Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Reviews

Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort 5
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort 6
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort 7

Meresa · Married on 12/16/2017

My wedding planner initionally recommended the Omni to me when I told her I wanted a little bit of a destination wedding (living in south Florida) . I said i wanted to be close, but not to close... something different and beautiful! I had never heard of the hotel, googled it, and booked it, without ever visiting the property. From there on out, they never disappointed. My wedding was everything and more and reminded me of a fairy tail. I loved and appreciated everyone from the Omni staff. Everyone we came into contact with went above and beyond for us and our guests. Every stay I had at the Omni including the wedding weekend, was nothing short of perfection! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a fabulous time, amazing food, and stunning scenery! ! Thanks again for an amazingly beautiful and perfect wedding!! Also a Special thanks to Sune and Dorry !!

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort 14
    Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort 15
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 10/15/2017

We planned a destination wedding here and I cannot say how thankful we are for Sune and ALL of the staff at Omni Amelia Island. Every single staff member went above and beyond not only for myself and my husband, but all of our family and guests as well. The resort is beautiful and very well maintained. The venues and guestrooms are clean. I was worried that things might be in disarray after a hurricane went through a couple weeks before our day, but everything was handled and organized exceptionally. The food was AMAZING!! We never had a bad meal while there. The planning process was seamless with Sune's help-and I have very high organizing and planning expectations being a massive type-A, control freak. :) Already planning a 1st anniversary trip back!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Jillian · Married on 02/18/2017

The Omni Plantation as a whole was absolutely wonderful to myself, my family and all of our guests. From when we checked into our villa on Wednesday evening to when we checked out on Sunday morning, everything was top notch. The speed of service, the willingness to accommodate, the professionalism and kind smiles the whole time were perfect! All of my guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the Omni and the staff. We had our ceremony on the beach in front of the hotel and our reception at Walker's Landing. The reception at Walker's was perfect! The set-up, the cake, the food - all great! The cake was four tiered with two different flavors and tasted amazing! The food was so delicious. Normally wedding food can be the worst, their food was so amazing! The only issues that we encountered were with the list of guests staying on the property. The Omni can only pull a list of guests that are staying specifically in the hotel. If you have guests in the villas they can not pull a list for them, which made handing out welcome guest bags a bit difficult. Thanks Sune and Omni for a wonderful wedding weekend!

Sent on 02/20/2017

We held our wedding at Walker's Landing, through the Omni. Being a destination wedding, the consolidation of services the Omni offered provided a huge benefit. Having our venue, catering, and rentals (tables, chairs, ect) all through one vendor allowed us to not pay for full wedding coordinator services from an outside vendor. Our contact at Omni was Carol, who was just fantastic! She answered all our questions and even worked with us to create a custom catering menu outside of what the vendor normally offered. We would highly recommend the Omni as a venue!

Sent on 05/04/2016

melissa · Married on 10/23/2015

We got married at the omni on the walkers landing venue property. It was absolutely perfect. The sunset is beautiful at this property and the natural environment makes for great photos.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Monica · Married on 09/05/2015

We just had our wedding at the Omni Plantation and it was just beautiful! Everyone loved the resort and especially the FOOD! That is something that people will always remember about your wedding and we just knew this was the right location. The accommodations were wonderful and we loved every minute of our special day! We highly recommend this beautiful resort!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 03/28/2015

Carol Burns was amazing! She made our wedding weekend even better than I had imagined. She put up with my millions of questions and was always so helpful and nice! She put all my nerves at ease. She's really the best wedding coordinator ever!!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Everything about my experience with the Omni Amelia Island was WONDERFUL. Carol Burns was amazing. She answered all my questions, always returned my calls and emails in a timely manner. The facilities are beautiful, the food was awesome, not a single complaint!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Katherine · Married on 12/02/2017

We had a special connection to Amelia Island Plantation, so once we decided on Walker's Landing for our wedding venue, we were bursting with ideas for our wedding day. We found our wedding planner through their Preferred Vendor List and she made our wedding every bit of amazing. While the communication with Omni could've used a little more attention, the Omni went out of their way to make us feel special. Every visit for planning, the tasting, etc. was a WONDERFUL experience, which makes planning that much more enjoyable. The Plantation is gorgeous and we were so excited to have our guests come experience it. The ONLY issue we had with value was for our guests. We had blocked off rooms which were supposed to be a great, low rate for the wedding weekend, but leading up to the wedding, you could go online and get it about $30 cheaper per night through the website. It was a little embarrassing to tell our guests that, but at least it meant they could save more money. We also had a beach bonfire and hosted a "Welcome Party" in one of the suites and both of those events were absolutely perfect. We loved the staff and how accommodating they all were. We will be back year after year to spend time at one of the most perfect spots in Florida!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Gillian · Married on 09/23/2017

I have been coming to Amelia Island Plantation before it was run by Omni, so I was already inclined to love the place. However, they beyond surpassed my wildest dreams. Everyone I spoke with was professional and lovely. The details were all seen to. Kevin the pastry chef made a fabulous cake and Ramel provided a buffet dinner that was fabulous and left everyone stuffed. Sune Holt took care of me during the planning phases and helped us to negotiate what we wanted and needed as well as what would be helpful to the guests. The only issue we had was with some of the guests not having an easy time using the room block, but Omni was receptive to this as well. My guests are all planning on making this a vacation destination of their own in the future.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Candace · Married on 05/23/2015

3.0

Our wedding was held at "The Chapel" at The Plantation but our reception was held at "The Omni". We worked with Whitney who was charming and professional and really seemed to understand our needs. The food was excellent and exceeded our expectations and the Ocean Terrace was beautiful with cocktails on the terrace before moving inside for dinner. Every detail was just as we had requested and even better. There was excellent signing provided to direct people to the room as well. We were very happy with this venue.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Lori · Married on 11/04/2017

2.5

I had an intimate wedding (15 people) at the Omni AIP, and it was the most perfect day ever. Sune took really great care of us, even moving the reception location at the last minute when some lighting issues came up at the site we had been planning on. I did have to follow-up with them a couple times concerning discrepancies on business matters (once to have the contract match the proposal and then to have the final bill match the contract) which is the only reason I didn't give five stars across the board. Although, the service quality was truly great, so I didn't mind having a few little hiccups on the business side of things. I was really impressed by how much Sune was willing to do for me on the wedding day. Really great value for the price!

Sent on 11/14/2017
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 10/27/2018

3.0

Dream Location

We had a destination wedding from Pittsburgh to Florida and choosing the Omni was a no brainer. The resort is beautiful and Walkers Landing is amazing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Planning a wedding from Pittsburgh was relatively easy with their help. We worked with Linsey and she was extremely organized and on top of things the entire time. They have many events going on all year long so response times were a bit slow, but everything got planned in plenty of time. Another reason we loved it here was because they took care of a lot of things, where at other venues you would have to hire several other vendors. The food came from the Omni (so good btw), the cake, tables/chairs, servers and bar tenders, linens etc. Plus, we used PRI Productions for our florals and decor and they work out of the Omni Resort and know the events team very well. Making it even easier.

Coordinating the rehearsal dinner and after party was also very easy because we did everything onsite and it was all billed to our master account. Since this was a destination wedding and most of our guests came from PA, we had a welcome bonfire on the beach on Friday and I would highly recommend! Everyone had a great time.

Overall, great experience! Can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 02/11/2019

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

Do not book this venue. While the Omni is a lovely location, it is not worth the hassle.

My wedding is less than 2 weeks away (early October). I have not been able to get my special events manager to respond in any meaningful way for the past several months. Due to my frustration, I hired a local wedding planner to help me do business with this venue. She has not had much success either.

I am not sure how the wedding will turn out. I do not have a confirmed menu at this point. I do not have a confirmed room setup at this point. I have asked repeatedly for an estimate of cost per capita, and have received none. I have nothing confirmed at this point, and it is not for lack of trying on my part. I met in person with the special events manager, and while that meeting seemed to go well, the lack of follow-up has been disappointing, and it is unclear if anything that was decided during that meeting will translate into the actual event.

It was difficult to score "value" and "flexibility" above as we have not yet made it to our event date. However, given the monies we have already deposited with the venue, the value of services with regards to event planning that we have received is beyond disappointing.

We will never stay at a property in the Omni portfolio again, after this terrible experience we are having planning our wedding at the Amelia Island location.

Sent on 09/19/2016