ONE North Broad Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Dan
    Dan W. Married on 10/15/2021

Fantastic Team

The whole crew at One North Broad was a pleasure to work with. We had an amazing wedding and things went as scheduled and smoothly
  • Lola
    Lola S. Married on 10/09/2021

Best wedding venue in Philadelphia!!!

We love One North Broad!!! Words cannot describe how beautiful and unique this place is! We were so lucky that we came across this venue by just searching for wedding venues in Center City Philadelphia. I always passed by this location, but I never thought this could be a wedding venue! I grew up in Philadelphia and always felt a connection to the city, and there is not a better place than this historic building to show some of the history of Philadelphia! It is truly unbelievable; it feels like walking into a museum and a cathedral at the same place! As soon as we walked in we were in awe with this place, we knew right away that we wanted to have our wedding here and made our decision the same day! We felt privileged that they allow weddings in this place! Every corner of this building is so different and unique! We had the ceremony in the Renaissance Hall, our guests felt as if they were attending a royal wedding! We received so many compliments, they had a tour of some of the other rooms as well. The ballroom for the reception was also spectacular! Most importantly, there is also a great team of wedding coordinators (Natalie, Sue, and Sara) that made our wedding experience the best!! From the first tour, to the planning that came after it, everything flowed so smoothly on the wedding day!! We didn't have to worry about anything other than enjoy our wedding day with all our friends and family! We LOVE this venue, and highly recommend it!!!
  • Laura
    Laura C. Married on 08/14/2021

A stunning venue and vendors that feel like friends

Weeks later, my guests are still talking about the beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, and great time they had at our wedding at ONE North Broad. The building is stunning and my guests were thrilled to be able to take tours of the historic venue. So many said they never knew such an amazing building existed in Philadelphia. They also enjoyed dancing the night away in front of Ben Franklin in the Grand Ballroom. In my experience with previous weddings, the food was not memorable, but my guests are still raving about the food and decor from the exclusive caterer, Catering By Design. But most importantly, for me, a bride planning during COVID, it was the support of Natalie, Sara, and the rest of the team from ONE North Broad, as well as Terri from Catering By Design, that mattered the most. They went above and beyond to help make the day special and honestly felt like both friends and wedding-planners throughout the whole process. I had so many problems come up due to COVID, but the grace and astuteness with which the team handled our day and all the days leading up to it was so touching. I cannot recommend the venue and the ONE North Broad team highly enough.
    Joshua B. Married on 07/31/2021

Spectacular Venue!!

The venue itself is incredible, and we received compliments our entire wedding night on how beautiful it was. From an experience standpoint, Sue and the team were amazing throughout the planning process, including through multiple COVID delays. The team at ONE North Broad will take all the stress out of the day and deliver an incredible event all your guests will be talking about for days/months/years after. Could not recommend more highly!
    Elina G. Married on 07/24/2021

Book them!

I can not write a review to express how incredibly amazing the team (Sue, Natalie, & Sara) as well as the venue was....but I'll try. This was the first venue that my now husband and I visited and we immediately fell in love. From the moment you walk in (and your guests) your eyes don't know where to go..the marble columns, the stained glass or the beauty & the beast stairs case...the building itself will leave you speechless. We had multiple guests comment that they have been to hundreds of weddings, including exclusive clubs, and this by far was the most incredible venue. We had our reception in the Corinthean room and it certainly took my breathe away as I was walking down the aisle. The cocktail our is perfect for guests in the Foyer under the stars and our reception was in the grand ball room downstairs - I would highly recommend the uplighting as it added an extra element to the experience. That's what our wedding was, an experience. Now let me tell you about the support team. We booked the venue in early 2019 with Sue for a May 2020 wedding....and then Covid happened. Sue & her team were the MOST supportive, kind and caring staff I could've imagined. They were flexible when we needed to change the date (twice) and helped us coordinate with the other vendors. They are genuinely amazing people and did everything in their power to make sure all of the details were taken care of so that we were not stressed. They are efficient, knowledgeable, and amazing to work with. They have a 'vendor list' which is where we picked the MOST incredible band & photographer from! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. BOOK THEM!!!
  • Casey
    Casey W. Married on 04/10/2021

ONE North Broad made my dreams come true!

Having our wedding at ONE North Broad was beyond magical! Not only is the space absolutely exquisite, the team is beyond compare. Sue, Natalie and Terri made us feel so special --- they are so organized and understanding, especially when planning during the challenging pandemic times. We had big ideas for food and decor and they executed them all flawlessly and made the day stress-free and exactly how we imagined it to be. The ONE North Broad venue wowed our guests and we would not change a thing! Thanks again for making our dreams come true!
  • Moira
    Moira B. Married on 01/23/2021

The People Set it Apart!

All wedding venues are beautiful, and ONE has so many gorgeous spots to take photos, but what really sets this venue apart are the people who work there! We had to reschedule our wedding and change venues due to COVID in the spring and selected ONE as the reception venue for our winter wedding. Natalie was immediately so responsive and her virtual tour was an excellent way to "see" ONE. We booked with ONE without ever seeing the venue in person, and we are so happy we did! The wedding planning process was tumultuous as Philadelphia COVID restrictions were changed many times; but Sue, Natalie, and Sara were there for us every step of the way! They were so creative with ways in which we could use the spaces depending on how many guests we would potentially be allowed to have. We had so many meetings (both happy and sad) and every time, I came away feeling that these ladies really cared and wanted to make the best of whatever was possible. We found out that we would be unable to have any reception at this amazing venue (due to COVID restrictions) less than two weeks before our wedding but they still allowed us to take our portraits in this beautiful building! It was perfect because now we have gorgeous pictures (safely) that we will cherish forever! As a bride who worked with another venue before ONE, I can say that they are not all created equal and when you work with this team you are getting a group of passionate, caring, professional people who will do their absolute best for you and your big day!

Photos: Laura Briggs Photography
  • Diana
    Diana L. Married on 11/28/2020

Magnificent

This venue, the staff, the catering, the details of lighting made our whole wedding day magical. Our guests were in awe of the magnificence of the venue. Make One North Broad your wedding home because they will forever be your family! Sue, Terri , Sarah, Natalie and everyone else, we can not thank you enough! You are all the best!
  • Shannon
    Shannon B. Married on 09/18/2020

Dream Wedding

Not only is One North Broad the most breath taking venue, the entire team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect and COVID friendly. Our wedding photos are incredible thanks to the opulent but unique aesthetic and the whole day was just a dream!
    Tom Married on 05/09/2020

Perfect wedding experience!

We were absolutely thrilled to have wedding ceremony and reception at One North Broad. Sue, Natalie, Sara, and the rest of the One North Broad team worked so hard and were incredibly flexible and responsive given everything that happened this year, and did everything they could to make our special day perfect. The venue is beautiful and unique, and all of our guests really enjoyed their experience. We would highly recommend One North Broad to anyone looking for wonderful wedding experience!
  • Fiona
    Fiona Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect day

ONE was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. Our guests are still talking about the stunning venue and the food!

Terri and her crew made sure that the food was incredible, and served to accommodate the nights events without any disruption. They made sure every request was accommodated to a T - true professionals.

Sue and her team at ONE were SO helpful and made us feel like family. Sue walked us through each step patiently leading up to the day. We had full confidence in her team and didn’t have to worry about a thing but to dance and have an amazing night. She was genuine in her opinion, understanding of our wants and needs, and flexible to help us deliver the most perfect celebration.

The venue couldn’t have been more perfect. We were looking for an “Old Philly” style wedding, and ONE was just that. From the cocktail hour under the stars, to pictures on the grand staircase, to the magnificent statue and stained glass in the Grand Ball Room, it couldn’t have hit our theme more. It was classy, fun, and full of history - all at the same time.
    (Photos by Janae Rose Photography)
  • DeAnna
    Deanna S. Married on 02/01/2020

A Real Philadelphia Story

Our wedding was truly a masterpiece. I know everyone says and thinks that of their wedding day, but it truly was--and so much of that has to do with the One North Broad Team and Catering By Design. My husband and I met in Philadelphia (where I am also from) so we wanted our wedding in Philly even though we live in New York City. For this reason, we knew that we needed a solid/responsive team to work with because so many of our interactions would be virtual. ONB and CBD were it! I will try to break this review down in sections because I vividly remember those days of scanning reviews/comments, trying to get the real dish/details on a venue before deciding to visit or book.

CORRESPONDENCE/SETTING UP INITIAL VISIT
    Sue Cunnane, the director of Sales/Events at ONB, is THE best. She is ON IT. I found the best way to get in touch with her was via email, but she never hesitated to jump on a call with us if/when we needed. I initially reached out to her/ONB through their website, and I heard back from her immediately. I had a list of questions that I asked venues before even deciding to visit, just to ensure they met our criteria/budget, and Sue answered them all. I found many venues were not as transparent about their prices/process--and forced you to schedule a visit to get information, which would ultimately prove a waste of time and resources. This was not the case with Sue, she provided great insight which led to our scheduling an in-person visit that worked well for our schedule since we were traveling down from NYC. On the day of our visit, both Sue and Terri Fair (Catering By Design Event Specialist) greeted us and gave us a VERY detailed tour and wedding information packet.

CATERING BY DESIGN
    CBD is ONB's exclusive caterer. Initially, we were hesitant about venues that had exclusive caterers because we are FOODIES and we wanted the venue and catering decisions to be separate. However, CBD did not come to play! Knowing how passionate we were about choosing ONB as our venue, but unsure of CBD as our caterer, Terri arranged for us to have a tasting BEFORE we made the official commitment. To me that gesture alone demonstrated that they were not just invested in receiving our money/business, but committed to proving they could be the perfect fit for our perfect day. What also sold us on CBD was their many many catering options. A lot of catering companies have their set menu tiers with set prices, and you just pick from a list. CBD, however, works within your budget and food preferences to make your dreams reality! While we still opted for a traditional seated dinner, we had the option to do family-style, buffet, etc... And the range of food options from their hors d'oeuvres to their entrees were overwhelming in the best way imaginable! A foodie heaven!

[SOME] REASONS WE BOOKED/SAID YES
    -Thorough and timely communication. My husband is a lawyer, and he had a LOT of question, comments, and concerns! Sue/Terri answered every single one in a timely and professional manner
    -Ceremony and Reception all in one. We got married in February, so we did not want to ask our guests to travel from one ceremony location to another reception location. We felt as though that also ruins the momentum. Furthermore, we did not want a venue where they would have to convert the ceremony space into the reception place during cocktail hour. We wanted distinct and designated spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour, AND reception. ONB has that with their ornate ceremony rooms upstairs (so many to choose from--we went with Renaissance Hall) which lead out to the Foyer Under the Stars for the cocktail hour, and the Ballroom on the first floor for the reception.
    -Central/Downtown location. Location is EVERYTHING and ONB is in the best location for a city wedding. Easy for out-of-towners to find and get to, and closely located to all the best hotels.
    -Designated Bride AND Groom Suite (Groom/Groomsmen deserve a suite too!)
    -Grand Staircase-- always wanted one and KNEW many iconic photos would be taken there by bridal party and guests alike.

I could go on forever, but will try to tie this up. We did not have a wedding planner, nor did we hire a traditional florist-- I did a LOT myself with the help of family. I was worried how this would play out with getting decor and flowers to and from the venue (we had a lot: menus, signs, name plates, centerpieces, etc). I later realized I had no reason to worry. We decided on a day for pick up AND drop off, and the amazing staff at ONB helped us to both load in and load out-- providing efficient customer service that was out of this world!

Choose ONB if you want not only an elegant Philadelphia wedding, but a personalized experience with staff that puts YOU and your needs/desires first and creates an as close to a stress-free process wedding planning could ever be!
    Marian P. Married on 12/21/2019

One North Broad is AMAZING!

One North Broad was an amazing place to host my daughters wedding! Sue and Terri were very organized and responsive to our questions and requests. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Our friends are still talking about what a wonderful time they had!
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh L. Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing experience from start to finish

This is an incredible venue. Book now! Sue is so sweet (as is Terri, of Catering By Design), and incredibly helpful. The venue is just extrodinary, so unique and so beautiful. Our wedding day was seamless. Our guests had an amazing time, and the entire process was stress-free. We wanted to have an all-in-one venue and this truly fit the bill. There's a ton hotels within walking distance, and everything was just so easy. It was truly a on-of-a-kind experience and I cannot recommend it enough. The ceremony rooms are so cool. The reception room is regal and feels so grand. The staff were helpful and professional, but Sue and Terri really make the day so perfect and everything go off without a hitch. I was able to plan my dream wedding in 11 months with their help, and it got everything I wanted, and it wasn't beyond our budget. The value is 10/10. It's cliche, but it really was the best day of our lives!
    Rachel G. Married on 10/05/2019

Wedding Ceremony

We used ONE for our wedding ceremony and it was amazing. Gorgeous venue and really good people. Sue was super helpful and responsive during the planning process and critical making sure things ran smoothly on the day of. This is a great venue right in the heart of Philadelphia.
  • Alison
    Alison Married on 10/05/2019

Spectacular wedding venue and process

There are truly no words for how special One North Broad is, and we feel lucky to have had our wedding there in October 2019. Throughout the entire process, Sue made it so easy. We took multiple tours with family members when they visited the city and could not be more appreciative that Sue was able to accommodate us each time. Sue helped us make our vision a reality. We were able to share so much history with our families, and the space was the perfect blend of event and experience. Finding a venue that felt both grand and intimate seems impossible, but ONE absolutely is able to do both. Thank you for our dream day!
    Esther M. Married on 09/27/2019

A dream come true!

Sue Cunnane and the Masonic Temple staff made our wedding day absolutely perfect. Sue is the absolute best there is!!! Sue was there for us every step of the way. She coordinated with all of our vendors and answered all of our questions. We felt so supported and at ease during the whole wedding planning process knowing Sue had everything under control. The staff were splendid and could not have been more accommodating. Everyone was so professional, welcoming and warm. Our florist who is also a family member said she was blown away and that this is the best team she's every worked with. This is the most incredibly beautiful venue and so full of history, it really was a dream come true for us. We could not be happier and can't recommend Sue and the Masonic Temple enough!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible Venue with Incredible Staff

I was married here September 2019 (ceremony and reception). The venue speaks for itself if you visit. To top it off the venue coordinators are a pleasure to work with. Sue and Emily were immediately responsive to every email and inquiry in the planning process and helped ease my worries. They reached out to all of our outside vendors so that we did not have to deal with day of scheduling or headaches. Day of the wedding I had no worries at all - everything was in place, timing was on point with smooth transitions. They work wonderfully with the exclusive caterer for the venue so it just felt like one big team was working together to make your big day perfect. With such a unique and beautiful venue and awesome team our wedding will be unforgettable.
    Kathy Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Venue!

One North Broad is such a beautiful venue! We had such a great time! Sue and Emily were so wonderful to work with! They made sure we had the exact wedding we wanted. They were very responsive, very easy to work with, and very accommodating. I especially appreciated all of their help with everything on the wedding day, they made sure everything went smoothly in every way! I can’t say enough about how nice this venue is!
  • Britt
    Britt Married on 08/10/2019

The best wedding!

One North Broad was an amazing location for our wedding ceremony and reception. Sue and Emily were fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. It was gorgeous and unique and we couldn't be happier about how smooth everything ran and how great the day was!
    Melissa S. Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Venue and Invaluable Coordinators

Sue and Emily were amazing in coordinating the order of events for the ceremony and met with me and my family countless times leading up to the ceremony in order to make sure that our wedding went off as smoothly as possible. The venue is gorgeous and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a venue.
    Lewis M. Married on 06/08/2019

Beautifully surreal wedding ceremony at Corinthian Hall!

This space has such an interesting history that made for a beautiful and surreal wedding for us in Corinthian Hall at 1 N. Broad. Sue and her team were absolutely phenomenal and helped every step of the way. We really appreciate her! Thank you again Sue!
    Jenn Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible Experience

Our experience with One North Broad and Sue especially was enjoyable and stress-free from the start. Sue is incredible! From day one, she was responsive and went above and beyond to make our day special. The venue is stunning and our guests loved being in the space. I could not be happier with our experience at One North Broad. I HIGHLY recommend to those looking for a unique space.
    Kyle B. Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing venue and even better staff!

As two working professionals planning our own wedding, we needed partners not just vendors to pull off our dream wedding. Sue and the team at One North Broad were our MVP. Sue was available and responsive whenever we had questions. She helped us think through the entire wedding not just the items related to the venue. We didn't hire a wedding planner, but honestly with Sue it felt like we had one. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and we still have friends tell us it was the most fun they have had at a wedding.

Terri and Catering By Design were also all-stars. The food was delicious and no one had trouble getting a drink. Terri worked with us to stay in budget and deliver an epic party.

Sue and team also have character. Shortly after our wedding, we moved cities and in the process lost our deposit refund check. Sue reached out to ask why we hadn't cashed the check and made sure we got another one. She didn't need to do that but she was looking out for us.

The venue is stunning and you'll likely pick ONB based on how incredible your photos will look; but from our experience, the people are even better.
    Julie Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Venue!

ONE North Broad was the most beautiful place to have our wedding! Our guests were incredibly impressed with venue and couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was. Sue was wonderful to work with. She answers questions so quickly and was so helpful! We loved ONE, it was perfect!