Occasions Catering Reviews

Occasions Catering 6
Occasions Catering 7

Sharon · Married on 08/03/2019

Professional, Attentive, and Exceptional Food and Service

Roberto and I are glad for choosing Occasions as our caterer for our wedding! Karla was very helpful and responsive from the beginning, and she helped us build the menu to our own liking as well as even create a timeline for the reception. During the actual reception, the staff was very friendly and professional. They set and cleaned the tables in a timely manner, and this helped me and Roberto to focus on celebrating our day. The service was amazing, but I also have to mention how delicious the food was! I received a lot of compliments from our guests about how great the food and experience was, and there was even a slight competition as to who would take the leftovers home. We are so thankful for Occasions Catering's exceptional food and service that they provided as well as their dedication to help our wedding be special and unforgettable.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • KristaHoffmans

Krista · Married on 07/27/2019

Hire them!

Hiring Occasions Catering was the best decision we could have made for our wedding. The ENTIRE staff worked so diligently the entire time, and they truly felt like wedding guests by the end! Our entire wedding was so complimentary of their service, attitude, and responsiveness throughout the night that we keep getting comments even a month later. The food was so great, and tasted exactly as it was in our initial tasting. Impressing a Texas family with BBQ is no easy feat, but Occasions did it! Also, a special shoutout to the bartenders that night. Our DJ was a complete nightmare, and one of the bartenders handled the situation for me with grace and respect, and we are so thankful for her in stepping in which was above and beyond her scope of responsibility that night. I could not be more complementary of the company, the service, and the people involved. HIRE THEM, you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Nikita Cleek · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing service

Highly suggest they literally carter to you and make sure everything goes smoothly

Sent on 08/14/2019

Julianne · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing Experience

My daughter and my experience with Karla Curry, Occasions Catering was more than expected. Having met five Caterers prior, my daughter and I were feeling like we’d never meet a match. From very beginning Occasions was way above the rest. From making the entire menu for us to taste, to showing the different place settings in person, offering compost able, to changing menu to cater to the Grooms peculiarities, Amazing. Food was delicious, meat tender, juicy. People went back for thirds. We had both flank steak and chicken. The Venue wanted their name because their staff was so stellar, very professional and helpful. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Juli Gidlund · Married on 07/13/2019

Above and Beyond Amazing

We just got married on July 13th and hired Occasions for our wedding ceremony/reception and we were blown away! Not only did we continuously get compliments on the food but the staff went above our expectations. They always had a smile on their face, were very approachable, all of our guests loved them! Karla was our coordinator and she was so easy to communicate with. Whether it was setting up a meeting or her response to my emails, she was incredible! The day of the wedding we had a few hiccups and she rolled with the punches and I actually had no idea there were issues until after the wedding, I was actually able to enjoy the day and I couldn't have done it without her help!
    Without Occasions I don't think our wedding would have been the same. If you want nothing but the best on your wedding day I can't say enough good things about Occasions!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Brian Sharkey · Married on 07/06/2019

All around great experience!

We considered several catering options and are very glad we chose Occasions for our big day. Karla and her team were very easy to work with, and had excellent communication from start to finish. Staff were professional and very friendly. Set up went smoothly and the food and drinks tasted great! We would definitely recommend Occasions to anyone seeking reliable catering services.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Occasions Catering's reply:

Brian it was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day
    It was beautiful. We appreciate your business.
    Have a great summer.
  • Cindy

Cindy Wittmier · Married on 07/03/2019

Fantastic from Start to Finish!

We had a wonderful Experience with Karla and Occasions Catering from the start and all the way through to the end everything went flawless. She was fast to respond and incredibly patient with us through all the questions and changes.
    The Staff that came were dressed very professionally. They were on top of everything, very well organized and courteous. You could tell they knew what they were doing and took pride in their work. They were in the background yet cared for all our guest paying attention to detail and were very polite.
    The food was Amazing, we went with a country western theme and so we had Brisket, Pulled Pork along with rolls, Coleslaw and Amazing Mac and Cheese. Everyone loved all the food!!!
    The bartender was very professional, kind and pleasant.
    We are so pleased with this Occasions Catering. You cannot go wrong with this wonderful company.

Sent on 07/04/2019

Occasions Catering's reply:

Cindy now you can enjoy the rest of the summer!!! We wish the new Mr & Mrs the best.

Shannon · Married on 06/29/2019

They exceeded all expectations

Karla and the whole occasions catering team are absolutely amazing. I truly can’t say enough. Almost every guest commented on how it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The decor and set up exceeded all expectations. They gave me great advice, were incredibly patient, and truly gave me my dream wedding. Book them- you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Occasions Catering 12
  • Kevin

Kevin B · Married on 03/31/2019

Excellence

The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and on top of everything. Thank you for creating an excellent experience for us and our guests!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Occasions Catering's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review, Kevin! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Come back and see us soon. Cheers!

Vivian · Married on 03/09/2019

Occassions Catering was the best

I tend to be one of those people that plan ahead, review the plans, fine tune the plans, and sometimes drive myself crazy. I knew instantly when I met Karla from Occasions Catering that I was in the hands of someone who knew exactly what she was doing and did it well.
    From the very start, Karla worked through all of the details and made me feel so reassured that everything was covered. She had a detailed list of everything that we wanted and worked through any revisions as the wedding plans developed.

The day of the wedding arrived and Karla was there early to set up the linens and jumped right in to help me with the table decorations and do anything she could to help. Not only was I the mother of the groom, but my new daughter in law’s mother had passed away a number of years ago so I was also the mother of the bride….and the event planner and graphic designer. Needless to say I was nervous with all the details.

As the morning passed by, Karla’s kept telling me “just relax and enjoy the wedding, we will take care of everything”……and they did!

The food was delicious - the prime rib and salmon were perfectly prepared. Many went back for 2nds. The Occasions service staff was so friendly, capable and very attentive to our needs. We had timed out the program on when the toast, cake cutting and dinner would happen. Occasions Catering was right on time with everything. I would highly recommend Occasions for any catering event. Karla and her staff are incredible.

Sent on 03/17/2019
    Occasions Catering 13

Occasions Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Vivian. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, Karla is truly a gem to have leading our team! We count ourselves lucky for clients like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!
  • Anjelica

Anjelica Osborne · Married on 11/12/2018

Great food, easy to work with

I planned my wedding in 6 months from another state and I'm thrilled with my experience. Even though they're located in Olympia, my wedding was at Historic 1625 in Tacoma. The food was absolutely great (this sounds weird but me and my husband both think it was even better than the tasting!), the staff was helpful, and we were lucky enough to have the owner (Karla) coordinate our event. She checked in with my multiple times on the day of to see what I needed and was extremely responsive throughout the planning process. I was a little intense with planning every little detail and she didn't mind at all. Highly recommend! We had a cocktail hour (w/ both passed and set appetizers) and plated dinner with open bar. The cost did not include the tip (which is standard of the area.)

Sent on 11/15/2018

Anjelica,
    Your wedding was so beautiful and elegant. I just loved the black tie theme. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day.
    We wish you many years of love an laughter together.

Andrew Bower · Married on 10/20/2018

Quick Responses and they truly care

Throughout the planning process, they were very flexible and easy to work with. For example, when we needed to schedule time for tasting while living across state, and make last minute changes to our contract for the big day. During the wedding, their service went above and beyond for us, making sure my wife and I had everything we needed while also attending to our guests.

We never felt like we could not depend on Occasions service.

They also include a complimentary night of snack box, which even though it is super simple, the idea behind it is amazing.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Occasions Catering's reply:

You two are such a cute couple. I am so glad I got to be a small part of your special day at Sea Brook. So glad the weather was amazing.
    We wish you the very best in your marriage together.
  • Angelina

Angelina Goveia-Dahlgren · Married on 10/16/2018

Highly recommend!!!

Occasions went beyond our expectations that were already high. Very friendly and helpful. They provided a timeline that helped the day go off smoothly. They worked graciously with the DJ and officiant to make sure they were on the same schedules. The day could not have been better. We have some gluten and dairy free guests, that they made a beautiful and delicious chocolate cake for!
    I am so grateful for Karla and all the staff support. I would recommend this company without any hesitation!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

The Perfect Day!

It’s no surprise Occasions Catering knocked it out of the park for our wedding! Thank you so much to Karla, Teresa, Juli, Joe, Ashley and all the rest of the staff for making our day so amazing. Not only was the food and bartending exceptional, but the staff was extremely friendly and we have heard nothing but compliments on everything! Karla went above and beyond to make sure the ceremony and reception went smoothly and it was so nice not having to worry about a thing so I could relax and enjoy. They easily accommodated dietary restrictions, and the chefs are absolutely phenomenal! They even made my moms brown sugar baked beans (the grooms favorite)!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Occasions Catering's reply:

Jennifer, it was such an honor to be a part of your special day. We have so many great memories from your wedding. It was really fun to work at a new venue as well. We wish you the very best in your new chapter in life with Larz and Chef.
    Karla and staff

Tiffany · Married on 08/03/2018

From the beginning they knew what they were doing and helped complete my vision. Quickly responded when I needed it, and helped me feel at ease. Even understood when my venue canceled the day before my wedding, and had no problem changing everything to the new location! I highly reccomend!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Occasions Catering's reply:

Tiffany we are so happy that everything worked out for you in such a sudden change of events. You looked amazing and we are glad you choose us to be a part of your special day. Enjoy the rest of the summer
    Cheers to you both. Karla

Mia · Married on 07/28/2018

Occasions catered our backyard wedding, and the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly - setting up/decorating the cake table, rearranging the tables between the ceremony and reception, checking in with guests to make sure they had everything they needed... They were very friendly and professional. The food was delicious, too!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Occasions Catering's reply:

Mia, it was a pleasure to be a part of such a cute back garden setting.
    Thank you for letting us take care of you and your guests.

Lindsey · Married on 06/23/2018

Our experience with Occasions Catering was excellent. They helped walk us through the whole process including tasting and all of the other choices to make. Guests loved the appetizers, dinner, drinks, and coffee/tea! Staff was friendly, helpful, and responsive to all of our questions and concerns.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Occasions Catering's reply:

Lindsey it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day with Seth. Thank you for choosing The Heritage Room and Occasions Catering. The colors you choose looked so beautiful. We wish you many years of happiness together.

Shelby · Married on 03/24/2018

I am so happy that we went with Occasions!!! I had the pleasure of working with Jennifer and she was amazing from the first meeting, all the way through the whole planning process, day of, and even after (checking in to make sure we were happy with everything) We got our linens, and everything else like that, through Occasions and halfway through the planning I changed my mind on some of the colors. Jennifer was so helpful in letting me come back in and look at the set up to make sure I loved what I picked. The day of I could not have asked for anything more! The bar staff was incredibly friendly, the food was ready on time, Jennifer even made a plate for my husband and I! I literally could go on and on. It was so nice to know that everything was handled and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Thank you again so much!!!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Salinda · Married on 09/03/2017

Communication from the very beginning has always been key for us. It was very easy to get answers as Karla would respond by email almost immediately with any questions we had regarding their services. The food was outstanding and the staff was very polite and professional. We will definetly be using Occasions in the future for any of our catering needs. Thank you occasions and staff!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Occasions Catering's reply:

Salinda, We really enjoyed being at Seabrook with you on your special day. So glad the weather was so amazing for you. We look forward to working again with you in the future. Best to all three of you and your new blended family.

Ashlee · Married on 09/02/2017

Karla was amazing! She is very professional and helpful. She definitely made the wedding planning process easier. The food is absolutely delicious also.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Occasions Catering's reply:

Ashlee & Ryan you were so fun to work with. Everything looked so amazing and so glad we got to be a part of your special day at Historic 1625.

Debra · Married on 05/06/2017

We hired Occasions Catering for our wedding reception. Right from the start Lauren was a huge help with all of the planning. The food was amazing, all of our guests raved about the brisket!! Additionally, the servers were awesome and did a great job. The room flip from the ceremony to the reception was done quickly and they were very attentive to our guests. Afterward, cleanup was very organized and efficient. I would definitely recommend Occasions Catering to anyone in need of a catering service. Thanks again!! Deb & Randy :)

Sent on 06/11/2017

Occasions Catering's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you both. We wish you the best.

What can I say, Karla and her team were the perfect team for this job! I could not have asked for a better venue, caterer or staff. The food was over the top amazing. The staff were some of the best I have ever had the privilege of working with. Karla and her team made my day the best day of my life. Everything went without a hitch, Karla and her staff made sure everything went smoothly. My guests could not stopen raving about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was. I recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a lifetime full of memories and anyone who likes to be stress free the day of. Thank you Occasions catering for giving me the best day of my life.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Occasions Catering's reply:

Thank you for choosing The Heritage Room and Occasions Catering for your big day. You were such a joy to work with. We wish you all the happiness in your new life together!!!! Cheers, Karla

I highly recommend Occasions Catering service. They were very professional, easy to work with and very helpful.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Occasions Catering's reply:

Thank you. We know you have a lot of decisions to make in the wedding planning. We try had to make it easy and a fun experience. We wish you the best!!!
  • User5619207 · 2+ years ago

Occasions Catering food was delicious. Many of our guests complemented the taste and presentation of the food. The Chicken Dijonnaisse was fork tender and flavorful. The meal was ready on time and served hot.
    The staff was outstanding. The servers were friendly, always smiling, and made sure our guests were taken care of.
    Karla followed up with us several times throughout our wedding planning to make sure that all details were taken care of, and made us feel comfortable knowing that she was there to assist us in any way.
    I would highly recommend Occasions Catering for any catering needs.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Occasions Catering's reply:

Thank you so much ! We appreciate your kind words!

Kristina · Married on 10/25/2015

Occasions was one of the caterers listed by our venue and we were very pleased to have selected their services for our wedding. My husband and I worked with Karla during the planning process and her knowledge and professionalism really helped us plan a great reception for our wedding. The staff and food were amazing and our guests really enjoyed it. We were also able to take leftovers home so we had even more delicious meals after the wedding was over!

Sent on 11/13/2015