29 Reviews for Omni Richmond Hotel

Centerpieces (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Lighting (1)
28 Omni Richmond Hotel Reviews

I had the pleasure of working with Marybeth on a 450+ person event at the Omni this past year. She was incredibly organized, friendly and responsive, and extremely professional the entire time. I do not believe I could have organized such a fantastic event without her help. The Omni is a wonderful venue for large events and their biggest asset is in Marybeth. I will absolutely use her services again in the future.

Profile Picture Alexis, 11/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great experience with MaryBeth Bunge and her staff. Great person, great hotel, great food, great value! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Ricky, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Omni was great location for a wedding. Everyone was great!

Profile Picture Eeica, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we were shopping around looking for a venue for our daughters reception all of the looking stopped once we met with Marybeth! We instantly fell in love with her enthusiasm, professionalism and her flexibility! There was nothing this woman couldn't do! She made us all feel like we were royalty! Her suggestions and personal touches meant so much to all of us. She not only took care of the bride and groom, as if they were her own children, but she made sure to take care of their parents and even better care of yiayia! We rented three banquet halls for various events throughout the weekend.. Every one of them was perfect! I can not thank her enough for everything and kudos to the Omni for having such a WONDERFULLY FABULOUS coordinator!

Profile Picture Lea, 6/23/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough positive things about Mary Beth and her team at the Omni Richmond hotel. From the first point of contact to the morning after our reception I felt like our wedding was the top priority every step of the way. Mary Beth went above an beyond giving 110% to ensure that I was comfortable and happy with each decision we made. In fact, I was largely out of state for most of the preparation and Mary Beth ensured that I was still able to approve everything within the few days I was in town. It is all in the small details: an additional food tasting, fast reply to emails and phone calls and being present even when I am sure she had 1000 other things going on! I am sure there are other beautiful places to have your wedding all over Richmond; but the Omni and Mary Beth's team will ensure that it is a relaxing, joyful and beautiful experience. I am blown away!

Profile Picture Mariam, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I had our wedding reception in the Omni's James River Ballroom, with a cocktail hour in the prefunction outside the ballroom. The wedding party had full use of the Roanoke room for the entirety of the day. The experience was, overall, fantastic. The hotel rooms had recently been renovated, so our guests were extremely comfortable. My wife and I, as well as our parents, received complimentary welcome platters & water delivered to our room on the first night of our stays. Whenever we had issues, however minor, they were addressed immediately. As an example, a coat rack was delivered to the Roanoke room for the groomsmen within 5 minutes of making a request.

The venue was beautiful & spacious, and our guests could not have been happier. The food was wonderful and our bartenders were courteous. In all, our reception was everything we wanted it to be. The only negative throughout the experience was likely the result of a staff change in the week before our wedding: the room block coordinator left for another location, which resulted in confusion with who received welcome bags, and which ones. That said, the issue was a minor hiccup in what was otherwise a perfect weekend!

Profile Picture Matt, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
1.8

Don't do it. I reserved my hotel block here for my wedding guests. I couldn't have gotten more complaints from my guests. First, they didn't put our rooms together. My whole wedding party was scattered throughout on various floors. Second, the food was horrible. I got complaints that the breakfast was over priced and tasted bad. My new husband and I ordered room service for breakfast and aside from taking an hour to get it, when it did arrive it was cold. So that was $100 down the drain. Third, my guests complained the bartender in the hotel was rude. Rolled his eyes multiple times, huffed and puffed, etc. Fourth, they charged a $50 incidental fee without telling my guests they were doing so. I had two bridesmaids call and ask what the charge (not pending charge, an actual charge) was for. The person they spoke with wasn't helpful and said to call accounting and/or wait a couple days to see if it gets refunded. One of my guests was charged their entire stay TWICE resulting in an overdraft in their bank account. Again, staff was not helpful and rude. It's a week later and they have not resolved the problem. Fifth, mini bar fridge was locked in two rooms so guests couldn't use it. Sixth, CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!! This was the biggest complaint I got. "Why is someone tap dancing in high heels above me" was a text I got at 7:30A.M. on Sunday. I was on the 16th floor and was woken up by the noise but I have kids so I'm used to getting up at the crack of dawn. I continued to get additional texts regarding the early morning noise from several of my other guests on different floors. This makes me so sad because I vouched for this hotel and the extra cost.

Profile Picture kristin, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Unique Services (Other)

The Omni was amazing, but even more so than the hotel was MaryBeth Bunge. She helped with everything and couldn’t have been a better support system for our wedding.

Profile Picture Megan, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our daughter’s wedding at the Omni Richmond this past weekend in the James River Ballroom. MaryBeth was our coordinator and she was fantastic! From the early planning, and all the way through she was so detailed and professional. She made it easy for me! The ballroom is gorgeous and the entire staff that evening was friendly and helpful. Our room coordinator Jessica did an excellent job orchestrating our group that stayed, over 60 rooms.
Really, in Richmond, the Omni was the best place to host our daughter’s wedding! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Linda, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

Everything was perfect at the Omni !! So glad we chose the Omni for our wedding reception !! The people you dealt with were professional, sincere and so respectful of us and our requests. Food was delicious!! Service impeccable! Couldn’t have been better! Thank you Omni for a wonderful experience and a wonderful finish of our Wedding Day!!

Me and Mrs Ally and Will Guthrie

Profile Picture Alessandra , 10/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

MaryBeth and team were fantastic! Made our wedding after party perfect.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't imagine our wedding planning process without MaryBeth and the Omni staff. MaryBeth was not only knowledgeable about the Omni and the overall wedding industry, but she was flexible and worked with us to fit everything into our wedding budget. Her expertise and input was so integral to the wedding process. The Omni staff during our wedding weekend were so friendly and accommodating. They helped my family with valet parking and handicap access for my grandfather. They let me set up some of the wedding decor early so that I could fit everything in our timeline and they helped pack up everything after the wedding to make it easier for all of us to head out after the wedding. We could not have asked for a better experience or team to help host our wedding weekend. I would highly recommend using the Omni for any event!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

MaryBeth was an absolute pleasure to work with. I had a 40th Anniversary Party for my parents, and MaryBeth was there every step of the way - from conceptualization, to planning, to the actual event. She made the process seamless. My parents both commented that the event was the best day of their lives. I can't thank her enough for all the assistance she provided.

Profile Picture Stacy, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Marybeth was truly a pleasure. She gave me an awesome deal and helped me work within my budget while still preserving the class of a wedding. Honestly a blessing.

Profile Picture Eunique, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs, Furniture, Bridal Suite, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Planning my sister's wedding at the Omni Richmond Hotel was a dream come true! From the very first walk through to clean up, the entire Omni staff was incredible. Especially MaryBeth! She made the planning process so easy with her calm demeanor and flexibility. Whenever we had a question, MaryBeth always had an answer (quickly too!) She made sure that we stayed on top of everything and was flexible with all of our requests. The food was absolutely delicious too- we didn't have one complaint from a guest! I cannot thank MaryBeth and the entire Omni staff enough- THANKS A MILLION.

Profile Picture Alana, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough about the professional and individual attention we received from everyone at the Omni. Marybeth and her staff made us all feel so special and the wedding was just magnificent! They catered to our every wishes and exceeded our expectation. The food was delicious! Not your typical "catered event food". The guests couldn't stop gushing about the weekend and how great it was to be in one place. I highly recommend the Farewell Breakfast on the balcony. It was Top Shelf all the way and everyone was so impressed with the spread as well as the Omelet Chef.

Profile Picture linda, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake

The Omni made planning my wedding very easy and low stress - the package options worked perfectly and everything turned out great. They didn't ask a thing of me on wedding day!!! Mary Beth is a true professional and I would highly recommend the Omni for anyone's special day!!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Omni Richmond Hotel is a beautiful location both inside and out. The recently renovated hotel is the perfect spot to host your wedding while the surrounding area will keep your guests entertained with history, nature, and a fantastic night life. The staff is knowledgeable, professional, and will make sure your special day is everything you dreamed it would be.

Profile Picture User6211934, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Indoor, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

My husband & I researched all wedding venues able to accommodate 130+ in Richmond. We worked with Adrienne and midway through our planning she left her position and we were introduced to MaryBeth (they are able to handle transitions/changes is extremely important when planning so far in advance!). Their priority is hospitality- it's ingrained in their culture; because of this they are gracious to all guests & family!
1. price, it’s an EXCELLENT value. We had a budget of 30-35k for EVERYTHING not just catering/venue. We had:
elegant cocktail space & ballroom
6 food stations (custom our event, literally we sat with the chef- our guests raved about the prime rib/lobster/shrimp/etc)
5 hours open bar
HUGE dance floor, 27x27, everyone could join in the fun
av support
elegant bathrooms (went to some places where this was an afterthought)
2. convenience for guests:
luxury accommodations attached to venue, in the middle of the city, guests were thrilled they could go to their room switch out shoes/attend to kids etc
3. Omni’s staff
These are the people who make sure everything goes off without a hitch so you can enjoy your wedding! MaryBeth went above & beyond ( My mom is type A++ and MaryBeth was able to accommodate her, my family, & make sure that WE, the bride & groom (...also type A, perfectionists as well) got what we wanted.. no small task.
4. perks of Omni
complimentary honeymoon stay at 1 of 14 resorts ** We went to The Omni Homestead the Sunday after our wedding & after the hectic weekend to have a getaway already built in & planned activities was amazing and pampering
- use of presidential suite for getting ready the day of & wedding night- it was so nice to have the space & looks so elegant in all our pictures

Everything felt positive & secure because I knew that if something came up or didn't go as plan MaryBeth & team could handle it in stride and find a solution before guests realized. I highly recommend the Omni and their staff.

Profile Picture Laura , 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Linens
4.7

Everything was absolutely perfect! I would highly recommend the Omni Richmond for a rehearsal dinner location in downtown Richmond. In addition, our guests stayed there and loved the experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and professional. We cannot say enough about how thrilled we were with the Omni and their incredible staff.

Profile Picture Katherine, 12/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I had our wedding and reception here. It was an Indian wedding, and they were very accommodating of all of our cultural needs, including having a small fire for the ceremony and an outside caterer for the food. Adrienne was so friendly and professional, always available, and quick to reply to even the smallest of requests. She just took care of everything and had ideas and suggestions for anything that I did not know the answer to or hadn't planned for. After the ceremony, the card box got misplaced, which was very upsetting to me when I realized it the next morning. However, the security staff was very understanding of how important it was to me and immediately set off searching for it - and found it!

Aside from the great service, a huge added bonus to the Omni was its location. Since most of our guests were from out of town, Shockoe Slip was just a great and convenient area for them to be in with lots of great restaurants for their other meals within walking distance. We were able to "after-party" with our guests at an establishment right across the street - which was where my husband and I had met!

Profile Picture User4249870, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Omni Richmond Hotel made my wedding day a dream come true. They catered to my every need. It was very organized from beginning to end. Even the wedding rehearsal ran smoothly which they actually run for you! I would highly suggest having your ceremony and reception here. It was very elegant and a day I will never forget. Thank you Omni!

Profile Picture Mia, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Catering Manager expertise, courtesy and professionalism exemplary; gold standard. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture User3614700, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)

I was married to my husband Chris in June of 2013 and our reception was at the Omni Hotel in Richmond, Virginia. From start to finish it was an enjoyable experience working so closely with the Omni’s staff to plan every last detail that eventually led to an absolutely perfect wedding reception. The wedding coordinator, Adrienne, was wonderful. Her easy going demeanor and diligent work ethic made the planning feel seamless and the stress levels minimal. She was quick to respond to emails and never seemed over-burdened by the constant contact from my very “Type-A” mother. I can honestly say that I would not have changed a single thing about the reception.

The Magnolia Room was transformed into my dream come true. The additional lighting was very affordable and just right thanks to the Omni’s own lighting coordinator, Darnell. The food was absolutely delicious and the endless options made finding options that best suited our guests an easy task. I had multiple guests tell me that it was the best wedding and reception they had ever been to and I have the Omni to thank for that.

Profile Picture Julie, 6/15/13, 2 Reviews