Occasions at Stone River Reviews

Occasions at Stone River 4
  • Mary

Mary Boyd · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Flawless wedding!

The staff at Occasions at Stone River went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. Johnny performed our ceremony and did a great job. He made last minute changes to the vows and truly cares for the couple that is getting married. Angela and Peter are amazing! Angela will be there for you every step of the way. She handled everything the day of the wedding and made sure everything was perfect! Peter, the DJ was fantastic! The whole staff is so sweet, professional, and helpful! The guest enjoyed the food, cake, and music. You could not ask for a better place to have a wedding, I would recommend it to everyone!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Arika · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!

Angela, Peter and everyone else associated with this venue is amazing! Angela is there for you every step of the way, she is so sweet and helpful! She handled everything the day of the wedding and made sure everything was perfect! Peter, the DJ was fantastic! He made sure the reception was great and was on top of the schrdule throughout the night! He does a phone interview with you a few weeks before the wedding that really helped us understand what to expect at the reception. The food and decor they have at the venue was phenomenal!! This venue is top notch and I would recommend it to everyone!!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

KATHERINE · Married on 12/30/2017

Holy smokes this was an awesome place to work with. So much so I am starting talks to work with them part time as a photographer and videographer. Angela and Peter are beyond kind and professional. They had my wedding running like a well oiled machine. The food was delicious. I was starving by the time I got to eat and it was perfection. We had the chicken fried steak with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was 35 degrees outside and southern comfort food is just what I needed. Peter kept the energy up while Angela made sure to capture every moment. We were all able to talk shop and I loved knowing I was getting a quality product because they know their stuff! The prices were also beyond affordable and they truly believe in not hiking up prices just because it's a wedding. I never felt like I was on a budget because I got so much bang for my buck!

Sent on 01/01/2018
    Occasions at Stone River 5
    Occasions at Stone River 6
    Occasions at Stone River 7
    Occasions at Stone River 8

Ryan and Simone · Married on 09/02/2017

Bravo, all around! Johnny, Angela, Peter, Zach, and all the staff hit it out of the park. Our wedding, despite all the couple's fussing over the little details, could not have gone better. We're still getting enthusiastic compliments. The food, the atmosphere, the energy, the entertainment... perfect. The staff put our minds at ease that it would go well, and boy, did it ever.

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • O

Osiris · Married on 06/23/2017

Couldn’t have chosen a better venue !

Sent on 06/24/2018

Jordan · Married on 06/10/2017

We got married on June 10th at 11 a.m. Our wedding was FLAWLESS! I am not one to brag, but seriously, it was flawless. This venue means it when they say they are all-inclusive. I did not have to worry about a single thing. They made the planning process too easy. I cannot rave about them enough! They made my husband and I feel so special all day long and throughout the planning process as well. The decor, service, and food was amazing! This is such a beautiful and memorable place to get married and we are very happy we chose them. If you are looking for a stress-free, all-inclusive, fun place to celebrate, check this place out! They are very affordable and have so many custom options to make your dream come true, without losing sleep over it.

Angela was our coordinator and was so helpful with everything! Peter was our DJ and kept our dance floor full all day. I didn't know what to expect with a daytime wedding, but it was so perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Eden · Married on 05/15/2017

My husband and I and all of guests loved Occasions at Stone River! A beautiful venue, great prices that included everything we needed including decorations, set up and clean up along with servers. The staff were so friendly and so helpful, making our special day really perfect! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a very special venue! Thank you so much Occasions at Stone River!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Katherine · Married on 12/17/2016

You really cannot go wrong by using this place. Our December wedding went off without a hitch! They really help you make it personal and enjoyable for everyone involved. Angela was a great photographer and day of manager, Peter the DJ did an exceptional job keeping the reception going, and the food was amazing! My word of advice: if there's something special you'd like to include, don't hesitate to ask them! They really try to work with what you need.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Shawn · Married on 12/03/2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!!! They made getting married so easy by providing an "All-inclusive" package!! I had everything taken care of by this amazing team!!! Included was my cake, groom's cake, photography, food, bar, policeman, chapel, reception, and the biggest reason I recommend them is they have decorations!!!! We still brought some small decorations, but not having to worry about all of that was such a huge relief to me and my now hubby!!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 10/21/2016

Word of mouth is a great tool, I found out about this venue from my sister's Nanny who had her wedding there.
    The biggest reason I chose Occasions was it was a one-stop-shop! Occasions is great because they can accommodate an indoor wedding or outdoor wedding.

Catering onsite(Chef Zach), House Photographer(Angela), House DJ(Peter), Decorations for any style (Included in price), Day of Coordinator.
    Angela (Coordinator & Photographer) was awesome throughout the whole process.
    She always made me feel calm and comfortable that everything would work out great.
    Johnny(Owner & Pastor) was great too. He had a great meeting with us before rehearsal to get to know us and our spiritual life. He incorporated information from that meeting into our wedding and made it special to us.
    Everyone loved the DOVE release option. It was such a surprise for guests and the story Johnny gives to signify the dove release is very special!
    The location is perfect not too far away, but in the country enough to feel like we were on a destination wedding.
    The sunset was perfect and Angela made sure all my little requests were met in the decorations and the wedding pictures just all around I told her several times she made me so calm.
    She had great ideas for the Groom (NO LOOK) pics with the Bride and I cannot wait to see those.

April and the office staff were great as well, always there if I had questions and the payment options available were perfect. I was very proud I budgeted well and was able to pay for my own wedding, with a little help from family! :)

A HUGE THANK-YOU to the Occasions Staff and Family for a perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Linda · Married on 10/09/2016

We're on our way to our honeymoon, but I had I take the time to take the time to thank Angela, Micah, Chef Zachary, Peter, April and everyone else at that help make our wedding day absolutely beautiful!!! Planning a wedding is stressful, but Angela & April made the process very simple and easy for Terry and I. I had no idea what I wanted to do with several aspects, but Angela guided me through & came up some awesome suggestion. She had the wedding party in order and coordinated the perfect ceremony. The venue was absolutely beautiful! The decorations were amazing, we received a lot of compliments! Micah did an excellent job officiating and performing a breathtaking ceremony as well as doubling up as our DJ. He really worked the crowd & made the reception run smoothly! Our favorite part was the newly wed game. To Chef Zach, the food was absolutely delicious and we have a box of cookies for our honeymoon! Thank you Peter and the camera crew for capturing all the important moments on our special day! We loved the way you guys played them back during the reception! We will be purchasing the video. You all did an amazing job! When we renew our vows a decade from now we will definitely come back to Occasions @ Stone River!

Linda & Terry Ely

Sent on 10/12/2016

Diana · Married on 10/08/2016

This venue is beautiful, but we used Occasions at Stone River exclusively for their catering at our Rockwall, Texas wedding. Their dinner options were wonderfully flexible with multiple tiers of value, plus it was easy and inexpensive to add on additional cake cutting services. Our catering contacts were always prompt and courteous, as well as helpful with accommodating a few guests with dietary restrictions. And the FOOD! We selected their "Texan" package with chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, salad and fixins for 110 guests. The chef is a treasure, because the food was delicious without tasting mass-produced or luke-warm (as wedding food can be). Can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Dayana

Dayana · Married on 09/03/2016

This venue has everything for a great prize. Everything was perfect. They made my day very special.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Devon · Married on 07/22/2016

This is the best place to have your wedding. It's absolutely beautiful!!! I had the pleasure working with the office manager April, the coordinator Angela, the DJ Peter, the Owner John. All of them were absolutely wonderful and it was like having another family. You all were so awesome in every way possible. Zach the chef, his food is amazing. Wow I was impressed on how good the food was. Best ever!!!! The rest of the staff, you all are so helpful and courteous. Awesome group of people at Occasions at Stone River.
    My wedding was so beautiful and perfect. Everything turned out better than I could have even imagined. Just WOW!!!!! Thank you to ALL

Sent on 08/06/2016

Terrie · Married on 01/21/2016

What a PERFECT day!! From day one they made us feel like family. My planning was easy and stress free, most of all it was well within my budget. Thank you Occasions at Stone River for the most perfect day of my life.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Cassandra · Married on 11/01/2015

thanks to chef Zach, Peter the Dj for helping us with a million changes and Angela my coordinator. My wedding was perfect.

Sent on 11/26/2015

Ashton · Married on 10/18/2015

It was a wonderful venue for my daughter's wedding. I was very thankful for everyone at Occasions. Thank you for making it a perfect day for Ashton & Todd.

Venue was perfect. Food was AMAZING. Angela is amazing.... helped keep mother of the bride calm.

Joni

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jess · Married on 09/04/2015

My wedding was more than I every could have imagined. I could not believe it. Everyone was wonderful and went way above and beyond what anyone would normally. Thank you for all you did for me. Occasions is the very best. Thank you.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/27/2015

I could not have asked for more! my wedding was a dream come true. Not only did I marry my best friend and man of my dreams 06/27/15, I had the ceremony and reception of my dreams!

The ENTIRE Occasions staff was amazing! Angela is the perfect name for the coordinator at Occasions. She is an ANGEL-a! The venue is beautiful and provided just the feel we were shooting for. My guests are still talking about our wedding. Angela was there throughout the entire process as well as the day of the wedding. She was on top of things, including the things that I didn't think of.

The DJ and his crew were MAGNIFICENT! Again, my guests are still talking. So many people have said what a great time they had, and how they never left a wedding truly feeling like they had a night out on the town.

Occasions was worth EVERY single solitary penny we spent AND more! I am so thankful and forever grateful for the Occasions and their staff. Our day was PERFECT!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Maggie · Married on 06/05/2015

Thank all of you for everything you did for us. We absolutely could never have asked for a better wedding or a more beautiful venue. Everyone was more than awesome.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Crystal · Married on 05/30/2015

I can't say enough about this wonderful venue. Everything was more than awesome. The venue is stunningly beautiful and they had so many choices of colors for table cloths and centerpieces. The entire staff was so amazing to work with. They met our every need and more. I HIGHLY recommend Occasions at Stone River. Angela was the very BEST!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/17/2015

occasions was booked for our date so we chose to use them for their off site catering service and we are so glad we did! They do everything! They are super friendly, helpful and accommodating. They arrived on time, set up all decorations and brought back the prettiest and most delicious taco bar you have ever seen! Our guests loved the dinner! Pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Jasmine · Married on 04/03/2015

Angela- thank you so much for all of your help in putting all of the wedding details together on our wedding day. Your calm personality knack for organization ensured that our wedding went pefectly, without a hitch-- even when we forgot to bring our exit bubbles! I can't thank you enough.

Peter- thank you SOOOOO much for being such an incredible DJ at our wedding! You were more than a DJ!! Our guests were going on and on about how awesome you were! (Also- they thought your shoes were awesome). Your professionalism, DJ abilities, and facilitation of our wedding were above anything we could've imagined! We can't thank you enough!

Chef Zach- thank you for pleasing all of my guests with your delicious food! We chose the Napa menu and substituted green beans instead of steamed veggies, added fettichini alfredo as a side, and upgraded the salad to the one with mandarin oranges. Everything was delicious!!

Occasions at Stone River- you are a beautiful venue that made wedding planning from out of state so easy and convenient. Thank you for giving me my dream wedding!!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 03/27/2015

We were so fortunate to have found Occasions. It is beautiful beyond words. Angela was amazing and the food was the very best. I can't thank you enough for making my wedding more tan I could have imagined.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/07/2015

Occasions was everything we could have asked for and more. We had an amazing experience. Angela is amazing. She was always there for any and everything we needed, including serving the bride and groom there food and making sure we(brides parents) were served as well. We can not express how good the food was. Everyone said the food was fabulous. It was so nice to have everything there at our fingertips no matter what is was. We were able to go early that morning to do our extra things we wanted to do. Peter the Dj was great in keeping things going all night. I would recommend occasions to everyone.

Sent on 03/09/2015