Nikki Johns Events Reviews

Nikki Johns Events 4
Nikki Johns Events 5
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 09/20/2019

You will feel like royalty

When we set out to plan our wedding, we had initially planned to have a family member or friends do the day-of coordination. As we planned the wedding more and more we realized how stressful and impossible this would be. When we started to look for a wedding coordinator, we were immediately smitten by Nikki’s expertise, professionalism, and infectious enthusiasm. We immediately knew she was the right person to help make our perfect day come to life.
    Even though we only hired her for day-of coordination services, Nikki was always available for questions, advice, and a comforting shoulder to lean on. Every time we got off of the phone with Nikki, or left a meeting with her, my wife and I would look at each other and let out a sigh of relief. We knew that we were in good hands.

When the day of the wedding came, Nikki and her partner Shay were amazing. They had every single detail prepared and planned down to the tee, and they made sure everything was perfect even when things had potential to go wrong. Before we were even introduced to her, Shay was straightening out my wife’s veil and fixing her hair. During the first dance, I hadn’t realized I had frosting on my sleeve, and before anyone could notice, Shay swooped in and wiped my sleeve down as fast as lightening and made it so somehow nobody noticed her.

Nikki Johns and her team are miracle workers and will make your wedding as magical as you always dreamed it would be.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Tom

Tom Stowers · Married on 09/13/2019

A Groom's Recommendation for Nikki Johns Events

Nikki Johns Events made planning our Eastern Market wedding a simple and enjoyable experience for us. Overwhelmed by choosing a venue that required us to bring in everything from outside vendors and both of us having demanding work schedules, we decided that it would be best to work with a wedding planner. And we're so happy that we choose Nikki Johns Events to help us.

Knowing that most people find planning a wedding stressful and time-consuming, I was surprised by how easy working with Nikki Johns Events made the process. Nikki has a pragmatic approach in her planning and a thorough system for making sure all details are covered. With a few in-person meetings and emails, Nikki helped us bring the wedding we were imagining to life. The best part is we were still able to do the things that we found fun about planning a wedding and leave the more tedious tasks to Nikki.

The day-of coordination was executed exactly as discussed and exceed our expectations. It was so nice to enjoy the morning of the wedding day with our family and friends knowing that all of the set-up was being handled for us. The professionalism of the Nikki Johns Events staff continued throughout the evening, from handling any unexpected challenges that popped up to making sure the ceremony ran smoothly. It really made us feel like our only responsibility was to have fun and celebrate!

I would highly recommend budgeting for a wedding planner for your wedding, specifically Nikki Johns Events. You'll be investing a lot of money into one day of your life, so it's important that you not only enjoy that one day to the fullest, but the process of getting to that day as well. I know that Nikki Johns Events will do that for you.

Nikki Johns Events 6
    Nikki Johns Events 18
    Sent on 10/01/2019

Summer · Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding Planner- All inclusive

We loved Nikki so much! My husband and I were living in Chicago and getting married in Detroit and she helped make an amazing wedding possible in less than a year! She was always very flexible with our schedules and always made time for us whether over the phone or when we were in town last minute. Her fun and relaxed but professional personality along with her experience and connections in the area were exactly what we were looking for! She made wedding planning a fun experience for me and the wedding day a fun experience for everyone!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • I

Irene Wu · Married on 08/10/2019

Made planning an out of town wedding so easy!

My husband and I were planning a wedding from a different city and Nikki and her staff helped made the process so stress free! They were so knowledgeable and gave such great advice. We didn't meet our day of coordinator until the morning of the wedding but she was SO on top of it and didn't miss a beat. Highly recommend Nikki and her team!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Sadie · Married on 10/21/2017

I have NO idea how we could have planned our wedding with out Nikki. My Husband and I both work full time and go to school full time. She literally did everything for us. She was incredible to work with. She is very professional and has a great personality. She saw my vision perfectly! Our wedding exceeded what I have always dreamed of. I cant say enough good things about her. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NIKKI! We had such a great experience! :) Thank you, Nikki!

Sent on 12/13/2017

samantha · Married on 09/30/2017

I had decided early on in my wedding planning that I didn’t need a planner and that I could handle it all myself. However 3-4 weeks before the wedding my dad could see I was struggling and becoming really stressed out. He had told me he found this lady named Nikki, who just happens to be my client (I’m a hair stylist) and I was so incredibly happy he found her and she was going to help me on the last stretch of the wedding. Within those last three weeks she helped make lists and make sure I have everything I needed. Nikki was able to help set up my whole venue the day before and had a really awesome assistant help on the day of! It was such a great feeling having her and my wedding turned out absolutely amazing! Thank you Nikki!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kaylie · Married on 09/09/2017

I was on the search for a day-of coordinator because my reception venue didn't guarantee that I'd be able to set up and decorate more than two hours before it began, so I needed some help. From the very beginning, Nikki was such a pleasure to work with. We had two meetings, and during both she was so organized and truly put me at ease. It wasn’t rare that she reminded me of things that I hadn’t thought about previously and because of that, I was much more confident down the road that everything was taken care of. Once the day came, she showed up early to set up the ceremony site, handled my panicked texts about last minute mishaps with ease, and helped to make sure that our reception was set up beautifully. We even had a somewhat complicated vision for our dessert table, and it came out perfect! I am so glad that I hired Nikki not just for her talents, but also for the calming effect she had on everyone she came across. As someone who wanted to do most of my wedding myself, I highly recommend hiring Nikki as a coordinator so that you can truly sit back and enjoy your day – it will be in good hands!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Karim · Married on 08/27/2017

Where do I begin?
    First of all I don't ever leave reviews, but I have to for Nikki, because people deserve to know what kind of wedding planner/coordinator Nikki is.

Our venue didn't come with anything included, so we had to get vendors for everything! Nikki made sure that all the vendors were there, doing their job, and went above and beyond. She cut the cake, she set up chairs, she was in communication with us the whole time.

I can't express enough how amazing she is at her job. Like I said, above and beyond.

If you are reading this review, take my word for it and at least call her because you want instantly know she is the one you want to hire. Not to mention her prices are much much better than others.

Thank you again Nikki, you are amazing at what you do!

Guys, call her! You'll be happy you did!!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 08/27/2016

Nikki was the best investment ever, worth every penny! She truly made the wedding planning process so smooth and seamless. I work full time and was so concerned about making sure I had all of my bases covered and Nikki just swooped in and tackled the brunt of the planning work. The day of, I didn't have to worry about dealing with vendors, and my family could just enjoy the day too since Nikki handled all coordination. She even disassembled my décor at the church and set up all 225 of my party favors at the venue. Can't say enough about her - THE BEST!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Sofia · Married on 07/16/2016

Nikki was amazing!

Planning a wedding from a different state can be very stressful but I can honestly say that Nikki made everything run smooth. She made sure we did not go over budget but still gave us the wedding of our dreams.
    I am so thankful for all that she did and highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Hiring Nikki was the best decision I made! During our engagement, I had never intended on hiring a coordinator. However, I was told wonderful things about Nikki from my amazing photographer, and I decided last minute that having someone for day-of coordination was a good idea in case things didn't go as planned. Surely enough, when there was a mishap with our setup time not going as planned with our reception venue, Nikki immediately stepped in and assured me that everything would be taken care of and I didn't have to worry. I felt completely relaxed knowing that she was taking care of all aspects of our special day. She went above and beyond what I would have ever expected of her, and I will be forever grateful to her for being such an integral part of our wedding day! Nikki, I cannot thank you enough, you are AMAZING! :)

Sent on 07/20/2016

Heather · Married on 06/25/2016

You NEED Nikki! A truly amazing planner and person! She deeply cares about each of her clients and makes you feel as though you’re her most important bride. She was integral in making our June 25, 2016 wedding the absolute best day of our lives and truly a fairy tale! The wedding was hosted at a family member’s Oakland Township, MI nursery and greenhouse. You can imagine the amount of planning that went into coordinating each and every vendor that needed to make a delivery and set up at this unique location. From the first meeting with Nikki to our Big Day, she was always there to provide support, ideas, and reassurance that all would go smoothly. I could write a novel on how much I appreciate Nikki – she is simply the best.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Janelle · Married on 06/10/2016

If you're looking for someone you can trust to make decisions on your behalf and in your best interests, Nikki Johns is the woman for it! She helped me plan my MI wedding in 7 months while I lived in Australia. Even with a major time zone difference, I found it easy to communicate via FaceTime, email, or text. Among other things, she was able to attend taste tests for me, make site visits, and keep me on track with payments to the vendors. While I had family in the area who I could have trusted to do these things, I trusted Nikki more to make the decisions in my best interest. Now you're probably wondering about the big day! Honestly, thanks to Nikki, my wedding couldn't have been more perfect. She was able to handle problems as they arrived and with all of her experience, she solved them on the spot. That service alone is worth the money. It was great showing up to our wedding without having to stress about whether so-and-so was in the right spot and if everything was going to go as planned. With her help, I was able to enjoy the best day of my life surrounded by my friends and family. I can't thank her enough.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Katie · Married on 11/21/2015

Nikki was absolutely amazing for our wedding (she also did my sisters recently). Her prices are very reasonable and she provided us with great day of wedding planning help which also included several meetings beforehand as well. I would recommend her and her team to anyone looking for a wedding planner, day of or for additional help.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Victoria · Married on 09/19/2015

Nikki was amazing to work with for our wedding day! I can't say enough about how excellent and perfect everything turned out on the day of our wedding! It was exactly how I imagined it. That wouldn't have been possible without the help of Nikki and Jen. Jen even put the hydrangeas in our wedding cake after it was delivered and it turned out just like the picture! The table settings, the place cards, the guest "book" table, all the little decorations around the reception venue...all of it look amazing. Nikki also made sure that things ran smoothly time wise throughout the day, which I truly appreciated. The entire bridal party actually showed up to the church right as the ceremony was supposed to start, but Nikki made sure everything else was ready to go and told me not to worry about being a few minutes. That was a huge help! I'm sure Nikki and Jen did more than I even know about and I can't thank them enough for everything they did!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/15/2015

I ADORE Nikki! I can't say it enough. She is incredibly sweet, patient and knowledgeable. I warned her that I didn't know much about weddings, but she jumped right in and made me an expert. She walked me through the entire process and is literally the best Day of coordinator that money could buy. The value I received from her was worth 3 times more than I paid! All my guests and even my mother were so impressed! Such a professional, and so willing to help in any manner she can. She's truly a gem and will make your day the best EVER!

Sent on 09/08/2015

This girl and her team were amazing, We got married on a day that poured rain ALL day (seriously - without stopping, Not one single second of the day was without rain.) in 50-something degree weather at the end of June in an outdoor ceremony and reception, and it was BEAUTIFUL. There is NO way that day would have gone down as well as it did without her and her team. My guests were commenting on them. My family was praising them. They set up our decor beautifully. She directed our ceremony and started our playlists. At some points in the day, she ran between my house and my reception tent (which is a 3 acre run, folks) in her bare feet in the freezing cold pouring rain, probably because it was faster. One of her staff googled concoctions to remove red wine stains and PERSONALLY blotted stains out of my wedding dress (and they got it out!). And at the end of the night, they were smiling and laughing with us. There is something truly touching about watching people who are basically strangers work themselves to the bone to give you a special day. I had to convince my husband that we should hire a coordinator, and he has since admitted that it was one of the best decisions we made. I HIGHLY and without reservation recommend this gal and her team. If you are someone who feels strongly about giving your business to good, quality people, Nikki Johns Events is the way to go. Thank you so much, Nikki and team! We love you!

Sent on 06/29/2015

I am really thankful for choosing Nikki for the day of wedding coordination. She is worth her cost and more. From meeting to review wedding details, meeting at the venue with all the vendors and to organizing the rehearsal. She is very professional, detailed and organized. On our wedding day Nikki and her assistant were extremely helpful and made sure everything was organized and on time. We are truly thankful for their hard work and great service!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Erin · Married on 05/17/2014

Nikki has helped me tremendously!! She is clever, energetic, and easily accessible. Always available when I have questions or concerns... As any bride-to-be knows there are a ton of concerns ;-) Absolutely loved having her in my corner.

Sent on 06/06/2014
  • Tudo

Tudo · Married on 08/17/2018

Oh Nikki, what I would have done without this girl! Nikki was the first wedding planner I called shortly after I got engaged, we immediately clicked but I felt I needed to still call around. I should've just trusted my intuition. When we discussed what I needed she suggested I get the all-inclusive wedding package. I was hesitant because of the price, but Nikki said two things that sold me. She said with this package it was "whatever you need, I got you" and then I asked if she offered a military discount. She immediately said yes, being married to a firefighter she could appreciate our military. Nikki wasn't lying when she said she was there for me for whatever I needed. Living in D.C. and planning a wedding in Detroit, it was important for me to make sure that all my trips back to Detroit were as productive as possible. She would give me a list of all the things I needed to take care of, visited all the vendors with me or for me if I wasn't around, and overall just helped to ease my stress when I felt overwhelmed. Most importantly Nikki was honest, she would tell me if she felt a quote was too high and would shop around to make sure I got the best prices. Her attention to detail is top notch, helped me with everything and things I didn't know I needed, can't recommend Nikki enough.

Nikki Johns Events 19
    Nikki Johns Events 25
    Sent on 09/21/2018

2.0
      3.0

Several months ago, I was looking for a day-of coordinator for my wedding. I somehow found Nikki Johns Events, and was very impressed by the rave reviews and beautiful website. I attempted to contact the company on two occasions: once through their website inquiry form, and another time over the phone. Unfortunately, I was never given any sort of response. I waited for a significant period of time between inquiries as well.

I am definitely a little bummed as the quality of Nikki's work seemed wonderful. I have to wonder if there was perhaps some error on the part of the website. I wondered if perhaps the company had gone out of business or something, but the Facebook page seems to be alive and well, with weddings being coordinated this season.

I respect the work that small businesses do and truly hope that this was some sort of oversight or error. My hope in posting this review is to simply express my disappointment and to encourage the company to evaluate responsiveness to potential clients.

Sent on 07/13/2016