65 Reviews for Occasion Creation

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Military (1)
Non-Religious (1)
65 Occasion Creation Reviews

LOVED my wedding invitations!! They were absolutely beautiful. My colors were navy and blush. The invites were navy background with floral design with shades of pink and the envelopes were shimmery blush. Missy also did the signs for my wedding and name cards that went along with the theme of the invites which added a touch of extra color to the venue. She was so easy to work with and exceeded my expectations. Her personality was great to work with. She really helped me in choosing a font and word choices. I would absolutely recommend Missy.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I used Melissa's services for my daughter's wedding and was very pleased with the results. The invitations were beautiful and designed with a personal touch. A couple of my friends said they were the most beautiful invites they had ever received. She also designed a candy table for the guest favors. She was on vacation the day of set up but took 3 pictures and step by step instructions of how to set it up and it turned out perfect. She has an awesome personality, bubbly and energetic and seemed genuinely as excited as we were to plan the event. I would love to use her for my 2nd daughter's wedding!

Profile Picture sharon, 9/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Invitations

Missy was truly a pleasure to work with. I felt as though I could text, call or email at just about any hour and she would get back to me. We worked with Missy for both our invitations as well as paper products for the wedding day (programs, table cards, table numbers, signage). Missy had the ability to take our vague description of what we wanted and offer so many great suggestions that we came out with a paper set that we truly loved. When an issue arose with the ink on our printed invitation envelopes that threw our timeline off a bit, Missy did everything she could to correct the issue which included delivering items to my workplace, meeting me half way to pick up items and tying bows on programs for me in the last hours. It was a rare error that came out of the blue but Missy handled it so professionally and I can’t thank her enough for all the hard work she did for us to make sure everything was perfect. Even though the mistake was the fault of her paper provider, Missy returned our printing fee out of the goodness of her heart. We received so many compliments on how stunning our invitations were and that’s a large thanks to Missy for her suggestions and eye for design! She is so personable and makes sure that you get exactly what you want!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/8/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Other than the groom, I think the best wedding decision I made was hiring Missy and Occasions Creations. She designed our invitations and all signage, the event design and the cookie table for our wedding. Planning a Pittsburgh wedding from Philadelphia, I was very nervous feeling stressed or overwhelmed. But Missy made it so much fun and stress free. She designed the most beautiful invitations, which guests could not stop raving about. And made my vision of the look of the wedding a reality. Her prices are more than fair and she was worth every penny for the stress that she saved me on my wedding day. I was able to really enjoy everything without worrying. I can't recommend her enough (and do to any friend getting married in Pittsburgh). Thank you so much Missy!

Profile Picture Carly, 5/13/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Reception, Event Design

Missy was awesome. During the process we had email issues due to the server and missy stayed on top of things to make sure we were receiving emails. The work she did for us was amazingly beautiful. We could not have been more pleased. She nailed exactly what we wanted. Everything matched beautifully from our ceremony programs to signs and seating chart. She is a true professional and is really great to work with. I would recommend her to family and friends. She made our special day more beautiful with her touches.

Profile Picture Christine, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Missy, and about her company Occasion Creation. This woman does BEAUTIFUL work and an incredibly reasonable cost. Missy did the signage for our wedding, as well as our full size table chart. I was blown away! Not only is her work beautiful, but she was so fun to work with. Being a very Type-A bride, she was there for every nit-picky email and text message with reaffirming words and positive vibes. I 100% recommend Occasion Creation for your wedding needs.

Profile Picture User6063933, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Missy created beautiful escort cards, signs and table number cards for our wedding. The services that she provided were included in our wedding package from the Doubletree Hotel. She responded quickly to emails and was very easy to get a hold of with questions. I would recommend her services to anyone looking for great products to complete their event.

Profile Picture Deanna, 10/15/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Partial Planning, Non-Religious, Reception

My husband asked me who my favorite "vendor" from our wedding was and I responded with Missy. I had a vision of what I wanted my save-the-dates, invitations, and other paper goods to look like and she was able to bring it life (what was created was even better than what I had envisioned). She was extremely helpful, prompt, and gave great suggestions. All of her products were of the highest quality and far exceeded our expectations. We are so grateful for all of the time and energy that she dedicated to us. 5 Stars to Missy!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
4.7

Loved the invitations! Thanks for everything

Profile Picture Zennee, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I 100% recommend using Occasion Creation for any occasion. I used Occasion Creation for the cookie table at my wedding and it was absolutely beautiful! It is worth every penny!

Profile Picture User7437476, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Occasion Creation was amazing! She was easy to work with and gave the best wedding advice. She was so friendly and professional the entire planning process. She did our invitations, table cards, place cards, signs, and decor for our head table/cookie table. She made our wedding so special honestly! The little touches she added to everything made it beyond beautiful! I recommend Missy to anyone planning a wedding or special event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
3.2

Had to use occasion creation with my wedding venue. Had to repeat myself multiple times to get what I needed. Then told the lady that my colors were pink and silver. Got my wedding pictures back to see that she put all of my signs in gold frames...... it looked so stupid. Luckily, I did not see it the day of my wedding. But was VERY upset to see how stupid the gold frames looked in my wedding pictures that I will have forever. The signs were ok, but having to repeat myself and remind them constantly was not ideal when already being stressed about the wedding.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Occasion Creation was one of the best, if not, THE best decision I made for my wedding! I needed someone to do all of the setup and cleanup the day of my wedding at the Westin Convention Center. I was referred to Missy and she was the answer to my prayers! I was so overly impressed with Missy after our first phone call and then our first meeting, she lifted such a huge weight off of my shoulders. She went on to design the most beautiful wedding invitations that exceeded my expectations from inspiration I gathered on Pinterest. She also made all the matching paper products for the ceremony and reception. She used all my decorations and incorporated them so perfectly throughout the space. She went so far above and beyond that she actually walked my ceremony flowers back to the reception since all the roads were closed in Pittsburgh for Pride. She also saved the day by finding and making the arrangements for a chair cover vendor for me when the one I had expected to use was unavailable. I sobbed when I got to see the ballroom for a sneak peak. She is the reason my wedding vision became the wedding of my dreams. Until you experience working with her, you won't understand how impressive she truly is!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning

We used Missy and Occasion Creation for our wedding invitations, and EVERYTHING that went into creating our amazing wedding day-- decor, lighting, centerpieces, and much more, including setting up AND tearing down all in the same day!

When we first met with Missy we had an idea of what we wanted for our invitations, but were a little scatter brained as to exactly what style we wanted to go with. Missy was unbelievably patient with us and helped out figure out exactly what we wanted by asking questions and showing us plenty of examples. After numerous e-mails with Missy of her sending us our proofs and making sure everything was just right, we received our invitations and we so happy with the way they turned out! They completely set the scene for our rustic/vintage wedding!

We also used Occasion Creation for the planning of our special day. Again, Missy was incredibly patient and helped us bring our dream to a reality. Her studio is amazing and she can show you examples of pretty much anything that you could ever want for your wedding! Not only was she busy putting together some of our centerpieces, lighting, and other special details, she was also checking in with all of our other vendors to make sure everyone knew exactly where they had to be and when. Coming into our reception and seeing all of our loved ones around such a BEAUTIFUL space was absolutely breathtaking, all thanks to Missy! And, we were SHOCKED to see her at the end of the night starting to tear everything down!

Missy of Occasion Creation is hands down the absolute BEST at what she does. She is fun, hard working, detail oriented, and makes you feel like family when working with her. I recommend her to anyone who is looking for an event planner!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Missy was a pleasure to work with! She created our custom invitations, as well as our place cards, table numbers, and signage for the reception. We received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was, and I couldn't have been happier. Missy is very flexible and down-to-earth, and I felt so comfortable meeting with her and knowing that she would create something beautiful based off of our discussions. I would absolutely recommend Missy to everyone!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Missy at Occasion Creations contributed a lot to making our wedding as beautiful and perfect as it was. She designed and made our save-the-dates, invitations, custom signage, escort cards, and table numbers. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the save-the-dates and invitations were. People were blown away by how beautiful they were. Missy also set up our cookie table the day of the wedding -- which was AMAZING. She truly is VERY talented and a trustworthy vendor. I would recommend her to anyone -- she does an awesome job and Is so easy to work with.

Profile Picture Brittny, 11/7/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Missy was so eager and willing to help provide whatever was necessary for what we needed. Her expertise and professionalism was over and above!

Profile Picture Glenda , 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Missy from Occasion Creation helped me design the wedding of my dreams! I wanted a fall wedding theme with subtle hints of Halloween and Missy nailed every detail. She was extremely patient while we went over paper choices for invitations and showed me lots of amazing examples. After the design was finished she created proofs in just a few days. All of our communication was prompt and timely. Our invitations were perfect and we received so many compliments on how beautiful they were. Because we had a Hallo-Wedding, we of course had to have candy! Missy designed a terrifyingly terrific candy table filled with spooktacular treats for our guests! Her glassware was beautiful and the trick-or-treat, love is sweet candy table was a hit with kids and adults. Occasion Creation helped to bring my dream wedding to fruition and I cannot thank Missy enough for her amazing attention to detail, exceptional ideas, and hard work! With a 6 month engagement, she made wedding planning a breeze for this crazy teacher who had always dreamed of a beautiful fall wedding! Thank you, Missy!

Profile Picture Megan , 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Partial Planning, Military, Religious, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

MIssy is fun to work with and passionate about her job. Her custom design (paper and decorations) and amazing! She did my bridal shower and wedding and I had so many compliments about everything down to the little details of the invites! I could not have asked for anything more! Missy and OCD is HIGHLY recommended!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Partial Planning

Missy is the only one I would trust creating a cookie table for over 100 dozen cookies! Not only was the design exactly what I envisioned, but the cookie table was a talking point of our reception!

Profile Picture Shannon , 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Religious

Missy did an absolutely amazing job on my invitations, table numbers and seating chart for my wedding. My mom and I got numerous compliments stating that they were the prettiest invitations people had ever seen! I absolutely loved the final product and Missy was the one to thank for that. I went in with a few ideas and she really captured my vision and did an incredible job! I would absolutely recommend anyone to her and her company Occasion Creation!!! Beautiful work!!!

Profile Picture User6404216, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Missy, the owner of Occassion Creation is great to work with, very friendly and happy to help. She designed beautiful custom paper work for everything in our wedding from the save the dates and invitations and thank you cards to the signs during the reception (sign the guest book, customized bar menu, ect.) We viewed many examples to help decide what we liked best. We were very pleased with everything done by Missy!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Missy was amazing to work with! I met her early on in the wedding planning process, and just talking to her about my ideas for the special day made me so excited to get planning!

Our invitations were perfect. Missy made proofs and no issue tweaking and changing things to make sure they were EXACTLY what we wanted. We let Missy know our budget, and she did her best to make sure it would work.

The way that she helped us transform our blank canvas venue into the wedding location of our dreams still shocks me. She was so willing to provide decor to add to and supplement the decorations my family and I had made was so helpful. Missy was also a complete BOSS when it came to dealing with my very difficult site coordinator.

I cannot say enough for how she truly helped take my ideas to the next level. I was nothing short of impressed!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Missy from Occasion Creations was extremely professional, respectful and went above and beyond to make my daughter Bria's wedding perfect! Her added expertise and personal touch made such a huge difference. The quality of her items that we rented were just so gorgeous. Bria came in with all of her plans and ideas and Missy was so creative with everything:) The seating arrangement chart, gift card box, her presentation of our cookies, candies and popcorn sweet treats table were all totally awesome!!! The memorial table, the signage on the cocktail bar were all phenomenal as well. Truthfully, words cannot express my feelings when I walked into the venue and saw her arrangement of everything:) Missy communicated very often and was always willing and able to make modifications when warranted. I feel without her assistance, our wedding would not have been as beautiful. It was a total Pinterest wedding and the so many compliments that I received on how it all was decorated made me so happy! My daughter Bria and I were very glad that we found Missy as our wedding planner, we honestly enjoyed working with her and I would recommend her in a heartbeat to any future bride!

Profile Picture Becky, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design

I found this company a few weeks before my wedding. I wish I had Missy to work with for the entire wedding. She did my place cards, which were incredible. I rented some frames and mirrors and it was all reasonably priced. Job well done!

Profile Picture Lynn, 3/21/15, 9 Reviews