Novella Photography Reviews

1 User photo

Novella Photography 1
  • Matt

Matt · Married on 12/08/2018

Paulette and Matt are AWESOME. Definitely book them if you can.

Paulette and Matt were AWESOME. Definitely book them if you can.

I've been to a lot of weddings lately and these two are the BEST example of my favorite kind of wedding photographers... a C.P.C.... or Cute Photography Couple. The two of them work really well as a team because they're a couple in real life--and, in addition, it makes them really fun to work with. And they happen to be REALLY talented to boot.

They honestly seemed so happy and to be having so much fun together shooting our wedding, which put us and everyone else at ease and made our photos way better. This manifested, at its best, with Paulette riding on Matt's shoulders to get cool aerial shots of the dance floor during the reception, which came out amazing.

Paulette and Matt were great communicators through the entire process. They responded quickly to emails, asked thorough but not annoying questions, offered to have calls or meet in person whenever we wanted, etc. And they were flexible the day of when our timing changed slightly and when we had to make some game-time decisions about locations to shoot photos. After the wedding, before our hangovers had fully passed, they had already sent us a "sneak peak" of photos (which looked amazing) and were a really great bookend to a great weekend.

These two have a really great way of trying to capture people looking natural, not posed. And trying to capture the event and people in an authentic way, not at all generic or cookie-cutter. They also were geniuses when it came to finding great places to shoot; we did our wedding in December in upstate NY, and so it was too cold to do much outside. But they managed to find great spots to shoot interesting photos within the premises of our venue that many photogs would never have thought of--like some fun shots of us and the wedding party behind the bar. They even took us up into the attic of the building, which was this sort of abandoned industrial space with old-timey windows and exposed brick, and got some amazing shots there. They made the most of what we had and it really was worth it.

In general, I could not be more happy that we went with these two.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/20/2018

Where to even start with these two?! Paulette & Matt did our wedding photography this past weekend. We had not done an engagement shoot or professional photos of any kind before our wedding day, but they are the kind of people who even though you just met, you WANT to be spending time with them on your wedding day! Not only that, but it is hard to wipe the smiles off of your face because you're having so much fun! We did not feel like we were posing at all, and that was something we were nervous about going into it. Our guests have not stopped talking about how much fun they are (they really shine on the dance floor) - and SO talented. We got a "sneak peak" of our photos THE NEXT DAY (!!!), and every single one of them blows my mind. I don't even have to wait to see any more to know that we are extremely lucky to have somehow found these two! Just take a look at their website and see for yourself, you will fall in love! Thank you guys!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Sally · Married on 06/30/2018

As the Mother of the Bride I can say that Novella Photographers are the BEST! While we have only seen some teaser photographs, those teasers are fantastic - we can't wait to see the final set. From the start the team was unobtrusive yet present. I have no idea what they were photographing but they were constantly snapping pictures - true artists they left us alone and did their work while we were getting ready - our wedding party was more in the way than our photographers! My favorite was at the end of the evening when the DJ was playing the final song ...the final shots were taking while riding on the shoulders of her partner - people are still talking about this a week after the wedding! Hire these two - they are the BEST!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

I am still smiling thinking about my experience with Novella Photographers- they are the real deal. Not only was the communication amazing from day one, but they pair worked together seamlessly to capture the tone and emotion of our day. During the wedding, I took a step back and watched in awe as Paulette and Matt communicated with just a look or smile to each other as they captured the wedding from multiple angles. From the crazy moments pre-ceremony to dancing the night away, Paulette and Matt never stopped.
    One of my favorite parts of working with Novella is a series of photos they send within 48 hours- I in tears seeing these pictures and couldn't be more excited to see the rest!!! There aren't words to properly thank you for how easy you made this process for us, you two are incredible and I can't wait to see all the magic you continue to create!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Jessica · Married on 02/03/2018

There aren't enough adjectives to describe how wonderful, creative, and talented Paulette and Matt are. I've been a fan of their work for a long time, and knew that I wanted them to photograph our wedding even before we were engaged. If you are looking for photos that truly capture the mood of your day without missing a moment of fun or any of the details you spent months planning, hire them!! If you want to ensure that your wedding photos look truly unique and unlike every other wedding album, you've come to the right place. We were so thrilled at how willing Paulette and Matt were to jump into shooting our crazy ceremony and embraced our desire to take some cool low-light photos in the snow around our bonfire. We knew this was going to be a challenge, but they never seemed daunted by the absurd ask. Our friends and family all commented on how nice they are and how they really fit right in with our group. As stressful as wedding planning can be, I would do it all over again just to take more photos with them.

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Novella Photography 2

Hannah · Married on 08/29/2016

Matt and Paulette were the absolute best! We had a tiny, family only wedding, and they fit in perfectly. I'm so glad I found them!

I've gotten so many compliments on our photos. They made us look amazing without losing our personalities or the light hearted tone of our event. What made me happiest, though, was that every one of our guests has told me how much they loved Matt and Paulette. I can't even imagine what the day would have been like without them.

I recommend Novella to everyone!!

Sent on 10/07/2016