Nick Cinea Photography Reviews

Nick Cinea Photography 7
  • Sebastian

Sebastian Marino · Married on 06/22/2019

Cinea Photography was the Perfect Choice

While it was just one day, our wedding was in the works being planned for almost 2 years. With it easily being the biggest day of our lives, we wanted to make sure we had the best photos that would last a lifetime. Nick definitely did not let us down! From the first time calling him early on in the planning process you can tell he was knowledgeable, experienced, calm, fun to work with, trustworthy, and a true professional. Nick was able to help us with any questions we had immediately (even if they weren't photography related). We set up our meeting, where Nick went over everything his company offers, and after seeing many examples from previous weddings that Nick had worked, we knew this was a no brainer. We had our engagement photos done by Nick at Elizabeth Park in West Hartford, CT. You can tell he had done previous shoots there by how he knew the perfect places to take photos and catch moments at the exact perfect times. Needless to say when we got the photos they were perfect, and something we were excited to use on our Save the Dates.

Fast forward to the wedding day, while you're hoping everything goes to plan, just know with Nick there is no need to stress about the photography! He showed up to the hotel where we were getting ready with great energy to start the day off on the right foot. The ceremony was at St. Josephs Church in New Haven, CT and the reception at Cascades Fine Catering in Hamden, CT. Nick and his assistant photographer were beyond organized. They had previously visited both locations for us to scope everything out, and the really did not miss a single moment from the day. The photos he took of my wife and I, our wedding party, and all of our family and friends throughout the day and night really are second to none. The day goes by so fast, and we can definitely say we are happy to have gone with Nick Cinea Photography to capture all of these special memories.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Tierney · Married on 06/21/2019

Nick is amazing!

Nick was amazing! We used him for our engagement shoot and wedding and we couldn't have asked for anything better! He was so easy to work with and was so professional, reliable, and provides a high-quality service! He got our photos back so quickly and they came out AMAZING! Every time during the reception when he would see a group taking a picture he made sure to run over and capture the shot with his camera as well! My husband and I couldn't be happier with the memories Nick has captured for us to savor forever! We highly recommend Nick to everyone and anyone looking for a professional photographer looking for high-quality photos!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Nick Cinea Photography 12
    Nick Cinea Photography 13
    Nick Cinea Photography 14

Erica · Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic and easy to work with!

Nick Cinea was our photographer for our engagement and wedding. I met him at a wedding show in Hartford where I was waiting for that one photography vendor to pop out at me. What caught me first was his friendly attitude and light, airy photography style which was exactly what I was looking for. From our first time working with him at our engagement shoot we were quick to tell him how uncomfortable my fiancé and I were in front of the camera. He had some great ways to get us to loosen up and have a ton of fun while producing amazing photos. The week of our wedding I filled out a questionnaire where I was able to add the timeline I created with my planner from the venue. He was so top notch on our wedding day that even our guests were complimenting him. He showed up early, dressed professionally and got to work right as I was ready. He followed the timeline that I had uploaded and we actually ran early on a few things which made the entire day a breeze. He captured so many beautiful memories and my husband and I will be forever grateful to him for allowing us to always have these photos.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Susan · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Nick is incredible. We could not be more thrilled with the wide variety of special moments that he was able to capture throughout our wedding day. Not only was he able to capture all of the classic family & bridal party portraits, but he was also able to capture any and all special requests, both planned and unplanned, that occurred throughout the evening. All of our photos were made available to us on an online gallery, which has made it very easy to view and share our photos with friends and family.

Nick showed that he is true professional time and time again. Our engagement shoot was the first time either of us had worked with a professional photographer and we were both admittedly nervous going into it. Thanks to Nick and his very pleasant and calm demeanor, we became comfortable very quickly. This certainly paid dividends on our wedding day. Nick prepared for both our engagement shoot and our wedding day with thorough questionnaires and with visits to the planned locations. There’s no doubt that this preparation saved the day when we had to change the location of our bridal party photos due to other activity in Hartford on our wedding day. Throughout both sessions, not only did he keep himself organized to ensure he got each and every shot, but he kept his subjects organized, which proved to be a tall order at times. Nick and his assistant seemed to be at the right place at the right time throughout our wedding day and their preparedness certainly showed in the final product. If we could do it all over again, we would gladly choose Nick over and over again.

Sent on 06/29/2019

Nick Cinea Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Susan & Dave! I just came home from a wedding and read this. You've made my night :)

Christina · Married on 10/20/2018

Nick did our engagement shoot and our wedding and we could not be happier with everything! He was so accommodating, courteous, thoughtful, and fun. He made sure we were completely relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. His turnaround time was incredible, too. He posted about 15 photos the day after our wedding that we could share on social media, and we got all of our photos within weeks! We are thrilled with how our photos turned out, and couldn’t recommend him more!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2018

Top notch photographer!

I hired Nick for our 9/21/2018 wedding. Nick had come recommended to me by a family member who spoke incredibly highly about his work. One of the best recommendations I've gotten! Nick is an absolute professional who takes the time to understand his clients needs. I was very blunt with Nick when I told him my family isn't one to enjoy getting their photos taken. He worked with us to make it quick and painless. He got some excellent photos that I'll treasure forever. He was also cognizant of time - we didn't want to miss our entire cocktail hour doing photos and Nick made sure to be efficient but didn't rush. On top of that, he remembered the little details - my "good side", a few candid photos of my 95 year old grandfather, etc. There are so many wonderful things I could say about working with Nick but his photos speak for themselves.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Louise · Married on 09/15/2018

Captured the memories

There are not enough words to say how much we loved Nick! He really did a fantastic job capturing the special moments throughout the day; we really wanted to capture memories and moments in a natural and not too posed way - and he did a fantastic job. We loved working with him - I'm still smiling looking at the photos he took! He was very laid back, flexible, and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a photographer. Thanks again Nick!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/02/2018

Nick is not only an incredibly talented photographer, but is also just as professional: prompt replies, helpful answers to questions, and great at organizing folks for the big group shots!! I met him at an expo and immediately fell in love with his style, and was very impressed with all of our communication. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with his work!! 10/10 would recommend to anyone having a wedding :)

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Nick Cinea Photography 15

Cui sheung · Married on 08/10/2018

Nick was a great addition to the team we had put together for our wedding day. He was easy going, listen to all our requests & did an amazing job on our wedding photos! We couldn’t have been more happy! You will not regret Hiring Nick at all for any occasion! Im sure he will do an amazing job! Thank you again Nick for everything you did for our wedding day!

Sent on 09/23/2018

B · Married on 07/21/2018

Nick was easily one of our favorite wedding vendors to work with! In every interaction with him, you will clearly see that photography is his true passion. He is an excellent communicator, he is very enthusiastic, and he has a great creative vision for each and every one of his photos. Scheduling and coordinating with him was a breeze, and he did a phenomenal job of capturing the emotion of our special day. Overall, we cannot say enough about how thrilled we are with how our photos turned out.

We will definitely be working with Nick again in the future. Trust us - selecting Nick will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2018

Nick was our wedding photographer this past June and we got our photos back so quickly and they were absolutely amazing! Our friends and family are just as obsessed with our photos as we are! If my husband and I ever need a photographer again will definitely hire Nick!

Sent on 09/18/2018

rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

If you are looking for a fantastic photographer who is laid back but also able to confidently direct photo shoots, look no further. Used Nick for our wedding engagement shoot and wedding day photographer. I saw a few photo's on facebook that he did for a facebook friends wedding and was amazed how great the photo's were and how everyone looked. Nick is so quick to respond to email, phone calls, and text. He is so quick that he even sends a few photos by email the very next day after the session (engagement photos + wedding)! Talk about a fast turnaround. Excellent communication via phone, email and questionnaires leading up to the big day. My husband and I were a bit indecisive if we wanted a first look and what photos taken when, and Nick was able to accommodate every last minute change. For the engagement shoot, we had the photos taken in Mystic since we were in the area for a wedding anyway. I could not believe how much homework he did, looking on google maps to find 10+ spots to take photos on a bridge, in alleys, next to cute shops, etc. It was freezing cold out, but he still got it done, and you can’t even tell how cold we were in the photos! Professional, reliable, and most important high quality service. Just got married 2 weeks ago and will update with some of our fav photos once we get them :) Give Nick a call - at the very least he is a very nice person to chat with

Sent on 05/17/2018

Katie · Married on 11/19/2017

The greatest photographer I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Nick was easy to talk to and had an amazing vision for the photos and moments we wanted captured. My hubby hates having is photo taken but Nick still managed to get priceless shots and memorable moments from our engagement session and wedding. Thanks to Nick we have tons of photos and memories of the important days and the greatest photographer for all of our photography needs. If you have a chance to be photographed by Nick, take it.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Karolina · Married on 07/30/2017

We hired Nick to shoot our wedding, and he was amazing! Not only did the final product far exceed our expectations (and as an event planner, my expectations were very high!), but the entire process was nothing short of a pleasure. My husband and I live in Los Angeles, so we weren't able to meet Nick in person before booking him, and communicating between different time zones was often tricky. Nick made time to Skype with us even late at night to work with our schedules and help us feel more comfortable. He took the time to understand what was important to us so that he could get all our must-have shots. He cared enough to learn about our personal and family relationships so that he could be prepared for any situation, and he scheduled several follow-ups with us in the months leading up to the wedding. He helped us create and manage a timeline that worked and was realistic for everybody involved, including knowing what times to get the best lighting for our photos. On the day of the wedding, Nick and his second shooter, Jason, were the ultimate professionals. They got every shot that we asked for, and most importantly they did it in a discreet manner that never interfered with the ceremony. We had several guests ask us afterwards if we even had a photographer present because they did such a great job blending in. The reaction from our families and friends has been so amazing. Everybody keeps commenting on how much they love the photos and can't believe how many great moments were captured. We HIGHLY recommend Nick Cinea Photography, and we are so happy to call him our new friend! Thank you so much for capturing so much magic!

Sent on 09/04/2017

J · Married on 05/19/2017

My wife (then fiancé) and I got married a few weeks ago, and we hired Nick as our photographer. Nick was outstanding! He was polite, knowledgeable, and very eager to learn all about my (then fiancé) and myself. Nick wanted to make sure that he got to know us personally before we even discussed taking the first photo. We met with Nick probably half a dozen times over the course of our engagement( 1 year) and he really became more of a friend then just a business relationship. Nicks camera work is top notch. He does not stop moving the whole night so he can get the best shots possible. He went above and beyond to make sure WE were satisfied with the pictures and he even brought in a partner, Jason, to help out as our wedding was rather large. Jason as well did an incredible job. Nick Cinea Photography will definitely leave you glad that you chose him to photograph your wedding. Thank you Nick, you do great work and your passion for the camera is amazing.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2017

Nick was our photographer for our wedding in May, my husband and I are head over heels IN LOVE with every single one of our pictures! Nick really made an effort to get to know us before we talked business and we really appreciated that. He was so patient with us and captured so many beautiful moments on our wedding day. He listened to us and what we wanted in our photos and added his incredible talent to give us spectacular photos. We are so thankful Nick's information fell into our lap and we hope many more couples and families will experience the same joy we feel when we look at our pictures.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/09/2016

Nick Cinea is an awesome guy. He paid close attention too every detail I asked him to capture. The memories captured will never be forgotten. Nick followed up with an email once a week until my big day. The service that was given to us was exceptional!!!! You will definitely be invited to photograph upcoming events. Thanks Nick Jen Cooper

Sent on 11/09/2016

Peter · Married on 07/23/2016

Nick is a true professional who made sure we were comfortable every step of the way.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Saige · Married on 04/22/2016

Nick is a wonderful person to work with! He is very passionate and cares for every detail. He was a joy to have as a part of our wedding day and capture all the meaningful moments.

Sent on 09/27/2016