On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward Reviews

On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 6
On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 7
  • Laura

Laura Devore · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Most relaxing part of my big day

Judy has been in the business for decades, and that is clear when you are with her. I think back to the morning of my wedding day, how stressed I was & worried about how it would all come together. The one thing I didn't have to worry about was how good my hair & makeup would look. When it comes to those things Judy exudes confidence that's contagious. I started to feel calmer and calmer just taking in the moment of the occasion while under her care. I sat in that chair and my excitement overtook my anxiety. I'm so thankful I went with Judy, she has helped many many brides feel confident as they walk down the aisle, and truly enjoy one of the most joyous days of their lives. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 8

J · Married on 04/06/2019

Fantastic looks and service

Judy was great from the hair/makeup trial to the actual day of the wedding. During my trial, she listened to what I was interested in, took feedback, and worked with me to nail exactly what I was going for. Then, on the wedding day, my hair and makeup came out even better than expected.

Her team was kind, relaxed, and professional from set up to finish on the day of the wedding. Leading up to the wedding day, Judy sent a questionnaire to clarify who was getting what done, and to plan a timeline for the day. She and her team arrived on site with plenty of time to set up. Her lead stylist, Vanda, was also a gem to work with. Her team did hair and makeup for myself along with 5 bridesmaids, my mother, and mother-in-law. They were organized, and every single person loved their finished looks. As the bride, I did not feel rushed or stressed at all, and it was clear that Judy and her team all had high quality standards they hold themselves to. I’m so happy with our looks in the photos, and would highly recommend her to every bride in the area.

Sent on 06/07/2019
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 9
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 10
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 11
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 12/22/2018

We love Judy and co.!

Judy and her team were wonderful! They arrived on time and jumped right into organized action. Before the big day, Judy set up a schedule to ensure every girl knew of her time slot for hair and make-up, making it easy and smooth! I was back and forth with what I wanted for my hair - a "game time" decision. Judy made my dream of the 'party ponytail' a reality! I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup. Vanda, the makeup artist, made me feel like a celebrity and did a fun and fresh look. Overall, this team was prepared, relaxed and ready to go! Judy made me and my girls feel calm and beautiful on a high energy day.

Sent on 01/31/2019
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 12
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 13
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 10/13/2018

Judy and Vanda are Amazing

Judy and Vanda were a dream to work with. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with getting my hair and makeup done for my wedding. Judy and Vanda came to my Airbnb the day of for a few hours before we packed up and headed to the venue. There was a small charge for that but it made the experience more fun, getting ready at the venue. Both women are so talented and truly know what they’re doing. I wish I could have Judy do my hair and makeup everyday!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 14
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 15

Bailey Legg · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful Work

Judy is just amazing! She was able to take my considerations into account, as well as make my final hair and makeup look more beautiful than I could have imagined. She is so creative, and I fully entrusted her with any major decisions surrounding hair and makeup. Definitely consider her for any formal event!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Kira Cotter · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend Judy!

Judy did my wedding hair, along with 5 other's from my bridal party (of all ages). She is incredibly skilled at her job and worked hard to get the look each of us wanted. She also did a great job brainstorming and talking through ideas with those who weren't sure of what they wanted. Everyone was incredibly happy with their look. As the bride, I was beyond thrilled and loved working with Judy from the day of our trial to the day of my wedding. Judy is fun, reliable, professional and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Gabby

Gabby Orr · Married on 09/29/2018

Judy made me feel drop-dead gorgeous on my wedding day!

If you're getting married in the Charlottesville area, book Judy Hayward! She is the sweetest and most talented hair and make-up artist, and made me and my bridesmaids feel beyond stunning for my wedding this fall. Judy came all the way down to DC -- a 2.5 hour drive -- to do my hair/makeup trial months before the wedding, carefully listening to every detail I wanted and talking me through the whole process. When I decided to change hairstyles a week before my big day, she didn't complain at all and constructed a beautiful updo on the day-of. Vanda, her assistant, handled all of our makeup and did a wonderful job making it look natural. They were so efficient, too! Got 6 bridesmaids and me all done up in less than 3 hours, and it didn't feel rushed at all. I can't recommend On Location bridal enough!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 09/09/2018

Judy was fantastic and I am so happy to have had her style my hair for my wedding day! We had a laugh over how disobedient my hair was being at the trial, it took a few goes but we got there and she was SO patient with me! On the day, Judy was co-operative, attentive and so much fun. She styled my Mum who looked stunning, my Maid of Honor who's hair went from frizz to hair model worthy, and mine was just what I had in mind when I pictured my bridal hairdo. Judy is a lovely lady, and a wonderful hair stylist and I highly recommend her for your big day.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 16

Lucy · Married on 09/08/2018

Judy and Vanda did a terrific job at my wedding. They worked on me (the bride), my mother, and the groom's mother. My mother and I did hair/makeup trials with Judy and Vanda as well. They do excellent work and are very pleasant company and put everyone at ease.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2018

Judy and her team (Vanda and Daphne) were truly a dream to work with for my wedding. Leading up to the event, Judy worked diligently with me to make a plan for the day so that everything was stress-free and enjoyable. Even when she was traveling, she was communicating with me to get all of the details finalized.
    It was such a pleasure working with each of them on the day of the wedding, and extra special that they met us at the venue and were able to do our hair and makeup on-site. They were extremely prompt, organized, personable, and a joy to be with for the day. Each staff member took their time with each person to meet their individual needs. Everyone was pleased with their final hair and makeup, they all looked beautiful, and I was overly satisfied with mine too.
    I would highly recommend Judy for any event. We could not have asked for a better fit - it was perfect and getting to know Judy through the process was incredibly rewarding.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Niki · Married on 07/14/2018

Judy is the best! Put everyone at ease and made the whole experience fun! Very professional- responded to all questions right away and came early the day of the wedding! Makeup (by Vanda) and hair (by Judy) were stunning and looked perfect even after hours of dancing! Wish I could give 6 stars!

Sent on 08/16/2018
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 07/07/2018

Best experience!

Judy is the ABSOLUTE BOMB. I knew I had come to the right place when I spent most of my hair/makeup trial laughing. Judy understood my vision completely, and she designed a look that went perfectly with my day. She went above and beyond with her creativity and professionalism. I couldn't have even imagined what she did with my hair and how great it would look! Judy also brought another stylist the day of, and the two of them breezed through the hair and make up for me, my bridesmaids, and the moms! They kept the mood light, and everyone was thrilled with the results. I have never been a part of a wedding party where EVERYONE loved their hair and makeup, so this is a huge feat. I could not recommend Judy more!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Abbie · Married on 06/30/2018

Judy and Vanda were so great on my wedding day. We got married on the hottest day in June and I opted to have part of my hair down and curled. My style lasted all day and was still cute late at night, even though the humidity had wreaked havoc on it. Plus, my entire wedding was outside and I was sweating alllll day (heat index was 103) and my makeup still looked perfect at night's end. I have no idea how Judy did that. My bridesmaids all looked totally adorable and it was great that they didn't have to bring in photos for inspiration, Judy and Vanda just got to work giving each girl a unique up-do that somehow totally matched their own style. Vanda was also super sweet with my mother-in-law who is rather picky. She initially just wanted her hair done, but then felt so comfortable with Vanda she also had her do her makeup - high praise, believe me. Judy and Vanda were such a calming presence on my day and felt like part of the gang. I really loved having them around and would absolutely recommend them!!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 17
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 18

Beth Anne · Married on 05/25/2018

Judy and Vanda were beyond amazing! They were prompt, prepared and their work is fantastic. They did hair and makeup for me, six bridesmaids, my mother and grandmother- every person turned out so beautifully and everyone’s final look was different- Judy and Vanda excentuated the right aspects of each individual’s style and natural beauty! They were fun and light spirited, easy to get along with and enjoyable to have with us on my wedding day as well as very organized- allowing everything to go smoothly from start to finish! Will certainly be using them again for any future events that require hair and make up- just LOVE them!!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kelsey · Married on 04/28/2018

Judy Hayward was absolutely amazing. I loved how she did my hair and makeup for my wedding day - I didn't know exactly what I wanted, I only had an ambiguous vision, and it's like she reached into my mind and pulled out the exact image I wanted to achieve. I did a trial with her beforehand, and everything was so perfect during the trial that I felt no stress whatsoever going into the actual wedding day, knowing that Judy would make me look my best! I can't recommend her enough, by the time we were done getting ready she was a member of our family! She was a joy to be around as I got ready for my big day. Thanks Judy!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

C · Married on 04/20/2018

Was a little nervous that I didn’t decide to do a trial before the wedding but everything was perfect. Judy did an amazing job on my hair and makeup!

Sent on 06/12/2018

ESTEFANIA · Married on 03/23/2018

I highly recommend Judy for on location hair and makeup! Judy does an AMAZING job with styling your hair. I knew I wanted my hair down but was unsure what style I should go for that would look good with my dress. Judy gave me a classic, elegant look that absolutely floored my husband. All my bridesmaids loved their hairstyles as well! Some chose to have their hair up, and others down. It amazed me and how elegant they all looked! Also, Vanda, the lead makeup artist, did an AWESOME job on our makeup. She chose a gorgeous lip color for me and gave me a classic, not overdone look. It's almost like our faces were her canvas and she just knew exactly what to do! Most importantly, they are so much fun to chat with, and make it a stress free, fun time with your closest friends and family. Thank you ladies for making us look so beautiful. It was an experience I will never forget and fondly cherish.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

Judy and her team were amazing! She was quick to respond to my email inquiries and my hair and makeup trial was so much fun. She listened to what I wanted, but also gave me her opinions to what she thought would look good, which I really appreciated. On the day of our wedding, she was on time and set up quickly. Our ceremony was pretty earlier (1:30), so she offered my bridesmaids an "express hair and makeup" option, which allowed all 7 of us enough time to get ready, eat and relax before the ceremony. My hair was beautiful and stayed in place all night, which was super impressive given how long our day was and how much I was dancing at the end of the night. I loved working with Judy and would recommend her to all brides!!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Annabel · Married on 10/08/2017

I LOVED working with Judy Hayward. She was absolutely incredible. She was insanely flexible, super chill, funny, personably, totally open to whatever you want, and just dang good at what she does. That she is willing to go to you with zero fee is just amaaaaaazzinnnnnngggg. Also, her prices are AWESOME. She made every singe person in my wedding party, including my mom (which is probably the most important!) feel so good, fun, and beautiful. I have nothing but the best to say, and highly recommend Judy.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Denise · Married on 09/16/2017

I got married at Bold Rock Cider in Nellysford on 9/16/17 but the wedding party got ready at the Boggie Nights Manor right down the street (Air bnb in Afton). Judy and her team were exceptional on my wedding day. They were on time and set up in a bedroom upstairs and rearranged things the way they needed to get the styling going. They took charge and were on a schedule, which I appreciated a lot!
    There were 2 mothers, 4 bridesmaids, and me (the bride) who needed hair done. From 1-4 they worked their magic and made sure all of us were happy and presentable with fabulous hair. Months before the wedding I had 2 trails with Judy. The second one just gave Judy more time to understand my hair, it's very fine with a mind of its own and isn't easy to work with at all.
    On my wedding day my hair was more than perfect, it was so beautiful, i never imagined that it would look as good as it did. My makeup was also flawless, it was simple and resembled me. This was important to me because I normally don't wear a lot of makeup and didn't want to look like someone I wasn't on my wedding day. Judy did a fabulous job!
    I couldn't ask for a better hair stylist & makeup artist on my wedding day; they went above and beyond and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. They were kind, patient, and creative! If you need an on location service in C-ville area then Judy is your lady! Judy is quick to reply to emails; don't hesitate to contact her!
    -Denise

On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 22
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 23
    On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward 24

Lucy · Married on 06/03/2017

Judy and her team were so wonderful! She worked hard to find a hairstyle I liked during my trial, and even though I didn't do a makeup trial she did a fabulous job. Her team was great, even briefly helping out one of my bridesmaids who had opted out of having her hair done professionally. ALSO, when I was getting a little emotional pre-ceremony, Judy had the smarts to remove me from the mirror while she continued doing my hair. She said "in moments like these, the last thing we need is to be watching ourselves cry!" I love Judy -- within 2 minutes I was totally fine.

Sent on 07/19/2017
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 05/06/2017

Judy describes herself on her website as creative, calm, cool, and collected. This is the perfect way to describe Judy. After a horrible hair trial at another salon I was extremely nervous about finding a new hair and makeup stylist. I lived out of state and knew that I would not be able to have time to do another trial. Communicating with Judy was so easy. She and her assistant Vanda arrived at the wedding venue promptly. When I explained how I envisioned my hair she immediately got it, and I was at ease. My hair looked perfect and it held up all night! I have never felt more beautiful! Judy also did the express hair for my three bridesmaids. The only direction I gave was for their hair to be up. She created three beautiful unique hair designs that complemented each bridesmaid. Vanda did the makeup for the entire group. Again, I gave very little direction and the outcome was fantastic. She achieved the perfect balance of looking natural while still being bridal. The way Judy and Vanda worked together was quite impressive at times it seemed like they were able to communicate with each other without using words! I wish they could do my hair and makeup all the time! My husband even commented that he loved my hair so much that he wishes I would wear it like that to all events! I would highly recommend on location bridal to any bride looking for talented and professional artists. Thank you Judy and Vanda!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Katherine · Married on 01/07/2017

Judy and team are wonderful! They are so professional, fun and easy to work with.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

Judy and her team were amazing! She was so helpful with narrowing down my bridal look (I had lots of ideas!) and created exactly what I wanted! I had my bridal portraits a few months before the wedding and Judy did my hair and makeup trial. I knew I was in good hands the entire process and was so happy with my choice in hiring her! She also was very accommodating the day before and did my hair and makeup before my bridesmaids luncheon/ rehearsal. She is so kind and fun to be around too, which you definitely want when you're spending the majority of your day getting ready with someone. I was so happy with the "express styles" that my bridesmaids got done and was also so impressed with how quickly all 12 (yes, 12 bridesmaids) were done!

I highly recommend Judy! I am also so glad to have found a wonderful hairstylist (color and cut) in Charlottesville too!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Claire · Married on 06/18/2016

Judy and her team were amazing to work with. We had a bridal part of 12 women and the morning was seamless. Judy and her team catered to each person's needs and my bridesmaids felt totally themselves after their hair and make-up sessions. Not to mention they looked fabulous! Judy loves her job and is an absolute pro. I highly recommend booking On Location Bridal for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 07/27/2016