Once Upon a Bride Reviews

31 Reviews for Once Upon a Bride

31 Once Upon a Bride Reviews
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup!

I am so thankful I met Stacey and the OUAB team of Gaby (makeup) and Jamie (hair). I had my wedding a week ago. Gaby and Jamie did my hair and makeup as well as my mom’s hair and makeup. We both felt beautiful and looked the best we’ve ever looked! My mom and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I would not hesitate to use the OUAB team again. I highly recommend them if you want to look and feel absolutely beautiful on your special day!!!

Julie · Married on 05/18/2018

We booked OUAB for elopement day hair and makeup and are sooo happy we did. Stacey is very responsive and communicative and we so appreciated that since we were traveling from Texas to NY to get married. My fiancee and I met with her at the salon the day before our ceremony to discuss hair and makeup ideas and we received the best welcome when we walked in. It was like we were old friends and her excitement and energy are contagious.
    On the day of Stacey and Daniella showed up at our hotel promptly and wasted no time getting the room situated and set up for us. They handled two brides flawlessly and were so much fun and relaxed. I love how Daniella made us look like super gorgeous versions of ourselves. She asked questions and made sure we were happy during the entire process. Stacey is one of a kind and we loved her. She worked with both of us to come up with our final hairstyles and we couldn't have been happier. She took her time during and made sure we were both good before leaving, giving us some final sprays and touches before heading out. Sad she is in New York and we're in Texas but we'll find a reason to pop in to her salon on our next visit!!

Maggie · Married on 01/27/2018

Love gaby very professional and courteous. She did my make-up for my wedding and it was stunning! Will definitely refer her! Thank you!

Kathryn · Married on 12/09/2017

I was so happy to have found Stacey and her amazing team. Stacey was so fantastic to work with in the planning process and on the wedding day. Stacey, Daniella, Shari & Destiney all did such beautiful work, AND they made what could have been a crazy morning feel relaxing and fun. I have been in many weddings in the past where we always seem to be rushing when the hair and makeup is running behind. Not only did OUAB finish on time, but we were done early and had some extra time to enjoy together as a bridal party and leisurely get ready before the first look. I can get a bit nervous having other people do my hair and makeup, but Stacey and Daniella made me feel so beautiful and my husband thought it was perfect as well. My wedding day was romantic and snowy so I couldn’t resist going outside for some photos. I know Stacey was worried, but my hair and makeup still held up wonderfully! Thank you to OUAB for helping to bring such an amazing day to life!

Once Upon a Bride 1
    Once Upon a Bride 2
    Once Upon a Bride 3
    Once Upon a Bride 4

Jacinta · Married on 09/01/2017

Stacey was AMAZING!! She was super responsive and helped design my killer wedding day look. Loved that she was always available and accommodating to all my make up requests/change of minds, and make sure I always felt relaxed, sure, and comfortable about all the big day decisions. But honestly, Stacey and her team just rocked the day - they were so much fun and fit in so well with all the bridal party. Couldn't speak more highly of them!!! Love love love!!

Once Upon a Bride 5
    Once Upon a Bride 6

Toni-Ann · Married on 07/22/2017

Gaby and Destiney are the absolute best. My wedding party consisted of me, my sister, my 60 year old mom and my 96 year old grandma - and Gaby was able to do the makeup perfectly for all of us (quite the range!). She made my 96 year old Nan look 76, my mom looked absolutely stunning and me and my sister loved our looks as well. I got the airbrushing and she mixed the shade perfectly - it looked flawless. Destiney also can make magic happen with hair. She is unbelievable. She has the incredible ability to make what you are thinking in your head come to life - and she makes sure you are happy throughout the process. 10/10 - would definitely recommend to everyone.

Melanie · Married on 06/24/2017

Stacey and her team went above and beyond on my wedding day. My bridesmaids looked amazing. Stacey also helped me pick out the best style through several hair trials. The end result was stunning. I can't recommend her enough.

Elena · Married on 06/17/2017

The entire OUAB team was awesome! Stacey and her team made my wedding day awesome. I booked make up for me (bride) and for 5 other people for the day-of the wedding. I did a make up trial with Karen and it was awesome. Karen was very professional and during the trial we did a couple variations, she took a bunch of pictures and she used them as guide for the day of, tweaking a few things here and there based on my requests.

Stacey was amazing and super accommodating. The make-up the day of was going to be at the venue, but the venue would only give us 3 hours prior to ceremony. So Stacey sent a second artist to make sure that we were all ready with time to spare. Karen and Daniella, the two artists, were there 10 mins early (a blessing!) and they were able to start me on make up as soon as I got there. They were also extremely patient waiting for the other girls who got there late, and got everyone ready with time to spare.

I would definitely recommend Stacey and her team to any bride! They are all professional, courteous, kind, thoughtful, timely, and dedicated to making your day be so very special.

Adrienne · Married on 06/03/2017

I highly recommend Once Upon a Bride for your wedding hair and make up. They did my mom's and my looks for my wedding day and I could not have been happier with both. My mom felt the same. We did not have time for trial since I live in Texas, but they nailed exactly what I wanted. My hair and make up still looked great the next day. They come to you so it is stress free!

Meghan · Married on 06/02/2017

Stacey and her team of wedding hair and makeup artist are truly magicians! From the moment I met with Stacey, I just knew I had to hire her and her team to do the glam for my wedding on June 2, 2017 at The Garden City Hotel. Stacey and her amazing beauty team are true professionals and made the morning of getting ready for my wedding an absolute blast. Her and her team made me, my 8 bridesmaids and mothers of the bride and groom look stunning. Hiring Stacy and her beauty team at Once Upon a Bride will be the best decision you make for your wedding - brides, do it!!

Heather · Married on 04/29/2017

It was such a pleasure working with the OUAB team!! I thought finding a hair stylist for my wedding would be a one and done process since I have fairly easy hair to work with. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Finally, I came across OUAB and after my first initial conversation with Stacey, I knew I was in good hands. Stacey was SO incredibly helpful throughout the trial process. She helped match me with the best stylist (Destiny!!) based on my budget as well as the look I was going for. When I came in for the trial, Stacey was also there with Destiny to help make sure I was getting the look I envisioned and sure enough Destiny nailed it immediately! Stacey was also immensely helpful when it came to coordinating the day of schedule. On the wedding day, Destiny did my hair along with 3 other girls and Jamie (who I had just met that day) did the other 4 girls hair. I couldn't believe how flawless everyone's hair came out. Not to mention, everyone's hair lasted ALL night long. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on the fact that my hair stayed perfectly intact at all hours of the night. I can't thank Stacey, Destiny and Jamie enough for making everyone feel so beautiful that day!!

Sharri · Married on 03/25/2017

I was be beyond thrilled with my makeup for my wedding! Sophia did an absolutely incredible job! Not only is she really lovely, calm and patient, she is also incredibly talented! I've never looked or felt so beautiful and I received a million compliments that night. My husband was also blown away by how amazing I looked! I really can't thank Stacey or Sophia enough! Stacey said she had a talent for pairing the right makeup artist with the right bride and she was 100% correct in pairing me with Sophia! I love to wear makeup and had high expectations for how I was expecting the make up to look on my wedding day and Sophia understood perfectly! I had 1 makeup trail and she nailed it - I knew I had to hire her on the spot. It was one of my best decisions I made!

Destiney from Once Upon a Bride did my hair for my wedding ceremony in June and my reception in August. I did a trial with her at the studio a week before my ceremony, and she came to my hotel suite for the two events. Destiney is amazing!! She made my hair look and feel the best it ever has. She did a different style for each event, and they were both absolutely perfect. She is also so much fun to work with - kind, funny, patient, and very calming. She is all about making your wedding day fun and as relaxing as possible. She is a perfectionist, and took all the time I wanted to make sure I was absolutely happy with my final look, which I was. I would work with Destiney again for any special event, and highly recommend her.

Addysen · Married on 09/06/2015

I trusted Carmine D'Amore to style my hair for the best day of my life. Carmine is a true professional. He has a clear expertise in styling both secure updos and glamorous "hair down" looks and will advise you based on your look but also listen to where your heart stands. Carmine did two "trial sessions" with me in the evening when I had my friends over for a "gab session". He was so wonderful to be around as he has a calming energy but funny and has a perspective. The day of my "We Dos" he was calm, laid back but detail oriented. I felt classic, beautiful and secure. I can guarantee, Carmine at "Once Upon A Bride" will be a wonderful part of your memories as he makes it happen, and puts a smile on your face through the process.

Once Upon a Bride 7
    Once Upon a Bride 8
    Once Upon a Bride 9
    Once Upon a Bride 10

Jennie · Married on 04/25/2015

I worked with Stacey, Emily, Karen, and Erica and was thrilled with Stacey and the OUAB team. First, they're a team. When I learned that I had less time to get ready than I originally thought, Stacey brought on an additional stylist and we were done 30 minutes early. OUAB is very experienced and does weddings almost every weekend during peak season. They roll in exactly on time (in fact, they were calling me 30 minutes early letting me know that they were on site and asking if they could start setting up), they set up, they execute, and they roll out. They are a wedding machine. As for the styling itself, they are very good. I had bad hair and makeup trials at other salons before meeting Stacey and so I learned that just because someone is a hair stylist or claims to do weddings doesn't guarantee that they can do much more than basic styling, maybe a blow out or a few curls. Stacey is a true bridal hair stylist. She created a beautiful updo for me using almost a full head of hair extensions (which she can make for you herself). I would also like to say a few words about Karen who is a wonderful person and makeup artist. I asked for less makeup and she really listened to me and gave me a very natural look, but, at the same time, also pushed me out of my comfort zone with some lash enhancements and the result was just beautiful. I highly recommend OUAB and particularly Stacey, Emily, Karen, and Erica.

Jessica · Married on 03/22/2015

My bridal hair trial with Emily at Once Upon A Bride was really fantastic. Not only is she an excellent stylist but her demeanor was nothing short of perfection. The kind of personality you want with you on your wedding day! Calm, kind, pleasant A++
    After my trial I left completely confident that at least with regards to my hair I will be worry free, that my hair is in good hands and will look amazing on my wedding day.

The first look she gave me was exactly what I asked for (even better than I imagined) and I loved it. Didn't even feel like we needed to try an alternate look but Emily recommended we try one anyway since we had time. Really appreciate the way she worked, professional and I never felt rushed. The second look Emily styled was also fabulous!! And now I have big decisions deciding between two looks I love. Thanks so much and looking forward to working with you on my wedding day!!
    -Jessica Weiss

Stacey was extremely responsive and flexible trying to fit me in at the exact time I needed ( 9am on New Year's Eve !) As I was coming from Scotland and my wedding was last minute Stacey had her work cut out with no trial or consultation possible. Stacey was in touch regularly and the end result hair up style was more than I could have hoped for. Sophia did an excellent job with my makeup and both of them worked together to produce my ideal look at exactly the right time and both hair and makeup were perfect all day. The salon is beautiful and the whole experience was relaxed and fun and at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend any bride to be to come here for their special day. Thanks again Stacey and Sophia

Once Upon a Bride was absolutely amazing! Stacey the owner was extremely easy to work with. She responded promptly to emails and setting up hair and make up trials. Angela and Karen who did my hair and make up (as well as my girls), were fantastic!! Their work is amazing! If you are getting married and need your hair and make up done, use Once Upon a Bride! Amazing work and service!

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

Once Upon a Bride was the perfect choice for my wedding. Stacey was very attentive every step of the way. Tiffany and Sofia were absolutely amazing and easy to work with! My make up and hair turned out exactly as I had hoped and lasted throughout the night. I felt great from start to finish!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Once Upon a Bride's reply:

Hello Megan! We heard the wedding day at Bear Mountain was amazing. Good luck to you! Loren Manager

kim · Married on 02/01/2014

Outstanding! Stacey Weinstein, the owner and head stylist of Once Upon A Bride, is talented, professional, creative, responsive, flexible, accommodating, warm and on her game! Stacey's confidence shines through from the moment you meet her. She takes great pride in her work and will not be satisfied with anything less than absolute happiness from her clients. She listens and follows up with creating the look you described, and can easily work with those who put their hair in her hands as she creates on the spot. Although more expensive than most, Stacey is a guarantee. If you want to look your most beautiful and have it last all night, choose Stacey. Not only is she super talented, she is also someone you want in your bridal suite as you are getting ready because she is fun and funny. You'll be laughing your way into your dress.

Sent on 03/08/2014

Once Upon a Bride's reply:

Hello Kim! I saw your photos and heard all about The Liberty Warehouse. Glad you had a great time with Stacey and you feel you looked your best. ( Yes, she keeps us all laughing at the salon and she insists on getting each hair in place and glad you are ok with that OCD ). I was there for your trial and it was lovely meeting you. All the best. Loren Manager

Christine · Married on 06/22/2013

Stacy and Sofia - I'm forever grateful for making me such a beautiful bride on my wedding day. The hair and make up were a dream - it was just perfect!

You ladies are an absolute pleasure to work with - we had so much fun the morning you were getting us ready!

Every bride should go to Once Upon a Bride for hair and make up - these ladies know what they are doing!
    I'm also so glad I could now go to your salon for all my hair needs - my hair has never been this heathly and long....THANK YOU!!!!!

bonus points - my hair and make up were exactly the same by the end of night as when it was just put on!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Once Upon a Bride's reply:

YAY! Glad you were happy. Love those two together. Two perfectionists who love to laugh and smile. Good luck to you! Loren, Manager

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2013

After having numerous hair trials, I was so excited to find Stacey and Once upon a Bride. Stacey made sure I looked my best the day of my wedding - giving me advice on how to best prepare my hair for the day of and working to find the best style for me. She was in constant contact up until the day of and put up with my ever changing numbers of people getting their hair and makeup done. She brought a second stylist the day of to make sure everyone was finished in time and Stacey helped style everyone to make sure they looked their best.

We had a last minute makeup artist switch and Stacey had Karen fill in - she was fabulous and got everything just right!! I can't imagine my makeup being any different. My mom and I bought most of the makeup Karen used on us...

I (and everyone who used them) got compliments throughout the night about hair/makeup and how well everything held up. My mom, bridesmaids and I had so much fun getting ready with Stacey and Karen - it was an amazing day.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Once Upon a Bride's reply:

Hi Lauren, I heard about your wedding at The Tribeca Rooftop. I think your mom sent us a bride I just matched extensions for. Wedding is Oct 22nd? Glad you loved everything and Karen is so talented. Stacey loves speaking with her brides and glad you got all the attention you needed. Your photos are up on our website. Take a peek! Loren, Manager

Really flexible and great company to have with you when you get ready on your big day. Very professional and efficient so we had even more time for portraits. They really understood what styles I wanted and gave me a really natural look for our outdoor wedding. They were also able to accommodate additional bridesmaids who had initially opted not to get hair and makeup done. Highly recommend!

Eden · Married on 05/15/2010

I was beyond happy with Sofia (makeup) and Alesha (hair). They were both so amazing on my wedding day. Hair and makeup were both over the top amazing and perfect and I had a great time with them in the hotel room getting ready. I got SOOO many comments on my hair. Alesha really was fabulous. Sofia too - the makeup stayed on all night - we were out until 4am and still looked flawless.