Ocean Landings Resort Reviews

4.7

• Jessica
    Jessica Married on 11/23/2019

Reception venue

We loved having our reception at the banquet hall. The tables were set up for our guests and for the groom and I. Christine even helped us with some beachy centerpieces! By the way, Christine was awesome to work with. She made sure we were happy with the setup.
    We had more than enough room for our 30 guests. There is a dance floor in the middle of the room that was perfect.
    We also had a ocean view suite to stay in as part of our reservation of the ballroom. It was awesome! Everything we needed and very clean. More than several of our guests also had rooms at Oceans Landing. I was pleased to find everyone was happy with their rooms. I am grateful this venue was able to take care of all my needs for my wedding day: from a place to have the ceremony on the beach, nice clean rooms to accommodate my guests, and a reception hall to party. They even had a smaller “party room” available to rent for a rehearsal dinner.
    10/10 would hire again!

Ocean Landings Resort's reply:

Thank you Jessica & Mark. It was truly a pleasure and a honor to help you with your destination wedding. I know planning a wedding from out-of-state can be daunting but that's what makes our job so much fun. You and your family are wonderful and it was great to have you. You are family now here at Ocean Landings Resort so we hope you'll come back and stay often. We will always give you a great discount.
    Best Wishes,
    Christine Shenkman
    Event Director
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect place for a wedding

From the rooms the night before the wedding to the beach ceremony and the ballroom, Ocean Landings was the perfect place for our perfect day! We had many out of town guests and locals that stayed at the resort, which made for a non-stop celebration. OL provides great rooms and amenities all updated. Tables, chairs, full kitchen all included with the ballroom rental.

Ocean Landings Resort's reply:

Thank you Kelly for sharing your wedding experience at Ocean Landings Resort. I am so happy for you and Jose. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together.
    Shannon Married on 01/19/2019

The perfect spot for a beach wedding!

We celebrated our wedding this past weekend at Ocean Landings Resort and it turned out great! Not only was the venue perfect the people who work there are amazing! Christine the marketing manager was so easy to work with on every detail of our wedding. We had 65 guests with a ceremony on the beach and a reception in the banquet room. The team at Ocean Landings Resort had everything ready on time and it looked beautiful. We were on a tight wedding budget and they have very affordable options to choose from. We will definitely book another event here in the future!

Shannon & Jaaziel Ruiz

Ocean Landings Resort's reply:

Thank you so much!! We are so happy for you and look forward to you coming back again. You were a pleasure to work with.
    Best Wishes & much love!!
    Kara Married on 07/07/2018
    Christine is amazing and really made our wedding easy for us. She is so helpful and accommodating and always has answers to any question you may have. The wedding was beautiful and surpassed our expectations.

Ocean Landings Resort's reply:

Thank you for sharing your pictures. It was an honor to help you with your wedding. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together.
    Sincerely,
    Christine Shenkman
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 04/21/2018
    Christine is AMAZING! We found on wedding wire but randomly toured one day when we were at the beach. She was so easy to work with. Had some issues with potential rain and she eased my fears. I couldn't have asked for a better site!! Love it !

Ocean Landings Resort's reply:

Thank you Tiffany for your wonderful review. I am so glad I had the privilege of helping with your wedding. Love you guys!!
  • X
    Xaymarie Married on 06/05/2016
    Christine was amazing. She went above and beyond expectation to make sure that my special day was perfect. :)
  • Karice
    Karice Married on 05/07/2016
    Ocean Landings did a great job of setting everything up for myself and my guests for my wedding!! And Kristine was exceptionally helpful throughout the planning process :)
    Sheri Married on 04/09/2016
    After 1 year of planning, we had our wedding at Ocean Landings Resort on April 9, 2016. Christine was our contact and throughout the entire year she was always available to answer any questions and provide guidance. A lot of our guests stayed the night/weekend and all were happy with their accommodations with the exception of those that booked late (Be sure to have your guests book early and not wait until the last minute) and they gave a significant discount to our wedding guests. We used the portable bar from Gregory's and they did a fantastic job of bar tending the event. The room can hold 100 people and they set the tables up for you, you can rent the table cloths and chair covers also. You can bring in your own food (big money saver!) but warming it can be a challenge as they only have a prep kitchen with no ovens (our sternos wouldn't stay lit). The beach ceremony was beautiful and Christine not only set up the chairs we rented, but went above and beyond with decorative touches that accented the ones we did. If I had it all to do over again, I would definitely do it there!
    Amanda Married on 11/14/2015
    Christine and staff were amazing. Very informative and friendly. Higly recommend this venue it was beautiful!
    Stacy Married on 01/11/2015
    Great price for a great venue! The beach ceremony setup is gorgeous!
  • Olga
    Olga Married on 04/24/2014
    me and my guest was very happy with ocean landings .
    My wedding was just perfect
    Kathlyn Married on 10/05/2013
    I held my wedding here on 10/5/13. The banquet room manager Christine was such a pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up exactly like I wanted. She was always willing to help and answer any of my questions. The website says the room can accommodate up to 145 guests, but I wouldn't recommend this venue for more than 100. We had about 85 guests seated among 12 round tables and we were pretty snug. Great venue for smaller, intimate weddings!
    Kelly Married on 08/24/2013
    This place was AMAZING! Christine did EVERYTHING right to make sure that my day was special! They were very accommodating and stopped at nothing to make sure my beach wedding was perfect. Family and friends that stayed here loved how relaxing and comfortable they were the entire time!
    Trisha Married on 12/08/2012
    The two ladies in charge of the banquet facilities are amazing. (Lisa & Christine) Because of them things were perfect. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, banquet room was perfect. Lisa & Christine go above and beyond to make sure your day is super special! The only thing that was bad in every way was the reservation manager (Anita) who was rude and even harassed my guests.
    Kevin Married on 11/03/2012
    We only had a short time to plan. The resort and staff were great. Everything was wonderful. If your looking for a place to hold your reception or event, this is one place that needs consideration.
    Mindy Married on 10/06/2012
    Everyone was great and we had an awesome time! I appreciate you guys calling me several times to ensure all the details were worked out and keeping me updated. Thank you so much!
    Dennis Married on 10/01/2016
    The resort was very nice. The staff was very helpful. The beach setup for us to get married in was done perfect. I would recommend this to anyone.
  • User2013211 2+ years ago
    I had my wedding here last year and all I could say is that for the price they charged, it wasn't worth it at all! We could've done better should've just gont to DIY everything instead! My then groom now husband got too stressed with their team upon seeing what they put it was like we felt ripped off! It looked to cheap! The chairs were old and plastic, the bamboo drape fabrics they put were cheap, and most of all they were very rude and unprofessional. We wanted to put more decor and they were like, there's no more time. The wedding was at 5 they started putting things up at almost 4, everything was late! My husband was waiting for me in the "altar" too stressed to even smile he was too mad of them. The officiate rushed us, I mean seriously? The only thing that made our wedding great was the reception. Please find another beach venue. Save yourselves, brides. I learned it the hard way. Never again.

Ocean Landings Resort's reply:

We have never had anyone have a less than great experience with our beach wedding set up. This response is unfortunate and not completely correct. The chairs and fabric we used were brand new. We always start our set up 2 hours prior to the scheduled ceremony time. We were completed 45 minutes prior to the ceremony. The groom should have been getting ready in his room but instead showed up approximately 45 min to 1 hour prior to ceremony time with decorations to set up and six trees, he wanted us to plant in the sand. Even though this was not in our agreed set up and a very difficult thing to do we went ahead and did what he requested trying to accommodate him as much as possible. We dug holes and set up their six trees in the sand. The bride had mentioned before that she had a family member that was going to add some additional decorations. This person showed up 30 prior to the ceremony with different fabric , plastic flowers and bows she wanted us to set up when we were finished with our set up and didn't have the supplies needed to do this. She also had paper columns that had white copy paper covering them that was taped on. Due to the 96 degree heat the scotch tape she was using was not holding and the paper was falling off. She asked me for tape in which I could not help her because I had none and there was no time to go get some. Other people where trying to cover our arbor with stuff they had taken out of trees and I asked them to please stop because I was afraid they were going to either cause our arbor to fall down since they did not have the correct equipment to secure it or have it fall down on the bride and groom during there ceremony. Like I mentioned this is all unfortunate and had things been, communicated, on time and organized with us I think they would have had the beach wedding they deserved.