One Ocean Resort and Spa Reviews

54 Reviews for One Ocean Resort and Spa

1 User photo

One Ocean Resort and Spa 1

Allison · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely in love! Everything was beautiful, perfectly orchestrated, tasty, fun, and better than imagined! Sure the rooms were pricey but you get nothing but the best and It's so worth it! The staff was excellent and we loved it!

Oh and so much is included it's food&beverage, cake, venue for both ceremony and reception, place to stay, and a few other things, so much was included!

Stephanie · Married on 05/06/2017

One Ocean Resort was exactly what my fiance and I were looking for when we pictured our wedding venue. Not only is it a beautiful resort, it has a stunning and easily accessible beach. We LOVED the staff there as well. They made our day incredibly special and it was better than I'd ever pictured it would be. Their working relationship with Luxe Party Rentals made it extremely easy to get all of the ceremony/reception extras we wanted for the big day. Everything turned out perfectly thanks to Sara-Kate, Robin (our wedding coordinator who was included in the package), Toni and Jasmine. Thank you ladies for making our day extremely special!

• Y

Yvette · Married on 04/28/2017

Beautiful!!!! Great location and terrific setvice

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

We chose One Ocean Resort for our wedding reception on 10.01.2016. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out. With half our wedding guests flying in from out of town (total guest count of about 100 people), it was very important to my husband & I to host our wedding in a location where we actually hang out and where there were luxury accommodations, great service, and beautiful views to enjoy. One Ocean provided all of these things; our guests were so pampered during our wedding and their entire stay in the Jacksonville area. Jamie McCarthy (the catering manager we worked with) became more like a friend during the planning process, she had great ideas and experience to help us make decisions and present options the Resort could accommodate. This relationship became critical in the overall execution of the big day, she tailored everything to our style and vision. All that said, One Ocean was on the higher end of our budget - we spent about $19K including tax and gratuity - but it was absolutely worth the price to have such a high quality experience, caring staff, and beautiful setting for the day. If you're debating because of price, I would suggest considering the experience you want for the day when making your decision. I would spend it all over again. One Ocean truly facilitated the best day of our lives :-)

Megan · Married on 09/04/2016

Honestly, the only place to get married in Jacksonville. Many of our guests said that this place set the standard and that the food was the best wedding food they'd ever had! We got married a month ago and our family and friends are still raving about it!
    Jamie pretty much catered to our every whim and made sure everything was perfect! The pastry chef even did a custom cake (Croquembouche) for us instead of a usual wedding cake - we loved it! Somehow with the stormy weather that weekend we managed to have a beautiful outdoor wedding!
    Also, Bartender was absolutely fantastic and the banquet manager made sure we had extra everything at the last minute. One Ocean staff are top notch all around!

Mark · Married on 04/01/2016

Book now. They will help you with EVERYTHING and every staff member is knowledgeable, efficient, and it was the best we could have ever hoped for. The earlier you book here, the better, because they will assist with the entire process and answer questions you didn't even know you had.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2015

My husband and I booked our wedding in Jacksonville before we knew we would be moving to Nashville for his work. I was very apprehensive about planning a wedding from out-of-state, but the One Ocean staff made me feel great about the decision. I was born and raised in Jacksonville Beach and knew that One Ocean would be a great place to get married, but I they truly went above and beyond my expectations and I now believe it is the best place at the beach, in Jacksonville, and the Southeast for that matter! For example, we had a farewell brunch for our guests on the Sunday following the marriage and very few people had RSVP’d. I made an estimate that 70 would attend and we had more like 95 (at least) come. One Ocean accommodated our guests by flawlessly bringing out more food, tables, and chairs. I didn’t even know they did so until after the brunch was over! They did so much for us (and so much I probably didn’t even realize they did) and we couldn’t be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you! #wortheverypenny

paul · Married on 10/18/2014

Great location - everything was perfect

• User4372016 · 2+ years ago

Loving setting, fantastic service and extraordinary culinary delight. Our rehearsal dinner was at One Ocean. We had people come in from all over including Floridians, D. C., California, Colorado, Georgia, New York, Switzerland and Germany. Everyone was delighted with the accommodations, atmosphere, and food. Sarah Seibers is the best at venue coordination. We will be back!

Tricia · Married on 05/25/2014

amazing and flawless! need I say more!! LOVED my wedding here! But better than that is it is only a few miles away to always continue to enjoy a cocktail or bite to eat!!! Great resort on all levels for any occasion!

One Ocean definitely exceeded all of my expectations! I had my ceremony overlooking the ocean with the perfect amount of shade for the guests...it could not have been more beautiful or romantic!! The weather was a little hotter than normal, so I held the reception inside and it turned out to be just the right size for mingling and a dance floor. The food was absolutely wonderful and Wayne, our "docent" was there to make sure that we were never without a drink.
    I cannot say enough about Sarah Seibers, the catering manager. My every request and change was met with a solution and out of all of my vendors she was by far the most competent and pleasant to work with. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding at One Ocean!

Lakecia · Married on 05/10/2014

One Ocean was by far the best experience I could ever ask for!!

Kristin · Married on 12/27/2013

One Ocean is the best place to have a wedding. My wedding day was literally perfect. The staff is so helpful and on top of everything. The venue is absolutly beautiful, it's right on the beach, it's a great place for pictures. They have a lot of cool things going on inside the resort as well for pictures. Sarah was our catering manager and nothing was left out, she was really on top of it. The food was excellent, the cake was beautiful and just how I wanted it. It was seriously perfect. Multiple people told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Sherri · Married on 12/27/2013

A beautiful venue and so easy to work with. Friendly staff, fabulous food and the wedding cake was included in price. Pastry Chef took the picture of the cake desired and did it perfectly plus it was delicious. Several positive remarks on the venue and food from friends and family

Nilda · Married on 07/12/2013

One Ocean is a beautiful location and working with Sarah (the catering coordinator) made it even better! She really listened to everything we wanted and made sure that it happened. The food was DIVINE (everyone has told us how much they loved it!) the cake was delicious and our Jaguars grooms cake turned out great. I know Sarah does this all the time, but she really makes you feel special when you are working with her.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 04/12/2013

We cannot say enough wonderful things about One Ocean Resort! EVERYONE loved this place! Sarah and Stephanie were so easy to work with and so extremely responsive. We had a minor issue with flowers on the day of the wedding and Stephanie took care of it in minutes. The food for our reception was UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously...everyone was talking about the grouper and the scalloped potatoes after the wedding. We are so happy with chose to have our wedding at One Ocean...it was beautiful and the staff is just incredible. We could not thank them enough. If I had to do it over again, I would still have my wedding at One Ocean. Thank you!

I'm so glad we picked One Ocean it was the perfect place to have our Wedding at! The food was so good and the venue was so amazing. The hotel staff were on top of everything to make our day special. I wouldn't of had my wedding anywhere else

Misty · Married on 11/17/2012

One Ocean was the absolute best place that anyone could ever have a wedding in Florida! From the minute we arrived, everyone was pleasant, professional, and extremely accommodating to every one of our needs. They made us feel very comfortable every step of the way. We were working and planning our wedding with them while working in Afghanistan and they created a stress-free wedding for me! Between Stephanie Seltzer (wedding coordinator) and Sarah Siebers (banquet coordinator), they helped to ensure everything went perfectly and not to mention I felt like I was the only bride on the face of the Earth who wasn't stressed about their wedding ;-) They had an excellent 'plan B' for the rainy weather, they were very detailed and ensured that everything went as planned. Also, I never met the chef due to being overseas, but I have to give him credit for excellent food and a beautiful wedding cake!! Everyone from the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out was pleasant and all of our guests were very impressed with everything! Thank you so much One Ocean!! Misty & Ryan Perry

• Amber Maeda

Amber · Married on 04/28/2012

One Ocean Wedding Experience

Our One Ocean wedding experience was totally awesome. The venue is beach glamorous. We did a brunch theme and the scenery is the fanciest around. Megan G. is incredible to work with and so accommodating. I highly recommend staying in a suite to get ready. Our guests loved the veranda ceremony with a modern strings band and ocean view. The food is phenomenal!!! Everyone loved the oysters, grouper, omelet station and most of the moist chocolate bundt. I went with fancy full bunches of blue orchids and that looked fantastic in the ballroom! If you want a day of luxury - have your wedding here. You will get incredible photos on the winding staircase as well! I have too many amazing things to fit in this description! Spend the money and you will never forget your day!

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2012

The hotel and staff was amazing, and did everything we wanted and contracted with them.

Everyone was very helpful and attentive.

Angela · Married on 05/28/2011

Working with Robin Camp and the entire staff at One Ocean was a terrific experience. Our wedding was a wonderful experience to remember because of One Ocean.

Christine · Married on 03/26/2011

The Best Experience

All I can say is this place is amazing all the way around! Thank you for making our wedding day and night one to remember. Awesome food, hotel service and the spa was amazing! Everything was great. Can’t wait to come back to celebrate our anniversary!!

One Ocean Resort and Spa 2

Heather · Married on 10/15/2010

We started out with a vision of our dream wedding, which didn't look much like a wedding at all. I wanted a short but sweet ceremony followed by a great party. One Ocean was able to provide a beautiful space on the outside Verandina that fit 100 guests perfectly. It was a great choice to do the ceremony and reception all in one space (no travel required). We chose an open bar and passed food (instead of a sit down dinner) and had 100 happy guests. The space was set up like a cocktail lounge and only needed a few small floral arrangements and tons of candles (huge savings). The staff was wonderful and the food and beverage was worth every penny. Also a million wonderful places for great photo ops.

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2010

The venue is breathtakingly gorgeous. The staff is impeccable, treating each guests like royalty from the moment they open your car door to the moment they bid you farewell. Robin Camp is the most wonderful Catering Sales Manager you could possibly ask for. She was our greatest asset, making sure everything was taken care of from the pre-planning to our last dance. This would not be a complete and accurate statement without commenting on the Chef whose presentation of our dinner was as impressive as the taste itself. I can not close without saying that the pastry chef worked magic on our cake.
    The entire experience was simply perfect. I’d like for us to renew our vows annually…same time, same place, every year!