Omni Richmond Hotel Reviews

30 Reviews for Omni Richmond Hotel

30 Omni Richmond Hotel Reviews
  • alexisdemetra

Alexis · Married on 11/03/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Marybeth on a 450+ person event at the Omni this past year. She was incredibly organized, friendly and responsive, and extremely professional the entire time. I do not believe I could have organized such a fantastic event without her help. The Omni is a wonderful venue for large events and their biggest asset is in Marybeth. I will absolutely use her services again in the future.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I so enjoyed working with you all to host the 100th Anniversary of the Greek Orthodox Church here in Richmond! MaryBeth Bunge, Catering Sales Manager

Ricky · Married on 09/02/2018

Great experience with MaryBeth Bunge and her staff. Great person, great hotel, great food, great value! Thanks again!

Eeica · Married on 08/25/2018

The Omni was great location for a wedding. Everyone was great!

Lea · Married on 06/23/2018

When we were shopping around looking for a venue for our daughters reception all of the looking stopped once we met with Marybeth! We instantly fell in love with her enthusiasm, professionalism and her flexibility! There was nothing this woman couldn't do! She made us all feel like we were royalty! Her suggestions and personal touches meant so much to all of us. She not only took care of the bride and groom, as if they were her own children, but she made sure to take care of their parents and even better care of yiayia! We rented three banquet halls for various events throughout the weekend.. Every one of them was perfect! I can not thank her enough for everything and kudos to the Omni for having such a WONDERFULLY FABULOUS coordinator!

Omni Richmond Hotel 1
    Omni Richmond Hotel 2

Mariam · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Mary Beth and her team at the Omni Richmond hotel. From the first point of contact to the morning after our reception I felt like our wedding was the top priority every step of the way. Mary Beth went above an beyond giving 110% to ensure that I was comfortable and happy with each decision we made. In fact, I was largely out of state for most of the preparation and Mary Beth ensured that I was still able to approve everything within the few days I was in town. It is all in the small details: an additional food tasting, fast reply to emails and phone calls and being present even when I am sure she had 1000 other things going on! I am sure there are other beautiful places to have your wedding all over Richmond; but the Omni and Mary Beth's team will ensure that it is a relaxing, joyful and beautiful experience. I am blown away!

Omni Richmond Hotel 3

Matt · Married on 05/12/2018

My wife and I had our wedding reception in the Omni's James River Ballroom, with a cocktail hour in the prefunction outside the ballroom. The wedding party had full use of the Roanoke room for the entirety of the day. The experience was, overall, fantastic. The hotel rooms had recently been renovated, so our guests were extremely comfortable. My wife and I, as well as our parents, received complimentary welcome platters & water delivered to our room on the first night of our stays. Whenever we had issues, however minor, they were addressed immediately. As an example, a coat rack was delivered to the Roanoke room for the groomsmen within 5 minutes of making a request.

The venue was beautiful & spacious, and our guests could not have been happier. The food was wonderful and our bartenders were courteous. In all, our reception was everything we wanted it to be. The only negative throughout the experience was likely the result of a staff change in the week before our wedding: the room block coordinator left for another location, which resulted in confusion with who received welcome bags, and which ones. That said, the issue was a minor hiccup in what was otherwise a perfect weekend!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Matt, thank you so very much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Alaina as well as your wonderful family! It was also my honor to do both her wedding and sister Laura's wedding a few years ago! My apologies for the gift bag error....we have since implemented a new system to ensure successful delivery. Thank you again and I wish you and your family many years of health and happiness!

Alaina · Married on 05/12/2018

We loved the Omni when my sister had her wedding there, so when it was my turn to get married there was no question where we were going to have our reception! I was a little nervous that my family would make comparisons between my sister's wedding and mine but the event manager, Mary Beth, made sure our days were completely different. It is located in the best area for churches and great activities for guests. We had a wonderful time touring the suites and rooms (which were newly renovated!). Mary Beth and Hala made sure our guests were going to be comfortable and that my husband and I would get VIP status, which we totally did. The tasting for our reception was amazing, the Chefs James and Nick were able to tailor the menu to the Italian theme that we were going for and our guests (many whom were Italian) RAVED about how great the food was; people are still talking about it 4 months after! They even worked in a special dessert for us, cannolis, which were AMAZING and were gone within seconds after dinner! Before the reception started, we were able to have a special moment to view our decorations and practice our first dance before our guests entered. During the reception, we didn't have to go through and get our own food, Shan Shan, Shawn, and Ian made sure our glasses were filled and we had food on our plates. The little bumps we did have, were swiftly taken care of without drama or argument! It was just a wonderful experience, Mary Beth and her team at the Omni really goes the distance for their couples!!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Omni Richmond Hotel 8
    Omni Richmond Hotel 9
    Omni Richmond Hotel 10

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write these very kind words and recognizing so many of our hard working staff members! You know how much I loved working with the two of you and your amazing family! It was an honor and pleasure to help your vision come true!

Megan · Married on 12/31/2017

The Omni was amazing, but even more so than the hotel was MaryBeth Bunge. She helped with everything and couldn’t have been a better support system for our wedding.

Linda · Married on 12/30/2017

We had our daughter’s wedding at the Omni Richmond this past weekend in the James River Ballroom. MaryBeth was our coordinator and she was fantastic! From the early planning, and all the way through she was so detailed and professional. She made it easy for me! The ballroom is gorgeous and the entire staff that evening was friendly and helpful. Our room coordinator Jessica did an excellent job orchestrating our group that stayed, over 60 rooms.
    Really, in Richmond, the Omni was the best place to host our daughter’s wedding! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Thank you so very much for the lovely comments. It was a pleasure working with you and your wonderful family!

Alessandra · Married on 10/29/2017

Everything was perfect at the Omni !! So glad we chose the Omni for our wedding reception !! The people you dealt with were professional, sincere and so respectful of us and our requests. Food was delicious!! Service impeccable! Couldn’t have been better! Thank you Omni for a wonderful experience and a wonderful finish of our Wedding Day!!

Me and Mrs Ally and Will Guthrie

Sent on 12/06/2017

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Thank you so very much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your wonderful family! MaryBeth Bunge Catering Sales Manager

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2017

MaryBeth and team were fantastic! Made our wedding after party perfect.

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

I can't imagine our wedding planning process without MaryBeth and the Omni staff. MaryBeth was not only knowledgeable about the Omni and the overall wedding industry, but she was flexible and worked with us to fit everything into our wedding budget. Her expertise and input was so integral to the wedding process. The Omni staff during our wedding weekend were so friendly and accommodating. They helped my family with valet parking and handicap access for my grandfather. They let me set up some of the wedding decor early so that I could fit everything in our timeline and they helped pack up everything after the wedding to make it easier for all of us to head out after the wedding. We could not have asked for a better experience or team to help host our wedding weekend. I would highly recommend using the Omni for any event!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I so enjoyed working with you and your wonderfully fun family!!! MaryBeth Bunge, Catering Sales Manager

Stacy · Married on 09/09/2017

MaryBeth was an absolute pleasure to work with. I had a 40th Anniversary Party for my parents, and MaryBeth was there every step of the way - from conceptualization, to planning, to the actual event. She made the process seamless. My parents both commented that the event was the best day of their lives. I can't thank her enough for all the assistance she provided.

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Omni Richmond Hotel 11
    Omni Richmond Hotel 12
    Omni Richmond Hotel 13
    Omni Richmond Hotel 14

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We were honored to be a part of their very special day! MaryBeth Bunge, Catering Sales Manager

Eunique · Married on 07/21/2017

Working with Marybeth was truly a pleasure. She gave me an awesome deal and helped me work within my budget while still preserving the class of a wedding. Honestly a blessing.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Omni Richmond Hotel's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you. I am so glad we were able to help you meet your budget and still produce a memorable event. Thank you for choosing the Omni Richmond! MaryBeth Bunge Catering Sales Manager

Alana · Married on 06/17/2017

Planning my sister's wedding at the Omni Richmond Hotel was a dream come true! From the very first walk through to clean up, the entire Omni staff was incredible. Especially MaryBeth! She made the planning process so easy with her calm demeanor and flexibility. Whenever we had a question, MaryBeth always had an answer (quickly too!) She made sure that we stayed on top of everything and was flexible with all of our requests. The food was absolutely delicious too- we didn't have one complaint from a guest! I cannot thank MaryBeth and the entire Omni staff enough- THANKS A MILLION.

linda · Married on 11/26/2016

I can not say enough about the professional and individual attention we received from everyone at the Omni. Marybeth and her staff made us all feel so special and the wedding was just magnificent! They catered to our every wishes and exceeded our expectation. The food was delicious! Not your typical "catered event food". The guests couldn't stop gushing about the weekend and how great it was to be in one place. I highly recommend the Farewell Breakfast on the balcony. It was Top Shelf all the way and everyone was so impressed with the spread as well as the Omelet Chef.

Amy · Married on 12/13/2015

Omni Richmond Hotel is a beautiful location both inside and out. The recently renovated hotel is the perfect spot to host your wedding while the surrounding area will keep your guests entertained with history, nature, and a fantastic night life. The staff is knowledgeable, professional, and will make sure your special day is everything you dreamed it would be.

Laura · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband & I researched all wedding venues able to accommodate 130+ in Richmond. We worked with Adrienne and midway through our planning she left her position and we were introduced to MaryBeth (they are able to handle transitions/changes is extremely important when planning so far in advance!). Their priority is hospitality- it's ingrained in their culture; because of this they are gracious to all guests & family!
    1. price, it’s an EXCELLENT value. We had a budget of 30-35k for EVERYTHING not just catering/venue. We had:
    elegant cocktail space & ballroom
    6 food stations (custom our event, literally we sat with the chef- our guests raved about the prime rib/lobster/shrimp/etc)
    5 hours open bar
    HUGE dance floor, 27x27, everyone could join in the fun
    av support
    elegant bathrooms (went to some places where this was an afterthought)
    2. convenience for guests:
    luxury accommodations attached to venue, in the middle of the city, guests were thrilled they could go to their room switch out shoes/attend to kids etc
    3. Omni’s staff
    These are the people who make sure everything goes off without a hitch so you can enjoy your wedding! MaryBeth went above & beyond ( My mom is type A++ and MaryBeth was able to accommodate her, my family, & make sure that WE, the bride & groom (...also type A, perfectionists as well) got what we wanted.. no small task.
    4. perks of Omni
    complimentary honeymoon stay at 1 of 14 resorts ** We went to The Omni Homestead the Sunday after our wedding & after the hectic weekend to have a getaway already built in & planned activities was amazing and pampering
    - use of presidential suite for getting ready the day of & wedding night- it was so nice to have the space & looks so elegant in all our pictures

Everything felt positive & secure because I knew that if something came up or didn't go as plan MaryBeth & team could handle it in stride and find a solution before guests realized. I highly recommend the Omni and their staff.

My husband and I had our wedding and reception here. It was an Indian wedding, and they were very accommodating of all of our cultural needs, including having a small fire for the ceremony and an outside caterer for the food. Adrienne was so friendly and professional, always available, and quick to reply to even the smallest of requests. She just took care of everything and had ideas and suggestions for anything that I did not know the answer to or hadn't planned for. After the ceremony, the card box got misplaced, which was very upsetting to me when I realized it the next morning. However, the security staff was very understanding of how important it was to me and immediately set off searching for it - and found it!

Aside from the great service, a huge added bonus to the Omni was its location. Since most of our guests were from out of town, Shockoe Slip was just a great and convenient area for them to be in with lots of great restaurants for their other meals within walking distance. We were able to "after-party" with our guests at an establishment right across the street - which was where my husband and I had met!

Mia · Married on 10/05/2013

The Omni Richmond Hotel made my wedding day a dream come true. They catered to my every need. It was very organized from beginning to end. Even the wedding rehearsal ran smoothly which they actually run for you! I would highly suggest having your ceremony and reception here. It was very elegant and a day I will never forget. Thank you Omni!

Catering Manager expertise, courtesy and professionalism exemplary; gold standard. Would highly recommend!

Julie · Married on 06/15/2013

I was married to my husband Chris in June of 2013 and our reception was at the Omni Hotel in Richmond, Virginia. From start to finish it was an enjoyable experience working so closely with the Omni’s staff to plan every last detail that eventually led to an absolutely perfect wedding reception. The wedding coordinator, Adrienne, was wonderful. Her easy going demeanor and diligent work ethic made the planning feel seamless and the stress levels minimal. She was quick to respond to emails and never seemed over-burdened by the constant contact from my very “Type-A” mother. I can honestly say that I would not have changed a single thing about the reception.

The Magnolia Room was transformed into my dream come true. The additional lighting was very affordable and just right thanks to the Omni’s own lighting coordinator, Darnell. The food was absolutely delicious and the endless options made finding options that best suited our guests an easy task. I had multiple guests tell me that it was the best wedding and reception they had ever been to and I have the Omni to thank for that.

Maria · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the ballroom at the Omni, and it was absolutely beautiful!! We could not have asked for a better staff to work with. Adrienne had just started working at the Omni as wedding coordinator a few months before our wedding, and she jumped in and made me feel at ease as if I had been working with her all along. No detail was missed! Darnell, A/V Director, worked with our budget and made our lighting dreams come true -the already beautiful room looked even more stunning with lights changing colors throughout the night. And I can't forget the food! We had a sit-down dinner with three options - filet mignon, crab cakes and veggie for 160 people, and the food was made to perfection! We had so many guests come up to us and tell us how delicious their meal was. Hands down, if we had to do it all over again, there would be no hesitation - we would go with the Omni.

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our reception at The Omni in The James River Ballroom and it was absolutely perfect. We worked with Adrienne who was very professional and always available when we had questions or concerns. She made the day of the wedding stress free as she took care of every detail, even ones I had forgotten about. The food was amazing and the portion sizes were much bigger than expected. We received a ton of compliments from our guests on the food. The majority of our guests came from out of town and were impressed with the overall hospitality of the hotel staff. I would highly recommend the Omni to anyone planning a wedding. The hotel is gorgeous, the staff is very professional and hospitable and is in a prime location.