Nouveau Events Reviews

Nouveau Events 4
Nouveau Events 5
  • W

Will · Married on 03/29/2014

We live about 2 hours away from Durham, where our wedding took place, so it was crucial that we had someone we could count on and trust to help us with all of the details of the pre-wedding planning process. We met Monica ( proprietor of Nouveau Events) at a bridal show in Raliegh and she seemed to be the most professional and creative one there. Later on we looked at her website and we were sold. To say that she exceeded our expectations is a gross understatement. From the moment we signed the contract, she was an integral part of our wedding. She coached us on vendor choices, set up appointments (this was very important because we needed to be able to visit multiple vendors on our short visits in town), kept up with our timeline, advised us on decisions, handled the myriad details that one often forgets about when trying to coordinate an event like this, and executed our wedding day flawlessly. There was only one time when we did not take Monica's advice, and it is the only part of our wedding that we think could have been improved. Our vision came to fruition EXACTLY as we had imagined it would, and then some. We could not have done it without Monica and her team.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Nouveau Events's reply:

Will, Thank you so much for your kind words. I had a such blast taking the vision that you two had and turning it into a reality. All of our meetings resulted in a fabulous and fun wedding that you and your guests enjoyed. Needless to say we accomplished our mission :) I wish you and your new wife so much happiness in your new journey!

Amy · Married on 11/09/2013

From my initial conversation with Monica (owner of Nouveau Events), I knew she'd be a gem to work with. She was extremely professional, timely, and knowledgeable. Although she's recently starting Nouveau Events, she comes with a wealth of prior wedding planning experience and it shows. I never had to remind her of any tasks or deadlines as she was always on top of things. FYI, we used her for day-of coordination services but she also offers full wedding planning services and I know she's excellent at both! Prior to the wedding, Monica confirmed all of our vendors which was a great relief to a soon-to-be bride. Having her certainly made the lead up to the big day much less stressful. On the day of the wedding, Monica and her team arrived and took care of any set-up needs, vendor arrivals, and all of the actual wedding activities. They made sure everything went super smoothly and we never had to worry about a thing. Along the way, anytime I emailed or called Monica, she would quickly respond and address any question I had. Not to mention, she even follows up with you after your big day to check-in and see if you need anything. Nouveau is a top service vendor who I highly recommend. I'm sure their calendar will be booking up so reserve them as soon as you can!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Amy!

You and Harold are probably one of my most beloved couples! We had a BLAST coordinating your fun yet elegant wedding at The State Club! Your organization is one that every wedding coordinator dreams about :)

Porscha · Married on 09/07/2013

Words cannot express how wonderful of a job Monica with Nouveau Events did. I hired her for full-time wedding planning service and she exceeded my expectations on every level I could possibly imagine. Monica planned my dream wedding in six months. She was there from start to finish working in a very organized and professional manner not only with my husband and I but also, keeping the vendors on time to meet deadlines. She is a wonderful person to work with and you can always count on her to be at your desire appointments. If I had to do it all over again Monica would be my top choice.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Mya · Married on 07/14/2013

We used Nouveau Events for Day of Coordination and I totally wished I had used Monica for more! Our wedding was planned within a very short time span and she took our many pieces and turned it into a cohesive event! We battled several rain showers on our wedding day and Monica kept us calm and worked it our so that we still had our dream ceremony in the gardens. Our ceremony was beautiful and the Nouveau Events staff even made our beautiful bouquets. Our reception was managed very well and all of the vendors did an amazing job under Monica's guidance. I 100% recommend Nouveau Events for their planning services and they are well worth the investment!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Torea · Married on 06/09/2013

Words can not explain the level of service that I received from Nouveau Events! The one word that does come to mind is AWESOME! Monica went OVER and BEYOND to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. In the beginning I thought planning our wedding would be an easy task but boy was I wrong. We were definitely blessed in so many ways when we found Monica. She was soooo patient with my indecisiveness. She kept me on track with everything and helped us to stay within our budget. She came up with so many ideas for the ceremony and reception and we used every one of them! Our wedding is still a topic of conversation between our family and friends. And they all complimented Monica and her professionalism. I could keep going but I don't want to take up too much space on the page :-). But I will say that whomever has the opportunity to hire Nouveau Events won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Julie · Married on 06/08/2013

Monica was my day of coordinator on a not so easy day to work with. We got married hours after a tropical storm came through our town! What a mess! Monica and her associates went above and beyond to make sure our day ran smoothly. Setup was no easy task when all had to be done hours before the ceremony. I am grateful for all she did and would highly recommend Nouveau! Having Monica there was exactly what I needed to keep calm and feel certain the day would carry through as planned! Thank you!

Sent on 07/01/2013

jessica · Married on 05/26/2013

We hired Monica for day-of coordination, and she was BY FAR the best thing we invested in!!!! i cannot explain how much stress she took off not only my shoulders, but my bridesmaids, my family, and all of the guests! I actually didnt do all that I was supposed to do for the big day...i didnt label things, i didnt sort things out...i was not setting her up well at all, especially since she was going to have only 2.5 hours to decorate the entire space! and with lack of time and organization on my part, she did INCREDIBLE!!! I seriously cannot stress to yall how much you would appreciate her for your big day! I mean, when my guests come up to me after the wedding and talk about how amazing our coordinator was, you can bet its not just luck. She was so great and we were beyond thankful for all the work her and her husband did for us!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2013

Monica was extremley helpful and organized. It was nice to just enjoy my wedding day knowing that all the details were in such capable hands!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Nouveau Events's reply:

Thanks Lauren! We enjoyed creating the wedding you envisioned! I am happy we were able to allow you to enjoy your special day be of service to you and your family! We wish you and Cody all the happiness in the world!

laura · Married on 04/28/2013

Monica did an amazing job and on a great budget. Even though she was hired for "day of" she was in contact with me months in advance of my wedding and was always available for advice and suggestions. I would and have recommended her to other brides, she was prompt and friendly and made my day a little less crazy. Also, she was stern with my vendors to make sure I got what I wanted for my big day. Awesome planner, if I could do it again I would have hired her sooner!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Nouveau Events's reply:

Laura, we had such a great time with you and your family! Even through we planned long distance, it felt as if we had been together all along! I am so happy you chose us to assist you on your wedding day!

Send us pics of the new addition!

Luck really favored us when by chance we found Nouveau Weddings and Events!

I can only say great things about Monica and Tiffany. We went to them with a 3 month timeline and I don't think our event would have been any better if we had planned for a year! Everything was great, on point; the wedding of our dreams. She always stayed conscience of our spending plan but keeping us focused on what was important. For a new and up and coming event planning service, they already rival the best.

I highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/04/2013

I am so thankful that we found Monica and Nouveau Events! She did such an amazing job coordinating the wedding ceremony and decorating for the reception. She kept me calm throughout the planning process and had amazing ideas to help us stick to our wedding budget. It totally exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Bushra · Married on 12/23/2012

Monica with Nouveau Weddings and Events was amazing! She went above and beyond my expectations and helped me bring my vision for my wedding to life. Leading up to the wedding day, Monica was with me step by step, helping with decision-making, to guest management, to dealing with vendors. If there were any issues on my wedding day, I didn't know about them. Monica took care of everything and I was able to relax and just enjoy the day. I could not have asked for anything more. I recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Dana Crisp Snelling · Married on 10/13/0018

Best Event Planning team / True Professionals

Nouveau Events led by Monica were absolutely amazing throughout the planning process and especially the day of my wedding. Monica and her team were the true professionals. She made everything so beautiful and elegant, just the way I wanted it. My guest are still talking about how gorgeous everything was and how organized and detailed everything was as well. It was truly a pleasure to work with Monica and her team and I would recommend her to anyone who wants professional, beautiful services at reasonable prices. I knew I was in good hands on my wedding day and I felt no stress at all due to Monica and her Nouveau Events team! Thanks again for everything!!

Nouveau Events 6
    Nouveau Events 7
    Nouveau Events 8
    Sent on 02/07/2019

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2013

My wedding would have been a disaster without Monica! It rained all day, our outdoor ceremony had to be postponed, and the cake even fell from the humidity. I didn't have to worry though. Other than the rain, I didn't even know about the other disasters until after the wedding, Monica took care of them smoothly and effectively. I was so happy that she was there to help! She is very professional and quick to respond to all your needs.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Kate · Married on 05/03/2014

I used Nouveau for my day of coordination. I still can't get over how smooth everything went! I feel like they did so much for me and went above and beyond the scope of the job. I will definitely recommend them to any of my engaged friends.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Hi Kate,
    We are sooo ecstatic to hear that your wedding was a smooth event worthy of recommendation. We worked very hard to make sure your Kentucky Derby wedding and all of the logistics worked so you could have a fabulous wedding!

Keep in touch!

2.2
      2.0
      1.5

I read through some of the other reviews before posting mine and I am confused by the comments. We used Nouveau Events for the "day of" services. Monica's level of responsiveness was spot on. However, we could not find where Monica and her team made all things that much easier for us. We felt like some areas of her coordinating were a little unorganized and she was not dressed professionally the day of the event. We believe the "day of" package is suited for the couple who may not have an onsite coordinator that comes with the venue. The venue's onsite coordinator we had could have taken care of the same items. The venue coordinator was hands on from beginning till end but had to step out of the way to allow Minica and her team to do what they were paid to do. In sum, that did not work out as well as I would have liked for the additional cost.

Sent on 01/11/2015

Nouveau Events's reply:

Thank you for your review! I believe the wedding you are referencing is from
    June of 2014 and I am so sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the level of service we provided you for Day of Coordination as we go out of our way with each client as we did for your event. We worked hard to accommodate your wedding after you cancelled your contract to only reinstate it at a later time. We worked with your venue coordinator to manage the areas of your event that were not the responsibility of the venue (anything not pertaining to the venue and staffing). It seems as if you may have been confused about the role of a Day of Coordinator and the services you indeed selected. We work with our clients who have completely planned their wedding day to ensure that it runs smoothly according to the plans they have provided us with. As for professional dress, we wear black to each event which is our standard procedure and within the guidelines of what we wore to your event as well. In addition, we worked extended hours on your wedding day by arriving early to assist you in making your day a smoother process. I hate that you were so displeased with the services that you hired us to provide, but we wish you all the best!