Omni Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Montelucia Reviews

24 | Paradise Valley, AZ

24 Reviews for Omni Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Montelucia

A · Married on 04/22/2016

You can't do better than the Montelucia for your wedding (or any event, really). They have the most gorgeous venues for the wedding ceremony and reception as well as countless amazing places for taking pictures around the property. When you step on to the property, you honestly feel like you traveled to the south of Spain with the gorgeous Andalusian architecture/decor. They have amazing rooms, resort amenities for out of town guests (amazing spa, pool, restaurants, café), the BEST food and chef (we had a steak entree and some amazing appetizers that were to die for), the best service, the best location (super close to the airport and in the prestigious Paradise Valley neighborhood) and the best staff. There is no one pickier than me. I looked at comparable properties in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley/Phoenix and the Montelucia won our business hands down by a landslide - no one can come close to the Montelucia in any category. Lauren Ryan was my catering manager and Traci Mead was the person I dealt with to book the Montelucia. Lauren and Traci are absolutely fantastic and extremely professional. I would highly recommend the Montelucia not just for its beauty, superior service and incredible accommodations and food, but I would have an event here again and again just to have Lauren Ryan as the person overseeing my event. Words cannot express how wonderful and professional she is. I will always be grateful to her for making our wedding a beautiful and memorable day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. She went above and beyond before, during and after our event and accommodated so many requests. Traci Mead was also amazing to work with during sales phase. Our guests are still raving about the our wedding, the amazing food, the beauty of the resort. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

The Montelucia is easily the most beautiful resort in the area-- the grounds and architecture are very photogenic for all of our wedding photos. We looked at a ton of venues and the location in front of Camelback Mountain, uniqueness of the resort, food, and staff could not be beat. The coordinator there, Courtney, is absolutely incredible and is willing to work with you on every detail of your wedding. The day of our wedding was perfect, the staff at the Montelucia not only treated my husband and myself like royalty all day, but every single guest was blown away. Additionally their food was spectacular and not just simply "served" but "presented to the guest" in an elegant and thoughtful manner. The staff and coordinators adapted quickly and reliably when things went wrong (a glass breaks, or the ceremony goes over time). The Montelucia is an expensive venue, but if you can spend the money there is nowhere else to get married but here.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Leanne · Married on 09/27/2014

It stormed on my wedding day. My entire wedding was outside. The Montelucia moved the entire thing inside and then back outside once the rain stopped. Their service is impeccable!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/20/2014

This resort is just stunning. We had so many out of town guests who just absolutely loved staying here. I'm so happy I had my wedding at the Montelucia and frankly, there was no where else I wanted to have it. The place is beautiful, the grounds are gorgeous, the amenities are fabulous and the view is just outstanding. The catering department is top notch and they really couldn't have been more accommodating. Traci and Lauren were an absolute delight to work with...especially during the most stressful of times. On top of that, people continue to mention how great the food was.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/19/2014

I have not been able to find words to express how wonderful the Montelucia was in preparing for our wedding - with about 11 days to plan!
    Our original venue cancelled on us 11 days prior to our wedding. In a panic, I started calling around to find a new venue. Upon talking to Courtney Townsend at the Montelucia, I knew I had found our new place.
    Courtney did everything in her power to take the stress off of Chris and I and handle everything for us. Her team helped us book guest rooms, rearrange our vendors, etc. Courtney helped us get a menu together, went through every detail of the wedding, and took all of the pressure, stress, and tears away!
    Our day turned out to be more than we ever could have expected. Courtney was literally an angel sent to help us! Once she took the reigns, everything just flowed. Our day was flawless - Chris and I were taken care of from morning till night (Courtney even brought our scrapbook, cake, champagne, gifts, etc to our room for us!), and we truly could not have asked for more.
    We were treated like family. I honestly don't know how to verbalize how much the team at the Montelucia, namely Courtney, did for us. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/19/2014

The entire staff at Montelucia was AMAZING!!! From planning our wedding with Lauren, who was such a pleasure to work with , to the banquet staff including our banquet captain Jennifer, to the bellman including the bellman captain Isidro, made our wedding weekend/day perfect, not only for us but also for our guests with their kindness and expertise. Everyone went above and beyond and we couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out.

The food was fantastic!! All our guests commented how good it was along with the service. The Valencia Lawn with Camelback Mountain in the background couldn’t have been more beautiful for the ceremony. It was absolutely gorgeous and everyone was in awe.

We are so glad we choose the Montelucia!

Sent on 05/10/2014

Tracy · Married on 09/07/2013

it was a joy working with the staff of the Montelucia. Not only do they have a beautiful setting, they work tirelessly to make sure the event is flawless. They truly care, are flexible during the planning process and extremely efficient. I am so grateful for all they did for us!

Sent on 09/18/2013

The ENTIRE staff at Montelucia Resort is outstanding! From planning our wedding with Courtney, to the amazing banquet staff including our banquet captain Jen our wedding was the most magical day of my life. The service was unparalleled from start to finish and all of our guests commented on how delicious the food was. And of course, I cant forget to mention the beautiful setting with the sunset on Camelback Mountain for our ceremony and the elegant chapel for our reception. I would highly recommend Montelucia to anyone who is looking to enjoy their wedding day and not worry about a thing with this attentive staff.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Debra · Married on 05/07/2011

Love the location.
    Love the atmosphere.
    Love the quality and incredible flavor of the food.
    Love the uniqueness of the property.
    Love the kindness and expertise of the staff.
    Love the service.
    Love the views.
    Greg Hanss who manages the property made sure we had the best wedding ever - the best display of top down management I've ever seen at a hotel or resort. Every body was so kind and fun!
    After searching high and low for the best spot - we chose the Montelucia and were so glad we did. The most beautiful spot in the entire valley for an amazing wedding.
    THE BEST PLACES IN THE E

Sent on 07/18/2011

Justin · Married on 10/22/2010

We had our ceremony only at the Montelucia and couldn't have asked for anything more. We've received nothing but wonderful comments on how beautiful the venue is with the spectacular views from the base of Camelback Mountain. While there was some confusion over who we were working with for our arrangements, once it was settled, they did a fabulous job of making sure we had everything we needed and that everything was available on time. They were even great about coordinating a rehearsal time around another event that was planned on rehearsal day.

Sent on 11/09/2010

brooke · Married on 03/26/2010

The Intercontinental Montelucia is BY FAR the best most beautiful wedding venue a bride could ever ask for. Food, accomodations and service is impeccable. From the day I first toured the property to the day I checked out after my wedding I felt like a queen. If you are planning on getting married in AZ there is no need to look any further than the Montelucia it is PERFECT!

Sent on 06/04/2010

katrine · Married on 02/07/2009

We couldn't have picked a nicer resort to get married. The chapel was unbelievable. Definitely not your typical box of a convention/banquet hall. The staff was so accommodating- going the extra mile to see that everything was taken care of. The food was scrumptious. Many of our guests said it was the best meal they've ever had!

Sent on 02/12/2009

peter · Married on 11/25/2017

Amazing wedding. Amazing resort. We were there for 5 days - everyone loved the resort, great suites, awesome pools, a lot of places to entertain. The wedding exceeded our expectations, the setting is perfect, the food and beverage during the wedding was the best we ever have experienced. There was not one thing I would change. The entire team at the Omni Scottsdale is excellent!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Hanna · Married on 03/28/2015

I had my wedding here in March! To me it was perfect, besides the AZ heat. The views of camelback mountain are to die for. The team at Montelucia was amazing, very easy to work with and extremely dependable. My guest loved the per-ceremony signature cocktails, the late night menu (it was a bacon/potato bar) and the how beautiful the resort is. The waiting staff was friendly and on top of getting food and drinks to my guest! I worked with Lauren Ryan. I highly recommend her, she has killer ideas and is supportive of your ideas at the same time. She is amazing! Thank you Montelucia for a wonderful wedding.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Emily · Married on 10/12/2013

The staff at montelucia went above and beyond to make our entire wedding weekend flawless for us and all of our out of town guests. From the bellmen to our event coordinator at the resort, Lauren, nothing was too much. The ceremony site was spectacular. The reception was perfect--the service amazing. A perfect weekend.

Sent on 10/14/2013

3.5

The food at our event was immaculate. We could not have been happier with the taste and presentation from the Chef. However, the front of the house left something to be desired.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Sheena · Married on 03/08/2012

We got a great promo for all of our out of town guests.... Stay two nights, get the third free!

Sent on 04/17/2012
  • Tracie

Tracie · Married on 09/27/2015

3.5

I can't even begin to explain how perfect and beautiful my wedding was at Montelucia. It was my dream wedding for sure! I just got married Sept 27 2015 and everything was perfect! The resort is so beautiful. There are views of camelback mountain all over the resort. We live in Chicago so this was a destination wedding. We had 70 people fly out and most stayed there and could not have been happier with everything about this resort. The rooms, pool, food and service were amazing! I got married on the Valencia Lawn. I don't think there could be a more beautiful place to get married. The staff makes you feel like royalty there. I have no complaints
    The reception was held in Castillo Lucena and it was SO beautiful. It is expensive but if you can do it, its so worth it! I already cant wait to go back and visit!

Sent on 10/02/2015

4.2
      3.5

The resort is beautiful and our wedding could not have been more perfect! Courtney was such a great person to work with and she really went above and beyond to see that our wedding went well and that our vision was brought to life.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Angelina · Married on 10/08/2010

3.4
      2.5

The Montelucia was the destination for my ceremony and reception. I really loved the view and they gave me a great price for the place.

Cons: Dealing with the staff was less than desirable. Anytime I would ask for something it was always met by a "No." I asked to do the bar on consumption and they said they couldn't do that. I asked to do the ceremony sooner and they said an event would be going on right before my wedding. They gave us an hour to prep for a 175 person wedding! When my husband contacted the staff member, she got so angry she hung up on him and never relayed the information to her manager. My husband finally asked that she not be present during our wedding although she was our wedding coordinator the day of. Also there were some issues with the ready rooms but ended up working out as I had to repeatedly keep asking. We were definitely not pleased with the professionalism nor with their flexibility for issues that came up.

Pros: The service staff the day of the wedding was simply amazing. They had what felt like a butler serving us champagne right after the ceremony and cheses and fruits. Once inside, we were also served first and allowed to get what we wanted with our own waitress who also took our plates to our table. I felt like we were at a really fancy restaurant. The glasses and silverware were immaculately shined, the barstaff was really friendly and nice and the white glove service was something you hardly see anymore. They even gave hot towels to the guests after the dinner. When my husband and I cut the cake, we wanted to try all 3 flavors but forgot to tell them as we got back out on the dance floor. When I came back to the table, there were 3 pieces of cake of each kind, one plate for me and one for my husband. I didn't even tell them! We got to sit and enjoy all the cake. It was touches like this that made the service stand out.

Overall, I really enjoyed the venue. I didn't really like the restrictions they have for certain things and they are lacking in the customer service department when booking the wedding. Had it not been for the waitstaff I would have had to give a scathing review. So, take caution and have a bad experience leading up to the wedding and then maybe an awesome wedding day. It seems it can either be a really great experience here or a really terrible one. Luckily mine turned out okay and I never have to deal with them again. Good luck!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Jay · Married on 04/13/2014

2.0
      0.0

The Montelucia is a beautiful resort and was an amazing backdrop for our wedding.

However, just like many wedding venues, additional costs and unreasonable charges kept adding up. Much of our planning was spent negotiating against the Montelucia rather than working with them.

Location and food quality were top notch. Value and planning experience were just okay. I'd recommend this venue only to anyone who has money to burn but wants a beautiful setting.

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 04/09/2010

1.4
      1.5

This venue is sooooo beautiful! I would recommend having your engagement portraits done here. If you decide to book this for your wedding event, MAKE SURE you have an event/wedding coordinator.

The staff is very friendly and helpful; however the catering service manager and room reservations mgr were not. The catering svc mgr was very forgetful and didn't provide any assistance to my event. We met 1 day before the wedding to go over final details, and she was asking the SAME questions the day of! In the beginning of our meeting she made it very clear to me that she was not a wedding coordinator and that I should handle everything on my own. And boy did she mean that! I had to contact room reservations, resort salon, and lighting (same venue) all on my own. It was very stressful the day of and I believe it wouldn't have if I just had a room to get ready and store my items before the ceremony-as promised.
    The departments (room reservations, banquet events, salon, and lighting) within the resort don't communicate with each other, which made it very frustrating.

I'm going to stick to my previous statement above, just have your engagement portraits done here. It really is beautiful!

Sent on 04/21/2010

Katie · Married on 06/05/2010

1.2
      1.0
      1.0

Pros: This place is beautiful. You can come here and lose yourself and all your stress and have a great time and (usually) the service is wonderful. Great place for taking pictures, having dinner, or spending a weekend. Food is also great at Prado and rooms are very luxurious.

Cons: Oh where to start...The planning process was touch and go, they would promise things that they never delivered on or nickle and dimed us even though we were paying more then enough for a little flexibility. A week before the wedding we were informed that the coordinator we were dealing with at the resort was "no longer with the company" and we would be working with someone else. The new coordinator did a better job in one week then all the banquet staff did in the previous 10 months of planning. That should have tipped me off on how our wedding weekend was going to go.
    Day of, we were told the grooms/groomsman getting ready room was ready for them at 10 AM. They got there at 12 and were told the room couldn't be checked into yet. So we had all the men in the bride/bridesmaid's room to stay out of the heat while we were starting to get ready. Then they were supposed to have the "Ferdinand's Cellar" for at least an hour prior to the ceremony to wait in and take pictures in as part of our package with the chapel. They were in there at that time and were kicked out because there was supposedly a dinner in there to be set up for. So we had all the guys then shuffled around in their tuxes with nowhere (again) to relax.
    The set up we had gone over many times prior was not what was done the day of, to the point that part of the centerpieces were missing because they were supposed to supply something that they didn't.
    The banquet serving staff was terrible. Champagne was served to every table except one of the most important tables with my PARENTS. My dad gave the welcome toast with a glass of wine he poured himself. We had religious people who turned down the champagne and were not offered anything, not even water, as a substitute to toast with. While a server came by the head table pouring dressing on the salads, he dripped on my husband's vest and then dripped on me, luckily my arm was over my dress. Then came the worst part...When they brought by the wine selection during dinner, some servers decided this was a good time to start ID'ing people(after the bar had already been serving during the cocktail reception). They ID'ed our wedding party! And then threatened to take away their drinks, causing some of our wedding party to have to leave the reception to go to their rooms and find their IDs. They made my 13 yr old sister feel really bad because THEY poured the champagne before she sat down and she didn't even drink a drop. Then, a server asked a guest if the wine in front of her and her husband was hers. She didn't have her ID on her and she told them she wasn't drinking it so the guy told her that if she had been drinking it, he would have had to ask her to leave. A bride should NOT have to apologize to her guests at her wedding because they were threatened to be kicked out of a WEDDING.

So many other things happened that weekend. Such as things getting "lost" and card keys not working(including the wedding night when we left the reception, real romantic to have to wait for your groom to go get someone to open the door). The service was not what we had come to love and expect from the Montelucia. Not to even mention the huge pool parties they've started having where they let non hotel guests pay to come in and having a DJ, bringing all of Scottsdale's finest with it. There was half naked drunk people everywhere. And this was at the "family" pool.

So I have to say this is a great place to have a short stay and to take pictures at, but not to have a wedding or any event at. If you do, be prepared for disappointment and them not following through. Don't expect them to communicate with you or within their departments, they are all about image not personal at all and more then anything watch your credit card statement, more then one thing was billed twice or with the wrong amount.

Sent on 07/09/2010
  • W

Becky · Married on 05/30/2010

0.4
      0.5

This is a beautiful place, but that is where it stops. The staff was non-responsive, not flexible at all with our requests, and we were overall very dissatisfied with the service. The major issue was that they would over promise and then not deliver at all or deliver half way. We had a private event scheduled from the beginning for our wedding, to only find out that on our wedding date they had also scheduled a drunken, open to the public Vodka party at their pool which was right outside the private Villa we rented. If you just have to have your wedding here, do get a coordinator who can make things happen. Without our coordinator our day would have been a dissaster completely. The food for the dinner was good, but did not make up for all of the things we were promised and contracted for, but did not get.

Sent on 06/08/2010