Nouveau Events Reviews

Nouveau Events 3
Nouveau Events 4
Nouveau Events 5

aleigha · Married on 10/08/2016

Monica and her team are world class! From the very first phone call I had with Monica, she was up and ready to go! The first time I met Monica, I was running late, and my phone died. I was over an hour late with no way of contacting her and balling. However, Monica greeted me with a huge hug and still met with me that evening, and was able to take on my wedding! I utilized the Day of Coordination package, and my wedding could not have turned out had it not been for this team. Monica is very prompt at replying to emails, and willing to find the answer to any question. Two of her associates were on site for my wedding and they worked SO hard to pull my vision together and adapted to some severe rain (#hurricanematthew in Raleigh). In spite of the weather, Nouveau Events brought all my dreams to life, and I was thrilled with the reception space. The team handled the change of plans very well, and were so polite when they informed of any adjustments we had to make. If you contemplating a coordinator, do it now. Call Monica. Set up a meeting, and you will not be disappointed. The day of coordination service really allowed me to sit back and relax on the big day, because i knew my vision was in good hands.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Becky · Married on 10/08/2016

Trust me - hire Monica!

Monica had the unfortunate pleasure of coordinating our Pinehurst wedding in the middle of Hurricane Matthew :) She literally saved the day. Every emergency you could think of happened and she was totally calm and in control the entire time. She checked in with all of my vendors all day long to see if they were still coming, what their ETA was, if any changes needed to be made, and communicated all of the information back out to everyone else. There were a few hours in the day where the band had cancelled and we didn’t have a back-up band or DJ yet, and she somehow managed to get multiple DJ/band options there last minute, in the middle of a hurricane, to do our reception. I would not believe that was possible if I had not seen it with my own eyes!

Monica went above and beyond the entire planning process. Excellent responsive communication, great planning materials, a true eye of event design, great local vendor connections - she’s the whole package. She is definitely the person you want in charge for last minute emergencies!

Thank you so much Monica for saving our wedding!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Christina · Married on 09/03/2016

I couldn't have planned my wedding without her! She took my Pinterest board and turned into an amazing event. She was super responsive and helped me decide on things (which I think is REALLY important when as a bride you have a ton of decisions to make). One example, I was late to my linens appointment and she went ahead and pulled some options and I loved all of them. She is very experienced (she made sure I considered all the things I would never think about). She made sure I stayed on top of deadlines. She definitely got my style and she handled our big African (and pushy) family like a pro! She helped make my day the BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Anjali · Married on 08/04/2016

We were so happy to have Monica plan our wedding! She was so quick to understand my "wedding style" that I almost felt she knew it better than me! Her patience and professionalism were exactly what we needed. With the number of guests and how involved our ceremony was, I was shocked at how smoothly our day went. No hiccups or hurdles, and Monica was always nearby just to make sure my husband and I were enjoying our special day. Monica, thank you so much!!

-Anjali and Anand

Sent on 10/12/2016

Tiffany · Married on 07/02/2016

She and her staff were great. We did day of planning so the month before the wedding we had an extensive meeting about everything. She took all we had done and put it together perfectly. she talked to all the vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. The day of she was great and had everything together and made sure things ran smoothly.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Nouveau Events's reply:

Thanks Tiffany! We truly enjoyed being apart of you special day!

Gretchen · Married on 06/25/2016

As the mother of the groom, I was hesitant to ask a lot of questions. Monica was open and asked me directly if I had questions. She was so friendly and helpful. One of questions I asked was, "Of all the weddings you have done, what is a piece of advice you would give me to help things go smoothly?" Her answer, "Make sure everyone is fed well." I took her advice to heart. As much of the bridal interactions were at our house, I kept infused water available, fresh fruit and lots of fresh veggies. The days were better, I think, based on her advice and me being willing to take her advice to heart.
    When you meet with her, I suggest listening and taking good notes...this vendor knows her stuff and her tips are important to a successful and less stressful event for all.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Nouveau Events's reply:

Thanks Gretchen! Your family was amazing and it was our pleasure!

Kara · Married on 05/28/2016

Monica and the team made our wedding day the best day of my life! she made the process so easY, I had no worries the entire time! if there was a problem she fixed it! she was even able to take all of my scattered ideas and make them into a beautiful cohesive dream.

Sent on 07/10/2016
  • Catherine

Catherine Lachapelle · Married on 04/06/2016

Monica Made Our Day Perfect

Monica is an exceptionally talented event planner, and we were very lucky to have her plan our wedding. She was extremely organized, professional, and patient throughout the entire process. Hiring Monica was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Nouveau Events's reply:

Thank you Catherine, I am so happy that you had an amazing wedding planning experience as that was my goal! I had so much fun working with you and Taylor!

Jonathan · Married on 03/12/2016

Monica Noa and Nouveau Events provided excellent wedding planning services. We hired Monica for the full planning service package. She was worth every penny. From the moment we hired her, she crafted a planning process that complimented our unique wants, tight budget, and constraints (we reside several states away from Durham, NC). The distance did not impede Monica's attentive performance or diminish the quality of services she provided. She scheduled conference calls with us at least once a month to keep us abreast of developments. Any updates and vendor confirmations were promptly affirmed in emails to everyone involved. She negotiated deals with preferred vendors and always provided multiple vendor options for our review. She utilized several online tools that permitted us to coordinate logistics, centralize information, and collaborate on tasks from our respective locations.

On the big weekend, she provided everyone in the wedding party, reception/ceremony participants, and close family members detailed itineraries for the entire weekend's festivities. Monica L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y. removed any source of stress and decision-making from our consideration. I cannot emphasize the positive impact this had on our experiences and memories. Most importantly, she and her staff at Nouveau Events facilitated a ceremony and reception that each of our ethnically, socioeconomically, and geographically diverse guests thoroughly enjoyed. No one complained about the wedding. Everyone complemented us on the celebration's execution. A sizable group of guests – many of whom didn’t know each other beforehand - wanted a “reunion” to celebrate again in a year. That is the kind of experience Monica and her staff at Nouveau Events facilitated for us last month. They are invaluable.

We highly recommend Nouveau Event’s wedding planning services to anyone looking to wed in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC area. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/04/2016

S · Married on 03/12/2016

Please do not consider having a wedding without a wedding planner, and I strongly suggest Monica Noa! She worked with us from the very beginning of the planning process and the event was flawless. The most important thing was I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding. Her team ensured that the day went off without a hitch (if there was a hitch, I never knew about it!). She is thorough, efficient, personable and very professional in all her dealings with the families and the myriad of people that she had to work with. Really enjoyed working with her and would strongly recommend her services.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Rosa · Married on 11/28/2015

Monica, from Nouveau Events, was heaven sent. My photographer Keith Cephus referred her to me & I saw her beautiful work at a Bridal Expo as well. Not only is Monica, an amazing person to work with she is very organized, idea-driven, shows initiative and I know that there is NO way our wedding would have been successful without her.

I was a very hands on bride who was planning a wedding in the US. When my husband was living & working in London and we had guests from Nigeria/UK/Canada & US all attending our wedding in droves so I was busy but Monica stayed on top of everything. I never had to worry about if the details were being taken care of because she was always there.

Someone came up to me after my wedding and started crying telling me how beautiful everything was and how they are glad they lived to witness the joining of two cultures on our beautiful wedding day that touched my heart.

The only regret that I made is that we hired Monica as a Designer (Only) instead of our Designer AND Planner. If you are looking for someone who is TRULY a DESIGNER at heart and an ORGANIZED WEDDING PLANNER. Book NOUVEAU Events. It will be the best decision you've ever made.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Diana · Married on 10/24/2015

Just stop reading this right now and go hire Monica!!!! I can't say enough good things about her, hiring her for day-of coordinating was the best wedding decision we made. If you're on the fence, just stop reading this and go hire her immediately. She made our special day run smoothly the entire day from arriving early to the venue, checking in with vendors, delivering the bouquets and buttonieres, checking on the guys and making sure they're running on time, to our timeline, to bringing my flats to change into, to EVERY small possible detail. She was on top of everything, I can't even say enough...she gave me peace of mind not only ON my wedding day, but on the week before when things start to get really crazy. My husband didn't think we needed a wedding planner at first (typical men) but at the end of our wedding day, my husband looked at me and said "wow thank God for Monica today." Thank you Monica, having you was priceless!!!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Courtnay · Married on 10/11/2015

Monica is great at what she does. Our wedding could not have went any better. Monica and her team workedbehind the scenes to make our day go on with out a hitch. She has a good eye for decor and can make your theme for your budget. I would highly recommendher services for your event.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Monica and her team are worth every penny. Sergio and I had a wonderful time at our wedding and didn't have to worry about a thing! Honestly. Other than the impending nuptials, I wasn't stressed about anything. I just hung out all day with my bridesmaids. The ceremony went great! Then we ate, toasted and danced the night away.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Tiffany · Married on 10/03/2015

We were married on October 3rd, 2015 and it will be a day we'll never forget thanks to Monica! After being a bridesmaid in a previous wedding Monica planned, she was my first choice for a wedding coordinator, which was the best decision we made! My husband and I met Monica about 13 months before the wedding and from the very beginning she was very invested in what we wanted our day to be like. She even suggested vendors that she knew and trusted and was right about each one! The weekend of our wedding, we were swamped with rain because of Hurricane Joaquin. With so many people traveling from out of town leading up to the day, I was becoming a nervous wreck! In the midst of checking in on vendors and the wedding planner, Monica made time to check on me on multiple occasions. She was so calm and prepared that all of my nervousness was put as ease. The storm didn't impact us at all and my wedding went on as planned. Needless to say, it was absolutely beautiful. All of the details were perfect! Our family and friends were so happy with everything and even they say we made a great investment by working with Monica. Our wedding was fantastic and we owe it all to Nouveau Events. Thank you so much Monica. You are amazing!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Kim · Married on 09/26/2015

OMG! Booking Monica was the first wedding decision I made AND the best! There are simply not enough words to describe how AMAZING Monica and her team are! My husband and I booked Monica for full-service planning and have zero regrets! Her recommendations and insight on vendor selection was awesome considering I had no wedding vendor knowledge and would get so overwhelmed just thinking about it! Her wedding day-of skills completely blew me away…not to mention wowing my Dad, who was skeptical about the whole wedding planner idea from the beginning! I’m pretty sure he was still raving about her a week later! Long story short, if you are looking to book a wedding planner and want ensure things are flawless and stress-free on your wedding day then Monica is your girl!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Stacey · Married on 09/18/2015

The first time I experienced the absolutely wonderful creativity of Nouveau Events, was at a Vow Renewal Ceremony in which I was hired to sing. It was so elegant, unique, and beautiful! Fast forwarding to 2015, It was my time to plan my wedding! My wedding planner had just quit and we were left to fin for ourselves. I remembered the event I had attended the year before and decided to reach out to the Bride for contact information. She sent me the link to Monica's website and instantly I knew Nouveau Events was the business for us! Her website alone told me that she was professional, creative, and serious about wedding planning! I sent her and email, telling her the whooole story about my wedding planner quitting and how we were about 6 months away from our big day, with so many loose ends that needed to be mended. Monica responded the very next day to schedule our consultation! Our first meeting felt like talking to an old friend, many laughs, very safe and open environment. I brought decor items that we had purchased with our old planner, and as horrible as they were, Monica showed so much compassion towards us and kindly let us know that we would need to go in another direction (lol). Up until our consultation, I kept what I called my "Wedding Planner Bible", I just found it under my bed after organizing yesterday, lol! I totally trusted Monica and her opinions, ideas, and expertise! Monica flipped our wedding upside down and made it more that we could imagine! We are so grateful and pray that God blesses her and Jesse abundantly above all they could ask or think!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Caroline · Married on 08/29/2015

Monica was amazing and made my wedding day stress free!! She was extremely organized and handled every single detail so that I did not worry about a thing. I highly recommend her and Her team!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Nouveau Events's reply:

Thank you Caroline for your sweet words! We absolutely loved working with you and you family! You were a STUNNING bride and we are so happy for you!

XOXO

Monica was one of the first vendors I hired for my wedding. Being that I'm a graduate student, I knew I needed help to have the wedding of my dreams. I hired a wedding planner to help make sure that all the details were taken into account and make the planning process as stress free as possible. Monica went above and beyond!! All her recommendations on wedding vendors were spot on. Our styles were similar, so I trusted her style choices for my wedding. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and I was able to enjoy my wedding day. I would recommend all brides to get wedding planner- especially Nouveau Events. It'll be the best money spent on your wedding!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Kaila · Married on 05/24/2015

If peace of mind on your wedding day is important to you and you want to KNOW that everything is going to go "right" and as planned....you need a wedding coordinator. And if you're going to get a wedding coordinator, get Nouveau Events! I hired them for day of services about 3 months out from my wedding on a "freak out whim" because I had been planning to do it all myself, but then I talked to former brides and all of them gave me the same advice, "get a day of coordinator."

So I'll give you the same advice, "get a day of coordinator!!" (Or a full planner if you need that, I hear Monica does that as well.) But seriously, this is how my wedding day went: slept in late, woke up, ate breakfast with all my bridesmaids/friends, watched my favorite tv show (Friends), wondered how much longer I had to sit around my hotel room, got pampered with my hair and make up artist, ate Jimmy John's, watched some more tv, drank a beer with my friends, got in the limo and rode around for awhile til it dropped us at the church where we got dressed and I only started feeling nervous for the last 5 minutes before the ceremony started. I didn't answer one phone call from a guest or a vendor or ANYONE needing something from me. I didn't worry whether the linens had been dropped off or if the flowers were set up. And it was all thanks to Monica and her team! I am a teacher - read perfectionist, over-doer, naturally type A, stressed out personality. But from the second I hired her I felt way more at ease with my wedding day and it totally paid off. Out of everything I spent on my wedding, she was the best money spent by far. All my other vendors (officiant, florist, etc.) complimented me on how efficient she was. From the rehearsal the night before to leaving the wedding after all the festivities, she got things done and she got them done perfectly.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. Your wedding is YOUR day - you enjoy it and let Monica worry about the rest :)

Sent on 05/27/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/16/2015

We used Nouveau Events for their "Day of" coordinating services (which actually means "Month of"). Monica was a pleasure to work with!! Even before the month of our wedding, I was able to email her for suggestions and advice. She responded to me within a day and always provided many options and resources. During the month of our wedding, I was asked to fill out a very detailed packet about my vendors, ceremony, and reception. We then met at my venue to go over the packet, the wedding timeline, and to go through the venue to finalize our final vision and tie up loose ends! Monica is extremely detail oriented and organized! This gave me peace of mind, since I am a perfectionist myself. I felt completely comfortable leaving my wedding in her hands!
    The rehearsal went quickly and smoothly! Some of my bridal party even commented that it was the easiest rehearsal they had ever been a part of, since Monica was so organized! Our wedding day was the same way! Monica, and her lovely assistant, Victoria, made the day go by so smoothly! If anything went wrong, my husband and I had no idea because they took care of it all! I had also done quite a few DIY projects that they happily set up for me the morning of the wedding (candy table, table numbers, memory table, etc.) Everything looked beautiful! My husband, my family, and I were all so pleased with Nouveau Events! I would definitely recommend using them!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

From the first time I walked into Monica's office, I knew from then she would be my wedding planner. I reeeaaally liked the décor of her office. Additionally, because I am a very indecisive person I needed someone who was able to help me make clear and concise decisions about my wedding. She was able to complete all of my thoughts and wasn't afraid to redirect my thoughts if they were veering into the wrong direction in just the first meeting. It was a no brainer that she was THE ONE. My husband and I chose the "month of" package but Monica responded to all of my emails and calls promptly in the months leading up to the wedding. Everything that could have happened to me on my wedding day, happened. My hair appointment ran over, I had to purchase a new dress for my maid of honor, I almost ran out of gas on the way to the venue,........But none of the guest knew of anything. I was extremely late arriving to the venue. BUT GUESS WHAT? The wedding started on time. Monica had all of the vendors in place, the wedding party in place, decorations in place, chairs, you name it. She kept me calm with her calm demeanor in a chaotic situation. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Nouveau Events to coordinate my wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Ally · Married on 05/02/2015

I met Monica at a bridal show about a year before my wedding. We decided to go with day of coordination and we couldn't be happier with our choice! A couple months before my wedding I moved 6 hours away from where it was taking place. Lets talk about stress! But when meeting with Monica the month of, I knew I had nothing to worry about. She confirmed with all my vendors, had a detailed timeline and just had everything down to the last detail covered! Monica was always quick to answer emails and any questions that I had. She worked with my officiant for our rehearsal and it was the smoothest rehearsal that I have ever been too. The day of the wedding couldn't have gone any better! Monica and her team did a great job at making every last detail perfect and keeping everyone on schedule. She was even there to help find my veil the morning of the wedding when we were calling her from the hair salon. I had compliments from my bridal party and guests that my wedding planner was on top of everything! I couldn't have had a more perfect day and I would definitely recommend Monica and her team!!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Sonia · Married on 04/25/2015

Monica, Emily and Cassie were amazing to work with! I used them for Month of Coordination and it was one of the best wedding decisions I made. They made sure we had a timeline that worked and made sure everything went smoothly. I basically just had to show up because they handled everything. Would totally recommend them!

Sent on 05/04/2015

We hired Nouveau Events for partial planning and day-of coordination. Monica and her team were great, both with the styling of the venue and with coordination! Any concern that came up, they were on it--we had a few issues with some of our vendors and Monica handled everything. I felt a lot better in the months and days leading up to our wedding knowing that we had her in our corner! It also took a lot of stress off of our families, allowing them to sit back and enjoy the weekend. I'm so happy we chose Monica and Nouveau Events--you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/14/2015