Oakhaven Properties Reviews

Oakhaven Properties 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Roddenberry · Married on 07/06/2019

Truly Like a Dream

It was more beautiful than I had envisioned in my dreams of the perfect wedding day. The staff was very kind, understanding, flexible, and accommodating. The barn is amazing, and having the manor for the weekend to spend time with my bridesmaids was so exciting, so much fun, the perfect way to spend the day/night before the wedding. I highly recommend it all!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Oakhaven Properties's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca for your kind words! We are so glad your time at Oakhaven was even better than you dreamed! Our staff tries hard to help make it a perfect day for all our brides! Congratulations to you and your new husband!

Lindsay Richardson · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful venue with the BEST staff

Oakhaven is truly the BEST! They recently rebuilt the entire barn and it is breathtaking. The staff is what makes the difference between Oakhaven and other wedding venues. They are the most genuine, sweet people and they will go out of their way to make your day perfect. 30 minutes before my outdoor ceremony was supposed to start, it started pouring. Thankfully, 30 minutes later it stopped, but everything was soaked. The Oakhaven staff hurried to wipe off all of the seats, fix all the decorations, and literally dry the grass (with leaf blowers) to make the ceremony look like everything I had pictured. Jeanette, their recommended wedding planner, was life saver throughout the whole planning process and I would absolutely recommend booking her along with the venue!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Oakhaven Properties's reply:

Lindsay thank you so much for such a beautiful review! We were so happy to help make your sure that your day was all you had ever dreamed it would be if there was any way we could make it happen! Our staff will work hard to make sure our brides leave with a big smile! Congratulations to you and Jacob!

Jean · Married on 06/15/2019

Would give them 10 stars if I could!

My daughter got married at Oakhaven in late June 2019. Everyone who attended raved about how beautiful and relaxed the wedding was! If we needed anything, we only had to ask once and it was taken care of. The vendors they suggested were awesome! We had 175 people in the barn in the heat of June and never once did we feel uncomfortable! If you are looking for a wedding venue Oakhaven should be on your list to visit!

Sent on 07/29/2019
    Oakhaven Properties 8
    Oakhaven Properties 9
    Oakhaven Properties 10
    Oakhaven Properties 11

Oakhaven Properties's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy that we were able to make it a beautiful, relaxing day for you and your beautiful daughter, Lynn!

Rebecca · Married on 06/15/2019

A beautiful wedding venue!

Oakhaven was the perfect venue! From the beginning of the visit, I felt so comfortable and welcome. They were always available whenever I needed something, and even after the tornado that knocked down the original barn, they reassured us that everything would be perfect for our wedding and it was! I would highly suggest Oakhaven for your wedding if you're looking for a rustic, charming venue!

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Oakhaven Properties 16
    Oakhaven Properties 17

Marissa Dougherty · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Place for Beautiful Day

We originally chose Oakhaven before it was first destroyed and my heart broke when I found out what happened. However, I knew it would be even more beautiful. In the meantime, the staff was very helpful in answering questions and allowed us to visit several times during the building process. The staff made sure my day was beautiful and I will never forget what a treat this whole place was. Amazing!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Oakhaven Properties's reply:

Marissa thank you for your sweet words! We are so glad you were pleased with the new barn and your magical wedding day! We all enjoyed your beautiful ice cream bar on that hot Memorial Weekend! You made it an unforgettable day! Please share some pictures with us! Congratulations to you and Casey!

Robin Lakey Thompson · Married on 05/04/2019

Best day Ever!!!!

The best venue ever! My day was stress free and just perfect. A big thank you to Gary for the tour at the beginning and all the questions. To Jeanette my wonderful wedding planner she is just the best! The day of to everyone behind the day Jeanette, Gary, Bob, and Trish and who ever else I’m forgetting thank you!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Oakhaven Properties 18
    Oakhaven Properties 19
    Oakhaven Properties 20
    Oakhaven Properties 21
    Oakhaven Properties 22
    Oakhaven Properties 23

Oakhaven Properties's reply:

Thank you Robin for choosing Oakhaven and allowing us to help make your dreams come true! It's reviews like this that makes us know we are doing something right for our bride and grooms! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us; you were such a gorgeous bride! Congratulations to you and Jake!
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 04/13/2019

Couldn't ask for a more beautiful and personal wedding venue!

When my fiance and I first visited Oakhaven, we fell in love with the natural beauty of the property. As we sat down with the property manager Gary, it quickly became clear that he wasn't just trying to book a wedding date, but that he wanted us to feel as in love with Oakhaven as he was (and we were). We were one of the "tornado couples" whose wedding date fell after the tornado destroyed the original barn. We felt so strongly about the people and the property that we elected to push our wedding date by six months so that we could still get married at Oakhaven.

We didn't expect the staff and management to be as passionate about perfecting our wedding day as we were, but they blew us away with their willingness to go above and beyond to make sure everything was as we'd hoped. Our weather forecast didn't look great for the wedding day, but the staff at Oakhaven was willing to wait until the morning of the wedding to execute "Plan B." They worked tirelessly the day of the wedding to transition an outdoor ceremony inside the new barn, without taking away from our experience leading up to the wedding.

In addition to the staff being absolutely outstanding, its difficult to do the property justice with words. The backdrop of our wedding pictures is absolutely stunning with the rolling hills, beautiful lake, and phenomenal sunsets. While the natural beauty is certainly one of the highlights of the property, Oakhaven has spared no expense on the reconstruction of the barn. Many of our guests commented on how nice the barn was and couldn't believe how affordable it was for our entire wedding weekend on the property.

Oakhaven provided us with the opportunity to not only have a wedding day, but a weekend of celebration. The accommodations on site made the rehearsal and day-of logistics a breeze and allowed us to be surrounded by family for the entire weekend.

We fell in love with this venue on our first visit and are so grateful that it became part of our wedding story. The cost, staff, and experience at Oakhaven is one that we feel can't be beat, and I think all of our wedding guests would agree.

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Oakhaven Properties 24
    Oakhaven Properties 25
    Oakhaven Properties 26
    Oakhaven Properties 27
    Oakhaven Properties 28

Cristy · Married on 11/18/2017

Beautiful venue! Gary and Jeanette are so easy to work with. I really felt like they wanted our wedding day to be our dream come true. I loved having the house for my family and bridal party to stay in! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Gretchen · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I couldn't have picked a more perfect venue or more hospitable professionals to work with for our special day. Jeanette and Gary went above and beyond to ensure our wedding weekend went off without a hitch. We feel fortunate to have exchanged our vows under the breathtaking oak tree and danced the night away in the beautifully restored barn. From the first day we visited Oakhaven to the night we drove off as husband and wife, we feel truly blessed to have found this breathtaking place with equally lovely staff. I'd highly recommend any bride and groom to choose Oakhaven. You won't regret it.

Oakhaven Properties 29
    Oakhaven Properties 34
    Oakhaven Properties 35
    Oakhaven Properties 36

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Oakhaven! They were so willing to work with us. The grounds are breathetaking! We also rented the manor where my bridesmaids, both parents, and I stayed the night before and my in laws and family stayed the night of the wedding. The manor is so beautiful and spacious. We also hired Jeanette Wagoner to be our wedding director the day of, which was the best decision because she was VERY well organized and made our day go so smoothly. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Oakhaven each time.

Oakhaven Properties 37
    Oakhaven Properties 38
    Oakhaven Properties 39
    Oakhaven Properties 40
    Oakhaven Properties 41
    Oakhaven Properties 42
    Oakhaven Properties 43

Carlon · Married on 05/20/2017

Oakhaven is a beautiful property. We rented the house for the weekend which made the whole experience much easier and fun! What wonderful memories!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Haleigh · Married on 08/27/2016

When we were planning our wedding, we looked at nearly 30 venues and chose Oak Haven because it was beautiful and by far the best value. We chose the whole weekend package for the convenience and it was a wonderful experience. We had our whole wedding party stay overnight at the venue and made the best memories. We were not rushed through preparing or cleaning afterwards. Both Gary Barrett and Jeanette Wagoner were extremely helpful and made even the most stressful things seem easy. They allowed us to personalize everything just how we had always dreamed without strict stipulations. They were so flexible and easy to get along with. Gary Barrett catered out rehearsal and everyone raved about the food. We fell in love with Oak Haven and by wedding day their staff felt like family.

Oakhaven Properties 44

Megan · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our wedding and rehearsal dinner at Oakhaven earlier this month, and we could not be more happy with the experience that we had. The staff was helpful, flexible, and a joy to work with throughout the whole process. Gary cut sunflowers for us from the gardens at the venue to use in the mason jars with the shepherd hooks for the ceremony and around our cupcake display. He really went above and beyond for us all weekend and during the planning. The venue is also stunning. We had our ceremony under the trees by the gazebo, and the shade was wonderful on the hot summer day. They've made so many beautiful improvements to the venue in the last year, making the barn and even the bathrooms even more beautiful. We loved having the manor house to get ready and for grandparents to sit before the ceremony. Everyone raved about the beautiful buildings and scenery. Our guests were truly amazed by this wonderful venue. It was a beautiful weekend, and we are so happy that we chose Oakhaven for our wedding!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Alison · Married on 04/16/2016

We loved working with Oakhaven! They were so flexible and truly made our weekend as special as possible. We opted to rent the property out for the whole weekend (Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday). We were able to arrive Friday morning to begin decorating. We held our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at the venue, and we stayed there in the house along with our entire bridal party (11 of us total, plus a few ushers/attendants). The next morning we were able to wake up knowing everything for the reception was already set up and start our day preparing for the actual wedding. Our hair/make up vendors were able to come to the venue to do everything, so we never had to leave the house. The staff were there to fulfill any needs we had or to cart us from the house to the reception area on their golf cart. The staff used the golf cart to aid any guests who had difficulty with walking. While it may sound like there was a distance between reception and ceremony, it was really just a short gravel drive and the golf cart was just available in case someone needed it. The venue has bathrooms near the ceremony space we used, as well as at the barn we held our reception in. We found that this was not a common thing for most barn venues (many required you to rent port-a-potties, which also required generators in some cases). They supplied the chairs (and pews!) we needed for our ceremony, as well as the tables, chairs, and linens for our reception. They had tables for everything form our food, drinks, cake, gifts, and DJ, to a special sweet heart table just for us. The barn includes fans for when it is warm and heat for when it is cold. They were able to easily accommodate our 150+ guest list and then some. Just off the barn was a beautiful deck, which many of our guest took advantage of for sunset photoshoots. The venue has ample ceremony space opportunities, but we opted for the space between the house and the gazebo. It is a wonderful place, ran by wonderful people!

Sent on 05/06/2016
  • Benjamin

Benjamin Rich · Married on 03/16/2019

Greatest Day of my life!

Oakhaven properties is one of the most beautiful, scenic and inclusive wedding venues you could could hope to find. My wife and I booked Oakhaven after her sister's wedding at the property and witnessed the magical transformation that occurred due to the storm. Oakhaven is an absolute gem, a diamond in the rough venue that is only beginning to blossom. There is no doubt that within the next few years Oakhaven will be considered one of the premier venues in the NC/VA area.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Oakhaven Properties 45

Leslie · Married on 07/01/2017

Everything about Oakhaven is fantastic. I was so thankful to have worked with Jeanette. She made my whole experience stress-free and worry free! You I am so glad to have chosen this place for our special day. They go over and beyond for everything you need. The entire place is stunning. I truly am so happy with my choice of Oakhaven.