Olive or Twist Reviews

9 | Pittsburgh, PA

9 Reviews for Olive or Twist

9 Olive or Twist Reviews

Tasha · Married on 10/10/2015

We had our wedding reception here this weekend & it couldn't have gone any better! Thank you so much to Brandon and the event staff for making our wedding go so smoothly! I had multiple people say it was one of the best weddings they had been to, and that "all weddings should be like this." The cocktail-style reception allowed for a relaxed, party atmosphere, but there were plenty of seats and table-tops for our 100 guests. Brandon was also quick to respond to all of my emails and was incredibly knowledgeable & dead-on with his estimations as far as cost and the right amount of food for our guests. Thank you again, our wedding was perfect! Highly recommended!

After getting married at Amplify Church on Smallman Street, we wanted an evening wedding reception close by in the city - Olive or Twist was perfect and totally delivered! The space comfortably accommodated our 130 guests and the food and service were exceptional throughout the planning and event night. Brandon, the event manager, listened to our vision and helped make it happen. The space, complimented by our personal touches, was exactly what we were looking for in a cosmopolitan evening party and the sounds of the band we brought in were great with plenty of dancing space! We went with evening appetizers and brought in our own dessert bar selections. Our guests also loved the tremendous drink selection of Olive or Twist and the fun, attentive bar tenders! Hands down, wouldn't have changed a thing and wish we could throw that party every year as husband and wife...we just might :). - Andrew and Jessica, 8.22.2015

Katie · Married on 11/15/2014

I am still in awe with how smoothly my wedding went that took place at Olive or Twist on November 15, 2014. If you're looking for a venue that's a bit more casual, laid-back, and in my opinion, more modern, you should definitely check it out. We went with a cocktail party themed wedding and didn't have any seated plates, only heavy apps and drinks. Brandon Thompson is amazing, extremely professional, and awesome to work with. There was never an email that went unanswered and he also got back to me within a day, if not a few hours. We received so many compliments on how different our wedding was, and it was because of the amazing staff and chef at Olive or Twist. I would totally do it all over again!

Jess · Married on 10/11/2014

We chose to do a cocktail reception at Olive or Twist. I COULD NOT have dreamt of a more perfect wedding. BRANDON was the most amazing person to work with. He was quick to respond, personal, accomodating, and gave great advice. The atmosphere was perfect for our 130 people and still left room for dance floor, seating, and food set up. Food was delicious, guests loved all the options. Would host a party again there in a heartbeat. Also loved being able to decorate our way.

Lindsay · Married on 07/19/2014

I would get married at Olive or Twist again and again and again. It was perfect. We actually held our ceremony there and we did not have a rehearsal. I was nervous because I didn't want my wedding looking JV, but Brandon, the event coordinator, was awesome. He directed the ceremony and I don't think anyone ever suspected that we were winging it. My guests told me that it was the best food they've had at a wedding. The venue is such a cool, unexpected place to host a wedding. My guests felt like they were getting a great Saturday night out that just happened to have a wedding ceremony included.

My husband and I are very low-key people, low maintenance, so there could not have been a better place for us to have this event. The room is so pretty and it didn't need much to make it feel more like a wedding. I was able to spend less on things I didn't care about, flowers, cough-cough, and focus on the things which were more important to us, like our DJ and cake!

Erica · Married on 10/13/2012

Olive or Twist was an awesome reception location! The intimate atmosphere created a fun and relaxing ambience for our guests to mingle and dance the night away. There is such a cool vibe in the lounge that very little decoration was needed. The food and the drinks were delicious so I am sure that no one left disappointed.
    Brandon and his staff did a fabulous job from beginning to end and we are so appreciative of their dedication to our event. All of our questions (tons and tons of them) were answered and all of our requests were satisfied. We received so many compliments on selecting such an unique place for a non-traditional reception.

We held our rehearsal dinner at Olive or Twist in the upstairs lounge. The Events Manager, Brandon Thompson, provided us with his recommended food menu, drink choices, and accommodations based on our budget and number of guests. It was fantastic having a few simple decisions and letting Mr. Thompson take care of the finer details for the dinner. He was extremely responsive during the planning and personally made sure every aspect of the dinner was flawless. The food was fantastic. The menu included ahi tuna and calamari – both which were the best we’ve ever had. The buffet and carving station was very well organized and the staff professional. The bartender kept the drinks flowing. Our guests had a great time and loved the unique upstairs lounge environment. Our only regret was that we only held the rehearsal here, instead of the entire reception. We now get dinner here each time we’re in the cultural district, and have enjoyed it every time.

KDave · Married on 06/30/2012

Brandon Thompson, Events Manager for Olive or Twist, was extremely helpful and accommodating. He assisted with suggestions for vendors, menu selection, and venue layout which was invaluable to us planning a wedding on our own. He was quick to respond to all of our inquiries, able to adjust times for our ceremony, and allowed us to bring our own cakes and cookies. The venue had a great casual atmosphere we wanted for our cocktail reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres (no additional decorating needed, but optional) . There were many compliments on the food and service from our guests. I'd recommend this venue to anyone having a smaller wedding (under 100).

Heather · Married on 10/01/2011

Olive or Twist in Downtown Pittsburgh was the picture perfect place for my cocktail wedding reception! Brandon, the event coordinator, was so attentive and very organized. He was great in email communication and responding/helping us with our every need. The upstairs lounge was magical for our 110 person reception. Plenty of room for a dance floor, casual seating, great heavy hors d'ouerves and wonderful staff!