O'Briens Sleepy Hollow Reviews

O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 6
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/03/2019

Excellent Food and Service

We hired O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow for off-site catering at our wedding venue in Akron. Dennis was wonderful to work with and was very flexible and accommodating to our needs. The day of our wedding they were there early to set up and ensure everything was going smoothly. The food was excellent and we received so many compliments from guests. The service was wonderful and staff was there to clean up from any spills immediately. I would highly recommend O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow for off-site catering!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Nicole Mccann · Married on 07/15/2019

Julie from O'Brien's is AMAZING!

I had the pleasure of working with Julie as a wedding planner for a client wedding and she was an amazing extension of our team and wonderful to work it. From our first call, she was on board and responsive and her team was so on top of set up for day of so that we were able to come in and execute the rest of our actions. The staff was so helpful and always willing to pitch and hand, and Julie would always check in and give us the tips and tricks of the venue so that we were able to all work together to execute an amazing event.
    I highly recommend this venue and working with Julie!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding

I can’t say enough good things about our wedding at O’Briens Sleepy Hollow on 6/1/19! From the day we booked Dennis, Laura, and Julie all aimed to make our day exactly what we wanted. We ended up with the perfect wedding day from the set up to the food. And OMG the food! Portions are so generous and you can tell everything is made in house! We received so many compliments the night of and the following days of how beautiful and well kept the venue is along with their outstanding food. I would 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 06/05/2019
    O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 7
    O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 8
    O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 9

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day at O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow! I worked with Laura at Sleepy Hollow and she was just amazing! Everyone there made the day go super smooth! Not one problem occurred and I wasn't worried about anything the day of my wedding because Laura had done such an awesome job of being on the ball about everything! You can't ask for a better staff to plan your wedding with.

The venue itself is just beautiful. It's not your typical venue at all! They have a gorgeous outdoor space for the ceremony. They also have a tented area for your reception and an indoor bar area. Laura did such a great job decorating the venue. She used everything I gave her and ran with it to make the venue even more special. The food is AMAZING! This is NOT your typical wedding food! All the food is so tasty and even the most picky people I know loved the food! All the food portions are large but the prime rib is HUGE! No one will be hungry! We also got late nigh beef on weck and it has become one of my husband's beef on wecks. He said it blew Charlie the Butcher out of the water.

Some awesome highlights I wanted to share: I hear about so many couples that don't get to eat on their wedding day. For dinner, our food was brought to us first by Laura which was awesome. During our after ceremony portraits, the staff came out to us with trays of appetizers to make sure we got to have some of those too! During dinner, the bar closes, but Laura checked with us a few times to see if there were any alcoholic drinks we wanted which I appreciated so much!

Overall, everyone had a great time and was raving about what a great wedding it was and it is in great part because of our venue. If you are getting married in WNY, don't book anything until you go see Sleepy Hollow. I couldn't have been happier having my wedding there!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Angela · Married on 07/28/2018

We first met Dennis and Julie at a wedding show. O'Brien's was on my list of possible places for our wedding, but once I saw them at the wedding show and got to talk to them I knew that was where my wedding was going to be. The facility is beautiful and the staff is wonderful. At our 1st meeting with Dennis he showed us a video of the venue and some photos from past weddings. Obviously we booked with him. That summer we got to be a part of the food tasting so we could decide on food. They had the venue set up as it would be for a wedding. We got to try a salad and were then called by table to get other foods. They also showed how large their portions were. We heard great things about their food but until you actually try it you won't understand how delicious it is. A few months later we met with Laura our event planner through O'Brien's. She was fantastic. She had great advice for what to do. She gave me her phone number and e-mail address to contact her with any questions that came up. Though the months I had MANY questions. She never got upset with me and she was very quick to respond back. At the rehearsal Laura was there and made everything so easy it was over in no time. The day of the wedding Laura was kind enough to put on the groom and groomsmen boutineers. She greeted me in the bridal suite and asked if I needed anything as I prepared to walk down the aisle. My concern after the ceremony was making sure I got their buffalo bites appetizer. I asked Laura if she could put some aside for me and my groom and she said they had staff designated for the bridal party to bring us appetizers so I did not have to worry. Dinner was quickly served to 200 guests. One of the best things about O’Brien’s besides their amazing staff is that they set up all of your decorations as you instruct and tear it all down and box up for you to pick up the next day. I HIGHLY recommend O’Brien’s to anyone who is looking for an outdoor venue!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Cassidy · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I had our Wedding at O'Briens Sleepy Hollow on June 2, 2018. We are SO happy we decided to have our wedding reception here- the venue is absolutely gorgeous, the food is so delicious with HUGE portion sizes (we had the prime rib and chicken cordon bleu), the staff was pleasant and efficient and the day was coordinated seamlessly. It is easy to see that Dennis and Julie have been in this business a long time- they are very knowledgable, were so accommodating throughout the whole process and made everything leading up to and including our wedding day very easy on us. Julie or one of the staff always had an eye on my husband and I and the wedding party during the reception and was always a step ahead of us when we needed anything. Our family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had, how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was! If we had to do it all over again I would pick this venue in a heartbeat! I highly highly recommend others checking out this hidden gem, you will certainly be very happy with what you find.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 10
    O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 11
    O'Briens Sleepy Hollow 12

Laura · Married on 09/15/2017

Dennis, Julie, Laura and the rest of the O'Brien staff were all wonderful to work with. The food was amazing!! The venue is beautiful!! We received tons of compliments all night long. It was perfect. Thanks you!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Aubrey · Married on 09/09/2017

O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow made the perfect venue for our wedding! They were able to accommodate all of our requests and make our day feel so special to us. We had our ceremony at O'Brien's as well, which was great since the guests were able to easily move into cocktail hour and the reception. The entire wedding was breathtaking and our guests all raved that it was one of the best wedding venues they had been to. I would highly recommend O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow for your wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Sara · Married on 07/02/2017

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. Dennis and his staff went above and beyond here. The venue itself is beautiful right by the water. The food was amazing/huge portions. We loved how they displayed our donut tower it was one of a kind and simply the best- To anyone getting married this venue has it all & they def took a lot of wedding planning stresses away- easy to work with family owned place that hosted our 7/2/17 wedding beautifully. Dennis and staff I really cannot thank you guys enough Tim and I were so impressed from the ceremony, lighting in the tent& outside, dinner service, smore's bar, beer wagon & awesome late night menu etc. you guys nailed it ;) Thank you all again. Sara & Tim

Sent on 07/03/2017

Adam · Married on 10/15/2016

My wife and I had our wedding at O'Briens on October 15th, 2016. We were so pleased with The venue, staff, Dennis, and Julie. Friends and family are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding. We got so lucky on our wedding day with the weather. It was 70 and full sun which is hard to come by in mid October in Buffalo. I know the wedding would have been great even if it rained, but the land surrounding O'Briens is to die for, especially when the sun is shining through the changing leaves of the trees. The creek running right along side of the venue is just the icing on the cake. Our guests loved the scenery and how gorgeous the grounds were. Most people didn't even know O'Briens existed but we heard multiple people say that it had to be one of the best venues when it comes to scenery in all of Buffalo. The food was amazing. People kept telling us how good their food was and the generous serving size. I was most amazed at how fast the food was delivered. We had almost 200 people and almost everyone was served super fast. The staff was great with all this. It's too bad that the wedding went by in a blink of an eye for us, but looking back at our pictures we are so happy we decided to have O'Briens as our venue. Zero complaints and easily a 10/10.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Grace · Married on 09/04/2016

We would highly recommend having your wedding at O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow. The staff was AMAZING and the food was even better. Both of us are Type A people and though it was difficult to take a step back, we're so glad we did. Julie, Dennis, and the rest of the staff made our dreams come true. ALL of our guests came up to us and said it was by far the best wedding they've been to (one so far was to say it was better than their OWN wedding!!!), the grounds looked gorgeous and the food was beyond phenomenal. Have your wedding at O'Brien's and talk to Julie and Dennis about all your dreams for your special day, they'll make them ALL come true; and invite us because we can't get enough of this place! ;)

Sent on 09/11/2016

Danna · Married on 08/26/2016

We couldn't have asked for a more accommodating venue. Dennis and Julie executed my vision perfectly. Everyone kept coming up to me saying that it was the best food and the best wedding they had ever gone to! That's what every bride wants to hear. Me being Type A wanted to set up everything myself and personally approve of the decor choices. I walked into my reception and was blown away. They did everything perfectly and I'm still on cloud 9 from it!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Amy · Married on 08/20/2016

I don't know where to begin...Dennis and Julie were beyond accommodating. The food was absolutely delicious. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. We had multiple guests state it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. People even went out of their way to give compliments to the kitchen staff. We couldn't be happier. If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Brittany · Married on 07/31/2016

Dennis and his team are absolutely wonderful. They are flexible, letting us throw a completely non-traditional Sunday monrning burnch wedding. They are quick to respond to emails, typically within minutes. Dennis (owner) has to be the greatest man in hospitality-going out of his way for me for day one. Everything was absolutely perfect and I can not rave about it enough. People loved the setting, being able to be outside and the relaxing atmosphere. HIs staff was top notch and I have recieved many compliments from everybody on how great they were. This is a family run business that over delivers whenever they can. If you are looking for a great, outdoor venue with staff that truly care-look not further than O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Jenna · Married on 07/03/2016

There are not enough stars to summarize how thrilled we were to have chown O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow for one of the most important days of our life. Two weeks after our wedding, guests continue to rave about the magic of O'Briens that is all its own. From the stunning grounds in bloom for our ceremony, to meals of culinary perfection, followed by a beautiful night enjoying dancing (and a top notch smore bar!) amongst the gorgeous lights in the tent and the trees-and nature's own fireflies, O'Briens will take your breath away. As if that did not have you on cloud nine, Julie, Dennis and the serving team delivered above and beyond when it comes to guest service, cleanliness, and maintenence of property, putting love and TLC into everything they did to make sure we were happy. Pre event, emails were answered with great responsiveness and thoroughly. Familiar with coordinating events, you could say I had high expections. They overdelivered in every way. Choosing O'Briens gave us the personal, intimate and beautiful outdoor wedding of our dreams, complete with the Irish hopitality that is innate to the O'Briens promise. We are overwhelmed with gratitude and will recommend to anyone and everyone for a gorgeous event to remember!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Jenelle · Married on 06/25/2016

We knew we wanted an outdoor venue, so we looked online and the usual barn/park venues kept appearing, but we wanted something different. It took 3 separate times of searching, but we finally found O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow. Looking at the pictures online, we knew immediately that it was exactly what we wanted. It had an incredible outdoor setting and an elegant area under the tent. It was the perfect blend, and our guests have been raving about how comfortable and perfect the venue was. Many of our guests took a break from the dancing and noise to walk by the creek or sit by the bonfire. The venue has a beautiful plot of land with greenery and trees that are perfect for photos (and for games). We even brought fishing poles to pose for pictures by the creek.
    Dennis and Julie understand that a wedding day is one of the biggest days of people's lives, and they do everything they can do make it special and perfect. The food was outstanding! We have such good memories with family and friends enjoying themselves at our wedding. If you haven't heard of O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow before, then you are missing out! If you love nature and want a unique outdoor wedding, then you HAVE to go visit Dennis and Julie.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2016

We are absolutely thrilled with how great our wedding was at O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow. Everything was perfect from the food and drinks to the atmosphere and background for our pictures! We were behind happy with everything that O'Brien's offered to us, and it was beyond what we could have hoped for a rustic & country themed wedding, with an elegance as well. The food was amazing and the service was wonderful. Our pictures are beautiful with all the flowers they have around the grounds. We had an awesome time at our wedding and so many who attended our wedding loved the venue as well! I would highly recommend and tell anyone who is looking to have an outdoor wedding to check out O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow!

Sent on 07/25/2016

My husband and I were recently married at Sleepy Hollow. We had our ceremony and reception at the venue. I couldn't have imagined or wished for anything more. Majority of my guests have never been to this venue and they were blown away by the beauty and upkeep of this facility. The grounds are perfectly maintained and surrounded by well kept flowers and trees.
    We had two appetizers, neither of which I had time try, but the guests raved about the spinach artichoke dip. The bartenders were quick and very friendly. We received many compliments regarding the services they provided.
    Dinner/reception is held under beautiful spacious tent. The food was perfection. We had plated service of prime rib, stuffed chicken or veggie lasagna. We had a tasting in September and we were impressed with the food, but the food the night of the wedding was even better. We received so many compliments and "Thank you's" for having great food!
    My husband and I loved the setting, we came early to do pictures before hand and they turned out great. Our guests loved that they weren't confined to one setting. They could get up and talk a walk to the creek, sit on Adirondack Chairs or the swing. A couple of my guest played horseshoes and loved it. The venue also offers other services, such as a fire pit, s'mores bar, late night food. We didn't take advantage of any of these, but it was nice to have the options.
    The BIGGEST service Sleepy Hollow provided was the set up and breakdown of all centerpieces and decorations. I dropped off all the decorations two days prior to the wedding with pictures of how I imagined them to be set up. They took care the rest. The even better part- my family arrived Saturday around 11am to pick everything up and it was boxed up and ready to go. Everything is hassle free! Dennis and Julie do such a great job. They strive to make everyone happy and no request is too much for them. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 08/15/2015

They were truly amazing to work with! The food and the venue was truly amazing, they went above and beyond to provide us with the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Emily · Married on 07/11/2015

Where do we even begin? We cannot thank Dennis, Julie & the entire team at O'Brien's for the most amazing wedding ever!!!!!
    From the very beginning, working with Julie was a pleasure. She was very responsive to all my silly little questions and both Dennis and Julie made us feel like the most important people in the world. Anything we wanted, Dennis was willing to help us get. He made sure we had a certain liquor that my husband wanted even though it was not a standard in the bar package. Weeks before the reception, we were able to add on the photobooth (great!). When we arrived at the reception, everything was set up beautifully - nothing to worry about. Guests commented ALL night about the beautiful yard and stunning tent. Guests were raving about the food (still weeks later... I am still hearing about the prime rib). The food came out in a timely fashion to all guests. As the bride and groom, we were treated like royalty.... we were served first and asked constantly if we needed a new drink or anything else. The bridal party was also very impressed that they were offered drinks and top of the line service during dinner. At one point in the evening, we were pulled away by Dennis to enjoy a few minutes alone to take in the events - very meaningful. I would highly recommend having a reception at O'Briens and I hope we have the chance to attend many more there!! 100 stars!!! :)

Sent on 07/28/2015

Dan · Married on 07/05/2014

All I heard was wonderful feedback from every guest. The reception was awesome, food was great. The Prime Rib was awesome it was flavored deliciously and was not overcooked or dry at all. The Stuffed Chicken was awesome too which I would recommend alongside the Prime Rib. I even had some of the Vegetable Lasagna and that was delicious too. The weather though not controlled by them was excellent as well which is always a big plus. They were able to bring the food out to all of the guests for a sit down meal that was served very quickly. I was impressed by that and the food looked just as good at table 1 as it did at table 18.
    The drinks were good all night long and it was just perfect. Anything you would want they would get for you and not charge you an arm and a leg for it. For example we wanted Red Bull and Vodkas. They charged almost the same price for Red Bull as WalMart would charge you if you bought it off of their shelf. They don't nickel and dime you, and are up front with you about anything and everything you could possibly want. The place is beautiful.
    Thanks again-
    Dan & Colleen Frawley

Sent on 07/10/2014

Allison · Married on 06/21/2014

I absolutely loved having our wedding at O'Brien's Sleepy Hollow! Dennis and Julie were wonderful to work with. They had the perfect balance of professionalism and a no-pressure, relaxed approach to help me plan our wedding. I wanted a venue that would have great food, be beautiful, affordable, and accommodate our guests. I got all of this at O'Brien's. It is clear that they only make high quality food, which I know can sometimes be difficult when feeding a large amount of guests. O'Brien's does a wonderful job at maintaining high quality service and food, even for large crowds. Dennis and Julie are so personable. I always felt like they were putting forth their best efforts to help us have a wonderful wedding. Many of our family members live in the town where O'Brien's is, and many said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. I was a little wary about it being mainly an outdoor venue, but O'Brien's has everything figured out in case of rain (luckily that wasn't an issue for us). We also wanted to have somewhat of a laid back feel and asked for lawn games, and they supplied those! O'Brien's understood what Brad and I were about. It was a great representative of my husband and my relationship.

Allie and Brad

Sent on 08/07/2014

Erin · Married on 09/14/2013

I cannot say enough about O'Briens! Dennis and Julie went out of their way to make it look exactly like I wanted. When I walked in the morning of the wedding, I was blown away by how perfect it looked. The food was absolutely amazing. The location is beautiful. The employees work hard and are very nice. New flowers were planted that morning and everything was clean. The bar is amazing. I could go on and on! My wedding was PERFECT and I cannot thank Dennis and Julie enough!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kate · Married on 09/07/2013

Our wedding was perfect and absolutely memorable! I have no idea where to begin! Planning could not have been easier. The wedding coordinator Julie made it a priority for us to have a perfect wedding ceremony and reception. She was very responsive to all calls and emails while planning. O'Brien's accommodated us in every regard. I never heard the word "no."

Unfortunately, it rained on the day of our wedding. The ceremony was moved to the inside barn area and turned out just as beautiful as it would have been if it were outside! The food and service were great! The bathrooms have been remodeled. The women's bathroom has three stalls to include a handicap bathroom which was perfect for the bride :)

I would recommend this place to anyone I know that is planning a wedding. We got a top dollar wedding for a great price! We had so many compliments from our guests!!! I just can't say enough about Julie, Dennis and the staff of O'Briens!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 09/09/2013