ONE North Broad Reviews

41 | Philadelphia, PA

41 Reviews for ONE North Broad

Kyle Birmingham · Getting married on 02/01/2021

Amazing venue and even better staff!

As two working professionals planning our own wedding, we needed partners not just vendors to pull off our dream wedding. Sue and the team at One North Broad were our MVP. Sue was available and responsive whenever we had questions. She helped us think through the entire wedding not just the items related to the venue. We didn't hire a wedding planner, but honestly with Sue it felt like we had one. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and we still have friends tell us it was the most fun they have had at a wedding.

Terri and Catering By Design were also all-stars. The food was delicious and no one had trouble getting a drink. Terri worked with us to stay in budget and deliver an epic party.

Sue and team also have character. Shortly after our wedding, we moved cities and in the process lost our deposit refund check. Sue reached out to ask why we hadn't cashed the check and made sure we got another one. She didn't need to do that but she was looking out for us.

The venue is stunning and you'll likely pick ONB based on how incredible your photos will look; but from our experience, the people are even better.

Sent on 04/24/2020
  • DeAnna

DeAnna Supplee · Married on 02/01/2020

A Real Philadelphia Story

Our wedding was truly a masterpiece. I know everyone says and thinks that of their wedding day, but it truly was--and so much of that has to do with the One North Broad Team and Catering By Design. My husband and I met in Philadelphia (where I am also from) so we wanted our wedding in Philly even though we live in New York City. For this reason, we knew that we needed a solid/responsive team to work with because so many of our interactions would be virtual. ONB and CBD were it! I will try to break this review down in sections because I vividly remember those days of scanning reviews/comments, trying to get the real dish/details on a venue before deciding to visit or book.

CORRESPONDENCE/SETTING UP INITIAL VISIT
    Sue Cunnane, the director of Sales/Events at ONB, is THE best. She is ON IT. I found the best way to get in touch with her was via email, but she never hesitated to jump on a call with us if/when we needed. I initially reached out to her/ONB through their website, and I heard back from her immediately. I had a list of questions that I asked venues before even deciding to visit, just to ensure they met our criteria/budget, and Sue answered them all. I found many venues were not as transparent about their prices/process--and forced you to schedule a visit to get information, which would ultimately prove a waste of time and resources. This was not the case with Sue, she provided great insight which led to our scheduling an in-person visit that worked well for our schedule since we were traveling down from NYC. On the day of our visit, both Sue and Terri Fair (Catering By Design Event Specialist) greeted us and gave us a VERY detailed tour and wedding information packet.

CATERING BY DESIGN
    CBD is ONB's exclusive caterer. Initially, we were hesitant about venues that had exclusive caterers because we are FOODIES and we wanted the venue and catering decisions to be separate. However, CBD did not come to play! Knowing how passionate we were about choosing ONB as our venue, but unsure of CBD as our caterer, Terri arranged for us to have a tasting BEFORE we made the official commitment. To me that gesture alone demonstrated that they were not just invested in receiving our money/business, but committed to proving they could be the perfect fit for our perfect day. What also sold us on CBD was their many many catering options. A lot of catering companies have their set menu tiers with set prices, and you just pick from a list. CBD, however, works within your budget and food preferences to make your dreams reality! While we still opted for a traditional seated dinner, we had the option to do family-style, buffet, etc... And the range of food options from their hors d'oeuvres to their entrees were overwhelming in the best way imaginable! A foodie heaven!

[SOME] REASONS WE BOOKED/SAID YES
    -Thorough and timely communication. My husband is a lawyer, and he had a LOT of question, comments, and concerns! Sue/Terri answered every single one in a timely and professional manner
    -Ceremony and Reception all in one. We got married in February, so we did not want to ask our guests to travel from one ceremony location to another reception location. We felt as though that also ruins the momentum. Furthermore, we did not want a venue where they would have to convert the ceremony space into the reception place during cocktail hour. We wanted distinct and designated spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour, AND reception. ONB has that with their ornate ceremony rooms upstairs (so many to choose from--we went with Renaissance Hall) which lead out to the Foyer Under the Stars for the cocktail hour, and the Ballroom on the first floor for the reception.
    -Central/Downtown location. Location is EVERYTHING and ONB is in the best location for a city wedding. Easy for out-of-towners to find and get to, and closely located to all the best hotels.
    -Designated Bride AND Groom Suite (Groom/Groomsmen deserve a suite too!)
    -Grand Staircase-- always wanted one and KNEW many iconic photos would be taken there by bridal party and guests alike.

I could go on forever, but will try to tie this up. We did not have a wedding planner, nor did we hire a traditional florist-- I did a LOT myself with the help of family. I was worried how this would play out with getting decor and flowers to and from the venue (we had a lot: menus, signs, name plates, centerpieces, etc). I later realized I had no reason to worry. We decided on a day for pick up AND drop off, and the amazing staff at ONB helped us to both load in and load out-- providing efficient customer service that was out of this world!

Choose ONB if you want not only an elegant Philadelphia wedding, but a personalized experience with staff that puts YOU and your needs/desires first and creates an as close to a stress-free process wedding planning could ever be!

Sent on 04/23/2020

marian pitkin · Married on 12/21/2019

One North Broad is AMAZING!

One North Broad was an amazing place to host my daughters wedding! Sue and Terri were very organized and responsive to our questions and requests. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Our friends are still talking about what a wonderful time they had!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh Latonick · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing experience from start to finish

This is an incredible venue. Book now! Sue is so sweet (as is Terri, of Catering By Design), and incredibly helpful. The venue is just extrodinary, so unique and so beautiful. Our wedding day was seamless. Our guests had an amazing time, and the entire process was stress-free. We wanted to have an all-in-one venue and this truly fit the bill. There's a ton hotels within walking distance, and everything was just so easy. It was truly a on-of-a-kind experience and I cannot recommend it enough. The ceremony rooms are so cool. The reception room is regal and feels so grand. The staff were helpful and professional, but Sue and Terri really make the day so perfect and everything go off without a hitch. I was able to plan my dream wedding in 11 months with their help, and it got everything I wanted, and it wasn't beyond our budget. The value is 10/10. It's cliche, but it really was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 04/09/2020
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 10/05/2019

Spectacular wedding venue and process

There are truly no words for how special One North Broad is, and we feel lucky to have had our wedding there in October 2019. Throughout the entire process, Sue made it so easy. We took multiple tours with family members when they visited the city and could not be more appreciative that Sue was able to accommodate us each time. Sue helped us make our vision a reality. We were able to share so much history with our families, and the space was the perfect blend of event and experience. Finding a venue that felt both grand and intimate seems impossible, but ONE absolutely is able to do both. Thank you for our dream day!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Rachel C Gross · Married on 10/05/2019

Wedding Ceremony

We used ONE for our wedding ceremony and it was amazing. Gorgeous venue and really good people. Sue was super helpful and responsive during the planning process and critical making sure things ran smoothly on the day of. This is a great venue right in the heart of Philadelphia.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Esther Morales · Married on 09/27/2019

A dream come true!

Sue Cunnane and the Masonic Temple staff made our wedding day absolutely perfect. Sue is the absolute best there is!!! Sue was there for us every step of the way. She coordinated with all of our vendors and answered all of our questions. We felt so supported and at ease during the whole wedding planning process knowing Sue had everything under control. The staff were splendid and could not have been more accommodating. Everyone was so professional, welcoming and warm. Our florist who is also a family member said she was blown away and that this is the best team she's every worked with. This is the most incredibly beautiful venue and so full of history, it really was a dream come true for us. We could not be happier and can't recommend Sue and the Masonic Temple enough!!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie S · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible Venue with Incredible Staff

I was married here September 2019 (ceremony and reception). The venue speaks for itself if you visit. To top it off the venue coordinators are a pleasure to work with. Sue and Emily were immediately responsive to every email and inquiry in the planning process and helped ease my worries. They reached out to all of our outside vendors so that we did not have to deal with day of scheduling or headaches. Day of the wedding I had no worries at all - everything was in place, timing was on point with smooth transitions. They work wonderfully with the exclusive caterer for the venue so it just felt like one big team was working together to make your big day perfect. With such a unique and beautiful venue and awesome team our wedding will be unforgettable.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Kathy · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Venue!

One North Broad is such a beautiful venue! We had such a great time! Sue and Emily were so wonderful to work with! They made sure we had the exact wedding we wanted. They were very responsive, very easy to work with, and very accommodating. I especially appreciated all of their help with everything on the wedding day, they made sure everything went smoothly in every way! I can’t say enough about how nice this venue is!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Melissa Santos · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Venue and Invaluable Coordinators

Sue and Emily were amazing in coordinating the order of events for the ceremony and met with me and my family countless times leading up to the ceremony in order to make sure that our wedding went off as smoothly as possible. The venue is gorgeous and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a venue.

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Britt

Britt · Married on 08/10/2019

The best wedding!

One North Broad was an amazing location for our wedding ceremony and reception. Sue and Emily were fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. It was gorgeous and unique and we couldn't be happier about how smooth everything ran and how great the day was!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Jenn · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible Experience

Our experience with One North Broad and Sue especially was enjoyable and stress-free from the start. Sue is incredible! From day one, she was responsive and went above and beyond to make our day special. The venue is stunning and our guests loved being in the space. I could not be happier with our experience at One North Broad. I HIGHLY recommend to those looking for a unique space.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Julie · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Venue!

ONE North Broad was the most beautiful place to have our wedding! Our guests were incredibly impressed with venue and couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was. Sue was wonderful to work with. She answers questions so quickly and was so helpful! We loved ONE, it was perfect!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 12/01/2018

ONE North Broad

We had a wonderful and stress-free experience working with Sue and Terri at ONE North Broad for our wedding this past month. From the booking to the whole planning process, both Sue and Terri were very easy to reach via email and cell and were very quick to reply to and ease any of our concerns that came up. All of our guests are still raving about how beautiful the historic venue was and how elegant the wedding was!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Jodi Madonna · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing venue

One North Broad and working with Sue was such an exceptional experience. My daughters wedding was perfect in every way. Sue, I can’t thank you and your staff enough for such an amazing event. Highly recommend One North Broad!!!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

We were wowed by the beauty of the venue immediately! Our experience with Sue throughout the planning and right through til then end of the night was impeccable! The wedding was a dream come true!!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Adrienne · Married on 07/21/2018

“One” North Broad is a magnificent venue which will leave your wedding guests in awe. The level of service is outstanding, Sue Cunnane is on top of everything, from the first meeting to the end of the reception. We couldn’t have have asked for a better place to have our daughter’s ceremony and reception.She fell in love with the place at her visit and never looked at any other venue.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Anna · Married on 07/13/2018

We received so many compliments about ONE North Broad from our guests. They couldn’t believe how amazing and beautiful this venue is. We booked it off of pictures alone, living outside of Philadelphia, and cannot imagine how much beyond our expectations ONE took us. Working with Sue and the team here was an absolute dream come true and they made everything about our day perfection.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Judy · Married on 05/12/2018

One North Broad offers a truly magical experience. The grand halls, highly ornate architecture and classical music playing in surround, make you feel like you are in a dream. The food was outstanding and the service was exceptional. Terri and Sue were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Maryn · Married on 05/12/2018

I cannot say enough good things about One North Broad and our coordinator Sue. She made the whole experience easy and was extremely good about answering all of our questions (we had a lot) and accommodating all of our needs. She has all the necessary experience - which really helped to make my life a lot easier. Additionally, the historic venue was absolutely incredible. We wanted something timeless and elegant - this venue certainly fit the bill. We had the building all to ourselves for the wedding - and Sue's attention was solely focused on our event when it finally came. If you book this venue, you will not be disappointed. I know every bride always says their wedding was the best - but I feel as though Sue and One North Broad truly made it an unforgettable experience for myself, my husband, and our guests.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Ryanne · Married on 04/21/2018

One North Broad was the perfect backdrop to host our wedding reception. We had 220 guests that traveled to Philly from all over for the weekend. They were absolutely stunned by the beauty, history and uniqueness of the venue and still haven't stopped talking about it! Upon arrival, they were guided upstairs by the amazing Catering by Design staff where we had a cocktail hour in the black and white tiled 2nd floor hallway. ONB also had two of the meeting rooms open with docents in them - giving our guests the opportunity to learn a little of the building's fascinating history. At the end of the cocktail hour, guests were guided down to the ballroom where tables were set beautifully, amber lighting lit up the ornate pillars and the band was playing while the bronze statue of Ben Franklin loomed in the back. This room is seriously beautiful and definitely what caught our eye during our first visit. The stained glass windows, ornate tiled floor, beautiful statues all make for a grand and historic feel. Our wedding felt so classic, a formal affair with a nod to the deep and rich history of Philadelphia. Our guests can't stop talking about what a great place it was. We planned this wedding from afar and can't say enough about how easy it was. Sue was amazing to work with and helped make all of it come to life so perfectly. If you're looking for a place that will feel special and really wow your guests, you should definitely pick One North Broad!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/20/2018

We had a very enjoyable, easy time booking and working with ONE. The wedding was gorgeous and Sue made sure everything was taken care of!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Alexis · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding was beyond what I could have ever imagined, the venue was amazing as was the food and the service. Everything was taken care of for me, I wasn’t stressed at all leading up to the wedding because of the level of detail and professionalism I received from sue and Nancy. Our guests still can’t get over the venue and food!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2018

Where to even begin?! We are still on cloud 9 from yesterday's Brides, Bubbly & Brunch event at ONE North Broad. Thank you to the ONE N. Broad team for all your time, help, insight, support, and truly hard work that went into making Brides, Bubbly & Brunch another success! We were thrilled to have the opportunity to host this year’s event at ONE North Broad again and are so happy with how the event went.

Our partners and the guests were blown away yet again with the countless stunning elements of the venue, the delicious food, and activation throughout Brides, Bubbly. We cannot thank you enough! It’s been such a pleasure working on the past two events with you. 2018 Brides, Bubbly was our biggest one to-date and it was truly seamless.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Elaina · Married on 01/13/2018

i reached out to Sue at One North Broad inquiring about a ceremony space. She called me the very next morning and was incredibly transparent about my wedding ceremony options and pricing. I met with her just a couple of days later to view the spaces and was absolutely AMAZED by the beauty of the space! Sue was so helpful and kept the communication open between us, even reaching out to my vendors to make sure they were all set with space and plan. My husband and I are still in shock by the perfection of our day. Thank you!

Sent on 01/22/2018