Once Upon a Bride Reviews

36 | New York, NY

36 Reviews for Once Upon a Bride

Lexia Schwartz · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Bridal Hair & Makeup

OUAB was excellent. They accomplished everything I wanted and were joys to work with. Destiney for Hair and Alicia for Makeup were truly wonderful!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/10/2020

Hair Trial

I had a bridal hair trial with Stacey from Once Upon A Bride and it was an absolute dream! Stacey took my amateur requests and celebrity photo ideas and turned them into reality. I am obsessed with all three of the styles she took me through! On top of that, she really helped me envision how the full look would come together on the big day - i.e. once we have the appropriate hair extensions, how we’ll ensure the look will last all day long, etc. She consulted me on what I should be doing for my hair between now and then (cuts, color) to ensure the best possible outcome on my wedding day, which is something that has been lacking for me in other trials. The experience was consultative and thorough - and on top of that, super fun!!! I highly, highly recommend doing a trial with Stacey and the Once Upon A Bride team. Next up, the wedding day!

Sent on 02/01/2020

Kristin · Married on 10/03/2020

Wonderful Hair Trial

When I first contacted OUAB, Stacey was very helpful and responsive and made every effort to accommodate me and understand what I was looking for in a wedding day hairstyle. After reviewing my vision and budget, she paired me with Destiney. I just had my trial and it was nothing short of amazing. I didn't totally understand the purpose of the trial - but during the session Destiney (and Stacey!) worked to explain and show me different hair style options, styles of curls, and haircare during the months leading up to the wedding. The experience was wonderful and my hair looked GORGEOUS - I looked just like myself but a bit more elevated. I can't wait for the actual wedding day!
    Not to mention I will certainly be going to Stacey and Loft 26 for all my hair care needs going forward.

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Shoko

Shoko Katsuragawa · Married on 01/10/2020

Will never go anywhere for hair and makeup again!!

My (now) husband and I wanted to celebrate our wedding by having a dance party with our closest friends and family. It was important to us that we enjoyed every minute with our guests as well as with each other, and that we were present for every moment, promising ourselves that we wouldn't let the little things bother us on our day. So for me, hair and makeup was a HUGE priority. It would have to be perfect, it would have to last all night, and I'd just have to trust that it would stay perfect without checking in all the time...THIS is where Stacey and her team comes in!

The trial experience was so thorough, which I LOVED because I wasn't sure yet about which look I wanted to go with. Alicia was so fast and professional, and when I told her a few days later that I wanted a little more glam but didn't really go into specifics, she did exactly that on my wedding day without missing a beat. I got my hair color done at the salon with Loren, and it was the same thing. We texted each other briefly with some photos and when I walked in, I just let her do her thing based on one photo I had especially liked that she had sent me, and she did an amazing job. I'm usually a micromanager for sure, but for some reason, I just felt confident that it was ok to take a step back on this one because I trusted how professional and knowledgeable everyone was. I'd also been talking to Stacey throughout the whole process asking her a million questions, so it was like everyone knew my vision without me having to say a word.

I finally got to work with Stacey for my hair trial, which we scheduled for a few days after getting my color done, and it was beyond what I expected. We chatted the whole time but I kept noticing to myself how effortless it was for her to do everything, even with me showing up 20 min late. And when she was done, my first reaction was that I liked it, but maybe I wanted it to be a little less perfect and a little more subtle, but Stacey just nodded and told me to wait an hour and see how I felt.... Well how I FELT was NARCISSISTIC and insanely happy- I took a million selfies, danced around the house asking my husband if my hair still looked the same, made him take pics from the back every hour on the hour, and I even made him take a video of me doing my part of our choreographed wedding number just so I could watch the way my hair moved. He was a little shocked I think, because this was all very out of character for me, but I was IMPRESSED. My hair was perfect after that one hour, and then it miraculously stayed that way the whole night. So yeah, IT LASTED.

Stacey and her team are amazing, fast, and very cool and chill. They're artists and they know what they're doing. I had initially thought that I'd need to get someone Japanese for hair and makeup who'd be more familiar with my skin, my coloring, and most of all my hair, but I liked Stacey's vibe after our initial phone conversation so I went with my gut, and I'm so thankful I did! Especially because my husband got on a mic and belted out Frank Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight and really sang it TO me, inches from my face, and at that point, the tears kept coming and it almost turned into ugly crying but I was able to muster just enough strength to stop that from happening. Our wedding was everything I'd hoped and more-complete with a spontaneous afterparty at our hotel and the hotel bar that lasted until 5 am, which my friends and I haven't done in years. Not surprisingly, my hair and makeup lasted the whole night, and I only know this because of photos that people sent us in the following days. It was a really really FUN time and I now have amazing pics of me and my husband really enjoying ourselves, laughing a lot, and having the time of our lives with people who love and support us. I didn't want to miss a single second of it, and thanks to Stacey and Alicia, I didn't have to!

The photos I'm including in this review were taken by Erica from Clean Plate Pictures except for the last two with Stacey and Alicia!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 04/12/2019

Love Love Love OUAB!

I cannot thank Stacey and her team enough for my hair and makeup on my wedding day. Aside from delivering exactly what I wanted, I felt like I was getting ready with my friends the morning of my wedding. Stacey (hair), Gaby (makeup), and team, all were amazing with the best energy, which put my at ease and made me relax while leading up to the hours before the ceremony. My hair was down, wavy, effortless, and not overdone which is exactly what I wanted (In Stacey’s words “runway”) while Gaby’s make up made me feel gorgeous while still looking like myself. Lots of love to Stacey and her team, you all were amazing and I could not have picked better!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup!

I am so thankful I met Stacey and the OUAB team of Gaby (makeup) and Jamie (hair). I had my wedding a week ago. Gaby and Jamie did my hair and makeup as well as my mom’s hair and makeup. We both felt beautiful and looked the best we’ve ever looked! My mom and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I would not hesitate to use the OUAB team again. I highly recommend them if you want to look and feel absolutely beautiful on your special day!!!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Julie · Married on 05/18/2018

We booked OUAB for elopement day hair and makeup and are sooo happy we did. Stacey is very responsive and communicative and we so appreciated that since we were traveling from Texas to NY to get married. My fiancee and I met with her at the salon the day before our ceremony to discuss hair and makeup ideas and we received the best welcome when we walked in. It was like we were old friends and her excitement and energy are contagious.
    On the day of Stacey and Daniella showed up at our hotel promptly and wasted no time getting the room situated and set up for us. They handled two brides flawlessly and were so much fun and relaxed. I love how Daniella made us look like super gorgeous versions of ourselves. She asked questions and made sure we were happy during the entire process. Stacey is one of a kind and we loved her. She worked with both of us to come up with our final hairstyles and we couldn't have been happier. She took her time during and made sure we were both good before leaving, giving us some final sprays and touches before heading out. Sad she is in New York and we're in Texas but we'll find a reason to pop in to her salon on our next visit!!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Maggie · Married on 01/27/2018

Love gaby very professional and courteous. She did my make-up for my wedding and it was stunning! Will definitely refer her! Thank you!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Kathryn · Married on 12/09/2017

I was so happy to have found Stacey and her amazing team. Stacey was so fantastic to work with in the planning process and on the wedding day. Stacey, Daniella, Shari & Destiney all did such beautiful work, AND they made what could have been a crazy morning feel relaxing and fun. I have been in many weddings in the past where we always seem to be rushing when the hair and makeup is running behind. Not only did OUAB finish on time, but we were done early and had some extra time to enjoy together as a bridal party and leisurely get ready before the first look. I can get a bit nervous having other people do my hair and makeup, but Stacey and Daniella made me feel so beautiful and my husband thought it was perfect as well. My wedding day was romantic and snowy so I couldn’t resist going outside for some photos. I know Stacey was worried, but my hair and makeup still held up wonderfully! Thank you to OUAB for helping to bring such an amazing day to life!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Jacinta · Married on 09/01/2017

Stacey was AMAZING!! She was super responsive and helped design my killer wedding day look. Loved that she was always available and accommodating to all my make up requests/change of minds, and make sure I always felt relaxed, sure, and comfortable about all the big day decisions. But honestly, Stacey and her team just rocked the day - they were so much fun and fit in so well with all the bridal party. Couldn't speak more highly of them!!! Love love love!!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Toni-Ann · Married on 07/22/2017

Gaby and Destiney are the absolute best. My wedding party consisted of me, my sister, my 60 year old mom and my 96 year old grandma - and Gaby was able to do the makeup perfectly for all of us (quite the range!). She made my 96 year old Nan look 76, my mom looked absolutely stunning and me and my sister loved our looks as well. I got the airbrushing and she mixed the shade perfectly - it looked flawless. Destiney also can make magic happen with hair. She is unbelievable. She has the incredible ability to make what you are thinking in your head come to life - and she makes sure you are happy throughout the process. 10/10 - would definitely recommend to everyone.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Romy · Married on 07/18/2017

Stacey and her Team did an awesome Job to make my big day unforgettable! I came from Germany to get married in New York so we had to organise it all via mail and short-term, but it was all easy and reliable and I felt like a princess as I left the Salon. Perfect Job!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Melanie · Married on 06/24/2017

Stacey and her team went above and beyond on my wedding day. My bridesmaids looked amazing. Stacey also helped me pick out the best style through several hair trials. The end result was stunning. I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Elena · Married on 06/17/2017

The entire OUAB team was awesome! Stacey and her team made my wedding day awesome. I booked make up for me (bride) and for 5 other people for the day-of the wedding. I did a make up trial with Karen and it was awesome. Karen was very professional and during the trial we did a couple variations, she took a bunch of pictures and she used them as guide for the day of, tweaking a few things here and there based on my requests.

Stacey was amazing and super accommodating. The make-up the day of was going to be at the venue, but the venue would only give us 3 hours prior to ceremony. So Stacey sent a second artist to make sure that we were all ready with time to spare. Karen and Daniella, the two artists, were there 10 mins early (a blessing!) and they were able to start me on make up as soon as I got there. They were also extremely patient waiting for the other girls who got there late, and got everyone ready with time to spare.

I would definitely recommend Stacey and her team to any bride! They are all professional, courteous, kind, thoughtful, timely, and dedicated to making your day be so very special.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Adrienne · Married on 06/03/2017

I highly recommend Once Upon a Bride for your wedding hair and make up. They did my mom's and my looks for my wedding day and I could not have been happier with both. My mom felt the same. We did not have time for trial since I live in Texas, but they nailed exactly what I wanted. My hair and make up still looked great the next day. They come to you so it is stress free!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Meghan · Married on 06/02/2017

Stacey and her team of wedding hair and makeup artist are truly magicians! From the moment I met with Stacey, I just knew I had to hire her and her team to do the glam for my wedding on June 2, 2017 at The Garden City Hotel. Stacey and her amazing beauty team are true professionals and made the morning of getting ready for my wedding an absolute blast. Her and her team made me, my 8 bridesmaids and mothers of the bride and groom look stunning. Hiring Stacy and her beauty team at Once Upon a Bride will be the best decision you make for your wedding - brides, do it!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Heather · Married on 04/29/2017

It was such a pleasure working with the OUAB team!! I thought finding a hair stylist for my wedding would be a one and done process since I have fairly easy hair to work with. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Finally, I came across OUAB and after my first initial conversation with Stacey, I knew I was in good hands. Stacey was SO incredibly helpful throughout the trial process. She helped match me with the best stylist (Destiny!!) based on my budget as well as the look I was going for. When I came in for the trial, Stacey was also there with Destiny to help make sure I was getting the look I envisioned and sure enough Destiny nailed it immediately! Stacey was also immensely helpful when it came to coordinating the day of schedule. On the wedding day, Destiny did my hair along with 3 other girls and Jamie (who I had just met that day) did the other 4 girls hair. I couldn't believe how flawless everyone's hair came out. Not to mention, everyone's hair lasted ALL night long. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on the fact that my hair stayed perfectly intact at all hours of the night. I can't thank Stacey, Destiny and Jamie enough for making everyone feel so beautiful that day!!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Sharri · Married on 03/25/2017

I was be beyond thrilled with my makeup for my wedding! Sophia did an absolutely incredible job! Not only is she really lovely, calm and patient, she is also incredibly talented! I've never looked or felt so beautiful and I received a million compliments that night. My husband was also blown away by how amazing I looked! I really can't thank Stacey or Sophia enough! Stacey said she had a talent for pairing the right makeup artist with the right bride and she was 100% correct in pairing me with Sophia! I love to wear makeup and had high expectations for how I was expecting the make up to look on my wedding day and Sophia understood perfectly! I had 1 makeup trail and she nailed it - I knew I had to hire her on the spot. It was one of my best decisions I made!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Destiney from Once Upon a Bride did my hair for my wedding ceremony in June and my reception in August. I did a trial with her at the studio a week before my ceremony, and she came to my hotel suite for the two events. Destiney is amazing!! She made my hair look and feel the best it ever has. She did a different style for each event, and they were both absolutely perfect. She is also so much fun to work with - kind, funny, patient, and very calming. She is all about making your wedding day fun and as relaxing as possible. She is a perfectionist, and took all the time I wanted to make sure I was absolutely happy with my final look, which I was. I would work with Destiney again for any special event, and highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Addysen · Married on 09/06/2015

I trusted Carmine D'Amore to style my hair for the best day of my life. Carmine is a true professional. He has a clear expertise in styling both secure updos and glamorous "hair down" looks and will advise you based on your look but also listen to where your heart stands. Carmine did two "trial sessions" with me in the evening when I had my friends over for a "gab session". He was so wonderful to be around as he has a calming energy but funny and has a perspective. The day of my "We Dos" he was calm, laid back but detail oriented. I felt classic, beautiful and secure. I can guarantee, Carmine at "Once Upon A Bride" will be a wonderful part of your memories as he makes it happen, and puts a smile on your face through the process.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Jennie · Married on 04/25/2015

I worked with Stacey, Emily, Karen, and Erica and was thrilled with Stacey and the OUAB team. First, they're a team. When I learned that I had less time to get ready than I originally thought, Stacey brought on an additional stylist and we were done 30 minutes early. OUAB is very experienced and does weddings almost every weekend during peak season. They roll in exactly on time (in fact, they were calling me 30 minutes early letting me know that they were on site and asking if they could start setting up), they set up, they execute, and they roll out. They are a wedding machine. As for the styling itself, they are very good. I had bad hair and makeup trials at other salons before meeting Stacey and so I learned that just because someone is a hair stylist or claims to do weddings doesn't guarantee that they can do much more than basic styling, maybe a blow out or a few curls. Stacey is a true bridal hair stylist. She created a beautiful updo for me using almost a full head of hair extensions (which she can make for you herself). I would also like to say a few words about Karen who is a wonderful person and makeup artist. I asked for less makeup and she really listened to me and gave me a very natural look, but, at the same time, also pushed me out of my comfort zone with some lash enhancements and the result was just beautiful. I highly recommend OUAB and particularly Stacey, Emily, Karen, and Erica.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/22/2015

My bridal hair trial with Emily at Once Upon A Bride was really fantastic. Not only is she an excellent stylist but her demeanor was nothing short of perfection. The kind of personality you want with you on your wedding day! Calm, kind, pleasant A++
    After my trial I left completely confident that at least with regards to my hair I will be worry free, that my hair is in good hands and will look amazing on my wedding day.

The first look she gave me was exactly what I asked for (even better than I imagined) and I loved it. Didn't even feel like we needed to try an alternate look but Emily recommended we try one anyway since we had time. Really appreciate the way she worked, professional and I never felt rushed. The second look Emily styled was also fabulous!! And now I have big decisions deciding between two looks I love. Thanks so much and looking forward to working with you on my wedding day!!
    -Jessica Weiss

Sent on 01/28/2015

Stacey was extremely responsive and flexible trying to fit me in at the exact time I needed ( 9am on New Year's Eve !) As I was coming from Scotland and my wedding was last minute Stacey had her work cut out with no trial or consultation possible. Stacey was in touch regularly and the end result hair up style was more than I could have hoped for. Sophia did an excellent job with my makeup and both of them worked together to produce my ideal look at exactly the right time and both hair and makeup were perfect all day. The salon is beautiful and the whole experience was relaxed and fun and at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend any bride to be to come here for their special day. Thanks again Stacey and Sophia

Sent on 01/05/2015

Once Upon a Bride was absolutely amazing! Stacey the owner was extremely easy to work with. She responded promptly to emails and setting up hair and make up trials. Angela and Karen who did my hair and make up (as well as my girls), were fantastic!! Their work is amazing! If you are getting married and need your hair and make up done, use Once Upon a Bride! Amazing work and service!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

Once Upon a Bride was the perfect choice for my wedding. Stacey was very attentive every step of the way. Tiffany and Sofia were absolutely amazing and easy to work with! My make up and hair turned out exactly as I had hoped and lasted throughout the night. I felt great from start to finish!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Once Upon a Bride's reply:

Hello Megan!
    We heard the wedding day at Bear Mountain was amazing.
    Good luck to you!