVP's, inspiration board, day of schedule, etc. The Aisle Planner was great when Jessica and I needed to keep track of any communications we had about a certain vendor, saving the vendor contracts, payments, seating chart and venue layouts.
    Our wedding was at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum and Jessica had done many weddings there. It was very helpful to have her know the venue and the vendors because we wouldn't have been able to coordinate all the vendor's schedules on our own. Thank you Jess for all your amazing help to make our day run so smoothly. We received a lot of compliments from our families that Jessica was a great hire!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Katie Krattenmaker · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding Planner in CA

Jess is the absolute best of the best. We wanted our wedding to be unique, fun, and stress free and that's exactly what Jess gave us. Jess was on top of every detail at all times and it allowed me to be able to relax and enjoy my wedding without a single worry. She designed everything to perfection and incorporated a lot of details that were very personal to my husband and me, which made the whole experience extra special.

I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2018

Highly Recommend!!!!

My husband and I hired Jessica as a full-service wedding planner. We clicked immediately upon meeting and we immediately felt confident that Jessica was the planner for us!
    She is clearly so experienced at what she does. She was organized, communicative, and is one AMAZING designer. She understood exactly what style we like and made our day truly represent us. It was so beautiful. Her attention to detail sets her apart from the rest! She thought of so many cute little ideas that enhanced the overall vibe of our wedding.
    Not only is Jessica an incredible designer, but she also as so supportive to us throughout the process. Weddings seem to come with a lot of drama and Jessica was always there to listen and give advice.
    You will not be disappointed hiring Jessica! She is the best!

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • F

Felicia · Married on 09/02/2018

As a photographer whose job is to make sure you capture every important detail of the day, it’s vital that the team you are working with is on the same page. Working with Jess was an ideal experience. She was always present when I needed her and is extremely organized and detail oriented. She’s also ultra creative and a joy to be around. She has great suggestions and vocalizes them in a way that feels fun and collaborative. I hope to work with her again in the future and would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Lyla · Married on 09/16/2017

so glad we went with Onyx + Redwood

Jessica was a wonderful help leading up to the big day as well as day of. She relieved a lot of the stress of the details and is knows the ins and outs of weddings like nobody's business! Who knew there were so many decisions to make!? Couldn't have done it without her, my husband I are very grateful.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Betsy · Married on 06/30/2017

Jessica and her team are all amazing! We couldn't have done our wedding without her. She is a perfect balance of fun and business - her creativity is off the charts, so get ready to be blown away by ideas and suggestions you never would have thought of. My mom, dad, husband, and I are so grateful for Jessica's help - it was a pleasure to work with her and I would recommend her to everyone :).

Sent on 08/11/2017

Jane · Married on 06/10/2017

Quite simply, Jessica and her team surpassed our expectations. We chose Bijoux"s "Event Design and Coordination" package because our daughter's wedding and reception venue was unique and had some special challenges. This was the first wedding we have hosted so we had many questions and concerns. It was wonderful to be able to e-mail, text, or call Jessica for advice along the way. I have happy memories of visiting vendors with Jessica and my daughter and then having lunch together. Not only does Jessica have amazing vision, she is FUN!
    The wedding day was magical. Jessica and her team (Natalie was great!), handled every detail from dealing with a bee sting, bustling the brides wedding dress, to making sure all the guests were happy and having a good time. As a result, my husband and I totally enjoyed the evening. At one point, I told Jessica,"You were right about Everything!". Jessica even came to the brunch the next day, along with her husband and her two darling children.
    A wedding can be stressful or it can be one of the most meaningful and memorable days of your life--a time when old friendships are revisited and new relationships are made. Thanks to Jessica, ours was perfect in every way. If we are lucky enough to have another wedding in our family, Jessica will be the first person we call!

Sent on 08/25/2017
  • Latoya

Latoya · Married on 08/20/2016

Jessica was great! She had so much energy, which was necessary given that my husband and I were mostly shell-shocked by the entire wedding planning process that we didn't have any energy of our own to give! She was knowledgeable, friendly, and made our day perfect! She answered our (many) questions, offered suggestions based on her expertise, and handled EVERYTHING day of (which got a little difficult due to my family handling a lot of DIY projects).

I cannot imagine what we would have done if we didn't have her!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Christine · Married on 11/01/2015

I am so thrilled that we chose to work with Jessica and Bijoux Events for our November wedding. The wedding weekend/day went off without any issues at all, the biggest "problem" we ran into was a wardrobe malfunction with my husband's tux jacket, and Jessica was even able to fix that! We had a tight timeline for photography but Jessica made it all work out so that we didn't have to sacrifice the shots we wanted to capture. I think the biggest surprise for me was how much I ended up loving my flowers, because that one was of the elements that was really low on my priority list, and they ended up being one of my favorite details. Jessica knew best, and didn't listen to me when I kept suggesting farmers market flowers and I'm so glad she DIDN'T listen to me because I ended up loving them so much!! Jessica really did everything... as a bride it was wonderful because I almost literally did nothing, and the entire day was so perfect and beautiful. She designed the reception space better than I ever could have imagined, infusing so much class into the event. And because I did nothing to help with that, it was a wonderful day-of surprise to see just how beautiful it all turned out!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Allan · Married on 10/10/2015

Jessica is truly amazing! I couldn't imagine planning my wedding with out her. She is very knowledgeable on every question, issue and thought. She is quick and takes away a lot of the stress that happens on your day. I will always be grateful to her for making my day a wonderful one!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Sireenah · Married on 09/12/2015

LOVED Jessica!!! She was our "month of coordinator" for our Sept 2015 wedding and she was awesome!!! She was super personable, has a great sense of humor and was very responsive, and very honest and upfront about things which I appreciated. She was incredibly professional and organized. When it came to connecting and meeting at different points in the process, she was very flexible with my schedule (as I was coming from NYC) and overall goes out of her way to try to be of service. Even our family and friends (and wedding party) made comments about how great (and cool) she was doing rehearsals and on the big day. I am so happy to have had her support throughout and I don't know what I would've done without her. I think I need to throw a party in SB again one day just so I can hang with her again!! Seriously, would highly recommend!!! She is the best of the best!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Kendra · Married on 06/06/2015

Jessica is an amazing event planner. She planned and coordinate my wedding this June at Westmont and the Double Tree in Santa Barbara and I could not have been happier. I recommend her highly and will ask her in a heart beat to plan any event I might put on in the future. Jessica is organized, has great visions for spaces, communicates back quickly and really knows what she is doing. Whatever needs to be done, she will make it happen..no matter how crazy and no matter how little time. One of our wedding guests that interacted with Jessica during the reception said it well. She said “Jessica is always one step and one thought ahead, which allows her to make things run smoothly and people to feel taken care of.”

Jessica has a great eye for what goes well together. Even after all of the planning, table linen renting, and decoration selection, I didn’t have a totally clear picture of what it would all look like together...but Jessica clearly did because when I peeked in the ballroom before guests entered, I was flabbergasted. I honestly could not believe how gorgeous and elegant the space looked. It was a beautiful, soulful day and the aesthetics and atmosphere of the room mirrored the day nicely.

Beyond being a great planner and executing those plans seemingly flawlessly during the event, Jessica is a fun person to work with. She is down to earth, has a great, big personality, is low stress (not sure how she pulls that off!) and planning meetings felt less like planning and more like throwing around ideas with a friend. I highly recommend that anyone planning a large event or a wedding contact Jessica at Bijoux events!

Sent on 07/24/2015

When my husband and I first met Jessica Kuipers, we both fell in love with her vivacious sparkling charm, wit and infectiously bubbly personality. It is so absolutely clear that she loves what she does. Whenever (which turned out to be many a time) we were overwhelmed but how much was coming our way, either on one of our looong pixelated Skype calls or in person, the white knight (AKA Jessica) would come and magically make everything come together. With a smile on her face! That's not only the ultimate sense of duty, but also a true example of how to live life looking at all glasses, no matter their shape or size, 3/4th full or more.

As Jessica says, what she does is a labor of love, and man does it show! We were often (especially towards the end of our planning road) baffled and a little bit ashamed at our failure to figure out when she had time to sleep, let raise the two cutest children ever. And we'd become only more baffled when we remembered we weren't her only clients! How she did it remains a mystery.

We have been taught to give honest feedback, and that means the good and the perfectible. But, we just couldn't come up with any fault. None. Jessica is amazing. Stunning and exemplary. Over the course of our entire wedding weekend, from the moment we arrived to Santa Barbara, there was something in the air whispering reassuringly "nope, don't worry, it's all taken care of". Friday's loungy Welcome Drinks (at a venue recommended by Jessica) were perfect! Saturday morning's Mass glorious. Saturday evening and night, with climate change and a vicious weather god playing around with Gulf of Mexico hurricane weather in pristine Santa Barbara, Jessica was tested yet again, now in the ultimate improvisational skill: how to react to gushes of wind 5x above design for the dinner space. She shined.

What can we say. When there are too many words, there are not enough words. We will be forever grateful.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Malia · Married on 08/03/2014

Words can't begin to describe how incredible Jessica at Bijoux Events is but I'll give it a try! From the moment we had our first phone conversation to our first in person meeting, we hit it off. It truly felt like I was planning our wedding with an old friend. She listened to what we wanted, made great suggestions, and was always available when we needed her. Being the professional she is and acting as a liason between us and the vendors (many which she recommended and they had glowing things to say about her), she made the planning process go so much more smoothly than I could have imagined.

The weekend of our wedding, she was a rockstar. For the rehearsal, she was organized, managed the multiple kids in the wedding party with patience and a smile. She kept me and my fiance calm the following days when rain and thunderstorms made their way into the forecast and made sure to have a Plan B. Thankfully we didn't need it and the day turned out perfect. Jessica brought all our details together flawlessly and even improved on details I hadn't thought of. She truly is an exceptional wedding planner and we couldn't have gotten through the day without her.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Laura · Married on 06/21/2014

Jessica is truly the best! From the moment we first talked over the phone, I knew I was in great hands! Even though I hired her as my month-of coordinator, she was there every step of the way to help me with the planning process! She helped me with everything from picking my florist to getting a stain out of one of my bridesmaids' dresses only moments before we walked down the aisle. She is a pleasure to be around and makes everything that much easier for the bride! Everyone commented on how calm I was during the wedding, and I have Jessica to thank for that!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Nirali · Married on 06/08/2014

Working with Bijoux Events for my wedding was an incredible experience. Jessica and her staff helped create a wedding that was more amazing than anything I could have ever dreamed of. They are professional, creative, energetic and a lot of fun to work with. I highly recommend Bijoux Events for any event you are looking to plan.

Sent on 06/13/2014

I highly recommend Jessica and Bijoux Events. We wouldn't have been able to make it down the aisle without her.

Jessica was professional and engaged throughout our wedding planning process. She was always willing to give support and guidance, and she was always available. She is a triple threat- she is personable, which allowed her to successfully manage all of the different personalities in our wedding group. She is also detail oriented- we never had to worry about the "little" things. And finally, she is experienced and knows what works and what doesn't. We felt safe using Jessica and her staff and our wedding could not have been more perfect.

We owe so much to Bijoux events for helping us through the wedding planning process. She truly is a exceptional wedding planner.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Cathy · Married on 03/29/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator. We fell in love with Jessica from the first time we spoke to her on the phone. We knew we had to have her help plan our dream wedding. Our wedding turned out even better than we ever could have imagined. She knew our vision and always lead us in the right direction with all of our vendors. Even our family and friends commented on how great our vendors were and noticed how we actually built relationships with each and every one of them. This was all due to Jessica knowing our personalities and who would work best with us.

Jessica was always so organized, professional, and down-to-earth. She was very honest about everything which made it easier for us to make decisions for our wedding. We were so happy with how everything went on our wedding day and couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. She really makes wedding planning that much easier. I would highly recommend Jessica and Bijoux Events to anyone who wants to have their dream wedding.

Sent on 04/02/2014

Stacie · Married on 10/19/2013

Bijoux Events is truly an amazing find. She literally helped me with every detail and made my wedding day a dream come true. This is definitely the company to have when planning a wedding or any event really.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Jessica did an amazing job planning our wedding. She had great creative ideas and the team / connections to pull it off! We were beyond pleased with our wedding weekend from start to finish.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Erin · Married on 08/24/2013

Jessica was everything I needed in a wedding coordinator. I was fortunate to know her before I even got engaged, and always said "when I get married, I will definitely call you". And I was glad I did! She was not only full of amazing ideas, she really made my vision come to life. She was always reliable, and took charge in areas I needed her to. She had fabulous ideas and great resources. She was my wedding coordinator, but most of all she was my my voice of reason, my shoulder to cry on, my counselor and friend (because let's be real..weddings aren't ever as easy to plan while having 20 opinions in your ear). Thank you, Jess, for making mine and Bobby's day more special than we could ever imagine!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Jessica at Bijoux Events coordinated my wedding in Santa Barbara in Aug. 2013. She was great to work with, and I would recommend her services. Here are some of what I felt like were her major strengths:
    1) She was always easy to reach and quick to respond.
    2) She did a great job of organizing a lot of vendors
    3) She knows how to make things look good. I had a general idea of the vibe/ aesthetic I wanted for the wedding, but didn't really know how to but it all together. Jessica did a great job of translating my vague vision into a gorgeous, cohesive real-world wedding.
    4) Jessica really shined on the day of the wedding-- she had everything totally in hand, and I never had to worry about anything. I got to be relaxed and focused on getting married, without having to think about anything going on behind the scenes, which is exactly how it should be :)

Sent on 04/13/2014

I am so glad we found Jessica Kuipers at Bijoux Events to help us with our wedding! She was a blast to work with and I really felt like we clicked and understood each other. She and her team had a ton of knowledge and a great working relationship with our venue. Thanks to her, our wedding day went smoothly and we were able to relax. My parents were so grateful that they didn't have to stress about small details on this important day. Several members of the wedding party also commented on how amazing Jessica was. Bijoux Events provided amazing value for the money and I recommend them enthusiastically! Don't bother looking anywhere else - Jessica is the best, period.

Sent on 04/11/2014

Shaun · Married on 09/15/2012

With regards to our wedding, Jessica was without a doubt one of the best decisions we ever made. From our initial meeting several months before the big day through the very end of our wedding night, Jessica was there for us with a warm and helpful response to all our questions. She was courteous, thoughtful and perhaps most importantly a problem solver. With a 28 person wedding party, she rose to the challenge with a smile and made it all come together without a hitch. We highly recommend Jessica 100%!!!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Caitlin · Married on 08/26/2012

Jessica is amazing!! She and her staff are so fun, helpful, and organized, they made it so easy for me to be able to just enjoy being with my new husband, family, and friends on our wedding day. I didn't have to worry about a thing and the day was as wonderful as I could ever have imagined. Working with Jessica and Bijoux Events was an absolute dream!!

Sent on 09/27/2012