Nonantum Resort Reviews

Nonantum Resort 6
Nonantum Resort 7

Our thank you note to Tim Ames (Director of Sales/Coordinator) says it all:

Dear Tim,

A fairy tale wedding. It feels like just days ago I stepped foot into the romantic,timeless ballroom of the Nonantum to meet with my second Prince Charming! Your compassion, grace, and ability to organize everything before the hour strikes puts any bride at ease. From the ballroom to the apple cider station, every detail shined. When we stepped into the ballroom to view it for the first time, tears welled up as it was everything we dreamed it would be and more. You truly made my husband and I, our families, and our guests feel that our wedding was the only one of the year. Our guests continue to talk about our wedding as one to remember. None of this could have been possible without you. Words can’t express the lasting impact you have had on our lives and the memories we will cherish for years to come.

Sent on 12/05/2015

N · Married on 10/31/2015

Our thank you note to the staff at the Nonantum says it all:

To the Nonantum Staff:

It was 1:30am as the bride and groom took their final steps off the trolley. As their guests made their way to bed, the groom turns out his pockets to find no hotel key. The first disagreement? Not in the least, a chance to sneak back into the old lobby on Halloween night. The bride thinks, “We may have to sleep in the lobby tonight.” The door creaks and a faint light emerges from the front desk. A smiling staff member greets us to ask if we had a fun night. Fun can not begin to describe the experience that the Nonantum staff has given us. The personal attention, promptness, and understanding is still being talked about today. One guest recalls: “They know I’m the guest from the Cape!” Our wedding begin on Thursday night as we met Ester while dropping off hotel bags, the excitement on her face as she would be part of our big day made us feel special from the start. Guy, who moved my husband from room to room all weekend never faltered. To each and everything one of you who worked nonstop to make our day everything we dreamed it would be, we give our deepest thanks.

Sent on 12/05/2015

Our son and daughter inlaw got married at the Nonatuma few weeks ago. Dawn and her team did an amazing job and truly created a magnificent event. Everything was perfect and it was truly the day my daughter inlaw dreamed about. Dawn never missed a beat, even moving the cocktails hour inside last minute. The day flowed perfectly and she kept everything together an in time. Her team was beyond courteous, poite and attentive to all our guests. We even had a family member who has worked in the hospitality industry for over 30 years comment on the staffs professionalism. The food was outstanding. Multiple people commented how good it was, especially the beef dish and the Challah was better than my favorite bakery in Boston. The pastry chef outdid herself,creating cheese cake pops that were to die for and a special request from the bride. I would absolutely work with Dawn and her team again in a heartbeat. The Nonantum did an amazing job!

Sent on 06/28/2017

HariNarayan · Married on 09/26/2015

Tim and the rest of the Nonantum staff were absolutely wonderful to work with on our wedding day this September. The wedding was so amazingly joyful and happy, in large part because the Nonantum team made everything happen smoothly behind the scenes. Couldn't have found a more perfect venue.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/25/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Nonantum Resort on September 25th! Everything was perfect!! I could not have asked for a better venue! Dawn was our wedding coordinator and was amazing to work with throughout the whole process. She was extremely responsive and answered every question I had from day one. She worked with us closely every step of the way! I felt like I was the only bride! I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day and I was right. From the minute I stepped out of the limo Dawn and the Nonantum staff were there to greet us and make sure the night went perfectly (the run of show was flawless). The service from all staff was amazing and accommodating. From planning, to set up, to the night of the event, - everything was on point. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious! Again, I can't say enough amazing things about the Nonantum Resort. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Krista · Married on 07/24/2015

I am so happy my husband and I had our wedding reception at the Nonantum! I grew up visiting Kennebunkport and knew I wanted to get married in the area and when we visited the Nonantum, we knew right away it was the perfect venue. Dawn was extremely helpful throughout the year of planning and helped us stay calm. We live in Los Angeles and were worried about planning from across the country, but Dawn made it easy to plan. She answered all of our questions quickly and gave us great advice when we needed to make decisions. The Nonantum was willing to offer whatever we wanted for our wedding day and it turned out to be the perfect day! We had so much fun! Everything went according to plan. It was the best day of our lives and we thank the Nonantum so much! We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Emily · Married on 06/26/2015

We had our wedding at the Nonantum at the end of June. Our wedding day and planning experience truly exceeded our expectations. We were so sad when it was over because it was truly our favorite day ever.
    Dawn was our coordinator and was wonderful. She responded to all emails quickly and was willing to make time to meet with us when we were in town to meet with other vendors. She was incredibly flexible when we had to cancel a few people last minute due to medical emergencies. She made sure things went off seamlessly.
    Aside from the insanely gorgeous lawn making it a heart choice, the Nonantum also has amazing food. Our guests kept raving about the food and I can honestly say it is some of the best "wedding food". I have had.
    We are so excited to come back in the future!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Our daughter's wedding at the Nonantum surpassed our wildest expectations. Tim Ames was our wedding coordinator and brilliantly orchestrated every detail of our three-day event. When we arrived, Tim said that we were to just relax and enjoy every minute and that he and his staff would take over from there. I couldn't imagine that it would be possible to just let go and allow them to manage all the little aspects of this important event, but, amazingly, we did just that and the wedding went off perfectly. The rooms were gorgeous and comfortable, the food was fabulous, the location is breathtaking, and the staff anticipated our every need. I can't imagine a better place to hold any event, especially one as important as a wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Jamie · Married on 05/24/2015

The Nonantum Resort was the perfect setting for our wedding! We had a gorgeous day and everything went off without a hitch. Tim Ames was just amazing! They all work so hard there to put on an amazing wedding which ours truly was! We can't say enough good things about everyone at the Nonantum and how awesome our wedding was! Our guests were all impressed as well.

Sent on 07/02/2015

The Nonantum Resort was truly the ultimate wedding venue. A picturesque inn on the harbor with a lighthouse to boot! It felt like home the moment we stepped on the property. There was no question; we were going to get married there. Tim, our wedding coordinator, was an invaluable resource throughout the entire process. He kept us on track and even helped us brainstorm unique ideas, such as a s'more bonfire/cocktail hour the night before our wedding. When it came to the details, Tim nailed it. In our meetings with him, he was sure to understand our "big picture" and then day of, he and his staff executed our wedding perfectly. As for the Nonantum staff, I'm not sure I've ever received such incredible customer service. By the end of our wedding weekend, the staff felt like they were an extension of our guest list. I literally could not say enough praise for the Nonanatum.

Sent on 12/27/2014

Renée · Married on 10/04/2014

Our daughter and son in law were married in Oct 2014 at the Nonantum. The venue was originally chosen because of the beautiful location: seaside and coastal Maine. However, the weather was terrible but the wedding reception was amazing and totally stress free. The Nonantum staff: Dawn Blystone (event planner), Mark (head of beverages), the chef, the service staff and everyone involved were beyond helpful and fully engaged in our event, making it a fantastic evening despite the weather! The food was spectacular and their help in setting up the event was immeasurable. We hosted a brunch the next morning which was just as wonderful as the rest of what the Nonantum Resort had to offer. The service staff was extremely friendly and very gracious! Beautiful venue, lovely and friendly staff and amazing food!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Katrina · Married on 10/03/2014

The staff at the Nonantum Resort did an amazing job on our wedding, we could not have asked for anything better. The food was amazing, absolutely no complaints from any guests! The location is beautiful, whether it be the decorations in the ballroom or the scenery along the river. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. They were great with making suggestions and keeping everything on track for the big day. We would highly recommend the Nonantum Resort to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Abigael · Married on 08/29/2014

It is hard to put into words how perfect the Nonantum was for us. Our wedding coordinator, Tim Ames, along with the rest of the staff, helped us have a perfect and memorable wedding reception. After signing our original contract and sending in the deposit, I found out my sister was pregnant and due a day after our wedding. The fact that she lives in London was going to make it impossible for her to be at there. I met with Tim in a panic and he pulled out his calendar, told me what was available in August, and we changed the date...he made it that easy. He turned a stressful situation into one that was manageable and exciting since my sister could now be a part of the day! The food at our wedding went above and beyond expectations. Thank you to Chef Jeff!!! Our wedding guests are still talking about how delicious their dinners were. Everything at the reception went on without a hitch. Tim was always in the background making sure things were running smoothly.
    I thought that since I wasn't from Maine but planning my wedding there, I was going to be stressed with the distance. Having Tim and the staff helping us, I thought I was right down the road. He answered my emails and phone calls in a timely manner and was always there with a suggestion or help.
    The icing on the cake was the call from Tim the morning of the wedding...he said "don't worry everything is fine, we are just wondering what you and Ryan would like to drink when you come off the boat so we can have it waiting for you". Tim's attention to detail and caring went above and beyond anything we could have imagined.
    Throughout all encounters with the staff, the night of the wedding and morning after, they were all so friendly. So many "congratulations" and thoughts of happiness were shared. We were so appreciative!
    If possible, I would recommend taking the boat, the Pineapple Ketch into happy hour. It was great for Ryan and I to have a little time alone and surprise our guests with our entrance.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Where do I begin...between Dawn (the wedding coordinator) & Steve (the head Chef), our wedding went down as one of 'most fun', 'well thought out' & 'best food' weddings/receptions our friends & family have attended. I had one friend tell me that the food was the best she's had in her life!
    Dawn is a gem...The Nonantum is so lucky to have her. She was on top of every detail & really made us feel like we were her only clients. She never seemed irritated or rushed & always had everything done & done right!
    I love that this venue only takes one wedding per day & allows the bridal party to really take over for the whole day without feeling like we're overstaying our welcome. The getting ready room is super cute, the rooms are amazing & the staff makes you feel so comfortable that you literally are sad when you leave. I recommend this venue to anyone that is planning a wedding whether it's destination or if it's in your own backyard. And even if you're not planning a wedding/function, Chef Steve will cook you the best meal of your life!
    I plan on returning for anniversaries because as their saying states, it's where traditions begin!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Christy · Married on 07/12/2014

We had our ceremony followed by tented reception....it was fabulous. Tim was excellent to work with and made everything perfect. The food was excellent. The entire staff at the Nonantum was very helpful and professional....would definitely recommend this place.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Jamie · Married on 05/17/2014

The nonantum resort was amazing to have a wedding. They were so attentative and professional. Dawn was amazing and made our day perfect! The food was also out of this world delicious

Sent on 06/11/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/03/2014

We had our Reception at the Nonantum Resort for our 178 guests on May 3rd & it could not have gone any better! Tim Ames was an incredible Coordinator from start to finish. He's very experienced, has a lot of great ideas & takes care of EVERYTHING so that the Bride and Groom don't have to worry about one thing! The location is beautiful right on the water, the food is well above your "typical wedding food" (we received MANY compliments), the staff went above & beyond and the accommodations were stunning. We could not have picked a more perfect location for our Reception & we were so lucky to have Tim as our Coordinator!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Nonantum did an amazing job for our wedding. The staff was so helpful from planning to the actual wedding day (and even the day after helping us pack the car!). When my husband and I walked into the reception the staff greeted us with smiles and glasses of champagne (we felt like royalty!). The food was also amazing. All of our guests told us after that they loved the food. They also commented on the fact that even if it was the last table served, the food was still hot as if it just came out of the oven. Nonantum knows what they are doing!

Sent on 03/15/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2013

Service, staff, food, cleanliness and location are unbeatable! Wedding as perfect!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2012

I worked with Dawn at the Nonantum and she was always there for me to answer questions or give advice. She helped to get everything set up and the wedding went off without a hitch. Everything was absolutely perfect, I could not have asked for more. Although I would do it all over again if I could because it was so much fun. The Nonantum is a gorgeous place for a wedding and sailing in on the Pineapple Ketch was an experience I will never forget. I recommend the Nonantum for sure!!!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Amazing venue and awesome staff!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Jackie · Married on 10/07/2011

My Husband Seth and I had our dream wedding at The Nonantum Resort. The resort and surroundings are breathtaking. We had an outdoor ceremony by the lighthouse on a perfect fall day. The staff is top notch. Dawn, our wedding coordinator was amazing. She was always available to any questions we had. She also recommended all of our vendors (who we were very pleased with). The whole process from start to finish was wonderful. The food was delicious, chef Steve was so flexible (even creating dishes to fit our preferences). Most of our guests stayed at the Resort and loved the accommodations, especially the complimentary breakfast. The wedding day was so relaxed. We felt so taken care of and didn't have to worry about a thing. The waitstaff was on point and delightful. The Nonantum Resort really knows how to put on an amazing wedding.

Sent on 12/28/2011

Sarabeth · Married on 09/03/2011

Our wedding Sept 3, 2011 was amazing! The staff at Nonantum really helped make the day beautiful. We got the sense that everyone really enjoyed their jobs. Tim, our coordinator was wonderful to work with. I have a demanding family and he was gracious and accomodating throughout the process. The food was excellent and they made items we requested. We tented the wedding outdoors and Tim encouraged us to not spend the extra money to build flooring throughout and to keep the grass except on the dance floor-it was great advice and unusual from a vendor. On another note our guests staying at Nonantum loved the included breakfast.

Sent on 09/09/2011

April · Married on 08/22/2010

The Nonantum resort is a beautiful venue made perfect by Tim and his team. Everything about my wedding day was absolutely wonderful and it all fell into place. Again, everything we had discussed and planned was carried out to a 'T.' I would recommend the Nonantum to anyone who was thinking of having a wedding in the Kennebunkport area.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Mallory · Married on 07/04/2010

The Nonantum Resort was an amazing place to have our July 4th wedding! Every aspect of the day was perfect because of them. The Ceremony, Cocktail hour, dinner, and fireworks were perfect. We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 08/08/2010