Oakwood Country Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Amy
    Amy T. Married on 10/23/2021

Excellent Venue

Oakwood was amazing. They did everything asked of them. It was easy to get my florist in to decorate and she was able to make the chandeliers so beautiful with the greenery and the wisteria hanging. The food was the best I've ever had a wedding and it tasted just like it did when my husband and I did our tasting. It was especially nice they were able to do the catering, the cake, the bar, and be the venue , and have all of this in one space. I didn't have to search all over for those vendors separately. All the staff was courteous and was available for anything needed at a moments notice. I would get married there over and over again.
  • Alison
    Alison B. Married on 10/02/2021

Oakwood is AMAZING - highly recommend

Katelyn and her team at Oakwood were amazing! We cannot thank them enough for allowing our day to run smoothly with delIcious food, drinks, and cake. The space is absolutely STUNNING with a great layout for the bridesmaids and groomsman to all get ready onsite while having separate areas to do such. I was a little worried the space would seem too big with our ~100 guests, but it still felt intimate. There are a few layout options for ceremony/reception with both indoor and outdoor spaces, which is an added bonus that you don’t find everywhere. Although it might not be a concern for some couples, parking is another perk at Oakwood with a freshly paved lot so you don’t have to deal with limited/city parking. My *husband* and I are so grateful we chose Oakwood, and we highly recommend this venue. And who knows… maybe we will be lucky enough to be members one day!
    Stephanie S. Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We were so happy with the entire day. Highly recommend!

Oakwood is a beautiful venue! The cocktail hour on the patio overlooking the golf course was gorgeous. You will not be disappointed with the updated and newly remodeled main hall and clubhouse. We worked closely with Katelyn for all our wedding day details. She emailed back quickly with my questions answered, was quick to make sure our day was just what we envisioned wonderful to work with. Everything from the bridesmaids breakfast to the appetizers were delicious. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the filet and crab dinner. We were so happy with the entire day. Highly recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Brooklyn J. Married on 08/14/2021

Nothing Short of AMAZING

We cannot thank Katelyn and Oakwood Country Club enough for making our dream wedding come true. The venue is absolutely beautiful, with white walls and big sweeping dark beams and arches. The massive windows made for absolutely amazing pictures. Katelyn was always available and made things so easy for us, she is such a great help in the planning process.
    Annie Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further - Have your wedding at oakwood!

We used oakwood for our ceremony and reception and it could not have been more perfect. Between the expert communication from their staff, to making sure every single detail was perfect, to even helping us with last minute things (above and beyond) - I cannot say enough good things about oakwood. Any time someone asks for a wedding vendor rec - oakwood is what I’ll say!!
    Sophia Married on 05/22/2021

An absolute dream!

I could not have imaging a more perfect day! Oakwood blew us away!
  • Morgan
    Morgan Married on 05/15/2021

Fantastic Wedding

They were absolutely fantastic with small details and giving us lots of time to set up. Couldn’t have asked for a better venue! Worth every penny.
  • Juliana
    Juliana Married on 09/26/2020

Perfect wedding day!

This venue made my dream wedding come to life. Everything was perfect from day one. Katie was very helpful, replied on time and planned everything for me. The venue is beautiful and the food is amazing!! The service you get is worth your money. Everything is included and you don’t have to worry about getting any extra charges.

Oakwood Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Juliana! It was such a treat to be able to help you plan and execute the perfect day! I'm so glad you chose Oakwood!! I wish you and Luis the best life together!
    -Katie
  • W
    Wedding T. Married on 09/19/2020

Perfect Day!

Everything was great! Friends and family had a great time!
    Josh H. Married on 09/05/2020

Perfect wedding weekend

Oakwood took such care great care of us through the entire weekend!!!
    Madelyn A. Married on 07/11/2020

Perfection

Oakwood was an absolute dream! The venue on the day of was absolutely stunning! The backdrop outside on the golf course is also beautiful-we cannot wait to get pictures back. Katelyn and the rest of the staff were extremely accommodating (before & during) and did everything to make our vision come to life. I had not one single worry the entire day! I can honestly say that when I reflect on my wedding day, I beam with how perfect it was- and that is all because of Oakwood. We are forever grateful.

Oakwood Country Club's reply:

Thank you for the kinds words Madelyn! We truly enjoyed hosting your wedding here at Oakwood! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!
    Mia S. Married on 05/23/2020

Amazing experience!

Oakwood was awesome! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Beautiful venue. We loved it!

Oakwood Country Club's reply:

Thank you Mia! We truly enjoyed having you and your family out at Oakwood! You looked stunning!!! We wish you all the happiness of married life!
    Mackenzie Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Had my wedding and reception

The staff at Oakwood was truly amazing! They were very organized and accommodating. Not to mention this place is beautiful!!

Thanks Mackenzie!

Your family was so sweet and so much fun! We wish you both a life time of happiness!
  • Jenn
    Jenn Married on 09/15/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wedding of our dreams at Oakwood

Growing up as a member of Oakwood CC, I always knew that I wanted to get married there, but as years went on, I found new and shiny locations. After scouring Kansas City, I am so glad that we chose Oakwood for our wedding day.

The driving range on the golf course provided the most beautiful green, hilly backdrop for our ceremony (that looks like you're in Colorado rather than Missouri!) and the stone patio was an ideal cocktail hour location. The great room is almost a blank canvas that you can dress up any way that you want.

The Oakwood team is a pleasure to work with. They are accommodating beyond belief, thorough, fair, kind and accountable.

Our food was delicious, including cheese and charcuterie, tuna tartare, bruschetta, meal selection including a perfectly cooked steak, delicious and creative Cesar salad in a Parmesan bowl and delicious late night pizza and chocolate chip cookies. They were so open to executing our vision for the food, which was something that meant a lot to us.

The venue has a beautiful and grand entrance as you wind down the road with the golf course on your left, a silly detail that mattered to me! I wanted it to be beautiful upon arrival, and Oakwood absolutely delivered.

The building is massive and can accommodate small or large weddings, ours was 150 and the great room was the perfect kind of full without needing any add on rooms which were also available.

There are great spaces to get ready as they have just updated their locker rooms. They have tons of light and are great for getting ready pictures too.

We cannot thank the team at OCC enough for making it the day of our dreams.

Oakwood Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Our jobs are easy when the couple is as sweet as you guys!

You are are so cute and wish you all the best!
    Lisa B. Married on 09/07/2019

Great experience!

Everything went smoothly and food and service was fantastic! The wedding and ballroom were beautiful . Katelyn was on top of all my special request. Best experience with no problems.
  • EGordon
    Egordon Married on 07/06/2019

Thank You!

Everything was so amazing!

• Beth
    Beth P. Married on 05/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Romantic and grand ceremony and reception venue

If you are looking for a unique and beautiful venue Oakwood Country Club is the best in town! It has incredible charm, built in the late 1800's and has beautiful views of the golf course. Katelyn, the event coordinator was accommodating with every request. She was organized, attentive and delightful to work with. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic! They have amazing locker rooms that the wedding parties can use to get ready. We were able to do the ceremony on the driving range and the reception in the beautiful main room. Oakwood staff and venue exceeded our expectations in every way!

Oakwood Country Club's reply:

Thanks so much! I know we all enjoyed every bit of the reception, down to every last detail!

Your kind words means so much and really do appreciate it!

Kate and Andrew are really sweet and wish them a life time of happiness!
    Kelsey Married on 03/27/2019

Oakwood was wonderful!

I had my wedding at Oakwood in April 2019 and I cannot express how happy I was with the venue! Food was delicious, Katelyn is so helpful, and the venue was very flexible when it came to how I wanted to decorate. I would definitely recommend this to a couple looking for a budget friendly venue!

Hi Kelsey!

Thank you so much for your kind words we really appreciate it! Best wishes to you and Max! Keep us in mind for any future needs like a baby shower?? :)
  • Meg
    Meg Married on 12/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our winter wedding was perfect!

I would like to say thank you so much for hosting our wedding! The venue was beautiful and the perfect setting for our wedding. Katelyn was also super helpful with making sure we got everything we wanted. We had a fantastic evening!

Thanks Meg!

You guys are a great couple and super easy to work with. I know you guys have a great future ahead of you! Thanks so much for your kind words and really appreciate you taking the time to write it out.

Thanks again guys and hope you keep us in mind for any future needs, like a baby shower :).

-Katelyn
    Jenny Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A country club with a country mansion feeling in the city.

I think Oakwood if the most beautiful setting in Kansas City for a wedding, by far. The food is delicious and they are willing to work with you to deliver the wedding of your dreams.
  • Thanh
    Thanh Married on 09/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The staff and especially Katelyn Lawson were absolutely amazing. When I wanted something done, they made sure it happened, even if they didn’t know if it was possible or not. I definitely wanted an in house chef to cook our food and i was absolutely floored at how good it was at the tasting and day of! We got so many compliments on the food! They even made my cake, the best carrot cake EVERRRR. The venue was like a rustic cathedral and i loved everything about it. Even the general manager of the club came by to tell us congratulations and let us know how grateful he was that we chose them. We did a last minute change from an outdoor ceremony to an indoorn ceremony and it was no issue! There just aren’t words to describe how easy Katelyn made this process. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, Katelyn, for helping to make our day absolutely perfect! I didn’t get many picture from that night of our venue but once i get them from our amazing photographer, I’ll post them!

Oakwood Country Club's reply:

Hi Thanh! Thank you so much for the kind words! Believe me when I tell you, the pleasure was all ours. You guys are a beautiful couple and great to work with! Thanks so much again for allowing us to be apart of your big day and I look forward to more pictures!
    Alyssa Married on 10/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at Oakwood in October and it was absolutely perfect. Katelyn is amazing and helped to coordinate everything on the day of the wedding, she made sure everything went perfect for us. We couldn't have asked for anything else, and highly highly recommend Oakwood Country Club!
    Kristy Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Absolutely amazing! We booked our October wedding at Oakwood. Kaitlyn the even coordinator is fabulous. So easy to work with and had great suggestions and ideas from start to finish. The staff is also great! Extremely helpful throughout our entire day. The food is incredible. Our guests went on and on about the food and venue in general. So beautiful all on its own before any decorating is done. We couldn’t have found a better place for our wedding. Thank you Kaitlyn and Oakwood staff!
    Katherine Married on 09/23/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I had our reception at Oakwood Country Club on September 23, 2017. We rented the main hall and foyer with access to the outdoor balcony. The hall is gorgeous with high ceilings and exposed wooden beams. Our fall colors were gold and burgundy and Oakwood was able to provide us with tablecloths, linens, and decorative plates to match. We were able to set up tastings to sample the dinner options. The food is amazing! Our guests raved about it. We worked very closely with Katelyn Lawson who is the wedding coordinator there. She was super helpful and easy to work with. Katelyn went above and beyond helping me prepare for the day of. She was always able to meet last minute and she gave me great advice as to what would work well in the space. She took care of setting up, cutting the cake, and cleaning up for us so we could enjoy our party. The next day we simply stopped by and picked up a couple prepacked boxes and that was that. We were also able to use the club's golf carts to go out onto the golf course and take pictures. The course has wonderfully tall trees, a hidden lake, and even some fountains in the back. Oakwood really is the total package and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality reception hall.
    Heide Married on 04/20/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is a hidden gem of a venue. I have been married for over 4 months now and I still have people tell me how much they loved my wedding. Rave reviews on the gorgeous location...and still being told how amazing the meal was. I agree...the chef is fabulous and it might have been one of the best meals I've ever had. The catering staff and director were WONDERFUL!!! I felt totally taken care of from the moment I arrived to the minute we left!
illustration stars