Nicole Chan Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Alex Y. Getting married on 07/08/2023

Absolutely Amazing Photos and Experience

We booked an engagement shoot with Nicole. We had such a great experience from the initial booking through receiving the photos. We were really nervous as this was the first time we've ever posed for professional photographs, but Nicole was amazing. She was so friendly and personable and her directions were so great it put us at ease almost immediately. She has a great eye and was able to find backdrops and compositions that really made out photos pop with contrast, complemented our outfits, and really showed the candid emotions on our faces. It also was great to know that she had so much experience photographing cultural and fusion weddings (I'm Chinese and my fiancée is Indian), and truly understood some of the difficulties we had planning a fusion wedding. We received the edited photos faster than I could imagine on the same day. We would not hesitate to recommend Nicole Chan Photography to anyone getting married!
    Paula E. Married on 06/10/2022

Amazing experience. Made us feel really comfortable

Nicole is amazing! We booked her to do our wedding this month and are so glad we did. We loved her artistic eye and the way she was able to capture every little moment in a very natural way. She was so great with all our friends and family and made everyone feel really comfortable the whole time. We got so many fantastic pictures we couldn't be happier. My husband and I don't overly love being photographed a lot but she made us laugh and really enjoy every moment. Thanks so much!
    James M. Married on 04/16/2022

Nicole was such a pleasure to work with!

Nicole was super responsive to all my questions throughout the entire process. She had great ideas for poses and was able to include everyone given the limited time she had.
  • Justin
    Justin N. Married on 02/18/2022

Absolutely amazing wedding photos!!!!!!

Nicole was simply amazing from start to finish. From planning with us regarding what shots we wanted to making sure we got all the shots we wanted day of, Nicole was on point and far exceeded our expectations. Nicole was extremely good at giving us direction and capturing all of the right angles. In the end our wedding pictures ended up absolutely beautiful. She made the concrete walls of City Hall Boston look like the best destination for a ceremony and caught the most wonderful candid photos. Every friend, family member, coworker, etc. has let me know how amazing the photos are. Nicole also processed our photos with blinding speed and delivered them in a very professional and accessible manner. I cannot recommend Nicole enough. If you are planning a wedding, Nicole is your photographer.
  • Alisson
    Alisson B. Married on 12/31/2021

A True Expert

We worked with Nicole to photograph our small wedding on NYE in the Boston Public Garden and were absolutely impressed with her expertise and final results. Even with a small wedding (>15 total people), we had to change plans a few times and Nicole was with us every step of the way. What was most important to us was having a photographer that was familiar with the area and we definitely benefitted from Nicole's expertise. She even helped us get a second set of family photos in our hotel that we didn't even plan on. She took on the corralling of family members so well that it seemed effortless. We also had a great surprise when looking through our ceremony photos because we couldn't believe that she was able to get so many angles of us and our guests as a single photographer. Nicole was prompt, professional but also fun to be with during our solo session. Nicole also turned our gallery around so fast. It made our minimoon to be able to review our special day that quickly.

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Someday, I want to be 1% as glamorous as you are, Ali! That black and white of you two looking at each other during your first look with your families and friends is one of my all-time favorites.
  • Raji
    Raji S. Married on 10/17/2021

I wish I had booked her for the wedding!

I reached out to Nicole for a wedding portrait session after getting married in October and receiving lackluster portraits from my original wedding photographer. I heard back from her right away and was able to schedule a portrait session in her studio in Boston. We just had the portrait session a few days ago, and the whole experience was fantastic! Nicole (and her assistant, Kelly) were fantastic with using the right lighting and posing suggestions to get us to look our best. I was also impressed at how attentive she was to things like slight hair or clothing malfunctions, which are easy to miss in the moment but can really spoil photos later. To our surprise, we received our photos the very same day, and were blown away by how good they are! I showed them to a friend and she marveled at how true the colors were (not an easy task, with iridescent Indian silk clothing). I was a bit worried that a studio session would look staid and flat but that was not the case at all. My only regret after the session is that I didn’t use Nicole Chan Photography for our wedding—highly, highly recommended!
    Joslyn M. Married on 10/16/2021

Wonderful!

We worked with Nicole's studio lead, Karen for our wedding and she was wonderful! She was extremely efficient, organized, and kind. She made me feel so much less stressed about our wedding day. She made sure we got all the pictures we wanted and they came out perfect. In addition, she walked us through the process of making our photo album. We loved so many of the pictures that we had a hard time narrowing them down! Nicole also frequently checked in with us via email and gave us some great tips and tricks. Karen and Nicole were great to work with, I highly recommend them.

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Karen loved working with you two, Joslyn. Thank you so much for trusting us. Kind and efficient are definitely perfect words to describe Karen. Goofy is a close third!
    Vinny F. Married on 10/02/2021

Best New England Wedding Photographer

I cannot tell you how happy we were with Nicole and her assistant Karen, photographing our wedding. Not only are both photographers insanely buttoned up and talented, but they were equally a pleasure to collaborate with and were so polished and professional. There were several fellow photographers and producers at our wedding who all were thoroughly impressed.

Nicole and her team were one of the only things we didn't have to worry about day of. I cannot tell you how relieving that felt, that I knew we was in the best of hands. From the moment I walked in, Nicole was so kind and helpful.

My husband and I were speechless with the photos we received after the wedding. We got to relive our wedding all over again and through the eyes of everyone else and it was so beautiful. We could not be happier with Nicole and would highly recommend her - there is no one better!

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

I loved photographing you two. I know you two had high expectations, and I gave myself a pep talk before your wedding because I wanted to give you my absolute best. No pressure that I'm sure everyone at your wedding was ridiculously creatively talented too! Haha. I loved being there for you two, and I'm so happy you chose me to photograph your wedding. :)
  • Iris
    Iris S. Married on 05/14/2021

the best photographer/videographer team ever!

Nicole Chan's team is absolutely a dream to work with. I found them after reading 100+ reviews online. We were looking for a team that understood fusion weddings (my husband is Indian and I am Taiwanese). After glancing on their site and instagram, there really is no better team in the NE region. In fact, Nicole knew more about Hindu weddings than I did and helped me ask my in laws questions that I didn't even know to ask. She is also super responsive to emails which is good because I was planning this wedding long distance (it took place in RI and I was based in OH) and am very type A. The day of, her team was very on time, energetic and had great photo ideas. As most weddings, we were off schedule a bit but her team worked with us as if nothing even happened. So far we have gotten our video clip and photos and everyone (not just us) have told us that our videos/ photos are better quality and more dynamic than other weddings they have seen. We cannot wait for our final video to come out! I definitely would recommend working with them for your special day.

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

I would photograph you and E all day, any day. Loved you both. Loved your families. Thank you for being so kind. :)
    Garmen Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic experience

Effective communications. Karen was our photographer on our day. She was very easy to work with and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The photos came out really nice and natural. Love the candid shots!

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Karen is an expert at the candids! Thank you so much for trusting our team. Congratulations! Sending you lots of love. :)
  • G. Patil
    Golivia L. Married on 03/03/2020

Pictures taken with heart and soul

When you look for a wedding photographer who puts her heart and soul into her work, Nicole and her team are the one you should get. She has been amazing with the communication and she has delivered beautiful pictures that captured the beautiful moments of our day which I am so proud to share with my family and friends. Thank you so much for your time and effort, Nicole! We love you!!!

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

YOU ARE THE BEST. Thanks so much Golivia! It was such a joy to photograph you and your new husband on such an emotional and fun day!
    Jeff F. Married on 01/07/2020

Nicole was great!

Nicole photographed my proposal to my fiance. She was great - she was punctual, creative with our photos and helped stay strong and maintain our position in a crowded and sought-after proposal spot! Would recommend her to anyone.
    Audrey Married on 09/28/2019

Simply the best

Nicole and Karen are honestly heaven sent. We had a great feeling about Nicole after our initial phone call -- we have some stressful parents that we knew could be a handful to deal with on the day of, and Nicole just gave us such a warm, friendly, chill, yet professional feeling over the phone that we knew she would be excellent dealing with both our stress and that of our parents / in-laws. The "forever" session we had with her for engagement photos was great -- she got us comfortable with her, with each other, and said all the right things to get my partner and I interacting more intimately and privately despite being in a very public place.

Then, leading up to the wedding, Nicole and Karen both kept us organized, sending us helpful tips (seriously read her wedding planning tips -- it's like a free how-to guide) and reminding us of important deadlines for things even only tangentially to photography. The week of, Nicole dropped us a line to just wish us well and let us know she was ready for our big day. And the day of, the team showed up on time, planned the perfect first look with some epic shots of the Boston skyline, got some awesome candids of us and all our guests, didn't miss a single guest (we sent photos to all our guests afterwards and were able to find at least one shot of everyone), entertained children so they would be looking vaguely in the direction of the camera, navigate parental stress with grace, and even kept mum about a secret dance that one of us had planned for the other until it happened! The list could go on and on, but the professionalism and talent of Nicole Chan Photography and Promessa Studios are both un-paralled; they're able to get the most stunning shots in any type of light and have the patience to sit with you afterwards, reviewing each photo one by one.

We highly recommend Nicole and her team for any sort of event and especially weddings/engagements. We're only sad we don't have the opportunity to work with them anymore!

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

I will never forget you and T. I love your attitude towards life, how you two support one another, and the goofiness of your relationship. I learn a lot about life through my role as a wedding photographer and I feel like your relationship is one for the books. Thank you for your trust. It means a lot to me.
  • Catherine
    Catherine V. Married on 07/14/2019

Above and Beyond Our Expectations

Nicole is a masterful photographer! She photographed our engagement session and our wedding, and I am over the moon with how ALL the photos turned out! Even in low-light situations, Nicole and Karen were able to capture beautiful images. The photos have it all: compelling composition, display of emotion, storytelling, unique moments and the list goes on. On top of this, they were both so fun to work with! Nicole really knows her way around a wedding and helped me plan the overall timeline and flow. She even un-bustled and bustled my dress in a matter of minutes! We highly recommend Nicole Chan Photography for all your photography needs!
  • Dee
    Dee Married on 06/01/2019

Very impressive

I hired this photographer for my upcoming wedding. I was impressed by her work and how she flawlessly captured the moment in her pictures. I cannot wait to see how she tells my story through her photographs
  • Jordyn
    Jordyn S. Married on 04/20/2019

Outstanding interactions and photographs!

Nicole was absolutely the dream photographer! From our first phone call she put us at ease, and her calm demeanor and sense of humor were invaluable on the day of our wedding. She and her assistant were integral in the smooth running of the day. I cannot recommend her highly enough!
    Nicole Married on 09/14/2018

A+ for Quality and Value

We loved having Nicole and her team as our wedding photographer, as well as Promessa Studios (Karen) as our wedding videographer. The two worked together seamlessly and we truly enjoyed all of our photos and videos! We were sad when there were no more special reveals to view :) They are very organized and down to earth. The entire team integrated themselves in the wedding and enjoyed the dance floor with all our guests! They will be creative to get the perfect shot! They helped us create our wedding album, which was done about a month about the wedding, so that we had the final product right before the holidays. We are so glad we have that available to us and checked off the list! We are so glad we opted for video. Well worth the $$ spent! I knew Nicole from one of my friend's weddings. We highly recommend them as wedding photographer + videographer.
    Belinda Married on 08/11/2018

Phenomenal experience with Nicole and her team!

We're so happy that we chose Nicole and her team to cover our wedding! Photography and videography were incredibly important to us, and this was the second decision we made (after our venue). Our experience working with Nicole and Karen (her studio manager) leading up to the wedding was nothing short of phenomenal. In addition to being super warm, friendly, awesome people, Nicole and Karen were also extremely organized and exceedingly patient as we asked a million questions and talked endlessly about details, concerns, and considerations throughout the planning process. Every interaction felt like we were connecting with friends, not just "vendors", who truly cared about doing everything possible to ensure that we were completely comfortable and had as much ironed out as possible prior to the wedding.

The day of the wedding itself, I was extremely grateful for Nicole and Karen's comforting presence. They helped ease nerves and took care of things seamlessly, managing unpredictably rainy weather, straggling family members, and even language barriers with not only ease and grace, but also a sense of calm and humor that kept everyone smiling.

To go into more detail, we had a daytime wedding (August 2018) in a venue that was both indoors and outdoors. It rained the morning of the wedding on and off, and Nicole and team were able to expertly get us the majority of our "formal" photos outside on the venue's beautiful garden grounds in between showers. Nicole made sure to ask what I wanted to do about photos, exactly how comfortable I was about the rain, etc. and was extremely careful to maximize use of the time and minimize the impact of the weather. They had massive umbrellas to shield us in-between shots, had me avoid stepping in puddles or moving around too much, paid attention to exactly how "wet" we appeared to be getting, and knew when to call us inside. She cleverly made use of covered outdoor space for additional photos as well to maximize the outdoor photo opportunities. It was extremely clear that they had done this many times before, and everything went seamlessly despite the potential for weather-related mishaps.

As far as non-formal photography and videography, I should mention that Nicole and her team were true ninjas throughout the day as well; completely non-invasive while also always available when needed. In short, I couldn't imagine the day going better, and I couldn't imagine the day without them!

When we saw the photos and video after the wedding, we were blown away. The photos were beautiful, joyful, lovely, artistic, and fun. They captured the story and progression of the day through multiple lenses, even allowing us to see moments that we didn't have the chance to witness on the day itself. The video was truly a film, beautifully composed and crafted to capture the emotion and action of the day, with narration in the form of speeches and toasts and music that brought everything together holistically.

If photography and/or videography is important to you, look no further than Nicole. It was extremely important to us and we did a LOT of research. We saw that most other photographers tended to have particular "shots" that showed up in every album in their sample gallery. They seemed posed and felt cliche and "cookie-cutter", almost like portraits. What drew us to Nicole was that her work has life; it captures the emotion of the day, which felt so much more compelling and powerful to us. And after meeting her and chatting with her, we were convinced that she was the right choice for us. Choosing a photographer is a very personal decision; it was really important to us that we "clicked" with our photographer, that we felt like they understood us, and that we could trust them given how much time they'd be spending with us on our wedding day. Nicole was totally the right photographer for us and we would encourage anyone interested to contact her and get to know her yourself!
    Calvin Married on 06/17/2017
    We had Karen as our photographer and couldn't have been happier with our decision. She and her team put so much love and attention into making sure we got every picture we wanted at our wedding. We never felt rushed or like we weren't getting our five hours. We definitely recommend getting an engagement shoot so you get used to being photographed. It helped us a lot.

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Hi Calvin! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so happy that you loved your wedding photos and the whole photography experience! You give a great tip that having an engagement session is an awesome way to get to know your photographer a bit more and get comfortable in front of the camera! :) Thanks again for having me at your wedding!
    Jen Married on 08/06/2016
    I couldn't be more pleased with working with Nicole and her team for my wedding photography. From the very first skype meeting, Nicole put me and my now husband at ease - talking as if we were long lost friends. She and her team provided the perfect balance of fun/energy and out of this world talent. The images from our wedding were just stunning - more so than I even expected. This is especially impressive given that my husband also hates getting his picture taken. Nicole & team were so accommodating with making sure he felt comfortable and weren't intrusive at all - and as a result were able to truly capture the magic of the day and get photos that reflected all our special moments. We also had various wedding mishaps throughout the day such as dress malfunctions or schedule changes - Nicole & team took everything in stride which in turn helped keep my stress level down. I would highly recommend Nicole & team to anyone for their wedding photography!!!

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Hi Jen! Having a stress-free and fun day is what I always hope that my brides and grooms have. It means so much to me that you two had an awesome day. It also means to lot to me that you are happy that your photos reflect the special moments of your day. Most of the guys I photograph aren't thrilled with having their photograph taken, and I'm so glad that it felt so easy and natural for you two to be in front of the camera. :)
    Laurel Married on 07/09/2016
    Thank you Nicole and Karen for photographing our wedding day (July 9, 2016). We're a little behind with our reviews, but couldn't not write one. It was a jammed pack day and we kept you on your toes, but you captured some really great photographs (both posed and unbeknownst to us) that we really loved. On top of that, you were both still smiling by the end of the night. Thank you for giving us many beautiful keepsakes from our wedding day. Laurel & Steve
    Victoria Married on 06/17/2016
    Nicole Chan photography captured our wedding day and did such an amazing job! Nicole and her team caught moments with family and friends that we were not even aware they were capturing at the time, but now are so thankful now that we have the photos. They were discreet, yet thorough in their coverage. They did an excellent job capturing all the happiness and energy of the entire day. We are so happy to have these beautiful photos. Nicole and her team were very organized and responsive. They kept track of what was important to us and drove to multiple locations throughout the day to capture all the events of the day. Their level of service continued even after the wedding. They provided us with a preview the next day and provided the rest of our photos faster than expected. We are so happy and thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out!

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!! I try extremely hard to not only be a great photographer, but to also provide great service before and after the wedding. It's all the details that matter! I'm thrilled that you're happy. :) Congratulations!!!
    Kim Married on 05/28/2016
    On the day of our wedding, we had Karen, Jamie and Shannon as our photographers and they were an amazing crew. Super friendly, energetic, not afraid to hide in the bushes, lie on the ground to take our pictures. Also, literally every single picture was beautiful. They captured amazing moments and they definitely gave us their best efforts. At the end of the day, Karen was on her way out, but saw that I was tossing my bouquet and unpacked her camera to take shots for us. Jaime was also very understanding and tried to do everything that I wanted, especially when I was getting frustrated. They catered to our every need and we could not ask for anything better.

Best photography crew ever!

Hi Kim and Eric,
    We wouldn't miss the bouquet! :) We are so happy that we were able to be there for you, both as friends, and as your photographers. We are overjoyed that you are expecting your first and cannot wait to be there to photograph your little one!
    Tim Married on 05/28/2016
    Simply AMAZING! The biggest problem is picking your favorite picture as there are so many. Nicole has a lot of talent and is a wonderful person. We really enjoyed working with her and are just delighted. In fact, guests who are looking at our pictures have commented how much better our wedding pictures are than other wedding pictures, because of the amazing quality of Nicole's work. Definitely, hire Nicole!

Hi Tim,
    Thanks so much for these awesome words! It was insanely hard to select favorites from your gallery. THERE WERE SO MANY.
    Michelle Married on 05/07/2016
    I was blown away by how amazing Nicole and her staff were. I had been a guest at other weddings where she was the photographer and I am so happy I went with my instincts! The photos are amazing and Nicole was the consummate professional the whole day, even calming me down when I left my veil at my mom's house! I will always look back on my wedding day as amazing and that is absolutely reflected in the photography.

Hi Michelle,
    Your day was beautiful and I'm so happy that you chose me. It was amazing getting to know you and I can't wait until I get to photograph you again!