Oheka Castle Reviews

Oheka Castle 5
Oheka Castle 6
Oheka Castle 7

LIndsay · Married on 04/28/2018

I am a Wedding Planner for MODE Events based in Chicago, and I had a couple who got married at Oheka Castle a few weeks ago. The day-of staff was very helpful. I really appreciated that they had someone from their team designated as a Groom's Attendant/Butler and Bridal Attendant/Lady in Waiting. This really helped me and my team focus on managing all of the vendors and focus on the details of the big day. Everyone was very quick to jump in and help.

I would love to have many more Weddings here. The property is stunning, and I should mention that the food is fantastic, as well. Thank you for everything!!

Melanie · Married on 04/27/2018

Oheka was everything I ever could have hoped and dreamed for! First, they were the ONLY venue that we visited that would allow us to guarantee a 125 person minimum, and we visited at least 10 venues and contacted more! We didn't want a huge wedding and Oheka was totally receptive to that. Every other venue we looked at had a 175-200 minimum AT THE SAME PRICE per person and refused to budge! They were always responsive to my emails and calls during the planning process. Starting from the night before the wedding, I was treated like a princess. Our wedding was on a Friday and no one was staying in the Olmsted Suite the night before, so they offered to let me stay in the room the night before the wedding for free! I ran around the huge suite like a maniac I was so excited! The day of the wedding, I was greeted with breakfast and pitchers of iced coffee! The bridal attendant, Patty, was super helpful in running interference with vendors while I was getting ready, talking to my husband for me, and keeping guests away while we were doing our first look. We took pictures on the grounds during cocktail hour and when we were done we were taken to a room and there were plates with some of everything from cocktail hour for us so we didn't miss the food! I was completely taken care of throughout the whole night so I could enjoy myself. My husband and I were also allowed to have all three entrees for dinner! Daniel Andreotti, the pastry chef, is so talented and the dessert cafe and cake were a HUGE hit! We had a brunch the next day with omelet & waffle stations, and the woman who had brought my breakfast the day before remembered how I liked my iced coffee and brought me another pitcher! It's a small gesture, but just proved how much they care for their brides even the day after the wedding! Thank you to Rick, Samantha, Patty, Kathy, JJ, Steve and everyone else who helped me have the greatest, most beautiful and special day of my life!

Oheka Castle 8
    Oheka Castle 15
    Oheka Castle 16
    Oheka Castle 17

Nichole · Married on 09/30/2017

We got married at Oheka Castle in September 2017 and our wedding day was perfect thanks to the beautiful venue and first-class service. We chose Oheka for the gorgeous ballrooms, beautiful gardens, location right outside of NYC and its policy of one wedding a day.

Kelly was a pleasure to work with. We had countless questions throughout our planning process and Kelly was always patient with us and helped make the process so easy. On the day of the wedding, Kathy (banquet manager), Darlene (bridal attendant) and the groom’s attendant helped make the day run seamlessly. They were always ten steps ahead of us and all the details the day of the wedding fell into place without us thinking about them. We also booked ~10 hotel rooms for our families and Steven was so great to work with. He was very responsive and flexible with our room requests which changed often. Our families were in awe of how beautiful the suites were - we felt like we were in a museum in Europe!

The food during the cocktail hour and reception were spectacular thanks to Chef Chris. Our guests were so impressed by the quantity, quality and variety of the food throughout the night. A few guests actually thought that the cocktail hour was dinner because there was so much food. We also want to thank Pastry Chef Daniel who is a pastry genius. Chef Daniel made our gorgeous wedding cake with fondant, lace designs and sugar flowers – our jaws literally dropped when we saw the cake. Not only was the cake beautiful, but it was delicious with yellow cake and dulche de leche and chocolate mousse frostings. The dessert café was the grand finale to the night. Our guests were stunned when they saw the dessert café full of every possible dessert imaginable. After our wedding, we received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful our wedding was thanks to the beautiful grounds at Oheka, amazing food, white glove service and flawless execution. We hope to be back at Oheka soon!

Sal · Married on 03/19/2016

What an amazing day! From start to finish the Castle was everything we dreamed about. It was a true fairy tale wedding. A Big Thank You to Gary and Kelly Melius who from start to finish were just wonderful people to work with and left us with a stress free day! A huge Thank You to all the staff from when you enter with the valet to every person on the floor. Both our Grooms’ attendant and Bridal attendant were outstanding! The food and desserts were incredible and our hats off to both Chris the chef and Daniel the pastry chef. What an incredible experience to get married at the castle! We were extremely happy and our guest were even happier. We could not have asked for anything more
    We thank you all again
    Sal and Kristine
    March 19,2016

My husband and I are both in the military so we had a limited to to put this wedding together. Oheka Castle moved some things around and gave me a date and put everything together for us. I felt like a princess with her prince in this castle. My wedding could not have turned out any more perfect. The staff was by my sid every step of the way making sure it was a flawless day.

Absolutely the most amazing place to get married, worth every penny and such an outstanding and kind staff.

The staff at Oheka are some of the nicest, most professional people I have met in the wedding planning process. Daniel, the hotel manager, was very responsible and dependable. John and Kelly in sales were extremely nice, straight forward, honest and helpful during the entire process. Although not cheap at all, I felt this was the best money I ever spent to have such a perfect wedding at such a perfect venue.

AMAZING! I could not have picked a better place! From the staff, food, rooms available for guests, location and everything in between, they made this process of getting married effortless! Like most brides I had many questions and with the help from Kelly, Christie, Kathy, Steven and Carol they answered all of them regardless of how silly the question was or if they had been asked the same question a million times. Not once did I feel like a burden or they were uninterested and if they were not able to answer the phone they always called or emailed me with the answer to my question. The chef has to be one of the nicest, most genuine people I have come in contact with. One of the best things about getting married at this location is the fact for that day the castle is all yours to enjoy with family and friends (you're not one of 6 wedding happening that day or bumping into other guests that are staying on the property watching your ceremony because a wedding isn't a spectacle it's a private, memorable, and precious moment that is to be cherished). And I can not wait for my wedding day in April!

Ali · Married on 04/04/2015

I just had my wedding at Oheka Castle and I have to say it was the most beautiful and perfect day of my life! Everything, everyone, every detail was EXCELLENT. Oheka Castle is breathtakingly stunning and unique. The grounds are gorgeous and well kept. The rooms are very clean and comfy. The staff was very friendly, attentive, and professional. My bridal attendant named Darleen was extremely helpful and a life-saver! She was there by my side whenever I needed her. She even wrapped food for the groom and me when we were so busy we didn't have a chance to eat. We wanted to have the ceremony outside but because of the wind we decided to do it inside with very short notice. They made it happen very quickly and the ceremony turned out to be intimate and so beautiful as the sun was setting. The cocktail hour and reception food was EXCELLENT. All of our guests were in complete awe of the whole experience! I couldn't have imagined the whole experience being more perfect! It's expensive but worth it!

• User4202259 · 2+ years ago

I can't express how perfect and beautiful everything my wedding was at Oheka Castle. We have been getting nothing but compliments from our guests about the outstanding food, drinks and service provided. Our guests were so excited to be attending a wedding at Oheka Castle and it definitely exceeded everyone's expectations. Kathy, Patty, John and Charles went above and beyond to ensure that we, along with our parents, had everything we needed that day, allowing us to have a completely stress free time. We spent a year planning our wedding and was reluctant to leave the day of set up in anyone's else's hands but Kathy's team did an amazing job making our wedding vision come to life. Since it is hard for the bride and groom to eat at the wedding, they made sure we had a little bit of everything from cocktail hour before we were introduced to the reception. When the party was over and we went to our bridal suite they had a sample of all of the entres, along with dessert. It was so nice to enjoy our meals together and reflect on the wonderful time we had. I highly recommend Oheka Castle, it was worth every penny!

Diane · Married on 11/07/2014

Oheka Castle is the an exceptional venue and my daighter's wedding was awesome. Can't express how outstanding the entire staff was in making my daighter's vision a reality! Oheka is the perfect venue for a once-in-a-lifetime wedding event!!!

Definitely had a wedding for a King and Queen, and it was everything I could have ever imaged, and hoped it would be!

Best day of my life. Definitely had a Cinderella wedding!

Oheka Castle was our dream location! From start to finish it was a fairytale. Someone from Oheka was always in touch leading up to the wedding, making sure all the details were set. The service day of was incredible, someone always ready and eager to help. The food was delicious and the cake they made was outrageous! I wish I could do it all again. Our friends and family say it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to - nothing comes close to Oheka!

Great for an indoor winter wedding, even though you can't use the grounds (because of all the snow). Very luxurious and photos came out gorgeous. Wedding coordinator and staff you deal with to book are great. I wasn't too happy with my butler service the day off the wedding. My shoes and clutch were taken to our suite (you get the bridal suite with your wedding) and no one told me. So first I thought my purse was taken (mini heart attack, I had lots of cash in there for tips) then I had to walk barefoot all the way back to my room. But, beautiful memories in a great place. The food was amazing. We customized cocktail hour and our cake made on site and was stunning.

I can't say enough of goods things about Oheka Castle and the staff that works there. From day one when we booked with Rick the staff truly treats you like family! We had our wedding on a Friday and the entire Castle was booked with our family and friends. Daryl in charge of room reservation was great making sure our guests were able to get a room. When you have a wedding at Oheka it is not just a hotel/wedding reception it is a family home and you are treated that way when you are there! The food was amazing and my guest after the cocktail hour could not believe that there was actually going to be more food! Oheka even added a special requests of ours to have mac and cheese and lobster at the cocktail hour, which was what my husband and I had on one of our first dates which made it personnel..thank you Kathy for making sure that happened. The wedding cake and the desserts are amazing as well! Daniel the pastrey Chef is a VERY talented man. He sits down with you about a 2 months before the wedding and designs your cake! And if you can believe it the cake looks gorgeous and tastes even better!! We can't say thank you enough to the sister's Kathy and Patty who were our handlers during the wedding. Anything that we needed they did for us! They made sure everything ran smoothly and everything was absolutely perfect. The owner Gary Melius is a true gentleman who you may see walking his dog around the grounds (his home). We can't say thank you enough to the Oheka Staff making our wedding a true fairy tale! We got married on October 11, 2013 , and our guest are still talking about what amazing experience they all had at Oheka Castle!

Noelle · Married on 08/16/2013

Yes, Oheka Castle is beautiful! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and ultra exclusive. We had the entire castle to ourselves for the entire day and night, I really didn't want anything to do with a "wedding factory" sorta venue so this was perfect for me. Very pricey so don't get your hopes up unless you have a budget that is... well, nonexistent. I love the place so much that my husband had to promise to have our vows renewed there too. Very professional and all around exquisite!

Best venue on Long Island, in the state, in the country!

It's no wonder why Oheka Castle is consistently rated #1, and has even featured many celebrity events. Food is amazing (even your guests will say "Wait, there's a DINNER after this!?"). Service is excellent, and the pastry chef makes the best desserts you will ever eat.

Make sure you read up on some of the venue's history too. Charlie Chaplin and F. Scott Fitzgerald used to party here back in the day, and it's still the second largest private residence in the U.S.

Having our wedding at Oheka Castle was truly a dream come true. The natural beauty of the castle is by itself breathtaking. The quality of the food, service, and caring nature of every staff member created a night that people will be talking about for decades!

• User2027774 · 2+ years ago

They made our wedding day feel like a fairytale. They are expensive...and the add-on are extremely pricey. It was worth every penny.

There are not enough good things to say about Oheka Castle. Not only is it a picturesque and absolute dream venue, but the Melius family who owns it and all of the staff that work there are extremely nice and helpful. They went above and beyond to make our experience the perfect day that it was. Our event went outside of the box of what they normally do, but they were extremely helpful in making our vision become a reality.

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/20/2012

Oheka Castle made my dream wedding come true and allowed my husband and I to have an amazing stress free time at our wedding! My bridal attendant Kathy took care of EVERYTHING so perfectly. The way they organized everything made the night flow perfectly. They even took my husband and I aside in between the cocktail hour and reception so that we could eat some of the cocktail food and have a few minutes to ourselves. At the end of the night we were both so hungry and to our suprise they had brought up samples of food from dinner and dessert to our room! Our guest were completly wowed by the venue and we have even recevied cards from our guest letting us know how amazing our wedding was! Thank you Oheka!

Christel · Married on 04/07/2012

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Oheka went ABOVE and BEYOND all I could have ever expected and imagined. Guest are STILL talking about my wedding. Everyone couldnt believe how GORGEOUS Oheka is and how DELICIOUS the food was. QUALITY and SERVICE is a 10! The assistant they provided me with NEVER left my side and helped me the ENTIRE evening! OHEKA is by far the BEST! If you want a dream wedding, Oheka is the place to have it!

Natasia · Married on 09/02/2011

The most amazing venue and people. The wedding was everything I hoped and dreamed of and more. From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour food and service, to the reception and the most magnificent wedding cake you can dream of. It was like living in a fantasy!