Nicole Chan Photography Reviews

92 | Quincy, MA

92 Reviews for Nicole Chan Photography

Jeff Friedman · Getting married on 01/07/2020

Nicole was great!

Nicole photographed my proposal to my fiance. She was great - she was punctual, creative with our photos and helped stay strong and maintain our position in a crowded and sought-after proposal spot! Would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Audrey · Married on 09/28/2019

Simply the best

Nicole and Karen are honestly heaven sent. We had a great feeling about Nicole after our initial phone call -- we have some stressful parents that we knew could be a handful to deal with on the day of, and Nicole just gave us such a warm, friendly, chill, yet professional feeling over the phone that we knew she would be excellent dealing with both our stress and that of our parents / in-laws. The "forever" session we had with her for engagement photos was great -- she got us comfortable with her, with each other, and said all the right things to get my partner and I interacting more intimately and privately despite being in a very public place.

Then, leading up to the wedding, Nicole and Karen both kept us organized, sending us helpful tips (seriously read her wedding planning tips -- it's like a free how-to guide) and reminding us of important deadlines for things even only tangentially to photography. The week of, Nicole dropped us a line to just wish us well and let us know she was ready for our big day. And the day of, the team showed up on time, planned the perfect first look with some epic shots of the Boston skyline, got some awesome candids of us and all our guests, didn't miss a single guest (we sent photos to all our guests afterwards and were able to find at least one shot of everyone), entertained children so they would be looking vaguely in the direction of the camera, navigate parental stress with grace, and even kept mum about a secret dance that one of us had planned for the other until it happened! The list could go on and on, but the professionalism and talent of Nicole Chan Photography and Promessa Studios are both un-paralled; they're able to get the most stunning shots in any type of light and have the patience to sit with you afterwards, reviewing each photo one by one.

We highly recommend Nicole and her team for any sort of event and especially weddings/engagements. We're only sad we don't have the opportunity to work with them anymore!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Volinski · Married on 07/14/2019

Above and Beyond Our Expectations

Nicole is a masterful photographer! She photographed our engagement session and our wedding, and I am over the moon with how ALL the photos turned out! Even in low-light situations, Nicole and Karen were able to capture beautiful images. The photos have it all: compelling composition, display of emotion, storytelling, unique moments and the list goes on. On top of this, they were both so fun to work with! Nicole really knows her way around a wedding and helped me plan the overall timeline and flow. She even un-bustled and bustled my dress in a matter of minutes! We highly recommend Nicole Chan Photography for all your photography needs!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Dee

Dee · Married on 06/01/2019

Very impressive

I hired this photographer for my upcoming wedding. I was impressed by her work and how she flawlessly captured the moment in her pictures. I cannot wait to see how she tells my story through her photographs

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Jordyn

Jordyn Sims · Married on 04/20/2019

Outstanding interactions and photographs!

Nicole was absolutely the dream photographer! From our first phone call she put us at ease, and her calm demeanor and sense of humor were invaluable on the day of our wedding. She and her assistant were integral in the smooth running of the day. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2018

A+ for Quality and Value

We loved having Nicole and her team as our wedding photographer, as well as Promessa Studios (Karen) as our wedding videographer. The two worked together seamlessly and we truly enjoyed all of our photos and videos! We were sad when there were no more special reveals to view :) They are very organized and down to earth. The entire team integrated themselves in the wedding and enjoyed the dance floor with all our guests! They will be creative to get the perfect shot! They helped us create our wedding album, which was done about a month about the wedding, so that we had the final product right before the holidays. We are so glad we have that available to us and checked off the list! We are so glad we opted for video. Well worth the $$ spent! I knew Nicole from one of my friend's weddings. We highly recommend them as wedding photographer + videographer.

Sent on 03/31/2019

Belinda · Married on 08/11/2018

Phenomenal experience with Nicole and her team!

We're so happy that we chose Nicole and her team to cover our wedding! Photography and videography were incredibly important to us, and this was the second decision we made (after our venue). Our experience working with Nicole and Karen (her studio manager) leading up to the wedding was nothing short of phenomenal. In addition to being super warm, friendly, awesome people, Nicole and Karen were also extremely organized and exceedingly patient as we asked a million questions and talked endlessly about details, concerns, and considerations throughout the planning process. Every interaction felt like we were connecting with friends, not just "vendors", who truly cared about doing everything possible to ensure that we were completely comfortable and had as much ironed out as possible prior to the wedding.

The day of the wedding itself, I was extremely grateful for Nicole and Karen's comforting presence. They helped ease nerves and took care of things seamlessly, managing unpredictably rainy weather, straggling family members, and even language barriers with not only ease and grace, but also a sense of calm and humor that kept everyone smiling.

To go into more detail, we had a daytime wedding (August 2018) in a venue that was both indoors and outdoors. It rained the morning of the wedding on and off, and Nicole and team were able to expertly get us the majority of our "formal" photos outside on the venue's beautiful garden grounds in between showers. Nicole made sure to ask what I wanted to do about photos, exactly how comfortable I was about the rain, etc. and was extremely careful to maximize use of the time and minimize the impact of the weather. They had massive umbrellas to shield us in-between shots, had me avoid stepping in puddles or moving around too much, paid attention to exactly how "wet" we appeared to be getting, and knew when to call us inside. She cleverly made use of covered outdoor space for additional photos as well to maximize the outdoor photo opportunities. It was extremely clear that they had done this many times before, and everything went seamlessly despite the potential for weather-related mishaps.

As far as non-formal photography and videography, I should mention that Nicole and her team were true ninjas throughout the day as well; completely non-invasive while also always available when needed. In short, I couldn't imagine the day going better, and I couldn't imagine the day without them!

When we saw the photos and video after the wedding, we were blown away. The photos were beautiful, joyful, lovely, artistic, and fun. They captured the story and progression of the day through multiple lenses, even allowing us to see moments that we didn't have the chance to witness on the day itself. The video was truly a film, beautifully composed and crafted to capture the emotion and action of the day, with narration in the form of speeches and toasts and music that brought everything together holistically.

If photography and/or videography is important to you, look no further than Nicole. It was extremely important to us and we did a LOT of research. We saw that most other photographers tended to have particular "shots" that showed up in every album in their sample gallery. They seemed posed and felt cliche and "cookie-cutter", almost like portraits. What drew us to Nicole was that her work has life; it captures the emotion of the day, which felt so much more compelling and powerful to us. And after meeting her and chatting with her, we were convinced that she was the right choice for us. Choosing a photographer is a very personal decision; it was really important to us that we "clicked" with our photographer, that we felt like they understood us, and that we could trust them given how much time they'd be spending with us on our wedding day. Nicole was totally the right photographer for us and we would encourage anyone interested to contact her and get to know her yourself!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Calvin · Married on 06/17/2017

We had Karen as our photographer and couldn't have been happier with our decision. She and her team put so much love and attention into making sure we got every picture we wanted at our wedding. We never felt rushed or like we weren't getting our five hours. We definitely recommend getting an engagement shoot so you get used to being photographed. It helped us a lot.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Hi Calvin! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so happy that you loved your wedding photos and the whole photography experience! You give a great tip that having an engagement session is an awesome way to get to know your photographer a bit more and get comfortable in front of the camera! :) Thanks again for having me at your wedding!

Jen · Married on 08/06/2016

I couldn't be more pleased with working with Nicole and her team for my wedding photography. From the very first skype meeting, Nicole put me and my now husband at ease - talking as if we were long lost friends. She and her team provided the perfect balance of fun/energy and out of this world talent. The images from our wedding were just stunning - more so than I even expected. This is especially impressive given that my husband also hates getting his picture taken. Nicole & team were so accommodating with making sure he felt comfortable and weren't intrusive at all - and as a result were able to truly capture the magic of the day and get photos that reflected all our special moments. We also had various wedding mishaps throughout the day such as dress malfunctions or schedule changes - Nicole & team took everything in stride which in turn helped keep my stress level down. I would highly recommend Nicole & team to anyone for their wedding photography!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Hi Jen! Having a stress-free and fun day is what I always hope that my brides and grooms have. It means so much to me that you two had an awesome day. It also means to lot to me that you are happy that your photos reflect the special moments of your day. Most of the guys I photograph aren't thrilled with having their photograph taken, and I'm so glad that it felt so easy and natural for you two to be in front of the camera. :)

Laurel · Married on 07/09/2016

Thank you Nicole and Karen for photographing our wedding day (July 9, 2016). We're a little behind with our reviews, but couldn't not write one. It was a jammed pack day and we kept you on your toes, but you captured some really great photographs (both posed and unbeknownst to us) that we really loved. On top of that, you were both still smiling by the end of the night. Thank you for giving us many beautiful keepsakes from our wedding day. Laurel & Steve

Sent on 01/03/2017

Victoria · Married on 06/17/2016

Nicole Chan photography captured our wedding day and did such an amazing job! Nicole and her team caught moments with family and friends that we were not even aware they were capturing at the time, but now are so thankful now that we have the photos. They were discreet, yet thorough in their coverage. They did an excellent job capturing all the happiness and energy of the entire day. We are so happy to have these beautiful photos. Nicole and her team were very organized and responsive. They kept track of what was important to us and drove to multiple locations throughout the day to capture all the events of the day. Their level of service continued even after the wedding. They provided us with a preview the next day and provided the rest of our photos faster than expected. We are so happy and thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!! I try extremely hard to not only be a great photographer, but to also provide great service before and after the wedding. It's all the details that matter! I'm thrilled that you're happy. :) Congratulations!!!

Tim · Married on 05/28/2016

Simply AMAZING! The biggest problem is picking your favorite picture as there are so many. Nicole has a lot of talent and is a wonderful person. We really enjoyed working with her and are just delighted. In fact, guests who are looking at our pictures have commented how much better our wedding pictures are than other wedding pictures, because of the amazing quality of Nicole's work. Definitely, hire Nicole!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Hi Tim,
    Thanks so much for these awesome words! It was insanely hard to select favorites from your gallery. THERE WERE SO MANY.

Kim · Married on 05/28/2016

On the day of our wedding, we had Karen, Jamie and Shannon as our photographers and they were an amazing crew. Super friendly, energetic, not afraid to hide in the bushes, lie on the ground to take our pictures. Also, literally every single picture was beautiful. They captured amazing moments and they definitely gave us their best efforts. At the end of the day, Karen was on her way out, but saw that I was tossing my bouquet and unpacked her camera to take shots for us. Jaime was also very understanding and tried to do everything that I wanted, especially when I was getting frustrated. They catered to our every need and we could not ask for anything better.

Best photography crew ever!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Hi Kim and Eric,
    We wouldn't miss the bouquet! :) We are so happy that we were able to be there for you, both as friends, and as your photographers. We are overjoyed that you are expecting your first and cannot wait to be there to photograph your little one!

Michelle · Married on 05/07/2016

I was blown away by how amazing Nicole and her staff were. I had been a guest at other weddings where she was the photographer and I am so happy I went with my instincts! The photos are amazing and Nicole was the consummate professional the whole day, even calming me down when I left my veil at my mom's house! I will always look back on my wedding day as amazing and that is absolutely reflected in the photography.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Hi Michelle,
    Your day was beautiful and I'm so happy that you chose me. It was amazing getting to know you and I can't wait until I get to photograph you again!

Chelsea · Married on 04/30/2016

My husband and I fell in love with Nicole Chan Photography from the moment we met Nicole and Karen! They completely won us over with their fun and friendly personalities and incredible eye for capturing the joy and meaning of a wedding day (which is evident by looking at all the gorgeous photos on their blog and website). We were looking for the photojournalistic style, and Nicole Chan Photography was the perfect fit. We just got our photos back and they are BEYOND stunning. Everyone is raving about how beautiful they are, from the clarity and quality of the photos to the incredible moments and emotions seen in the photos. We felt so much love, joy, and community on our wedding day, and Nicole Chan Photography truly succeeded in capturing all of it in the photos they took. On the day of the wedding, they were professional, efficient, and flexible: When our ceremony ran too late to get formal photos in the church, Nicole Chan improvised and got us some photos outside the church (which came out BEAUTIFULLY), and we were able to take the rest of the formal photos at our reception site. Everything went smoothly and we couldn't love our photos more! Thank you to Nicole, Karen, and the rest of your crew. We highly recommend Nicole Chan Photography for those looking for a photojournalistic style that captures all of the wonderful, real, candid moments of your special day (in addition to gorgeous formal portraits)!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Hi Chelsea,
    Thank you so much for noticing that we work extremely hard to be efficient! Wedding days are such moving targets that we feel it's important to be as flexible and "go with the flow, but move quickly" as possible. Your ceremony and the foot washing is one of the most memorable things that I've seen, and I am so lucky to have been able to photograph you two and your awesome families. Even though your wedding was a year and a half ago, I still love the gifts that you give your dad and remember all of the emotional moments in the morning.

We worked with Karen for our wedding, and we absolutely loved her! She was very flexible about the engagement pictures, and gave great advice about times and locations for pictures. She asked what we wanted for our pictures, and did a great job at giving us exactly the kinds of pictures we were hoping for! We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Kathryn · Married on 12/12/2015

We could not have been happier to have Nicole and her team as our
    wedding photographer. She was so professional, and organized
    throughout the whole process. She is extremely easy to work with.
    Planning a wedding can be stressful, and she put my mind at ease
    throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding she was calm,
    made the posed pictures fun, and got so many great candid shots that
    we didn’t even know she was taking. My husband is someone, who does
    not love getting his picture taken and he even commented about how
    smoothly the day went. We got a sneak peak when we came home for our honeymoon and had all the pictures back in less than a month. They came out absolutely beautiful and we will treasure them forever!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Love you tons, Kathryn. It's truly the highest compliment when someone says that I captured candid moments that you didn't even know was happening. I pride myself on being an awesome ninja. ;)

We used Karen Eng and her assistant photographer for our fusion Sri Lankan/American wedding. We booked Karen after seeing some sample albums of her work and loving her style. She was quick to reply to emails (very important when you are planning your wedding long-distance, like we did!), easy to work with, and completely professional. We are very happy with our pictures: the colors are bright and vivid and Karen and her assistant captured all the joy and happiness of the day. I would recommend Karen in a heartbeat and especially to anyone looking for a photographer who can capture all the different aspects of cultural & multicultural ceremonies.

Sent on 02/21/2016

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

We love quick e-mail responses, too! Thanks so much for choosing me to be your wedding photographer. Your day was filled with so much joy, and it was so easy to photograph all of the wonderful moments.

Nathan · Married on 10/10/2015

This review is over a year in coming and couldn’t be more deserved! Finding Nicole Chan Photography (and her videographer partner-in-crime Karen Eng) was the best decision, after our venue, we made for planning the perfect wedding. We were organizing everything long distance, so had to interview potential photographers over Skype. Nicole put at ease from the first chat, made us laugh, and inspired confidence through her well organized work flow and high-quality end products. She was always easy to work with, on top of our needs, and able to guide us through blindspots and first-wedding naiveté.

She offered to do a brief “engagement pic shoot” about a month before the wedding, which we would recommend to anyone. It allowed us to develop comfort with each others personalities, and sort through exactly the kinds of pictures, poses, and angels we like of ourselves — which were expertly integrated into Nicole’s work at the ceremony.

On the wedding day, Nicole and her team were prompt, prepared, and a blast to be around. They guided us through “first-look” and group shots quickly while settling our nerves. They projected exactly the calm leadership we needed.

The results are magnificent — hundreds of gorgeous snapshots of the best day of our lives. Nicole captured so many beautiful moments we would never have seen. Our personalities and the personalities of our family and guests all shine through. We will treasure what they gave us for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Hi Nathan and Libbey,
    I am so lucky to have met you two. Your love and dedication to your friends and family is inspiration. It was a privilege to have documented your wedding and i am so happy to hear that you appreciated the organized workflow. My type A traits finally come in handy! :) Congratulations again. :)

We had an incredible experience working with Nicole and her team. Throughout the entire process, everyone was extremely professional, organized, and both fun and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding, Nicole brought both a calm and excited energy and was able to keep us on schedule. Portraits and posed photos were a ton of fun. In addition, Nicole and her team were able to capture some truly special and genuine moments by blending into the background of the day. Within a week of the wedding, Nicole sent a sneak peak of photos, and the final set arrived a few weeks later. The photos are incredible and really capture the emotion of the day. Overall, we cannot say enough how amazing it was to work with Nicole and her team, and we are so thankful to have had them as part of our special day.

Sent on 11/01/2015

We knew Nicole was "the one" (photographer) for us since the moment we Skyped with her last year. Oddly we met a couple of photographers in person and we just didn't "click" with them like we did with Nicole through our laptop screen. Nicole is so easy to work with and made us feel at ease and comfortable. When she showed up IRL (in real life) on our wedding day - also the first time we met F2F- it was like seeing an old friend. Her sense of humor and calm, unassuming demeanor helped us relax as she and her crew captured our special day. We received our photos quickly - within 2.5 weeks and even included a beautiful slideshow preview before we got all of our beautiful images. Working with Nicole's studio manager, Karen, was also amazing. Karen responded to our emails and questions so quickly - and she is currently helping us build our wedding album.

We couldnt have been happier that we found and selected Nicole as our photographer. Our images are amazing - as well as photobooth captures! As soon as we shared these with our friends and family, many of them instantly used their photobooth pictures as their facebook profile photos. The quality of the images was great and so much better than the print outs we have received from other wedding photo booths.

Nicole is a dream to work with, and her team are top notch. We got so many compliments on our photos and also the dedication of the second shooters going the extra step to get amazing shots.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Nicole and her team did a fantastic job for my wedding! All of her team members went above and beyond that day, from lying in the sand capturing different angles, to being super flexible and easy going. She also set up a camera with an automatic timer on the dance floor that captured some amazing dancing photos! I choose Nicole because her photo's are more candid and not stiff/staged. I also choose her because she is a dog lover and has a page of photos dedicated to him :). I feel super awkward taking formal photos, and Nicole and her team made everyone feel so relaxed and the pictures turned out great! She also is always in communication with you throughout the entire wedding process and even sent us some chocolate on valentines day :). Payments and questionnaires were also all online which made it convenient. She also sent out a sneak peak of pictures 11 days after the event which was awesome! Overall, I would definitely recommend her to anyone! The pictures turned out great and she was so easy going and flexible during the wedding that made things less stressful and more enjoyable!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Nicole Chan Photography's reply:

Hi Ashley! I remember that the next day, my abs were super sore from laying in the sand and getting the angles that I wanted. Haha! WORTH IT. Your wedding was energetic and filled with so many funny things. Thanks for being so awesome, out of the box, and memorable. :)

Long · Married on 08/22/2015

Nicole and her whole team are the most wonderful group of people that you could ever hope to work with, and have done the best job in helping to capture every candid detail of our day! She is super energetic, funny, professional, and most of all caring. Oh, and it definitely helps that all her photos came out amazing, and she is probably one of the best photographers in Boston! (and Karen too!) Thank you so much again for being there to capture all our precious moments, and the one's that my friend's probably wanted to forget! =]

Long and Connie

Sent on 10/06/2015

Victoria · Married on 08/16/2015

Nicole and her team are absolutely amazing!! We barely even noticed them on our wedding day. They stole us away in order to capture a few moments by ourselves and no one even noticed. The pictures she took are absolutely breathtaking! Every single photo captured all the moments perfectly! We got our sneak peeks about a week after we got married. Our family and friends are in awe of the photos. We even hired her for videography! We can't wait to see the footage on that!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Christine · Married on 08/08/2015

Nicole Chan and her team exceeded all of our expectations. It was clear to everyone at our party how dedicated she was at her craft. At a traditional Chinese wedding of 250+ people, from beginning to end, she always had a smile on her face as she worked through ceremonies, formals, candids, and large family pictures. She captured and kept up with all of the energy we had, and had the greatest attitude all day and night. My guests were thoroughly impressed (and to much praise) the way her and her team darted in and out discreetly all night capturing all the beautiful moments at our wedding. She was constantly scouting out great angles and even took time to pull us out of the bustle to let us take in the moment and snap some great intimate pictures. I truly can not say enough good things about Nicole Chan and her team. If you want someone that will work harder than anyone else at your wedding, contact her. She is the best around period.

Sent on 10/03/2015