One On One Salon Reviews

23 | Rhinebeck, NY

23 Reviews for One On One Salon

• Anneka

Anneka W. · Married on 08/08/2020

Greatest hair and make up team

Kat is one of the sweetest people, who is always able to put me at ease. Throughout the stress and uncertainty during COVID-19 if we would have the wedding, Kat swooped in like a fairy godmother and was able to hold space for all of my worries and concerns all while providing amazing hair services and treatments I couldn't imagine having anyone else do my hair for my wedding day, and I am so happy that Face Stockholm highly recommended Kat a year ago. I fully intend to continue going to Kat for highlights and hair products. And I also want to give a shout out to Carly for helping me feel at ease with booking online, And also a shout out to Sarah, for holding my hand over the phone as I rescheduled my hair trials many times due to COVID-19 and for helping me order my hair extensions, which actually matched my hair perfectly! One on One Salon has such good energy and talent, and I recommend their bridal hair and general hair services to everyone.

Sent on 08/23/2020

One On One Salon's reply:

Thank you Anneka! It was such a pleasure meeting you and helping you for such a special occasion! I’m so happy your wedding connected us! Thanks for sharing your experience! I’m happy that even with all the craziness this year has brought us that we were able to make you so happy... you’re proof that if you just trust and go with the flow good things happen!! And proof that services in a mask can happen safely and make people so happy. Thanks for accommodating all the rules in place to keep us all safe and for all of your kindness. You are truly a gift!
  • Leah

Leah D. · Married on 10/12/2019

Finding the perfect look!

Working with One on One Salon (for hair-styling) for my wedding was everything I could ask for! Kat is one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met. Having never met prior, about twenty minutes into my hair trial, it felt as if we had known each other for years. Kat asked me a bunch of questions to understand my style and desired look, as well as had me share my Pinterest board with her. Having this info in mind, she created a look that I immediately fell in love with. I had my trial at the One on One Salon - which is stunning space. The experience was relaxing and exciting all at the same time.

Flash forward to the wedding day, Kat arrived promptly at 6:30AM (yes, we had to start super early) with a smile on her face and contagious positive energy. Sara joined a bit later, and by 11:30AM myself, 5 bridesmaids, mother and aunt were ready to go - eager to show off our beloved looks. Kat and Sara were professional and fun-loving. They both brought so much joy to the morning! With music bumping and mimosas flowing, they coordinated the scheduled, working in tandem with our make-up artist to ensure all 8 ladies were ready to depart for the venue on time. Kat then continued on to a second location to do my mother-in-law and aunt’s hair! They were equally please/excited with the outcome. All of our looks lasted until the very end of the night/wee hours of the following morning - withstanding outdoor ceremony conditions and hours worth of dancing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Kat & Sara for bringing all of our desired looks to life and for sharing your loving personalities. I’m so thankful we worked together!

Photo Credit: Laura Wielo Photography

Sent on 04/12/2020

One On One Salon's reply:

Hi Leah!! Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate you sharing your experience! Sara and I both had a great time helping you and your family get ready! I’m so happy you were happy and these photos are absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for everything! Wishing you and you family all the best!!

Maeve E. · Married on 10/05/2019

Loved my hair and makeup!

I worked with Sara and Amanda for hair and makeup respectively through One on One in Rhinebeck. They were both super nice and made me feel very comfortable. During the trial, I was not totally happy with the way my makeup turned out, but Amanda was very open to my feedback, remembered it on my big day and I felt gorgeous! They did a fabulous job with my bridesmaids and mothers hair and makeup as well. They were flexible, coming out to my parents' house the morning of the wedding, and made us all feel so comfortable. I wanted a natural makeup look and they were able to deliver that!

Carly, the admin, was AMAZING and responded to emails at all times of the day, so quickly, assuaging any stress that I had. I would highly recommend One on One.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Julie

Julie M. · Married on 08/31/2019

Talented and Fun

Kat and her team were a delight to work with from the trail to after the wedding! Kat runs a lovely salon in Rhineback, she literally recreated a picture I gave her, and then later was able to change to an abstract idea I gave her day of my wedding just because the weather allowed me to change my mind. I am not comfortable with beauty terminology or inspirations and Kat totally put me at ease and made me look Bridal beautiful and completely myself.
    Sara came to help with my friends and each one of them were beaming. Allie is a master makeup artist, our makeup elevated our natural features so we looked beautiful but still like ourselves. She worked with my mom, my 5 yr old niece, and my friends from a variety of ethnicities. She was amazing.

Added bonus One on One has various and tech friendly payment options so you don’t have to worry about cash on hand the day of your event. Convenience is everything day of.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Bailey

Bailey · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

After a couple disastrous makeup trials, I finally found One on One Salon and it was hands down the best beauty decision I made for the wedding. First of all, Kat and her whole team were so easy to communicate and work with. They were responsive and helpful with every aspect of the process. Prior to the trial, I was extremely nervous because I don't wear a lot of makeup and hadn't found someone who could bring my minimal makeup vision to life. Kat recommended that I work with Haley and she was INCREDIBLE. During the trial, her calm and confident personality made me feel instantly at ease and she included me in decisions along the way. After our trial, I had complete confidence moving forward. And on the day, Haley absolutely knocked it out of the park. My makeup was exactly what I had envisioned and she crushed it with my bridesmaids as well. Thank you Haley for making me feel truly beautiful and confident!

Sent on 08/25/2019

One On One Salon's reply:

Thank you so much Bailey! I know Haley loved working with you too!! We are so grateful for your kind review!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

One on One is great!

Kat did hair and Dawn did make up for me and my bridesmaids. Not only is the salon space gorgeous and serene, but their services were equally excellent on location!

Kat is so sweet, and a really serene presence on a hectic day. Dawn is also a blast, and wasn't fazed by my slightly unusual requests!

Sent on 10/27/2018

One On One Salon's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle!! You were so fun and sweet to work for! I know Dawn would agree with me :) I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the post wedding butterflies! Xo

Leigh S. · Married on 07/28/2018

Dream Come True

Kat and her girls hosted myself and around 12 of my best friends/family for the morning of my wedding. We did make-up, updos, and blow outs. It was the most perfect atmosphere and the hair and make up was exactly what I wanted. I wish I could repeat that morning over and over again. The girls at one on one are amazing.

Sent on 10/23/2018

One On One Salon's reply:

Aw Leigh!! This is so sweet! Thank you for sharing your experience :) It was such a pleasure getting to know you and your friends/family!! You looked so beautiful!

Janine · Married on 07/14/2018

Kat and Leah, along with their incredible team helped us look and feel our best on our wedding day! We could not have been more thrilled with their calming energy, kindness, and skills! Our looks were exactly as we wanted and the stress of wedding to-dos melted away as we spent a few hours feeling pampered. They are the best in the business and we feel lucky to have found them. Months ago we did a trail and loved them back then. The big day was even better because our bridesmaids got to feel pampered too! We cannot thank the team enough and will recommend them to anyone getting married in the northeast!

Sent on 07/23/2018

One On One Salon's reply:

Thank you so much Janine! :) You and Danielle are so amazing and we absolutely loved getting to know you both. Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. We hope to see you again soon!
    Lots of love from the One On One Team

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Kat and Tori were absolutely amazing! Kat was easy to work with and the results were fantastic. Everyone in the bridal party loved their look. To top it off, they’re a pleasure to be around. I would highly recommend for anyone looking for hair and makeup artists in the Hudson Valley.

Sent on 06/26/2018

One On One Salon's reply:

Thank you so much Marisa! :) We absolutely loved every part of the process from meeting you at the trial to being part of such a special day! I hope we see you again if you’re ever in Rhinebeck!! Xo

Jo Ann · Married on 10/15/2016

Kat and her team went above and beyond to accommodate me. I have never looked, or felt more beautiful and the look on my husband's face when he first saw me proved it. My special day was even more amazing thanks to them

Sent on 10/25/2016
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 07/30/2016

One on One Salon was the perfect choice for my wedding day hair and makeup. Kat and Tori came to me the day of, which really set the tone for my day. I was able to relax with friends and family while being made up, and not need to worry over rushing from one place to another.
    Kat and Tori have such amazing energy that even when I started to feel anxious over impending rain, their positive words and a touch of lavender oil calmed me right down.
    I can not stress enough how important it is to be surrounded by such positive, easy going ladies on a morning that could potentially be hectic and stressful.
    All good vibes aside, Kat and Tori truly made me feel like a beautiful bride. My hair looked exactly as I had envisioned and held completely throughout a day of humidity and rain. As someone who wears minimal makeup, Tori did a great job enhancing my features while not making me feel overdone...I felt like me, but a more polished version.
    I could not be happier with having chosen One on One Salon for my wedding day, and would recommend them to anyone looking to feel beautiful, calm and happy on their wedding day!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2016

Having Kat and her team there on my wedding day was one of the best decisions we made! I had originally booked a different hair and makeup team, but after getting my trial, I just felt like they didn't understand the natural, elegant vibe I was going for. Then we found Kat Baker and instantly knew we had found the right team. The women were so wonderful and did an incredible job at the trial, and we had a lot of fun in their gorgeous, zen-like salon. Leading up to the day, they were so flexible and easy to work with - which can be rare in the wedding industry :)

On the wedding day, they styled myself and my (8!) bridesmaids perfectly, making us all look and feel beautiful, but like ourselves. I have wild curly hair, and it was important to me that I still look like me, even with "done" hair - a lot of stylists end up taking the personality out of curly hair, or fully straightening it and then curling it again. I loved what Kat's team did with me hair - I felt like me and got tons of compliments on my hair. And they were really fun and easy-going to talk to the whole morning of prep. Would definitely recommend Kat and her team!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kael · Married on 05/28/2016

Had a wonderful experience with Kat and her entire team. Their salon was in a convenient location and so cute (the lavender smell definitely relaxed my nerves!) They made me feel comfortable sharing my ideas and when I was a little unrealistic about my hair style helped me come up with a new plan. My make-up stayed all day even with 90 degree heat! I was also an out of town bride so she was willing and able to work around me which was so helpful especially when I was stressing the days leading up to the wedding. Overall such a great experience!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Alicia · Married on 05/21/2016

As a bride, words cannot describe the absolute perfection that Katherine created for me on my wedding day. She is extremely talented, professional, sweet, patient & listened to all of my ideas. From the moment she styled my hair at the wedding trial, she executed what I envisioned & captured an elegant hairstyle. Of course on the wedding day- everything was flawless! She made my mother, my sisters & I feel stunning! I am beyond grateful to have shared my special day with her. I would without a doubt highly recommend One on One Salon to anyone for their wedding day and/or any special event! Thank you Kat for making me a beautiful bride!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Maria · Married on 10/03/2015

I had originally booked a different salon in the area for my wedding services, but after having some issues with the other salon during my trial, I contacted a couple of places and found Kat and her team based on a personal recommendation. Kat was amazing and so understanding - she quickly made sure that they could fit in my entire party (of 20 people!) with less than a month's notice, and she fit me in for a trial in less than 2 days. My experience at my trial was something that every bride should have - Robyn and Tori were so sweet, and they made me feel so comfortable giving them feedback and helping us all find the right style for the wedding. I have short hair, and Robyn managed the most amazing updo that made it look like my hair was at least 4" longer than it is! The makeup that Tori used both smells and feels amazing, and she does a great job making it look natural!

The girls all came to my house the morning of the wedding and set up shop there - they did a great job managing time and keeping to a schedule, so we were all ready before the photographer arrived. Kat, Robyn, Tori & Sarah were all amazing - I would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Meredith · Married on 10/03/2015

Kat and Robyn did an absolutely fantastic job on our wedding hair and make-up! I had some trouble choosing exactly how I wanted my hair for the wedding, and Kat was very patient with me and did multiple trials with me so I could choose. I loved my hair at the wedding and got lots of compliments on it. She also did an updo for my maid-of-honor and it was gorgeous. Also Robyn does amazing make-up and made me look flawless! They were both so sweet and easy to work with and did everything I wanted so I could feel happy and beautiful. Definitely worth booking them!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

Kathryn and her team did an amazing job on my wedding day! Kathryn gave me the wedding hair of my dreams along with making my mother and 6 bridesmaids all look beautiful! In total they tackled 8 girls hair and 3 girls makeup with ease. Everyone's hair styles were all completely different (updos, side-dos, curls, braids, blow outs) and they had the talent to do all of them beautifully. They were extremely flexible too! I had done a hair trial with her earlier in the week but on the day of my wedding, I asked if we could do something completely different. With no issues, Kathryn was more than happy to do a new style. We also added my sister Jillian to the list at the last minute and they were able to fit her in with no issues on time. They were very professional and had great energy the whole time. It is obvious that Kathryn loves what she does and she is with a doubt an expert! I had also the pleasure of getting a facial from Tori a few days before my wedding and that was an incredible experience. She made me feel completely relaxed which is a hard task a few days before your wedding! Plus the facial had me glowing! I highly recommend Kathryn and On One On Salon for any of your beauty needs!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Joanne · Married on 12/20/2014

Kat is the best at what she does!! She made my day the most perfect day! Her energy level is infectious. The most professional stylist I've met! She delivered everything she promised!!! She even arranged for my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup.. Absolutely the best!! Thanks Kat!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Jenna · Married on 11/22/2014

Kathryn from One on One salon is the absolute best! She did such an amazing job! She made me not only look beautiful for my wedding day, she made me feel beautiful as well. She has a great attention for detail and my hair and make up were flawless!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/11/2014

I would recommend Kat to anyone and everyone. I couldn't believe how beautiful she made me feel on my wedding day. My hair and make up looked absolutely flawless and completely natural. Kat made sure she understood exactly what I wanted and helped my features "pop" in my wedding photos while maintaining timeless styling. She went above and beyond to be accommodating, attentive, and professional. Kat made my special day as stress free and comfortable as possible- I cannot thank her enough! Her talent, style and grace make her the perfect cure for the wedding day jitters :)

Sent on 01/17/2015

Dana · Married on 09/27/2014

Kathryn is an absolute joy to work with! She makes sure every detail is taken care of and is a true professional. I couldn't have asked for better experience with her and her team on my big special day. We went over all the hair and make up styles I liked until she created a true masterpiece out of me! She is one of kind. Most stylists act like they care to get your business but she genuinely cares about her clients, it makes a huge difference. Despite her busy schedule she made me feel like the top bride on her priority list. My hair and make up lasted the entire day and evening without a hiccup, job well done! Her work is fantastic and her sweet personality is even better, I would highly recommend her to any bride :)

Sent on 02/16/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/06/2016

Kat did mine and my wife's hair for our wedding at Full Moon Resort. She was great work with, and really captured our style well. We recommend her for weddings in Hudson Valley!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Brian · Married on 01/20/2018

2.2
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

I was originally very excited to use them based on previous reviews and images of their work. My biggest disappointment with working with One on One was that they could not create the look I was asking for. I had one trial with them and several emails/calls to review what look I wanted. I thought that it might have just been my inability to communicate what specific look I wanted for hair and makeup but after seeing all of the attempts to explain what I wanted, and seeing the result on my wedding day, I was unsatisfied and left feeling like they did not have the expertise I originally believed they had. The hair looked beautiful on my wedding day but not what I had asked for - even though they said it did look like what I asked for. My makeup was very splotchy and heavy, and unfortunately I had to redo my makeup afterwards because I was unhappy with the result. I did not think what I was asking for was a complicated request (smoky eyes is a very common look). It's hard for me to write this review because they were very nice and friendly and easy to talk to, but based on my experience I cannot recommend this vendor for any wedding.

Sent on 02/11/2018